Aaron And Jane Situation

erin

Postby erin » Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:23 pm

Aaron Carter Cans Mom
By Joal Ryan

Teen idol Aaron Carter isn't in the middle of his parents' messy split. He's taking sides.

The 16-year-old younger brother of Backstreet Boy Nick Carter announced Thursday he was firing his mother/co-manager, and ordering an audit of his pop-star riches, the Tampa Bay Business Journal reported.

Jive Records, Aaron and Nick Carter's label home, could not be reached for confirmation late Thursday.

Per the Tampa Bay Business Journal, Aaron Carter has alleged that his bank account was tapped into by mom Jane, who reputedly left an IOU where earnings used to be.

The younger Carter noted he's moving in with dad Bob, who managed the teen's career with his wife, the paper said. Bob Carter will remain on as a co-manager, to work with a yet-to-be determined new rep. Presumably, Jane Carter will remain on as Aaron Carter's mother, whether her son likes it or not.

Aaron is best known to the Disney Radio Nation as the singer-rapper of kid-friendly confections such as "Aaron's Party (Come Get It)" and "That's How I Beat Shaq."

In the last year, his star has eclipsed that of Nick Carter, who, at 23, is struggling to establish a viable solo, beyond-Backstreet career. Last month, Aaron Carter released Most Requested Hits, a 16-track album retrospective of his 60-month recording career.

Overall, 2003 has been anything but a greatest-hits year for the Carter family. In August, Bob Carter was arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor battery following an argument with Jane Carter at the clan's Florida home. The argument's alleged flashpoint: Pictures of Aaron, and who should get them.

"My mother and father are going through some trouble right now and it's hurting the family. It's tearing up my little brother," Nick Carter was quoted as saying on the U.K. site, Contactmusic.com.

Before enduring tough parental times, Jane Carter penned the 2000 valentine, Aaron Carter: The Little Prince of Pop--The Real Inside Scoop from His Mom.

erin

Postby erin » Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:29 pm

Aaron Carter boots mom

Teen pop star Aaron Carter, who hails from the Tampa Bay area, Thursday announced the severing of his personal and professional relationship with his mother, Jane Carter.

Jane Carter -- together with Aaron Carter's father, Robert Carter -- had been Aaron Carter's co-manager for the last decade, since he was 6 years old.

Aaron Carter stated in a media release that the current divorce proceedings between his parents prevented him from having regular contact with his father. In addition, the release states that significant funds are missing from Aaron Carter's account, attributed to his mother through a promissory note that she signed.

The singer, brother of Nick Carter of BackStreet Boys fame, has moved in with his father and is conducting a full audit of his finances, the release states. Aaron Carter is seeking new management to work with his father, who will remain as his co-manager.

© 2003 American City Business Journals Inc.

erin

Postby erin » Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:32 pm

TEEN POP STAR ACCUSES MOTHER OF THEFT

MARATHON, Fla. (AP) - Teen pop singer Aaron Carter is severing his personal and professional relationship with his mother alleging she took more than $100,000 from his bank account without his permission.
"I feel betrayed by my own mother," the 16-year-old said in a statement Friday. His parents, Jane and Robert Carter, have been his managers for 10 years. They seperated in March and are seeking a divorce.
Aaron, younger brother of Backstreet Boy Nick Carter, is filing for legal emancipation to cut off his relationship with his mother and to take other legal actions on his own behalf, publicist Brenda Loughery said.

erin

Postby erin » Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:39 pm

Aaron Carter Fires Mom
Posted on Thursday, December 11 @ 10:25:19 PST by MusicMan

Anonymous writes "Entertainment Tonight reports, that Aaron Carter has officially severed personal and professional ties with his mother, Jane Carter, claiming she caused him certain financial discrepancies. Jane, together with Aaron's father Robert, has co-managed her 16-year-old son's career for the past decade. In an official statement from Aaron's publicist, the singer stated, "I feel betrayed by my own mother," adding, "All these problems started when she booted my dad. I worked hard for months and I come home and owe money!" Aaron has moved in full-time with his father and is currently seeking new representation to co-manage his career with Robert."

erin

Postby erin » Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:40 pm

Pop teen Aaron Carter blasts Mom

Teen pop star Aaron Carter is cutting off all relations with his mother, Jane, exposing an ugly family battle over money.

The 16-year-old singer, whose brother is Backstreet Boy Nick Carter, said yesterday:

"I feel betrayed by my mother. These problems started when she booted my dad. I worked hard for months, and I come home and owe money! And my mother only allowed my father to see a single show during my whole tour."

Aaron's father, Robert Carter, and mother have been his managers for 10 years, but the couple is now going through a bitter divorce.

Yesterday, Jane told us the claims that she mishandled her son's funds are "ridiculous." She claimed her husband, who, along with her, thought it was a good idea to put their children to work, has mistreated her for years. "I know what kind of a person my husband is," she told us, adding that she thinks Aaron chose to move to his father's Florida home recently because "his dad lets him party like crazy."

Jane said she filed for custody of Aaron and his twin sister, Angel, this week in a Florida family court. "I would love to talk to my son, but [Robert] is not allowing me," she said.

Jane's father, Douglas Spaulding, claimed that Robert "has "brainwashed [the children]."

"Jane wanted the world's happiest family, and was trying to hide the monster in the basement," Spaulding said. "He's down there sharpening knives."

Aaron's spokeswoman, Lizzie Grubman, told us, "Aaron is a 16-year-old teenager who does not party." She declined to comment on Jane's allegations against Robert.

Robert, reached through Aaron's agent, Phil Lobel, refused to comment.

erin

Postby erin » Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:43 pm

Aaron Carter: 'I feel betrayed by my own mother'

MARATHON, Florida (AP) -- Teen pop singer Aaron Carter is severing his personal and professional relationship with his mother, alleging she took more than $100,000 from his bank account without his permission.

"I feel betrayed by my own mother," the 16-year-old said in a statement Friday. His parents, Jane and Robert Carter, have been his managers for 10 years. They separated in March and are seeking a divorce.

According to Aaron's publicist, Brenda Loughery, an accountant notified Robert Carter several months ago that his wife had taken the money out of Aaron's account. She had signed a promissory note for the missing funds.

The Associated Press' attempts to reach Jane Carter were unsuccessful Friday; there was no phone listing for her or her company, Spectra Management.

Aaron, younger brother of Backstreet Boy Nick Carter, is filing for legal emancipation to cut off his relationship with his mother and to take other legal actions on his own behalf, Loughery said.

Much of the missing money had been earned during Aaron's recent solo tour, Loughery said.

The singer, who is conducting a full audit of his finances, also discovered unpaid bills he thought had been settled.

"I worked hard for 10, 11 hours a day, not including school and press appearances, and I come home and I owe money," he said.

Carter is living with his father in Marathon and is seeking a new co-manager. He said the problems began when his parents separated.

His latest album, "Most Requested Hits," was released last month.

erin

Postby erin » Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:45 pm

Aaron Carter's mom denies accusations

NEW YORK (Billboard) -- Jane Carter, the mother and former co-manager of 16-year-old Aaron Carter, is denying allegations that she mishandled the pop star's funds.

Last week, the singer announced that he had severed personal and professional ties with his mother, who says she has managed his career since he was seven.

Aaron Carter alleges that his mother took more than $100,000 from his bank account without his permission. The pop star issued a statement saying, "I feel betrayed by my own mother." He is seeking legal emancipation from her.

Jane Carter had been managing Aaron's career along with his father, Bob Carter; the couple is in the process of divorcing and is said to be battling over child-custody issues. Bob Carter continues to manage Aaron; a spokeperson for the singer says his father is seeking a co-manager.

In a statement, Jane Carter says she has been accused of "false allegations designed to hurt me, my family and my son's career. I am confident that the truth will come to light in a court of law."

erin

Postby erin » Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:52 pm

The Truth In Aaron Carter's Case
Posted on Monday, December 15 @ 10:19:58 PST by MusicMan

popdirt-rocks writes "Official press release where Aaron Carter's mother Jane Carter says her husband, Robert Carter made a false statement imitating Aaron's writing. Check out a scan of the release here:" geocities.com/laquena/untitled.bmphttp://www.geocities.com/laquena/untitled.bmp

erin

Postby erin » Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:55 pm

Carter feud gets harder

The father of pop singer Aaron Carter and Backstreet Boy Nick Carter is charging back at his estranged wife, Jane, claiming she's the family troublemaker.

Robert Carter, who's going through an ugly divorce with the mother of his five children, is supporting Aaron's decision to sever ties with Jane. Aaron, 16, pictured here, who lives with his father and twin sister, Angel, claims his mother mishandled his money.

Responding to Jane's claim that Robert mistreated her during their marriage, Robert told us, "The only abuse I gave her is verbal abuse." He claims that she caused the family even more grief.

Reached by this column, Jane shot back: "It's false. He's trailer trash."

Robert also claims Jane was "coming on to" his cousin … "and he's gay."

Jane denied the allegations, laughing, "That is not true. [His cousin] is gay. He was working with me on the Backstreet Boys fan club."

Meanwhile, Robert is now engaged to a 29-year-old woman. "I did meet somebody at a boat race in September in Alabama," he said, adding that they plan to marry when his divorce is final.

Defending her father, Angel told us that if her mother gets custody of her, "I'm running away. I'm happy with my dad."

But another daughter, Leslie, 17, who lives with Jane, said: "Mom may not be perfect, but she kept everything together."

erin

Postby erin » Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:58 pm

Pop Singer Aaron Carter In Legal Flap With Mom
Star Alleges Mom/Manager Took $100K From Him

Aaron Carter is so angry with his mother he's looking to sever ties with her personally and professionally.

Aaron CarterCarter said in a statement his mother, Jane Carter, took more than $100,000 from his bank account without his permission.

"I feel betrayed by my own mother," Aaron Carter said.

Aaron Carter's publicist said an accountant told Carter's father several months ago his wife had taken the money out of their son's account.

Aaron Carter's parents are in the process of divorcing. He is conducting a full audit of his finances, and he's filing for legal emancipation from his mother.

The singer is now living with his father and is looking for a new co-manager.

Aaron Carter said the problems began when his parents separated.

Jane Carter said, "All I can say is that as Aaron's mother and manager, I'm very, very saddened and disappointed by these allegations.

erin

Postby erin » Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:01 pm

Carter Cuts Relationship With Manager-Mom

MARATHON, Fla. (AP) - Teen pop singer Aaron Carter is severing his personal and professional relationship with his mother, alleging she took more than $100,000 from his bank account without his permission.

``I feel betrayed by my own mother,'' the 16-year-old said in a statement Friday. His parents, Jane and Robert Carter, have been his managers for 10 years. They separated in March and are seeking a divorce.

``All I can say is that as Aaron's mother and manager, I'm very, very saddened and disappointed by these allegations,'' Jane Carter told The Associated Press Friday night. She declined further comment.

According to Aaron Carter's publicist, Brenda Loughery, an accountant notified Robert Carter several months ago that his wife had taken the money out of Aaron's account. She had signed a promissory note for the missing funds.

Aaron, younger brother of Backstreet Boy Nick Carter, is filing for legal emancipation to cut off his relationship with his mother and to take other legal actions on his own behalf, Loughery said.

Much of the missing money had been earned during Aaron Carter's recent solo tour, Loughery said.

The singer, who is conducting a full audit of his finances, also discovered unpaid bills he thought had been settled.

``I worked hard for 10, 11 hours a day, not including school and press appearances, and I come home and I owe money!'' he said.

Carter is living with his father in Marathon and is seeking a new co-manager. He said the problems began when his parents separated.

His latest album, ``Most Requested Hits,'' was released last month.

erin

Postby erin » Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:10 pm

Aaron Carter's Family Feud

(video clip at the link)http://et.tv.yahoo.com/music/2003/12/16/aaroncarterspeaksout/

Just last week, teen pop sensation AARON CARTER announced that he has officially severed his personal and professional ties with his mother, JANE CARTER, claiming she caused him certain financial discrepancies. Tonight on ET, our own JANN CARL sits down with Aaron for an exclusive interview!

"She changed, and I think it has a lot to do with money," the 16-year-old singer tells Jann. "You tend to see that a lot in the [entertainment] industry, and it's a sad thing to see. And when it happens to my mother it's like, 'Whoa, hold on a second.'"

In an official statement from Aaron's publicist last week, the younger brother of BACKSTREET BOY NICK CARTER stated, "I feel betrayed by my own mother," adding, "All these problems started when she booted my dad. I worked hard for months ... and I come home and owe money!"

Jane Carter, together with Aaron's father ROBERT, had co-managed her son's career for the past decade. She was granted legal custody of Aaron in August 2003 after the couple separated and filed for divorce. Aaron has now moved in full-time with his father and is currently seeking new representation to co-manage his career with his dad. According to his statement, "certain financial discrepancies came to light in regards to the disappearance of significant funds of Aaron's" over the course of negotiating the division of assets in the current divorce proceedings. The funds were "acknowledged as being taken in part" by Jane "according to a promissory note that she signed."

Aaron says he found out that he was missing a substantial portion of his earnings about three months ago. "It's really untraceable, but what we have on documents is about $700,000 or $800,000," explains Aaron. On a recent tour, the pop singer says he was making about $180,000 to $300,000 a night and, "I didn't get anything. Don't know where it is. Nothing got put into my account."

Luckily, 15 percent of the money Aaron earns as a minor, by law, automatically gets put into a trust fund. But in addition to the missing money, a shocked Aaron also found out he was in debt. "It was like, 'How is that possible? I don't get it.' When I make $180,000 to $300,000 a night and I do 30 shows, there's something wrong there. And I'm only in debt, like, $200,000. That should have been paid off. But it wasn't."

In response to Aaron's ET interview, Jane responded with a statement saying, "As a devoted and concerned mother, I am disappointed and hurt that Aaron chose to discuss our private family issues on national television. I have faith in the legal system and believe many of these issues will be settled justly and fairly in a court of law. I want Aaron to know that I love him. I look forward to the day when we can put this ugly mess behind us and return to being a strong and unified family."

Tonight on ET, catch more of Aaron's interview with Jann and find out the latest on this controversy!

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:12 pm

good lord girl!

Sarah
Supreme Member

Postby Sarah » Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:24 pm

well at least i can safely say i am up to date with the whole thing!! :lol:
thanx for posting

musiclova67
Supreme Member

Postby musiclova67 » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:36 pm

He looks so sad in that video clip they have of him there on ET. Almost like he's going to cry. It makes me feel really bad for him. :(

Return to “Aaron Carter”