Wood Wants Fellowship Dvd

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:48 pm

Elijah Wood told SCI FI Wire that he's eager to see the "special extended edition" of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, which New Line Home Entertainment will release as a four-disc DVD set on Nov. 12. "I can't wait," Wood said in an interview. "I want it now, because it is a half-hour longer. They've cut a half-hour back into the movie."

The actor, who stars in the Rings trilogy as the heroic hobbit Frodo, added, "Instead of having the release with the deleted scenes section, [director Peter Jackson] has literally cut 30 minutes back into the film and added new musical cues that [composer] Howard Shore wrote for the DVD. There are also two discs of supplemental material. So there is a bunch of bonus documentaries and an in-depth study of how the movie was made. It's pretty unbelievable." The second chapter in the Lord of the Rings adventure, The Two Towers, opens nationwide on Dec. 18.

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Wed Oct 09, 2002 10:46 am

can't wait to see the next one!!! :)

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Wed Oct 09, 2002 3:00 pm

same! I've been waiting a frickin year! This is ridiculous <_<

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Nov 24, 2002 5:39 pm

The extended version ROCKED!!!

And so will the next installment in theatres Dec 18th, do not forget!

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Mon Nov 25, 2002 7:15 am

Yes....O hate double posts! <_<

<!--EDIT|dazed410|Nov 25 2002, 07:16 AM-->

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Mon Nov 25, 2002 7:15 am

did it?!?

ah YES!! I am getting that from the reantals for the holidays!! :)

thanks for the review claire! :hug:

oh, and DUH!!! (:lol: I feel like 4 for saying that but oh well! )

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Sat Nov 30, 2002 5:40 pm

I got it! It totally rocked!! I fuccking love the whole thing! :wub:

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Dec 01, 2002 7:18 pm

Oh, Yeah.....

Are you from the LOTR fan community, or just watch it as a viewer?

Some people didn't believe me last year that it's gonna be the best. Because they hadn't read Tolkien, of course.

Can't wait to see how they did the second part of it! 15 days on the countdown.

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Sun Dec 01, 2002 9:16 pm

no no no I am huge LOTR fan community gal!! :P

It's 17 days here <_<

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Tue Dec 03, 2002 11:07 am

So, I'm glad we met!

Did you like the new scenes with Merry and Pippin? I'm a big hobbit lover, I see them everywhere...

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Tue Dec 03, 2002 7:58 pm

yey me too! :)

UGH YEEEEESSS! I love hobittsssssss(drawn out just like smeagol :lol:)

Yea, I loved the extra scene with the mansa (sp?) bread where Leagolas is like, "the smallest nibble is enough to fill a grown man's stomach." and Merry asks Pip "how many have you had?" and he's like, "uggh, four..." :lol: :lol: it was sooo classic pip and merry! I love them all soo much :hug: I feel like they're my best friends :lol:

My faves are Aragorn, Frodo, Merry/Pip/Sam, Legolas, and Gandalf. I also really love the Ents!! I cannot WAIT for the second one, I am def going to piss my pants! :lol: :piss:

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Tue Dec 03, 2002 9:02 pm

YEAH! I KNOW WHAT YOU"RE TALKING AAABOUUTTT!

Just loved the scene that you pointed, and also the new Sam/Frodo lines.

My favourite is Sam, the Hobbit. I see him first in a scene, and when he's not there, I see the other hobbits, I just have a passion for them, I don't know why.
And of course, Gandalf, he's great. I was willing to find out more about these characters - The Wizards, but I'm still researching, they're very mysterious.

Did you see the pictures of the ents? Actually it's on one of the movieposters. And it's not easily seen. LOVED this poster.

And what about the actors? I personally didn't know most of them, there wer enew faces. A lot. Most important the hobbits were well chosen!

:) B) :)

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Tue Dec 03, 2002 10:07 pm

yes!!! I love that moive poster as well!!

I don't know too many of the actors, well I kinda do now, but I didn't before!

I think the whole thing was juts done soo sooo sooo well! Hey, I have a question...do you remember Tom Bombadill?! I was disapointed they left him out of the Fellowship!

But I CANNOT wait for Golum!!! :freaked:

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Wed Dec 04, 2002 2:57 pm

I totally agree that Tom Bombadill's removal was controversial. I heard some comments from the director and cast member about it, but it's not that clear for me, hm. And also the character of Arwen in - that's controversial, too. But I'm learning to live with it, hm, let's see the Two Towers first.

"Preccioouss"

See ya! B)

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Thu Dec 05, 2002 9:00 pm

ooo thanks! :nod:

Gisele
Supreme Member

Postby Gisele » Thu Dec 05, 2002 9:03 pm

Thanx for the info.

Kiss B)

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Fri Dec 06, 2002 4:51 pm

Thanks for info! Pretty cool info! THANKS! :D

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Fri Dec 06, 2002 6:38 pm

dont worry about it wrote:i know i'm jumping all up in the conversation here, but there's an article with Dominic http://dominic.delicious-blue.org/dom/unreel.phphere briefly discussing the Tom Bombadil issue. he makes sense. and about the whole Arwen thing, they needed a way to introduce her character and her relationship with Aragorn. i'm not gonna say whether it was completely necessary, but the filmmakers had a point to do it the way they did.

Yes, that's exactly the article that I was mtalking about and I'm pretty OK with his explanation. Well, I kind of hate it that he talks instead of the director...hm..., though he explains it quite right. Well I have to admit I'm infatuated with Dominic. Well, actually with the way he talks, becasue it kind of reminds of myself...so I guess it's love for myself? I don't know, he just reminds me of myself in the way he expresses... It's not some crazy fan thing... As I remember that I've watched his show on TV and I haven't noticed that it was him, until I read somewhere, I'm sometimes kind of blind.
Anyway I mentoned all that only to introduce the fact that it's his birthday on Sunday, Dec 8th, so in order to wish one of the LOTR members all good.

I should say I'm negative about Lady Arwen's presence, but this is Peter Jackson's business after all. I know, I didn't trust him, but he did a great movie and I respect him now.

And I think Elijah Wood's hair is all tight (though it's all cut) . God, was really that old movie with Bruce Willis, I hardly remember, I must have been ten years old or something. And The Good Son, of course! My other picks for movies with him should be "The Ice Storm" and the short appearance in "Black and White" . I think he looked more like Tobey Maguire's brother in that movie. I mean everyone, even Katie Holmes, resembled Tobey Maguire's sibling, evryone but Christina Ricci, that was ridiculous.

The first LOTR character to get an Oscar should be The King, I mean Aragorn. He's one of the most complex and is well done. And Sam also - I expect a good performance. And I think he's doing great by now. Or I'm just the all time biggest hobbit lover.

We should open a TTT topic here.....

dw-ab-it Hi! :)

God, it's a way too long....

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sat Dec 07, 2002 6:26 pm

God, thanks that you were here. I love all that you said, and about Dominic, esp. With the mood I am in today, all that can crack me up is this guy. It's so bad I live in Europe, and I'm far away form anything LOTR, and the big time shows are in the USA right now...
But the guy (Dominic) said he's coming home some early next year. Hope to catch him here. Btw, what was this on his hands on the premiere? Something written that I cannot see.
Anyway all that because of the birthday date, it's on my mind and that's why...

I am so happy to have this talk with you right here. I was so troubled today, but when came here to talk got back in the mood!

However, I wanted to ask one thing: What was that with last year's Oscars when our favourite British were left out of the ceremony? How did this happen? I knew I didn't see them in the hall, but were they let in? Do you know that?
Just remembeed that and decided to ask you, and you may know.

I am here and ready to answer everybody (who wants to ask me something, but I doubt this :lol: )

Love for you guys!

orleez#1babe

Postby orleez#1babe » Sun Dec 08, 2002 2:30 am

Political statement?
Hmmmmm...i'm not sure.
then again, could it have something to do with some fund-like-"save the trees"-thing?
oh well, someone must have the answers.

And Claire, what do you mean?
Refresh my old, cob-web-covered memory please.;)
it's so nice to come home from a whole day of freakin' exams and see people who can type and share the same taste of men with me. :)

i love all of you (in a weird way),
sincerely,
Milla

orleez#1babe

Postby orleez#1babe » Sun Dec 08, 2002 2:38 am

dont worry about it wrote:i LOVE Dominic. he is...i love him. and Billy. they were so meant to be best friends. did you see the WB special "Return to Middle Earth?" PURE COMEDY with those 2. loved it. and of course Elijah. the man is lovely.

i've said it before and i'll say it again. the Oscars mean nothing to me, since 9 times out of 10 they give the award to movies and actors who did not deserve them, while those who gave the best performances are assed out (ie A Beautiful Mind. i HATE that movie. it was crap. and i can't stan Russell Crowe. ick). it's crap. but whatever. i'm not bitter ;)

i totally agree with you 100%.
you read my mind.
couldn't have said it better myself.
get the picture?
i'm with you all the way.

love, Milla :yay:

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Dec 08, 2002 5:03 pm

Yes, at the Oscars last year! Do you know what has happened? It is said they had no room for them in the hall, refused them tickests for the ceremony, but that's ridiculous, so I was wondering if they were let in anyway, because I didn't see them. That's the case.

Oh, so he's saving the trees? I would go for that.

Hey, Milla!

:)

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Dec 08, 2002 6:04 pm

Well, more important they had fun, and I hope they're not really angry with the Academy. The rules suck, and there is obviously discrimination, as the whole "Gosford Park" cast was there, taking about three rows - too much servants in this movie! And the LOTR people were located in the middle of nowhere. It's good that there are after-parties.

However, this whole thing is really awkward.

I wanted to ask something else. Have you taken the Personality test at the barrowdowns.com/personality.asp?Size=Barrow-Downs? I personally think it's precise, so I've taken it, and wondered what you can score on it.

If there are any interesting LOTR moments while the cast is in Europe should I report?

The Lovely B)

orleez#1babe

Postby orleez#1babe » Sun Dec 08, 2002 10:50 pm

yes, plese report anything, honey!
i turned out to be like boromir, but also like aragorn and gandalf.
oh well.
whatever.

God, i love this place!! :rolleyes:

Lots of suffocating hugs,
Milla :blowkiss:

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Sun Dec 08, 2002 11:13 pm

there were waaay too many new posts to read so I only skimmed but can I just say...

<span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>
ONLY 10 MORE DAYSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEY!!
</span></span></span>

:dance: :dance: I cannot wait!!! :nod:

orleez#1babe

Postby orleez#1babe » Sun Dec 08, 2002 11:24 pm

Well, its only 10 more days here, too. Are you in LA?

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:03 pm

Hey, I scored Sam on the test. Twice. Now I know why he is my favourite character - we're similar...hm, especially the Ring question - I would return it.

I like the BarrowDowns so I just dropped this in.

And dw-ab-it - Scotland - hidden passion? They have cool accent, I think, and a lot of castles, and kilts!

I'll open a new topic about premieres, cause it'g getting really all kinds of topics here - we can deal with other news also. And everything you here!
Especially Peter Jackson interviews will be great. I've read only one about TTT by now, but hope to watch on TV - promos.

Lonely Queen of Middle Earth...

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:53 pm

I agree - it's strange for a Californian to fall for the moody Scotland. But it's kind of mysterious and intriguing also. I love the accent, too! But more like the one that Irish have - you can barely understand something, it's almost Celtic. Scottish is a little more easy to understand, but still confusing sometimes. I say all that stuff, because of watching so many British movies on TV. I've almost got used to this. And they all have different accents - it's great.
So you're into British mithology? Wonderful - that's an interesting part of Europe, though I'm personally attached to my Slavonic roots.
I know that famous people from Scotland are proud to wear their kilts - like Sean Connery and Ewan McGregor, I assume they're really proud of it, so they advertise their country!

A question, a little different from what we're talking - what accent are hobbits supposed to talk during the LOTR movie? Because you mentioned Billy, and I thought they had that strange talking. And Sam and Frodo - how did the deal with their American accent?

Love B)

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Thu Dec 12, 2002 4:07 pm

Oh, finally someone from the USA to know much about Britain. You - great! Would you give us a shorter nick, so that I can address you personally?

Thanks for your opinon on accents. I know there must be some explanation on the DVD but I couldn't watch everyhting, ( :angry: ) I had rented it, and I had to return it, and a person just can't get all that info in 24 hours. I felt guilty after that. I'm gonna rent it again this weekend.

Wow, now another question? Have you translated your names in Middle Earth languages? I love my Elvish name, though it's so long. I wondered how would yours sound.

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Mon Dec 16, 2002 6:03 pm

Hey, Star...

I watched the DVD and I got the accent thing. I was careful for the way of speaking also. God, this is freaking good thing (the longer the better, as I said) I can watch it for like whole day. Today I was speaking with this slight British accent, like the whole day and people were noticing, and it sounded strange to them. Crazy!

Oh, I'm also pretty mixed up with the name translations. I have such a long Elven name - Thaliondaliniel (hm, but I like it ) and also my hobbit name is Estella and I am Took! Took - a big family!

God, these days have been so hard, but here everybodu is like - so nice to me and you too. And I was kind of feeling quite quite bad, but if I can talk LOTR I'm getting better... The only other person that I can talk about this, I mean real talk, is this one guy, ...hm, but I prefer not to talk about him,
:(

Anyway thank you for replying me for so long, you're great!
:)

elwoodpsycho

Postby elwoodpsycho » Sun Dec 22, 2002 12:40 pm

Based on your answers, you are most like
Merry

You were also very much like
Samwise
Pippin

YAY! im a hobbit either way! lol.

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Dec 22, 2002 6:19 pm

elwoodpsycho wrote: Based on your answers, you are most like
Merry

Samwise
Pippin

YAY! im a hobbit either way! lol.

Wow, Merry is the smartest do you know that? He's a great hobbit, and really cunning also and does a lot of stuff for the community!

Congrats1

joshluvr
Advanced Member

Postby joshluvr » Sun Dec 22, 2002 11:46 pm

Gandalf

Legolas
Aragorn

im not a hobbit :( but on the bright side, iam a powerfull wizard, a smart (and hott) man, or a very skilled full (with the bow) elf. so i guess im not that bad :)

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sat Jan 11, 2003 7:51 pm

Really. Gandalf is a really powerful and wise man. I'm actually not sure of the origin of wizards. At least those we've seen here. They're supposed to be immortal, and like 7 or 8 thousand years old. And they canot oppose the evil directly or make anyone do it, they're just allowed to help people (men) fight it. They should use their power only for good. At least that's what I think I know about them. They're kind of organization, but we only know about 5.

Oh, that was a little o/t, but wizards have always been interesting to me, and I'm mad I know so little about them.

Orli

Postby Orli » Mon Jan 27, 2003 12:32 am

OH I love Barrow Downs! That place is soo cool.(well depending on who you ask!)

Legolas

Aragorn
Gandalf
Nope not hobbit but its all good!

Hobbit Name- Hilda Brown from Yale (if i were a boy my name would be... Meriadoc heheh)

Elvish Name-Mithmenelwen

If any of you haven't gone to this site chek it out! I can't rember how I found this but I have been "useing" it for bout 6 months its cool.)
Adios!

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:33 pm

Ah, you are Legolas. So Elvish personality. Are you pleased with it? Hobbits here.

I like the Barrow downs , too! :)

Return to “Elijah Wood”