I Have Just Watched Lord Of The Rings Part 1

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:48 pm

I liked it but it was waaaaaay too long. New Zealand looks A M A Z I N G. I believe the books are much better, I think I'll read them.

Don't intend to upset anyone but Elijah Wood scares the sh** out of me :freaked: He is SO freaky looking!!( to put it nicely)! At least, he is to me. Orlando Bloom looks like a teenie in it and to be honest the only <span style='color:RED'>hot</span> man is Aragon, mermaids.co.nz/Lotr.htmViggo Mortensen....no wonder, after all the time he spent in South America he could only but pick up the sexy Latin way of being hotter than hell :lickout:. As no one esle has claimed him, I declare the man to be mine :D

Anyway, sorry to those I upset, I thought I'd post my own thoughts cuz that's what MBs are for. You can ignore it and not reply, or insult me if you wish....either way I am not fussed :)

Peace

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Wed Dec 18, 2002 9:28 pm

hey L :hug: I'm not gonna hate on you...I can see how the movie might come off as broing if you've never read the books, but you should :)

I think Viggo is mega hot as well. He's got the whole "older man" sexy thing going on. But he's your's fine :blowkiss: tell him thanks for last night! :thumbup: :lol:

I am seeing TTT tomorrow cause I have to wait for mon pere....<_<

orleez#1babe

Postby orleez#1babe » Thu Dec 19, 2002 1:10 am

I am so frustrated because all the showtimes are all completely sold out till MONDAY. I could not get prepaid tickets, although i had tried 2WEEKS before the movie came out. :angry: God.

Pissed off in Seattle,
Milla

orleez#1babe

Postby orleez#1babe » Thu Dec 19, 2002 1:12 am

Oh, and yeah, Viggo is .... OOOHHHHHH, YYEEAAAHHHH. :wub:
But orli's the one for me. 'specially since viggo's married and also has a CHILD.

Milla

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Thu Dec 19, 2002 4:36 am

Thanks for not hating on me Genna :wub: you're star!.........still doesn't give you the right to f*ck my man though <_<

Went to see TTT last night, I thought it was better but the guys said it missed a lot of things from the book and even changed a few things. They loved it but prefer the first one. I really liked it, the three hours are less painful at teh cinema :lol:

Viggo is hotter than ever (but still mine) Orlando Bloom is ok, better than in the first one......and I love this creature (forgot teh name: gogom??) who wants his "precious" he reminds of Dobby in HP........I want one like this :lol:

Anway, if you're not a fan and thought number one was not great go to number 2, I think it was worth it. :)

Gisele
Supreme Member

Postby Gisele » Thu Dec 19, 2002 11:24 pm

I liked it but it was waaaaaay too long

Too much time to not too much story... ;)

:P :P :P

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:48 pm

laura l wrote:I love this creature (forgot teh name: gogom??) who wants his "precious" he reminds of Dobby in HP........I want one like this :lol:

Gollum aka smeagol :)

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sat Dec 21, 2002 7:21 am

YES! that's it, thanks babe, you're a star :hug:

I want a gollum......I want Smeagol for Xmas! :(

joshluvr
Advanced Member

Postby joshluvr » Sat Dec 21, 2002 3:58 pm

hey!! im new, well actually im always in josh hartnett, but no ones been in there for a while. i saw 2 towers last night, and i thought the 1st one was better. i was exspecting more out of the battle of helms deep. there were some boring parts, but 3 hrs is a lot less painfull in the theaters then at home. it was almost like you knew they werent going to distroy it in the 2nd one and you know there is going to be a 3rd movie unlike in the 1st one, i kept thinking they were going to make it to mordor. gollum is the coolest little guy, and gimly (spelling is wrong) the gnome is so funny. yes arogon is defanatly on my "hott old guys list"!!

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sat Dec 21, 2002 5:23 pm

Yeah, Genna is really nice!

For all who watched TTT - can you spill me some spoilers, casue I'm relly not seeing it soon (not coming here soon, so I can't). What I am mainly interested in is - are the changes really major, I mean how big is the difference with the book? Big enough to hurt a fantazy fan?

Thanks.

As for Gollum... Do you know Gollum is nominated in a special category at the Critics' awards called sort of Best CGI character or something and the other nominees are Yoda and Dobby. I think to create a special category this year just to give it to Gollum...that's ridiculous! Is his double personality really distinguished in the movie?

As for the guys in the movie - Viggo Mortensen is supposed to be great - he is the king! And the king is the central character. No one mentions hobbits then...

Love for the lovely girls
:)

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sun Dec 22, 2002 8:23 am

Don't worry about it I so much a gree with everything you said! But I hvae to admit I liked number two better for one simple reason: I haven't read teh books, so the first one was my introduction to the story and I was lost at times with the names especially, and the length of the film. When it came to number two, I was already acquainted to all that, it was much easier for me to follow the whole thing and it made it easier for me to really enjoy it.

I have to confess teh more I see Elijah, teh less ugly he looks. He's rather cute actually. As to Orlando, first time I saw him was in a mag....lovely brunette, the Legolas look doesn't suit him, I prefer the brown hair.....But all this doesn't matter, I love Lord Aragon.

Talking about Aragon, I found the moments of "love" with him and the elf or him and the blond soooooo cheesy, that was annoying. And the Legolas-Migli one-liners are great.......When he falls off the horse :lol::lol::lol:

PS: did you notice how, at some point, Legolas jumps on the horse in a very strange manner? I thought the special effects here were just amazing!!!

........man, am I becoming a fan??.......:unsure:

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Sun Dec 22, 2002 1:54 pm

whoa!! A lot to read there!!!

well thanks whoever said I'm nice! I'm not but?! :lol:

I agree with a lot of the things you, DWBI, said...the movie changed a lot about the book that I didn't quite like either. I didn't like how Faramir's intetntions were changed so drastically! <_< oh well...

I did notice that part w/ the horse L!! Everyone in my theater was like, "oooh" when he jumped on the horse backwards or something!? It was soooo cool! :thumbup:

omg L....I think you are :blink:.....:unsure:...:freaked:

:lol: WELCOME!! :wave:

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sun Dec 22, 2002 5:40 pm

Thanks for teh welcome my dear :kiss:

It feels good to chat with you about it so I'm fine with my new addiction :)

Yes, that thing with the horse was great. :thumbup:

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Dec 22, 2002 6:15 pm

Oh, thanks for the re-cap, Star!

So, they really changed it. Noooo! That was the One movie that I hoped will be real, but...hm, however if it is good, I'm ready to forgive. The point is that I'm a big fan of that genrebooks and I hate when they start doing them on the big screen. And on the other hand I'm from the film community and I'm such a geek that I really apreciate when they're doing real art, so I'm on both sides and I can't judge. Well, if they express nearly 75% of Tolkien's ideas, that's would be OK.

I almost cried when I got that they moved Shelob to ROTK. That moment was like my favourite moment of all LOTR, with Sam and everything in the end of TTT, and I think it's the perfect end, I don't know what they were possibly thinking. Is really no sign of Shelob? I'm like really mad at this, and also about what you said - Merry and Pippin with Treebeard - these were like one of my favourite scenes, and even Peter Jackson admitted they were cut out of TTT. And why exactly hobbits? But I'm ready to forget everything if Sam is well done...like you say. I just love Sam, he's a great hobbit, and if there is a lot of Sam/Frodo moments, that will kind of compensate...but still won't compensate the fact that Arwen is in so many shots, and she's not in the book at all, and some central characters like hobbits+ents are not that well presented. And I also love the character of Faramir, so if they mispresented him, that would be a tragedy.

Anyway, really, really thanks Star, that was a big preview and I hope to get what you meant when I see it. I suspect that the whole atmosphere and the music, and the movie itself will enchant me and I'm gonna close my eyes, but...I'm still angry about some of the changes, and I'm not gonna list them again... I just hope people don't get wrong the message that was in the book, cause there was a really important message, and that's it.

And I'm gonna point out once againthat for Tolkien hobbits are really important creatures being his own creation, so if they're OK, leave the other things.

And Genna, I said you wer nice, and I think I'm not mistaken! :lol:

Ok, that was a waaay too long so, I'm gonna thank you once again and leave, and wish love and luck to the LOTR fans!

B)
Moi

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Mon Dec 23, 2002 1:18 pm

:lol: L...It feels good to chat period!! :nod:

oh thanks Claire!! you're a sweetheart :hug:

Hey thanks..that really was a good article! :thumbup:

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Mon Dec 23, 2002 2:33 pm

It does Gen, I wish I had more time to discuss football matters with you girl! :(

Claire, forgive me, I am too lazy to read your post....I'll get back to it later ;)

Have a nice Xmas everyone.....I might not come back before some time.....you know, Parties, then exams..... :shrug:

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Mon Dec 23, 2002 5:56 pm

yea me too!! we'll get back to it when it's more suitable a time! (Don't forget..GERMANY 2006!! :yay:)

:lol: @ the laziness!!!

happy holidays to you too!! :wub: Have fun, party hard, talk to you soon! :hug:

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Mon Dec 23, 2002 6:11 pm

dont worry about it wrote: Claire, we get reference to Shelob in TTT; it's at the end of the movie, where Gollum is being a little bastard...her name isn't mentioned, and we don't see her, but those of us who have read the book know what he's talking about.

it just seemed to me like there was not enough Merry and Pippin. they were there, but not as much as i wanted. and they've really grown up in TTT. Dominic said they had to cut out a lot of their growing up because the movie was running on 4 hours with everything they had in (not just with Merry and Pippin); but i would have sat through a 4 hour movie. i would not have minded at all. make it a damn 5 hour movie, i'd still watch it. the score, the landscapes, the acting, the action, it's all worth it. but i guess that's the hollywood bastards for you.

oh, and i finally found out why Dominic had "TREES" written on his hands for the premieres. there's an interview on http://dominic.delicious-blue.org/index02.htmlLost and Blown Away with Dominic and Billy, and Dominic is talking about Greenpeace, and the Ents and trees and the enviroment. it's a good piece.

Well OK, I won't cry for Shelob that much, but I'm still angry about the other stuff... but it's a movie, and just a great movie, and I guess I'll be reading these in like 20 years, and they will remember the movie as classic, but the book will still be on shelves...I think.

God, Dominic and Billy! No comment, as you know how much I love the guys, I mean Dominic is an undescribable guy, and Billy- I can hardly understand his words when he talks! That accent.... Very much thanks for the interview, and I definitely love that he's really saving the trees. And the environment.
There couldn't be a better hobbits. I'm ready to discuss them 24/7 if you want. It's one of my favourite things.

And I totally agree with you, I could watch this for 4 hours or more.... if only there are more hobbits in it. I'm still the only one to think they're the most important characters. I guess I'm a freak. But you know, Elijah Wood said he loved the book The Hobbit, and that's really the book that concentrates on the fact how interesting hobbits are, and what important figure Bilbo is, and everything about them, so I guess he thinks the same way. (Well, he's a hobbit at the end)

Anyway, it's again becoming a way too long, so I'm gonna quit, otherwise no one is going to read my posts anymore. well, I hope someone does!
:)

orleez#1babe

Postby orleez#1babe » Tue Dec 24, 2002 11:48 pm

yeah, claire. do like me and cut down on the size, increase the quantity.(i do it for a reason though)

And i think that there should have been more of merry and pippin. it's not fair. seriously.

And me too: i'm ready to waste the most valuable time of my day sitting and watching lotr. Who wouldn't???
Hmmmmm? i don't care if it's 8 hours long!!!!!! :lol:

Feel free to respond,
Milla

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sat Dec 28, 2002 9:34 am

Yeah Gen! Germany will rock (hopefully) It'll be so close to home I HAVE to go to a match.....if Argentina gets there I swear on my newest sexy thong I will go!

Milla, I would mind 8h except if they give me a lot of sexy Aragorn, and lots of Legolas-Migli jokes.......and heaps of Smeagol :wub:

Hope all of you had a great Xmas.....I am sooooooo much looking forward to New Year's Eve Party/orgy!!!

:lol:

orleez#1babe

Postby orleez#1babe » Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:24 am

yeah, now that i am thinking about it, 8 hours does seem pretty extended. i was totally kidding about actually watching the 8 whole hours.

aahhhh... football i love it! oh and by the way, i'm not american. that's a reason i call it football, not soccer.
i am obsessed with football! i would gladly talk about it, but that's sort of ruining the porpose of this board. perhaps somewhere else.

milla

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:47 pm

:lol: :lol: football rocks!! You can go to the "other male athletes" board, your number of posts will increase seriously because the guys there are a good laugh!!

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Sun Dec 29, 2002 4:22 pm

thanx laura! i think i'll visit that place after this.

oh, and btw, viggo is still mine.

Milla

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sun Dec 29, 2002 5:28 pm

Damn, you girls always want my man.....Oliver Wood, Viggo, Orlando, Scott, Ivan........ <_< we gotta find a way to sort that out once and for all!

Oh! :idea:

:strong: :whip:

;) the prize goes to the fittest!

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Sun Dec 29, 2002 6:10 pm

that would be me, first place.

:nana: :strong:

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sun Dec 29, 2002 6:27 pm

:ignore: I'm a well trained fighter.........time will tell! :sprint: :strong: :strong:

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Sun Dec 29, 2002 9:00 pm

I felt bad for Gollum. In the movie, they lead you to believe he turns against Frodo because of his supposed betrayl. I am racking my brain trying to recall if it was like that in the book.

Elijah reminds me of Jesus in this book. I think its the eyes. Aragon can take me any day but my heart belongs to Legolas.

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Sun Dec 29, 2002 11:42 pm

oh yeah??? well i bet i can fight better than you! yes, time will tell.

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:28 pm

Helena wrote: Elijah reminds me of Jesus in this book.  I think its the eyes.

Totally. Now, when you said it I see it, you so damn right. It's in the eyes. And this ring is like sin - the sins of all evil that he should bear.
EW does the best acting. I can't believe he was just 19 when he did it. Overall in the movie a lot of characters do good acting (I mean actors) , but in his character it's easily seen.

Actually I must say I expected deeper interpretation of Aragorn. He is supposed to feel most of the pressure, cause he is the central character, and we're supposed to believe he's suffering a lot, even without the love factor. I never expected Frodo to do better, but it seems so to me. I don't know if I'm right!

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:31 pm

Milla wrote: oh yeah??? well i bet i can fight better than you! yes, time will tell.

Oh, I'm afraid Laura is a very good fighter... but also sure you can face her.
Actually, you can fight, and I'll watch. Just leave some guys for me at the end.

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Sat Jan 04, 2003 1:58 am

bring it on, honey. just try me.

oh, and your right about the jesus thing. this is a boy that should be treasured because there is not a lot of incredible talent like that. only once in a while do you see acting at such a young age with such a maturity to it. anyone with me???? viggo, ian, elijah, the hobbits, orlando, everyone! did such a good job. they had perfect casting.

i am soooo ready to fight. don't doubt me. i can still fight like that incident in 9th grade... yes i remember it so well. damn, i can fight good. verbally and physically.

lostsoflove,
milla

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sat Jan 04, 2003 2:50 pm

Yes, he's probably very mature inside. He makes Frodo easier to understand, and he is such a complicated character. I was just amazed - how he does it? I mean at that age. Bravo!

And you won't fight me, Milla, right? I'm totally OK to share the guys with you! Cause I'm not a very well trained fighter. I was talking about Laura.

Moi B)

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sun Jan 05, 2003 10:49 am

:lol: I won' fight you because you didn't kick the sh** out of me for being a non-Leo fan!

Love you girls :blowkiss: I will share, I love so many boys I can't use him all the time so I'll send him to you ;)

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Jan 05, 2003 1:50 pm

laura l wrote: :lol: I won' fight you because you didn't kick the sh** out of me for being a non-Leo fan!

Love you girls :blowkiss: I will share, I love so many boys I can't use him all the time so I'll send him to you ;)

Oh, Laura that's sweet! Very much thanks. So I'm not into any fight.

And thanks for sharing! The guys I mean

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:19 pm

And thanks for sharing! The guys I mean

:lol: Enjoy it while it lasts, it doesn't happen everyday ***starts regretting it***

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:39 pm

laura l wrote: ***starts regretting it***

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sun Jan 05, 2003 9:06 pm

<_<

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Mon Jan 06, 2003 3:23 am

Don't worry Laura. I'm only interested in hobbits, so this wouldn't interefere with your tastes, right? Just haven't seen them on your list. No one seems to have taken them actually. I'll be the first then.

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Mon Jan 06, 2003 7:20 am

yeah, I'm more into elves, so I guess for once we won't be rivals :handshake:

..........but maybe I should pretend to be interested just to bother her :thinking:

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Mon Jan 06, 2003 3:39 pm

laura l wrote:
..........but maybe I should pretend to be interested just to bother her :thinking:

Nooo! Should I put a label saying "private property"? :unsure:

heloise
Supreme Member

Postby heloise » Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:26 pm

how many board do u squat ???? ;)

i saw u on all the board.....i'll begin jalous :cry:...so i'll squt with u....no just kidding...i never saw his movie and i saw him only in one movie (or just in the interview ;) ..don't remember) but anyway....laura is selfish so if she love one guy, she wants him just for her....don't give u boy claire..she has lots other one her pocket.....gourgandine va !

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:31 pm

heloise wrote: how many board do u squat ???? ;)

Moi?

Well I'm trying to cover as much as I can... but it's quite impossible

heloise
Supreme Member

Postby heloise » Mon Jan 06, 2003 4:37 pm

u and laura !!

i'm sure it's possible !! :lol: but u never go to gisele 's board !!! ;)
do u know all the peole u visite ?? me not ! :rolleyes: ..ok a little knwo them :D

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Mon Jan 06, 2003 5:36 pm

well of course I know them! I mean, how else am I gonna post the info if I'm not acquainted with the person!

heloise
Supreme Member

Postby heloise » Mon Jan 06, 2003 5:40 pm

do as me.....don't post news ! :lol:

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Mon Jan 06, 2003 5:55 pm

Well, especially here there is no need, cause our Mr.Wood and the hobbit gang are one of my majors...

Laura, you don't want to take them, right? ;)

heloise
Supreme Member

Postby heloise » Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:35 am

take what ??? i don't follow.... :(

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Tue Jan 07, 2003 6:32 pm

The hobbits Liz, the ones from LOTR that we're talking about! As soon as this is the Elijah Wood board! :lol:

PervyHobbitFancier
Advanced Member

Postby PervyHobbitFancier » Thu Jan 09, 2003 1:08 am

laura l wrote:

Don't intend to upset anyone but Elijah Wood scares the sh** out of me :freaked: He is SO freaky looking!!( to put it nicely)!
to be honest the only <span style='color:RED'>hot</span> man is Aragon, mermaids.co.nz/Lotr.htmViggo Mortensen....no wonder, after all the time he spent in South America he could only but pick up the sexy Latin way of being hotter than hell :lickout:. As no one esle has claimed him, I declare the man to be mine :D

[QUOTE]
ok, viggo is hott, but...my mother called hima 'stud muffin' and said how hott it would be if he rode a harley, :blink: and all this stuff....so....he's not as hott to me anymore.

Elijah wood is freaking scary looking! i mean, yeah he looks good, but i HATE :angry: his eyes! they make me want to run away screaming and crying.

heloise
Supreme Member

Postby heloise » Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:45 pm

Claire wrote: The hobbits Liz, the ones from LOTR that we're talking about! As soon as this is the Elijah Wood board! :lol:

ok i watch lord ... and i coem back here, i think it's better ! :lol: :lol:

Return to “Elijah Wood”