Best Frodo moments

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sat Dec 21, 2002 5:41 pm

What are your favourite moments with the hobbit Frodo (played by Mr.Wood), with him, with Sam or the others?

Ok, list some of the shots that you'll really remember and remember like forever... from the LOTR movies. Personally I think hobbits have amazing quotes, though my favourite scenes are form the book and some of them weren't at the movies.

<_<

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Sun Dec 22, 2002 2:00 pm

yah..those are good parts...

My faveorite hobbits parts are some that were only in the extended edition but oh well:

1) at bilbo's birthday...the whole time they are just sooo funny espc. merry and pip!

2) when they are traveling with "strider" (akak aragorn) and they are talking about all the different lunches, brunches, suppers and dinners :lol:

3) when they are at the prancing pony (I'm back-tracking here, just stay with me) and Merry's like "what's that?" and pippin goes, "it's a pint!" and merry is like, "they come in pints!!??" :rofl:

4) this one is from the extended dvd where Legolas is taking to merry and pip right before they are about to leave Gladerials and he goes, "mmm, masa bread...even the smallest nibble can fill a grown man's stomach." and he walks away and merry goes (to pip) "how many have you had?" and pippin says, "four" and them he lets out this big moan!! :rofl: it's sooo funny

yeah, so that's all the ones I can think of from the fellowship.

as for the TTT, I haven't really seen it enough yet to make that conclusion! :)

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sun Dec 22, 2002 5:38 pm

I love the VERY beginning of the first part. When he is sitting under a tree and runs to the wizard.....cuz I didn't know about hobbits or anything and I thought it was a little boy and the colourfull landscape and all that....it was pretty

In teh second, I love teh two hobbits and the tree.....wish we had had more of that.

My fave moments are Legolas-Dwarf and Lord Aragon :wub:

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Dec 22, 2002 6:34 pm

Oh, yes, Genna, Bilbo's birthday - Sam and Frodo! Wondering why all great hobbit moments were NOT in the theatre version, but cut out, hm, not great enough for the mass probably?

And I also love the end of the Fellowship, when Frodo says to sam not to follow him, and Sam does, and how they pass together.

I very much love one moment from the book, it hasn't ben shot at all, and I don't know if somebody remebers it, it's from the very beginning of the Fellowship, when the hobbits went to the house Frodo had bought in order to make the others believe he was staying at the Shire, and when they got there and sat down to dinner, and exactly when Frodo was wondering how to tell them that he is leaving the Shire, Merry said he knew everything, about the Ring, and about Frodo leaving and that he and Pippin had a plan not to leave him alone. And Frodo was astounded, he could't say aword, and especially when they said that Sam had been spying for them - that was hilarious! :lol: Like Frodo neve expected his friends to be that great!
Anyway I don't know if anybody remembers it, but I love it. And all that small moments that show their greatness...

And I very soon hope to have memorable moments from the movie TTT...

B)

joshluvr
Advanced Member

Postby joshluvr » Sun Dec 22, 2002 11:33 pm

in ttt, gimliy is just funny as hell! i love when logolas, aragon and gimily are running and gimily is so far behind and he says, keep breathing, the trick is to keep breathing!! and also at the battle of helms deep when the cant see, he's all couldnt you have picked a better spot?? he had some good comidic timing in the second one. do any of you know how tall he is in real life?? he dosnt really look like a midget, cuz usualy midgets have stubby limbs and hardly any neck. i know they use computers to make the hobbits look smaller. there were some really good graphics. its really cool how the hobbits look like they are really small, ex: in part 1, when gandalf was in bilbo's house and when frodo was in the cart with gandalf. in the 2nd part when merry and pippin were escaping they ran right under a horse! its amazing how advanced technology is! alright, im done! buh bye

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Mon Dec 23, 2002 1:23 pm

yeah Gimly was the comic relief this time around! :nod:

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Mon Dec 23, 2002 2:28 pm

do any of you know how tall he is in real life??

I don't know exactly, but my flatmate told mre he saw Rhys-Davies in Indiana Jones and he was over 6ft!!!!

I loved when he falls off the horse before the attack with the strange guys on the strange beasts.....he falls down and says "iit's ok, I am ok....that was intentional!" :rofl:

It was nice to have some Legolas/Gimli jokes during teh battle.....it made it easier. I love when tehy count the number of men they kill!!

orleez#1babe

Postby orleez#1babe » Thu Dec 26, 2002 2:36 am

I'm out of ideas now that i came so late...everybody already took all of my favourite moments. i agree with all of you... especially laura. can't stop thinking about aragorn honey and the lovely legolas.
and yep, the legolas-gimli jokes brought some light into the dark-filled plot.

i just thought about what movies i am going to see after lotr! what can compare to this epic-like novel???

Milla

orleez#1babe

Postby orleez#1babe » Thu Dec 26, 2002 2:38 am

and i also heard that they had them kneel on their knees or shoot from the top with the gandalf scenes and stuff. just thinking aloud.

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Thu Dec 26, 2002 1:33 pm

laura l wrote: I love when tehy count the number of men they kill!!

yeah, this is one thing I really remember exactly from the books...soo funny :lol:

orleez#1babe

Postby orleez#1babe » Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:57 am

i agree

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sat Dec 28, 2002 9:23 am

You know what? I'm back in France and I read the top 5 films and LOTR does'nt make it!!!!! :o

orleez#1babe

Postby orleez#1babe » Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:37 am

WWWHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTT????????????!!!!!!!!!!
How can it not make it???
post the list!

Milla

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:18 pm

I don't know, it was a magasine, I don't have a link I'll try to find one for ya :)

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Sun Dec 29, 2002 4:24 pm

thanx, deary.
:blowkiss:

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Mon Dec 30, 2002 2:38 pm

Werid, I thought that it was. Saw something about it on TV last night. Though that could have been for the year 2001

joshluvr
Advanced Member

Postby joshluvr » Thu Jan 02, 2003 11:15 am

i was looking in the news paper, and it had the top 10 movies (like that made the most money) and ttt was #7!! :shocked: but then again, it's only been out for like 2 weeks, and my big fat greek wedding has been in the theatres sence like march, so it got like number 2. spiderman was one.

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sat Jan 11, 2003 6:05 pm

OK, I finally watched TTT(after two weeks of torture, during which I was waiting for when I'm gonna watch)

and I must agree on the "They are here" moment and the moment when Sam mentioned about telling stories. Oh, yes, they will tell stories about "Samwise the Brave", definitely. Samwise is the best. The Nazguls just top this moment with a very little.

You just seem to have the same favourite moments!

Oh, and plus the moment when he was looking at the dead faces - that was breathetaking.

I must say, and I don't want this opinion to be taken as general or someone to be abused by it,
but I think that Frodo was the best thing about this movie. I mean The Two Towers. Many of my expectations were not fulfilled (probably because of the changes?) and I don't mean to underestimate the other thingsabout it, but Sam and Frodo were just the most expressive characters, they just drew the maximum that they could from their characters - Sean Asten and Elijah Wood. Of course the others were great, I don't want to say all names it would be a long list, but don't you think that they looked kind of most comfortable with their characters?

Tell me what do you think on that.

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sat Jan 11, 2003 6:11 pm

And about the Fellowship of the Ring:

I should say (because I want to, I'm sorry) that no one seemed to have noticed - and probably only those who have watched the extended version should have noticed - this tiny little moment that I love.

Except of course the end (Samwise is my hero) - the end tops all.

But I was talking about Bilbo's birthday, back at the beginning, when Sam and Frodo were staring at Rosie dancing. Do you remember the glimpse we had at Rosie? And the way they were watching her... and the fact that she was blonde! :o

Tell me if this moment appeals to you! :)

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sat Jan 11, 2003 9:24 pm

Oh, yeah, it seemed kind of short to me. Probably because we know the last chapters from TTT, cause we've read and here these were just cut out. The last chapters. The scene where they explain about the palantir and Pippin gets hold of it (interesting scene, probably for ROTK?)

It is definitely SamWISE, he's got it inside him, the inner hobbit thing. For me he resembles the young Bilbo. I respect Bilbo a lot. He also didn't know that he has this inner bravery and wisdom, but he handled situations quite well. As Sam does. I don't know how this came to my mind.

The sam/Frodo relationship is getting really deeper. They're greater friends now, I think. And at all Frodo never thought of him as his gardner, Sam was part of the family. I agree with you - on the way Gollum influences this situation.

Merry and Pippin! Calling for these scenes! Well, Peter Jackson said that the scenes cut from this movie (TTT) which they are gonna put on the DVD edition were exactly their scenes with Treebeard... hm, isn't this getting kind of...And Sean Asten said that there is material for about 5 hours movie! Give it here!

And note - I think Pippin looked really kind of shining in this movie. Like a little angel or something. Or it was too much light on his face. Maybe from the fact that he is the youngest hobbit and he has only innocent thoughts on his mind? :lol: Sweetheart.

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Jan 12, 2003 1:45 pm

Plus the scene that I forgot - "I am Sam, your Sam, don't you recognise me?" Isn't this the first time when he called him Frodo, instead of Mr. Frodo?

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Jan 12, 2003 6:57 pm

dont worry about it wrote: i think that was the first time he called him Frodo...that whole part made me ball. it was just...damn.

Oh, yes...It was heartbreaking. It totally made my heart run faster. Sam was so wonderful. This scene just taped itself into my mind. Both Elijah Wood and Sean Asten were so amazing that I don't think I would forget it soon. They already received my trophy of Best Performers in The Two Towers, so I don't think there can be further comment...

Pippin grow... and Merry, too... that would have been such a funny moment. And besides they would need strength for the upcoming battles! Where they would ride horses and do swordfighting! Yes! *waiting impatiently*

I wonder how they can top the FotR DVD, which was the most amazing DVD which I've seen. Probably with a longer movie? (Answer"Yes)

God, I wonder about the ROTK already... what is gonna be in and what out... and I'm waiting for some scenes so much...

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Mon Jan 13, 2003 3:10 am

Claire wrote: don't you think that they looked kind of most comfortable with their characters?

Tell me what do you think on that.

Totally agree, and congrats!!! you finally watched it!

I have to say, that the moments in the forest were not properly included in the whole story. I'm not sure what I'm saying is clear, what I mean is that there was the story going on with all the others, and then all of a sudden you'd be in the forest, talking about different things, unaware of what the others were doing, then back to the others, then back to long discussions beteween teh tree and the hobbits, then out again.......do you see what I mean? :confused:

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Mon Jan 13, 2003 2:11 pm

Thanks L!

Yep, I watched it, but I need to watch again, cause I still haven't perceived it fully. Which means I haven't learn it by heart :lol: No, kidding, I really need to go some more times.

I'm glad that you liked the Sam/Frodo scenes, everyone knows these are my favourites! So, I'm kinda flattered when someone says they loved their performance. I must also tell you that that scenes with the ents, were really omportant, because how else were we going do see Isengard destroyed? I mean the ents were very important characters and although they are really slow (in talking and deciding!) they are very wise and brave. Interesting race. And merry and pippin had to have more shots but they were cut out. Which is really sad, cause hobbits are extremely funny and amazing, esp. pour moi. And they are important, you're gonna see at the end of the book...ops, the movie I meant. I hope they don't cut out these parts, too. And they are funny, in TTT seemed like only Gimly adds some comedic flavour to all this, but hobbits are also one of the funnies creatures (Check:The Hobbit). I mean in The Hobbit Tolkien kind of impied the importance of Bilbo and most of the features of these little people. I'm sure you'll love it, it's not that dramatic as LOTR.

Ooh, I'm long again. I think no one is gonna read in the end. So - see you everyone!

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:01 pm

No, i think it's a shame that I still don't know the lines! I mean I watched one time only (yet) that's why! :lol:

You are so right, if we comment more that would just spoil everything we already experienced and would make it look smaller. The guys did great, I hope I haven't put a really big emphasis on the hobbits' performance, I usually do it. It's just that I feel that they're kind of not well presented in the movie. They needed some background, people don't know them well. I mean the ones that haven't watched the DVD. I would love Rosie in the theatrical version, for example. That would put a romantic light on the character of Sam, and make the people think that he realy suffers for the ones he left at home nad for the land. And the same is with the other three.

All the guys were really in character, I wondered how. They were like really the ones that they played. I would say once again that I haven't put that emphasis with some purpose, I was just pointing.

Not to mention about the cast - great boys! All really well chosen and making a good group. I love what Dominic once said - that they were all related in a past life and were bound to meet at this one. I believe in this. Their group is so strange - they're all from different countries and different ages, but they still understand ech other. And you're right - they're funny. Especially Billy - he's a real hobbit sometimes. Pity that sean Astin is so married and can't hang out with them all the time.

God, I'm long again... this way I can never post too much on one night - no time! :(

joshluvr
Advanced Member

Postby joshluvr » Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:21 pm

i didnt read the last couple of replys (to long) but i loved when sam said: want some 'taters. and gollum goes"taters?? and sam says: PO-TA-TOS!! hahaha!!

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:56 pm

Well, you are right, I actually posted a really long reply the last time (see above) and also the past few times, but when I start talking about it, I just can't stop. Hell. don't read all! :)

I agree on the potatoes moment. Sam is great everywhere isn't he? And especially when he cooks for Frodo. Well, when he cooks for himself also. Do you think Sam would cook for the whole family when he gets married? :thinking:

PervyHobbitFancier
Advanced Member

Postby PervyHobbitFancier » Sat Jan 18, 2003 7:03 pm

probably, but my favorite part is when Smegal(i think thats how you spell it) finds those rabbits, and sam's all like, your gonna kill mr.frodo and stuff, and then he cooks them and smegal is all rollin on the ground calling sam stupid and fat,
and when gimli is all shorter than the wall in helms deep, and hes like' you could have picked a better spot' and legolas is like, 'shall i get you a box?' and when aragorn has to throw gimli to the other side of the stone thing and he's like, 'just dont tell the elf'.

ahh, good times, good times.

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sat Jan 18, 2003 7:43 pm

Yep, maybe all of my past replies concern hobbits too much, but actually the thread is about that! :) Sorry anyway.

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sat Jan 18, 2003 9:24 pm

:lol: come on......who cares, topics always drift towards other topics, that's teh normal pattern of a conversation isn't it? Go on about whatever you like Claire B)

who's complaining anyway? :lol:

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Fri Jan 24, 2003 5:24 pm

Oh, L., just don't tell me hobbits are your newest addiction ... :lol: I mean don't we all know how you fight?

Orli

Postby Orli » Mon Jan 27, 2003 12:08 am

Here are some of my favorite lines in TTT. Yeah I know I got kinda carried away. Sorry.It is just so easy to cut ans paste. So enjoy!(agin sorry it is sooooo long!!) :rolleyes:

Gimli:
I'm wasted on cross-country. We dwarves are natural sprinters. Very dangerous we are over short distances

[The Tree scoops up Merry.]
Treebeard:
Little Orcs!
Pippin:
It's talking Merry. The tree is talking.
Treebeard:
Tree? I am no tree! I am an Ent.
Merry:
Treeherder! Shepherd of the forest.
Pippin:
Don't talk to it Merry. Don't encourage it.
Treebeard:
Treebeard some call me.
Pippin:
And whose side are you on?
Treebeard:
Side? I am on nobody's side. Because nobody is on my side, little Orc. Nobody cares for the woods anymore.
Merry:
We are not Orcs. We are Hobbits!
Treebeard:
Hobbits? Never heard of a Hobbit before. Sounds like Orc mischief to me. They come with fire, they come with axes. Biting, breaking, hacking, burning. Destroyers and usurpers. Curse them!
Merry:
No! You don't understand. We are Hobbits, halflings. Shirefolk

(HHAHA MY Favorite!)
Gollum is off by himself at night.]
Gollum:
We wants it, we needs it. Must have the Preciousss. They stole it from us. Sneaky little hobbitses. Wicked, tricksy, filthsss!
Sméagol:
"No! No! Master!"
Gollum:
Yess. Preciousss first. They will cheat you, hurt you, lie!
Sméagol:
Master's my friend.
Gollum:
You don't have any friends. Nobody likes you.
Sméagol:
Not listening. Not listening.
Gollum:
You´re a liar, and a thief.
Sméagol:
No.
Gollum:
Murderer!
Sméagol:
Go away.
Gollum:
Go away?! Ahahhaa!
Sméagol:
I hate you, I hate you.
Gollum:
Where would you be without me? Gollum. Gollum. I saved us. It was me. We survived because of me.
Sméagol:
Not anymore.
Gollum:
What did you say?
Sméagol:
Master looks after us now. We don't need you.
Gollum:
What?
Sméagol:
Leave now and never come back.
Gollum:
No!
Sméagol:
Leave now and never come back!
Gollum:
Ahh!
Sméagol:
LEAVE NOW AND NEVER COME BACK!

Sméagol:
Argh!! Whats he doing! Stupid fat hobbit. You ruins it!

Gimli:
It's true you don't see many dwarf women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, they are often mistaken for dwarf men.
Aragorn:
It's the beards.
Gimli:
And this in turn has given rise to the belief that there are no dwarf women. And the dwarves just, spring out of holes in the ground! Which is of course ridiculous. Whoa!
[Gimli falls from his horse.]
It's alright! It's alright. Nobody panic. That was deliberate. It was deliberate

Aragorn enters Helm's Deep.]
Gimli:
Where is he! Where is he! Get out of my way! I'm gonna kill him! You are the the luckiest, the cunningest, and most reckless man I ever knew! Bless you, laddie!
Aragorn:
Gimli, where is the king?

[Aragorn encounter Legolas.]
Legolas:
Le ab-dollen. [Translation: "You’re late."]
You look terrible.

[From a distance, Èowyn watches them talk, and moves as though meaning to join them. But she stops, when Legolas takes out the Evenstar, and returns it to Aragorn.]
Aragorn:
Hannon le.
[Translation: "Thank you."]

Aragorn:
Farmers, farriers, stable boys. These are no soldiers.
Gimli:
Most have seen too many winters.
Legolas:
Or too few. Look at them. They’re frightened. I can see it in their eyes.
Boe a hyn: neled herain dan caer menig.
[Translation: "And they should be. 300 against 10 000."]
Aragorn:
Si beriathar hýn ammaeg nâ ned Edoras.
[Translation: "They have a better chance defending themselves here than in Edoras."]
Legolas:
Aragorn, nedin dagor hen ú-'erir otheri. Natha daged dhaer.
[Translation: "They cannot win this fight. They are all going to die!"]
Aragorn:
Then I shall die as one them!

[Aragorn exits.]
Gimli:
[To Legolas]: Let him go, lad. Let him be.

Legolas:
We have trusted you this far and you have not led us astray. Forgive me. I was wrong to despair.
Aragorn:
Ú-moe edhored, Legolas.
[Translation: "There is nothing to forgive, Legolas."]

(heheheh)
Gimli:
[Impatiently]: What’s happening out there?
Legolas:
[Smiling] Shall I describe it to you? Or would you like me to find you a box?

Gimli:
Legolas, two already!
Legolas:
I’m on seventeen!
Gimli:
Arg! I’ll have no pointy-ear outscoring me!
Legolas:
Nineteen!

Pippin:
Maybe Treebeard’s right. We don’t belong here, Merry. It’s too big for us. What can we do in the end? We’ve got the Shire. Maybe we should go home.
Merry:
The fires of Isengard will spread. And the woods of Tuckburough and Buckland will burn. And all that was once green and good in this world will be gone. There won’t be a Shire, Pippin.

(Ths is very funny if you remeber that Gimli told Legolas on the first movie "Nobdy tossed a Dwarf")
Gimli:
Come on. We can take them!
Aragorn:
It’s a long way.
Gimli:
Toss me.
Aragorn:
What?
Gimli:
I cannot jump the distance so you have to toss me. Ehh.. Don’t tell the elf.
Aragorn:
Not a word.

Frodo:
I can’t do this, Sam.
Sam:
I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t even be here. But we are. It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened.

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:45 pm

OMG, how much of the movie do you know by heart? :o

Ah, there is a lot of hobbit lines, so I'm pleased. Without that they were in like 40% of this movie - total cut out!

Orli

Postby Orli » Mon Jan 27, 2003 8:12 pm

Whoa! You got it all wrong! I don't have all thoes lines memerized(Ha! Like I could... well I could but...) I just looked the script up on the web and cut and pasted. I didn't even type them. Whoa I don't want peopel thinking I'm some freak taht has nothing better to do with her time then to memerized 1/2 of a movie. hehehehe. I just got a tad bit carried away.hehehe But I love the hobbits they are soooo funny! I'm glad taht they made Legolas funnier because that is how he is supposed to be, well more clever and he is singing and stuff, nothing like the Legolas in FotR. Well thats it. Bye!
Adios!!! :D :blink: <_<

anetteke

Postby anetteke » Wed Jan 29, 2003 11:59 am

Frodo and Sam are once again in the wilderness, led by Gollum.]
Sam:
I wonder if we’ll ever be put into songs or tales.
Frodo:
What?
Sam:
I wonder if people will ever say, ‘let’s hear about Frodo and the Ring.’
And they’ll say, ‘yes, that’s one of my favorite stories. Frodo was really courageous, wasn’t he, dad.’
‘Yes, my boy, the most famousest of hobbits. And that’s saying alot.’

Frodo:
‘You left out one of the chief characters. Samwise the Brave. I want to hear more about Sam. Frodo wouldn’t have got far without Sam.’

Sam:
Now Mr. Frodo, you shouldn’t make fun. I was being serious.

Frodo:
So was I.

Sam:
Samwise the Brave.

:D thats my favourite part of LOTR =)

well this is one of my favourites part to but its with Aragorn and Èowyn.... :D

[Èowyn opens a chest to reveal a sword. She swings it around and is parried by Aragorn.]

Aragorn:
You have some skill with a blade.

Èowyn:
Women of this country learned long ago that those without swords may still die upon them. I fear neither death nor pain.

Aragorn:
What do you fear my lady?

Èowyn:
A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them. And all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire.

Aragorn:
You are a daughter of kings. A shieldmaiden of Rohan. I do not think that will be your fate.

that a very cool one to

and one more or two

[At Rivendell:]
ELROND:
Arwen. Tollen i lû. I chair gwannar na Valannor. Si bado, no círar.
[Translation: "Arwen. It is time. The ships are leaving for Valinor. Go now before it is too late."]

Arwen:
I've made my choice.

ELROND:
He is not coming back. Why do you linger when there is no hope?"

Arwen:
There is still hope.

ELROND:
If Aragorn survives this war, You will still be parted. If Sauron is defeated and Aragorn made king and all that you hoped for comes true... you will still have to taste the bitterness of mortality. Whether by the sword or the slow decay of time, Aragorn will die. And there will be no comfort for you.
No comfort to ease the pain of his passing. He will come to death. An image of the splendor of the kings of men in glory, undimmed before the breaking of the world. But you, my daughter, you will linger on in darkness and in doubt. As night falling winter has come without a star. Here you will dwell, bound to you grief, under the fading trees, until all the world has changed and the long years of your life are utterly spent. Arwen... there is nothing for you here, only death.
A im, ú-'erin veleth lîn?
[Translation: "Do I not also have your love?"

Arwen
Gerich meleth nîn, ada.
[Translation: "You have my love father."]

one more :P

[Frodo comes to his senses.]

Frodo:
I can’t do this, Sam.

Sam:
I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t even be here. But we are. It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened.

[Aragorn and Èowyn embrace as Rohan is victorious at Helm's Deep.]

Sam:
But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.

[The sun shines on Isengard, as Merry, Pippin, and the Ents celebrate victory.]

Sam:
Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something. Even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn’t. Because they were holding on to something.

Frodo:
What are we holding on to, Sam?

Sam:
That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.

Faramir:
I think at last we understand one another, Frodo Baggins.
Manathor
You know the laws of our country. The laws of your father. If you let them go, your life will be forfeit.
Faramir:
Then it is forfeit. Release them.

well these are my favourite parts of TTT :P

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Fri Jan 31, 2003 5:15 pm

Oh, you copied them! God, I thought you know them, I just freaked out for a moment - how can a person have such a memory! I remember the scenes for example but each line - it's impossible! :)

Orli

Postby Orli » Sat Feb 01, 2003 4:31 pm

:blink: Yeah, I copied them, whoa if i had that great of a memory school would be so much easier. Yeah I have a LOTR binder with pics and stuff like that, and i have the scripts of both movies in them.(im not obsessed its just a hobby) yeah so i went to this site and just coped and pasted, really really easy. :lol: If i had thoes memerized by heart do you know how many times i would have had to see the movie? Like 50 or something. I'm good at memerizing things but not that good.lol
Adios

Return to “Elijah Wood”