Question...?

arwens_rivendell

Postby arwens_rivendell » Sun Feb 02, 2003 12:08 am

Is it better to read the book first then watch the movie...I dont know really. Coz the book is more detailed and stuf but.....? :blink:

Dark_Angel

Postby Dark_Angel » Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:32 am

I was half way through reading the book before I seen the film and I think that it did matter because I kept saying, "that wasnt in the book"

I prefer the books so much because it is a lot more detalied. I know that they had to cu bits out but I dunno it explains alot more in the book. I think that Elijah Wood plays a brilliant Frodo, but I thibk that in the book Legolas is a lot more stuck up than he is in the film.

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:05 pm

Of course. The books are totally different. Not only as dialogue and scenes, they also differ in the message a little.

The movie is adapted. It is more for the crowd, and the books are more philosophycal, I mean hard to read for beginners in the world of fantazy. If you don't like that gene you won't enjoy them. They have an universal message.

Dark_Angel

Postby Dark_Angel » Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:09 am

I know that its just that I find it hard to follow the films when I'm half way through the book.

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Fri Feb 07, 2003 5:30 pm

You are halfway through the book? I don't get it.

Dark_Angel

Postby Dark_Angel » Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:36 am

I started reading the book and only got halfway through it then I seen the film and have never had time to finish reading it what with college and all.

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:58 pm

being myself, i would never be able to stop halfway. it was too good of a book.

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Feb 09, 2003 3:59 pm

Yep! :D It was like three days time here! (reading it) But I'm always that fast!

arwenofrivendell

Postby arwenofrivendell » Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:30 pm

three days?! it took me 2 weeks....in the summer! And I loved the books...I'm a sort of fast reader, but i slowed down with those to take in its depth more..plus, I'm only 13, if it makes a difference...

Dark_Angel

Postby Dark_Angel » Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:48 am

Ok then but with me being at college and having loads of work to do then I dont have the time to sit and read but I'm gonna finish it ASAP

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:50 pm

hey, arwenofrivendell! good job on those books! it took me like, what, 4 weeks to finish the books? and you succeded in half the time! but, i think i can get an exception because i was analyzing every frickin detail there is, and stopped every few pages to soak in what happened, and try to squeeze the most out of the book that my mind can do. wooh! you're smart!

btw......how old are you?

Orli

Postby Orli » Wed Feb 12, 2003 6:57 pm

I couldn't put the books down I finished them all (FORT,TTT,RotK) i a week and a half. Whewwww speed reader!!lol I liked the books better, expecialy TTT, in the movie they ddddrrrrrrraaageeeed Helms Deep out. i mean it has only one chapter in the book and its like 40 fricken minuets long in the movie. Anyways I love the books im working on the Sil but this is a little bit harder reading, to many long elvish names!

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Fri Feb 14, 2003 6:16 pm

Oh, it was three days only the first time. The times when I was re-reading it was slower - for best assililating! ;) The first time you're just so eager to know what happens next... especially with Frodo after TTT, you know. Then you read again and again and notice even the smallest details!

Hey, - the girl who reads a lot - that is you right? Read the Silmarillion, it's useful to know why the dwarfs and the elves are hostile agains each other! And of course - it's full of elvish heroes! Mmm...

Orli

Postby Orli » Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:20 pm

huh? Me were you talking to me. ( wow so far at this site people have called me: the girl who reads alot, girl who typed alot, girl who cant spell.) Yeah so the Sil was soooo cool! Im working now on the unfinshed tales. the yare soo sweet man Tolkien was a really cool person. to mke up all of this.

Dark_Angel

Postby Dark_Angel » Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:52 am

In the book Helms deep did not have that many ELVES there I'm sorry I love the Elves and all and I think that they are SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Cool but they were not there.

I kinda know why the Elvews and Dwarves are hostile to each other through a game I play called Warhammer. The Elves are the best race.

Orli

Postby Orli » Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:49 pm

Err yeah i know! Trees evil cool trees come instead of elves. I loved Helems Deep in the movie, now that i read the books more closely, the movie kinda sucked, the messed alot of things up that would have been so much cooler if they had left them and the characters would have been cooler too. It maked me mad when they do stuff like that, mess it up so much. :angry:

Return to “Elijah Wood”