Lotr: The Return Of The King

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:06 am

As we all know the Lord Of The Ring trillogy has been one of the biggest 3 peice movies ever.

The Lord OF The Rings trillogy has seemed to gain popularity since it started.

Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring hit the box office is huge fashion! People raving about it, it was acutally quite a buzz. Hitting 12th spot on the All Time Box Office (AMERICA) WITH $314,776,170.

Next to come was the long awaited, Lord Of Te Rings: Two Towers seemed more popular then the prequel, grossing an amazing $341,748,130 and becoming the 7th highest grossing movie, in ALL TIME BOX OFFICE (America).

And now! Lord Of The Rings: The Resturn Of The King the latest release and final installment. After 3 weeks at the box office, Return Of The King has grossed a whopping $296,894,000 in only 3 weeks.

Return Of The King is well on its way to becomming the best grossing LOTR movie.

What do yous think? I reckon it will be th ebiggest grossing LOTR movie for sure!

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:31 pm

It's really big. I think we are witnessing quite an event those years. It definitely will rise the level very much for all other films to come in the next years.

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:51 pm

I agree Claire, as weve seen some top movies in 2003 like Finding Nemo hitting in the top 10 of the biggest money making movies, it was no doubitly the surprise movie of the year, but LOTR: The Return Of The King will definately be the top movie of 2003-2004.

Like im not much of a LOTR fan, I actually hated the movies for some reason they didnt appeal to me. But i defitnately have to congradulate the producers director and actors with it, as it is the biggest movie event of the past years. The movies have been stand out, and acknoleged by the critics and the fans, youve got to admit a movie series with A-, A, A- as an average on Yahoo Movie Critics has to be something special, also the fans voted it A, A-, A which is just brilliant to see that everyone really does like it. :D

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:03 pm

It's really overwhelming. I like what they said about it - that after 50 years the effets and battles will look ancient, but the feeling will stay. I think there was a lot of development in the movie of some of the ideas in the book and also some new translations of it, so there was also a lot of creativity and I pleased not only by the masterful screen presentation.

Ah, Nemo was really huge, but still the greatest anime ever is "The Lion King". I loved the ideas in Nemo, and I think they are applicable to a lot of humans, but still "the king" was kinda closer to me. I hate them being compared all the time.

rockerhud

Postby rockerhud » Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:55 pm

This is all true... good call!

princessluvsjrt
Supreme Member

Postby princessluvsjrt » Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:02 pm

i started watching the first one and i have to finish the second one and it's really good and can't wait to see the third one and i heard the third one is the best one from the three movies.

Return to “Elijah Wood”