Taming The Trousersnake

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:58 pm

I'm in Japan in a musty hotel hallway walking to Justin's room to surprise him, and at the moment I have JC for company.

''You know it's strange''

''What is?''

''Not once have I thought about whether you're cheating on me, because you're halfway round the world. It would be easy''

''Well maybe thats 'cause you trust me?'' There was a tone in his voice I didn't like.

''I'm just saying it would be easy''

I always trusted him but for some reason (maybe the tone of his voice? I dunno) the seed of doubt was planted, I didn't want it in me, I tried to push it away. It was just too easy to visualise.

I'm giving him a surprise visit, it's most likely he isn't cheating on me but this way I can be sure. Plus I haven't seen him since a week after our relationship started, almost four months ago. I called JC to help me arrange it because thats the only one of his friends I've ever talked to (I've never spoken to or met his mum, should I see that as odd?).

Then JC speaks. Lord, if you could only take back those words... but then again, don't. It's better this way.

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:23 pm

''Maria, I have to tell you something''

''I don't like how this sounds so serious''

''Please don't hate me for this, please don't hate me for keeping it from you, I've been tossing and turning over how to say thi-''

''Just say it Joshua!''

''Justin's in his room getting jerked off by some Japanese waitress''

And then my world fell apart... or it all fitted together.

''Has he cheated on me before?''

He looks down with his hands in his pockets, he's genuinely sorry this had to happen. ''Yes. And you aren't the first person he's screwed over both proverbially and literally. Pardon my language''

''You're excused. Am I anything other than a booty call?'' I notice my voice is beginning to shake, I was trying to hold it all in.

''When he says you've changed his life for the better in a million ways he isn't lying, I've seen what you've done. Thats why I told you''

''Because I deserved to know''

''Yes, and because I happen to know you two are made for one another, and because I know you're the only one who'll stick it through with him''

''This can't be all though can it? There must be strip clubs visits and sex lines I don't know about''

''And lines of cocaine, and too much alcohol. And his mother doesn't have a clue, she dotes on him''

We stop at Room 89962. And JC uses his key to get inside. True to his word, I find Justin with his trousers round his ankles and his hand on the back of some biitch's head.

But, dust and ashes though I am, let me appeal to your pity, since it is you in your mercy that I speak, not to a man, who would simply laugh at me. For all I want to tell you, Lord, is that I do not know where I came from when I was born into this life

'Confessions of a sinner' by St. Augustine

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:46 pm

:huh: Justin! :huh: I'm loving this story ... my typical response, but your writing is always so interesting and suspenseful. :nod: :thumbup: I wonder if Maria will stick with Justin? :thinking:

MORE!

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:53 pm

:kiss2: ive decided to do unconventional stories :nod: , its more interesting and fun to both read and write

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:14 pm

''If you're going through Hell, don't stop'' (Winston Churchill)

''I know there isn't an excuse for this''

''Yes there is, it's...''

''Bullsh*t Justin''

I grab the girl's hair and drag her along the carpet, screaming some incomprehensible crap.

''F*ck''

I pick the girl up and open the door again, then I throw her against the wall with as much energy as I can, making as much noise as I can. People come out of their rooms and stare at me beating this pathetic midget of a double x chromosome.

''Who the hell are you?'' says one woman who I assume, due to the trademark curls, is his mother.

''I'm Maria''

''Who?''

I stare at Justin in disbelief. He hangs his head low, then does up his flies. Then looks up at me and almost seems geniunely sorry. I can't tell, my eyes are blurred from my bitter tears.

''F*ck you Timberlake''

''Thats it, I'm calling security, unless you leave right now''

I stand still, not taking my eyes off Justin.

''She's meant to be here''

''What Justin?''

''I think everyone should come in my room for a minute'' he says with dissapointment in his voice.

''Oh I think we should discuss it out here. There can't be that many girls nearby you haven't f*cked, they deserve a warning''

''Who the hell are you?''

''I, my dear, am his girlfriend of four months''

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:36 pm

''Baby, I'm stuck. What should I do?''

''What are you stuck on?''

''I can't stand the paparazzi one more minute, I can't stand the false people one more minute, I wanna sing and dance and act but... I don't. I kinda wanna settle down with you''

''Really?'' I smile. He smiles. He smiles that smile.

''Yeah''

''Well I'll support you whichever way you choose''

''Thats sweet but it doesn't help''

''Baby, you shouldn't let people you don't like put you off something you love so much''

''I can't decide, I'm really stuck in the middle of the fence. I know!''

''What?''

''You tell me what to do and I'll do it''

''What?''

''No, seriously. Just tell me what to do''

I know what I want him to do but instead of that I get us to sit down properly at the table and write down every single pro and con of each option. And he choses my option anyway. He's sticking with music.

''Now I'm stuck''

''On what?''

''What do i write my songs about''

''Me''

I said it as a joke...

''Songs about Maria... kinda rings a bell don't it''

''Oh you're funny''

''I know baby, I know''

Each song on the album was about me. I could pinpoint the exact time he felt that way or I'd said the thing to inspire him. He depended on me and knew it. And didn't care. We were meant to be.

I showed him how to look at life differently: how to wait in a queue for a long time but just be able to enjoy it, to close his eyes and feel the warm Autumn wind against his cheeks; I taught him to be observant, I'll never forget the photo he sent me (I got him into photography too) with the cation 'heres how they make boys in china' with a picture of a Chinese market with signs for slugs, snails, and dog tails. Then came another with the caption 'and heres how they make girls' with a photo of sugar and spice being sold next to a stall of mirrors, each showing his reflection.

I improved his life dramtically, or so he said. I taught him to relax and take it easy, but still live life to the fullest. And he can't go back to how he used to be, because he says he doesn't want to.

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:04 pm

Loved that awkward meeting with Mama Timberlake. :huh: You know that a guy is up to sh** if he doesn't ever bring you around his parents. He has absolutely no reason to be ashamed of Maria either. She seems like an awesome chick ... very cultured and anyone willing to help someone become a better person is just fine in my book. :nod: :thumbup:

Keep up the great work. I love how you're including the quotes and passages, etc.

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:41 pm

dude Helena i love this!!! :jawdrop: its an amazing story line so far...i love the meeting with Lynn :rofl: that was freakin hilarious...you had me laughin for a while...and draggin the girl out of the room by her hair :rofl: i've had that happen to be before...that hurts like a b*tch! :rofl: I love these two together...justin had just better stop those cheating ways! MORE PLEASE!

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:39 pm

:ph34r: its not a comedy :ph34r: her actions are supposed to reflect how angry she is. hell, thats what i would do if i were her :nod: but thats cool if you find it funny :thumbup:

''Justin how the f*ck could you?''

''I'm sorry baby, I really am''

''Sad that we're over or sad that you're caught?''

''Please don't say we're over'' I can hear a lump in his throat, I choose to ignore it.

''You expect me to stay after I find you doing this?''

''I'm sorry''

''Oh well, that makes it better then''

''Really?''

''No you dickhead, you don't even mean it. Now I'm off, you can explain to your mother how you strung me along. Goodbye'' I head out of the door, ''Thanks JC, for being so truthful''

A shocked and hurt stare is sent JC's way.

''I can't sleep Justin''

''D'you want me to sing it again?''

''Thank you''

So he sings down the phoneline, he sings this song every time I can't sleep.

I've been so many places in my life and time
I've sung a lot of songs
I've made some bad rhymes
I've acted out my life in stages
With 10,000 people watching
But we're alone now and I'm singing this song to you

We may be a million miles away but if I close my eyes its like he's next to me, singing right into my ear.

I know your image of me is what I hoped to be
I treated you unkindly
And darling can't you see
There's no one more important to me
Baby can't you see through me
Cause we're alone now and I'm singing this song to you

Even if we've had a major arguement which hasn't been resolved he'll sing it for me.

You taught me precious secrets
Of a true love , Withholding nothing
You came out in front and I was hiding
Now I'm so much better
And if my words dont come together
Listen to the melody
Cuz my love is in there hiding

He adores me, he told me so, and I think he means it.

I love you in a place where there's no space or time
I love you for my life
You' re a friend of mine
And when my life is over
Remember when we were together
We were alone and I was singing this song to you.

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:12 pm

I'm halfway down the corridor when a door slams open, before I even think about it I turn around to see Justin running towards me, tears streaming down his cheeks. The bastard.

''Please don't go''

I continue walking.

''I can't live without you''

''Bullsh*t''

''Fine, you want the truth?''

''Yes''

''Its gonna hurt''

''I'm hurting already. You took my heart and drove over it god knows how many times in your stupid SUV''

''Okay then... I cheated on you... a lot of times, and I wasn't thinking of you, I was thinking about my dick. Then I'd think about how I'd hide this from you, but it was easy, really easy, because you're in a different f*cking continent''

''But I would have flown over to be with you, I would have given up everything to make this work, everything''

''It wasn't that you weren't there, it's just that one night stands are in my nature, I've had them all my life, whether I'm single or not. I can't help myself. Its just the lifestyle I have''

''Thats no excuse, you're weak''

''I'm weak? What the f*ck? Do you know how long I managed to resist all the drink and drugs I've been offered? Do you have any idea what my life is like?''

Then I made up my mind, I'm gonna sort him out. I'm a damn stubborn latina and I'm gonna do all I can to make him mine, this time mine and mine only.

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:18 pm

:wub: Helena, thanks for including my Donny song. You know how much I love it, and it really worked well with what you were showing in the chapter.

Justin is a dick, but a lovable one. :nod: There are some people that can put you through hell, but you just can't bear to let them leave your life. That's what Maria is dealing with regarding Justin and his cheating ways. He's got a beautiful soul, but his actions are terribly ugly.

MORE, PLEASE!

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:25 am

''Are you gonna leave me?'' The tears came freely now, he didn't hide it, he couldn't if he tried, ''I swear I can't live without you, you're like my air. You've made me look at the world differently, and I don't know how to live in this world right, unless you take my hand.

''Sometimes it feels like you're my life support, like I can't get out of bed unless I hear your voice, because you make to world a better place, you make life worth living. If you leave I swear I'll hang myself''

And he says it with so much conviction that I believe him. But still I walk away. He stands in the hallway for a few seconds, then runs to catch up with me ''No drink, no drugs, no other girls''

''Then help me''

Fine, but you'll have to do a lot of explaining to your mother''

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:46 am

So I had to tell Mum. 'I knew,' she said. 'I've been watching you. I hoped I was wrong.' She went grey, I remember. She slumped by the sink, then sank on to a stool to stop herself falling. 'He'll go mad. Mad. You should have thought about your father.'

'I don't care about Dad.' But I did, I did. 'Will you tell him, Mum? Will you do that for me?'

She looked at me. She twisted her rings. She twisted her rings as if to torture herself. 'Don't ask me,' she whispered, like a little girl. 'I'd do anything for you. Anything else.'

The White family' by Maggie Gee

We walk back to his hotel room, holding hands. As we walk in everyone goes silent and stare at us. I get stared at as if I'm some alien body, whose sole intention of living is to make everyone's life hell. I spot JC and notice hes nursing a black eye and split lip. I give him a sympathetic smile, but his eye is so swollen he has to turn to a bodyguard next to him -who also appears to have been caught in a fight- to ask who just walked in. When he hears the answer he smiles as if he knew it would happen.

''Why did you do that do JC?''

''Because I thought that I'd lose you, because of him telling you about the real me''

''The old you. That was the old you, you're gonna change''

He smiles to me, a genuine smile. He beckons his mum and dad into his room and signals for me to sit by the door. When he closes the door behind me the stares don't stop.

I wait for what seems to be an eternity for the discussion to stop, when finally the door opens and Justin walks out with his head hanging and his proverbial tail between his legs. So he told them.

But then I find he's walking me to the door, then pushing me out.

''I couldn't do it. Sorry.''

And the door closes on my face.

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:27 am

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: Whoa, this is getting crazy here. Why doesn't he just be honest and tell his parents about her? :thinking: After she offered to help him and this is how he shows her his appreciation. :no: Ooooh, Justin, you are one messed up boy.

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:49 pm

its my sick mind Helena...don't mind me :lol:

Whoa Justin is a major d*ck in this story...he needs to be a man and step up to his actions....gosh darn it this is why i HATE men...but then again i love them but still!!! ERRR!!! JUSTIN!!!! Why can't you just keep your d*ck inside your pants and tell your parents that you have a girl?? MORE PLEASE!

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:36 pm

Delilah is a good Christian woman who likes the radio on twenty-four hours a day. First salsa in the morning, horns and maracas and painted guitars, then prayer radio as she cleans the houses on slow afternoons. Delilah makes fifty dollars a day and she works six days a week. She's learned her English from sermons. Then in her own bedroom of lavender carpet and silk flowers, she lets Tony Bennet and Frank Sinatra hold her in the yellow-tinged dark. As the night blooms in silence and shadowed citrus, the music stays in her dreams, somnolent and exausted.

...Delilah has made her home. The immigrant appartments and battered Mexican-style cottages have always been poor, resonating a subliminal decay. They are never lived in long, cheap to rent and never remembered. Here American women and Mexican women stare from rusted screens and ponsettias bought in drugstores, that took in the ground and now cover windows ...The directions out.

'Slow dance on the fault line: The secret names of whores'' by Donald Rawley

It felt like insanity, surely that makes him a walking contradiction. Is he not at this moment living without me? But how do I live? There is no future if there is no him...

I slump against the wall of the corridor and slide my way down onto the painted wooden floor. Where do I go from here? How do I carry on? My whole world is based around him being mine...

I let the tears flow, I'd been holding onto them for so long, and they didn't want to stop. Save me Lord, save me. Without any motive or chosen destination I got up and started walking. Walked out of the corridor, out of the lobby, out of the hotel. Following no directions I let my feet carry me. Take me away...

Once out of my trance, I find myself seated on a rock overlooking a tranquil lake, with the city out of sight. Here I find some inner calm, not feeling like I have to think. The lake is covered with a thin layer of fog, accentuated by the cool crisp winter air that blows gently against my skin. I feel blood rush to my cheeks, and smile.

I take a few deep breaths, cool air rushing into my lungs, holding it there for one, two, three, four seconds, before breathing out the now heated air, watching it spiral out of my mouth like a dragon breathing smoke.

All round the lake a small pink flowers and thinking how pretty they are I pick a bunch and put them in my hair, tucked behind my right ear. I decide to get up and walk around the lake edge. Absent-mindedly I take time to pick up small pebbles from my path and skim them across the water, or at least try.

With my mind for once thinking of nothing at all I almost walk straight into a man crouching over a bush.

''Sorry'' He doesn't look like minds though ''Do you speak English?''

''Yes, very much so''

''Um... this is gonaa sound crazy, but where is this?''

''This is the Garden of Tranquility''

''Is this private property?''

''Oh no, very public, very much so. This is part of the local Bhuddist temple''

''Oh, I see.''

Again I look out over the lake, its almost like its a part of me. It seems so familiar... but I couldn't have been here before... Justin. he's sent me so many photos of here, he must love it too.

The man speaks again, smiling ''Good day Justin''

I turn around and there he is, as shocked to see me as I am him.

''What are you doing here?''

''This is where I write you my letters''

''Its nice here''

''Yeah, stops you from thinking don't it? Its the only place in the whole world where I don't feel like I hate my life''

''Where are all your people?''

''Freaking out in the hotel room. I ran away, and thank God I found you''

:thinking: im not sure about that quote, what do you think people?

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:10 pm

:thumbup: I like the quote, although a little hard for me to figure out exactly how you want it to fit in with this chapter. But I still like it. :lol:

That garden sounds beautiful. :wub: It would serve as an amazing space for the inspiration of the thoughts contained within Justin's letters. These two are tortured souls ... I can feel it in them. It's like they're the only ones that get one another. I want 'em together, no matter how much pain and heartbreak they have to go through.

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:37 pm

its supposed to refer to justin feeling trapped and stuff and his world being ugly and desolate of emotion etc, but maybe itll be more clear a little later on

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:30 am

*bump*

it makes it easier to copy and paste if its on page one

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:33 pm

Suddenly, like a twitch, he starts scratching desperately at his left wrist. He doesn't even seem to be aware of it, and as I observe him I realise that although a moment ago he was focused completely on me, suddenly his eyes have glazed over. Is he there at all?

Then I stare at his wrists and find he's drawing blood. I grab his wrist and he doesn't fight it, although his right hand twitches. I find hes been scratching off the top of two cuts, and now they seem to be bleeding profusely. Sh*t. It looks like he's been slitting his wrists.

As his blood starts to drip down the hand that holds his I grab my woolen scarf and tie it round his wrist, putting as much pressure on the cuts as possible. What has he been doing to himself? Why didn't he tell me about this? Why didn't he ever tell me he ever got this low? Why didn't he ask for help. Then he begins to walk back in the direction of the rock, completely unaware of my presence. Part of me is fascinated, another repulsed and another scared. I don't know what to expect.

He sits on the rock and stares straight at the lake while pulling off the scarf I so carefully tied up his wrist with, but I can't do anything, I'm transfixed. He reaches inside his jacket pocket and brings out a pinch of white powder and rubs it on his cuts. Sh*t. Cocaine? F*ck.

Always buzzing, just like neon, neon

The way his eyes glazed over scared me, it was like he was suddenly possesed. Possesed by a need for more? God, thats scary. Thats what I'm up against?

Who knows how long she can go before she burns away

But like I said, I'm stubborn. And a thousand times better than what any substance could give him. I look over to him and he's still glazed over, but with a contented smile, so I take this opportunity to snatch his cell phone off him.

She comes and she goes like no one cares

I have a plan...

Lyrics: John Mayer 'Neon'

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:58 pm

Neon! :yay: :yay:

She has a plan! Thank God. Justin is seriously messed up in the head. Cutting his wrists ... that makes me very sad. :( I hate when people hurt themselves like that. :no:

Return to “Daniela Pestova”