I Need Some Help With

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:05 pm

aight so for my next English speach we have to choose a poem and then write about the author, an analysis of the poem and then our reaction to it...well i had my whole paper written and the girl who edited mine said that i need to make the analysis longer so i was wondering if y'all could give me some suggestions as to what i should add...this is the poem

I’ve Seen Your Soul Before
Tupac Shakur

There are things we cant explain
So we usually tend to ignore
The unpleasant side to the human race
Like poverty and war
Its deja vu when i cry
When i see you i realize it even more
I know your heart like i know mine
Because ive seen your soul before
I recognize the tear drops
And the clouds inside your head
I related to your sorrow
And every word you said
The creator to so many things
We never realize what for
Now i know why i met you
The space between you heart and your mind
Is sometimes called the soul
The personification to your morals
And youre emotional control
Stronger than the human spirit
The human soul you cant ignore
Faster than your thoughts

and my analysis

The whole idea behind the poem is that in general, the human race loves to think that everything is ok with the world and with themselves, when deep down in their soul, they know that everything isn't ok. They try to help themselves by believing that everything is ok when in reality, it's really not. They tend to ignore things like poverty and war because it creates pain inside of them. We, as a society are all hurting and no one wants to admit it but once one person tears down that wall and shows that they are hurting, everyone relates to it and tears down their wall because they relate to the pain also.

any ideas?? I'd love you forever and ever if you could help me out :wub: :hug: :blowkisss:

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:12 pm

I really think you've hit the nail on the head with your analysis, but the poem is basically talking about how society as a whole operates on the ignorance is bliss principle. That if you just don't look at it or think about it, then somehow it doesn't exist. We often do this with homeless people. It makes people uncomfortable to think about them, so if a person makes a conscious effort to not think about them, then somehow that makes them not exist. This is definitely a false way to approach the world, and it seems that Tupac advocates that we take a deep look at our society and surroundings and try to embrace both the beauty and the pain in our world, and more specifically, in our own lives.

On a personal level, he feels a connection between him and fellow members of the human race b/c he has felt the same joy and sorrow that everyone experiences. We all go through the same range of human emotions and that's what connects us as people. The poem emphasizes an understanding and respect for the interconnectedness of humanity.

Okay, that's all I've got. Use whatever makes sense, if it does at all. You can copy it word for word if you need to.

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:18 pm

Awww Paige that's perfect! Thank you sooo sooo sooo sooo much! :hug: :blowkiss: x 100! Now she can't say that it isn't long enough :lol:

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:18 pm

:yay: yay for apsergers! i read that completely differently.

i read it as a man trying to comfort a fellow lost soul, by trying to connect with him. and by saying 'ive seen your soul before' he is trying to say that it isnt the end of the world and that it can be overcome, whatever the problem. 'i know your heart like i know mine' shows that the speaker understands his feelings, is perhaps more wise and worldly, and feels that the speaker could (in a modest way) benifit from listening to him.

theres more i could write but its completely different to what you two said :lol:

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:30 pm

wow i didn't even think of it that way...hmm maybe i could fit that in there too somehow.... :thinking: i could give my analysis combined with Paiges and then be like or you could also interpret it as..... hmm :thinking:

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:08 pm

Yeah, it would be good to show that there are multiple ways to interepret this particular poem, and that these are two important intrepretations. That should get you extra points. :thumbup:

Return to “Daniela Pestova”