She Thinks A Hug Is Going To Make

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:00 pm

So i know a lot of you don't know whats going on...i'll try n do a brief summary

Last Monday, January 24, 2005, my great grandma, aka Mimi, had a stroke while her son Bill (my grandmas brother) was reading the Bible to her....my mom went to see her that night but since i had a fever i wasn't allowed to go and then i had a fever like all week so they wouldn't let me go...well thursday after school my aunt called me and was like "you should come to the hospital...Mimi isn't doing good" so i went home, got 2 sets of directions to the hospital (cause i always get lost) and after getting lost 2 times i made it there...well i saw her and i didn't even recogonize her...if my grandma wouldn't have been beside her i wouldn't have known...well i'm trying not to look at her cause i feel the tears welling up and as my uncle is saying good-bye he starts crying so then i do and my grandma was trying to make me go and hold her hand and talk to her and i just can't...i have a huge problem with death and illness...after i left i sat in my car for like 10 minutes just crying and then she was getting worser and worser and today she died..and my mom didn't even tell me...i had to find out from my cousin (Will) she was like i was gonna tell you when i got home and i was like yeah at 6! but then tonight she came in here and was like "do you want me to give you a hug to make things better" i'm sorry but a hug isn't going to make things better....theres nothing thats gonna bring my Mimi back

sorry to bug yall...i just need to rent and rave...i would have wrote more but its about to kick me off

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:54 am

<span style='color:blue'>I'm sorry to hear that Heather. :hug: I know that my hug really isn't going to help, but it's there anyway. I know what it's like to hear from a cousin... I heard from my cousin that my Grandpa died when I was 9. I know you're 17, but my mom said that she couldn't bare to look at me and tell me, so she just let James (who is the same age as me) do it. :shrug:

You and your fam are in my thoughts and prayers though. :nod: :kiss:</span>

Bubble_Yum
Supreme Member

Postby Bubble_Yum » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:33 am

:hug:
I know how it feels darling. No-one in my family bothered to tell me my sister had cancer until she was mid-way through her treatment.
Apparantly it was to save me from hurt.... Yeah right thats not going to hurt when I find out is it?! <_<

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:09 am

Oh Heather :hug: You poor thing, :( my grandma died recently and my grandad is on his way out pretty soon so I know what kinda mindframe you're in, I know how depressed upset and angry you are, I wish a hug would make it all better but sadly things are never solved that easily. Having said that, I can't even give you a hug, merely this: :hug: but I want to offer you someone to talk to if you ever want to :nod:

And *Ruth :o that sounds terrible :no: I can see where they're coming from but it wasn't the way to solve things or make things better; they should have known it's not something you can hide forever and that there is no one way you can be saved from being hurt. Again, I can't offer you more than :hug: and that you should know I'm there for you if you want to talk/chat/turn against Paige ;) Is your sister doing any better?

Both of you should know that you are truly loved, and truly wonderful people that don't deserve to be so sad :hug: :kiss2:

*It's the thought that counts :stupidme: :lol:

Bubble_Yum
Supreme Member

Postby Bubble_Yum » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:03 am

And Sarah

:nono: Did you just look at my avator and not my name??!! :lol:
It's Ruthy you buffoon! :rofl: Love ya really!! :wub:

My sister is fine now :) so it all worked out in the end. Thanks for asking!

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:17 am

:laughup: Helena can't even keep our names straight anymore. :no: :lol:

:hug: :hug: :hug: Heather, I read your Xanga about Mimi and I'm sad that she had to leave your family. From what I've heard and read, she sounds like an awesome lady. I'm sure you are very glad and proud to have known her for as long as you did. Many people don't get to know their great-grandparents, so you are very lucky. :nod: I love you always and I know that'll you feel better when it's the right time for you. No rush! Just take some time and reflect on the happy memories and that might provide some mental relief. :hug: :hug: :hug:

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:14 am

:headache:

:ph34r: :rofl: :ph34r: As long as you know I care :hug: :lol: I'm glad to hear she's doing better :nod:

And like Paige said Heather, it's lucky you got to know your great-grandparents. I've heard about mine and three seem like nutcases :wacko: and another was a Spanish immigrant who had a torrid love affair which I really wanna hear about :lol: Sadly, I never got a chance to know them, infact I barely got a chance to know my grandma before she went all crazy :( But despite that, I'm happy to know her for as long as I did, the bad memories outweigh the good but it's only the good I relive :nod: Ah I'm babbling on, but hey, at least I got your name right :unsure: :rofl:

Loves and hugs :kiss:

JTnTN
Supreme Member

Postby JTnTN » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:31 pm

Heather, I'm sure you know that we're all here for you if you ever need anything, but at times like this, I guess things don't really mean much. It hurts. The pain lessens, but it never disappears, so I'm just going to pray that through the gift of time, the good memories that you shared with your great grandmother manage to outweigh this heartbreak.

And my mom couldn't bear to tell me when my best friend died, so I also understand that predicament. But don't blame your mom. I'm sure she's distraught and unsure about what to do as well. Death affects different people in different ways. Some people cry, and then there are people like me that hold everything in. Some people try to laugh around their pain and some people get angry. Don't use this time to resent her reaction, but grieve for your Mimi in the way you see fit. Take your time. And again, if you need a virtual shoulder to cry on or the advice of a close, friendly stranger, we're all here and we love you.

Now go listen to some Christina and keep that head up. If anyone can get those tears out, it's her. :lol: Love you, sweetie. :blowkiss:

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:06 pm

thank you all for your kind words :hug: :blowkiss: they really do mean a lot to me

so i have more bad new...my great aunt millie has also died...she died this morning from septic poisoning i think thats what it is....she had hip surgery on tuesday and they think she picked it up from the hospital...and her family is all blaming themselves cause they all told her to get the surgery...and they're down in north caronlina i think so that means i'll have to miss at least 2 more days of school...i wanted out of government but not this bad

my poor grandma was a mess this afternoon...i mean she lost her sister and her mother in less than a week...both people shes known her entire life.....it just really makes you wonder about life at times...ya kno? i just don't now how much more of this my family can take...we're all so worn down and the this....i just...i don't know about anything anymore

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:35 am

:unsure: Aww :hug: I'm so sorry to hear that Heather, it's terrible to lose so many people so close together :hug: I always worry when my mum goes into hospital because there's this bug called MRSA or something over here which is killing thousands :unsure: Your family certainly shouldn't blame themselves, it's not their fault. I imagine they wouldn't push for something if they didn't think it was needed, the hospital should have been more careful, I do believe you can prevent that and stop it from getting worse, they didn't do their job properly :no:

Anyways, know that we all love you :nod: :kiss2: and will keep you in our prayers :hug:

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:15 am

OMG! Heather, I know that you are going through a lot right now. Stay strong and keep close to your family, as I'm sure that all of you need the support from one another. :hug:

I'm sure she really needed the surgery, so no one should blame themselves for encouraging her to get an operation that was going to make her feel better.

About five/six years ago, my grandmother went in for back surgery because she was having a lot of pain and died the night she got home from her hospital stay. Surgery really weakens a person, especially when you're older, and it looks like Millie wasn't able to take all of the trauma to her body.

I LOVE YA LIKE A SISTER! :kiss: :hug:

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:32 am

:hug: Wow, Heather, I don't even know what to say. I just have this huge spot in my heart for you and your family, cuz I know that has to hurt. All I can tell you is that the only way this gets easier is with time.

Death can sometimes be such an ugly part of life, but I hope that you and your family can find a way to celebrate her life. I know it's so hard to see a bright side right now, but there's always a silver lining. At the very least, y'all can be glad that neither one of them are suffering or in any pain and that your aunt and great grandmother have found each other and are chillin' in Heaven now. :) There's nothing more satisfying than to know that the people we love are happy. So when you shed a tear, just remember how much they loved you, how much you loved them and that someday, your whole family will be reconnected with them and all the others that you've had to say ''See ya later'' to.

And don't forget how much we over here love you, support you and would give you the world, if we had it. Love you to pieces. :blowkiss:

Return to “Daniela Pestova”