Girls Guess What!

Lil X-tina
Ultra Member

Postby Lil X-tina » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:54 pm

Ok for those of you who don't know (most of you do) I'm an artist and I deal with very controversial subjects. So my art is often seen as shocking but to my knowledge no other known artist has delt with the concept that I deal with. Anyway in December my school news paper interviewed me about my art and the lovely Helena posted the article on the Christina bored (:hug:). I got a lot of positive/supportive recognition from my peers for that which was cool. Then 2 weeks ago my art teacher who I really respect told me that me and this guy named Dan are the best artists in CVHS. Which totally blew me away and honestly made me want to cry because that ment a lot to me. So then last Monday I was told by this girl in my Art Appreciation class that a local news paper came to our school and was looking for me because they want to interview about my art. But apparently they couldn't find me which is odd cuz I was in class all day. So I went to the Principle and asked him and he told me that the writer for the news paper email him specifically asking to interview me..she used my full name and everything, and explained to him that she wanted to interview me for a section called "Zup" where they interview influential rising artists. (by artists I mean anyone in the arts field whether music, writing, fine art etc..). I asked him how she got my name and he said that she got my name from her editor :blink: I have no idea how her editor knows me tho. He told me that he would email her back and get back to me. Then yesterday my mom called him asking what was up with it and he said that she called him back and said that she still wants to interview me for the article and will be back to do so before the end of the school year. I AM SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!! Ever since I was 10 I have been telling my mom (and everyone for that matter :lol: ) that one day I am going to be famous and Barbra Walters will do a 20/20 special on me. Well watch out Babs cuz in a couple years HERE I COME!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:07 pm

AWESOME! :yay: This is going to be such great exposure. Look out world, here comes Rach. :hug:

Lil X-tina
Ultra Member

Postby Lil X-tina » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:28 pm

Aw Thanks Paigey T..you know I love ya girl. Deff true about the great exposure part. My art suppervisor told me that "Zup" is a really big deal to locally. That you do not just get into it..its something that you really have to earn. I'm thankful for ANYTHING cuz you don't become well known over night, you have to work at it and start small with little exposure and work your way up.

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:18 am

:clap: Well done Rach, I'm so proud of you ^_^ and that article better be posted up on here :nod:

Return to “Daniela Pestova”