Ok I Really Need Advise!

laura
Supreme Member

Postby laura » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:34 am

<span style='color:green'>ok,so heres the thing i have a university interview next tuesday, it for my degree in media and this uni is a few hours away ive never been to where it is and since im going on my own for the interview i knw im gonna mess up get lost or make a complete fool outa myself!!!!! ok then theres the fact that when i try talkin to anyone about it they just dont get how freaked out i am!!! :rolleyes: most of my family never moved away from around where we all live now so it wasnt an issue with them.....and my friends are applyin to other places and know they wanna move out....its the fear i know it is...of the unknown and all but its paralysing me so much and i was just wondering since most of y'all have done this how do i get rid of it!!!!!!!!! am i just being crazy or what? :blink: </span>
<span style='color:green'>
thanks!</span>

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:59 am

I'm doing a media degree in September too :yay: Where to start :thinking: ...

As for the interview: I went to one and my mind blanked completeley, so I just said "I'm sorry but my minds gone completely blank. I knew just exactly what I wanted to say and now it's gone" and I still got an offer. Just try make a joke out of it, try not to get too stressed because everyone is nervous, everyone will mess up a bit.

As for going into the unknown: It's VERY freaky, but like my mum says to me: everyone is in the same boat, don't worry too much about it. If all else fails you have us at Abs :kiss:

I have a feeling that the freaky feeling is not gonna go until you and I are about two months into our course :lol: You certainly ain't the only one whose feeling that way :nod:

GOOD LUCK GIRL!

laura
Supreme Member

Postby laura » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:04 am

mtvjunkie wrote: I'm doing a media degree in September too :yay:

<span style='color:green'> :D yay!!!! cool, see thing is i defered my admission for a year and now i dont know if i should change it or not? :rolleyes: this is such a "me" thing to do.... i just want someone to tell me what to do so i can blame them and not myself!!!!! :unsure: but thanks girl!!!!!!!!!!! :notworthy: </span>

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:31 am

I'd suggest first off find out whether it's possible to change your year of entry, if not you don't really have much choice. You could ask Admissions at the uni you want to go to, and if it's possible then find out what they suggest you should do in order to change it.

Oh, and no problem :kiss2:

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:04 pm

Let's see if I remember anything about being a university student. :lol: Come this May, I will have been out of school for two years. :yay: So, bear with me and my recollection of the experience.

I am not one for big changes. That kind of stuff freaks me out beyond belief. I still can't believe I survived when we moved to the house we live in now, back when I was 8 years old. I don't even remember back then, but starting a new school at such a young age was freaky.

Starting anything new is freaky. It's part of the territory of living in a world where everything isn't set in stone and things can change at the drop of a hat.

I didn't go far away to university. In fact, I already knew some of the teachers and the basic layout of the campus. I don't know how you guys decide your schedules, but once I knew my classes, I would always scope out the buildings and rooms where I was going to be. I think it's very important to familiarize yourself with your surroundings. It's one less thing to worry about.

And, believe it or not, you won't be the only nervous person. Everybody is nervous those first few weeks of school. Trust me! Even by the time I had been in the school for four years, and knew all of my teachers, I was still nervous, and unsure of myself until I got comfortable with my schedule and routine. Even the people who look cool, calm, and collected are sh**ting their pants. :lol:

As for the interview, it's your time to shine, so even if you're shaking in your boots, you have to put on a brave face and do the damn thing. If you get too nervous and go blank, let them know that. You have to be strong, and present yourself well, but you don't have to be invincible. :hug: I don't know if you have to bring a portfolio of school work or any other information to your interview, but you might do a mock interview with yourself in your head. Try to anticipate the questions you might be asked and then say the answer in your head.

My biggest piece of advice to anyone with regard to school is -- PREPARATION IS KEY! I got straight A's throughout university because I devoted myself to my school work and always knew what needed to be done. If you really want to do well, this isn't a time for bullsh**ting. Concentrate, do the best you can, and graduate on time ... then you can do like me and bullsh** all you want when you're done. :rofl:

Laura, you are awesome, my love. :kiss2: You have to believe in yourself, even if it's just a tiny bit, before you can go into a new situation and really own it.

laura
Supreme Member

Postby laura » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:49 am

aw paige i want you to be my adviser!!!!!!!!!!! you rock with all your dr phil-esque advise!!im still freaked but not as much,thank you!! :D im like you if i put my mind to something i just do it....and im not big with the partyin so thats really not a distraction....but the net and gossipin....TOTAAALLL other story....as ya all know......... but thanks again!!!!!!! its a huge weight off.... muah!!!!!!!!

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:01 am

Dr. Phil, always at your service. :kiss: :hug:

Return to “Daniela Pestova”