Adriana Lima And Her Favorite Musician

Miss Moon
Supreme Member

Postby Miss Moon » Thu Aug 08, 2002 4:13 pm

This is right when they met:

guess.com/ModelsAndMore/models/bio.asp?model_id=34http://www.guess.com/ModelsAndMore/models/...asp?model_id=34

She's only eighteen, but already Adriana Lima has attained star status within the modeling industry. Having worked with some of the world's greatest image-makers - - Steven Meisel, Patrick Demarchelier, Peter Lindbergh and Ellen von Unwerth - - the future looks nothing but bright for this young, remarkable model.
Adriana's first big break came when she appeared high above New York's Times Square on a Vassarette billboard. Since then, she has appeared in Vogue and Harper's Bazaar magazines, on the runway for many top designers such as Carmen Marc Valvo, and has been profiled on E! Entertainment Television, The Travel Channel, Viva, Extra, and Whipple's World.

Born in northern Brazil, this 5'10", brown haired, green eyed beauty is an eclectic mix of French, Portuguese, Native American, and Caribbean heritages. Constantly asked to model in high school, Adriana took the plunge and joined Elite Model Management when she was sixteen. Soon after, speaking only broken English, she moved to New York where she perfected her craft.

Adriana seems to have it all: a gorgeous face, great attitude, loving family, and driving ambition. As a child, she dreamed of helping children and is now using her celebrity status to aid orphanages in her homeland.

Adriana's rise to fame continues as she becomes the face everyone recognizes starring in the GUESS? Los Angeles and Wailea ad campaigns.

Where were you born?
I was lucky to grow up in possibly the most beautiful part of Brazil, Salvador de Bahia. It's very beautiful there, the city is built on hills and it's known for its white sandy beaches and old historical buildings.

Do you come from a large family?
No, I have no brothers or sisters.

How did you get involved in modeling?
I was scouted shopping at a mall when I was 13 years old. I started modeling in Brazil and then moved to New York a couple years later.

What is a typical day like for you?
I live in New York so I shop and work a lot. I also love to read, especially books by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. When I am not working, I tend to relax at home and hang out with my friends.

What is your most prized possession and why?
I own a bar in Mexico--I love to go there! It is a great escape for me when I have some downtime and can't make it to my house in Brazil.

What is the best thing about modeling for GUESS?
The people! The crew is like a big family and it was really fun working with them.

What are you currently working on?
Right now, I am working on an ad for a new Armani fragrance and a television commercial for Victoria's Secret. I'm also working on a photo shoot for Vibe magazine with my favorite musician, Lenny Kravitz.

What are your plans for the future?
I would really like to pursue acting or photography.

What are some of your favorites - food, place, musician, author, etc.?
My favorite food is anything Brazilian! My favorite musician is Lenny Kravitz, and my favorite author is Gabriel Garcia Marquez, a Colombian realism and fantasy novelist. My favorite vacation spot is Salvador de Bahia, I love to go back to my homeland as much as I can!

How do you keep fit?
To keep fit, I do Capoeira, a Brazilian martial art which combines dance, music, rituals, acrobatics and choreographed play-fighting.

You have flawless skin, do you have any good beauty secrets?
Lots of rest and drinking a lot of water is the key to having good skin - and no smoking!

Do you enjoy travelling?
I don't really like to travel, but I have to do it. Modeling takes me everywhere from Paris, Milan, New York, and then I travel home to Brazil when I can. I have a little bit of a fear of flying, but I just know that I have to get on that plane to get to my next destination!

What advice do you have for young people interested in modeling?
Take it easy, go slow, and don't take anything personally. Always remember to remain true to yourself because you are special and unique!

Return to “Other Supermodels”