Rebecca Romijn visits 'The Oprah Winfrey Show'

admin
Supreme Member

Rebecca Romijn visits 'The Oprah Winfrey Show'

Postby admin » Fri Feb 16, 2001 8:24 pm

>> Yeah. Oprah: Okay. Tyra's good friend supermodel, actress rebecca romijn-stamos also turned in her mom for a makeover. Rebecca, as you probably know, is a big-time model and actress who has graced the covers of many, many magazines and knows a thing or two about fashion but says her mom, too, needs help. Please welcome rebecca romijn-stamos.

[C hi, girl. Good to see you again.

>> How are you? Oprah: Oh, fine.

>> Hi.

>> This is so fun. Oprah: You girls

>> we have known each other for 10 years.

>> 10 years. Oprah: You called her and said i'm turning in my mom. You want to turn in

>> she was like heck, yeah.

>> She just got to give a pluggyloo to you guys to find the man of her mom's dreams. I'm sure the man of my mom's dreams is watching this show or some oprah: She said her mom was in sort of a rut kind of thing. Was your mom?

>> My mom is recently single, just over a year and a half ago, out of a 17-year relationship, and, like i said, single, looking to mingle.

[Laughter] oprah: Rebecca told us that her mom, elizabeth, is, as she just said, single, ready to mingle, but needs a little help with her look. Look at this.

>> This is my mom, elizabeth. She is the cutest thing in the whole world. We tease relentlessly and she's such a good sport. My sister and i keep telling her that she needs to dress up a little bit more because she's just so shlumpy all day.

>> This is my dog walking outfit.

>> She's are nice. They've got pockets. I can wear them to exercise. I can go from there, get my shopping done.

>> You use the pockets for --

>> poop bags, my keys.

>> She'll hang out in this all day, people! I wish you wouldn't run around with stains all over her sweatshirt like this. She's got them all over. She's got a big huge -- look at this big one right here. It looks like somebody put their coffee mug down on her sweatshirt. And she decided to buy some smart brown loafers.

>> I never had a pair of loafers before.

>> Okay. Here is where she goes wrong. She shoves her feet in there with her gym socks on. Like she's on her way and then, like i said, she goes down a bad road. Okay, oprah, this is where my mom comes almost every day. This is the dog park. What she wears to the dog park is exactly what she should be wearing to the dog park. It's the fact that she keeps it on for the rest of the day.

>> I never had my eyebrows plucked. I've never known how to wear makeup. I don't understand hair at all.

>> My mom and i are very, very close. She has taken the role of being a mom very, very seriously. We didn't have a whole lot of money growing up, but she never made it feel that way. She just understands whatis about and she's got a beautiful, spirit. She's always been really right there for me, but wanted to give me all the confidence in the world, and i'd like to give that back to her now. I'd like to see her look simple, makeup, not too many accessories, and she can look classy and beautiful. Oprah: Well, so let's see what happened when the whole team got together. This is your mom before. We saw her in those loafers. Ready to see your mom now? Come on out, elizabeth.

[Cheers and applause]

>> she's so beautiful. Oprah: I think elizabeth's feeling it herself. Really.

>> I feel smart. I feel brilliant. Oprah: Really, you look so incredibly different.

>> Yeah. Oprah: You really do.

>> Did your eyebrows hurt, mom?

>> No, she was very gentle.

>> She was? Did she wax them or pluck them?

>> Pluck them. Oprah: That was okay.

>> First time i had my eyebrows plucked -- oprah: I know. But she is -- you look good.

>> Sexy with your leather pants.

>> Look at that.

[Cheers and applause] oprah: That is so cool.

>> You have on valentino.

>> Is it valentino? Oprah: Rebecca's mom elizabeth was in the hands of oscar blandi, who has done many other people, including gwyneth paltrow. Her makeup was done from the expert team from laura mercier. Love their products. Her new outfit is courtesy of nordstrom. It's fabulous. Would you have worn leather before?

>> Not until very recently. Oprah: So you would have. Black leather pants, that's not out of --

>> well, it's new. I'm more worried about those boots. Look how high that heel is. I never thought -- oprah: That's high for a loafer girl. Smart brown loafer girl.

at the end...
Oprah: Fun. Elizabeth?
Well, i usually concentrated on beauty from the inside, and i'm just really happy to know that iat i can wear black leather pants and high heels.

Return to “Rebecca Romijn”