John Stamos On Last Call Tuesday

admin
Supreme Member

Postby admin » Wed Jun 19, 2002 4:55 am

>> Carson: John, who has pink nipples, is helping me with my career right now. You would love to hear all this. John stamos is here. 'Cabaret' is the play on broadway. How's rebecca? How's your wife?

>> She's great.

[ Talking over each other ]

>> Carson: She's a super nice lady, she is.

>> She always says nice things about you -- late at night.

[ Laughter ]

>> Carson: I'm gonna actually go with you.

>> She's been so amazing. I was thinking today, I never thought I could be more in love with her. But since I've been doing this play, she's been here every day. She's been so supportive. It's really an emotional, frightening thing to go on to broadway and take over an important, you know, part. And she's just been right by my side. She's been so supportive. I wrote her a note the other day, 'I never thought I could be more in love with you than I am now.'

[ Audience aws ]

>> Carson: That's nice. All right, all right, all right.

[ Applause ]

>> Plus, she's hot!

>> Carson: Yeah, she's hot. Does she ever ask you not to change? Like, to stay in drag at all?

[ Laughter ] Is she into some of that?

>> On the weekends.

>> Carson: What does that do for you? How many shows do you do in a week? You do eight?

>> Eight, yeah.

>> Carson: And so, when you are putting on the makeup and getting into this role, which is so drastically different, as you mentioned, in an effort to show that you can do so much more than what we've pegged you for tonight -- and you do it well. This play is getting standing ovations every night and rave reviews. But what is it like when you put this stuff on? I don't know. Does it fluctuate your sexuality just a little bit? I mean, this is eight days a week of getting into women's clothing. Is there any mind games with this? And not in a negative way at all.

>> I don't think --

>> Carson: Do you feel femininity coming out a little bit?

>> A little bit, but I mean, not in a --

>> Carson: Do you like streisand now a little bit more? Do you enjoy shopping?

>> Judy garland?

>> Carson: Judy garland. Is there anything to that when you get into this role and this character every night in 'cabaret'?

>> I don't think so. And not to -- I've never had an issue with homosexuality. I have a lot of -- this sounds bad. I have a lot of gay friends.

[ Cheers and applause ] I've always been very comfortable. I'm getting an award from the gay and lesbian thing for doing this show.

[ Applause ] I'm so comfortable with myself, I just have no --

>> Carson: -- Comfort level. You have to put it on -- it's the same thing if a woman -- she has to go into work wearing whatever they wear, and all of a sudden, eight times a week for an extended amount of time, they're just in a completely different gender mindset.

>> It feels okay. What's interesting to me, too, it's kind of fun to make people feel a little uncomfortable about their own sexuality when I'm doing this. Like, make them feel like, 'wait a minute. Maybe this is okay or not okay. I'm having feelings for john up there. Wait a minute. I'm a guy. I shouldn't have feelings.'

[ Laughter ]

>> Carson: Right.

>> So it all works fine.

>> Carson: What is the reaction from the audience night in and night out? Does it fluctuate differently every night, do you notice? Any macho guys get in there and --

>> No, no, no. I pull a guy up on stage and dance with him halfway through. And that's always -- some guy kissed me the other night. He said, 'this is for my wif'' and kissed me full on the lips. You know? I said, 'you gotta pay for gay around here, buddy.'

[ Laughter and applause ] It works -- it works fine.

>> Carson: He's definitely seeping in a little bit.

>> It's kind of ambisexual. I mean, he'll have sex with anything that comes around, you know? It took place in berlin in the late '30s where everybody kind of escaped to be themselves, you know? And then all of a sudden, this nazi, third reich started coming in and threatening to have them stop their lifestyle. They're saying, 'they're not gonna stop us because I'm gay or because I love a jew or.' You know? All of a sudden, it kind of creeps in, and it gets darker and darker and darker, and they realize that power overtook 'em.

>> Carson: Not to bring some levity into what you're saying -- you moon the audience or something, I was reading?

>> Well, his whole thing all the way up through till the end has been -- which I think was a relevant point today, where I think -- kids think they can take drugs, and they can have sex with anybody and nothing can happen to them. And it ends up, you know, bad things can happen. And that's how they were. It's like, 'oh, the nazis. Hitler.' He's making fun of hitler, and he has a swastika on his ass and moons the audience. 'Hitler's not gonna get us.' And then, eventually, he does.

>> Carson: Right. What did you buy on ebay recently? Tell everybody. The disneyland sign from southern california. The actual sign.

>> They're selling the sign. Yeah, I bought that.

>> Carson: You bought that whole sign?

[ Laughter ]

>> Yeah.

>> Carson: How much did you spend for the disneyland sign?

>> It was a few bucks. But I thought --

>> Carson: Why did you buy it?

>> Well, you can spell a lot of different things with it.

[ Laughter ] It spells 'sin lady,' which I like.

[ Laughter ] I don't know. I went to disneyland as a kid. And people collect cars and stuff.

>> Carson: Where do you keep it?

>> I have it at the house somewhere.

[ Laughter ]

>> Carson: It should be in your bedroom, 'cause it's the happiest place on earth.

>> Hey, now.

[ Cheers and applause ] Good one, carson. Did you write that yourself?

[ Laughter and applause ] That's good. That's a good one.

>> Carson: Thank you. I'll be here all week.

[ Laughter ]

>> What else do you want to talk about?

>> Carson: 'The virgin chronicles.' This is a very cool concept, and you're producing it for vh-1, is it?

>> Mtv.

>> Carson: Mtv.

>> And we're doing it on vh-1, too. It's about -- it explores celebrity firsts. So their first car, their first kiss, their first crush, their first sexual experience. And I was always fascinated with how people lost their virginity. Every time I'm at a dinner party, I'm like, 'how did you lose your virginity?'

[ Laughter ]

>> Carson: It's a great icebreaker at someone's house.

>> But, you know, but it is fascinating, isn't it?

>> Carson: The pilot of the show, it's rebecca, right?

>> Rebecca did it as a favor. We were doing just a short version of it. What's the word I'm looking for?

>> Carson: I don't know, like a pilot.

>> Yeah.

[ Laughter ] And it wasn't gonna air. It turned out so well, so we aired that. And then the show got picked up, and now we're doing busta rhymes.

>> Carson: But tell us what she did in this pilot. Her first -- her first time she had sex. You went to the guy's house or something?

>> Well, we found -- yeah, the first guy she had sex with. That's not the whole show, but part of the show.

>> Carson: That must be a little bit weird, right? I mean, this is how you're selling the show. You're using this as an example. It happenso o be your wife, and she's going to explore where the guy is.

>> We find the guy or the girl, and then we hear their side of the story, and then we hear the celebrity's side of the story. Of course, they're gonna be different. He says it was in the back of a truck, and she says it was a hotel room or whatever.

>> Carson: Isn't that weird that this is about your wife, and this is a show that you're also producing?

>> I'm trying to sell the show, so I don't care who it is.

[ Laughter ]

[ Applause ]

>> Carson: Anymore time? Let me get -- I got a couple of quick 'virgin chronicles' for you. I got a couple of your firsts. The first celebrity you kissed?

>> I'm still a virgin.

>> Carson: Okay.

[ Light laughter ]

>> By the way.

>> Carson: First celebrity you kissed, john?

>> Liberace.

[ Laughter ] Your first groupie sexual experience?

>> I did -- I don't think I had sex with her. I remember coming into 'general hospital' right when I first started. I was 18. I opened my closet in my dressing room, and there was a full naked girl there. It was great.

[ Audience oohs ]

>> Carson: And that's it? Did you have sex with her?

>> That's enough for your show. Yeah.

[ Laughter ] First item you ever stole?

>> Um, um -- I used to steal -- you know when you go to the store -- you know, cereal boxes -- it would say, 'free prize inside.' I would just stick my hand -- it said it was free, so I thought you could just dig. Like, little cereal items I would steal.

[ Laughter ]

>> Carson: All right. 'Cabaret' on broadway. Go check it out.

Return to “Rebecca Romijn”