Jerry O'Connell: "We want kids"

rrfwebmaster

Jerry O'Connell: "We want kids"

Postby rrfwebmaster » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:17 am

(http://www.etonline.com/tv/spotlight/49170/)

Rebecca Romijn and Jerry O'Connell have only been married since Saturday, July 14, 2007 but the groom has already revealed that they are hoping to expand their family -- he just didn't indicate when.

"We definitely want to have kids," he told ET at a press conference for his new ABC series, "Carpoolers." "Hopefully, they will take after their mother."

Rebecca and Jerry invited 100 family and friends to a ceremony and barbecue in the backyard of their Los Angeles-area home, at which Jerry's brother Charlie served as his best man. "He gave a speech and he got choked up," the former "Crossing Jordan" star shared. "That was the only time I felt like crying. He's my little brother. As he said in the speech, we shared a bedroom for 30 years. I don't think my mother felt the loss, but my brother did."

The couple didn't have time for a honeymoon, because Rebecca had to report to work at "Ugly Betty" at 8 a.m. the Monday after the wedding, but they did squeeze in a day trip to Ojai, where they relaxed and the bride got a massage.

"I do want to admit, though -- and you can make fun of me all you want -- but I got a little depressed after, because the party was over. I wanted everybody to come back and do the party again," Jerry said.

Included on the guest list were Jerry's new castmates -- Fred Goss, Jerry Minor and Tim Peper. Fred, who has been married for more than a decade, was also a calming influence. "I was a little nervous before my wedding," Jerry admits. "I wasn't ready-to-bolt nervous, but for anybody else who has been married, you get nervous right before you do it. I tell you, Fred Goss had some really good words for me right before I got married. He said, 'Don't be worried about the decision. Don't be worried about the day.'"

Return to “Rebecca Romijn”