napster closing

Romantico
Ultra Member

napster closing

Postby Romantico » Tue Feb 13, 2001 9:24 pm

I heard they have to close down because of big record companies suing them big time!! Now, that would suck, for most people :)!! What do you think napster shutting down? I think napster is great and all but I don't agree on the fact that people can simply copy songs from hardworking artist and song writers, for free and 'with-out' their permission... What do you think?

HairyPirateBooty

Postby HairyPirateBooty » Wed Feb 14, 2001 3:57 pm

I think that if artists actually made songs worth buying the people wouldn't have to just down load it. I listen to a R.Kelly song on Napster and I loved it , so I bought the CD. I bet more people are like me , also.

pussinboots

Postby pussinboots » Wed Feb 14, 2001 5:48 pm

I think if Napster was to arrange a means where you could send a small donation directly to the artist/s for each sample taken..then we could find out who is REALLY behind all this fussing and carry on.

There are just so many people feeding off the talents of others in the music industry. I'm not saying that they don't contribute some in their own right...but at the end of the day too many people are getting large pieces of the pie and costing the average music lover a fortune.

I find mp3's are an excellent means to deciding what CD's to purchase..as at the end of the day I know the CD quality is going to be better. What more do they want..Napster is a great marketing tool! What I think the music industry is worried about is their own greed..and knowing that mp3's will slowely improve in quality and render CD's obsolete. Well..why don't they get their act together and start developing a healthy relationship with Napster? They are fighting a losing battle..they may have won now..but in the long term they are overlooking what lies in the future.

Stupid really=)

Don't panic. There will be plenty more Napster's to come.

All the best,

Pussinboots

Return to “General”