America & France

User avatar
lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty
Posts: 7935
Joined: Tue May 21, 2002 10:47 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Postby lancesgrl » Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:39 am

:lol: :lol: :popcorn: i think i'll just watch this for awhile.... so entertaining! :popcorn: that is.... if you DON'T mind. :lol: :lol: :lol: :popcorn:

User avatar
Claire
Supreme Member
Posts: 1372
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2002 3:32 pm
Location: Europe
Contact:

Postby Claire » Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:01 pm

txnchick wrote:
lancesgrl wrote:
Claire wrote:
I don't make gramatical mistakes, if you mind.


:huh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:wave: hey darkdance!!! so good to see you back again!!! :blowkiss:

That's more a spelling error than a grammatical mistake :lol:


That was irony, if you DON'T mind. :lol:

User avatar
Claire
Supreme Member
Posts: 1372
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2002 3:32 pm
Location: Europe
Contact:

Postby Claire » Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:02 pm

lancesgrl wrote: : i think i'll just watch this for awhile.... so entertaining!


Yeah, just the players are gone.

DarkDance
Member
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2002 6:54 am
Location: Chicago IL/New Orleans LA
Contact:

Postby DarkDance » Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:20 pm

it's a great fun to read this

:wacko:



:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Claire
Supreme Member
Posts: 1372
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2002 3:32 pm
Location: Europe
Contact:

Postby Claire » Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:46 pm

DarkDance wrote:
it's a great fun to read this

:wacko:


And you couldn't find anything else to justify whatever arguments you have? :lol: :lol: :lol:



I am still waiting for the spelling/grammar game to end in order to watch this topic being closed.

User avatar
lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty
Posts: 7935
Joined: Tue May 21, 2002 10:47 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Postby lancesgrl » Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:13 pm

:bored:

User avatar
Milla
Ultra Member
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:53 am
Contact:

Postby Milla » Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:15 pm

txnchick wrote:
I would say that most of us here have satellite TV and the internet.  We have access to virtually everything that's out there.  Also, as you can tell, I'm from Texas.  I would say that a good percentage of us are bilingual, so you don't really have an advantage there.  Point being, we have access to the same information, unless you're channeling some sort of omnipotent being.  

when i said "access", that might have been the wrong word. i'm sorry if you guys misunderstood me. i meant that most true americans, that are not just citizens, mainly depend on english news, which hurts me, because i know that they are, in MY terms, being half blinded because the news is not bias, but sometimes, it is not the whole truth. i am avoiding saiying "bias" because that is a touchy word. and i don't want to fight, just debate. friends, yes? :handshake:  :hug:  :nod: and i was just offering some personal info in my comment, not an offense nor an attempt to make some sort of position-hierchy based on talents and abilities.


I never said anything about nuclear weapons, but I'm not sure who you're quoting.  The only thing I will say is that they have certainly found sufficient evidence that he planned on using chemical weapons.

what is your evidence? bush? powells stupid little broken-record speeches in the past un gatherings? hmmm? please, people, try to listen to other voices. if you knew some of the people i knew, you will see that the ones that have actually traveled, to the middle east and europe usually come back with a totally different idea about the actions taken by the american government. for example, the war on iraq. i used to despise them for their thoughts on this subject, because they thought that it was justified, and all this sort of stuff. this was before the war, the last moments. he traveled to baghdad, and he came back, and the first thing out of his mouth when i saw him again was,"you were right." from that moment on, i stopped thinking that the american people are ignorant, it is just that they live in a somehow-censored (might be too powerful of a word) society. but i appreciate the kindness that comes from you, txnchick. you are not like that at all. you can at least debate, other than a few others who insist on picking on grammatical errors and what not. childish, really. :D

:lol:

User avatar
Milla
Ultra Member
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:53 am
Contact:

Postby Milla » Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:17 pm

i'm sorry, i typed in the wrong place. i beg of you all, please don't start another pointless little argument about typing in the wrong place, as you have about grammar.

User avatar
txnchick
Member
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2003 11:41 am
Contact:

Postby txnchick » Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:35 pm

what is your evidence? bush? powells stupid little broken-record speeches in the past un gatherings? hmmm? please, people, try to listen to other voices.


EVIDENCE is not the same thing as PROOF. You are acting as if I've said that they've proven something. That's not anything I ever said. Basically, I'm just irritated because we all know that something's there - like it or not. U.S. and British troops have found things in Iraq - chemically loaded missiles and whatnot. We've suspected it for a long time, and nobody took it seriously.

User avatar
Milla
Ultra Member
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:53 am
Contact:

Postby Milla » Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:57 pm

back to the same thing......does it still give america the authority to go and start war? you know, it is not the last resort or anything like that?

and please, i am not a follower of saddam. i hate him. yes, he has been one of the worst rulers of all time. it's just that i don't see a need for innnocent people dying, and inoocent people going to war for america. it's not like they show everything on cnn. i've been switching from the recall button from aljazeera and cnn, and i see the same video and stuff, except cnn cuts off all the bad parts. i know, iknow, it's protection and what not, and i agree on that, to not show gorey stuff, etc., but they could at least interview people and talk about little subjects as if there ARE being people killed. did i make sense? if not, please tell me.


and txnchick, i appreciate your manner. thank you. it is nice to see a properly educated person who knows how to debate, not pick on words. :lol:

User avatar
txnchick
Member
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2003 11:41 am
Contact:

Postby txnchick » Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:11 pm

back to the same thing......does it still give america the authority to go and start war? you know, it is not the last resort or anything like that?


What would you have us do? He had been warned, warned, and warned again - for 12 years! Should we give him another 12? Maybe then he could help more terrorist groups? Perhaps gas the capital? Malls? Subways? I don't think we should have to stand around waiting for the worst again.

and please, i am not a follower of saddam. i hate him. yes, he has been one of the worst rulers of all time. it's just that i don't see a need for innnocent people dying, and inoocent people going to war for america. it's not like they show everything on cnn. i've been switching from the recall button from aljazeera and cnn, and i see the same video and stuff, except cnn cuts off all the bad parts. i know, iknow, it's protection and what not, and i agree on that, to not show gorey stuff, etc., but they could at least interview people and talk about little subjects as if there ARE being people killed. did i make sense? if not, please tell me.


I have seen them interview PLENTY of people. Those who support AND those who oppose the coalition. My point of view isn't skewed because of the media! I feel this way because nobody else has a better idea. BTW, as a parent, I am THANKFUL that our networks don't show the gore. If they did, I wouldn't EVER turn on the TV, and my views would be farther right to the nth degree.

User avatar
Milla
Ultra Member
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:53 am
Contact:

Postby Milla » Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:29 pm

txnchick wrote: Maybe then he could help more terrorist groups? Perhaps gas the capital? Malls? Subways? I don't think we should have to stand around waiting for the worst again.

I have seen them interview PLENTY of people. Those who support AND those who oppose the coalition. My point of view isn't skewed because of the media! I feel this way because nobody else has a better idea. BTW, as a parent, I am THANKFUL that our networks don't show the gore. If they did, I wouldn't EVER turn on the TV, and my views would be farther right to the nth degree.

wait, wait, wait. who said they had any for-sure connections with terrorist groups? they didn't show it on american television, but they were interviewing this important political figure (i will not mention her name), and she very strongly refuted with sturdy proof that there are no connections, nor planning. and i'm talking bout the crap powell made up about some guy connected to Al-Qauda (spelling?) and he stayed one night in baghadad or something.

so what i'm getting out of all of this is that war is the only way? doesn't it make you think that america IS doing at least SOMEthing wrong by starting war when basically the whole world is against it? germany, russia, france (god bless them), and china and a HUGE portion of america have all clearly made their point in trying to say that this is wrong. and personally, i think MOST people would agree with me when i say that the bush administration does not usually do what is desired by the american public. as in, they don't care what the people think.

User avatar
txnchick
Member
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2003 11:41 am
Contact:

Postby txnchick » Wed Apr 09, 2003 9:55 am

wait, wait, wait. who said they had any for-sure connections with terrorist groups? they didn't show it on american television, but they were interviewing this important political figure (i will not mention her name), and she very strongly refuted with sturdy proof that there are no connections, nor planning. and i'm talking bout the crap powell made up about some guy connected to Al-Qauda (spelling?) and he stayed one night in baghadad or something.


Well before Colin Powell and his "crap" that you're always talking about, there has been evidence that Saddam has had terrorist ties and has supported terrorism against the U.S. and their allies. (Think back to 1993 when the tower didn't fall)

so what i'm getting out of all of this is that war is the only way? doesn't it make you think that america IS doing at least SOMEthing wrong by starting war when basically the whole world is against it? germany, russia, france (god bless them), and china and a HUGE portion of america have all clearly made their point in trying to say that this is wrong. and personally, i think MOST people would agree with me when i say that the bush administration does not usually do what is desired by the american public. as in, they don't care what the people think.


If you have a better idea, I would love to hear it. It's been a long time coming. It's fairly obvious that something needed to be done. Nobody here ENJOYS going to war. I have direct ties to U.S. servicemen in Iraq, and I would love nothing more than to see them home safely with their families. But right now, that's not reality. MOST people may agree with you on the Bush thing, but according to most U.S. surveys, Bush's approval rating IN THIS COUNTRY is pretty high. So as far as the general American population is concerned, he is doing what the people thought needed to be done. There is going to be opposition to every decision made by every leader. It's the way of the world.

DarkDance
Member
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2002 6:54 am
Location: Chicago IL/New Orleans LA
Contact:

Postby DarkDance » Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:30 pm

and a HUGE portion of america have all clearly made their point in trying to say that this is wrong. and personally, i think MOST people would agree with me when i say that the bush administration does not usually do what is desired by the american public. as in, they don't care what the people think.

"Huge portion" .... "Most people"?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[color=red]The latest CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll asked: "How would you say the war with Iraq has gone for the U.S. so far: very well, moderately well, moderately badly, or very badly?" As the commentator suggested, 34% said "very well." But what he neglected to say was that 51% said it was going "moderately well." Put together, fully EIGHTY-FIVE PERCENT of those polled had a favorable view toward the conduct of the war.[COLOR=red]

By the way, the most recent CBS/NY Times poll--not exactly two news organizations with a reputation for being in the employ of the Bush White House--asked the same question and came up with 84% (32% very well, 52% somewhat well

DarkDance
Member
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2002 6:54 am
Location: Chicago IL/New Orleans LA
Contact:

Postby DarkDance » Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:41 pm

Except for the tantrums of France, Belgium and Germany, only three European nations aren't willing to defend freedom.
The entire rest of Europe is with America.

User avatar
ADRIANA_A
Supreme Member
Posts: 1318
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2002 7:58 am
Contact:

Postby ADRIANA_A » Thu Apr 10, 2003 4:27 am

Having just read this entire thread for the first time, I’m quite appalled (but not altogether too surprised) at the venomous and prejudiced comments made by certain posters.

The fact is that France has done more for America that America cares to remember. But why concern themselves with the facts – americans of Dark dance’s calibre shall remain forever pissed off at the French and will use a process of convenient selection of historical facts to make their case. It’s all about which parts of history suit their cause and those facts that don’t suit them will either be conveniently omitted or at worst totally twisted to form the type of warped opinion that opened this thread in the first place. Then when someone like Laura presents the accurate historical facts, rather than taking it like a man, dark dance resorts to the kind of childish response that would be more apt in a playground full of rednecks.

‘The French are pussies and sissies’ – well what are you? A brave warrior?????? :D Please correct me if I’m wrong, but it’s not your sorry ass out there fighting in Iraq. It’s so easy to be pro-war and loud-mouthed and make comments such as ‘we’re the best’ ‘we’re gonna kick their butts’ ‘don’t mess with us’ when you’re sitting pretty in your homes in front of the tv with a beer can in your hand. Unless you’re on the front line getting your hands dirty, you’ve got no room to talk. If conscription existed in America I wonder how many of you would all be gung-ho then????? So please dark dance, don’t be so modest, you should learn to think more highly of yourself – in future reserve the title of pu*** for yourself. ;)

And to my fellow enlightened Europeans, the only thing we can do in the face of such sheer American arrogance and ignorance, is
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Except for the tantrums of France, Belgium and Germany, only three European nations aren't willing to defend freedom.
The entire rest of Europe is with America.


Keep telling that to yourself mate. And that point I made about selecting what is convenient to you , has been proved even further. Your contempt seems to be reserved for those that dare to disagree with your nation. Wheras those who quite happily hang on you coat tails get a seal of approval. There's a name for people like that. :kiss:

And the fact that you quoted a poll done by CNN of all news channels is laughable all in itself.


Big up to you Shaunt :headbanger: – I know dark dance’s comments aren’t representative of your entire nation and I'm sure mine aren't representative of every single European :shrug:. Laura honey don’t waste your time trying to have an educated discussion with the intellectually disabled likes of dark dance. His quest for pro-war and American ass-kissing crap is very desparate indeed. It's like he's trying to convince himself! The only way to deal with someone of that sort is to sink to their level.

I’m ready to listen to some opinions on these boards being made by educated Americans – but his ignorance is laughable.

User avatar
heloise
Supreme Member
Posts: 3525
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2002 5:09 pm
Contact:

Postby heloise » Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:50 pm

Basically, I'm just irritated because we all know that something's there - like it or not. U.S. and British troops have found things in Iraq - chemically loaded missiles and whatnot. We've suspected it for a long time, and nobody took it seriously.


I try to be calm, seriously but i cant ! Dont you think if iraq had massive arms, they dont already use them ??? Now hussein is problably off and he's not in bagdag, i'm not sure if he had arms, he left the city/country !! if i can help you, nobody take it serioulsy again :lol: I would ask you something : hwy bush attacked iraq ?? the first thing was the for the bomb, the second was the oil (he said to chirac that if he doesn't help usa, chirac wont have oil ! (by the way, i wonder what mental age has bush ! ;) ) the third was and is saddam hussein ! bush stopped search bomb (certainly because he knows there aren't !), he stoped too to kick our ass with oil, and now he wants saddam, died or alive ! but if he searchs like he searchs for bin laden...saddam hussein isn't catch :lol:
Well, who begins a war without know why ? answer : the stupid bush !


What would you have us do? He had been warned, warned, and warned again - for 12 years! Should we give him another 12? Maybe then he could help more terrorist groups? Perhaps gas the capital? Malls? Subways? I don't think we should have to stand around waiting for the worst again.


No ARM so NO PROOVE so NO WAR ! ( it was the first reason of the war, rememberd what i said !)


france (god bless them),


:wub:

so what i'm getting out of all of this is that war is the only way? doesn't it make you think that america IS doing at least SOMEthing wrong by starting war when basically the whole world is against it? germany, russia, france (god bless them), and china and a HUGE portion of america have all clearly made their point in trying to say that this is wrong. and personally, i think MOST people would agree with me when i say that the bush administration does not usually do what is desired by the american public. as in, they don't care what the people think.


well, if you add all the manifestation all around the world, but there is a big gap between governement and population !!

Well before Colin Powell and his "crap" that you're always talking about, there has been evidence that Saddam has had terrorist ties and has supported terrorism against the U.S. and their allies. (Think back to 1993 when the tower didn't fall)


Do u ever say something without proove ??? where are your evidence ???There are absolutly no proove that Iarq had/have groups terrorits and as Saddam wasn't so religious, i'm sure he hasn't do anything for the tower !

If you have a better idea, I would love to hear it. It's been a long time coming.


If you think about the massive arm : LISTEN De Villepin, he said some thing about war, peace, irq and arm ! :D
If you think about saddam : i dotn sure it has any other solution !


Except for the tantrums of France, Belgium and Germany, only three European nations aren't willing to defend freedom.
The entire rest of Europe is with America.


Well, I haven't the figures of all the people who are against war : british, french, spanish, german, italian, Polish, Greek, etc... well, it's not the gov, only the population, I'm sure you didn't think everybody follows you ??? B) :lol:

The French are pussies and sissies’ – well what are you? A brave warrior??????  Please correct me if I’m wrong, but it’s not your sorry ass out there fighting in Iraq. It’s so easy to be pro-war and loud-mouthed and make comments such as ‘we’re the best’ ‘we’re gonna kick their butts’ ‘don’t mess with us’ when you’re sitting pretty in your homes in front of the tv with a beer can in your hand. Unless you’re on the front line getting your hands dirty, you’ve got no room to talk. If conscription existed in America I wonder how many of you would all be gung-ho then????? So please dark dance, don’t be so modest, you should learn to think more highly of yourself – in future reserve the title of pu*** for yourself.


Thanks Adriana ! it's exactly what i think ! but dnt be so hard with them, they're too fat in order to do war !! :lol: . My mom said me that the amercan gov promised to the emigrate that if they do the war, they'll have the green card, well if they come back at home ;) ....and more, they promise to pay some studing for the poor who wants do war ! well, if they come back too ;)

I listen Rumsteak (rumsfeld) to say that he doen'st meet and know Saddam Hussein ! HERE there are proove that he knows him, real pics !!

User avatar
txnchick
Member
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2003 11:41 am
Contact:

Postby txnchick » Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:59 pm

heloise wrote: Thanks Adriana ! it's exactly what i think ! but dnt be so hard with them, they're too fat in order to do war !! :lol: . My mom said me that the amercan gov promised to the emigrate that if they do the war, they'll have the green card, well if they come back at home ;) ....and more, they promise to pay some studing for the poor who wants do war ! well, if they come back too ;)

I see we're back to the silly insults and stupid comments. You know, we were actually having a pretty civil discussion over here until you came back. But I've decided to cut you some slack. I can tell by the "my mommy says" comment that you're much too young and immature to formulate an educated opinion about any of this. Come back when you grow up.

User avatar
lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty
Posts: 7935
Joined: Tue May 21, 2002 10:47 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Postby lancesgrl » Thu Apr 10, 2003 3:07 pm

i stared to attempt to reply, but decided, as you did txnchick, that it wasn't worth it. i couldn't decipher one single point that was worth arguing or validating. it was all just too rediculous. :shrug:

User avatar
heloise
Supreme Member
Posts: 3525
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2002 5:09 pm
Contact:

Postby heloise » Thu Apr 10, 2003 3:30 pm

Speak with my mom about that doens't mean i am immature, it's just mean that i speak with er about that, she watched and read news everyday and she's not ignorant and more clever than u'll never be, she has knowledge and she's sure of what she says (not like some here)! I dont get why you do so much mistake, if you dont want i come back, why do u say something about my dear mother ??? :o and you dont know what's my age !! I wouldn't come here again but some person ask me to post here ! certainly because your " pretty civil discussion " was a little boring !

I’m ready to listen to some opinions on these boards being made by educated Americans – but his ignorance is laughable.
And to my fellow enlightened Europeans, the only thing we can do in the face of such sheer American arrogance and ignorance, is            


When i say something, u fight me, when it's other, you shut up ! and for the first time i didn't insult you, just your gov ! but if your too touchy :unsure: . I'm not against all the american, but against all the american governement !and it's funny but all the other american i know like me a lot and even are against the war...

I already said that I hate when people dict what I must do, I'll post here if i want and if you dont want, that's your prob !it's not your forum ! left it if your not happy, promise, i'll not cry !

User avatar
txnchick
Member
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2003 11:41 am
Contact:

Postby txnchick » Thu Apr 10, 2003 3:59 pm

I dont get why you do so much mistake, if you dont want i come back, why do u say something about my dear mother ???  and you dont know what's my age !! I wouldn't come here again but some person ask me to post here ! certainly because your " pretty civil discussion " was a little boring !


As usual, your interpretation of my statement is COMPLETELY WRONG. I never said anything about your mother, sweetie. I said something about you. I can tell by your know-it-all attitude and childish posts that you aren't over the age of 18.

QUOTE  
I’m ready to listen to some opinions on these boards being made by educated Americans – but his ignorance is laughable.
And to my fellow enlightened Europeans, the only thing we can do in the face of such sheer American arrogance and ignorance, is            

When i say something, u fight me, when it's other, you shut up ! and for the first time i didn't insult you, just your gov ! but if your too touchy  . I'm not against all the american, but against all the american governement !and it's funny but all the other american i know like me a lot and even are against the war...


I didn't find the previous statement at all insulting, which would be why I had nothing to say about it. I believe that calling us "fat-asses" (very original by the way - I haven't seen that one about 5 times on this board already. If you're half as smart as you think you are, you'll be able to come up with something new - give it a shot) is a direct insult.

And ONCE AGAIN to all of you on this board that have taken such an Anti-American, Anti-war stance - COME UP WITH A BETTER IDEA. When you do that, maybe we'll listen to what you have to say.

User avatar
lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty
Posts: 7935
Joined: Tue May 21, 2002 10:47 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Postby lancesgrl » Thu Apr 10, 2003 4:02 pm

heloise wrote:Thanks Adriana ! it's exactly what i think ! but dnt be so hard with them, they're too fat in order to do war !!  :lol: .



for the first time i didn't insult you


i'm sorry... what??????? you didn't insult? then what exactly is this???? maybe you should review your previous posts to avoid such contradictions. :nod:

just a thought....

User avatar
lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty
Posts: 7935
Joined: Tue May 21, 2002 10:47 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Postby lancesgrl » Thu Apr 10, 2003 4:03 pm

awww txnchick!!! <_< you beat me to the post!!!! :lol: :lol: we must have been typing at the very same time!!! :thumbup:

User avatar
Milla
Ultra Member
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:53 am
Contact:

Postby Milla » Thu Apr 10, 2003 4:17 pm

can we forget all the posts of the past, and just keep proceeding? this is pathetic! damn! come on!

it's not even worth arguing over the same frickin' things anymore. i won't bother. and it looks like that was the goal of some of the persons here.

User avatar
heloise
Supreme Member
Posts: 3525
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2002 5:09 pm
Contact:

Postby heloise » Thu Apr 10, 2003 4:44 pm

just say "mommy" is for me a way to speak about her so just ignore her, it'll eb great plz and dont call me sweety ! and it's wrong about my age !

well, ok, i din't realize that i insulted u, but it always come and fat ass is right, in france, we use often : only the truth hurts! and shaunt isn't hurt when i say fat ass! :rolleyes:

I agree milla! when i post something, they always reply with insult but never reply to my post !

User avatar
lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty
Posts: 7935
Joined: Tue May 21, 2002 10:47 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Postby lancesgrl » Thu Apr 10, 2003 5:07 pm

if there was anything worth replying to, then maybe you'd get one. :shrug:

User avatar
Milla
Ultra Member
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:53 am
Contact:

Postby Milla » Sat Apr 12, 2003 9:41 pm

get one what?

User avatar
JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member
Posts: 3204
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:58 pm
Location: Scotland aka Haggisland
Contact:

Postby JT Fan Girl » Sun Apr 13, 2003 7:44 am

Milla wrote: get one what?

A reply.

User avatar
Milla
Ultra Member
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:53 am
Contact:

Postby Milla » Sun Apr 13, 2003 7:31 pm

oh. whatever.

User avatar
ADRIANA_A
Supreme Member
Posts: 1318
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2002 7:58 am
Contact:

Postby ADRIANA_A » Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:24 am

And ONCE AGAIN to all of you on this board that have taken such an Anti-American, Anti-war stance - COME UP WITH A BETTER IDEA. When you do that, maybe we'll listen to what you have to say.


This comment suprises me: there's no anti-americanism on my part despite what you're preconveived opinions on that may be, but yes it is about being anti-war.

Just because we didn't agree with this war, and YOU did, that means we're not worth listening to? Is this the kind of democracy you're exporting to iraq. So you will dismiss our opinions just because we don't agree with them?
I wholehearteadly support America's stance on ridding this man, I really do - I just didn't agree with you on how you wentt about it. I think in the long run, the so called 'war on terriorism' will never acheive the end-result that it wants with these pre-emptive strikes.

Some posts are childish and insulting: but in denfense of those individauls, English is their second language so maybe it doesn't always come out looking too good. A lot of them are angry. I hvae been to Israel and Palestine and considering Milla is a Palestinian, I can very much undderstand where her anger comes from in regards to America.

To be anti-war, particularly considering I work part-time in a school full of young children, is the most logical stance to take. Sure we don't like Saddam, he is a bad man and he should be removed, but I don't even know how to explain the logic of what is happening in this world, to young kids.
Basically, the moral of this whole event has been: violence is an acceptable means of resolving conflict? It just seems the world has gone back to square one and that violence and destruction will always be acceptable.

User avatar
Helena
Abstracts Royalty
Posts: 5405
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2000 4:45 pm
Location: Ontario Canada
Contact:

Postby Helena » Sun May 04, 2003 1:01 am

The war has brought out alot of emotions but do we really need to nitpick and call each other names based on lose sterotypes?

Wait, I am fulfilling one by being the ver peace maker

User avatar
ADRIANA_A
Supreme Member
Posts: 1318
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2002 7:58 am
Contact:

Postby ADRIANA_A » Sun May 04, 2003 2:55 pm

I am in agreement Helena,

but if you read the third post in this thread attacking the French, using unbelieveable insulting stereotypes, , it's quite clear who started it. Anything after that has been retaliation.

It's not very mature I agree, but that's the nature of some folk...... tit for tat

User avatar
Helena
Abstracts Royalty
Posts: 5405
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2000 4:45 pm
Location: Ontario Canada
Contact:

Postby Helena » Sun May 04, 2003 4:45 pm

In the end, does not matter WHO started WHAT, just be the bigger person and walk away

User avatar
WHITE-POWER
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 4:34 am
Contact:

Postby WHITE-POWER » Sun May 04, 2003 5:04 pm

Hello peacemaker,

It's not about being the bigger person - it's about having the last word. That's the underlying sentiment that causes arguments and conflicts to continue for as long as they do. Reserve your mum talk for warmongers such as america and israel....see if it works.

And it is very significant who initiated it: those american instigators who had some colourful things to say about the French are the same ones whining about the anti-american rants being made by yours truly. It's calld hypocrisy. It's called being able to dish it, but not being able to take it.

And I'm from North London if it interests you greatly.

User avatar
Helena
Abstracts Royalty
Posts: 5405
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2000 4:45 pm
Location: Ontario Canada
Contact:

Postby Helena » Sun May 04, 2003 5:51 pm

Was simply curious as to where a person like yourself would hail from.

I actually don't give a sh** about all of these fights over who started what or even what was said, abstracts is a fun place to be and I hate to see this type of crap here. Surely we are capable of debates without all of this nonsense?

But clearly the debate has been reduced to this sh**

User avatar
WHITE-POWER
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 4:34 am
Contact:

Postby WHITE-POWER » Sun May 04, 2003 7:16 pm

actually don't give a sh** about all of these fights over who started what or even what was said


So exactly what WAS your point then for God's sake?

Surely we are capable of debates without all of this nonsense


Admist all the name calling serious issues have been brought up if you bothered reading a little bit more closely. And would this be the same 'nonsense' that in your second sentence you profess that you 'don't actually really give a sh** about' anyway???? Why are you causing yourself needless stress by getting involved in something that you don't really care about anyway?

And if you're that passionate, start debating then. You obviously consider yourself more sensible than the rest of us, so why don't you show us how to debate properly? I'd love to hear your opinions about the war and the double standards over israel and if you feel comfortable and content having your tax money go towards funding violence that is killing non-american babies. I would love to hear your thoughts...... I really would. :rolleyes:

and I hate to see this type of crap here.


If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Stick to the forums which your sensitive soul can cope with.

But clearly the debate has been reduced to this sh**


:lol: This is what makes me laugh - these kind of comments were never made when certain american posters started slinging mud - as I have already mentioned with the anti-French post - but as soon as a retaliation is made, in the same way, whinging people like you crawl out of the woodwork and start lecturing us all about the immaturity and wrongness of it all.

This particular thread was opened with a pile of plagirised sh** to begin with which degenerated into vicious abuse - it set a precedent ...... so do yourself a favour, go aim your one sided pointless retorts at darkdance if you're capable enough, then come back and criticise me.

Typical .... real typical.

User avatar
Helena
Abstracts Royalty
Posts: 5405
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2000 4:45 pm
Location: Ontario Canada
Contact:

Postby Helena » Sun May 04, 2003 8:32 pm

I'd love to hear your opinions about the war and the double standards over israel and if you feel comfortable and content having your tax money go towards funding violence that is killing non-american babies. I would love to hear your thoughts...... I really would.  



Don't be such an ass to assume that most posters on this board are from America. My tax dollars are not going to the war because my governement and country did not go to war

This is what makes me laugh - these kind of comments were never made when certain american posters started slinging mud - as I have already mentioned with the anti-French post - but as soon as a retaliation is made, in the same way, whinging people like you crawl out of the woodwork and start lecturing us all about the immaturity and wrongness of it all.

This particular thread was opened with a pile of plagirised sh** to begin with which degenerated into vicious abuse - it set a precedent ...... so do yourself a favour, go aim your one sided pointless retorts at darkdance if you're capable enough, then come back and criticise me.

Typical .... real typical.


Nothing about me sides with any American or any nation on this board whin it comes to these types of debates. Clearly any type of sentiment would be lost on a heartless poster like yourself. I can't name calling when it comes to standing up for ones country, regardless of who started or who you believe deserves to have the last word

User avatar
WHITE-POWER
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 4:34 am
Contact:

Postby WHITE-POWER » Sun May 04, 2003 9:00 pm

Don't be such an ass to assume that most posters on this board are from America


I don't assume .... and now who's name calling? :rolleyes:

My tax dollars are not going to the war because my governement and country did not go to war


In all honesty, the tax isn't entirely the issue - it's more to do with those countries - who despite not funding an illegitimate state - just sit back and do nothing.

Clearly any type of sentiment would be lost on a heartless poster like yourself


That's it girl - sink to my level. it's fun down here. :laughup: And believe me, I ain't heartless.....I'm just a product of my society. I don't see alot of sympathy, love or peace going on in the world. That's the card I'm going to play.

regardless of who started or who you believe deserves to have the last word


I've responded to this twice now....you're just rehashing the same comment over and over again.

Who started it is very relevant - to every action there is an equal opposite reaction e.g the so-called creation of the 'war on terrorism'

Who has the last word is very relevant - e.g the war on Iraq

Arguments, conflict are all based on who started what and who gets the upper hand.

Maybe you can't name call, but being the 'ass' that I am, I can and I most certainly will. If you don't like it, you know what to do.......

User avatar
laura l
Supreme Member
Posts: 2690
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2002 12:23 pm
Contact:

Postby laura l » Sun May 04, 2003 9:26 pm

Helena wrote: My tax dollars are not going to the war because my governement and country did not go to war

but you wish they had though. I remember reading http://abstracts.net/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=47&t=22149&st=0these threads and being surprised that you, who always preaches none violence, the peace maker - were "disgusted" that you PM wouldn't adhere to this war.

User avatar
WHITE-POWER
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 4:34 am
Contact:

Postby WHITE-POWER » Sun May 04, 2003 9:34 pm

Helena Posted: Mar 20 2003, 03:51 AM  


I am disgusted by my wimpy Prime Minister. My country should be there.



:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Peace maker was it you called yourself???????????

The fact that you perceive your PM as a'wimp' for not going to war shows your stupidity in all its glory.
So MR BUSH - whom i can't remember seeing on the front line with a gun - is some kind of brave warrior then?

You armchair warriors really need to sort yourselves out. Your hypocrisises are beginning to give me a headache. You all believe in war, but aren't willing to get off your 'patriotic ' backsides and actually go out there and defend your nations personally. Much easier to wave a flag isn't it? Doesn't hurt that way.

And Helena, some advice : next time you attempt to walk in and teach us some kind of morality, at least have the brain to remember what you have previously written.

Otherwise, you just end up making the grin on my face become even bigger :rolleyes:

User avatar
Helena
Abstracts Royalty
Posts: 5405
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2000 4:45 pm
Location: Ontario Canada
Contact:

Postby Helena » Sun May 04, 2003 9:37 pm

Hell yea and I don't deny it. The question was not what I thought of the war but whether my tax dollars was going to the war.

I believe and still do that my PM should have given the okay to go to war. He is a fool and I can't stand him. Yet, what exactly would we have brought to the war, one ship, two planes?

I am no innocent and I do sink to the level of name calling. Abstracts is one of the few places online where bickering is not common. Jeff keeps an open mind and rarely locks posts due to conflict. I would simply like to keep it that way.

And Helena, some advice : next time you attempt to walk in and teach us some kind of morality, at least have the brain to remember what you have previously written.

Otherwise, you just end up making the grin on my face become even bigger


Whatever. I do not deny nor forget what I typed. But A for effort.

User avatar
WHITE-POWER
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 4:34 am
Contact:

Postby WHITE-POWER » Sun May 04, 2003 9:42 pm

You can't deny it considering it's in print. (roll eyes)

believe and still do that my PM should have given the okay to go to war


Then by that remark, you would've been happy to let your tax dollars fund a war that you believe your PM should've supported?

Yet, what exactly would we have brought to the war, one ship, two planes?


If that's all you would've contributed, then no wonder your PM didn't feel your nation was capable of going to war!!! SO WHY ARE YOU SO MAD AT HIM ABOUT IT???????????????

(God , how old are you?)

Nothing about me sides with any American or any nation


Do you want to look over that comment again?

do sink to the level of name calling


Would've never guessed it considering your initial post on this forum.....

Abstracts is one of the few places online where bickering is not common


Profound(!)

I would simply like to keep it that way


WHAT WAS THE POINT OF YOU POSTING HERE THEN???

Congratulations, you wasted a few hours of your life by just simply contradicting, going back and forth.....

Really wasn't worth it.

User avatar
Helena
Abstracts Royalty
Posts: 5405
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2000 4:45 pm
Location: Ontario Canada
Contact:

Postby Helena » Sun May 04, 2003 9:44 pm

Rolls eyes, no doubt I am older than you. Keep believing that only you are right and that your way of thought is the only right path.

User avatar
laura l
Supreme Member
Posts: 2690
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2002 12:23 pm
Contact:

Postby laura l » Sun May 04, 2003 9:49 pm

Helena wrote: Rolls eyes, no doubt I am older than you. Keep believing that only you are right and that your way of thought is the only right path.

That's the problem with all the other pro-war members who posted here. You come, you criticise, call names, and when asked to voice an opinion with some arguments you just step back and with the traditional "oh, well, you'll never accept anyone else's opinion" and you bow out.....for heaven's sake tell us what you think and give some arguments before saying no one wants to accept it or respect it, please. I want some debate I want to talk with people who disagree with me to understand more your reasonning, seems like none of you is capable of thinking properly.

User avatar
Helena
Abstracts Royalty
Posts: 5405
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2000 4:45 pm
Location: Ontario Canada
Contact:

Postby Helena » Sun May 04, 2003 9:56 pm

Either way, if one states their opinion, they are lashed out against by the other group. Your one of the few that don't always name call yet its rare. Me? I name call its true, but its something I really try not to do.

User avatar
WHITE-POWER
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 4:34 am
Contact:

Postby WHITE-POWER » Sun May 04, 2003 10:00 pm

Rolls eyes, no doubt I am older than you.


You show no signs of it Justin Timberlake fan.

[QUOTE]Keep believing that only you are right and that your way of thought is the only right path.[QUOTE]

:lol: :lol: :lol: TYPICAL CHILDISH RESPONSE.

Of course I think i'm right. darkdance thinks he's right, laura thinks she's right, adriana think she's right, Milla think she's riught, txanchick thinks she's right, lancesgrl thinks she's right.

EVERYBODY THINKS THEY'RE RIGHT.......and that includes you.

Everyone follows their own path in accordance with what they believe is right. Why do you think the world i so f***ed up??? EVERYBODY thinks that THEIR opinion is the right one.

For God's sake, I totally agree with laura and adriana - when you've been backed into a corner and your hypocrisies are there in broad daylight to see - YOU COME OUT WITH SUCH sh** to hide the fact that YOU SIMPLY DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO SAY.

And again, f*** wether you're older than me or not - the fact remains you have managed to make a hypocrite out of yourself the entire time I have unfortunately come to know who you are. Not once, admist your rantings about being mature, did you ever provide any personal opinion on political matters.... apart from 'my PM is a wimp' God, that's clever(!) Round of applause for you.

If you had attempted to make some kind of educated comment - even it was opposing - maye you'd get a better reaction.

Anyway, I'm through with you. Hypocrite. She's all yours laura.

User avatar
Helena
Abstracts Royalty
Posts: 5405
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2000 4:45 pm
Location: Ontario Canada
Contact:

Postby Helena » Sun May 04, 2003 10:08 pm

You brought age into dude, not me.

If you had attempted to make some kind of educated comment - even it was opposing - maye you'd get a better reaction.


I don't want to share my opinion, nor do I have to. Especially to someone that kept calling Americans hillbillies. Nice, Justin Timberlake jab.

Thank god your through with me

User avatar
WHITE-POWER
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 4:34 am
Contact:

Postby WHITE-POWER » Sun May 04, 2003 10:12 pm

AGAIN - WHY DID YOU BOTHER EVEN MAKING A COMMENT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

The only reason you don't want to share your opinion with me, laura or anybody else, is because you simply don't have one. It's ok, we understand............

And you don't want to 'especially' conisdering my term for americans.

Get over it loser, there are worse names to be used. Stop acting so goddamn sensitive - for someone who professes she too sinks to name calling, I'm sure you've come across worse.


See ya and I most definetly wouldn't wanna be ya. :goodbye:

User avatar
Helena
Abstracts Royalty
Posts: 5405
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2000 4:45 pm
Location: Ontario Canada
Contact:

Postby Helena » Sun May 04, 2003 10:16 pm

Now you have offically pissed me the f*** off. Never mind, I am out


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest