An American Christmas In France

DarkDance

Postby DarkDance » Mon Mar 24, 2003 9:30 pm

A couple of days ago I read some of the things the French were saying about Americans on these message boards and it pissed me off.
But today everything changed for me.

It was after I read that "oops Oscar" topic thing on here.

I know some of you other Americans have been feeling pissed off too, and I'd like for all of you to take a few minutes to read it and see if you don't feel as sympathetic toward the French as I do right now.

Ok, yeah, maybe it is too boring to read the whole damn thing.
I'd like to point out a few of the really sad quotes:

-         "This event is like Christmas for us and now
              they will ruin it for us.
             It's like bombing on Christmas day."

Man! So she's saying the American Oscar Awards are like Christmas to France ?
Wow, that place sounds even sadder than I imagined.
Makes you feel bad.
I mean we have the Oscars AND Christmas AND we get to live in the country that these girls are so obsessed with jealousy over they have to b*tch about it on the message board all the time..
......you know, it almost makes you feel like we should take some of our abundant American dollars and maybe send them little Oscar figurines or something like that, you know - to kind of brighten their lives.

-    "I don't think many celebs will have the balls to
    make  an anti-war speech. ............
     You have the Madonna style celebrity who sticks
    to what she said and sh**s on anyone dissing her,
     and you have the kiss-ass-Will-Smith prototype,
    who just follows the trend, so when it's time to
     diss  the French (for example), then he
      contributes  with his own self-made anti-french joke. "

This one made me so sad.
She loves her American celebrities so much that she tries to make herself believe that the only reason they aren't saying they agree with her country's p*ssy position is because they are kissing up to the media.
If she agrees with Madonna, that means Madonna speaks her mind.
If she disagrees with Will Smith, that means Will Smith is afraid to say what he thinks.
AND REMEMBER GUYS, you're hearing this from a girl who lives in a country where her own government will FINE her if she says anything bad about their president.
Sad huh?

-      "The movie industry isn't connected with the war issue. "

This is my favorite statement ..... uh ..... I meant this is by far the saddest statement.
In case any of you are having trouble understanding the meaning here, I'll explain
What she's saying is this:
'We French have been fed so much propaganda by our government that we've even learned to cook and eat our own lies.
We love all things American, that's why we aren't on some website about sissy French celebs right now.
We hate ourselves for this, and the only thing we can do about it is try to disconnect the America we love so much from the America we like to b*tch about.

-          "The ceremony should happen.
          No matter that politics tried to sabotage it,
          it's a  symbol of the movie industry and to
           casncel it  would mean that we agree with the
           US  policy

(Uh, ok yeah - I just included this last one because it's so damn funny)
So, did she think THEY were making the decision to go forward with the award ceremony?
hahahah :lol:
THANK GOD THE FRENCH DIDN'T CANCEL THE OSCARS!!
(I mean "casncel it" - is that French?) :lol:
... because as soon as America read the news we all would have been like:
"Ah ha! So those little French wussys actually do agree with our policies!!
:P hahahahah

WhiteTrash

Postby WhiteTrash » Tue Mar 25, 2003 8:28 am

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Tue Mar 25, 2003 9:04 am

DarkDance wrote:
-    "I don't think many celebs will have the balls to
    make  an anti-war speech. ............
     You have the Madonna style celebrity who sticks
    to what she said and sh**s on anyone dissing her,
     and you have the kiss-ass-Will-Smith prototype,
    who just follows the trend, so when it's time to
     diss  the French (for example), then he
      contributes  with his own self-made anti-french joke. "

This one made me so sad.
She loves her American celebrities so much that she tries to make herself believe that the only reason they aren't saying they agree with her country's p*ssy position is because they are kissing up to the media.
If she agrees with Madonna, that means Madonna speaks her mind.
If she disagrees with Will Smith, that means Will Smith is afraid to say what he thinks.
AND REMEMBER GUYS, you're hearing this from a girl who lives in a country where her own government will FINE her if she says anything bad about their president.
Sad huh?

- Glad I made you sad. my pleasure :)

- Only this quote is mine. The others are Chantoir and Claire, and neither of them is French. I'm the only French who wasted her time with you. But I don't mind, you're welcome

- What I said about Smith and Madonna, is my point of view, you don't have to agree. I'll respect your freedom and let you have your own opinion about them, can you respect mine? :lol:

- Every day there are TV shows insulting the sh** out of CHirac, they've been doing it for years. It's national TV, and you get the program for free, and it's at a time when everyone watches TV. The show is still on....about the fines :)

For someone who doesn't care about "little france" you seem to be really obsessed: get over us.
(I mean "casncel it" - is that French?)

je te laisse deviner. Apres tout un ricain, ca sait tout. Et dire que je pourrais t'insulter sans que tu en ais la moindre idee :lol:

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Tue Mar 25, 2003 10:49 am

- What I said about Smith and Madonna, is my point of view, you don't have to agree. I'll respect your freedom and let you have your own opinion about them, can you respect mine?

that might be possible... if you yourself demonstrated an ounce of respect for someone else's opinions. seeing as that hasn't happened yet, i doubt you'll get the response you are looking for.

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Tue Mar 25, 2003 12:13 pm

I'm not the one who started posting sh** about another nation Katie. I've been discussing wars with other people and on other boards without ever fighting with anyone, so I know the problem does not come from me. :D

txnchick

Postby txnchick » Tue Mar 25, 2003 2:12 pm

I believe the problem actually began with YOU calling people "uneducated" and "closed-minded" for not sharing your opinion. If you have a problem with the reaction to those remarks that you've received on this board, go back to the others boards.

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Tue Mar 25, 2003 2:39 pm

^ ^ my goodness.... :o yet again, it appears that someone else has surfaced who isn't buying into your crap, laura. :shrug: hmmm. :thinking:

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Wed Mar 26, 2003 3:48 am

I am definitely not French and I don't have any French connection. I have no idea how you've made that conclusion. :lol: Anything you said personally about me I find abusive but I understand. Just do not mess up with the movie industry issue, I advise you not to try to bother me about it anymore. The fact that I am pro-American on some issues doesn't mean I'm gonna tolerate people who have forgotten to behave themselves, just because they are American.

DarkDance

Postby DarkDance » Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:33 am

A blind rabbit met a blind snake.
Neither had any idea what they were because they were both blind.
"Let me help you figure it out" said the snake.
He touched the rabbit and said "You have fur, long ears, fluffy tail; I'm pretty sure you're a rabbit".
The rabbit said "Maybe I can help you too"
He touched the snake and he said "Humm ... you have a forked tongue, no balls, and no backbone .... you must be French"

If it acts like it's French :cry:
And runs like it's French :sprint:

MIGHT AS WELL BE FRENCH!!!!
hahahahahh

Anything you said personally about me I find abusive
:whip:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:29 pm

DarkDance wrote: If it acts like it's French
And runs like it's French

MIGHT AS WELL BE FRENCH!

Well, I still kind of don't understand. Maybe because I haven't met any French people. But I really cannot get what you mean. Can you enlighten me on the subject? And is this something personal that you have against the French nation? I'm interested, cause I was really surprised that you took me for French, I don't know in what way exactly I resemble them! :lol: It sounded kinda funny to me. Take care! ;)

Return to “General”