What Do You Look For In Your Soulmate?

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:27 pm

Hey ppl,

I was wondering what do you look for in your soulmate?
Please Reply!!!!! :D

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:46 pm

oh man.... this is gonna sound so cynnical, but i don't believe in "soul mates." i think love at first sight is possible, i even think that it is possible to be with one person for your whole life... but... i don't think a soul mate exists on this plane in this life. i believe your soul mate exists on a different plane entirely -- in another life beyond this one.

it's hard to explain in exact terms. but i can tell you what i look for in a significant other tho.... :nod:

*a person who loves you for ALL of you -- even when you look nasty and you're all sick and gross with the flu or you go completely neurotic because your cat dies and you think that you can't go on... :lol:

*a person who is responsible and has similar goals in life.

*a person who is attractive to you, not only on the outside, but also on the inside.

*a person who is resonably patient.

*a person who is compassionate.

*a person who knows how to pick their battles in a relationship and doesn't become instantly wounded or defensive at the first sign of an argument.

*a person who loves kids and animals. (for some reason that sounds very hippie-ish when i read it, but still is something i look for. :P )

*a person with some similar interests.

*someone that won't put you down.

*someone who you can trust.... ex. someone who will never stray, who you can share ANY secret with.... etc...

*someone who understands that time with your separate friends is just as important as time together. i.e. girls nite out and guys nite out are necessary things. (this involves the trust issue too.)

there are so many..... :freaked: i could sit here and list and list and list and list!!!! :D those are some of the top qualities i look for tho.... :P

marine*
Supreme Member

Postby marine* » Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:51 pm

yep...i also think that the "one and only" person in ones lifes doesnt really
exist!!!i meanfor some couples i turns out like that but this may be 1% or
somthing ! i think real love can happen more often than just one time...
[huh that also means that it can break more than one time and leaves you
in an awful pain!]
i think people often miss the point when it comes to differentiate between
>being attracted [by looks, cars, boobs, money, whatever]< AND >falling in LOVE!!!<
but then if the discover that all those material show off sh** doesnt cover
a bad personality they're disappointed...i see that on my friends a lot!!!
OK...the first thing you can be attracted by if you dont know a person
is eyes,a smile etc. cause there are no X-rays for personalities...
but if there's not that feeling in your stomach that leaves you breath and speechless...i wouldnt go for it just to have a relationship going on!
i'd rather stay alone
{im madly in love at the moment and it feels like the first time when i was like
12 years old but 10 times worse...i dont even know him very good but he means a f***in' LOT to me...so i think this my first time im really really in love}

i totally agree with all the things that lancesgrl pointed out!!!
you will see with time if he/she has those things or not...
but since the perfect match rarely exists you'll have to learn to get along with some bad habits if the good outweighs the bad!!!

so im not going to add more points cause none can even fullfill ALL these everytime!!!

just one *wait for a person that makes you stay up at night and breathless
not someone you think you can play a littl with...thats waste of time

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Fri Apr 25, 2003 5:08 am

I dont really belive in soul mates.

Basically when im looking for a girlfriend I look for:

*Someone I can trust
*Someone I can relate to

*Someone who likes the same things as me: Skateboardin, Music, Games and TV.

*Someone with nice eyes (sounds stupid i know!)

*Someone my family likes

*someone i like, thier personality and looks.

*someone who is patient coz im EXTREMELY PATIENT!!

*Someone who isnt moody

*someone who isnt lazy

*someone as crazy as me

*someone playful

someone who hasnt got annoyin little habbits.

BASICALLY SOMEONE LIKE ME!!

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Fri Apr 25, 2003 5:09 am

AAHH I ALSO FORGOT,

someone who likes animals like me but doesnt want kids

HAHA I HATE KIDS! they are so....annoying

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:02 am

oh now kicka$$ -- you only say that now. truthfully, other people's kids annoy me for the most part. there are VERY few kids besides my own that don't irritate me -- and even every now and then, my kiddo gets on my last nerve. :lol: but don't count out kids altogether. they're great!!! :D

wow! i'm glad i'm not the only one who doesn't believe in the soul mate thing. i figured you'd all think i was horribly cynnical. :lol: as i was reading marine's post, i was remembering all of the times i was taken in by the good looks thing, and then was eventually disappointed when i realized that good looks was all he had to offer. <_<

and you know what else just kills me? when you meet someone and they're everything great.... they take you out, they're polite, they're caring, concerned, a good listener, patient, sweet.... etc etc etc... and then 6 months go by and BOOM.... over. they turn whiney, the could care less what you're talking about, you do nothing, you go nowhere, you get attitude, moodiness and just plain crap. SO.... my solution to this????

(don't laugh, i really did this) i tell the guy up front, after the first few dates -- "you know how when you first meet someone new and you like them and you're basically out to impress them -- just like you're doing now with me?" date says "yeah." i say "well, i appreciate that. i really do. but i want you to decide sometime within the next week or so, what exactly what level of all this you can maintain... not for just the next few weeks or months, but the level of wonderful you can be permanently. when you decide this, do it. don't go overboard with me. just be at a realistic level. because there's nothing more disappointing than to realize that you've been fooled by all of this 'making a good impression' stuff."

now.... some guys hate this. :lol: and with good reason. it is very blunt, but that's just the way i am. so obviously the guys that hated this didn't last too long. BUT the ones who didn't hate me for saying this actually really understood what i was trying to say, felt less pressured and lasted a lot longer in the relationship. :shrug: and it was cool. and the last person i said this to -- i married him. :)

marine*
Supreme Member

Postby marine* » Sun Apr 27, 2003 12:11 pm

whooo...i mean i always try to stay away from that "making-a-good-impression" thing in my behaviour...i like to shock a littl at first to see if theyre
still interested.with the right people around i turn a littl lunatic and im not afraid to let him see that....

but what lancesgrl said: thats a great idea ,i always try to get them to be themselves but i never thought of just askin for it...thats so damn logical

THANXXX FOR ADVISE!!!

the boy im in love with right now has seen me at my best and worst in looks and behaviour!!!and hes always nice and cute with me but also very shy...
he's not pretending to be the guy of guys and i think with time he'll just show more and more of his everyday personality...

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:21 pm

marine, you're so lucky. aaaahhhh...V-MAN.......

marine*
Supreme Member

Postby marine* » Wed Apr 30, 2003 10:25 pm

yeah....still V-man..........huh...i gettin addicted!!!

log on to msn please!!!...until now there wasnt just one disturbing thing about him...a few missunderstandings yet...but they turned out to make him more lovely!!! :D :D :D

Return to “General”