Why Did The Chicken Cross The Road

ADRIANA_A
Supreme Member

Postby ADRIANA_A » Sun May 18, 2003 8:55 pm

I found this amusing .... thought i'd share...

SAEED AL SAHAF - Iraqi Head of Information The chicken did not cross
> >the road. This is a complete fabrication. We do not even have a chicken.
> >
> >GEORGE W BUSH We don't care why the chicken crossed the road. We just
> >want to know if the chicken is on our side of the road or not. The
> >chicken is either for us or against us. There is no middle ground.
> >
> >COLIN POWELL Now to the left of the screen, you can clearly see the
> >satellite image of the chicken crossing the road.
> >
> >TONY BLAIR I agree with George.
> >
> >HANS BLIX We have reason to believe there is a chicken, but we have
> >not et been allowed to have access to the other side of the road.
> >
> >DR SEUSS Did the chicken cross the road?
> >Did he cross it with a toad?
> >Yes, the chicken crossed the road, but why it crossed I've not been old.
> >
> >MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR I envision a world where all chickens will be
> >free to cross roads without having their motives called into question.
> >
> >GRANDDAD In my day, we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road.
> >Somebody told us the chicken crossed the road, and that was good
> >enough.
> >
> >SALLY J RAPHAEL Isn't that interesting? In a few moments, we will be listening
> >to the chicken tell, for the first time, the heart-warming story of how
> >it experienced a serious case of moulting, and went on to accomplish its
> >dream of crossing the road.
> >
> >JOHN LENNON Imagine all the chickens in the world crossing roads
> >together - in peace.
> >
> >ARISTOTLE It is the nature of chickens to cross the road.
> >
> >KARL MARX It was an historic inevitability.
> >
> >RONALD REAGAN What chicken?
> >
> >SIGMUND FREUD The fact that you are at all concerned that the chicken
> >crossed the road reveals your underlying sexual insecurity.
> >
> >BILL GATES eChicken2003 will not only cross roads, but will lay eggs,
file
> >your important documents, and balance your checkbook - and internet
> >explorer is an integral part of eChicken.
> >
> >ALBERT EINSTEIN Did the chicken really cross the road, or did the road
> >move beneath the chicken?
> >
> >BILL CLINTON What is your definition of chicken?
> >
> >THE BIBLE And God came down from heaven, and he said unto the chicken
> >THOU SHALT CROSS THE ROAD. And the chicken didst cross the road, and
> >there was rejoicing.
> >
> >COLONEL SANDERS Did I miss one?
> >
> >HOMER SIMPSON Mmmmmmmmm . . . . c h i c k e n

mia22

Postby mia22 » Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:40 pm

:lol: That's funny! Thanx Adriana.

Isied
Supreme Member

Postby Isied » Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:09 pm

Brigada Adri !

como vai?? a gente nunca mais se falou né...

mia22

Postby mia22 » Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:20 pm

Isied, Are U from Brazil??

I love Brazil :smlove: I would love to go one day!

Isied
Supreme Member

Postby Isied » Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:30 pm

Yeeees !!!!!!!

If u come to south Brazil some day... pass in my house B)

mia22

Postby mia22 » Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:33 pm

South Brazil? Near a beach?

You are the lucky one! It's funny how we always want someone else's life!!!

I'm planning to visit South America one day. One of my friends is from Argentina and if the boys over there look anything like him.....consider me there! My uni does many year programs for students to travel to S America. It's a popular thing to do.

Isied
Supreme Member

Postby Isied » Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:48 pm

Yes, my city has 15 beachs it´s called Itajai.
But we house also in other city near Itajai called Penha that has more than 20 beahces. Our house is in "Armaçaum beach" . We go there every weekend n holidays. Our Penha house is 3 minutes walking from the beach :D . Yes, it´s damn good !!!! I passed all the summer there.

I hate Argentina: don´t get me wrong. Now that country is a sh**. My state is Santa Catarina , here have a loooooooot of argentines that came to brazil to get a better life. Around 30,000 argentines in my area. Every where u go there´s some one. :P The guys re cute but the girls re just insuportable n the families re toooo pig, u know they don´t take shower everyday, don´t clean their houses, really pigs.

mia22

Postby mia22 » Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:54 pm

Don't be like that! Embrace your S American brothers and sisters! :hug:

Ok that was cheesy! But it amuses me, which is wrong, how neighbouring countries never seem to like one another. Look at us Brits: the English, Scottish, Welsh and of course Northern Ireland are forever having quarrels.

All we need is a lil' love :headbanger:

But, I'm jealous of the fact you live practically on top of a beach. in Britain, beaches are also known as 'bottomless sewage pits' :lol: Apart from Newquay I guess, but Britain isn't exactly renowned for its beaches now!

Isied
Supreme Member

Postby Isied » Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:12 pm

Ok that was cheesy! But it amuses me, which is wrong, how neighbouring countries never seem to like one another.

exactly. It amuses me too. It happens with all neighbor country I know. Uk and France, Argentine and Brazil, USA and Canada... and so many others.

Yes, love !!! we need love. I treat the argentines very well, I dated ones already, but every people has theirs defects so... I´m telling the argentine ones. And one more thing: argentines don´t like us too. :D

ADRIANA_A
Supreme Member

Postby ADRIANA_A » Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:16 pm

(Hey I'm gald you found the chicken thing funny. Just some light hearted humour!)

It did amuse me how during the world cup last year, Argentinian fans (not all) in Japan, were camapigning for Brazil to lose! How rude! But when they lost, the Brazilian fans went round the streets of Japan begging for money so that ' they could raise funds to send our South American brothers home' :laughup:

Now that's love for you! :P

I'm telling you - there's nothing like football (or sport generally) to show the divisions between nations, regions etc. :rolleyes:

Isied
Supreme Member

Postby Isied » Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:25 pm

Haha , I didn´t know that Adri !!! But this kinda thing is normal.

I think this happen cuz neighbor countries re like brothers, They compete - always. That´s why.

mia22

Postby mia22 » Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:30 pm

That's funny Adriana! :laughup: And it's true, sports tend to divide people. Particularly football as you may very well know. ;) And I guess it's true that you tend to quarrel over silly insignificant things with those that are the closest to you. It's all competitiveness: striving to be better and superior just so you can put other people down. it's not good.

Isied
Supreme Member

Postby Isied » Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:37 pm

OH God !! I hate competitions !!!!! I don´t care if the other is better or worse than me. I don´t give a sh**. That´s why I don´t like sports that much. :D

Soccer, I have to say ... I hate soccer !!!!! Here in Brazil ppl die for it. This is ridiculous. I only like soccer during the cups. ( hehe :P )

ADRIANA_A
Supreme Member

Postby ADRIANA_A » Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:41 pm

That's funny u should say that Deisi, the only time I give a sh!t about football is interantional events. I don't have a hometown team, although it should probably be Aston Villa, but I do love the World Cup. And no, not just for the lovely men! I don't want to be giving female footie fans a bad name!

There's more spirit, soul and fun in international championships. I'm a dual supporter: Brazil and England. :lol:

mia22

Postby mia22 » Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:45 pm

You don't like football Isied? But the Brazilians are responsible for making it 'the beautiful game' that it is. I love watching the Brazilians play. They're the best at it. Ok, the English invented it, but like most sports - we invented them, we just aren't very good at playing them! :P

Isied
Supreme Member

Postby Isied » Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:51 pm

the only time I give a sh!t about football is interantional events. I don't have a hometown team,

Just like me. My hometwon team is called " Marclio Dias " a sh** !!! Even the name is terrible, don´t u think?

Brazil and England.

again ??????? do u wanna loose one more time girl :D
a question: tho u r half brazilian. for which one do u go for??

Isied
Supreme Member

Postby Isied » Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:55 pm

You don't like football Isied? But the Brazilians are responsible for making it 'the beautiful game' that it is. I love watching the Brazilians play. They're the best at it. Ok, the English invented it, but like most sports - we invented them, we just aren't very good at playing them!  

Oh Mia , right !!! I don´t like it by the things brazilians do for it. But course it´s a preety game, n brazilian play it better than anyone. But not this brazilian , I´m the worst player in school. :P

ADRIANA_A
Supreme Member

Postby ADRIANA_A » Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:59 pm

That's a better name than 'ARSENAL' :laughup:

My dad supports the Riverplates :shrug:

again ??????? do u wanna loose one more time girl

True!!

a question: tho u r half brazilian. for which one do u go for??

Well, my mama and papa are both Brazilian through and through ..... I was born in England and despite the fact we go to Brazil twice a year and have homes there, I guess it'd make sense for me to align with the English! But I know we suck at football!! I'm always being asked wht my 'ethnicity' is though, because I have olive skin, so I guess i consider myself both. Although being Brazilian is to be a nationality and not a race. Gets confusing!

Isied
Supreme Member

Postby Isied » Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:09 pm

I imagen how it is. I was born in Parana n my mom is from there. But i grew up in Sta Catarina n my dad is from here so I feel split too. The worst thing: Parana n Sta catarina ppl use don´t like each other - again that story- n when they compete I never know for who go for. It´s like , for me doesn´t matter who win I´ll be happy anyway, cuz I feel I´m from bolth states. I have a german freind. she lives in Brazil since 2000 but her mom is brazilian, so in the cup was funny cuz she was going for both.

mia22

Postby mia22 » Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:21 pm

I find Brazilian people vary alot in appearnce. I'm going by the models -some are light skinned, some are dark skinned. brazil is such a wonderful melting pot. I think it's great. And I know what you mean by the confusion between nationality and race. it's like: f I was born in China, I would technically be 'chinese', but I couldn't say that cos I'm not 'physically' Chinese. But that rule isn't applied to other nations.

I guess it's up to the individual to define themself through their personality and not by anything else. I'm just boring plain old English! :lol:

Isied
Supreme Member

Postby Isied » Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:31 pm

I find Brazilian people vary alot in appearnce.

Yes, it´s. U can´t imagen. Here in sout not too much but in Rio n sao Paulo every body has his own color :D . Here in Brazil people conseder me white. In winter when the bronze get away every body says I´m damn white. But this times I send some pix to shaunt n he said me I´m not white, N i get preety confuse. This happen to u too Adri??

ADRIANA_A
Supreme Member

Postby ADRIANA_A » Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:35 pm

My mother is light and my dad is quite dark. My skin is quite olive skinned, but goes fairly dark in the sun. I'm considered 'gaucho' .... but then I don't think that's necessarily correct. You're probably not as white looking as you think Deisi. In my experience, most Brazilian people have bronzed colour!

Isied
Supreme Member

Postby Isied » Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:38 pm

I think it´s because I live in the beach cuz when I was a baby I was like milk. And I was born with light eyes, but today it´s dark .

mia22

Postby mia22 » Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:39 pm

What's 'gaucho'? :confused:

Isied
Supreme Member

Postby Isied » Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:47 pm

It´s a person (man, the woamn is gaucha) that was born in Rio Grande do Sul. Gisele is a gaucha. ( it´s a so ugly word. :P )

ADRIANA_A
Supreme Member

Postby ADRIANA_A » Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:57 pm

Oops, typing mistake: i said I'm 'gaucho', which means I'm a white man!!!

But yes, I too despise the word Deisi. But it's so commonly used isn't it? See now G is considered 'gaucha', but she can look v. dark sometimes. I guess that's thanx to the tanning salon! :lol:

mia22

Postby mia22 » Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:01 pm

Thanks for explaining. Hmm, does seem quite a dubious word to use. And don't diss tanning salons!! they are a blessing in disguise evry now and again. :lol:

Isied
Supreme Member

Postby Isied » Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:41 pm

Oh, I´m as white as gaucho people.

A Funny thing: everybody says that the gaucho men re gay (!!!!!!!!!) :lol: :lol: :lol: REALLY. They use to say "gayucho" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It´s cuz Rio Grande do Sul has the biggest number of gays and lesbians of Brazil.

:P

ADRIANA_A
Supreme Member

Postby ADRIANA_A » Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:24 am

"gayucho"

I've heard that phrase before .....

And don't say that there are loads of lesbians in Brazil!! that'll be another thing those leolosers will start using against Gisele on top of their claim that Brazil has the majority of transvestites <_<

:lol:

Hope you're well Deisi and Mia :kiss: and sorry Heloise, it was a random spontaneous conversation...next time.

heloise
Supreme Member

Postby heloise » Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:38 am

I never heard that before...so gaucho are gay :D :lol: ..how people can think that, i think they're macho, do you knwo "laco de familia" ?? i think gaucho are like "pedro"....

Adriana, as we say in french, ce n'est que parti remise....i'll see ya next time !

Isied
Supreme Member

Postby Isied » Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:17 am

And don't say that there are loads of lesbians in Brazil!! that'll be another thing those leolosers will start using against Gisele on top of their claim that Brazil has the majority of transvestites  

Yes, in Brazil there re only a few of gays and lesbians, but it´s true that in Rio Grande do Sul have a loooooot. And it´s not Leo fans who use to say that. It´s NOT GIRLS WHO USE TO SAY THAT. , it´s said by my dad, my cousins, my boy freinds, all the men I know, people that don´t give a sh** for Leo, n they use to say that leo is gay too :lol: All this is because gaucho men use to say that they re real men, very "macho" , they re sooooo worried about proving their sex that the people star to kick their ass saying they re gays. I heard( donno about if it´s true) that in 10 boys in Rio grande 3 re gays. BUT course , they always say "I´m very macho tchê" . There re a looooooot of peeps about "gaychos" I can tell if u want.

<span style='color:red'>U see Adri?? It´s really not something from leofans, reeeeeally not. I hear it since I was a baby. This comments exist since Leo wasn´t even born. </span>

:)

bookie

Postby bookie » Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:06 pm

HOMER SIMPSON:  mmmmmmmmm...  c h i c k e n

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

i like that one the best!

ADRIANA_A
Supreme Member

Postby ADRIANA_A » Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:32 am

<span style='color:red'>U see Adri?? It´s really not something from leofans, reeeeeally not. I hear it since I was a baby. This comments exist since Leo wasn´t even born. </span>

You're missing my point Deisi: even if this idea that that there are many transvestites in Brazil were true, the comment was used as a DIG TOWARDS GISELE. That's what irritated those on G's abstracts board. it's like: have those losers run out of things to use against Gisele now, so they manage to bring up some random fact/opinion and apply it to her ?

And there are many transvestites in certain parts of Britain, USA and loads of other countries as there are gays and lesbians ....... :shrug: what's the point being made?

Isied
Supreme Member

Postby Isied » Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:43 am

yes Drica, I see. I think this is totally stupid. I didn´t know about it to tell u the truth. One important thing to tell is that they don´t say anything bad about gauchas, it´s all about the men. the gaucha re called very good cookers. :D

Return to “General”