Why Are Americans So Fat?

User avatar
vanilabean4
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:55 am
Contact:

Postby vanilabean4 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:04 am

This explains so much. Check this out.

In the U.S., we eat more than 1,000,000 animals an hour

In 1972, we spent 3 billion a year on fast food - today we spend more than 110 billion

Left unabated, obesity will surpass smoking as the leading cause of preventable death in America


Have any of you heard about http://t.soulkool.com/?128-a3c8this? Sounds like a facinating film!
the guy risked his Health!!!!!
wow!

User avatar
vanilabean4
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:55 am
Contact:

Postby vanilabean4 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:10 pm

I also discovered a http://t.soulkool.com/?132-2ac7game on this site. :lol:

User avatar
*PrInC€š§~R¶*
Supreme Member
Posts: 1517
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:10 pm
Location: uh...Mars...it's really hot over here...burning up!!
Contact:

Postby *PrInC€š§~R¶* » Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:51 pm

the game is like pac man :lol:

i think that ppl are so fat is because they are too damn lazy

User avatar
xoinnocentjrtgrl
Abstracts Royalty
Posts: 5166
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:19 am
Contact:

Postby xoinnocentjrtgrl » Sun May 30, 2004 8:05 pm

one movie im NOT gonna be watching

User avatar
xoinnocentjrtgrl
Abstracts Royalty
Posts: 5166
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:19 am
Contact:

Postby xoinnocentjrtgrl » Sun May 30, 2004 8:07 pm

*PrInC€š§~R¶* wrote: the game is like pac man :lol:

i think that ppl are so fat is because they are too damn lazy

thats a tad bit mean. :angry: Im overweight and im 13. But its not always because we are "lazy" There are health problems that add to the weight gain. Of which I have..

User avatar
lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty
Posts: 7935
Joined: Tue May 21, 2002 10:47 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Postby lancesgrl » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:36 pm

don't let this type of person upset you, xoinnocentjrtgrl. :rolleyes: unfortunately there is the occasional weak and narrow minded person who posts on this board. just keep in mind that this is someone who has nothing better to do than spit out useless information and blanket assumptions about americans, simply to attempt to sound intelligent. as you can see, it's not working too well for them. :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
zozon3
Supreme Member
Posts: 4571
Joined: Mon May 19, 2003 8:12 pm
Contact:

Postby zozon3 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:20 pm

don't let this type of person upset you, xoinnocentjrtgrl.  unfortunately there is the occasional weak and narrow minded person who posts on this board. just keep in mind that this is someone who has nothing better to do than spit out useless information and blanket assumptions about americans, simply to attempt to sound intelligent. as you can see, it's not working too well for them.    



no offense but america has a HUGE overweight problem

go to any other country in the world stay there a month
and then go back here
youll immediatly notice the difference.


and no offense
but making assumptions
im sure you do the same about other cultures

and the overweight thing is not an assumption

even the government is doing something to stop this!

User avatar
*PrInC€š§~R¶*
Supreme Member
Posts: 1517
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:10 pm
Location: uh...Mars...it's really hot over here...burning up!!
Contact:

Postby *PrInC€š§~R¶* » Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:28 pm

lancesgrl wrote: don't let this type of person upset you, xoinnocentjrtgrl. :rolleyes: unfortunately there is the occasional weak and narrow minded person who posts on this board. just keep in mind that this is someone who has nothing better to do than spit out useless information and blanket assumptions about americans, simply to attempt to sound intelligent. as you can see, it's not working too well for them. :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

actully i'm not trying to sound smart or anything but i'm just stating the facts...it's true that a large population of Americans are over weight.

if you go to another country there aren't that as many...

and Val i'm sorry if it made you mad and i didn't know you had health problems...sorry

User avatar
lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty
Posts: 7935
Joined: Tue May 21, 2002 10:47 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Postby lancesgrl » Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:22 pm

zozon3 wrote:
don't let this type of person upset you, xoinnocentjrtgrl.  unfortunately there is the occasional weak and narrow minded person who posts on this board. just keep in mind that this is someone who has nothing better to do than spit out useless information and blanket assumptions about americans, simply to attempt to sound intelligent. as you can see, it's not working too well for them.    



no offense but america has a HUGE overweight problem

go to any other country in the world stay there a month
and then go back here
youll immediatly notice the difference.


and no offense
but making assumptions
im sure you do the same about other cultures

and the overweight thing is not an assumption

even the government is doing something to stop this!

:rolleyes: true, statistically the weight problem exists in america.... okay... so big damn deal. :shrug: my main problem with this post was that it was presented in a rude and offensive way, with the implication that the weight problems stemmed from sheer laziness -- that was the assumption i was talking about. plus, what the hell makes this an issue worth mentioning anyway? are there not other world events we could be discussing that are more important than who is fat? come on... what do you say to the idea of rubbing those two brain cells together and thinking of a more constructive topic? just a thought....

User avatar
zozon3
Supreme Member
Posts: 4571
Joined: Mon May 19, 2003 8:12 pm
Contact:

Postby zozon3 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:31 pm

well the problem is it is becoming a main problem, people are dying bc of their weight.......thats kinda sad dont ya think?

im sure the person who posted this didnt mean to do it in a rude way
it should be a warning sign thats all im saying

but it is the government is even trying to stop companies like mcdonalds from selling supersize
thats not good.

theres ALOT of health problems related with obesity
and there should be something done about it in my opinion.



i really dont wanna fight with ya so no hard feelings
well just have to agree to disagree

User avatar
xoinnocentjrtgrl
Abstracts Royalty
Posts: 5166
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:19 am
Contact:

Postby xoinnocentjrtgrl » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:02 am

but surely there is a way to talk about it without making assumptions and without sounding rude. If your not overweight.. its not your problem. Frankly.. I'd rather be over weight than be skinny and in size 4 pants :shrug: thats just me.

User avatar
*PrInC€š§~R¶*
Supreme Member
Posts: 1517
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:10 pm
Location: uh...Mars...it's really hot over here...burning up!!
Contact:

Postby *PrInC€š§~R¶* » Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:02 pm

xoinnocentjrtgrl wrote: but surely there is a way to talk about it without making assumptions and without sounding rude. If your not overweight.. its not your problem. Frankly.. I'd rather be over weight than be skinny and in size 4 pants :shrug: thats just me.

i wasn't trying to be rude...i guess it sounded like that.

once again sorry

User avatar
vanilabean4
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:55 am
Contact:

Postby vanilabean4 » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:03 pm

xoinnocentjrtgrl wrote: I'd rather be over weight than be skinny and in size 4 pants :shrug: thats just me.

i'd rather be healthy.
and I believe that's one of the many interesting points this film makes.
Fast food encourages people to think about food in an unhealthy way.

the director is suggesting people reexamine the way they eat and what they eat - and why they eat it!


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest