What I Think Of Avril

FairyPrincess86
Supreme Member

Postby FairyPrincess86 » Tue Aug 13, 2002 4:00 pm

I liked her when she first came out, she seemed corcky and fun.

Now I think she is as cocky as the rest of them.

She thinks she is so different from all the other girls in this buisness, when all she is is the new trend.

I don't like how now that she is famous, she uses it to diss other artist, claiming she has more talent, god can't one artist come in to this buisness and not brag about themselves. I'm sick of her tooting her own horn.

Avril to me preaches about "girl power" but once she is under the spotlight starts talking sh** about other girls...........blah, how typical.

Avril Lavign, get over yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CrazyCanadianChick
Supreme Member

Postby CrazyCanadianChick » Tue Aug 13, 2002 6:23 pm

I disagree, but oh well...everyone has thier own opinions about her ;)

FairyPrincess86
Supreme Member

Postby FairyPrincess86 » Tue Aug 13, 2002 10:32 pm

CrazyCanadianChick- dido, thank you for not jumping on me, it shows maturity *gives you a gold star*

I respect all opinions that is just mine

BLEsSEDbyANGER

Postby BLEsSEDbyANGER » Fri Aug 16, 2002 11:33 am

i disagree also, but like i've said before, i don't want to be a b****.
i respect alot of artists because i'm tryin to get my way into the music bussiness. ijust hope i don't find you guys one day sayin how much my band sucks and that we're all a bunch of cocky asses.

BLEsSEDbyANGER

Postby BLEsSEDbyANGER » Fri Aug 16, 2002 11:34 am

i don't think avril iz that bad, she has her edges though.
*i won't jump all over people anymore*

<!--EDIT|BLEsSEDbyANGER|Aug 16 2002, 05:36 PM-->

FairyPrincess86
Supreme Member

Postby FairyPrincess86 » Fri Aug 16, 2002 3:55 pm

"OMG look Britney Spears fully clothed"

See now givin'your opinion is okay, being an all out b**** is another. In this buisness, you'd think she would keep her mouth shut since these people went through the same struggle she did, but no........she chooses that immediatly after the spotlight is on her she can be the new raining b**** of rock..........sorry Avril that is Courtney's job (although I do love her)

See this was just blaitenly disrespectful, to Britney, to her family, and to her fans.

You all may be thinking ohh she is a Britney Spears fan ofcourse she will diss Avril
(which I am not trying to do) but I am not a Britney fan, why I use her as an example is because calling someone a hoe, etc. reminds me of a school buddy who thinks she deserves attention more then the person she is teasing.

I am loosing alot of respect for this girl. Not that I respected her to begin with but now it's even lower then that.

It just pisses me off that she can't show the same respect that they have for her.

Madoline
Supreme Member

Postby Madoline » Wed Aug 21, 2002 10:42 am

Again, your opinion is yours, Im not ragging on you, but I dont agree.

I think Britney set a standard for what the modern female music world has to be like, she really set the tone for the whole thing, and Avril, in my opinion, was offended that Britney thinks the only way to sell her music is to be naked....or close to it. Thats the impression I get from her and a lot of other artists (such as pink) who feel the same way about Britney. They dont want to be fabricated and controlled and have everything given to them on a silver platter (such as lyrics and outfits and what to say), Avril probably took serious offense to that as an artist, because she writes her own lyrics, she has a huge say in whatever goes on with her career

and I would have to say Avril probably feels she is ten times as talented as Britney and was probably such LONG before Britney ever got her success. I could see where feelings like that come.

However, expressing them so openly does bother me. She should know that music is music and to some people music is Britney Spears, so I dont know.

In some ways I agree with you and in some I dont.

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Thu Aug 22, 2002 12:00 am

I just simply wish people would get the name of her hometown correct. Deep sigh. Some articles quote it as Ottawa. Its actually Napanee which has a population of 4 or five thousand

<!--EDIT|Helena|Aug 22 2002, 01:07 AM-->

JillyDee88

Postby JillyDee88 » Fri Sep 13, 2002 4:40 pm

Well that's your opinion and you have the right to voice it. I like Avril, I think she rocks. :)

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Sun Oct 20, 2002 2:03 am

Lets see where to start.... You have you own opinion and are allowed to express it freely like Avril and the rest of the world.

I agree with Madoline a lot on this one. Brittany did set the new standard of pop singers. Female Rock'n'Roll/pop, nude or half naked is the new trend. You see Brittany started it coz she had the head start from he sucess of her first album and first lot of releases. She had the head start so she thought I will try something new and dance have nude or so called "ho dressing". You now see all the pop artists such as, Brittany, Christina Aguliera, Kylie Minouge and Mandy Moore, Jessica Simpson and Leann Rimes!!! Doing it now they are all tryin to make pop into rock. Take Christina's new single 'Dirty' for an example and Leann Rimes new single and also Brittany Spears 'I LOVE ROCK'N'ROLL' many people think she screwed that song!! Brittany set the standards and now if people don't like it then they will express thier opinion take Avril for example calling Brittany a ho... Well when you see someone who was so innocent back in Brittany's early stages of her music career she was so innocent looking. Until OOPPSS I DID IT AGAIN! Where she is wearing a red almost skin tight suit!! And now you see people like... Leann Rimes and Christina Aguliera copying!! Leann Rimes was a country singer until 'CANT FIGHT THE MOONLIGHT' (which was pop) now you see her new single (I dont know what its called hehe) she is waring a bra on the film clip!! and she only did it coz Brittany Spears got attention from it!! So Christina and the rest of the pop palace follow. Also I think Avril has the right to express her opinion about these things Brittany is doing to the pop music world! Making them wear skimpy clothes and play Rock'N'Roll music and sweating hevily on the clips! I like these clips dont get me wrong! And usually the songs are good too. But if you wanna diss Avril for expressing her opinion about Brittany Spears then why dont all of us diss you for dissin' Avril? But we wont! Avril is great Brittany is great (although I have never liked her) Avril is expressing her opinion about whats happeneing in the music scene and should be allowed. Avril is totally diffrent to Brittany and everyone doesnt have to follow Brittany! Avril is an individual Brittany well she is but everyone is following her just to sell thier music!

Don't get me wrong I am NOT jumping on you I just think this is so!....

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Wed Oct 23, 2002 1:49 am

FAIRYPRINCESS86---> This is an Avril Lavigne board if you don't like her than what the hell are you doing here?!? <<Thats what Angilina Jolie fans in her board said to me! Coz I said she isnt the best actress I have seen but I was still in thier board!! Well they passwd it to me so im passing it on to you---> Most of us here in this <AVRIL LAVIGNE> board are her most dearly loved fans! And we dont wanna hear you dissin her! She may seem cocky to you but she sounds cool to me! Plus its true! Britney is a ho! That is the truest statement I have ever seen for a long time!! Coz she doesnt run her music career and she dances with lets see... BARELY NOTHIN! And its kinda sick that... thats the only way she can sell music!! Well Avril can sell music without being dressed like a ho. THIS IS THE WAY AVRIL IS....DONT LIKE IT THEN LEAVE!! Thanks!

Nikechik454
Advanced Member

Postby Nikechik454 » Sat Oct 26, 2002 3:52 pm

Finally, someone else who doesn't like her! For a while there, I thought I was the only one. Everywhere I go, people are always saying, "Oh Avril is a true punk girl! She rocks!" I have issues with her, but I won't get into that right now :lol: And Kick-A$$, I see what your saying about people 'dissing' Avril on her own board, but a message board is for people to post their opinions. Sometimes you'll agree, sometimes you won't. People aren't always going to see eye to eye.

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Sat Oct 26, 2002 7:51 pm

I realise that I dont mind if you gunna come in here and diss Avril I will just have an opinion to what you are saying like you are saying to me :D
Not only that though...the Angelina Jolie board reckons no one should go in there to say what they think about Angelina.J I went in there and said... Oh i odnt think shes the best actress.

and my cousin who is obbsessed with her went off and all the other people did too...i realise that boards are to post opinions about someone.....try tellin them that!

Also.... fairyprincess86, is saying all this crap about a PM I sent her but she didnt show what she called me! She called me a f**, girly-guy and all these other names, and I was kind back to her and now she is showing what i said about 9/11 which she thinks is a terrorists saying. But do you dont see what she said about the Bali Terrorist Attack do you no!! Its called Marginalisation! And I

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Sat Oct 26, 2002 7:55 pm

Follow on from b4 I hit post by accident!--->

Its called maginalisation...and I got the highest mark in the class for an Essay about Marginalisation which was an A- (I was the only one to get higher than a B!!) which is great but....She is marginalising what she said and what started it so i look bad! Well I'm a bit like Avril....

I dont give a f*ck what people think about me and what I say! I will say whatever the f*ck I want when I want to...but I will not tollirate some b*tch saying I said all these sh** about America which I

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Sat Oct 26, 2002 7:59 pm

FULL FOLLOW ON FROM B4--HIT POST BY ACCIDENT AGAIN

Follow on from b4 I hit post by accident!--->

Its called maginalisation...and I got the highest mark in the class for an Essay about Marginalisation which was an A- (I was the only one to get higher than a B!!) which is great but....She is marginalising what she said and what started it so i look bad! Well I'm a bit like Avril....

I dont give a f*ck what people think about me and what I say! I will say whatever the f*ck I want when I want to...but I will not tollirate some b*tch saying I said all these sh** about America which I did! but!....she doesnt show what she said to me! If she is going to show one part of the argument from PM which should be kept PRIVATE and not....in the boards coz no one here wants to hear about our little argument that has been going on for about 4 days now...WHICH I will shut up and I appologized to her and I said you should appologize to me got calling me a f** anf everything and she hasnt yet!... so I will get back to finding more about Avril Lavigne and leaving this girl.. fairyprincess86 (who said i have a gay name kick-a$$) well i think i know which would i would choose.... well anyway i will leave fairyprincess86 alone while she has PMS coz its very bad!

FairyPrincess86
Supreme Member

Postby FairyPrincess86 » Sat Oct 26, 2002 8:08 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OMG

1. Where you not the one who said my name was stupid and yours was cool, I can post it if u'd like, so I then made fun of youe name, please deny this so I can post it.

2. Yes I did call you a f**, which was from me being upset about your reaction to my "forgottin flight" post, saying I was annoying

3. I have no recalection of saying anything about Bali attacks, because I didn't even know about them until you told me about them TODAY.

4. Please post what I wrote I could give a sh** less

skulking

Postby skulking » Sat Oct 26, 2002 8:15 pm

Hey that's cool dude.

But please don't rip on Kylie saying she is "ho-dressing" because in her case it's not trashy but classy. She has been in the business way before any of these other glam chicks and i think she deserves a little more respect than that. :(

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Sat Oct 26, 2002 8:19 pm

FairyPrinces86..I posted that b4 we resolved it! I am sorry

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Sat Oct 26, 2002 8:24 pm

DO NOT TAKE ANY NOTICE OF THE 3 OR 4 POSTS THAT I WROTE B4 THIS COZ ITS ALL BEEN RESOLVED!!

Return to “Avril Lavigne”