What's With "sk8er Boi"?

ajolie junkie

Postby ajolie junkie » Sun Sep 01, 2002 9:26 pm

okay...i really don't know a lot about Avril Lavigne, i mean i've seen her on tv and heard her songs and whatever but i know very little about her so i can't express my opinion about her i just wanted to comment on the song Sk8ter boi! i mean i like complicated, it wasn't bad but i mean this song has got to have the worst lyrics. I hear it on the radio and have to change b/c i'm gives me the shivers and a bit of the giggles.
"He was a boy/She was a girl/Can i make it any more obvious/He was a punk/She did ballet/What more can i say.../He was a skater boy/She said see you later boy/" I mean c'mon, i'm not judging her but the song fricken sucks, WHO RHYME'S BOY WITH BOY?..i dunno just an thought. But there is one song i Really really like and that's "Losing Grip" --*cool lyrics and it has an amazing sound to it*
But nonetheless i hear that she's Canadian and from my province so i have to give her that! Rock on Canadians Rock on!!
:crazyjump: Canadian's rule EH!!
bu bye for now!!
P.S. Angelina Jolie Rules!!

CrazyCanadianChick
Supreme Member

Postby CrazyCanadianChick » Mon Sep 02, 2002 8:43 am

I understand that sk8ter boi's lyrics didn't sound as if a professional wrote them, but I think that was the best part about it. It was co-written by Avril and it talks about something that a lot of kids can realate to-I know I can 'cause my school is full of preps and they hate all the sk8ter's. I give Avril credit for co-writting ALL the songs on her FIRST album...some artisits (if you can call them that) *coughs*britney*coughs* have made multiple albums and have only written a couple songs in total. So you go Avril!!! And yes she is from Ont...Napanee to be exact :D But I do agree with you on one thing...Losing Grip is an amazing song!! Definately one of my favourites on the album :headbanger:

JillyDee88

Postby JillyDee88 » Mon Sep 16, 2002 6:25 am

lol I didn't like "Sk8er Boi" at first, but now I love it! :lol: I think it's just the melody of the song that puts me in a good mood or maybe it's just the cute fairy tale it tells...I don't know, but I don't think it's bad at all anymore. :P

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Sat Oct 19, 2002 8:17 pm

:rolleyes: I think Ska8er Boi does not sound professional coz all of Avrils songs r written by her or Co-Wirtten and Sk8er Boi was one of them. It most definately doesnt sound profressional but it sounds great! And the film clip is sweet! Avril is talent! And Sk8er Boi is one of her best songs. But you can't really compare Complicated and Sk8er Boi together coz they are totally difrent songs but still both are totally awsome!!! Avril Rocks!

Return to “Avril Lavigne”