Fake

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:35 pm

There's something about Avril, I just don't like. Don't get me wrong, I loved her at first, but after reading articles and the interviews. All of this just doesn't fit together. She's molded into something she really isn't like a poser. I love her songs, but i don't think ppl should bow down to her all of sudden because she is the so-called epitomy of britney, which i know by now she isn't. Just trying to strike conversation, tell me wat u think.

CrazyCanadianChick
Supreme Member

Postby CrazyCanadianChick » Mon Sep 30, 2002 3:26 pm

I disagree , but we are all entitled to our opinions.

<!--EDIT|CrazyCanadianChick|Oct 3 2002, 03:35 AM-->

Mami19

Postby Mami19 » Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:54 am

Id seriously love to b**** slap Avril Lavige. lol

CutieClare19
Advanced Member

Postby CutieClare19 » Sun Oct 06, 2002 4:09 pm

<span style='color:blue'> I don't even really like her music all that much, but that's just my taste in music I guess, I do think that Avril is kinda fake, not because she has this thing agaisnt Britney and whoever else she has a thing against, she just seems fake, I really can't explain why either . . I just think it. </span>

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Sat Oct 19, 2002 8:05 pm

:huh: Avril is cool I reckon we are all allowed our opinions! And I think she is cool...she can sing....her music is definately not punk, its pop/rock and I just think she shouldnt say her music is punk when its not. Also if your music is punk that doesnt make you punk eg. Avril (although her music isnt punk) she great dont get me wrong a real talent! She should become a model!! she is hot!! :)

Gisele
Supreme Member

Postby Gisele » Tue Nov 19, 2002 8:37 pm

I respect ur opnion but I disagree.
Avril try to be diferent no an anormal person, so she´s just normal, like u n me. She´s diferent of Brit in the way she faces her carrer n the world but not diferent of Brit as a human being. Avril is a original singer ... that´s why she´s special.

B)

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Thu Nov 21, 2002 2:53 am

Gisele good point, but I would have to say:-

We are all difrent how we dress but...Britney seems fake now how she has passed the Teen-Music style and has gone dressing in mini skirts and everything...Like Avril doesn't seem fake to me, she doesnt even have her own stylist! She doesnt need one, and even if she did have one they don't go out and buy her clothes like Britney and Christina. Avril chooses them herself and chooses the way she dress' thats what I love about her also Avril doesnt know how to read music she just says "if it sounds good then its cool with me!" Thats how she is! She doesnt want her music to seem professional she just wants to be herself! Also Avril slagging out Christina and Britney...well...thats just Avril she bet up a male ice hockey goalie when she was playing once! Like Avril doesnt care what people think! Also I think Christina and Britney bring on the slagging against thier clothes and styles themselves! They wear Skimpy clothes that is fake! wearing pants and a short sleeve shirt and a tie with some punk chains and bracelets isnt that us (the kids) these days, we are like Skater's, Surfer's, Punk's or like normal like wearing normal clothes that arnt cool! Thats just who we are and Britney and Christina wear skimpy clothes like you do see kids wearing this stuff but not that many. People can relate to Avril they cant relate to Christina and Britney...They just sing pop/rock songs. Avril sings her mind and she has helped write every one of her songs! AVRIL ROCKS! SHE AINT FAKE! Also there was an interview with Avril that I saw its called "A DAY IN THE LIFE OF AVRIL LAVIGNE!" and the interviewer says "How would you describe your music?" Avril said "I would describe my music as..Avril Lavigne!" If someone asked Britney, Shakira and Christina this question they would say its a mix of rock and pop! AVRIL IS NOT FAKE!

JustBrit

Postby JustBrit » Thu Nov 21, 2002 9:37 am

I would have to agree with Cutie Clare and Precious, there is something fake about this girl, its hard to explain what but i think with time we will find out. And i find her music irritating....

Gisele
Supreme Member

Postby Gisele » Thu Nov 21, 2002 6:52 pm

there is something fake about this girl, its hard to explain what but i think with time we will find out. And i find her music irritating....

Totally disagree :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Fri Nov 22, 2002 8:00 pm

Come one, everyone is faking it, even if it's just a little, I mean there is such thing as produces who controls everyhting - the interviews and etc. And besides no one can just go out and spill everyhting that's on their heart. And this conspiracy theory in this case is probably fueled by the fact, that Avril is still young.
But I don't really believe that it's the big fabricated plot you're talking about, it's too complicated to make up, if you were an agent you would know, but we're unable to recognize their techniques. Unfortunately they trick us in some cases (no people mentioned here!)
This is how the things work.
I personally think people are digging too deep, where there's no more to be uncovered (in this case)

:)

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Fri Dec 06, 2002 4:32 pm

ever heard of midriffs (U know shirts that dont cover the abs/belly) yea Midriffs are fake (eg Britney Christina) A.Lavigne does wear these but theres no way she shows her belly button she just shows just above her pants about 1cm of skin and thats all and mini skirts A.Lavigne wouldnt be seen dead in one she said.

DarkSyne
Advanced Member

Postby DarkSyne » Sat Jan 11, 2003 5:29 pm

Avril is fake and she is a poser. Her music punk!!!! Hahahah! what a joke! Watch your backs, Sex Pystols!

PervyHobbitFancier
Advanced Member

Postby PervyHobbitFancier » Sat Jan 11, 2003 9:39 pm

Oh my garsh...avril...o0o...i hate her.... she is so annoying. she's all like, 'looks at me im a punk rocker babe!' and then she goes and sings, 'oh, the skater boy doesnt like you, he loves me now' and blah blah blah, :angry: grrrrr....get OVER yourself avril. your not a punk rocker, i mean, yeah she has a great voice, but she needs to decide where she fits in, and now yall gonna be like, she is her own self, she doesnt need to fit in with other people, but yes she does. and right about now, she falls in with that little group of posers. ok, ive rambled on for long enough. so....yeah <_<

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:59 pm

why bother coming here if you's hate her, and also everyone is difrent juz coz Avril is difrent you hate her. What about, Britney, Christina? they arnt difrent from eahc other maybe thier looks but they dress all slutty now thats fake, when Britney and Christina blasted onto the music scene they were all Teeny more Teeny than Avril and now here they are singing bout sex, and wearin skimpy clothes, they cant change thier music like that so quick juz coz they turned 20 they are allowed to sing about sex...thats fake, Britney and Christina are not difrent juz coz Avril is doesnt mean bastards like you's can diss her, she dresses they way every girl does these day come on all girls dress like that, well most of them. And juz coz none of the female celebs dress like Avril means shes a poser. What about The Living End, Sum41, Blink182 they all dress like punks like Avril....are the posers too? I will make it simple, ya dont like Avril then stay out.

Kandy

Postby Kandy » Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:25 pm

I don't think Avril is fake at all. She seems like a normal b****y teenage girl to me. So I don't like her because she's fake or a poser or whatever, I just don't like her. But then again I don't like a lot of people. Avril is just kind of annoying with her gum chewing and weird faces in magazines and saying "like" too much and being drunk in interviews mkay lol. But that's just useless crap I would think is annoying about anyone. So stop obsessing over whether you hate her or not. She's just a weird lil teenage girl. Which is normal to me.

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:20 am

Weird Lil Teenage Girl? I dont think she is weird, shes a celebrity of course people are going to be obsessed with her, like most celebs have thier fans, they put this Avril Forum here for a reason to talk bout her, and get news on her and stuff, juz the same with Britney, Christina, Mandy Moore, Jessica Simpson, Alicia Keys. Avril is juz a celeb is is truely Avril. There nothing much to it.

juliette
Advanced Member

Postby juliette » Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:40 pm

i am still undecided as to if and how much avril is faking. i know if i were a musician i would have a similar "f*ck trendiness" attitude but i have felt that way all my life. there was a prolonged period in high school where i wore a flannel over my t-shirts every day to school, and after a year or so i noticed a lot of people started wearing them too. i didn't STOP wearing them just to be a nonconformist, but i was wearing them before they were a trend and i wore them after they were a trend (hell, i still wear them in warmer weather).

Stereodee

Postby Stereodee » Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:14 pm

...and everyone says they respect YOUR opinion but inside their mind they say..."What an idiot, i'm the right one in this discussion! <_< "....lol

....and like britney spears isn't fake....sure...oh, there slips another sarcastic remark

there's one thing that i hate about avril and it's that everyone thinks i'm copying her but i've dressed like a skater/rocker (or whatever you'd call it) since i was in the fourth grade....so, what came first? the chicken or the egg?i'm more of metal head than her....oh no, now they're gonna call me a fake...*cries*

oh don't listen to me :rolleyes:

juliette
Advanced Member

Postby juliette » Tue Mar 11, 2003 10:23 am

this is how i see it: when you're a new artist trying to break through, you have to make some concessions to be accepted by the general public, to get enough of a foothold to be able to express yourself without jeopardizing your career. so you make your first album a little more pop than you'd like, you exaggerate yourself a bit, in the name of establishing yourself as an icon. people have to be able to generalize you before they can accept you. but it's my bet that come avril's 2nd album, it will be a lot more rock, her image and interviews will be less stereotyped, and she'll be more involved with the music than with trying to maintain an anti-britney image.

DarkDance

Postby DarkDance » Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:39 pm

I like her but you're right, there's something not real about her
It's like she's trying way TOO HARD or something
Still better than another britneychristinapopgirl though

carla

Postby carla » Mon Mar 17, 2003 3:18 pm

PreCiouSbAbY wrote: There's something about Avril, I just don't like. Don't get me wrong, I loved her at first, but after reading articles and the interviews. All of this just doesn't fit together. She's molded into something she really isn't like a poser. I love her songs, but i don't think ppl should bow down to her all of sudden because she is the so-called epitomy of britney, which i know by now she isn't. Just trying to strike conversation, tell me wat u think.

I have to agree with you on this one. At first I loved her. When she first released complicated I was so into her. I went on sites, I bought her CD. I did so much and then I started to read her interviews. She contradicted herself many times and I realised that she kept on trying to establish a name for herslef. She tries to be so anti britney. She has a huge problem with Britney, a lot of people do, but then she tries too much. She contradicts herself at times and I still like her music until now but then my respect for her as a person has somewhat been lost.

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:21 am

Im not sure but I think every teenager such as Britney, Christina and Avril go though this stage where they try TOO HARD. Avril doesnt seem like shes trying too hard to me, someone like Britney in her first film clip (Hit Me Baby One More Time) she looks like a teenage school good with the fluff balls in her hair skirt and all trying to look all pretty for the boys Avril just doesnt do that in her clips. Christina done the same as Brits she was dancing on a car for crying out loud! (well I think she was! lol) and acting all girly for the boys. Avril did not do this and justbecause she didnt doesnt mean shes fake shes difrent shes a cleb but not like a cleb at the same time she acts like shes one of the boys (Thats our Avril lol) she acts like one of her fans like people wear those clothes these day when Brit and Christina bursted onto the music scene that was trndy back then but Avril is way trendy now but doesnt look it. I think theres nothing wrong with AVRIL anyway its the music she produces that counts it wouldnt matter if she was black, white, pink or purple! The music is what counts anyway!! Oh well Avrils cool...

FairyPrincess86
Supreme Member

Postby FairyPrincess86 » Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:03 pm

no see to me she is trying to be soooo very different from the rest that you realize that some of it just show.

DarkSyne
Advanced Member

Postby DarkSyne » Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:24 pm

I'm not a hypocrite, but now I don't know if she is fake or not.

What I do like about her is that she is not a f***ing pop tart, another stupid fake blond bimbo (read it Britney or Christina). She doesn't dress like a whore, she doesn't look like a hooker, she doesn't dance provocative, and she is still successful. She doesn't need to bshow skin to sell records. Maybe she is not so bad.

And honestly, I think I'm with you is a nice song.

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Fri Apr 25, 2003 5:14 am

Avril is just different from the rest of the Popstars such as Christina and Britand newly added lezo duo TaTu.

Avril CAN sing, she doesnt have to dance, doesnt dress tarty andis sucessful.

A Brilliant mixture!!

ALSO! Look at her manager his a PRO! at managing: Antonio LA Reid,

the same guy behind back up band for Avril, GOB.

DarkSyne
Advanced Member

Postby DarkSyne » Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:53 pm

Yeah, I still don't like her music because I'm not into this new pop thing. But as I said, I like the way she sells her image. She is not another fake blonde bimbo with plastic tits and caked on make up. She is the right example that you don't have to dress slutty and be plastic to be succesful. She is not interested in that stupid thing of looking hot.

Good for her! She has to learn a lot of things, but I'm sure she can surpass all these stupid plastic bimbos. If she really has talent, she will do it.

p1nk_t0es

Postby p1nk_t0es » Sun Apr 27, 2003 1:27 am

Well when i first heard Avril i thought she was pretty cool..but then the radios started to really overplay her songs..(they still do) so I kinda find her a lil annoying at times but ya, she's ok. I just didnt like the fact that back then, she was like all 'I am punk, I am skater.." ..I guess back then, she was still trying to figure out who she is as a teen... I dunno. But overall, I dont hate her nor do I think she's all that talented. And thats only my opinion~~

Lucy4Lance
Supreme Member

Postby Lucy4Lance » Fri May 09, 2003 9:51 am

:) Avrils OK, I started getting in2 her when skater boi came out- im not her biggest fan, but i do agree with u, there is sumthing fake aboutthat girl.

Return to “Avril Lavigne”