5 Grammy Nominations!

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Wed Jan 08, 2003 4:46 pm

Hey!

Don't forget that there are Grammy awards on Feb 23rd and Avril's got 5 nods.

Including Best Song and Best Female Rock singer! But she has the best shot at becoming Best New Artist probably.

If I find a complete list of nods I'll link you. Did you watch her comment on this?

for Later B)

CrazyCanadianChick
Supreme Member

Postby CrazyCanadianChick » Thu Jan 09, 2003 6:39 pm

I'm so happy for her. I hope she wins them all. But I doubt it. It's always the oldies that take home the awards. If U2 takes another one home this year I'm gunna be pissed!! <_<

chantoir
Supreme Member

Postby chantoir » Tue Jan 14, 2003 9:27 pm

can you tell me who is she up against in all those categories? (hmmm, i think that's not so nice of me making you research for me...i guess i'll check the news later.)

anyway, i just know Nora(?) Jones also had a Best New Artist nomination. she's gonna be one hell of a competition to avril. i think jones have a pretty good chance. but i hope avril will win. :)

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Wed Jan 15, 2003 9:42 am

hey!

The full list of nods is on the official site of the Grammys

grammys.com/Grammys.com

Sure you can find the Avril categories, though there are a lot of nominees!

I sure respect the Grammy, cause they're the official awards for music, and also great that they nominated Norah Jones for record of the year, too. She is independent artist, right? Like her song. Just great to see somebody who is not part of the pop culture there. I mean someone who is everyday on MTV showing their outfits and mansions - I'm sick of this!

chantoir
Supreme Member

Postby chantoir » Thu Jan 16, 2003 12:16 am

thanks claire!!

yeah, nora is indie. i don't have her album, i only know her first single "don't know why" and it's pretty good. but i think she really have the talent. really, really tough competition for avril.

:)

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:49 pm

5 Grammy Nominations WOW.....cool...I thoguht they were over yay i can watch them now! woohoo! :lol:

chantoir
Supreme Member

Postby chantoir » Tue Jan 21, 2003 12:55 am

yep kick-ass!! you didn't missed it! :D

grammy.com/news/academy/2003/0116telecasttech.htmlhttp://www.grammy.com/news/academy/2003/01...lecasttech.html

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Tue Jan 21, 2003 2:21 am

thats good then I wanna hear Avril talk when shes there and i wanna see what she wears...probably the same clothes she wears on her clips lol...aaaahhh our avril, no formal girl in her

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Tue Jan 21, 2003 8:05 pm

There is gonna be an acceptance speech only if she wins! :)

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Tue Jan 21, 2003 8:29 pm

yea i wanna hear her talk hehe i bet she doesnt know wot to say!

jakero

Postby jakero » Tue Jan 21, 2003 8:36 pm

fu*k Avril Lavigne :angry:

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:24 am

if you dont like her why bother wasting your time here?

chantoir
Supreme Member

Postby chantoir » Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:44 am

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:07 am

:lol: yup yup why bother! U like them noddin heads dont ya, Chantoir

chantoir
Supreme Member

Postby chantoir » Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:38 am

yeah i do. and it's more convenient to just click on the smilies than type a message. i feel lazy sometimes. :nod:

CrazyCanadianChick
Supreme Member

Postby CrazyCanadianChick » Thu Feb 13, 2003 6:45 pm

She's also nominated for 6 Juno awards. They're like the Canadian Grammy's :D And the night of the Grammy's, Much Music will be in her home town of Napanee, ON to get reaction from friends and family. Should be interesting to watch. Avril said there's mixed reaction to her in her hometown. Some people love her, some people hate her. Those haters are just jealous that they're still stuck in that "5000 population town...Napanee".

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Sun Feb 16, 2003 2:22 am

I AGREE WITH AVRIL THEY JELOUS

marine*
Supreme Member

Postby marine* » Sun Feb 16, 2003 3:47 am

:D people with no talent themselves always try to put others down...

im happy for avril!!!!!!!!!!! :D

love her cd (when i heard her first song i didnt expect it to be this good)

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Mon Feb 17, 2003 4:54 am

so true! They usually do! Well either way Avril's peers anywhere in the world CANNOT bring her famousness down! Theres no was a celeb like Avril can be brought down by some jelous jerk! :D

juliette
Advanced Member

Postby juliette » Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:31 pm

am i mistaken or did norah jones snag all of the awards avril was nominated for?

i am actually kind of glad it was that way. norah really deserves those grammies, and avril would probably receive flak for receiving them so young for such a poppy record. she would be better off winning in another year or 2 when she can get some more industry cred.

chantoir
Supreme Member

Postby chantoir » Tue Feb 25, 2003 12:27 am

marine* wrote: :D people with no talent themselves always try to put others down...

f***ing sh** marine!! you like avril, too? wow! i didn't expect that. i thought the only songs you like are "too close" (baby when we're grinding, i get so excited, lalala), "sex bomb", "let me lick you up and down, till you say stop...", etc... i'm glad we only don't agree on cucumbers. :P

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Tue Feb 25, 2003 1:36 am

yea Norah Jones won all the grammys Avril was nominated for. Wether or not Avril wins awards shes still a winner in my mind! Shes brilliant! Norah Jones has just released her album and it debuted at number 2 before snatching the number 1 spot from Avril and Norah is still at number 1 after 3 weeks but Avril stayed number 1 for a massive 10 weeks and more! and Aril has NOT dropped from the top 3! Also Norah hasnt had a single out in Australia yet only the album which with the Grammys and her nominations booted the sales.

Avril can win awards, be nominated aswell and her fans will still like her. I dont mindwether Avril doesnt win awards at the Grammys but at least she was nominated 5 times! to tell you the truth I was shocked that she didnt even win 1 but the other awards shes won makes up for that. Avril will be back with a second album and if it is as good as the first she may even win a grammy which she will deserve more! AVRIL KEEP ON ROCKIN BABE COZ YA GUNNA GET NOMINATIONS AND AWARDS SO IT ALL EVENS OUT IN THE LONG RUN!

juliette
Advanced Member

Postby juliette » Tue Feb 25, 2003 1:53 pm

marine* wrote: :D people with no talent themselves always try to put others down...

i have to disagree. just because someone doesn't like the music a person makes or the image a person sells doesn't mean they themselves have no talent. everyone has personal preferences. i'm not very fond of christina aguilera, but it's because her style grates on me, not being jealous of talent. i've always believed that people who personally insult those who disagree with them have not yet learned to accept differences of opinion.

DarkSyne
Advanced Member

Postby DarkSyne » Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:23 am

Kick-a$$ wrote: yea Norah Jones won all the grammys Avril was nominated for.  Wether or not Avril wins awards shes still a winner in my mind! Shes brilliant! Norah Jones has just released her album and it debuted at number 2 before snatching the number 1 spot from Avril and Norah is still at number 1 after 3 weeks but Avril stayed number 1 for a massive 10 weeks and more! and Aril has  NOT dropped from the top 3! Also Norah hasnt had a single out in Australia yet only the album which with the Grammys and her nominations booted the sales.

Avril can win awards, be nominated aswell and her fans will still like her. I  dont mindwether Avril doesnt win awards at the Grammys but at least she was nominated 5 times! to tell you the truth I was shocked that she didnt even win 1 but the other awards shes won makes up for that. Avril will be back with a second album and if it is as good as the first she may even win a grammy which she will deserve more! AVRIL KEEP ON ROCKIN BABE COZ YA GUNNA GET NOMINATIONS AND AWARDS SO IT ALL EVENS OUT IN THE LONG RUN!

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Oh, please! You can't compare Norah Jones with Avril. Norah is a REAL talent and doesn't write stupid songs about sk8er boys and sh** like that. Avril doesn't know anything about how to play music. Norah plays piano. Avril is another pop product for teenies. Maybe she is not so "POPULAR" exactly because she is not a POP commercial product. Of course commercial garbage is always higher at charts.

Don't try to put Norah down comparing her with that little twat Avril. She is worthless.

Never try to compare a real artist with a f***ing poser.</span>

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:39 am

I was not comparing them! Its thier music you are looking at!! Ive heard Norah Jones and I dont really like it I would much prefer Avril. I was also NOT putting down Norah Jones!! I dont mind her but I WOULD NOT go out of my way to buy her CD like I did for Avril. You got me all WRONG! If I was saying.....NORAH JONES IS sh**! I HATE HER SO MUCH! that is putting her down! GET YOU FACTS RIGHT DAMN IT BEFORE YOU GO MAKING ALL YOUR TEXT BIG, AND SAYING SOMETHING ABOUT SOMEONE WHEN THEY DIDNT REALLY DO IT! IF YOU DONT LIKE AVRIL THEN WHY ARE YOU IN HERE TO DISS HER? GET A LIFE! THERE ARE WAY BETTER THINGS TO DO THEN DISS AVRIL COME ON! GROW UP YA BLOODY WANKER!

juliette
Advanced Member

Postby juliette » Tue Mar 18, 2003 3:44 pm

i can understand how norah jones' music would not appeal to everyone, especially those who prefer avril's sound. norah's whole album is soft jazz-blues, and that's not for everyone. i like to put it on in the background to help me relax at the end of the day, but that's just me. it doesn't mean one is any more or less talented than the other.

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Wed Mar 19, 2003 1:25 am

Yea I know, while you like Norah Jones in the background i like AVRIL blairing in the speakers lol it help me think same for Sum41, Jlo and Busted!!! Sum41 Busted and Avril help me think in a smart ass way kinda like thier music! haha!

Return to “Avril Lavigne”