Hi Kick-a$$

Me|ody (arter

Postby Me|ody (arter » Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:24 pm

hi! care for a chat? well first of all, where r u from?

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Sun Jan 26, 2003 6:55 am

lol man there must be somethink bout the name Kick-a$$ everyone wants to chat it seems like!

Well Melody, im from Australia which is pretty cool. We celebrated Australia Day today but...I being your average Australian was too lazy to go into town to celebrate being Australian (I know I shouldve!) Well....Instead my way of celebrating was....walk to the cornor store (bout 300 meters away) they stock movies there, and happened to have one I wanted to rent, Spiderman. Its one of the best movies I've seen in ages. Honestly I dont know why I put off seeing it! Well....im 15 by the way, and male.

so Melody, where are you from? Im guessing America coz most people that wanna chat with me are from America, well I dunno. How old are you? and also what did you do today.

Me|ody (arter

Postby Me|ody (arter » Sun Feb 02, 2003 6:23 am

well sorry kickass for replying u so late... i've been busy nowadays... sorry to disappoint u. i'm from singapore :)

i'm 18 tis yr......

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:00 am

:unsure: Its okay Melody I havent been on Abstracts for a while either and I have a very busy life now that high school has started back up :angry: damn it I wish it wasnt so busy! Buts its cool we have to read a book about a African American boy called, Billy (Billy is the title by the way), and he kills some white girl and is on the run or something Ive only read a few chapters, but I know how it ends! He gets found and gets excuted for murder! its based in 1930's and its basically about a boy who's life is run by white-man laws because back then the African Americans/black/dark skinned people were considered as scum! Which is so sad! I value everyone for who they are though but if I dont like it they will know! But its a good book well we have to read 4 chapters of that a day and also on top of that I have Business Princeples, Maths, Speech and Drama and Science homework too so its fairly busy!

So you like Avril aye? Shes pretty cool! They need a Michelle Rodiurez (from Resident Evil, Blue Crush and GirlFight) forum too! Oh well ya get that! See ya round! :D

Me|ody (arter

Postby Me|ody (arter » Mon Feb 10, 2003 1:32 am

Oh ok. Sound pretty interesting :) . Well, can u tell me how ur country's education system works?

as for my country, s'pore, we enter the nursery at the age of 4 (tis is not neccessary). After that, we moved on to kindergarden & studied til the age of 6. At the age of 7 to 12, we went on to primary school where we're graded as primary 1, 2, 3,.... 6. at the end of Primary 6, we'll take a very important exam called the PSLE ( primary school leaving examination).

That grade will determine which secondary school we'll go. we dun call it a high school in s'pore. As it is a total score of 300 marks, so for those who get 200 pts & above, will get to an Express stream while those who get below 200 pts, will be catagorised into Normal academic (NA) & Normal Technical (NT) stream. in the secondary sch, we're graded as secondary 1, 2, ...4.

those who get into the Express stream, will only have to study for 4 yrs & sit for the GCE 'O' level exam ( which is a England-based cert where it is marked in Cambridge) at the end of 4 yrs. the other 2 streams will take GCE 'N' level at the end of 4 yrs. the NA students will proceed to sec 5 to take their GCE 'O' level exam if they score 10 pts and below of 3 subjects. but it's a must to pass the eng paper, otherwise.......... :( we will be consider to have fail the entire exam. the NT students will move on to ITE sch if they pass their 'N' level exam.

after receiving the 'O' level results, those who scored below 20 pts, can choose to go to a junior college (JC) if not they can get to a polytechnic. well students who get into JC, will sit for GCE ' A ' level exam at the end of 2 yrs & then move on to an Unisversity.

S'pore's education systems:
- nursery (not neccessary)
- kindergarden
- primary school
- secondary school
- JC / Poly
- university

Kick-a$$
Ultra Member

Postby Kick-a$$ » Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:11 am

:o WOW!

Australia's Education System goes like this:-
Kindergarten/Preschool
Primary School (from grades 1-7)
High School (Secondary School from grades 8-12, except New South Wales who start highschool in year 7)
University (4 year to get your diploma another 1 for your master for some courses I think)

Im currently in year 10 at Highschool and plan on going though to year 12 then going to University to study, Journalism/The Media or something like that! I want to be a journalist for a magazine or newspaper and also write a book that would be cool!

Wll better go I have an English Assignment due tomorrow:O!!! Its easy though just 388 word story, we have to change the story we read (the book was Billy...Stupid Book I hated it!) and we have to change an incedent or setting or character and see what happens. Its simple! Ive already done half!

Return to “Avril Lavigne”