What It Takes

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:25 pm

WOW man she was a lil cold hearted with them. i mean here they are experiencing something that they never expected and she is being all cold to them! well i hope they make the right decision!

musiclova67
Supreme Member

Postby musiclova67 » Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:26 pm

Great chapter Tash. More, more, more

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:28 pm

whoa she was a little blunt there wasn't she?? but she does have a point though..things could get very bad if it got leaked to the press that jc had a child :nod: more please!!

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Tue Oct 14, 2003 6:02 pm

idiots!!!

youre just gonna regret it if you dont fight for her :no:

great chap tash!!

post more :nod:

betty boop
Ultra Member

Postby betty boop » Tue Oct 14, 2003 6:27 pm

I kinda liked how she was straight to the point. She's definitly right. Good stuff.

IDIDTHEJRT
Supreme Member

Postby IDIDTHEJRT » Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:16 pm

what a biotch lol

very good though, they do need to decide lol more please?

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:14 pm

yes they need to decide if they want to be together, lets hope they do :P

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:08 pm

<span style='color:blue'>Hey...feeling blue again! NO reason in particular just a blue instead of purple!!!
:lol:
Here is the next chapter...

What It Takes: Chapter 28
The silence in the car was deafening.
As I concentrated on the passing cars, I noticed that we were not going in the direction of K’s house, or the hotels.
“Where are we going?â€￾ I asked as I straightened up in my seat.
“I don’t want to go back just yet. I phoned while you were in the restroom and Emma is fine, they‘re still at the restaurant.â€￾
“Where do you want to go? I don’t feel very sociable right now.â€￾
“Don’t worry, you won’t have to be.â€￾
I looked at him skeptically.
“What? You don’t trust me?â€￾ he asked.
“Not always.â€￾ I smiled a looked towards the window, deciding to be a good sport.
We left the conversation at that and I reached over, turned on the radio and began playing with the stations when I came across and Nsync song.
He quickly reached for the button to change it and was surprised when I slapped his hand away.
“What was that for?â€￾ he asked, sounding incredibly insulted.
“Don’t touch, I want to listen to this.â€￾
“Lizzie, don’t mess around.â€￾
He tried again and received the same reaction “I’m not; Leave it alone Josh!â€￾
He gave in and after a moment spoke “Don’t humor me.â€￾
“I like to hear you sing.â€￾ I confessed.
He gazed over “Yeah, right.â€￾
“I do, I always knew you would make it Josh. Even when you didn’t.â€￾ I admitted.
“You did? I didn’t know that.â€￾
I nodded “Of course I did.â€￾
We drove the rest of the way in silence although my mind raced. Wondering how he didn’t know that I believed in him. I loved him more than anything, wasn’t that obvious?
How could he not know that?
It was starting to really bother me and I looked over, about to mention how I was feeling when he pulled into a driveway and put the car in park.
“Were here.â€￾
I looked at the place before me and remembered when Josh and I used to bike here in the fall. It was the perfect camp. Or it seemed to us.
We were so young and would spend half the day biking here to sit on the dock for a few hours, or roll in the leaves or just stare at the place that was deserted at that time of year.
Full during the summer months but as soon as September rolled around it was vacant. We never got inside, just spent hours dreaming of what it would look like or how we could make it feel like home.
I was amazed to see that it had been kept up after all these years.
The log cabin faced a small lake that we used to swim in years ago, if the fall weather allowed.
As we walked closer we could see the stairs that led to the lake, were kept in great condition and without speaking decided we would walk down.
As we walked in silence I pushed the memories from my mind and stared at the lake before us, it was breathtaking. Even more then I remembered.
The dock was still afloat and it didn’t take us long to decide to take the short walk to the end. Josh was the first to sit down and pull his shoes off, dangling his feet in the water. With me quickly behind.
I had no idea why I was doing this and I honestly didn’t care, it just felt good to be here.
I had just begun wondering how long we had sat there in silence when Josh spoke “Are you mad?â€￾
“Of course not, I love it here.â€￾
“It hasn’t changed much, has it?â€￾
I turned and peeked at the house that held almost all of my fantasies as a young teen.
The lakeside of the house was completely covered in windows which must allow a perfect view of the lake and surrounding area. The porch that surrounded the house was so inviting. We often daydreamed about waking every morning to the sunrise and a cup of coffee.
I remember it always seemed so big, so unattainable but here it was.
Just as it always.
“It looks exactly the same. They’ve done a good job.â€￾
I nodded “It’s just as I remember it.â€￾
“Remember how we used to imagine how it looked inside? Or when we tried to break in through the front windows to get a peek inside?â€￾ he chuckled.
“That was your idea!â€￾
“You wanted to see just as bad as I did!â€￾
“Yeah, because that’s all you ever talked about. I was hoping you’d be quiet once you saw.â€￾ I teased.
Another moment of silence as we looked up and smiled.
“Wanna go in?â€￾ he asked with a childlike grin.
“What?â€￾ confused, I looked over at him and found him holding a key up towards me.
Grabbing the key from him I took off running. I took the stairs from the beach two at a time with Josh following right behind.
As I rounded the corner and walked onto the porch I gasped as I realized what we were doing. After all this time, we were going to go inside.
I did my best not to squeal with excitement as I unlocked the door stood aside allowing Josh to open the door.

I can't wait to hear what you think! Your opinions? Criticism? Ideas?
Whatever!
It's your turn!
Tash
</span> B)

IDIDTHEJRT
Supreme Member

Postby IDIDTHEJRT » Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:28 pm

awww that's so cute lol

I like it when they're together and happy and everything lol yay! lol

very good... good job! more please?

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:30 pm

<span style='color:purple'>Ahem...do you have more????? B) :lol: </span>

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:21 pm

theyre so cute together!!!!!!!
lol

good chapter tash now go write! lol

I want to know what happens!!

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:24 pm

:D i luved that chapter! everything about it was sweet like how they are visiting where they went as teenagers :P more plz? :D

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:24 pm

awww thats soo cute!! i have a feeling that he bought the house just so that she could see inside :nod: lol Thats soo cute that he took her there :wub: more please!

checkers
Supreme Member

Postby checkers » Sun Oct 19, 2003 12:16 am

:) tash let me read a bit of what she has written for the next chapter...you will not be dissapointed B) :P

Good job twin.

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:04 pm

More please Tash??? Chex is tormenting us :lol:

musiclova67
Supreme Member

Postby musiclova67 » Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:06 pm

Such a cute chapter. Hey Chex what happened to ur story? Either I've been missing ur new chapters or u just haven't been posting any!! Which one is it huh? More, more, more Tash.

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Sun Oct 19, 2003 6:54 pm

Tash.want.Joshie.story.now

:(

:rofl:

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:14 pm

<span style='color:purple'>I almost had a coronary Chex!!! You just about lost your reading rights...LMAO!! I f all goes well I'll have a chapter in an hour or so!!!</span>

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:57 pm

<span style='color:blue'>Well, I have worked terribly hard and have finished another chapter. This chapter comes with a warning...adult content!!
Beware...Angel...it's not wall sex. BUT...I have an idea for their next encounter and well it won't be wall sex but I plan to turn you into a fan of dock sex...wink wink!
LOL...read on

What It Takes: Chapter 29
Josh allowed me to walk through first and after taking two steps I stopped and stared. It was perfect.
Every thought, idea or dream I ever had about this place was nothing in comparison.
To my right was a beautiful, full kitchen with all the amenities. Oak cupboards and counter space that a chef would die for. Along with an island that separated the room perfectly.
To my left was the beginning of the windows, that indeed proved to have an unbelievable view. Tastefully decorated, the windows were lined with a dining area and then a living room, with the furniture all allowing a view of the lake.
Josh walked around me and asked “Want to see the rest?â€￾
I nodded and followed him, looking up to see the cathedral ceilings and rail the surrounded the loft.
Turning and smiling Josh got my attention and I followed him down the short hall and found a bedroom, full bathroom, laundry room and office that led the way to the front door. After examining every room we turned and went back to the kitchen and this time went to the stairs that led to the loft.
Still following silently, we took the winding stairs slowly and stopped when we reached the top to find a large rec room. A small room branched off the left of the room and served as a bedroom. After peeking in I noticed a large room branched off to the right and walked over to find the master bedroom.
Large French doors opened up to the porch that we stared at many years ago, dreaming about what was on the other side.
The focus of the room was an oversized four poster bed that was more beautiful then I could have ever imagined. A sheer canopy fell down along the bed, while a white cloud like duvet met a mountain of pillows.
“Wow,â€￾ was all I could managed to whisper. I looked over and found Josh as stunned as I was.
“It’s beautiful.â€￾ he stated.
“It’s more beautiful than I imagined.â€￾
“Me too.â€￾
I furrowed my brow “You’ve never seen it?â€￾
He shook his head and walked over to the entrance of the master bathroom.
I followed him and as I peeked inside to find an oversized jacuzzi facing the water. I had to remind myself to concentrate “Then why do you have the key?â€￾
“I’ve had it for years.â€￾ he admitted, still not looking at me.
“What?â€￾ I grabbed his arm and he finally looked over.
“I bought this place a few years ago but this is the first time I’ve been inside.â€￾
“You bought it without seeing it? What if it was a dump.â€￾ I questioned.
“I knew it would be perfect, it always was.â€￾
I stared at him in disbelief. Was he serious?
“I don’t understand Josh.â€￾
“I love this house. I always have and the thought of someone else living here bothered me. So I bought it.â€￾
“So you bought it and never came?â€￾
“Exactly, I knew I would one day. I thought at the least I would retire here one day.â€￾
“What about all the...â€￾
Reading my mind he answered before I could continue “ I went over everything we said and I bought everything we talked about and had it sent.â€￾
“I can’t believe you did this. It’s exactly as I pictured it.â€￾
Still standing in the doorway he leaned a little closer “No, this is the way we pictured it Lizzie.â€￾
Staring into his eyes I answered “It’s amazing.â€￾
He nodded and I reached up and placed a soft, gentle kiss on his lips.
He continued to look at me as I pulled away and turned around, looking into the master bedroom again “Why did you bring me here today?â€￾
Whispering into my ear he answered “I think we needed to remember what it was like to have no worries, no obligations. Just us, things always fit when it was just us. We could always figure things out here. Things made sense.â€￾
I looked back at him and this time he closed the distance between us. He reached for my hair and pushed a strand that had strayed out of my face “Things make sense here. We make sense here.â€￾
I nodded and placed a kiss on the palm of his hand as it rested against my cheek “Josh...?â€￾
He watched my face, searching for emotion as he waited for me to continue.
“Make love to me.â€￾
Before I knew it I was in his arms and he was carrying me to the bed, whispering “Lizzie, I need you.â€￾
“I need you too Joshie, please.â€￾
Not needing further guidance or approval he lay me down on the bed and brought his body to mine. His hands grabbed at my body almost as furiously as mine did his, wanting, needing each other.
His hand moved down my leg and he pulled me towards him, allowing me to feel his desire. Holding me close to him his other hand moved to my chest and began caressing my breasts. Moving my hips with his, the frustration of the confinements of our clothing got the better of me and I reached down and undid his pants. Needing to touch him, I freed him and began touching him. Feeling his body melt into mine, he began nibbling at my neck as his hands moved under my shirt.
As his hands met my skin, my movements began to quicken. He tugged at my shirt and pulled it over my head, tore at my bra and threw it to the other side of the room as his mouth and free hand met my breasts.
After a moment of this torture I nipped at his earlobe “Take it off Josh.â€￾
He did as he was told and as soon as he was free it was my turn.
He kissed his way down my body, nipping at my belly as he lased his index finger into the top of my panties “these...â€￾ he let the elastic snap “gotta go.â€￾
Giggling I replied “What are you waiting for?â€￾
Snapping the elastic again, he pouted “I have to do everything.â€￾
I rolled my eyes and threw my head back “Oh, you poor, poor man.â€￾
“I know, it’s rough.â€￾ this time he grabbed the elastic with his teeth and slowly began inching them down.
Once they were finally off and he began nipping at my thigh, I slid up the bed and tried to ignore the pout.
“Where you going?â€￾ he slid his hands under me and pulled me back to him.
“Well, I wouldn’t want you to work too hard.â€￾ I slid back up.
Pulling me back down he answered “I want too.â€￾
The nipping at my thigh became a little more aggressive and I had to force myself to move away “Nope!â€￾
As I tried to slid away he followed me only this time he crashed onto me “Where do you think your going?â€￾
I giggled and squirmed, determined to torment him a little “You’ve done too much today, you need rest.â€￾
“I will.â€￾ he pinned my arms above my head and kissed me.
I quickly deepened the kiss, but only for a moment. Then pulled away, trying to free myself.
“I’ll rest later.â€￾ he grabbed my leg and placed it around his waist. Despite my arguments I wanted him as much as he wanted me...and he knew it.
With my hands pinned above my head, his other hand holding my leg up he positioned himself just above me, allowing himself to just touch me.
Somewhere along the line I had lost control only this time I didn’t mind so much. I slipped one hand from his grip and reached around his neck and meeting him for a kiss. A kiss that let him know exactly what I was thinking.
Proving that he knew me so well he slipped inside of me. A groan escaped both of our mouths as the movements began slow and easy.
Losing ourselves in the moment as we moved together, he reached for my other hand and brought it above my head to rest against the other.
It amazed me as he moved harder and faster that he could still remain so in tune with me. His hands had now released mine and as I dug my nails into his body, encouraging him his hands wandered over mine.
Removing his lips from mine he whispered into my ear “Baby...â€￾
I looked up at him, knowing that it drove him crazy and nodded “please...Josh.â€￾
As our bodies moved at a rapid pace he leaned into me and as he released he groaned into my ear, awakening every sense in my body and allowing me to join him.
Snuggled up against each other, enjoying the moment and each other he spoke “Lizzie,â€￾
I lifted my head that had found it’s place on his chest “yeah.â€￾
“This is for you.â€￾
I turned my body and looked up at him as I rested my head on his belly “What do you mean?â€￾
“This place; it’s yours. I bought it for you...â€￾
Trying to read my expressions, unable too he finished “Actually, I bought it for us.â€￾

So...what do you think???
:ph34r:
hee hee...your turn!
Tash
</span>

IDIDTHEJRT
Supreme Member

Postby IDIDTHEJRT » Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:15 pm

awwww that's so cute lol

awwww :D

I love it, that was so sweet lol awww... more please?

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:46 pm

Trying to read my expressions, unable too he finished “Actually, I bought it for us.â€￾

aww I love him

:wub:

we got some nookie!!! :lol:

great chap tash!

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:15 pm

ummm so that was some SWEET ASS NOOKIE!!!!!! :jawdrop: i mean that was just :jawdrop: that is only thing that describes it! oh and he bought it for them!!! how sweet is that now i cant wait to see how she reacts!

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:18 pm

YAY!! He bought that house for them!! That was soo sweet of him!! :wub:

and the nookie...you gotta love that :nod: lol

More please??

musiclova67
Supreme Member

Postby musiclova67 » Sat Oct 25, 2003 6:29 pm

Wow. It took me a while to get here and read the chapter but it was so cute. Loved the last line. Wonder how she'll react. More, more, more

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Sun Oct 26, 2003 8:23 am

wow! :D oh i luved the last line! I would have died and gone to heaven if someone did that for me :lol:

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Sun Oct 26, 2003 8:10 pm

<span style='color:purple'>THanks guys...I am working on the next chapter...I'll share soon!!!</span>

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:36 pm

:whistle: :lol:

IDIDTHEJRT
Supreme Member

Postby IDIDTHEJRT » Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:25 pm

yeah um... let's go :P

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:36 pm

<span style='color:purple'>sorry guys, I thought the lovin' would have been enough to hold you off longer...lol!
Things aren't going so well...be patient and I'll make the chapter worth it!
I promise that as soon as I can I'll update.
</span>

IDIDTHEJRT
Supreme Member

Postby IDIDTHEJRT » Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:54 pm

it's ok take your time... we'll be waiting :D

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:57 am

thats okay tash
dont worry!

well be waiting tho :lol:

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Sun Nov 02, 2003 3:30 pm

<span style='color:purple'>Sorry it's taken me so long to get this chapter to you...I hope you enjoy it!

What It Takes: Chapter 30

Josh and I had managed to fall asleep in each other’s arms shortly after his confession. Whether it was an attempt to hide from what he had said, I’m not sure. All I knew was I was finally more relaxed then I had been in the months since all this began.
After a short nap, I stirred in Josh’s arms and remembered where we were. I scanned the room still unable to believe it; here we were after all this time.
I slid form his arms and snuck one of the white sheets out from under him and wrapped it around myself as I walked over to the large window across from the bed and set myself down on the cushions around it.
I stared off at the lake before me for what seemed an eternity before I heard a noise across the room and decided I would let him sleep and I headed down through the house and to the dock.
With my sheet wrapped tightly around me, I felt fairly secure in my surroundings and sat down, allowing my feet to dangle in the water.
I sat enjoying the quiet for at least twenty minutes before I noticed the footsteps approach. I kept my eyes to the water until I felt him sit down behind me and snuggle. Leaning my head back I allowed myself to melt into him, enjoying the feel of him where we belonged. In each other’s arms.
“What you doing out here baby?â€￾ He whispered into my ear.
“Just thinking.â€￾ I answered, almost asleep in his arms.
“About what?â€￾
“Just things. Emma, you...me.â€￾ I trailed off.
“Find any answers out here?â€￾
I giggled “nothing jumped out.â€￾
“Maybe that’s the answer?â€￾
I turned my head and looked at him, waiting for his explanation.
“Maybe you’re thinking too hard. If it feels right, the three of us are happy, why make it more complicated?â€￾
I turned back to the water and allowed myself to lean into him again when he asked “what, no comment?â€￾
I let out a long sigh and answered “I just hate it when you might be right.â€￾
He chuckled and grabbed at my waist “nice sheet.â€￾
“Glad you like it.â€￾ I answered sarcastically.
“I think it would look even better...â€￾ he gave it a gentle tug “off.â€￾
I smiled and allowed him to reach up and slid the top of the sheet down over my breasts, as it fell around my waist.
“See...much better.â€￾
I nodded and reached for his hand, bringing his fingertips to my mouth, gently kissing them. Once finished I moved his hand and placed it down to my left breast.
He immediately knew what to do with it and even placed his other hand on the other breast, reacquainting himself.
I reached behind me and found that he was as eager as I was to take this too the next level. I quickly turned and pushed him down, lying him onto the dock and straddled him.
Instantly feeling his member, throbbing below me I smiled and leaned down to him “are you ready?â€￾
All he did was nod and I slowly positioned myself above him and lowered myself down onto him. A gasped escaped both of our mouths as my body adjusted to his size once again.
Within moments we were in sync. Moving together as one. With his hands gripped firmly on my hips he thrust upwards meeting my movements. Watching his enough to throw me over the edge, his eyes fluttering back as he enjoyed every sensation, as we loved each other.
Nearing our orgasm, I leaned forward and captured his mouth with my own.
“Baby, don’t....stop...I‘m...â€￾ I whispered into his mouth, driving him over the edge.
“Damn...baby...I’m...â€￾
Collapsing onto him, I nibbled at his neck as he ran his fingers along my back “I love you Lizzie.â€￾
“I love you too Joshie.â€￾
After spending the rest of our time on the dock silently reminiscing Josh spoke “Let’s go and get Emma.â€￾
I nodded and followed him back up to the house.
‘Our house.’

Your turn
Tasha
</span>

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Sun Nov 02, 2003 3:50 pm

whooo hoo we got some nookie on the docks!!! man now i want to go live by a lake with a dock where no one is around you and yea :lol: i'll stop there....aww they are gonna go get emma...i hope that they live together as a happy family...i need more please!!!

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Sun Nov 02, 2003 7:14 pm

lol im w angel
that place sounds so nice

and Josh :wub:

great chap tash

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Sun Nov 02, 2003 7:19 pm

<span style='color:purple'>Thanks guys! Unfortunately there isn't too much left though! :ph34r: </span>

musiclova67
Supreme Member

Postby musiclova67 » Sun Nov 02, 2003 7:43 pm

Great chapter, Tash. More, more, more.

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:38 pm

<span style='color:blue'>Well guys..here's the last chapter!
I'm hoping for lots of feedback!
*hint hint*

What It Takes: Chapter 31
Before we had a chance to return to K’s place Josh received a phone call from Detective Roberts, asking that we meet him at the station as soon as possible, stating that it was urgent.
Twenty minutes later we walked into the station and noticed Detective Robert’s at his desk. Not waiting to be announced we walked over.
“Excuse me, Detective.â€￾
He looked up and smiled “That was quick. I wasn’t expecting to see you until morning.â€￾
We both shrugged and sat down, waiting for some news.
“I got back an hour ago from Emma’s grandmother’s place.â€￾
I looked over at Josh and then back to Detective Roberts “Has she heard from the Daniel’s?â€￾
“She hasn’t but they have made their disappearance present.â€￾
We looked at him questioningly.
“It seems before leaving they had gotten a hold of her credit cards and banking information. They cleaned her out.â€￾
“Oh my, what does this mean for us now?â€￾
“Well, she gave us some of the answers we have been looking for. She has been caring for Emma since she was 6months old. The Daniel’s have been in and out of her life since that time, which explains why she is so disconnected form them. She also confirmed that they were obviously on the run and extremely irresponsible. The reason she dropped Emma off at the hospital was because that was the only way she could think of to get her to you.â€￾
I stared at Detective Robert’s trying to take in everything he had just said ‘what kind of people were they?’
“She wants to see you both. She would like to discuss Emma’s future with both of you. Do you think you can head out tomorrow afternoon...with Emma?â€￾
“Absolutely.â€￾ I answered, not even thinking about Josh’s opinion.
‘I needed to do this.’
After getting the directions we headed back to K’s place and decided to spend the night at their to be close to our friends and have a chance to fill them in on what has happened.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We had explained to Emma that we would be going to visit her grandmother and she was very excited and wore her blue dress, just in case she saw Adam while she was visiting. She begged to bring Smartie with her to show her ‘gran’ but K insisted she would be car sick so Emma gave in.
The long ride to the farm was relatively silent as Emma listened to her tape of children’s songs, which Josh would occasionally jump in on. She had know idea just how famous her father was and hopefully she wouldn’t be too affected.
Hell as it stood now, nobody knew what the heck would happen after today. As far as Josh’s career was concerned, he would have to decide that
Pulling up the long drive Emma began shouting “GRAN!â€￾
She patiently waited for Josh to let her out but once that door was open she ran up the front porch and into the arms of her grandmother as she emerged from the house.
“Emma baby, you look so beautiful!â€￾
“I wanted to bring K’s cat but we didn’t want her to puke all over Josh’s car but she loves me Gran. Her name is Smartie, just like the candy.â€￾
Josh and I smiled as we walked up the stairs hand in hand, neither of us ready to be dealing with this.
“Hello, I’m Emma’s grandmother Beatrice.â€￾
We both shook her hands and we decided to take a seat on the porch instead of going in because Emma wanted to run and see if she could find Adam.
“I’m glad you could make it this afternoon.â€￾ she broke the uncomfortable silence once Emma left.
“Thank you for inviting us, I’m just sorry it has to be under these circumstances.â€￾ I offered.
She nodded “Yes, well I’ve been putting up with Jim and Allison for a long time and I should have expected this.â€￾
We remained silent and she continued “I asked you both here today to tell you why I dropped Emma off at the hospital and to find out what your intentions are now that she has been with you. I‘ll go first.â€￾
“I took Emma to the hospital because I feel that she deserves to be with you. I am her grandmother and I love her dearly but she needs her mother and a father. I saw you when you were in the hospital after giving birth to Emma, I saw how devastated you both were. When they began changing I knew she would be much better off with you and when they left, it was undeniable. But timing was everything. Had I done this earlier it never would have worked Jim and Allison would have fought it. It’s sad to say Mr. Chasez but the money you sent them, gave them the means to leave.
I’m an old woman, I can’t keep up with Emma and she deserves someone that can. Was I too presumptuous to think it would be the two of you?â€￾
I shook my head “I don’t think so.â€￾
“What about your lives? You do live elsewhere?â€￾
“I live in New York, I’m a nurse. But I have thought about moving back here, my best friend is here and this time I have spent with Emma...â€￾ I trailed off, scared to divulge too much information.
Josh quickly spoke “I live and work in many place Beatrice. If I stayed here it would mean I would have to do alot of traveling but I’ve come to realize that staying around here more often is something I should have done a long time ago.â€￾
I looked at him and fought to hold back the tears until I heard Emma call out “I found him!â€￾ as two heads peeked around the corner.
Wiping the tears from my eyes I felt Beatrice’s hand upon my knee “She needs you and I think you need her too. Go to her Elizabeth.â€￾
I got up and went down the stairs to find Emma and Adam sitting under a big oak tree with their backs to me.
“So now you have to go away?â€￾ asked Adam.
“No, we have a hotel and they can drive me here all the time.â€￾
I covered my mouth to conceal the giggle.
“Are they nice?â€￾
“Uh huh, they let me buy two dresses. A pink one for me and a blue cause it’s your favorite.â€￾
“That’s nice. She‘s real pretty.â€￾ he responded.
“I think I love her.â€￾ Emma stated.
Adam took a hand full of grass as he replied “Well, I love her too then.â€￾
Shooting the grass at her he took off like a bat out of hell, laughing the entire way.
With Emma shouting “I’m not picking any more frogs for you.â€￾
I laughed and Emma turned to find me standing behind her “Gran says Adam is a trouble maker.â€￾
“But I bet that’s why he’s your best friend.â€￾ I answered as I sat down beside her.
“Yeah, and I can beat him up.â€￾
“How would you like to come and live with me and Josh?â€￾
She smiled and crawled onto my lap “Can I?â€￾
“If you want too. I promise to bring you back here all the time to see Gran and Adam. maybe Adam can even come and visit us sometimes.â€￾
“He can come to the hotel?â€￾ I screeched.
“Sure, if his mommy says he can.â€￾
“I can’t wait and maybe he can meet Smartie?â€￾
“Sure he can. Are you sure your okay with staying us because if not I’d understand and come see you all the time anyway.â€￾
“I’m sure, I like you Lizzie.â€￾
I pulled her to me “I like you too baby.â€￾
“Gran said that I would know when it was the right time to call you mommy, do you think it’s the right time now?â€￾
“I think your Gran is a smart woman Emma.â€￾
I smiled and looked up to find Josh walk over “How are things going here?â€￾
Emma scooted out of my arms and ran over only to stop and look at me “Do you think it’s the right time for Josh too?â€￾
I nodded and watched as she ran into his arms shouting “Daddy!â€￾
I got up and made my way over and was pleased to find Gran looking down at us from the porch with a smile.
Emma wrapped her arms around me and shouted “Mommy.â€￾
Beatrice winked and returned to the house, confident that Josh and I would remain true to our word and bring her for lunch and playtime often. Adam waved as we drove off eager for next week to have Emma come and catch his frogs for him.
Once settled in the car Josh explained to Emma that we were going to he house instead of the hotel and she replied with “Can we get a cat?â€￾
“We’ll go and look for one tomorrow.â€￾ I laughed at her innocence and stared out the window, remembering a time when I fought so hard to get away from this place.
Now it was the only place I wanted to be.
I guess some people do have ‘What it Takes.’

Your turn...opinions, advice, complaints?
Tasha

</span>

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:53 pm

:wub: awww tashh I loved it
it was so sweet

and im sounding really corny here ! :lol: but I loved it

Im sad that its over :cry:

my josh story :wub: :lol:

great story tash :hug:

im happy everything worked out :nod:

whats next :ph34r:

IDIDTHEJRT
Supreme Member

Postby IDIDTHEJRT » Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:29 pm

damn lol ok i'm going to bed because I'm so tired lol BUT I will read it tomorrow... hopefully... lol yeah, tomorrow, sorry I'm just kinda busy but I promise I'll read it soon... and I'm sure it's wonderful :D

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:05 pm

AWWWWWWWW!!!!!! THAT WAS THE SWEETEST STORY EVER!!!! i cant tell you how happy i am for them and yet so sad at the same time that it is over! great story and i cant wait to see what you have in store for us next!!!

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:36 pm

I luved this story! Its been great :D
awww im so sad that its over but on the other hand i am happy that they are finally a family :P

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:24 pm

<span style='color:purple'>Thanks guys... :blowkiss: :hug: </span>

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:10 pm

awww Tash :hug: I'm so sad to see it go! I had to let go of my first story today and then I come here and yours is gone too...what am i gonna do? :cry:

That story was amazing!! I'm glad that they are a family again!!!

What's next for us??? :ph34r:

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:23 pm

<span style='color:purple'>I'm working on a few things right now...nothing concrete though!</span>

IDIDTHEJRT
Supreme Member

Postby IDIDTHEJRT » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:12 pm

aww lol ok finally I caught it lol sorry it took so long I've been pretty busy

Now... back to the story
that was so cute I love the part where Emma's like "should I call you Mommy now?" lol aww

it was so cute... I love it! But I hate to see it end... I'll try to survive though, but you just gotta start a new one... WONDERFUL! great job! yay! :D

musiclova67
Supreme Member

Postby musiclova67 » Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:46 pm

Aww Tash!! That story was so cute. Loved the ending. It's so sad to see it go!!! Oh well, awesome story. When's your next one? LOL. :P

Return to “Fan Fiction”