One Day

jc<3crack
Supreme Member

Postby jc<3crack » Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:35 am

I know it's long awaited, but I didn't want to post something I didn't have somewhat of a stock of. And though I only have like two chapters so far, I want some feedback. That's where you guys come in. :D

So, the more you reply, the faster I write, sounds good, right?

<span style='color:purple'><span style='font-family:Courier'>Chapter one:

Do you ever get sick of being all of what people expect you to be? People should accept you for who you are and not constantly tell you that you’re not smart enough; pretty enough; funny enough: in essence good enough. What do they know? At nineteen years old they were probably just as messed up as you are if not more, therefore who are they to judge? Who says you have to know what you want to do with the rest of your life now? Why can’t we all just figure it out in our own time, instead?
Sometimes I wonder how I got here; to this bridge, a very narrow bridge between the past and the future. You call it the present, but it’s definitely not a gift, not of any kind. Everyone has their demons, and this one is mine. Bridging the gap between the then and the now; between the past and the future; between sanity and insanity. It’s a very narrow bridge.
Insecure is just the beginning. The first in a string of obscure adjectives which all fit that which I call my life. I’ve tried to be the opposite, secure, in every sense of the word. Secure in my life, in my relationships, in myself. That one’s the hardest. Like I was saying before about people telling you things that are so far from the truth but when you hear them enough you can’t help but start to believe those things. They begin to echo in your mind and until you face them, you can’t prove you are better, you can’t prove them wrong.
“You’re so stupid!â€￾
“You could never be a model!â€￾
“You’ll never get into college!â€￾
“You’re the joke… and you’re not even that funny!â€￾
I would love to prove them all wrong. Well, maybe not the model one, but it would be nice to find someone who thinks I’m beautiful, and if he can make me believe it too… what a prince. A knight on white horse to save me from the dungeons of my own mind.
I’ve thought about suicide before, but after thinking again I decided that that’s the easy way out; the coward’s way out, and just because that is normally the path I would follow, it’s time for a change. Take the road less traveled. Let’s just see where it will lead me.
No one I know as ever loved me.
I lost my mom… my dad… my friend. I think even my dog ran away from me. When you’re abandoned, you start to wonder what it is that made them go away. Was it you? Maybe if I had been a better child… maybe if I could live up to their expectations… maybe if I weren’t me.
They told me she left because I wasn’t smart enough, and he left because he didn’t love me. How can you have a child and not learn to love it? I will be a better parent, I promise you that.
I don’t remember a time when I ever thought a boy was cute, or ever had a crush. Not that I thought the opposite sex had anything better to offer, but I was merely the girl who sat in the back of the room with her nose stuffed in a book. That was when I went to school. I didn’t notice people. They didn’t talk to me, so I returned the sentiment and didn’t talk to them either. They probably didn’t see it as a great loss, but I did.
At twelve, maybe thirteen years old, a girl doesn’t need her sickly old grandmother, she needs her mother, sometimes even her father, to help her cope with those awkward teenage moments in which discomfort is major, and emotions and hormones run wild. The ones I missed out on because I spent my early teenage years playing Cinderella to my two older sisters and elderly grandparents.
“Wash the dishes!â€￾
“Start a fire!â€￾
“Pay the bills!â€￾
“Make yourself useful!â€￾
Those I heard daily. It was never:
“Do your homework!â€￾
“Clean your room!â€￾
I don’t think I’d even know how to do anything for myself because I’ve spent my life catering to the needs of others.
I was the only useful one in the house. Not that anyone ever noticed. Everyone else was always taking the credit for the things I did.
“Didn’t that polish just make the silverware glimmer?â€￾
“Grandma, you rest, I’ll get the dishesdone!â€￾
“Wasn’t my pumpkin pie just out of this world?â€￾
How many times have I heard that before? Sometimes I wondered if they’d sell… or even trade me, if the price was right to another family, just to be rid of me. What would they do without me though? They might actually have to learn to cook and clean for themselves. I’ve learned though; I’m nothing to them, just a faceless servant who must cater to the needs of others.
I made it out though. They thought I wasn’t good enough, but I proved I was. When I went to school, I developed a knack for it. I understood math and English and science… even history. I loved it. It was the first thing I ever did for myself. Now though… now I’m in college, and all the hard work paid off because I don’t have to wash their dishes anymore. I’m not Cinderella anymore.
Don’t get me wrong. I still don’t think I’m pretty enough… or funny enough… or smart enough…
But I’m good enough.
And.
One day…
One day they will see…
One day they will understand…
That I am all of those things.
Today isn’t that day though.
</span></span>

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:59 am

wow, what a sad beginning yet it now has an optimistic twist :D
Thats terrible how she has had to live like that, i thought her sisters would at least hav helped to bring her up :( and just support her.
cant wait for more :P

IDIDTHEJRT
Supreme Member

Postby IDIDTHEJRT » Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:05 pm

yay this story is soo good guys trust me give lots of feedback cause it only gets better! And we want more...trust me :)

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:08 pm

man i cant wait to see how this story develops! i swear sometimes i feel the exact same way!!!!! more please!

shortie17
Ultra Member

Postby shortie17 » Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:28 pm

^me too angel
more

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:54 pm

im lovin it :nod:

and i identify w this girl really well

keep it up i seriously like it

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:37 pm

<span style='color:purple'>As I've said a zillion times...you are so descriptive...great job!! MORE PLEASE</span>

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:28 am

Add me to the list of those of you indentifying with this girl. I mean I didn't lose my parents or anything, but I feel like a loser all the time! Anyway, I do like how there seems to be an optimistic twist to her life of sadness!

This looks to be a wonderful story with a great message. I can't wait for more!

jc<3crack
Supreme Member

Postby jc<3crack » Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:39 pm

That was sufficient feedback, so I suppose I can post Chapter 2... make sure you let me know what you all think!

<span style='font-family:Courier'><span style='color:purple'>Chapter two:

Do you ever wish you were someone you’re not? I find myself doing it all the time. Everyone thinks I live such a charmed life, but if they knew the truth, they would understand those moments when I don’t talk, don’t look them in the eye, or even worse, when I lash out. I don’t mean to, I swear, but I find my fuse getting smaller and smaller, shorter and shorter every day that flash bulbs go off in my face, blinding me.
I can’t help but look in the mirror every time I walk by one. Not because I have to get every hair back in place but to see what I have become, a product manufactured by a record company; I’ve become nothing if not a disposable pop star, and I’m sure it will not be long until shelf-life is up.
Sometimes I wish my expiration date was up and I could go back to a life of normalcy. Back when life was simple I idolized others instead of being idolized by the masses. I also remember when dating a simple task; when people liked me for who I was rather than how much money I can spend on them or who will take their picture because they are dating me, or walking with me, or staring at me from across the room. I hate it, sometimes I hate my life sometimes.
I would like nothing more than to find a woman who can love me for the person I am and the person I could be rather than how much cash I have in my wallet and how many records I have made. I want someone who can look into my eyes and see right to the base of me, right to my soul, instead of just looking at the color and marking it down for some teenagers newest webpage.
My life is documented daily, and not by me. Who needs to keep a journal when you can up the Sunday Times and see an array of pictures and a blurb about who you’re sleeping with this week?
“You have an interview!â€￾
“You have a photo shoot!â€￾
“Get in the studio!â€￾
“Write an album!â€￾
“Learn the choreography!â€￾
The long list of things I find on my daily agenda are never about me but what I can do for the public. I never had a problem with charity but I feel like a prostitute, only I’m not on a street corner but in a recording studio, or on a stage, or being interviewed by the likes of Carson Daly on TRL. People say I have everything, but I lack the things that normal people have: relationships with friends and family and a life that is my own and only mine.
“He’s so arrogant!â€￾
Just because I’m not saying anything doesn’t mean I think I’m better than anyone else. I have bad days of my own and I have days where I want to be the introverted depressed person that you can find in coffee shops dressed all in black writing bad poetry. My poetry is my songs, it’s just a job to me. It used to be about the music but as I get older I realize it’s not about the music, it’s definitely not about me either, it’s about money. Cash. I haven’t seen a check in months, but I’m an arrogant rich bastard aren’t I? I knew you’d see it my way.
Sometimes I wish I hadn’t chosen this path. Sometimes I wish that I had gone to high school with the normal kids, played basketball, maybe even gotten a scholarship so I could go to college. Sometimes I wish I had learned the things at the same time all the others kids did. Sometimes I wish I had graduated in front of my peers instead of a huge mass of people who call themselves my fans.
Perhaps you remember it, me onstage with my four “bestâ€￾ friends. Well that’s what the media thinks at least. “Brothers.â€￾ “Best friends.â€￾ More like five guys with a little something in common who hit it big and ended it so my childhood fantasies could be fulfilled. I’ll admit, it was my fault, but let’s be fair. It was an emotional time for me that I made this decision. A decision which changed my life just as much as it has the lives of all of my “best friends.â€￾
Ever been through a breakup in which everyone around you knows what went wrong but you still are clueless? I refer to it as a breakdown, because that’s what happened to me. I was flying solo and that’s what made me cut my friends off. It’s what made me start writing again, but this time I wasn’t writing for all of the people but instead I was writing for me, and they were the most honest words I have ever written because the came straight from the one place I hadn’t known I had; my heart.
People have been telling me since the day I started that my life had changed and that therefore my life would never me the same. I hate to admit it but they are right.
I’m entirely sick of hearing that I’m not good enough. That I’m not living up to my potential when I work twenty-four hours a day for that very purpose. To exercise my art, to learn from my mistakes, and to grow into the person I long to be.
“You can do better!â€￾
“That song sucks!â€￾
“Write!â€￾
“Dance, and try doing it right this time!â€￾
And those are just the nice comments. I wish I wasn’t me.
One day I’m going to prove them all wrong.
One day I will reach my potential and they won’t know what to say, to do… or how to react.
One day I’ll have the courage to walk away.
Today just isn’t that day though.
</span></span>

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:28 pm

<span style='color:purple'>Awww...I love it Crack....more please!!</span>

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:07 pm

I love this story! And I can totally identify with that girl like everyone else said except i haven't lost my parents but i feel the same way as her as if I can never do anything right, as if i am always wrong... Why do i have a feeling that these two people are going to meet somehow?? errr i need more! i need to know what happens! This story is soo good! ahhh more please!?

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:03 pm

I need more, too ... I seriously love knowing the thoughts of these two people. I want this regular girl and the superstar guy to meet. This could be a modern Cinderella story! I'm lovin' it!

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:51 pm

great chapter, i hope they meet 2! that wid b really cool

shortie17
Ultra Member

Postby shortie17 » Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:14 pm

aww this is good

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:12 am

woops didnt comment yet tho i read it the moment you posted it lol

love it so post an update soon! :P

checkers
Supreme Member

Postby checkers » Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:18 pm

MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE

jc<3crack
Supreme Member

Postby jc<3crack » Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:33 pm

Aww! Chex I'm so happy to see you read it! Just for that you get a new chapter! And, since I'm going to class then work and won't be back til 9, there should be a sufficient amount of replies when i return, you hear?

<span style='color:purple'><span style='font-family:Courier'>Chapter three:

“Sarah, why are you doing this to me? How dare you go off and leave me here? Who will cook and clean and take care of me?â€￾ my grandmother said as I packed up my belongings. This was my moment of independence. I have been taking care of her for the past twelve years and now I’m going off and doing something for me; going to college.
“Why do you think I’m doing this to you? I’m not, I’m doing this for me, so I will have a future. Don’t you want me to be happy?â€￾ I asked. I could feel the tears building up in my eyes, but I didn’t let her see them. She always told me crying was a form of weakness. Not that, late at night, I didn’t hear her crying over her lost husband and children, but she never let us see her cry. She merely scolded us for having a sense of emotion. It is because of her that I almost doubt I will ever find love. I’m not sure I even know how to love, “Can’t Katie or Shana take care of you?â€￾
“But they are too young, I need you here, you’re the only one that can,â€￾ my grandmother claimed.
“They are older than me, 19 and 20 aren’t too young to start taking responsibility and showing a little gratitude for taking them in. I’ve been showing my gratitude for 12 years and I think it’s about time that you show some gratitude and let me leave. Give me a chance at having a life that doesn’t involve slinging hamburgers,â€￾ I said. The rage in my voice was obvious, and she knew that she wasn’t going to win. I wasn’t going to lose, that was for sure. I felt her take a step back.
“Shana, make me some coffee, and Katie, you’re cooking dinner tonight. Your sister is going off to college to make a life for herself and it’s about time you stopped bossing her around and started earning your keep here,â€￾ she said and I smiled.
I turned around to hug her, “Thank you for understanding,â€￾ she hugged me back, which surprised me because I don’t remember a single time when she had ever shown affection; another sign of emotion, therefore another sign of weakness. I was used to it though; I was used to having no one to hug, to embrace, to love.
“Don’t thank me, let me thank you,â€￾ she kissed my cheek and hugged me tightly for another moment before she stepped back, “Now don’t miss your bus.â€￾
“I won’t,â€￾ I smiled one last time before I gathered up my bags. It was going to be a long trip from Rhode Island down to Orlando, but the ends were definitely worth the means.
I probably looked like a hobo sitting on top of my luggage waiting at the bus stop.
Waiting.
Still waiting.
My butt hurts.
Still waiting.
I looked at my watch and concluded the bus wasn’t coming. I am nearly missing my flight. I dragged my stuff back home and pleaded with my grandmother to let Katie drive me to the airport. After pleading and groveling, she finally let her. I still had half an hour to get through all the security, and I could see the line was massive.
“You lost my reservation?â€￾ I heard myself shout, “I have my confirmation numbers right here! This can’t be!â€￾ I showed the woman the paper and she analyzed it for a moment.
“I am so sorry, let me go talk to someone and see what I can do for you, because this flight is booked,â€￾ she said as she searched for a manager. She came back with one a moment later.
“I apologize for how I must have come off, but I have to be at my school tomorrow,â€￾ I said, you catch more with honey than vinegar, so I have to maintain my temper. Though, I was mere moments away from flying off the handle. My sanity and my nerves were broken down, and this just might break me.
“No, I apologize. On behalf of American Airlines I want to upgrade you on the very next flight to Orlando and refund any money you may have already paid,â€￾ he was nice about it at least.
“That’s great, but when is the next flight?â€￾ I asked taking a deep breath.
“It’s in three hours. I know that’s a long time to wait, so why don’t you go get some food, on me of course, and visit some of our shops,â€￾ he said as he whipped out an airport gift card (who knew they had such a thing? Not me that was for sure.).
“Thank you, that is very generous of you,â€￾ I said as I took the gift card, and took the freshly printed, still warm tickets, and made my way to the security line.
Three hours in orange plastic seats not only seems like an eternity, but I’m convinced it was. Little kids ran around me like we were at a zoo, and parents, as per usual, couldn’t keep their wits about them as they chased them about. One of the children sat next to me for a while, what an experience, to have a eight-year-old child mimic all your actions.
“What are you doing?â€￾ he asked, looking up at me wide-eyed, chocolate all around his mouth; no wonder he was hyper.
“I’m reading,â€￾ I said in my best little-kid voice, I then went back to reading.
“What are you reading?â€￾ he asked.
“A magazine,â€￾ I said without looking up.
“My mommy says it ain’t good to read magazines and comic books because they don’t help you in anyway. Reading books not only edumacates you but helps you to build your vocabalary. But I like to read comic books, do you like Spider Man?â€￾ he asked.
I rolled my eyes, I had to stop myself from telling him his mother’s mentally ill, after all if I’m going to be a teacher, I have to get used to this, it’ll be a daily thing, “Yeah, Spider Man is cool, but I like Batman better,â€￾ I said. I finally gave in and put the magazine in my lap and just talked to him about who the better Batman was. He had acquired more useless information in his eight years than I had in my eighteen. No wonder his mother doesn’t like him to read comic books, there probably won’t be enough room in that brain of his to learn how to spell and add.
After a two-hour debate on whether Spider Man was a real superhero or not, the boarding calls began. I grabbed my backpack and got in line. It was like star treatment; I was pushed to the front of the line, given food and drinks before anyone else. This was really the way to fly. They should lose my reservations more often.
“Excuse me,â€￾ a man said as he brushed over my lap and took the seat next to me.
“Lucky man, you get the window seat,â€￾ I laughed slightly.
“Yeah, I mean, I’ll let you lean over me when we’re going over something worth seeing,â€￾ he smiled, “Actually, if you want to trade,â€￾ he said seriously, “The novelty starts to wear off when you travel as much as I do,â€￾ he explained.
“No, that’s okay, I’m scared of heights,â€￾ I admitted, “I prefer getting my elbows hit by the drink cart than look out that tiny little submarine window.â€￾
“I’m Justin,â€￾ he put his hand out for me to shake.
“Sarah,â€￾ I said, shaking his hand, “It’s nice to meet you.â€￾
“Very nice,â€￾ he said.
I brushed the hair out of my face and leaned back against the seat, “I have to admit, I have never flown before.â€￾
“Well, do you like roller coasters?â€￾ he winked at me.
“Not funny! No, I hate them.â€￾
“I’m just kidding,â€￾ he laughed as he rest his hand over mine, “I’ve flown enough times for the both of us, just stick with me, kid.â€￾
I looked at his hand over mine and then smiled up at him. I didn’t even feel the lift off, I was already up in the air. My heart was beating fast, but I wasn’t scared. Now, all I have to do his look for his white horse, because I think he just saved my life.
He didn’t know it yet, but maybe I did.
He was, at that moment, the one thing that was keeping me from grabbing a parachute and getting off that plane.
He is the man I’m going to marry.
</span></span>

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:43 pm

“No, I apologize. On behalf of American Airlines I want to upgrade you on the very next flight to Orlando and refund any money you may have already paid,â€￾ he was nice about it at least.

okay if that was real life that would be NICE

in reality airlines suck and theyre the unfriendliest people :lol:
i broke my ankle and i could barely walk and they did sh** for me

good chapter!! really like this story!

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:13 pm

awww i'm glad that her grandma let her leave and made her sisters take some responsibility for themselves :nod: and that lucky girl gets to sit on a whole entire plane ride down to Orlando with justin how awesome would that be? more please!!??

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Thu Nov 20, 2003 6:42 pm

great chapter i had something very similar happen to me when i was waiting for my flight back to the states from athens greece! that was so weird that you wrote about the spiderman being a real superhero because that was what my convo with this 10 year old boy was!

more more more more more

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:58 am

I'm so glad that Sarah is finally getting away and living for herself. She is very brave and kind for devoting her life to her grandmother! Maybe people wouldn't give up their lives like that. Very commendable!

I would die if I got to sit next to Justin the whole plane ride. I'd be the biggest geek and end up staring at him the whole time and he'd probably get security to remove my a$$ from the seat! What fun!

He is the man I’m going to marry.

I had to crack up at this line b/c I had a teenybopper moment at my Justified concert and thought that to myself when he was singing "Cry Me A River." I'm a geek ... shoot me!

checkers
Supreme Member

Postby checkers » Sat Nov 22, 2003 4:11 pm

damn...she already knows she is gonna bag Justin to the alter hmmmm GO SARAH LMAO.......

I like cracks way of writing, heres an example

I probably looked like a hobo sitting on top of my luggage waiting at the bus stop.
Waiting.
Still waiting.
My butt hurts.
Still waiting.
I looked at my watch and concluded the bus wasn’t coming.

When writing, open thoughts like that crack (no pun intended) me up.

Good Job Kristen lets have some more.

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:09 pm

<span style='color:purple'>Woohoo...love the last line...I love when that happens.
Did you know that there are like ten 'OTHER' men that I'm gonna marry???

Lance, JC, John, Rob...lmao....the list goes on and on and on and on...</span>

checkers
Supreme Member

Postby checkers » Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:10 pm

is the list as long as our hit list tasha lmao

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:18 pm

<span style='color:purple'> :whisper: even longer... :lick: :chew: :chatter: </span>

checkers
Supreme Member

Postby checkers » Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:19 pm

once again STEW I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU LMAO.....

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:22 pm

<span style='color:purple'>Don't feel sorry for him cause right now...he's lucky to be alive...trust me...</span>

checkers
Supreme Member

Postby checkers » Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:36 pm

what did he do now?

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:40 pm

<span style='color:purple'>let's just say...things are...tense</span>

IDIDTHEJRT
Supreme Member

Postby IDIDTHEJRT » Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:20 pm

ok want to clear something up lol

Sarah doesn't know who Justin is, if you think of it like that then it makes it seems like she's a teenybopper or something but she doesn't know it's him lol

And that's like straight from the writers mouth there lol B)

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:31 pm

Oh, I didn't realize that Sarah doesn't know who Justin is! That makes a difference ... she's not a weirdo with teenybopper moments like myself!

Thanks for the info. on that one or else I would have been reading your story wrong!

jc<3crack
Supreme Member

Postby jc<3crack » Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:40 pm

Yeah, everytime I was reading the replies it was throwing me off, and since I couldn't connect last night, I had IDID just give you the heads up that she doesn't realize who he is; she does kind of live under a rock after all.

Will post the next chapter later when I get back to school.

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:31 pm

Will post the next chapter later when I get back to school.

<span style='color:purple'>Waiting patiently...kind of...lol :ph34r: </span>

JustinsSugar
Ultra Member

Postby JustinsSugar » Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:47 pm

I WANT MORE!! CRACK!! NOW!!!!!

~JESSIE

jc<3crack
Supreme Member

Postby jc<3crack » Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:29 pm

Ooo you guys are getting restless... I guess I should post some more huh?

Okay, I guess I could do that for you....

Lotsa feedback though, okay?

<span style='color:purple'><span style='font-family:Courier'>Chapter four:

“You have to get packed! My God, your stuff is strewn all over the room, were you raised in a barn?â€￾ my agent asked as she looked about the disheveled room. Momma would have kicked her ass if she heard her say that, I’m a big enough man where I don’t have to hit woman, but my mom would.
“Actually, if you take a closer look, it’s your son’s stuff… maybe if you didn’t bring your kid to you place of business, we wouldn’t be having this conversation,â€￾ I countered. That f***ing kid… what a brat. Eight years old, if I step on one more Spider Man toy or he tells me Spider Man is a real super hero one more time, I’m going to throw him out of the plane. Thank God they are flying in coach.
She didn’t say anything, just looked at me, that death stare that she’s mastered in her time with me. Ya damn right she didn’t say anything, who pays her damn salary? Who keeps her wallet lined and her child’s bedroom filled with Spider Man action figures? Oh yeah, that’s me. Okay, I’ll get down off my high horse now.
“You… uh… have to be at the airport in a half an hour, Mr. Timberlake,â€￾ she said meekly as she sifted through the clothes that were all across the floor, “You’ll, of course, be waiting in the VIP lounge, guarded by Lonnie, as per usual.â€￾
“Thank you, I will see you there,â€￾ I said. That’s right b****, treat me with respect. Sometimes I just want to shout out loud. I hate when people act all fake, or act like I’m an idiot because I’m a celebrity. I could buy them if I wanted; of course I wouldn’t, but the fact remains that I pretty much could. I wouldn’t care so much about the abuse if they were at least nice about it; if you tell me to do something in a nice tone, you actually garner a chance at me doing what you asked.
I was driven to the airport, and as usual Lonnie and I sat in the back and shot the sh**, talked about how much of a b**** Carol, afore mentioned agent, is and how I really need to start looking for a new one. I can’t even remember the last time I did an interview which didn’t surround my breakup with BJS. And, not to mention, I’m in a little hick town in Rhode Island that no one has ever heard of. I’ll admit, I barely knew what Rhode Island was in the first place, but I figured I’d get booked at a more popular place than a theater so fondly referred to as “The Dunk?â€￾ Anybody get it? Because I certainly don’t.
I spent my hour after going through countless security checks, in the solitude of the VIP lounge. It wasn’t very big, probably because most very important people stayed home when asked if they wanted to visit the Ocean state.
Then, on my way to the airplane, this adorable little girl came running up to me and she had the cutest faces, those dimples and huge blue eyes. I just wanted to pinch her cheeks, of course I refrained from doing so, but the temptation was there all right.
“Awe you?â€￾ she stared right up at me and pointed her finger at my face.
“Yeah, but shhh, okay?â€￾ I knelt down to her level. She couldn’t have been more than 5 years old.
She nodded profusely, “Will you sign this?â€￾ she whispered as she whipped out an *NSYNC album from behind her back, like magic. What are the changes?
“Sure, honey,â€￾ I said as I signed my name to the front cover. That’s a blast from the past. I can’t even say I remember the last time I talked to any of them. Last thing I knew Lance was going to space, JC was writing for a new album, Joey was going to be in Rent and Chris… Chris was just aging away in Pennsylvania.
“Thank you,â€￾ she said and I kissed her on the cheek. I saw her blush as she turned around and made her away back to her waiting family.
“Where have you been?â€￾ Carol started in again. The ice b**** strikes again. I saw her son pestering some beautiful girl in those plastic orange chairs and I held the deepest sympathy for that poor soul.
“They are called fans, people who buy my records and pay your salary,â€￾ I said. I couldn’t take it anymore, “Get off my case,â€￾ I started, I didn’t want to make a scene but I was her boss, not the other way around, “You are in a privileged position and I suggest that if you want to keep your job you realize that you work for me, not the other way around.â€￾
I got in line without looking at Carol again, she was just left staring down at her feet, probably trying to figure out if she had just been fired or not. Half the plane had boarded already, and for once I didn’t let them rush me to the front of the line. I felt like being just an average Joe for a day rather than the person I am. I waited for my turn to board and I did with the rest of the normal people. I really envy them sometimes, they have the ability to go anywhere and do anything and they don’t have to ask for permission. I feel like I’m still in grade school, still too young to cross the street by myself.
I handed the woman my ticket and crossed through the terminal and onto the plane. That girl was sitting in my row, the one that was probably cursing Stan Lee, the man who created Spider Man, I find myself doing that every day.
“Excuse me,â€￾ I said as I brushed past her, careful so she felt me cross her, but not enough to garner a punch in the nose. You never know, we live in a time where women carry guns in their purses… though I’m probably giving Rhode Island a tad too much credit.
“Lucky man, you get the window seat,â€￾ she said to me as I took my seat and stuffed my luggage beneath my chair. Just as fast as the words escaped her mouth she was silent again, back to reading some book that I couldn’t make out the title of.
“Yeah, I mean, I’ll let you lean over me when we’re going over something worth seeing,â€￾ I smiled at her, it made her smile, kind of makes me happy when I have the ability to make someone over the age of fourteen smile, “Actually, if you want to trade,â€￾ I said seriously this time, “the novelty starts to wear off when you travel as much as I do,â€￾ I said, I didn’t want to explain why I was a traveler if she didn’t know anyway. Someone who thinks I’m normal, what an incredible idea.
“No, that’s okay, I’m scared of heights,â€￾ she said bashfully, “I prefer getting my elbows hit by the drink cart than look out that tiny little submarine window.â€￾
“I’m Justin,â€￾ I said as I extended my hand out hope she would shake it.
“Sarah,â€￾ she replied as she shook my hand, “It’s nice to meet you,â€￾ and she smiled again. This time I smiled too, there aren’t many girls that can make you smile just by showing theirs. This one’s is obviously worth getting to know.
“Very nice.â€￾
She brushed the hair off her face and out of her eyes as she leaned back against the back of her seat. She looked nervous. Who could blame her? Airplanes have the tendency to be scary death-trap like contraptions. It’s not exactly my choice mode of travel, but then again, I don’t get my choice very much of the time.
“I’ve never flown before,â€￾ she admitted bashfully, not that there was anything to be embarrassed about. I like having my two feet firmly planted in the ground just as much as anyone, but flying sure beats scuba diving.
“Well, do you like roller coasters?â€￾ I asked her, giving her a little wink as well.
“Not funny! No! I hate them!â€￾ she retorted, covering her face with her hands and hiding her icy blue eyes. Probably second to her smile, her best feature.
“I’m just kidding,â€￾ I laughed slightly as I took a chance, a big change, and rested my hand on top of hers, slowly but surely intertwining our fingers together, “I’ve flown enough times for the both us, just stick with me, kid,â€￾ I added.
I held her hand as the plane took off, and for the first time in a long time, I felt safe and at ease. I may have just met her, but the girl was saving my life and she didn’t even know it. She’s my rock, the one thing that keeps me grounded.
I can tell.
She’s the woman I’m going to marry.
</span></span>

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:51 pm

<span style='color:purple'>K....I am so having a silly moment as I squeal about this comment!!!
</span>
She’s the woman I’m going to marry.

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:58 pm

aww this ist the cutest story :clap:

good job!!

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:59 pm

do I sense Forshadowing? Let's hope so!!! Aww that lil girls sounds soo cute! :wub: more please!

checkers
Supreme Member

Postby checkers » Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:25 am

then hit vegas you guys and get to the nookie part lol!!!!!!!!!!1

ok i will be good. :ph34r:

IDIDTHEJRT
Supreme Member

Postby IDIDTHEJRT » Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:38 am

aww chex lol

OK seriously this story is so cute... i read it so much lol so let's get some more... and uh kristen... get writing :P

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:22 am

Oh my gosh, this story is so cute! I love when stories flip back and forth between the two people. Yipee! I know that I am going to enjoy this story beyond words!

then hit vegas you guys and get to the nookie part lol!!!!!!!!!!

Now that's what I'm talkin' about. :D

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:14 pm

MILE HIGH CLUB?!?!? more more more! is anyone here from RI? i wonder how long it takes to drive accross the state?

IDIDTHEJRT
Supreme Member

Postby IDIDTHEJRT » Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:23 pm

:D an hour

checkers
Supreme Member

Postby checkers » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:20 pm

crack writes nookie, I know she does :lick: lmao I am a goof and I hope ej does not come into this story and see this he will never let me live it down.

jc<3crack
Supreme Member

Postby jc<3crack » Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:12 pm

Yes, I write nookie, I suppose... I just haven't for this story yet.

And believe me Angel, it takes more time than you think to drive across the state, however, to get out it takes like five minutes.

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:09 pm

<span style='color:purple'>I hate to stick my nose in but...get writing Crack....we need a little nookie!!!</span> :ph34r:
:lol:

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:04 pm

an hour

yall know what its like to live in Belgium
:lol:

but atleast were not as small as luxembourg

we need a little nookie!!!

:nod: :walks away quitely:

jc<3crack
Supreme Member

Postby jc<3crack » Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:13 pm

You guys are too funny.... all in due time... I don't want them joining the mile high club!

I guess I could post the next chapter though.... dont forget the feedback, you are all gettin good!
<span style='color:purple'><span style='font-family:Courier'>
Chapter five:

The four hour plane ride seemed like four minutes while I sat next to Justin. He kept the entire thing interesting, telling me about his life, and his family. I think we each got up to the year 1995 in our own personal timelines before the plane landed and it was time to depart. I felt my heart creep into my throat with the fear that I may never see this person again, but before I could say a word, “Can I… call you sometime?â€￾ he asked as he began to gather up his carry-on bags and stand up.
“Yeah… well… I guess… I know you’re going to think this is totally stupid, but I don’t have a cell phone and I don’t know my number at school yet,â€￾ I said, feeling kind of like a caveman still rolling around on a stone wheel while all my compatriots were playing with fire.
He seemed unsure for a moment, “Take mine,â€￾ he said, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a cellular phone, one of those cool flip ones too, I think it even might take pictures. What a contraption.
“Justin, no, I can’t do that,â€￾ he stuffed it into my backpack without another word, “I’ll return it to you and pay you when I get my phone installed, I promise.â€￾
“No you won’t, a gift from me to you, I have another one at home, I’ll call you tonight,â€￾ Justin said. He kissed me on the cheek and then he disappeared within a mass of people.
I want to say he’s perfect, because he is, just a country boy at heart caught up in this crazy world of ours. He’s beautiful too… curly brown hair, cut close to his head, and piercing blue eyes unlike anyone I’ve ever seen before. And I’m sure underneath all those clothes, there’s a muscular, built man. He had strong hands too, warm hands…. Warm hands, warm heart, I could tell that about him without touching his hands though.
He looked at me like no one else ever did. He looked into my eyes, but there was something behind his gaze; he looked at me like I was the only person in the world; the center of his universe; like there was no one else around. And when I was with him, I felt like I was the only person in the world; the center of his universe; like there was no one else around… just the two of us.
I was probably the last one to get off the plane. I saw that damn kid again but this time he was talking to his mother about Spider Man, poor woman. Now, how does one of these things work? I looked at the phone and there was no key that said on, or power… am I supposed to know what these symbols mean? When it rang I nearly dropped it. I flipped it open, “Hello?â€￾ I probably sounded confused but then it kept ringing. I looked at it, and it said accept, sure, I’ll try it, “Hello?â€￾ I asked, still confused.
“Hi… I couldn’t wait until tonight… I hope you don’t mind,â€￾ I heard Justin say from the other end. My knees went weak for a moment, but I caught my balance quickly.
“I don’t mind…â€￾ I smiled to myself. I could feel my entire being glowing, beaming from the inside out.
“When can I see you again?â€￾ he asked; he sounded anxious, and I had to admit, it was someone sexy.
“Well, sir, I need help trying to figure out how to work this contraption I’m holding right here, I didn’t even know it was on, maybe you can give me a lesson,â€￾ I said, biting my lip in anticipation of what he was going to say.
“Where are you staying tonight? You don’t move in until tomorrow, right?â€￾ Justin asked, I have to admit, he’s got a really good memory, for a guy.
“I was going to get a hotel room, I guess, I hadn’t really thought about it,â€￾ I answered. So much for planning ahead, I wasn’t too good with that, I had to admit. I felt someone tap me on the shoulder, I turned around and there was Justin on another cell phone. Do they appear out of magic around this guy? Nothing would surprise me.
“Stay at my house,â€￾ he shut his phone and I shut his other phone, that I was using.
“I can’t do that, first I take your phone and now I stay at your house, that’s really nice of you but, I’d be taking advantage,â€￾ I said, shaking my head but in my head thinking of how perfect it would be.
“I never said it was free,â€￾ he said winking at me, “You have to… cook me dinner,â€￾ he wrapped his arms around my waist but I didn’t let him kiss me, I turned my head. Why?
I don’t know.
“I can do that,â€￾ I smiled up at him, punched him in the arm, like I was one of his guy friends, and started walking toward baggage claim, cursing my actions.
He had a limo pick him up from the airport, and not even like a small one, a stretch limo. That’s crazy! Who is this guy? I should have known when we pulled into his gated community of a property that I should really rethink this, but how bad could it be?
It could be the playboy mansion with Justin dressed in a red silk robe, surrounded by naked women.
He could be a drug dealer.
He could be a pimp.
The possibilities were endless.
As we sat down to dinner, I cooked pasta for him… simple and since there was nothing else in the entire kitchen aside from moldy bread and mustard, what a combination, it had to suffice.
“So who are you Justin?â€￾
“What do you mean?â€￾ he replied as he took a bite of his food, and licked his lips.
“I mean… look at this place, and after some… let’s call it friendly snooping, I know you’re not Hugh Hefner, you’re not a drug dealer, and you’re not a pimp, so who are you?â€￾
“Let’s forget who I am for now, I love that you don’t know. I love that I can be real with you,â€￾ he said as he inched closer to me. I could feel his warm breath on my face.
“Please don’t kiss me,â€￾ I heard myself say but I felt myself not mean. My entire body yearned for his lips to touch mine, but he did as I said and he backed away from me.
“What’s the matter?â€￾ he looked into my eyes, and for the first time, when I looked back, I saw that someone cared. He was the first one to ever care.
“I’m not… experienced… at all… I mean… you have to go slow with me… I have never even been on a date before,â€￾ I said. I was so embarrassed, it’s not something you want to admit to someone who is stealing you heart with every word he breathes.
“It’s okay, kid,â€￾ he kissed my forehead, “I have all the time in the world.â€￾
We finished dinner quietly and we went up to his room so he could tell me who he was, “Can I please kiss you?â€￾ he asked, as we sat, facing each other on his bed.
“Why?â€￾ I played along.
“Because,â€￾ he began seriously, “I want you to kiss me now as Justin, because what I show you… it could change everything, and I want to remember this forever,â€￾ Justin finished, and before I knew it, he didn’t have to kiss me because I was already kissing him.
I felt everything… fireworks, sparks, butterflies, and the next thing I knew I was on top of him. I don’t know what came over me but I was pealing off his clothes. As I pulled down his pants, I guided them down his legs and kissed every inch of them when I came upon a tattoo.
“Nsync?â€￾ I questioned as I read the word surrounded by flames at the base of his leg.
Justin bit his lip and nodded at me. He was right, this would change everything. So much for low-key, wall flower Sarah. If this continued, that girl wouldn’t exist anymore, but without him, the new Sarah wouldn’t exist either.
When I was in Rhode Island, with my family, I didn’t think I could ever love anyone, I didn’t think I would know how because no one ever showed and proved that they loved me.
But I think…
I’m catching on quickly.
</span></span>

checkers
Supreme Member

Postby checkers » Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:28 pm

see nookie, she is already stripping his ass :nod:

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:29 pm

<span style='color:purple'>Woohoo....she is definitely catching on quickly. I love how this relationship has completely changed her life...and his!
More please </span>

Return to “Fan Fiction”