Separate Lives

Hannahjtimberlake
Ultra Member

Postby Hannahjtimberlake » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:47 pm

hmmmm i'm gettin the feelin' sumthin is gonna come bout Justin so i'm leaning towards Lance's side. :confused: :unsure:

We need some Lance nookie though :nod:

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:04 am

LMAO ZOe...you kill me!! He is just a little taller then her...does that help??

:rofl:

i cant help it seriously
i hope it changes next chapter how i visualize lance
my mind is weird :shrug:
but yeah otherwise this couple is gonna keep bein weird to me lol i need to visualize lance taller
i dunno why i cant get the image out that hes like a foot shorter than her :lol:

tash lol did you read on the caitlin story

JC story? :pouts:

or do whatever member just make me hook up w him in some story:rofl:

aww hannahj thanx :hug:
i appreciate that

JC love baby !!!
:lol:

Hannahjtimberlake
Ultra Member

Postby Hannahjtimberlake » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:21 am

zozon3 wrote: aww hannahj thanx :hug:
i appreciate that

its ok u deserve it! :D

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:24 pm

tash lol did you read on the caitlin story

JC story? :pouts:

or do whatever member just make me hook up w him in some story:rofl:

<span style='color:red'> :blink:

Are you need of a Joshie story??? hee hee

I'm going to post another chapter here folks but I kinda wished I had a little more feedback...

Separate Lives: Chapter 10

I locked myself into the spare bedroom until I heard Jim and Diane wake. It was just barely past seven but I was determined to get out of the house before Lance woke. Thankfully his schedule was far from ours and I managed to make a quick excuse and head over to Billy’s.
Getting away from Billy’s wasn’t so easy. He wanted answers and I was not prepared to tell him that his two best friends made out last night. So the usual ‘I don’t feel well, must be women problems’ managed to get me on the next flight back home and far away from Lance.
Jessie on the other hand wasn’t so easy to trick. She allowed me to leave but phoned me as soon as I got home. She gave in and accepted my answer but knew there was something more to it but insisted that if I wanted to talk about it I must phone.
I managed to throw myself into marking and the final exam long enough to get through the rest of the holidays without problems. Lance had phoned everyday and left messages but I wasn’t ready. I just couldn’t talk to him yet.
It was now 5 pm on New Year’s Eve and I was happily half way through my bottle of wine and almost finished writing the final exam. I was on a roll. Hell at this pace I would e done by the time I finished the bottle.
Sitting on the floor in front of the couch, using it for support with the coffee table as my desk I mumbled “This is so much fun. Just me, wine and work.â€￾
I leaned against the couch for support and pushed myself up, deciding I needed a snack. As I made my way to the kitchen the telephone rang. Switching directions I went and answered the phone.
“Happy New Year!â€￾ I slurred into the telephone.
“Happy New Year to you too baby.â€￾
I giggled when I realized who it was “Hi Justin.â€￾
“I’ve been worried about you, where you been hiding?â€￾
“Me? I’ve been home.â€￾
“That doesn’t explain why you haven’t been answering your phone.â€￾
“I haven’t wanted to talk.â€￾ I answered honestly.
A little chuckle and he replied “Sometimes your too honest Brooke.â€￾
“Thank you.â€￾
“What are you doing tonight?â€￾
“Working and drinking...in no particular order.â€￾
“Feel like some company?â€￾
“Sure, wanna help me write the final?â€￾
“That sounds exciting but I was thinking...you, me and the Times Square countdown.â€￾
“Not as exciting but it’ll do.â€￾ I teased.
“The plane lands around 11 tonight.â€￾
“Sounds good.â€￾ I hung up and went into the kitchen and decided to throw something together for a late dinner.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When Justin arrived I was lying on the couch in my jammies....exhausted.
He followed me back to the couch and snuggled in behind me “How you doing Brooke?â€￾
“I’m good J, you?â€￾ I asked as I kept my eyes glued to the television.
“I’m a little worried about you.â€￾
“Why?â€￾
“Lance told me what happened.â€￾
I closed my eyes, wanting to pretend he hadn’t in fact just said that.
“Now...are you really ok?â€￾
“Yeah, I’m fine.â€￾
He pulled me closer into him and held me there “Ok, I’ll let it go for now. It is almost midnight.â€￾
When the clock stuck 12 he leaned in and gave me a sweet, gentle kiss and then returned to his position.
The next thing I remember is getting the phone call around 4 am.

NOW...does that help with the Justin and Lance dilemma???
Your turn...
Tash

</span>

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:32 pm

YOU GET IT JUSTIN!! lol ok i'm rooting for justin at this moment in time....ahhh i need more!! you can't do this to me!

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:22 pm

yeah im with Justin too lol

hes just so sweet in this story :lol:

cant wait for the next chapter!

Are you need of a Joshie story??? hee hee

yes :nod: :lonely:
i want some josh lovin :(

:lol:

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:28 pm

i want some josh lovin  

<span style='color:purple'>I'll have to see if I have anything for you!!!
</span>

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:39 pm

thank ya tash :hug: :D

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:43 pm

<span style='color:purple'>No Joshie except the ones I already posted...only a couple Lance ones...sorry!!! :unsure: </span>

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:55 pm

its all good
i dont have time at the mo :(
im swamped
then i leave for Belgium :yay:

gone for a month ill go find a good joshie story :nod: hehe

god i hope it keeps snowin then i dont have to go to school tomorrow.....woop woop

Hannahjtimberlake
Ultra Member

Postby Hannahjtimberlake » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:09 am

ooh ooh ooh i want some lance stories!!! :lol:

I'm sticking up for lance in this one he just makes me wanna stick up for him! i don't know why! :shrug:

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:15 pm

go justin! Go justin!!!
:clap:

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:08 pm

<span style='color:red'>Thank you for all the feedback folks!!
The next few chapters are very difficult so I need major feedback...please??????

Separate Lives: Chapter 11

“What the hell do you mean? You had me fly out here immediately and you won’t tell me what’s wrong with them?â€￾ I shouted.
“I’m sorry Miss but I...â€￾
“NO, I’m sorry! I am going into that room with or without your permission!â€￾ I snapped and pushed my way past the nurse that was keeping me from my friends.
Not knowing exactly where I was going I pushed through the double doors and right into a double trauma room.
I found Jessie on one side and Billy on the other. Doctors and nurses surrounded both beds and worked furiously moving around each other in a rapid pace. I stood for a moment watching, speechless.
‘Could this really be happening?’
A nurse noticed me standing there and quickly made her way over and ushered me out of the room.
“Your the next of kin?â€￾
I nodded, unable to say a word.
“I’ll send the doctor out to speak with you as soon as we know something more about their condition. As of right now all we know is that they both are in serious condition.â€￾ She pointed over to a police officer that stood a few feet away and continued “Officer Blake may be able to answer a few questions for you.â€￾
I nodded once again as she ushered me over to him, explained who I was and hurried back into the trauma room.
I looked up to the officer still unable to say a word. The past few hours were a blur. After receiving the phone call from the hospital Justin and I immediately went to the airport hoping to get in the next flight. Of course there were none available so Justin chartered a plane and we managed to make it back here in record timing.
I don’t really remember the ride to the hospital, just arguing with the nurse who refused to allow me to see Jess and Billy and going in anyway, completely unprepared for what I saw.
“Miss?â€￾
I shook my head and brought myself back to the moment “Yes?â€￾
“Did you hear what I said?â€￾
“No sir, I’m sorry.â€￾
“I understand. Your friends were on their way home from a New Year’s party when a driver rounded the corner and drove directly into them. The driver, Jessica’s tox screen came back well within normal levels, so alcohol was definitely not a factor in their case. Unfortunately, the oncoming driver was under the influence, we knew this because from the tire tracks at the scene. He made no attempt to miss them, we suspect he had too much too drink and fell asleep. I’m very sorry.â€￾
Justin had been standing behind me and made his presence known with a hand on my shoulder.
I ignored him and stared at he officer, waiting for him to tell me something else. Tell me something that could make me understand. Granted, he told me all the details but he sure as hell didn’t how this could happen?
How could a responsible couple, who chose to have a designated driver get hit? Where the hell is the justice? What about the kids?
“Oh my God, where are the kids?â€￾ I mumbled.
“They are still at home with sitter. We contacted her and she agreed to stay with them until we contact her again.â€￾
“Who is it? Who’s with them?â€￾
He looked down at his notepad “Stacey and Ford. Young couple that are family friends. They are happy to help out. Seems that her parents will join them later this morning.â€￾
“Thank goodness,â€￾ I turned to Justin “where’s Lance?â€￾
He shrugged “I don’t know baby but I’ll go and find out.â€￾
I nodded and walked over to the bench that stood right outside of the rooms that my friends were in. I buried my face into my hands and sobbed softly as the reality of the night came crashing down.
“Brooklyn?â€￾
I felt a lump in my throat as I heard the familiar voice and looked up to find Lance sitting beside me. Without a word I threw my arms around him and we sobbed together. Sobbed for our best friends who were a room away, fighting for their lives.
“I can’t find him Brooke...â€￾ his voice trailed off when he realized that I Lance was in fact with me.
Lance quickly turned when he recognized the voice “What the f*** are you doing here?â€￾
Lance stood and I followed suit and placed my hand on his chest “He chartered me a plane so I could get here.â€￾ I defended.
His eyes left Justin‘s and turned to me “He was with you?â€￾
I hesitated and he took a step towards Justin “You just don’t get it do you? You can’t just stay the f*** away from her?â€￾
“Lance this isn’t the time...â€￾
“f*** you Timberlake. You have no business here, now f*** off!â€￾ he shouted.
With all the commotion around us there raised voices weren’t even noticed.
“Lance...â€￾ I reached for him again and he walked away.
He shoved Justin “Did you hear me? f*** off loverboy!â€￾
“Lance it isn’t like that, just listen to...â€￾ Justin defended as he tried to keep things as calm as possible.
I quickly reached for his shoulder determined to get him away as I saw the anger rise, only I was too late. He delivered a right hook with the efficiency of a seasoned boxer. Justin went flying back into the wall and suddenly there were three men around keeping Lance and Justin from each other. Justin completely stunned, stared at once of his best friends in amazement and Lance returned the stare only with contempt.
I stepped between them and looked at Lance “This is not the place for this you stubborn ass!â€￾
As I was about to continue I was interrupted by a doctor emerging from the trauma rooms “Are you the next of kin?â€￾
I nodded and quickly made my way over “What’s going on doctor?â€￾
He motioned to the bench and answered “Please sit down...â€￾

Ok..what do you think???
Tasha</span>

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:55 pm

holy crap! Lance you better get control of your life! If you like her then you need to tell her your feelings...just kissing doesn't really mean that you like her....boy you need to figure out where want things to go and back off of Justin...he's only trying to do by right by her.....ahhhh i need to know what the doctor says! don't make me wait any longer! more More MORE!!! :lol:

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:25 pm

lance needs to chill lol
justin was sweet
i imagined lance taller this time :D
good chapter hun
i wanna know what happens soon :nod:

post more :P

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:56 pm

<span style='color:purple'>LMAO...glad we fixed that Lance problem for ya!!!
Thanks for all the feedback guys...keep it coming!!

Zoe, wanted to let you know that I have decided to begin a second part to the Josh and Lizzie story (the adoption story). There is so much more to Josh, Lizzie and Emma that needs to be told. Who knows maybe bimbo ex-girlfriend will make an appearance or two? :shrug: </span>

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:59 pm

ooo we get a sequel to Josh and Lizzie :yay: I :wub: ed that story! The sequel had better be just as good though :nod: ahh i'm happy now! lol

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:00 pm

Zoe, wanted to let you know that I have decided to begin a second part to the Josh and Lizzie story

:yay: :crazyjump:

There is so much more to Josh, Lizzie and Emma that needs to be told. Who knows maybe bimbo ex-girlfriend will make an appearance or two?

or hell we could just make Lizzie become a cold-hearted b****
and in comes Zoe the sweet girl that JC falls for and she saves the family :ph34r:
:rofl: :rofl:

no hehe but ill be really happy if you continue that story it was so cute

and yes very glad we fixed the problem
:nod:
now when he and brooke kiss again
i hope that image doesnt come up again :blink:

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:02 pm

<span style='color:purple'>LMAO...I'll have to make mention that she is on a stool to be his height! Or tip toes!!!</span>

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:04 pm

hmm lol that might be good

hopefully it wont make lance look even shorter in my mind then tho :unsure:

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:31 pm

I CANT BELIEVE I MISSED 3 CHAPTERS!!!! WHERE THE HELL HAVE I BEEN!!!!!!!!! ok so this is an amazing story! i am so torn!!! i mean it sounds like j actually feels for her and yet lance obviously does too! but boys violence is never the answer. oh man oh man i cant wait to see what happens next!!!!!

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:16 pm

<span style='color:red'>I'm pretty damn quick aren't I!! LOL, at least your caught up Angel...glad to have you back!!!

Separate lives: Chapter 12

“William and Jessica were brought in here a few hours ago. Now they are both stable at this point. William is going up to surgery, he has a head injury and we are a concerned with internal bleeding that we are unable to stop. We really have no options, surgery is a must. We’ll let you know as soon as we hear from the surgeons. I can take you up to the family room when we are finished. Now we had a difficult time stabilizing Jessica but she seems to be holding her own for the time being. At this point, the next few hours are going to be critical for both of them.â€￾
We stood and stared, waiting for the hidden cameras to appear. There is no way that this could be happening. After a moment of watching us he motioned towards the elevator “This way please.â€￾
I looked over to Justin and then to Lance, unsure of whether to stay or go.
Justin helped make my decision “I’ll stay here in case anybody comes over, go ahead.â€￾
I nodded and followed the doctor and Lance to the elevator.
We rode in silence, afraid of what we would be met with when we finally got upstairs and Billy got out of surgery.
The three of us had been best friends for years and had been so fortunate not to have been subjected to this before. The only thing that was somewhat close was when Lance had the minor surgery before going to Russia. We were all prepared for that and neither of us left his side until he was discharged and then we stayed with him for a week afterwards. We just didn‘t handle this type of thing well.
Now Lance and I are arguing, Billy and Jessie are fighting for their lives and there are the girls at home wondering where their parents are. It just doesn’t make sense.
The doctor’s words woke me from my thoughts “I’ll let them know your out here waiting and as soon as they know anything they be out here to discuss things with you.â€￾
We nodded and sat down on the chairs that lined the far wall of the ‘family room.’ Unable to speak.
Initially we watched the clock amazed at how time could almost literally stand still. After what seemed like hours Lance spoke in a soft tone “Remember when...â€￾
I looked over and watched as he stopped and looked down at his hands and continued “When we Jessie and Billy met?â€￾
Without thinking I let out a giggle “He was so pissed!â€￾
“Gotta fall in love with a woman who puts you in your place.â€￾ he answered.
“She’s the only one who could.â€￾
He nodded and looked over “Except for you.â€￾
“Yeah, well I’m different.â€￾
Looking away he answered “Yeah.â€￾
I then stood up and walked over to the entrance of the room “It’s taking too long Lance.â€￾
“I know baby.â€￾
Keeping my eyes away from him, knowing I would break down I continued “This isn’t how’s it’s supposed to be.â€￾
“I know.â€￾ he whispered behind me.
“shut up.â€￾ I giggled.
“What?â€￾ he asked, completely stunned by my response.
I turned and through tear stained eyes I answered “You suck at this!â€￾
He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me, “I know.â€￾
Slapping his chest, before I buried my face into his neck and whispered “thank you.â€￾
With my head rested against the wall, I looked back at the clock ‘3 hours.’
I shook my head and leaned to the left, trying desperately to adjust myself comfortably into the chair. Lance reached over and motioned for me to rest against his shoulder and I complied, feeling safe and protected once again.
What seemed like minutes later, which in reality was two hours Justin came into the room but didn’t speak.
As soon as Lance noticed him he leaned down and whispered “Brooke,â€￾ I opened my eyes and looked over at Justin who still stood there.
As I sat up, I noticed the look in his eyes and leaned over, burying my face into my hands.
Lance placed his hand on my shoulder and I quickly jumped away, not wanting to be touched. Looking over at Justin I said the words that I never thought that I had the strength to say “Is she...?â€￾
He nodded and I leaned against the wall and slid myself down until I was seated on the ground.
Lance walked over and I raised my hand “Please, don’t...â€￾
He nodded and I looked over to Justin “When?â€￾
“Just now.â€￾ he whispered.
“Does anyone else know?â€￾ I asked through the lump that had formed in my throat.
He shook his head and I stood up “was she alone?â€￾
“I was in the room.â€￾ ha answered, once again just above a whisper.
I looked over to Lance “Will you stay here in case they come to talk to us about Billy?â€￾
“Yeah, of course.â€￾
“I want to go and see Jessie, I’ll call everyone while I’m done there.â€￾
He nodded and I walked out of the room, leaving Lance and Justin alone and not really caring if they killed each other at that point, I had other things to worry about.

So...anyone change their minds???
YOur turn,
Tasha

</span>

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:47 pm

:jawdrop: Jessica can't be gone :cry: no what about the girls??? Who is gonna take care of them!?!?!? Ahhh you can't do this to us!! err i need more to find out what happens!

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:18 pm

im still with justin here :ph34r:
which is weird lol but.....

ahh what happened tho
post more tash please!

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:09 am

oh wow man i didnt really think she was gonna die, man i am speechless i dont know what to say or think- maybe if you update again i will get a better idea..........

musiclova67
Supreme Member

Postby musiclova67 » Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:42 pm

:jawdrop: I have missed sooooo much!!!! Soo sorry for missing all these chapters Tash. But I'm back. Awesome chapters!! It's so sad how she died though...and I'm stickin' with Justin for this one.

Yay we get a sequel to the Joshie story!! :D

More, more, more!!

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:47 pm

music!!!! where you been girl!

musiclova67
Supreme Member

Postby musiclova67 » Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:47 pm

I've been really busy. I've had a lot of work to do lately so I haven't had much time to come online. I don't think I'm going to have that much work for a while so I'll be back to normal with all the feedback. Gracias for asking. ;)

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Fri Dec 12, 2003 7:15 pm

<span style='color:red'>Glad your back Vane and thanks!
Here's another chapter folks...btw, the next chapter is the last ine that I have already written so.....the more feedback I get the more inspired I'll be to write...hint hint!!

Separate Lives: Chapter 13

Where I got the strength to make the phone call, I’ll never know. I assume I was on autopilot at that time and just knew it had to be done. After telling Jim and Diane, I insisted that they kept quiet about it until Lance and I got there. The girls needed to hear it from us, their godparents.
Jessie’s parents died a few years earlier in a car accident and Billy’s mom had also passed away so Lance and I were the only family that the girls had left.
‘It needs to come from us,’ I told myself again as I hung up the phone.
After walking around the ‘ER’ for a few moments, I decided that I needed to head back up to the family room and check on Billy.
When I walked in I noticed Lance at one side of the room and Justin on the other, completely ignoring each other.
‘Idiots.’ I mumbled to myself and walked in and stood in the middle of the room.
“Any news?â€￾
They both looked up “Nothing,â€￾ answered Lance as he came over “Are you alright?â€￾
“Yeah, you can go down and see her if you want.â€￾
He turned and walked to the window “I can’t...I have to stay here.â€￾
Not wanting to push I followed him “I called the house.â€￾
He turned and I continued “I asked your mom and dad to let us tell them.â€￾
“Billy will probably want to tell them.â€￾ he snapped back.
I nodded “Your probably right.â€￾
Satisfied he turned back to the window and shut us both out.
As I paced the room Justin asked “Are you doing alright?â€￾
I smiled, happy that he was there because Lance was having a hard time of his own. I nodded and whispered ‘thanks’ as I allowed him to give me a hug.
“Excuse me, Lance and Brooklyn?â€￾
We walked over to him and he shook our hands “William has made it out of surgery and is now in the recovery room. He is now stable but we had a very difficult time controlling the bleeding during surgery, the next few hours will be critical.â€￾
As he began walking away Lance spoke up “Can we see him?â€￾
“When I check on him next I’ll have a nurse come and tell you if that’s possible.â€￾
The three of us returned to our seats and the silence continued.
“Excuse me?â€￾ the three of us jumped off of the seats that we were lying on to find a young nurse staring at us.
“The doctor has okayed a 10 minute visit, follow me.â€￾
Lance and I followed as Justin sat back down, while we exited the room. We walked down a long corridor that was separated from the rest of the hospital by a set of automatic double doors. The warm colors of the rest of the hospital faded to a dull off white, that reaffirmed the fact that we were in a hospital.
Through the doors was another reception area and behind it stood three nurses that stared as we walked by.
The eerie feeling was unavoidable when we were told to wash our hands and then to place a mask and gown on to prevent transmission of any infections.
After we did as we were told, Lance grabbed my hand and we walked into Billy’s room, room 639.
I tried my hardest not to collapse when I saw the amount of tubes that ran from his body. He was hardly recognizable with his face being so swollen and head covered with gauze. I shook my hand free from Lance’s and went to the side of his bed and Lance followed suit.
Surrounding our best friend we pulled up a chair, sat and allowed ourselves to open up to him.
Silently telling him how unfair this is, how much we love him and how we were never going to let him go.
He didn’t respond.

So...what do you think??
Tasha</span>

musiclova67
Supreme Member

Postby musiclova67 » Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:59 pm

Great chapter Tash. This is all so sad! It makes me all teary-eyed. :( More, more, more...told you I was back to normal. LOL. I'm the first to respond. :P

Hannahjtimberlake
Ultra Member

Postby Hannahjtimberlake » Sat Dec 13, 2003 5:24 am

awwww this story is so sad! i don't want to cry! :cry: I'm still with Lance though!

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:05 pm

oh wow- man i know what it is like to walk into a hospital room and see a friend like that- it is an imagine that is forever burned into your memory. more please!

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:23 pm

ahhhhh I hope that Billy makes it....if not it could make for a very interesting story seeing Lance and Brooklyn raising the kids....hmmm but i hope that he makes it man...i'm so freaken worried! ahh more please!!!

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:16 pm

:cry: wow i am really crying over this story, i totally understand wat they r going through. My cousin has been involved in two car accidents in the past year, she cud hav died! Thank god she didn't.
People who drink and drive! They ruin peoples lives, it makes me so angry how they can take that risk and be so selfish.
I really hope he pulls through.

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:08 pm

<span style='color:red'>Awww guys, I am sorry that this is making everyone so sad. I'm just trying to break away from the traditional story line. Anyway, here's more...thank you all for the feedback...I love it!!!

Separate Lives: Chapter 14

“Damn it Lance, I’m on my way to the hospital. Do you have to go?â€￾
“Yes, I have to go! I haven’t been able to go in over a month, it’s only for two days.â€￾
“Lance, do you realize what I have done in the past two days...alone? Sarah and Mally haven’t been able to sleep and I know you’ve been at the hospital all damn night but I’ve been there with two crying girls. This cannot possibly wait a few more days?â€￾ I asked as I slammed the car door.
“Sugar...â€￾ he began.
“Don’t sugar me...answer the damn question!â€￾
“DO you think I want to leave? All I want to do is be there for you, the kids an d Billy but the fact remains that I have a job Brooklyn, responsibilities and people that work for me.â€￾
“f*** you Lance! I have quit my job to be here and take care of ‘MY’ responsibilities dumbass so don’t be telling me about responsibilities. f*** you!â€￾
I turned the phone off and threw it into my purse “Stupid ass.â€￾ I shouted as I sat down on the steps that led from the hospital parking garage and rested my head against the railing.
“Pardon?â€￾
I opened my eyes and turned to find Billy’s doctor, Dr. Gibb standing there.
“Nothing, how’s Billy?â€￾
“Holding his own, still no progress.â€￾
“It’s been a month, shouldn’t we have seen some kind of improvement by now?â€￾ I asked.
“It’s hard to say Brooke, we ran the tests that I was telling you about yesterday and there is very minimal brain activity...â€￾
“What does that mean?â€￾ I interrupted.
“It means that the machines are doing the work right now Brooke. Does Billy have a will?â€￾
I nodded and tried to remember his lawyers name.
“Do you know if he has any wishes for a situation like this?â€￾
My heart raced as so many things ran through my mind “Um, I think so. I mean we didn’t think that...â€￾
“It’s all right. I understand this is difficult but you have to understand that although he is here, I can’t guarantee you the quality of life that he will have...if any.â€￾
“I have to go; Thank you doctor.â€￾ I hurried away, praying that he wouldn’t call back to me.
This was not something I could deal with alone.
‘I’m going to kill him for leaving town.’ I mumbled as I entered the elevator.
“Answer the damn phone!â€￾ I shouted into the phone.
Still no answer after 10 rings “Where the hell is he?â€￾ I mumbled to myself as I slammed the receiver down.
After speaking with the doctor a couple of hours ago, I ran to the room and phoned the lawyer. After a brief telephone conversation he met me in the cafeteria to discuss a few things.
Being the executors of their wills Lance and I were fairly familiar with them at this point. The last thing that Jessie, Billy, Lance and I had discussed about the will was where the children would go in the event of an accident.
I was somewhat surprised to find that since then they have added a living will, where they made their choices well known. Now all we had to do was make sure their wished were adhered too.
Not as it easy as it sounds.
I am now on the telephone trying to get a hold of Lance because this decision should not be mine and mine alone. He of course, if nowhere to be found.
“Brooklyn?â€￾
I spun in my chair beside Billy and found Diane “Are the kids alright?â€￾
“Of course dear, they are with Jim right now.â€￾
I nodded and settled back into the chair and watched as she sat beside me “How is Billy doing?â€￾
“Not so good...â€￾ my voice trailed off.
Placing a hand on my arm she continued “I know things have been difficult on you but you have been doing a wonderful job. Billy would be so proud.â€￾
I nodded as I leaned forward and rested my head onto the bed beside him.
“It’s been a long month...for everyone.â€￾ she commented.
With my face still on the bed I reached for his hand and listened.
“I ran into Dr. Gibb in the hall Brooke, he told me about Billy’s results.â€￾
Placing a kiss on his hand I looked over at Diane “Yeah...â€￾
“What do you think Billy would want?â€￾
“To be home with his wife and kids right now.â€￾ I answered defensively.
“I think your right. But if he can’t be with his kids...â€￾
I looked back at Billy and continued for her “he should be with...â€￾
I stopped and looked over to find Diane nodding “I’ll leave you two alone.â€￾
Taking a deep breath I whispered “You know how much it pisses me off when you make decisions without me,â€￾ I let out a giggle and continued “I guess you already know that they finished another series of tests and they say the same thing as before.â€￾
I watched as the machines moved his lifeless body and then continued “Silly Billy, I’m going to give you until the count of ten to get up...â€￾
Another giggle “It was worth a shot. It always worked when we were kids.â€￾ I shrugged and realized how ridiculous I was being.
“I have to go back and have dinner with the kids like I promised but I’ll be back in a few hours.â€￾ I stood up and removed my hand from his “don’t go anywhere.â€￾
I giggled and as I walked towards the door I turned back “I love you Billy. I’ll be back soon.â€￾
With that I turned and found Diane in the hall “I’ll be back after dinner.â€￾ she nodded and I made my way back to the parking garage.

Your turn,
Tasha</span>

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:17 pm

:cry: awww Billy you have to make it but sad as it is I don't think he is going too :cry: This is soo sad man....but it's an incredible story as usual Tash :nod: ahhh i need to find out what happens to Billy gosh darn it!! errrr more please??!?!

Hannahjtimberlake
Ultra Member

Postby Hannahjtimberlake » Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:26 am

i love billy so much!!!! :wub: He's so lovely but i can tell something bad's gonna happen :unsure:

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:37 am

please dont let billy die! this is so sad :(

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:35 pm

come billy you have to fight!! hang in there your kids need you! more!

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:16 pm

okay billy has got to LIVE!!!!!!!!!!
hehe

good chapter tash :(

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:35 pm

<span style='color:purple'>Thanks for all the feedback guys!! I'm working on the chapter rightnow! I hope to post in a little while!!</span>

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:24 pm

<span style='color:red'>K..I know this has been sad but I promise things will work out. In which direction..who knows but I promise it'll work out!!

Thanks for all the feedback...more please???

Separate Lives: Chapter 15
“Yes, I know but she won’t talk to anyone but the girls. I don’t know what to do. He’s here...she keeps pushing him away too....I don’t know...hurry!â€￾
This is part of what I heard from the back of the room. I think so anyway, with so many people talking, offering their condolences I’m finding it difficult to zero in on any one thing.
What the hell do any of them know anyway?
Big deal if they show up for one damn day, I’m the one who has to keep a smile on for these two little girls and pretend that their lives haven’t just gone to sh**...screw them.
It’s so damn crowded that I can hardly breathe. Thank goodness Stacey and Ford took the kids home, they shouldn’t have to listen to all this. All these well wishers...give me a break.
I see Justin out of the corner of my eye and continue staring at the casket as he sits down.
‘LEAVE ME ALONE!’ I want to shout but don’t. I do appreciate his support but the truth is right now...I just want to be left alone. I want every single person in this room to get out and leave me alone but instead of saying that I‘ll sit quietly and wait.
I feel his arm around my shoulder and look over and force a smile, I do appreciate that he is here. A part of me even wants him here but the other part realizes that there are only three people that deserve to be in this room.
It shouldn’t be too much longer.
“Brooke, I’m going to head back to the house now, if you need a ride please call alright?â€￾
I nodded, hugged Diane and sighed as I watched her leave the room. The room that seemed so small earlier now seems so damn big. It’s finally just Billy and I.
I grab the closest chair and slowly make my way to the casket, memorizing every inch of him.
“Damn it Billy, I’m not used to you being so quiet...â€￾ I shook my head “Here I go with the bad jokes. I am terrible under pressure.â€￾
A voice fills the room, startling me “He always loved your sense of humor!â€￾
“It’s about time you arrive popstar!â€￾
He walked over to me and placed a lingering kiss on the top of my head “I am so sorry, I got here as soon as I could.â€￾
“I couldn’t wait, I didn’t want the girls’...â€￾
“I understand baby, you don’t have to explain.â€￾
I nodded and leaned into him as he stood behind me “he looks kinda...â€￾
“Kinda what?â€￾
“I don’t know...not like Billy.â€￾
“I know, I keep waiting for him to jump out and scare the sh** out of me.â€￾
Lance chuckled and I was surprised how much better I felt having his here with me.
“Know what I told him in the hospital before I left that night?â€￾
He looked at me questioningly “I’m almost afraid to ask.â€￾
I giggled “I called him Silly Billy and said he had until the count of ten...well, until I realized what the hell I was saying.â€￾
We both chuckled as we remembered how I used to torment Billy with my ‘counting to ten ‘ when we were children.
Lance gave me a gentle shove which brought a smile to my face “I’m sure he was happy to hear that.â€￾
“Yeah...â€￾ I ran my fingers through my hair and then changed the subject “Your mom and dad have the kids for the night, they know we have lots to discuss and it would be much easier without them around.â€￾
Lance crouched down beside me and nodded as he stared at the casket. After a few moments of silence he rested his head against my lap. I felt the tension release as I began playing with the back of his hair and realized we couldn’t sit like this all night.
Tapping his shoulder he looked up and I motioned for him to get up. Following my direction he sat down chair and I made myself comfortable on his lap.
The funeral home was now closed to the public and Lance and I had already been told by Mr. Peter’s, the funeral director and longtime friend of the Bass’, that we could stay as long as we’d like
So, with that in mind we settled in and said good-bye to our best friend and came to the realization that we were on our own.
For the first time ever...it was just the two of us.

so....your turn
Tasha</span>

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:37 pm

:(

thats so sad.......

i feel so bad for those girls

tash you made justin look too good in this story
so i cant hate on him to not be with brooke lol

Hannahjtimberlake
Ultra Member

Postby Hannahjtimberlake » Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:07 am

shiit - i'm real sad now! :cry: Thanks Tash - great chapter :hug:

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:58 pm

awww man nooooo!!!! god that is so sad!!! its not fair they werent doing anything wrong!!! i lost 2 of my friends like that and it was devastating. i need another chapter purely so i know that they are ok!

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:55 pm

:cry: oh no billy died :(
im glad that lance is there to comfort her.

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:59 pm

<span style='color:purple'>I love all the feedback folks and I'm just about done the next chapter, expect an update soon!</span>

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Thu Dec 18, 2003 3:01 pm

<span style='color:red'>As promised...
Separate Lives: Chapter 16
“What do you mean you won’t be here?â€￾ he began his usual mumbling about work and so on when I pulled the phone from my ear and waited for a pause.
“Lance, I don’t give a sh** how much work needs to be done, get your ass on the next flight or we won’t be here when you get back.â€￾
“Baby...â€￾
“Don’t baby me, I have been doing this non-stop for six months and you know what? I’m f***in’ tired too! I’m not kidding, screw up again and I’m gone Bass.â€￾
Slamming the phone down, I rested my head onto the kitchen table and sighed.
The phone rang again and I quickly picked it up “You better be on that plane Bass!â€￾
“Hello?â€￾
‘I’m such an idiot’ I put on my happy face and added “Oh hey Justin, sorry about that.â€￾
“Trouble in paradise?â€￾
“You might say that.â€￾ I shrugged and got up and made myself a coffee.
“Other than Bass, how are things going?â€￾
“Pretty good, I just got the kids off to school. Did some laundry and dishes. Can you tell me how people survive without a dishwasher? I swear these kids dirty at least ten dishes an hour.â€￾
His chuckle brought a smile to my face. Although things were strictly platonic between Justin and I since I moved back home he has remained constant in my life. He’s managed to be here at least once every week or two, which is more then I can say for Lance. Lance has tried, he really has but he just hasn’t been dealing with things very well. I see it when he comes back here. Being in this house kills him and I honestly can’t blame him, it kills me too. But I don’t have a damn choice. I have grown to love the girls more then I ever thought but man, I am suffering from a serious case of boredom!
“Brooke?â€￾
“Yeah, sorry lost my train of thought for a second.â€￾
“No problem, listen do you think you can get away next week?â€￾
“What? NO!â€￾
“Come on, I’m sure Jim and Diane wouldn’t mind taking the girls for a night or two.â€￾
“I’m sure they wouldn’t but I don’t feel comfortable with that Justin.â€￾
“You can’t argue that two nights in L.A. would do you a world of good.â€￾
“Justin...please don’t push?â€￾
“Ok, I’m sorry I just hate seeing you fall into that trap. It’s all you do Brooke, your the reason Sarah and Mally are doing so good but it’s okay to take a break. You need it!â€￾
“Justin...â€￾
“Ok, I’m done. I actually have to get going, we have a shoot in a few minutes. I’ll call you soon, if you need anything call me ok?â€￾
“Alright, thanks anyway J. I really do appreciate it.â€￾
“I know baby, later.â€￾
I hung up and returned my head to the table and let out a sigh “two whole nights...wow.â€￾
“Mallory, how much homework do you have tonight?â€￾ I called to her as I finished the washing the last dish after dinner.
“Just two pages to read.â€￾
“Ok, I’m just finishing up the dishes and I’m coming up to help you.â€￾
I heard her mumble and then I called for Sarah “Sarah, do you have any homework?â€￾
“I’m almost finished.â€￾ she answered. They were so different. Being so close in age I thought that they would have some of the same characteristics, boy was I wrong.
Both were very good girls for being six and seven but Sarah being the oldest was so focused. Mallory was equally as focused just not on her school work. She’d rather play outside and hang out whereas Sarah would rather do her chores and then run out to play. They got along fairly well, complimenting each other but still so different.
After comparing them for a few minutes I chuckled and called back to Sarah “I’ll come and check it over in a few minutes.â€￾
As I threw the dishrag onto the counter, satisfied that I had finally finished the damn dishes...again. I heard a knock at the door.
“I’ll be right there girls.â€￾
I peeked through the storm door and found a delivery man “Can I help you?â€￾ I asked as I opened the door an inch, as if I still lived in L.A.
“I have a delivery, are you Ms. Brooke...?â€￾ I watched as he searched for my last name.
“Yes, I am.â€￾ I answered hesitantly.
“I’ll just be a moment then.â€￾ I nodded and watched as he rounded the corner of the house and then reappear a moment later with a large box on a dolly.
“What the hell is that?â€￾
He walked past me and into the kitchen, pushing the enormous box when I caught a glimpse of Maytag.
“Holy sh**.â€￾ I mumbled as I signed.
Handing me a card he finally spoke “I’ll be out of your hair in ten minutes. I’ll just set this up for you.â€￾
I nodded and thanked him as I opened the card.

Brooklyn,
I know your going to kick my ass for this but maybe now you’ll be able to get a little rest.
I’m still looking into something to help with the laundry.
Miss ya,
J

I tossed the card onto the table and smiled “What a guy.â€￾
“Pardon me?â€￾
“Oh nothing.â€￾ I smiled, wishing he hadn’t heard me.
“That’s about it Ma’am, Mr. Timberlake has requested that you call him as soon as I leave.â€￾
I laughed “I’m sure he did, thanks again.â€￾ I handed him a tip and sat down at the kitchen table in shock.
“Girls, come and see what Justin sent for us!â€￾

So...what do you think??
Tash</span>

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:15 pm

awww Billy died :cry: There are seriously tears in my eyes right now....I think i'm gonna cry man

Lance :no: you need to help take care of those girls gosh darn it...if you don't show up there Tash is gonna have to write me into the story because i'll be kicking your *ss!

And Justin is soooo sweet! :wub: Brooke go spend some time with J.... you need a break and its obvious that he likes you...go out and have some fun....and he sent her a dishwasher...i know that most people wouldn't think thats sweet but it is man...when she has to wash all of those dishes by hand :nod: awww i wanna see how things turn out....more please?

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:45 pm

aww that was really sweet of j to do that- although it sounds like he isnt ready to just be friends still..... i guess we shall see!

Return to “Fan Fiction”