Ageing

JustinsSugar
Ultra Member

Postby JustinsSugar » Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:00 pm

I am just wondering what people think about ageing... i did this one page essay on it in English and i got an A- then again its the lowest grade i have gotten on an essay but i am still proud of it....

I have mixed feelings about age. It’s a good thing, but at the same time we have trouble growing up. I am a senior in high school, but I have had to grow up to be successful. I have really enjoyed my teen years, but it’s been the hardest few years of my life. I have been so busy and I’ve grown up so much, but I still feel like I am trying to grasp on to childhood the best I can. I think that people don’t actually grow up. I think that someone who is 50 can still be a child at heart. As some friends and I used to say age ain’t nothing but a number. I still go by that today. I have met a lot of people who say they are 50 but act like they where 17. I truly believe that just because some ones 16 doesn’t make them mature enough to handle driving a car. I happen to know a guy who was killed in a car accident at the age of 17 and it was his own fault. It was sad because he was a good friend of mine and even though he was grasping on to childhood he knew when he had to be an adult. Anyway, I know that the number of accidents committed by teens is really high. I believe that no matter how old I get I am going to always grasp childhood with both hands. I think its better to play when you can and be serious when you have too. I really don’t like the fact that I am sometimes considered an adult and then sometimes I am considered a child. It’s kind of like choose one please. I am almost 18. If I could stay at one age for the rest of my life it would be at the age of 21 because you have all your legal rights, but your still young enough where you can party when ever you want too. All in all, age is something that’s just given to you so the government can tell you when you can or can’t do something.

There it is... the comments that my proffesor made was that he likes my writing style....
What do you think of ageing??

~Jessie

checkers
Supreme Member

Postby checkers » Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:54 pm

aging is something that everyone is gonna have to deal with...when you are young you can't wait to be older, when you are older, all you can think of is how much you miss your younger years. Everyone deals with aging in different ways..thats why we have midlife crisis and second childhoods. Right now I am dealing with the fact that I am 21 and leaving my childhood behind to start a life for myself. I am moving out of my parents house in 2/3 weeks and heading up to Iowa to study writing and make a like of my own.

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:30 pm

good luck chex. really the only thing i fear about getting older is doing it alone. other than that i am ok with it. i mean i agree with chex i too celebrated my 21 this year and while it was exciting i came to the realization that my care free days of youth are gone. and that is sad but there are so many things yet to experience that i dont think of it that way. i mean you still have things to look forward to. hey at 24 you can rent a car!

JustinsSugar
Ultra Member

Postby JustinsSugar » Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:34 pm

Hey Chex which school in Iawa???

~Jessie

checkers
Supreme Member

Postby checkers » Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:19 pm

its a comunity college called Kirkwood in Iowa city.

You have to be 24 to rent a freaking car ang?

JustinsSugar
Ultra Member

Postby JustinsSugar » Thu Nov 27, 2003 10:40 am

ang?

checkers
Supreme Member

Postby checkers » Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:04 pm

lol short for angel i guess lol its something i have called her before

JustinsSugar
Ultra Member

Postby JustinsSugar » Thu Nov 27, 2003 8:57 pm

I Get it!! Blonde momment sorry! Hope your turkey day went as well as mine did!!

~Jessie

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:08 am

yeah! isnt that sh**ty! i was trying to rent a car to drive from atlanta to ft gordon where my friend was stationed in the army and they were all like oh you are only 21 sorry we dont rent to people that young and i was like what the country trust me to elect a president and have a beer but not rent a car!!!!!!!!! that is insane!

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Fri Nov 28, 2003 2:48 pm

24 :blink: i never knew that

that sux!

ejayisson

Postby ejayisson » Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:38 pm

Age is definately a state of mind, many of my friends who are the same age as me act way older than they really are. Sometimes I think it was due to them being forced to grow up too fast, having kids, getting married. Life does age the soul, adds experience and knowledge along the way, but to me that does not mean you have to act like it. Im the biggest goof, will always be a kid inside. Im serious when need to be, other than that....Im a dork!

Not sure how many people know how old I am, yes Im much older than Chex, but we have never let that bother or interfer with our relationship. Yes Im 31..yes Im 10 years older, yes I was born in a completely different decade as her, but it honestly does not change how I feel for her. Chex didnt know my age when she met me, nor did she seem to care. She got to know me, and who I am before letting a number stop her. At first I thought I had that typical male complex about dating a younger female, and was worried that's what she thought I was trying to do. That cant be any farther from the truth. I love Chex...for Chex....and and becasue she's a hawtie!

I do wish I was younger, because life was more carefree, not as many worries as I have today. Im worried that one day Ill blink and miss half my life. Time does go by quick, just something to deal with. I feel you have to make the best out of what time you do have, not not think of how much you have left. The glass is half full dammit!!

Great now Im thristy....good thing I have this glass of water!

Yea, you need to be 24 to rent a car, as well as have a credit card. Kind of seems like age discrimination to me. At 18 you're old enough to live on your own, and is considered an adult, but you can't do adult things? Their reasoning is people under 24 are not responsible, or good enough drivers to be trusted with a car.

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:59 pm

<span style='color:purple'>well, I have tried to stay away from this topic...he he! Yes it is because I hate admitting my real age...lmao just kidding!!
I am 28, I have 2 kids and have been married for a million years...lmao just kidding! I have been married to Stew for 6 and a half years.
You may think 28 :o ...but i have more fun now then I did when I was 18 or even 21!!
I know who I am and I am proud. I have an added confidence that I just didn't have when I was 18.
Not to be confused with cockiness cause well...I had a lot of that!!! Still do...please don't comment...he he he!

To those 18 year olds that do I commend you because I just didn't have nor want that kind of insight...I wanted to party!!!
LOL...still do kinda but know I realize I can party til 4 am but when Ryan gets up at 7...there is no running!
In the past 6 months I have been to Toronto four times...three times were for concerts Matchbox Twenty, Justified and Recently John Mayer and let's not forget to have a great time and spend a lot of money cause I make more money know too!!! YAY!!!

I love being 28, I love who I am!
I have many freinds who are older *hubby is 8 years older and I remind him daily...NA NA NA NA NA*
BUt I also have many younger friends because as many of you have said 'age is only a number.'
Hel I know alot of 20 year olds that are more mature then my hubby's friends. * who in case i haven't mentioned it is 8 years older...LMAO!!! B)

ANyway way more serious then I wanted to be so to sum it up!
WHO CARES ABOUT THE NUMBERS!!
LIVE EACH DAY WHETHER YOUR 2, 20 OR 75...LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT!!!

Ej and Chex...we received lots of flax but although I could honestly kill him sometimes...he he he...when it's right...it's right!
Plain and simple!!
Hugs and kisses you two!

</span>

ejayisson

Postby ejayisson » Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:11 pm

I agree Tasha, I do have more confidence now then I had when I was younger. I have a better idea of who I am now, and honestly dont care if someones doesnt like me. Im happy with me, thats all that matters.

Are you telling me Chex is never going to let me live down that Im 10 yrs older then her? ARghh! You are correct...when its right...boy is it RIGHT!

Hehe, yes having more money does help things. I think I remind Chex about that.....I think she hates when I spend soo much money. I work hard....and enjoy seeing the fruits of my labor.

checkers
Supreme Member

Postby checkers » Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:30 pm

EJ do I need to remind you about today purchace?

Age does not matter with love. After seeing EJ's Pic and hearing his voice, I could have sworn he was my age...when I found out he was 31 I was like whoa, but I fell in love with him because he is him. I realized that as you get older your perpectives change, and you realize that you need certian things that you did not need before. Yesterday I woke up at 9 to talk to EJ on Yahoo and after he went to work I wanted to lay down and take a nap because I was so tired. After laying there for about an hour I realized I could not sleep because of the simple fact that I was lonley. That has never happened to me before. I ended up getting up and rereading emails and pm's because I missed not talking to him. Growing up is hard, but you realize that as things change you adapt to the changes and that everything will be alright.

ejayisson

Postby ejayisson » Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:43 pm

Just remember hun, you are never alone because Im always in your heart. :wub:

checkers
Supreme Member

Postby checkers » Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:46 pm

and he is also a sweetie.

EJ is there anyway we can let this listen to the recording you made me? Post a link from my folder or something?

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Sat Nov 29, 2003 1:03 am

:stupidme: so you guys know each other in real life?
lol didnt figure that out, i thought you guys just knew each other from that gaming board chex runs

aww yall are so cute :lol:

you need to be 24 for a credit card?
thank god im movin back to europe lol no im jk
atleast i can use my debit card over there tho
and you can use that anywhere in europe its more popular than a credit card
and you can drink and go to clubs and just cafes ........

sorry lol i tend to b**** but im missin my friends and my home :ph34r:

i agree w the age thing
i hang out with older people most of the time
i think ive matured or just have a totally different perspective on life
cuz ive moved back and forth from belgium and here
i dunno it just changes a lot about you

but im still the biggest dork when im in my dumbass moods
and i know guys that are 24 that are goofballs all the time
like my sis boyf but he knows his priorities and he knows what he needs to do

my old best friend or ex whatever is 20 yet he doesnt know anything about life
i dont know if hell ever grow up and realize that he needs to work for what he wants cuz he never tries

but i do believe teens and kids need to act their age and have fun

one thing ive noticed is that american kids grow up really really fast compared to european kids atleast
and its sad to me cuz i know ive had a childhood and had a lotta fun
but here these girls are w tons of make up and dancing half naked like an extra in a hiphop video when theyre 11 yrs old

i think no matter what age you are youre always gonna have a side to you thats kinda immature
i think as life goes by you experience more you learn more and you learn whats important in life

so maturity in my opinion isnt based on age yet the experiences people have experienced.

and i agree age isnt anything but a number

i think it has to do with the level of maturity youre both on
i mean a guy can date a girl 10 yrs older than him but chances are theyre on the same maturity or immaturity level

just my babblin

sorry for the bad english sometimes i cant form good sentences but the structure makes sense in dutch and i dont know the difference
lol if that makes any sense

ejayisson

Postby ejayisson » Sat Nov 29, 2003 4:39 am

Zo I understood perfectly, nothing to worry about.

Chex asked me to post something I wrote for her. It came about while one day talking to her. I picked up my guitar and played a little so she could hear. Mind you, I havent touched it in over 8-9 months, but she inspired me to pick ip up again. I was playing, and she liked how it sounded. So I took that and expanded on it.

This is basically the concept for the song. It goes into more production when I decide what direction to go. I think Chex is going to write some lyrics for it, and when she does Ill record the full song. Adding more to it.

Kris has been my muse for inspiring me to write again, and for giving me the idea for this song.

clanrk.com/krista.swfClick to hear!

checkers
Supreme Member

Postby checkers » Sat Nov 29, 2003 4:20 pm

zozon3 wrote: :stupidme: so you guys know each other in real life?
lol didnt figure that out, i thought you guys just knew each other from that gaming board chex runs

aww yall are so cute :lol:

sorry for the bad english sometimes i cant form good sentences but the structure makes sense in dutch and i dont know the difference
lol if that makes any sense

Zoe dear...I have read so many post from you I understand everything you say no worries sweetie :hug: ya my chica lol

ok last time i am gonna explain this for you guys...if this does not clear it up...ask ej lol

I play a computer game called couterstrike. it is an extension of Halflife with was the most popular selling computer game invented. there are what we call servers that we can connect to to play against people from all over the world. One of the servers is AAMO (my clan) server and I have admin on that. That means i can change the map, kick people off, ban people off, ect. its not a board I have admin lol....actually EJ runs our forums.

Zoe, I have never met EJ persay in real life...thats gonna change next month though, but I talk to him everyday on yahoo voice and also in game, and everything else we can think of lol. hes the love of my life.

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:54 pm

okay i finally got it
i got confused....hehe

where are you guys gonna meet?
good luck :hug:

im excited for you guys :lol:

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:46 pm

i feel like there should be some cheesey game show songs playing and that chuck woolery should be here! chex and ej come on down! :lol: i agree that i am having more fun than ever right now, but at the same time i have a very short attn span so my relationships are usually very hot and intense and then i break up with them. probably mainly b.c i fear having someone trash my heart again. aging isnt what scares me lonliness scares me- i cant wait to be older!

ejayisson

Postby ejayisson » Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:26 pm

Im flying out to see her in January. Im excited(hehe...no thats not a banana in my pocket), cant wait! January seems like an eternity away.

Angel, I think most of us are scared of being alone, even if we do not admitt it. I think everyone should have someone to share their life with. Share their fears, happiness, and sorrow. Nice to have someone to comfort when you are down, and be happy with you when things are good.

I feel I found someone like that with Chex. I havent been this happy in an extremely long time. Shes there for me when Im upset, and is completely caring when I need her. She makes me smile, like no other. She makes me feel good about myself, and makes me feel like a better person. I start to think she completes me. Like shes the missing link in my life. Bah..I know Im getting sappy..lol. Just found out some good news, and kinda high as a kite(hugs not drugs)!

:wub:

JustinsSugar
Ultra Member

Postby JustinsSugar » Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:30 pm

I didn't post this topic for yall to get all sappy on me... i wanna hear some real dirt not this lovey dovey crap....
:D :D :D :D :P :P

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:36 pm

:lol:

ejayisson

Postby ejayisson » Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:39 pm

LOL what type of dirt are you looking for? Us to get it on in the forums? :P

Sowwy about the sap....just my mood Im in! Hehe....could be worse....I could be in a naughty mood....wait...who am I kidding...thats all the time!

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:42 pm

the gutter is not a bad place for the mind to reside if you ask me!

ejayisson

Postby ejayisson » Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:47 pm

Having an over-active sex drive can be scary to some, or others to think you are a pervert.

Hehe...might even make some grab a bat! *inside joke*

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:15 pm

Im excited(hehe...no thats not a banana in my pocket

LMAO :rofl:

umm yeah im w you angel
i have that fear
cuz a lotta people have screwed me over
cuz ive moved back and forth
and you realize how true the saying
out of sight, out of mind is
cuz even my best friends that i thought id never lose

(is that even a sayin in english ? :lol: it is in dutch so yeah it makes sense lol)

checkers
Supreme Member

Postby checkers » Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:11 pm

usually when I use the expression out of sight out of mind I use it putting problems behind me. If I don't have to see it I don't have to deal with it.

Bah..I know Im getting sappy..lol. Just found out some good news, and kinda high as a kite(hugs not drugs)!
Hehe just you wait new development that I need your advice on dear.

Hehe...might even make some grab a bat! *inside joke*
Already told you I am getting a metal one.

I didn't post this topic for yall to get all sappy on me... i wanna hear some real dirt not this lovey dovey crap....
*Points at EJ* all his fault :P

feel like there should be some cheesey game show songs playing and that chuck woolery should be here! chex and ej come on down!  i agree that i am having more fun than ever right now, but at the same time i have a very short attn span so my relationships are usually very hot and intense and then i break up with them. probably mainly b.c i fear having someone trash my heart again. aging isnt what scares me lonliness scares me- i cant wait to be older!

Ang you can't be afraid of things like that...Its better to have loved and lost..........you learn from your mistakes.....blalala (you get what I mean)

Or my favorite one

You got to get back up on that Cowboy.....I mean horse and ride.

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:15 pm

<span style='color:purple'>THere's my girl...hey Chexie!!
Yeehaw!!!!
"Come and take a ride , take a space ride..."
:lick: :drool: :whip: :chew: :pimp: :chatter: </span>

checkers
Supreme Member

Postby checkers » Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:16 pm

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>YEHAW</span></span>

Hi tashie :hug:

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:30 pm

usually when I use the expression out of sight out of mind I use it putting problems behind me. If I don't have to see it I don't have to deal with it.

umm :stupidme:
the expression in dutch is out of the eye, out of the heart
out of sight is english
wow im really screwed up today

during my spanish oral interview i started talkin french :blink:
couldnt think of a single spanish world just french sentences

im just screwed up today :lol:
too many languages in my head lol

"Come and take a ride , take a space ride..."

:lol: :goes and listens to song:

oh tash im online if you want the nelly song!

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:03 am

just find me a cowboy and i'll climb on top! :lol: j/p

JustinsSugar
Ultra Member

Postby JustinsSugar » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:10 pm

yall crack me up!!!

~Jessie

Return to “Fan Fiction”