Spitfire

FairyPrincess86
Supreme Member

Postby FairyPrincess86 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:58 pm

I wrote this story many moons ago and i never finished...so maybe if i get some good feedback i will keep going with it...if not the add this to the unfinished pile

Spitfire

Britney is accepted to an art institution in New York. She has been the odd ball all of her life and now she wants to make a change. With her professors praises she shows Britney she has a talent unlike any other and pushes her to regain more confidence to make her paintings more alive. Which she does...ALOT! And with the help of a suave, cocky student that will became her best friend, tutor, and lover.

Prologue

It’s amazing how large the human brain is. It is said that the human race will never really understand how much power the brain holds. Did you know we use only a small fraction of our brain capacity when really we have an amazing amount of knowledge that is never explored? We all use our brains, some more then others, but it amazes me the amount that is just not used. My mother used to tell me my brain could bend medal if I pushed it to grow to its highest peek.

My family is big on knowledge. They say that knowledge will thrive my future when I would be thrust into this hideously dank world. Those with knowledge will not only be above in the work force of America but in other departments as well. My father believed that the brain is a tricky thing, but with out you even knowing it, it is growing bigger then life. He told me life is about what you know, what you’ve learned and everything else is a memory meant to be forgotten. So you can imagine what my father said when I told him I wanted to be an artist.

“Believe me Britney you won’t get far with paint strokes and water colors.â€￾

I was always daddy’s little girl, still am. It’s just all my life all I have done is work. I often found myself exhausted after an all night study session on a Friday night. I never had time to socialize, unless I was at one of my fathers mixers where my father would chat with some of the high executives about which company they would be toppling next. They would laugh their rich manly laughs and sip their brandy’s. Their wives would be sitting on the couch, sitting up straight with their legs crossed politely. They would complement each other’s husbands and make little comments about the wonderful lighting in the dinning hall. I always made an appearance but rarely stick around for the mindless badgering and compliments.

My father is the only person I ever talk to; he’s my best friend. I don’t always agree with him, but what best friends do. People think I’m shy but I’m not. I don’t talk much but with my father I talk plenty. My father and I don’t usually go through a breakfast without budding heads about some kind of current vent. I’m strong willed, smart, and not easily swayed and I owe it all to my father. Anything else I got from my mother. She died when I was six. My father and I really weren’t as close for my first six years, but during my mothers fight with breast cancer we clung to each other and just…never let go.

My love for painting came in my first year of high school. My father enrolled my in McGumbry Prepitory School. He said that I should take full advantage of the opportunity at hand academically. So I did. Through my four years at MPS I made no friends. I never tried, but neither did they. My father said that friends would come to me in time, that if I really wanted to invest in a friendship that is worth the time, then they would come to me. They never came.

I was too quite, I don’t know why it’s just I never had anything to say. I’m human though, so sitting alone in the cafeteria got kind of…embarrassing. One day I went out to the front steps in front of the school and sat down. I took at a pencil and paper out. My wondering eyes caught a glimpse of the brass mascot statue in the middle of the walkway. I don’t know why but I had the urge to draw it. Everyday I drew the same thing. A pig with a helmet that had an M imprinted in it. As the year drew on the face of the pig became distorted with every drawing do to the hate I began to feel for the school.

I wasn’t a complete hermit though. I talk to some people. Some kids in my art class. Two to be exact. And…well that was about it. I rarely cracked I smile. Putting on the uniform each day, a plaid blue-green skirt, with a white button up shirt and a blue blazer, you can understand why this all got very repetitive. Not to mention the guys. According to the poll in the boys bathroom that was somehow copied and plastered all over the school, I was most voted for ‘Hottest Girl You’ll Never Get To f***’. Special huh? I hate to say but I was kind of happy. It was then that I noticed the eyes that wondered up and down my body each day. Many of the jocks ‘accidentally’ bumped into me and then turned to say sorry while their eyes would be plastered to my breasts, which coincidentally was the one area that was touched when they ran into me. It was flattering, but quickly got old. I may be quite, but let me tell you from sixteen and up my hormones have been on over drive. In other words…I am extremely horny. Oh hush with the shaking of the heads, you all know you are too.

Through my senior year I had been trying to figure out away to break it to my father that my hobby had now grown to something much more…a career. I had applied to many art institutions, unbeknownst to my father, but really only had one on my mind. Columbia University School of Arts in none other then New York, New York. Being around business associates and stockbrokers gave me a love for big cities. I have always thought of my self as on the run and what better place to sprint then New York. Good right? Not to my father.

“New York, you know they kill people for shoes down there.â€￾

I roll my eyes and chuckle a bit. “Well then I won’t where shoes how about that? Hell I won’t wear anything at all, I can make a nude statement.â€￾

“Oh yeah there you go, rape…that’s just spectacular.â€￾

“Dad come on.â€￾

He shakes his head and directs his eyes at my acceptance letter.

“An art institution Brit? I taught you better then that.â€￾

I hop off the counter. “You taught me to think for myself and as much as I love you, I have to do this for me. The only times I’m ever happy is when I paint.â€￾

“A little dramatic don’t you think?â€￾

I scoff and turn from him. “Yeah right dad cause I’m known for my drama queen tendencies.â€￾

“Well sometimes…â€￾

“Dad! I need to do this. I’m good, I’m really good.â€￾ I take hold of his shoulders. “You won’t be wasting your money dad, trust me. You know me dad, if I do something I finish it.â€￾

He takes me into his arms and sighs deeply. “I know, you’re very talented. It’s not about the money Brit, I have plenty of that, it’s just…â€￾

“I love you too dad.â€￾

He chuckles slightly and pulls us apart smiling brightly.

“You know me too well.â€￾ He brushes hair out of my face. “I’m just gonna be lost without my little girl. What am I gonna do without you here?â€￾

I smile at him and straighten his tie, holding the tears that are aching to spill out.

“You’ll live daddy.â€￾

He smiles and shakes his head. “Let’s go to dinner sweetheart. Your choice, to celebrate your many accomplishments before leaving your old man to sulk to himself.â€￾

I smile up at him and take his hand. “Oh yeah, my choice? How about…Chinatown.â€￾

I look at him knowing his reaction full well being that he thinks it is terribly unsanitary. I smirk at him knowingly and he looks down and tries to hold back his laughter.

“Yeah, okay. But only if you promise not to be one of those artist that turns into one of those people that never shaves their legs or take showers and all that hoopla.â€￾

I laugh at his face of disgust.

“Uh huh, deal. I promise to be hairless and showered at all times.â€￾

“ And clothed?â€￾

I laugh again.

“And clothed.â€￾ I shake my head and take his hand.

“Oh my God, this should be fun.â€￾

I laugh again at his comment.

I will always be daddies little girl.

FairyPrincess86
Supreme Member

Postby FairyPrincess86 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:59 pm

Chapter 1

Here I am now. At the brink of my senior, one day from making the transition from San Francisco to the Big Apple. Part of me feels this is all gonna blow up in my face. That all it was meant to be was a good dream and that I’d be better off behind a desk with of some high ranking job that my father would pull strings to get me in. Then I think what if I did do that, all I’d think about was what I had given up, even when I’d be a thirty-something mother and wife…I’d be wishing that I could go back and do it all over again.

I’m on the steps of the school that I despised for years. Ironic thing is, I’m gonna miss it. This is where it all began, this where I found myself. I glance and that mascot for the first time since I got here. I guess it was kind of…sad, to see it go, well actually to see me go. I take a deep sigh. My plane takes off and sixteen hours and every emotion that can possibly be felt is running through my body. I’m excited, frightened, perplexed, devastated, gitty. Two words roll through my head, repeating over and over and over.

I’m leaving.

When I got back home my dad was sitting in front of the fireplace staring into it, like watching to make sure it didn’t engulf the house. I watch him for awhile. He has a look of complete sadness. I’m leaving.

"Daddy?"

He doesn’t move, doesn’t acknowledge me.

"Daddy?" I say it a little louder and he turns to me, flinching a bit. "Are you okay?"

He places his drink down and laughs nervously. "Of course sweetheart." He stands in front of me and pulls me into a hug. "Hey don’t worry about your old man. I went on without you for the first part of my life, I sure as hell can do it again."

I snort while in his embrace. "I love you dad."

"I love you too baby." The fake enthusiasm in his voice is now gone. "You done packing?"

"Yeah." I say it so silently I wonder if I should repeat it.

My dad and I aren’t very good at getting to chummy. We are sentimental at times but when it comes to mushy goodbye and sorry’s, it’s just not our style. Which is why it wasn’t a surprise to me when my dad instantly went for the TV remote. I slept in his arms in front of the TV. The call of his secretary woke us.

"Hello." He answers groggily.

I watch him as his face turns into a saddened expression and then back again.

"Thank you Annette."

He puts the phone down and walks to the TV to put the remote back. I know he is just fighting to not make eye contact.

"The car will be here in an hour and your stuff has been delivered to the loft. Everything is waiting for you."

He looks at me and smiles. "You look just like your mother."

I make a lazy smile and look away.

"Come on go get your bags Brit."

"Dad…" He interrupts me.

"Hey, no worries remember. It’s not like you’re leaving forever. I’ll be here when you get back."

I hug him. "Did I mention you’re the best?"

He laughs. "Yes, did I?"

"Yes." I laugh with him.

We both just hold each other. It’s like one of those moments where you don’t realize it is suppose to end so it just draws on till to much time has passed that you can’t help but part.

"Alright get your bags and get ready.’

I watch him as I walk backwards. A rush of sadness comes over me because I know I’ll be the reason for his tears tonight.

The trip to the airport is silent. I think we were to afraid to speak in fear we might cross the mushy line we so desperately try to keep away from. As we pull up, I’m not happy I’m leaving, I’m terrified. I think of all the lonely nights he will have. All the nights he’ll work himself to exhaustion just to keep his mind off me. I don’t want to be the reason he is in pain. He is my father; my best friend.

Our driver and my father step out of the car and start removing my luggage from the car. My father rarely does stuff like this, he believes that people who are in the job as servant hood of some sort, get paid for it, which means there is no reason to feel bad for them. That’s my daddy.

Our driver hands me my backpack and closes the trunk. This is it, this is our goodbye.

"Thanks Steve." I watch our driver as his head lifts. A hint of sadness I see in his eyes. In all of their eyes, the maids, the chef. I mean I’ve grown with these people. They are my family.

"Good luck Miss. Spears." He goes to shake my hand. I grab a hold of him and laugh in his ear.

"Your such a putz."

We part and he looks at me with a wide smile and weeks. His head darts to the car and he steps in. I look to my father. He reaches in his pocket and takes a sh** load of cash out. I’d say close to four hundred dollars.

"Your rents taken care of and I set up a job down there for you so…"

"Dad…I can get my own job…besides I have school I need a part-time job…you know, with all the little people."

He chuckles a bit. "Smartass."

"Learned from the best."

"Your gonna call me when you land?"

"Of course."

"Cell phone?"

"Got it." I reach in my pocket it to give him reassurance and put it back when he nods."

"Pepper spray?"

"Dad…"

"Tazor?"

I laugh.

"Gun?"

"Alright that’s enough I’m leaving."

I know very well the jokes are a ploy to keep us from the goodbye. He looks at his watch.

"You gotta go."

I look down to my feet and let a tear slip. I wipe it away quickly and pick up my backpack.

"You be good, and safe."

I grab a hold of him. "I will dad."

Here’s one of those moments again.

"Alright get out of here." He tries to pull away but I don’t let go.

"Hey…come on you gotta go."

"I love you dad."

"Oh I love you too sweetie." We finally part. "You’re my everything."

The tears spill without stopping, I can’t even fight them anymore. I’m heartsick.

"I love you…I love you." I repeat it a few more times as I walk backwards leaving my world behind.

"I love you so much."

"Bye dad."

As I turn to the doors I look back and it obviously took him off guard because he looked away. But the glare of the sun revealed to me brimming tears. He gets in the car and signals Steve to drive.

My heart skips a beat and my feet are abnormally stuck to the ground. I suddenly got a song stuck in my head.

‘I don’t want to grow up, I’m a toys r us kid’

Ugh. Growing up sucks.

I board the plane, first class of course. Let me inform you on something just because it’s first class doesn’t mean there is not your fair share off dirt bags. Lucky me I was seated right next to one.

"You have very beautiful legs. Will you be in New York long?"

I take my earphones off hoping they would have been a hint but obviously not.

"No, in fact I’m contemplating jumping out of the plane right now."

"Feisty, I like that."

I scoff and put the earphones back on. I try to focus on the brochure of Columbia and something catches my eye. It’s a painting of a distorted face of all different shapes and colors. It’s so beautiful. The name resembled the painting so much, Decay. It’s like the faces of the person’s life is just implimented in one face. It says so much. My eyes scroll down to the name of the creator of such a masterpiece.

Sophomore Justin Timberlake

FairyPrincess86
Supreme Member

Postby FairyPrincess86 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:00 pm

Chapter 2

I have already gotten to experience the challenge of how hard it is to get a taxi in New York. I now know why it is so frustrating. After 10 minutes of trying to hail one, a taxi finally granted me a seat. I was so excited when I stepped in; I’m in New York.

"Where to Miss?"

"Oh uh…" I reach in my pocket to try to find the address to my new home. An instant smile grows in my face as those words register, MY new home. "Uh…East 87th Street off York Avenue."

I’m silently applauding myself. As much as growing up sucks it gives you a sense of independence. As we are driving through the streets of Manhattan, I couldn’t help but feel this overwhelming happiness. Each corner that we’d turn had a different look and held different promise. The apartment buildings suddenly got unbelievably luxurious. There was a river that made your heart skip a beat, that would most definitely be the first thing I paint.

"Uh huh, here we are. Do you know the exact address?"

"Uh yeah…" I reach in my pocket. "Cambridge Lofts, sixth floor."

I again applaud myself. Yay me! I wasn’t surprised when we pulled into one of the top three most beautiful buildings on the street. Knowing my dad, this was my new home.

"Upper East Side, can’t get any better then this."

He stops and gets out of the car quickly. I look at his meter and begin to exit the cab while taking out the amount of money I needed. I watched as he took my bags out of the trunk.

"Would you like me to carry them up to your loft Miss?"

"Oh no it’s only three bags, I got it."

I reach out my hand and give him the cash. "Oh Miss, this is too much."

"Oh yeah it’s your tip."

"That’s quite a tip Miss."

I feel somewhat of an idiot because I had been so confident that I knew what the hell I was doing.

"Well…you were my first cab ride and you made it very nice so…you disserve it."

His smile brightness and so does mine.

"Thank you Ma’am."

I nod my head and turn to the loft. It was absolutely huge. I’ve lived in big places all my life but Jesus. I sigh deeply and pick up my bags suddenly realizing I have no upper body strength whatsoever.

It takes about ten minutes for me to finally get the elevator to work. As the elevator passes each floor I hear a different mix of sounds. On the forth floor I hear classical music and an older sounding man singing along…very loudly. As I pass the fifth floor I hear laughter. A man and a woman. As I creep to the sixth floor I hear nothing, silent. It stops and my whole body starts to tingle. I lift the gate and open the door.

I walk into the hall and look to the sides. Across from me there is one door and one door only. It is literally my hall. The hall is huge and I can just imagine the size of the actual loft itself. I see there is an envelope on the floor and bend down to pick it up. I open it to find a key and a letter from my father.

Britney,

I hope you enjoy the loft. The realtor said it is perfect to paint and do whatever you want. I hope it is as comfortable as home is. I love you. There is another envelope on the counter in the kitchen that holds a surprise.

Dad

I smile a sad smile hoping that he is not miserable, including since I’m so ecstatic. I take the key and squeeze it in my hand. I put it to the lock and unlock the door.

I close my eyes and push the door open. I don’t open my eyes and my smile grows bigger as I feel them etch open.

I gasp as my eyes grow big at the sight in front of me. I slowly step in, feeling if I step quicker I might fall over from shock.

It is completely wooden. The walls are littered with bricks and there are plantsare everywhere. It is huge. It reminds me of a cabin in Tahoe. There are vanilla candles on the counters.

I gasp again as I look at the windows. On each side of the loft there are two floor-to-ceiling windows that look over the East River and the entire city. I squeal as I come to the realization this is where I’m going to be living. I run into the bedroom and giggle in excitement. The master bedroom has exercise equipment, a bathroom with a spa the size of a pool and a bed that is hoisted on a platform to give the feeling of flying over the city due to the huge window.

Wondering around the house I find two other rooms. Tall ceilings, big windows. One room is another bedroom and the other has a huge amount of painting equipment. Something my dad set up no doubt. My loft is a dream. It’s a f***in’ dream.

My bags and belongings are mostly already put away. Most of my old furniture is set up but basically all new furniture.

I lay on the couch and sigh deeply. I look out to watch the sun slowly setting. I feel myself drift but refuse to fall asleep early on my first night in New York. I go to the kitchen and open each cubberd to find them fully filled. My eyes catch another yellow envelope. I open it quickly to find another set of keys and another letter.

Britney,

Check out the parking garage. Row C.

Dad

"Oh my God, no way!"

I grab the keys to the loft and run out. The elevator seems incredibly slow. My leg shakes impatiently as the little lighted numbers lands on G. I walk so fast that if there was a car coming around the corner, my first day in New York would turn out to be my last.

My eyes land on row C and trail down the line. A bit of worry rushes over me as I realize he didn’t give me a number of the parking place. The worry is quickly swiped away when my eyes land on a red Mercedes Benz with a red bow over it. I squeal and run to it. My hand covers my mouth to look less like an idiot due to my mouth gaping open.

"Oh God."

I open the car and step in. My head whips so fast around to explore it I fear whiplash. I stay in the car for a while taking in the site of my new car, my new home, my new life.

Being that the garage was on the other side of the building I thought I would explore the other side of the building. I found a doorman and introduced myself. I told him I was a new tenant and he congratulated me.

"You know the other side is the elevator, this side you have to walk up some stairs."

"Oh it’s okay, I wanted to explore the building."

"Oh in that case…"

He showed where to get my mail, where there was a subway if I ever needed it. He had a kind spirit and I had no one to talk to, it’s nice having someone to talk to. His name is Byron and he is a 62-year-old who has lived here since he was 2. I told him about my love for art and my acceptance to Columbia.

"We have a kid here, who guys to Columbia. Nice kid too."

"Oh yeah? Is he a painter?"

"I believe so." He opens the door for a tenant. Greets her and tips his hat to her. "He lives on the fifth floor. He’s a going to be a junior I believe. Nice kid."

I chuckle at his repetitiveness.

"His dad and mom died when he was young. They were both loaded so you can imagine how rich he is."

I nod my head as he explains.

"He doesn’t let it get to his head though. Very nice kid."

I chuckle again.

"Oh there is a coffee shop down the street, a lot of you artsy type people go there." He say.

"Thanks."

He was right about the elevator being more convenient then the stairs. The stairs were a b****. Hey, I might as well get used to it, although I do have a car, I doubt I’ll use it other then comuting to school and late nights out. I smirk at the idea of me having a late night unless I was studying, but who knows. New city, new everything.

As I pass the fifth floor I look to his door. I look away and start walking when someone opens the door. It’s a girl. Dressed to kill. She walks out and brushes past me while adjusting her clothes.

I laugh and shake my head.

New York is entertaining.

FairyPrincess86
Supreme Member

Postby FairyPrincess86 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:01 pm

Chapter 3

While laying in my unbelievably comfortable bed I gaze out of the ridiculously over-sized window to my left. There are some that mock the skies of New York, smoggy and empty. Not to me though, it was beautiful. I go over the events of today while scanning the skies. When I got back from my chat with Byron I immediately phoned my father. As many thank you’s as I expressed, it will never be enough. I feel a rush of sadness crawl over me as I in vision my father sitting in front of the fireplace, thinking about me. I know he understands why I had to leave, but I can’t help but feel so guilty. I never thought growing up would be such a controversial thing.

I shake my head trying to rid myself of such negative thoughts. I then hear the steady beat of R&B. I focus on the noises of my tenants under me. I scoot over to the side of the large bed. I then think maybe the platform of the bed was to prevent this very thing, spying on my neighbors.

Not that I even am, they’re makin’ enough noise downstairs that I don’t even need to stick my ear to the floor…which I wouldn’t do of course. As I realize there really isn’t anything interesting to hear I lay back on my back. I yawn and plan my schedule for tomorrow.

I have orientation tomorrow at ten. I’m excited, really excited. Not scared at all. Well…

My thoughts are quickly swiped when I hear the laughter exit the room downstairs with a thud; I assume the door prejected the thud. I turn to my side again and listen being that I still hear commotion. I then hear a distinct shrill of a girls giggle and then laughter from a male counterpart. She’s giggling seductively and I can hear as they move to another side of the room. I hear some inaudible conversation. I pounce off the bed and sit on my knees pressing my ear to the floor.

‘Oh shut up you know you would too.’

Still not being able to hear well I look around the room for a tool of some sort. My smile widens as I find even better. I quickly move to the vent on the side of my in table. I quite my breathing to hear what is going on. I hear silence and then…

"Stop, come on, not tonight, I’m too drunk to remember it."

She’s very quite but she says it loud enough that I can interpret it, no doubt her loudness is from her drunken state. I hear more mumbling from the male. Hearing so much about this guy, I’m surprised that this guy didn’t really resemble the description Byron gave me. Granted it was basically ‘good kid’ but you know…

I hear her laugh. "Stop that."

Silence again…and movement. The silence draws on. No way…has she…did she? My thoughts are confirmed hearing her moan slightly. I laugh slightly at her self-control. Hearing the moaning getting loader I suddenly feel kinda dirty. I stand up from the vent and hop back in bed, shaking my head at myself. I can still hear the noises but at least now it’s not intentional. I suddenly realize how large this bed is, with only one occupant it feels a little too big, like I don’t belong in it, like single people like me have no right to sleep in it. I relish in my loneliness and close my eyes to block it out.

"Ohh Justin!"

My eyes shoot up at her sudden outburst of emotion. And then it registers…

Justin?

I wake up in the morning feeling completely invigorated. It’s a new day with all new possibilities. I try to ignore the events of last night, afraid that if I thought about it I might not stop. Pulling close out for the day I smile at the feeling of not having to put on that f***ing outfit. I pull out a pair of boyfriend jeans and a plain T-shirt. Yeah I know, little old plain me.

I turn on the radio to 96.9 and begin to fix myself a cup a coffee. The light from the window illuminates through the window bringing light in the family room. My hair still wet from my shower…in MY shower, that was in MY bathroom, that was in MY house. Hurray for me!

I pour the coffee into my mug and sway to an oldie on the radio. Jane’s Addiction, one of my favorites. I move my hips in a confident matter, like I know what the f*** I’m doing. Sad to say, I have the moves, inherited by my mother, but never had the guts to show that she passed it on to me. I pull my hair into a sloppy ponytail and go to the bathroom to put on a light amount of makeup. I slip on some green converse my dad gave me. He said he wore those when he was twenty something, he said they made him feel professional but fun. *shakes head* That’s my dad.

I grab a black hoodie sweater and place it over my head as I grab my keys to my car. I push the button for the elevator to come up, as I begin to open the gate I realize I forgot my bag so I run in my room to get it. I grab it and just as I’m about to exit I hear that familiar female giggle. I close my eyes and put my head down smirking. I shake my head and head out to the elevator.

Driving to the school was an experience, let me tell ya. New York traffic is a b****, another reason I won’t be using my car as much as I’d like. I grin at the Arabian cab driver that’s yelling at the other Jewish cab driver. One with a turban and one with that bowl shaped funny little hat; their two yellow cars in contact, bumper too bumper. By the time I finally found the school it was completely packed with kids as young as myself. Some looked experienced and confident and others looked like me…completely lost.

Walking down the halls my eyes scan the other students paintings. Other students are gawking, trying to figure out the painting meanings. I smile, finally people like me. I look down at my schedule glancing at the door numbers for my first class introduction. I went to class after class, with professor after professor. Every teacher making the same threats, same promises for a broad future. It got repetitive. They were all basically the same. Except one. Professor Lynn Burns.

"Alright guys and gals. Welcome to college. I’m Professor Burns. I’m not gonna tell you what is expected this year, because frankly I don’t have a clue. Your assignments are based on what I believe will be a growing experience for you. I’m not gonna make any lame promises that this will be the best class you’ll ever attend, or that I am the teacher that will teach you the be all and end all. Frankly I’m a b**** with a paintbrush. I’ll teach you, I’ll help you learn, that’s all I’ll promise that’s all I offer. You don’t like that, then leave, don’t waste my time cause I’m in no mood for it."

She looks around from face to face. As her eyes land on a student they subconsciously adjust their bodies making their chairs squeak. She smiles at the reaction of her students. She turns to her desk and stands behind it. She puts her glasses on and starts scanning through papers. I notice as student’s heads turn to each other with questioning looks on their faces. We all watch her…and wonder.

She looks up and moves her glasses to the middle of her nose. Staring at us.

"Class dismissed."

Heads turn again, even mine. We all wonder if it is joke, why it would be we don’t know but knowing this chick so far, she is as unpredictable as they come.

I watch as she looks back down at her papers. After a couple of seconds, people start moving from their chairs and out the door. She stays in her papers so I get up to and just as I’m about to exit the room…

"Britney Spears?"

I turn abruptly, running into a few people on the way.

She looks at me and fingers me over then looks back down at the papers. I walk slowly towards her.

"Miss. Spears your art teacher Mr. Cradleman informed me of your arrival to New York. He also sent me some of your work…" She then pulls up some very familiar paintings of mine and sets them in front of me.

She removes her glasses and looks at me. No smile no nothing, just a look.

"You have a very broad point of view. Very well balance of reality in your paintings."

She looks down at my paintings while my fingers twiddle nervously.

"Although you have a lack of experience…" She eyes one of my paintings.

"As well as no depth whatsoever."

She looks up at me…for a response maybe?

"Uh huh." Good response f*** nut.

She nods her head and puts them back down. She takes a seat on her desk and pulls out a painting from her portfolio.

"What do you see?"

I look at the painting and feel somewhat at ease. This is the one thing I know, art…it’s something I’m confident in knowing.

I look at it closer and immediately spot a hidden meaning.

"It’s a girl."

"Uh huh and here." She points at a fire like ball in the picture.

"She’s running from it…something. Something that is faster and stronger then her."

I sneak a peak at her and see she smiles.

"What is she running from?"

"Could be anything."

"Anything is nothing. Narrow it down."

I shake my head, scared but invigorated at her challenges.

"Could be a feeling, could be an occurrence, could be a person…"

"What do you think she is running from?"

I look at the picture more focused and determined. Its color scheme is dark but relished with the color red, maybe implying blood or hell. You can only see eyes in the painting but I see a girl in pain. Her eyes reflect the colors of the painting, the red and the black.

"Herself. She’s running from herself."

She smiles and puts the painting back on her desk.

"Mr. Craddleman was right about you."

"What did he say?" I ask in curiosity.

"That you remind him of me at your age."

"You? I find that hard to believe."

"It isn’t trust me. Who you are now isn’t the be all and end all, didn’t you get that in my speech?"

"So you think I’m like you cause I figured out your painting."

"You didn’t figure out my painting."

"I didn’t?" Yes you did, she’s just yankin’ your chain.

"No, you didn’t." She says matter-of-factly.

She picks up the painting.

"See your problem is you push your painting too much on what you want them to see when you should let them figure out their own idea about it."

"I don’t understand." Understatement.

"Paintings are feelings. When you look at a painting you instantly apply it to yourself, draw your own conclusions from it. Paintings are suppose to be an expression of yourself, whether they are yours or not. Your problem is, paint what you feel, but do it in a way that others can be touched themselves, so they can look at it and say this is what it means to ME. My painting, mine came from my heart, while your perception of it came from yours."

"So you’re saying that my idea of the painting came from within me?" I say cynically.

"Don’t be so cocky. Those eyes in the painting, in your eyes…they were yours. In mine they were my eyes."

"But their tormented, I know that much."

"Exactly…" She looks at me and I look in her eyes to find the torment within her eyes to find none, while mine I can spot out in seconds. "Told you were not so different."

I nod and laugh.

"I want you to paint me something…anything."

"Why?"

"Because I know you have depth. You’re just hiding it real well."

I look up to see her smile fade as she goes through her papers again. I turn around to leave.

"Oh and Spears…" I turn again. "Peep out of that shell a bit, you’ll come to find it isn’t so terrifying."

My eyes scan hers, looking for a reason to why the words from her mouth are so…right. She looks back down.

"Thanks."

She nods her head while it is still down.

I turn around and leave.

I smile a different smile now. It’s one of wonder. How in the world does she know me so well? And Mr. Craddleman…where the hell did that come from. I talk to him about four times and he showed no special interest, I mean yeah sure I noticed a weird stare from now and then but I thought he was just a pervert. Who knew he had this whole idea about me, this whole idea of who I was?

I get to the loft and decide to go to the back of the building to check up on Byron. He opens the door for me with a wide smile.

"Hello Miss. Spears."

"Byron you call me that again and I’m going to kick your ass."

He laughs a little old man laugh.

"What have you been up to Miss. Spears."

"Well Mr. Byron I am going to get my mail and start an…assignment."

"For school already?"

I look at him smiling knowingly and go to the mailbox. While looking through most of the junk I become curious about last night.

"Hey Mr. Byron…" I hear him chuckle. "What is that guys name, the one below me, the nice kid."

"Oh Justin…Justin Timberlake."

My head shoots up. I knew it!

The guy who made the masterpiece painting in the brochure and the horny bastard downstairs is one and the same. Ever since I saw that painting I’ve had a weird draw to the sophomore…now junior apparently.

"Is there a problem Miss. Spears?"

"Oh no Mr. Byron. Everything’s just fine."

I say my goodbye and begin the long narrow stairs. As I creep to his room a rush of curiosity runs over me.

I wonder what he looks like?

As I stand in front of his door I raise my hand to knock on it but draw it back quickly. This goes on for a while as well as some conversations to myself. I hold my hand up again and suddenly some words pop into my head.

‘Peep out of that shell a bit, you’ll come to find it isn’t so terrifying’

With a sudden rush of confidence I knock on the door.

I hear quick footsteps and contemplate running, but before I put the old doorbell ditch into action the door flies open.

My eyes get a little big when I am revealed to a very flamboyant young man.

"Hey there."

His southern twang rings in my ears.

Is this a joke I ask myself…and no doubt you are too.

This guy that I’ve been obsessing over…he’s gay?

FairyPrincess86
Supreme Member

Postby FairyPrincess86 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:03 pm

mmkay thats where my story ends...I would love feedback and lots and lots of lovin!! i know there are some errors...but most of them u know what i mean so DON'T b**** AT ME!! thanks for reading guys ;)

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:43 pm

ok i havent started yet but i am gonna start right now i just thought i would let you know!

FairyPrincess86
Supreme Member

Postby FairyPrincess86 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:50 pm

AngelOfMusic wrote: ok i havent started yet but i am gonna start right now i just thought i would let you know!

:lol: okay

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:39 pm

ok i just finished! and damn man this is great so far!!!!! dont even think about not finishing this story! you are very talented- who would have thought! :lol: like i am so amazed and i like want more!!!!

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:40 pm

ok i have read the prologue and the first chapter but I am out of time now but i'll read the rest later i promise

I love this story so far...and an art school in NYC so totally me...that is one of my dreams to go to an art schoolin NYC or a music school in Philly or London...just haven't decided what i want to do yet but i can totally relate with this girl...i mean my mom didn't die or anything like that but all i feel like i do is homework and studying and like the only time i have for my friends is right after school before my parents get home i get online and talk or at school during class which gets me in trouble :ph34r: but i love this so far and i'll finish it later on tonight hopefully :nod:

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:42 pm

ok i just finished it and i NEED MORE! I love the story line :nod: and thats hilarious she thinks that J is gay...ah man i need more i tell ya more!

FairyPrincess86
Supreme Member

Postby FairyPrincess86 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:09 pm

thank u my angels :lol:

;)

much love to u both

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:48 pm

This story reminds me a lot of the movie Coyote Ugly, cause of the girl & her father. With Brit & her father. This girl no hells way is like britney spears, except for the name & prob the looks; but i love the character. Fairy, we may not agree on a lot...but 1 thing i must say, u are a good writer. Keep writing!!! or someone's gonna be very maddd!

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:13 pm

<span style='color:purple'>that sure as hell better not be the ending or I'm going on strike!! damnit that was great!!!
One problem...WE NEED MORE!!!!!!!!!

GREAT JOB!!</span>

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:07 am

lol tash

so did not wanna read this story cuz frankly its brit and justin
and as much as I thought they were really cute when i was 13 or 14
pinky and stinky now.......yeah just the nicknames itself turn me off :rofl:

but I definitely like the story and the girls smart and she doesnt have brits personality :ph34r: :lol:

keep writing it!!

FairyPrincess86
Supreme Member

Postby FairyPrincess86 » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:38 am

PreCiouSbAbY wrote: This story reminds me a lot of the movie Coyote Ugly, cause of the girl & her father. With Brit & her father. This girl no hells way is like britney spears, except for the name & prob the looks; but i love the character. Fairy, we may not agree on a lot...but 1 thing i must say, u are a good writer. Keep writing!!! or someone's gonna be very maddd!

i'm crying... :lol:

thank u so...it means alot coming from u!

that sure as hell better not be the ending or I'm going on strike!! damnit that was great!!!
One problem...WE NEED MORE!!!!!!!!!

GREAT JOB!!

thankee!! :lol: u make me smile

lol tash

so did not wanna read this story cuz frankly its brit and justin
and as much as I thought they were really cute when i was 13 or 14
pinky and stinky now.......yeah just the nicknames itself turn me off rofl.gif

but I definitely like the story and the girls smart and she doesnt have brits personality ph34r.gif laugh.gif

keep writing it!!

thank u so much for taking the time to read zo....i know it must have takin alot :lol:

thank u zo!!

well i wasn't planning on updating with only a few people...but since it just so happens to my favorite people...CH. 4...COMING SOON TO A SCREEN NEAR U ;)

thanks again guys!!

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:51 pm

honestly, i like totally like want another like chapter!

checkers
Supreme Member

Postby checkers » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:58 pm

Ok princess...my point of viewww.....................LMAO

So far I love it...I love the first person view of Britney and I love the way she thinks. The remarks and comments that she makes are bright and funny and she is a great character. As I said in the PM..I like the fact that the story steps away from Nsync and you just use the names to create charming characters that we will grow to love and respect.

Good Job Girl and no you are not a dork lol.

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:09 pm

dont lie to her chex- you are a dork :lol: j./p!

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:15 pm

This story is seriously amazing!
I like the fact that you haven't done justin and brit as famous.
I was seriously laughing at the last bit :lol: justin gay?:o hehe
cant wait for more of this fab story!

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Sun Dec 07, 2003 7:20 pm

I would have read this story a few days ago, but my computer had to be fixed, so I'm terribly sorry that I am commenting so late!

This story is amazing and I'm not just saying that! I love how Justin and Britney are not the same Justin and Britney that we all know and dare I say <span style='font-family:Impact'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>LOVE!</span></span></span> Ha! :ph34r:

Although I don't want to be a painter, I want to live in NYC one day, so the setting of this story has completely got me hooked! I'll read anything if it's set in New York.

You've got to give us a whole lot more.

Justin ... <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>GAY</span></span> ... I'm lovin' the way Britney thinks!

FairyPrincess86
Supreme Member

Postby FairyPrincess86 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:06 pm

lol spoiler...

the gay guy is....

none of yo damn biznass! wanna know read!

:P i'm writing the next chapter right now...although i have a little writers block so i will try to be as quick as possible :shrug:

it's been toooo long! <_<

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:00 pm

*taps foot impatiently*

FairyPrincess86
Supreme Member

Postby FairyPrincess86 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:51 pm

AngelOfMusic wrote: *taps foot impatiently*

i've got the abs awards to deal with...

annnnnnd i am trying to plan a surprise party for my best friends 18th birthday...

so poo on u! :P

i am TRYING to get it up...but i am having some trouble.

EDIT: i want everyone to read that sentence again ^

:o

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:54 pm

FairyPrincess86 wrote:
i am TRYING to get it up...but i am having some trouble.

ok my mind totally went to the gutter when i read that :ph34r: :lol:

FairyPrincess86
Supreme Member

Postby FairyPrincess86 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:07 pm

diiiiiiiiirty

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:21 pm

i hate to admit this but my mind went straight to gutter as well- but i have said this before and i will say it again- THE GUTTER ISNT A BAD PLACE FOR A MIND TO RESIDE!!

take your time and have fun with it! its supose to be a leisure activity

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:04 pm

angel our minds just think too much alike :lol: not that thats a bad thing or anything :lol:

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:03 pm

do u know that...all gay guys are hott.

oh man, i was at my best friend's brother's apartment. One of his roomates is gay, & he was so hott. He was on his way outt, and then her brother whispered to me that he was gay. We were about to leave, & i stood at the door and said "Omg all gay guys are so hott!" and whatta ya kno, the guy is standing there at the door. i was like... :ph34r: :lol: wow, real embarassing. He gave me a weird look.

but anyway...take as long as u want, just not too long...i'm gettin anxious...!

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:07 pm

do u know that...all gay guys are hott.

Yes I did :lol: I have a friend who is bi/gay...i have no idea what he is...right now he has a boyfriend so I'll say he's gay but he is soooooo hot!!! And he is sooo freaking nice too! He even used to have a crush on me before he was gay :ph34r: kinda scary now that i think about it :lol: but anyways take your time....but not too long cause i wanna know what happens gosh darn it! lol

FairyPrincess86
Supreme Member

Postby FairyPrincess86 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:47 am

FOR REAL!

i know this guy at a coffee house by my work that is...oh so etible!

and i just get an extreme urge to jump over the counter...and then he starts to talk and i am like...yup painful reminder this guy is gay.... :lol:

u know hoe some guys will talk very feminine :D

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:03 pm

thats what i am talking about! all good looking considerate men that women look for for boyfriends, already have their own boyfriends!!!!

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:07 pm

I know it sux man....cuz the first time i met him i thought he was gay from the way he talked and just like the way that he carried himself but i was like no he's only gonna be a junior (at the time) it can't be true...and then he like me, went out with my ex best friend but now were just friends again lol and then he turned bi/gay...and he was soo sweet too! actually he was like my date for gala lastyear :lol: he wasn't my date date but we spent like the whole night together so he should of been :lol: oh man i miss him! i havne't talked to him for so long and you guys are making me miss him :cry: lol

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:22 pm

waiting...

waiting some more...

oh yeah, and waiting...

FairyPrincess86
Supreme Member

Postby FairyPrincess86 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:38 pm

PreCiouSbAbY wrote: waiting...

waiting some more...

oh yeah, and waiting...

:cheeseburger:

:dance:

:guzzle:

:happyface:

:crazyjump:

:smiler:

:pimp:

:juggle:

:phonecall:

:tv:

:picknose:

:whistle:

:bootyshake:

it's comin...i wrote bits but it isn't satisfying me...

my sarcasm is on the frits...but i am workin on it...

soon precious :dance:

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:31 pm

*taps foot impatiently* but daddy i want an oommpa loompa now!!

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:42 pm

update plz? :D

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Thu Dec 25, 2003 8:45 pm

major writer's block??? eh??? :(

oh well...i'll just imagine the rest :lol:

FairyPrincess86
Supreme Member

Postby FairyPrincess86 » Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:09 am

PreCiouSbAbY wrote: major writer's block??? eh??? :(

oh well...i'll just imagine the rest :lol:

:P

i got in some trouble lately....for awhile there i thought i was gonna have to go to juvi for 30 days :o ...long story.

but now it's all cleared up and once i get done with the abs awards i am gonna update.

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Fri Dec 26, 2003 5:41 pm

:o glad u got everything cleared up!

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Sun Dec 28, 2003 4:18 pm

juvi...holy crap. & you're only 17. :o

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:57 pm

fairy!!!! WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT PROSTITUTING YOURSELF OUT!!! i told you you would get caught!!!!! :lol: nah just playin playa!

FairyPrincess86
Supreme Member

Postby FairyPrincess86 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:55 pm

:bootyshake:

that was suppose to be our little secret damn u!!

yeah i am still going through the courts right now so it's been hard to keep up with the net :lol:

i didn't kill anyone or sell my cooch to anyone :lol: ...i was suppose to fulfill AA and NA classes for this one time i got busted and i never did *stupid me*...but i was given grace so....my abnormally white ass is not going to juvi. *sighs*

JUST SAY NO PEOPLE!!!

the next chapter will be up after the abs awards.

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:37 am

:bored:

:whistle:

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:05 am

just be glad that if you were to get in real trouble that it would juvi- i outgre juvi years ago! thats my girl fairy :pimp:

Return to “Fan Fiction”