You Don't Have To Be Alone...

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:43 pm

<span style='color:dodgerblue'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>*Coming Soon! Watch This Space!*</span></span>

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:54 pm

<span style='color:dodgerblue'>You Don’t Have To Be Alone…

Life Isn't Always Easy

She brushed her hair out of her face and swept it back out of her way. She walked over to the window, pulling back the moth eaten curtains to reveal a city covered in rain. She sighed, picked up her Walkman, old and battered and placed it in her pocket. She made way for the door and then stopped abruptly, running back to her bedroom and there lay her name badge on the bed. She picked it up, pinning to her chest her name: Sydney. She looked round her apartment, the walls decorated with damp, the little furniture either old or tattered and sighed once again. She saw the bed the covers still indented with her shape, her book lay open at the page she’d been reading, and her perfumed still graced the air. But even though the apartment looked lived in it still had an emptiness, a coldness, a soulless feeling that sometimes she just couldn’t put her finger on. And even though her traces could be found in every room, it didn’t feel like hers.

Sydney looked down at her watch: 7:46, she was going to be late. Scooping her jacket up from the chair next to the door she threw it on and opened the door. Pulled the key out from her pocket, she locked the door to her apartment.

Sydney ran down the stairs and out into the storm outside. The street, the buildings, the people, looked like they had all been painted blue to match the cold sky that stood tall above them all. She ran along the pavement and as she did she passed a small child wrapped up in a worn blanket, too tired and weary to beg for money. She felt a pang in heart for being so ungrateful. Her apartment may be small and empty but at least she had shelter from the storm, somewhere to go home to at the end of the day. The girl’s face was dirty and black apart from the places where tears had washed away the dirt. She looked back at her as she ran along the street until she could no longer make out her face and made her way down the steps to the underground. She bought her ticket and ran for the train, she reached it just in time and threw herself through its doors and then onto the first seat she found. Out of breath she sat there staring at her shoes until she’d recovered. Sydney slipped her hand into her pocket and felt for her Walkman. She pulled out its wires all tangled together and began the task of unwinding them. She crossed her legs, her jacket rising to reveal her long legs, a large ladder on her tights stretching up her left thigh. Her black boots still smelling of polish. She squirmed to get comfortable in her seat. She sensed someone sitting down in the seat next to her and could smell strong cologne but continued to concentrate on the task at hand.
She looked to her left recognising the women siting next to her as someone who lived in her apartment block, someone she said good morning to almost every day. If she remembered correctly, Miranda of 14b.
The person to the right of her shifted in there seat moving slightly closer to her. She felt a chill down her spine and began to feel slightly uneasy. Sydney looked up and found a young man sitting next to her. He winked at her and she gave a small fake smile. She was about to go back to untwisting her headphones when he spoke. “Can I help you with that?â€￾
“Oh, no thank you.â€￾ She smiled. She started at him, sensing some hidden agenda behind his large brown eyes.
“It's just... I know every knot there is, how to tie them and how to untie them. I’d be happy to get out those knots for you quickly… miss.â€￾ He said, his accent – a Southern Drawl slid down her back and sent shivers down her spine. She shivered slightly in her seat. A cheep grin slid across his face.
“No thank youâ€￾ she replied, “I’m almost doneâ€￾
“Alright then Missâ€￾ He made to place his hand on her thigh. But she caught his hand in hers. “Ah… I was just going to get your headphones…â€￾
“From my leg?â€￾ she replied as she released his hand.
“I just wanted to help you out, show you how quick… my hands can workâ€￾ he winked again and placed his hand on her wrist, closing his finger around it.
“I have already told you no, twice. Now if you please could leave me alone now. I don’t need your help, thank you.â€￾ She shaked her arm and he let go reluctantly.
“Oh come on baby, don’t be like that.â€￾ He positioned himself even closer to her and she cold feel his breath on her neck. He took his hand and swept it through her curls, up across her neck and onto her cheek.
“Get the hell of off me!â€￾
“Hey, hey girlie. No need to get angry, I’m just trying to be a friendâ€￾
“I don’t need a friend.â€￾
“Everyone needs a friendâ€￾
“Well I don’t need one like youâ€￾
“Watch the feelingsâ€￾ he replied as he placed his hand on her thigh and began to move it closer to her waist.
“I said don’t touch me and I meant itâ€￾ she stood up and his hand fell away from her. She moved along a few seats. He moved back into the centre of his seat and picked up the newspaper lying next to him.
She picked up her bag and pulled out a book – 100 things to do before tomorrow.
She pulled out the bookmark and began reading.
Several minutes passed, and she tried hard to concentrate on the book and not at what had just happened, but the lines of print faded in and out of focus so she had to give up. She looked up to see if she was nearly at her stop and found the man had put down his paper and was looking at her.
“Do you think maybe there’s something you should do before tomorrow?â€￾ he asked.
She tried to ignore him, no need to fuel that fire but she just couldn’t help herself. “And what exactly would that be?â€￾
He was smiling at her again. “Learn some mannersâ€￾. he grinned.
“Oh…", she beamed, "I would but I care about others just too much. And right now there’s something I think you need to do before tomorrow…â€￾
“And what’s that?â€￾ he questioned.
“Find your dick!â€￾
His smiled faltered but she smiled her sweetest smile back at him.
“Well…this is my stop, hope we can do this again sometime... sugarâ€￾ he muttered. He got up and stood by the train doors. It came to a halt and she watched him walk onto the platform as the train sped onwards. She looked round at the little passengers in her carriage and felt a surge of anger. She squeezed her jacket, her hand clenched. She bit her lip but could no longer keep quiet. Some of them were looking at her, others clearly avoiding doing so. She burst. “How could you all just sit there? Watching! While that man, that man…â€￾
Miranda spoke, “It happens all the time Sydney, what are people like me supposed to do about it?â€￾ she shrugged. Then looked down at the paper on her lap, as if she had said all that was needed to be.
But Sydney hadn't finished. “Do you have a daughter?â€￾
Miranda looked up, wearing an expression of suprise. As if it was funny that Sydney was still talking to her “Umm... and... what’s that got do with…â€￾
“Do you have a daughter? It’s just a simple question Miranda.â€￾ She said firmly. She started at her fixedly, right in the eyes.
She sighed, as a mother might do when their child asks too many questions, “Well yes, I do. But it’s really, right now, none of your business if…â€￾
“Would you sit and watch while some man tried to feel your daughter up? Would you? Would you?â€￾
Miranda of 14b looked at her, mouth hanging open. Everyone in the carriage was staring at Sydney. Miranda continued to look at her but said nothing.
Sydney sniffed, raising her eyebrows slightly, “Huhâ€￾. She stood up and put the headphones in her ears, the train doors opened and she got of and walked onto the platform and made a point of not looking back.</span>

:unsure:

Sarah
Supreme Member

Postby Sarah » Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:04 pm

claire! you posted it!!
thats was well good! i dont know why you dont like it!!
post more soon hun! :hug: :P

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:27 pm

Claire! That was awesome girl.

:yay: I'm SO glad you posted it. But now... I want more! :P

Seriously though, I love it so far. :nod:

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:00 pm

wow! that was great!!!
poor girl, u wud expect sumone to help u in a situation like that <_< pervert :angry:
cant wait for more :P

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:18 pm

I'm loving your story so far, so you have to give us some more. We're a needy bunch ya know!

Eww, that perv at the station needs to stop with that behavior. I would've kicked him the balls for pulling that s**t!

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:57 pm

I love your story!! I seriously would of kicked that guys *ss if he had been doing that to me...no i'd prob kick him in the dick but ya kno :lol: ahh i wanna know what happens more please!

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:12 pm

Thanks for all the feedback ladies, you guys are the bestest. :blowkiss: Just about to update. :P

Sarah
Supreme Member

Postby Sarah » Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:14 pm

damm im gonna have to wait until tomorrow coz my mum is kicking me off the comp!! :(

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:18 pm

<span style='color:dodgerblue'>It Gets Better. Doesn't It?

Sydney walked out of the station to find it was still raining. She paused briefly, titling her head upward towards the sky and let the rain cleanse her skin. She then hurried along the street but still taking in all the sights as she did. The old man that sits on the steps outside of his apartment everyday, watching. Or perhaps waiting. Next the bakery, which never fails to produce the smell of the freshest bread. And then the crowds of people that no matter what are always far too busy rushing somewhere.
Sydney made her way down a side street and pushed open the back door to the café where she worked. The café was old, and it looked that way. It seats were tattered and worn from use and the neon sign outside made an odd buzzing noise that sounded particularly unhealthy. But the café never failed to be busy; solely relying on its regulars and the odd person that would accidentally stumble through its doors but mostly likely not return.
Yet there was something that she liked it about. And she thought of it as an old dirty pair of shoes that she was picking as opposed to a shinny new pair. Old shoes that she chose to wear over news ones because of the memories attached to them. It felt comfortable, just like old shoes always do. Here she liked the atmosphere, the clients and the fact it had a personality. And much preferred it to any new café on the main street. Yet there was still that nagging feeling that she was destined for something different, that is always there at the back of her mind, like an itch you just can’t scratch.

She slowly was awoken for her thoughts. Out of the corner of her eye she saw a figure leaning against the doorframe.

“You’re late.â€￾
“I know.â€￾ She sighed.
“Againâ€￾
“I know! I-â€￾
“But you should know I’ll tell the boss you arrived on time any howâ€￾ he grinned.
A sigh of relief admitted from her being and she smiled back at him.
“Thanks, I appreciate it. I guess this means I owe you. Yes?â€￾
He contemplated it and she saw his face form a thoughtful expression and wondered if she’d grow to regret her word choice. “Yeah you do, so why don’t you repay me by going out to dinner with me tonight?â€￾
She looked at him questioningly and then replied.
“What about… um… Sandra?â€￾
“Susan?â€￾
“No…â€￾
“Sarah?â€￾
“Yeah Sarah.â€￾
“What about her? We broke up. So that means you can have dinner with me tonightâ€￾
“Jesse!â€￾ she sighed, “I don’t want to end up being just another one of your girls.â€￾ She joked and continued but in an apologetic tone. “Anyway, I can’t tonightâ€￾.
He smiled a weak smile back and watched her walk out of the room. He sat down on the sofa and put his head in his hands.

“Alright. Sydney, you can have your break nowâ€￾
“Thanksâ€￾ she pulled of her apron and went into the back room. She carefully took out her bun and ran her fingers through her brown hair. Her hair slipped onto her face but she didn’t notice it. She rested her head in her hand and stared at the wall.
“Syd?â€￾
Completely wrapped up in her own thoughts, she began to shed tears.
“Syd. Sydney? Sydney!â€￾
“Uh—what?â€￾ she said looking around until she could see who was talking.
“Are you alright?â€￾ He moved to sit next to her but she put her hand out to stop him.
“I-I’m fine. Really, I’m fineâ€￾ she nodded.
“Hey, you are not fine, tell me wh--â€￾
“Jesse don’t. Just don’t, ok?â€￾ she pleaded.
“Don’t what? I want to check my friends ok, alright.â€￾
“I told you I’m fine. I’m fine.â€￾ But she knew she reassuring herself rather than him.
“I’m just trying to help Sydney…â€￾
“Well… well I don’t need your help and I don’t need your sympathyâ€￾ she snapped. She stood up and made her way outside to the back alley. She leant against the wall and her face fell to meet her upturned hands as tears started in her eyes.

The café had been emptied. Only two employees were still working away, getting it ready for bed. And they happened not to be talking to one and other.
Sydney had locked Jesse in the back, for reasons that will become clear, perhaps it was drastic but it as her only option. Meanwhile Jesse was under the impression he himself had some how got himself into that situation and didn’t want to call for her help. So he sat stubbornly, determined not to crack and hoped she’d come in to get her belongings soon.

She unlocked the door and Jesse quickly went to pretending he was busying cleaning the room. She suppressed a grin.
“Come with me, I need your help with somethingâ€￾ she began to walk but he didn’t follow.
“I thought you didn’t need my helpâ€￾ he offered.
“I need to say something to youâ€￾
“What something would that be?â€￾
“Something like I apologiseâ€￾
He nodded and followed her into the eating area. She has stacked all the tables as normal, expect for one. It sat in the middle of the room awaiting them. At a closer look he realised there was a meal for two placed on its surface.
“I think I owe you a dinnerâ€￾
“Yeah, as a matter of fact you do,â€￾ he said firmly but with a smile.
“I’m sorry about earlier, I didn’t mean to be so rude. I’m sorryâ€￾
He looked down into her green eyes which where twinkling in the dim light.
“It’s all right but… what is all this?â€￾ he gestured at the table and around the café.
She smiled back, “It’s just my way of saying sorryâ€￾
“So, you’re ok?â€￾
“I’ll be fine …just give me timeâ€￾ she told him.
She strolled over to the jukebox and gave it a reassuring nudge. Most things in the café are either old or broken. This was both. It still played tunes. But which one you’re going to get, you never really know. Al Green’s, Let’s Stay Together began to fill the air and she asked him to dance.
“I don’t dance, as in I can’tâ€￾.
“That’s impossible!â€￾ She grabbed his hand and placed it on her waist and they began to dance. He smiled at her and she returned his smile. “Thanks for being a good friend to meâ€￾
“Yeah, sure … yeah, friendâ€￾. He smiled back at her but she did not notice his eyes telling a different story.

“See you tomorrow?â€￾
“Uh-huh, tomorrowâ€￾ he sighed and once again watched her walk away leaving him behind and all alone.

Sometimes life is hard, and I mean really hard. And the only thought that keeps you going is that it gets better. There’s just one problem. It hasn’t got better yet.

It had stopped raining and sky blue had been replaced with the dark of night. She pulled her coat tightly round her and listened to the sounds of night. The sound of her shoes every time she took a step, the trees blowing in the wind, swaying to the rhythm of her breath, the sounds of cars far of in the distance, and doors being shut for the night, curtains closed and lights off. All the sounds of a busy town going to sleep.

Talking of sleep, she found again the little girl, this time curled up in her tattered blanket. It was too small for her and her little feet stuck out at the bottom, blue from the cold. She looked up into the sky as if questioning the moon for an answer. She then shrugged of her jacket and placed it over the frame of the child. From her bag she took out her purse intending to leave some change. But instead she opened its entire contents next to the sleeping beauty. She shivered as the cool wind left Goosebumps over her skin and looked up at the sky and smiled.

Sydney opened the door to her apartment and dropped her bag at the entrance. She didn’t switch any of the lights on and felt her way carefully into the bathroom. Her green eyes adjusted to the dark and she looked into the mirror. She pulled of her clothes leaving on just her vest top and pants. She then took out her bun and her curls fell neatly around her face. She turned on the tap; it’s metal skin feeling cool against her own and let the water run over her wrists, as a river flows over the land. Filling the basin she gradually dipped her face further and further into the pool of water as a child might when they are unsure. She closed her eyes and tried to clear her mind. Thoughts were swirling round and round as water does down into a drain. She raised her head sharply and her hair flew back hitting her neck and back.
Droplets of water falling from the tips of her curls like tears. She drained the sink looking at her reflection seeing someone she barely knew. She got into the shower, where tears and water became indistinguishable, and washed away the day.

When does it get better?</span>

Sarah
Supreme Member

Postby Sarah » Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:56 pm

i just sneaked on so i could read your update!
Claire i love this story!
its so beautifully written! you capture every emotion and you describe it in a way so it seems real!
update soon hun! :hug: :P

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:08 pm

Sarah wrote:i just sneaked on so i could read your update!

Aww, thanks so much Sar! :hug: And thanks even more for all your great feedback, seriously you're the greatest! :P :D

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:29 pm

Claire I'm so jealous girl! You're such a great writer! :nod: With the way you describe things, it's like I fall into the story instead of just reading it. Keep up the great work hun. :hug::

And update soon! :please: :D

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:31 am

Oh my gosh, I have to agree with everyone else. Your writing is absolutely beautiful. I, too, feel like I am a part of the story rather than a reader. Your descriptions are perfect.

You have me very curious about why Sydney is so upset. I feel so badly for her and I do hope that things eventually get better for her.

Great job. Can't wait for another update!

Sarah
Supreme Member

Postby Sarah » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:34 pm

JT Fan Girl wrote: Aww, thanks so much Sar! :hug: And thanks even more for all your great feedback, seriously you're the greatest! :P :D

:P i know!! lol
thats ok hun! :hug: :blowkiss:

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:39 pm

*BUMPING* Cuz Angel hasn't read it. :( And you know, :whisper: I might include wall sex a little later on. :P

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:40 pm

seriously you're the greatest!  

:pouts: what about me?

damn claire!! this is supergood
i love your descriptive writing style
its such a good story!

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:36 am

fantastic..i love it. keep writing. i like your style of writing, although i'm a little bleak on the story line.

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:38 pm

OMG i can't believe I didn't see that you had updated! I'm sooo sorry!!! :cry:

I love how expressive you are. Whether its desribing the atmosphere or her emotions it really gives you insight into the character and into the setting :nod: i wonder where things are gonna lead between her and this guy...hmmm interesting MORE PLEASE!

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:27 am

great chapter, i love the way u write :P cant wait for more :D

Sarah
Supreme Member

Postby Sarah » Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:05 pm

<span style='color:hotpink'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BUMP!!!</span> </span> :P

i wanna update claire!! :D

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:59 pm

am i fashionably late? so far this is a great story- i cant wait to find out what has her so down- more please!

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:05 pm

:whistle: Waiting for an update Claire.... :whistle:

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:45 pm

*sings to the scooby-doo tune*

clairey-poo-poo where are you you've a fic to write now
clairey-poo-poo we need you to update you silly cow (ok so you arent a silly cow i just couldnt come up with a better rhyme that quickly!)

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:16 pm

Ok Claire, hun, I'm really tryin to be patient here, but um... :unsure:

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>UPDATE NOW!</span>

:P :hug: <_< :D

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:29 pm

zozon3 wrote::pouts: what about me?

What about you? :shrug:

:lol: You KNOW I love ya Zo! :P

*sings to the scooby-doo tune*

clairey-poo-poo where are you you've a fic to write now
clairey-poo-poo we need you to update you silly cow (ok so you arent a silly cow i just couldnt come up with a better rhyme that quickly!)

:rofl: Aww Angel, that was beautiful! ^_^

:lol: Ash! :hug: I'm working on the next chapter. I'm just a little confused where I'm going with this story. :confused:

Thanks for all the feedback though guys, the new chap should be up very, very soon! :nod:

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:40 pm

I'll be waiting... :whistle:

Very impatiently... :unsure:

But waiting, nonetheless. B)

Sarah
Supreme Member

Postby Sarah » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:40 pm

<span style='color:orange'>yep i'll be waiting as well claire!</span> :nod: B)

JTnTN
Supreme Member

Postby JTnTN » Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:00 pm

wow i'm late. but i'm gonna have to agree with everyone else - you are a a wonderful writer.
i hope you post more very soon.
sydney is very intriguing so i have to know what's going on with her.

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:51 pm

more please

pretty please?

pretty please with a cherry on top? :rolleyes:

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:37 am

:blowkiss: Thanks so much for all the feedback and bumping ladies, you all are wonderful! :P

The next instalment may be short but it will be coming very, very soon. B)

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:47 am

<span style='color:dodgerblue'>The To Do List

3 weeks ago...

“Adamâ€￾
“Sydneyâ€￾ she leant over the counter to shake his hand. His flesh felt warm against her skin, kinda like how the sun feels when it’s shining down on you on a blue skied summer’s day. She noticed he had words scrawled all over his hand, his very own mobile notebook. “What have you got written there?â€￾ she questioned. An inquisitive look washed over her face, and the green in her eyes sharpened to match it.
“Oh… it’s nothing,â€￾ he said quickly drawing his hand away from hers, embarrassed.
“Well if that’s nothing, then I’d like to see what something looks likeâ€￾ she smiled.
He smiled back, “I just think now we’ve hyped it up too much… it’s just a to do list…â€￾ he removed his hand from his pocket and she leaned over the counter to take a closer look. Her long elegant fingers took his hand in hers, and her flesh felt cool against his own.

- Meet Jesse at 11
- Pick up guitar
- Ask out cute girl from the café

“Who’s the cute girl?â€￾ she questioned.
He raised his eyebrow, “Fish-fish-fishing in the pool of compliments, eh?â€￾
“Never…â€￾ she looked down at his hand and then up at him again and smiled “Either way, I think I caught my fishâ€￾
He smiled at her.
“Wait thereâ€￾ she told him, she bent down and rummaged around, looking for something under the counter.
“Well… would you, if it’s alright, possibly, if you would… let me take you outâ€￾
Sydney emerged from behind the counter, then picked up his hand and with a quick flick of the pen, an inky black tick oozed onto the surface of his skin next to the last task on his list.
“Sydney! Will you please get back to work this instant, I pay you to give the customers what they want, not to draw on them!â€￾ For those last few minutes she’d completely forgotten where she was but the sound of her boss’ voice booming into her ear brought her back to her all too familiar surroundings, “Unless of course that’s the bill your writing on his hand, is it?â€￾
“Well I see how you could come to that conclusion, after all, it does involve figures…â€￾
“I don’t think a coffee runs up a 8 figure bill, do you?â€￾
“My mistakeâ€￾ she grinned and turned back to face Adam, “Well this is where I leave you, unless you want to order something else?â€￾
“Well I’ve already got the special, so what else is there?â€￾
“Stop! You’re making me blushâ€￾ And she wasn’t just joking, her cheeks growing a peachy shade.
He put on his best thinking expression, “Ok then, um, I’ll have a beautiful waitress to go… preferably a Sydneyâ€￾
And she put on her best serious tone, “Do you want that with fries?â€￾
“No, no. That’ll be all thanksâ€￾
“Well I’m afraid we’re fresh out of those now, but we do deliver…â€￾
“Seven o’clock?â€￾
“Seven…â€￾
“SYDNEY!â€￾
“Ok, ok! I’m working, I’m working…â€￾ she smiled, one of those smiles that are so rare but when you see it you know it's absolutely genuine. </span>

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:49 pm

:P awwww short but sweet chapter :D
cant wait for more

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:02 pm

awwww!!! :wub: They are soo cute together!! ahh i wanna see how things work out between them! more please!

Sarah
Supreme Member

Postby Sarah » Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:54 pm

aww bless that was such a sweet chapter :wub:
update soon hun!

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:43 pm

i like thi story a lot. update soon please

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:41 pm

Aww they're too cute together. :wub: Don't leave me hangin for another 3 weeks though. :pray: :D

JTnTN
Supreme Member

Postby JTnTN » Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:41 pm

aww they seem so cute together. i have only one complaint... that was way too short! i'm in desperate need more of your awesome writing. :nod:

the character adam in the story makes me think of adam brody. :wub: :ph34r:

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:35 am

That chapter was so cute. I'm glad that Sydney agreed to go out with Adam. I think they'll have fun together. I loved how he write his to-do list on his hand.

Don't keep us without a chapter for too long!

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:25 pm

damnit man i miss the days when guys use to do cute things like that! once guys get older its all about the sex, which i am not complaining about too much, but at the same time i miss the cutesy lil high school romances!

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:50 pm

Thanks everyone! :D New chapter should be arriving very soon indeed. :P

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:20 pm

<_< It BETTER be, you tease!

:P

Kidding, love ya hun! Update soon! :blowkiss:

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:32 pm

<span style='color:purple'>I absolutely love this Claire! I have to admit though, that this quote...</span>
She walked over to the window, pulling back the moth eaten curtains to reveal a city covered in rain.

<span style='color:purple'>It was really, really John...ish! As in it really reminded me of John...as have a lot of other references! I love it and can't wait for more!
</span>

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:56 pm

Tash! :wave: John just can't keep himself out of everything I write. :lol: He's the only inspiration I need.

I'm updating soon, mostly because I think Ash will hurt me if I don't. :P :unsure:

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:05 pm

<span style='color:dodgerblue'>Old Friend

Still 3 weeks ago...

She lay on her back, face upwards towards the sky. The wet grass brushed against her naked flesh and felt cool and refreshing. She watched the clouds, one by one; slowly float away to reveal a blue eyed sky she’d known was there underneath it, all along. And as the sky above was cleared from its darkness, so was she.
Somehow the movie in her head had got jammed and it was playing the days events over and over again. And just like it is when you watch your favourite, she knew all the right places to smile.
She ran her elegant fingers through the blades of grass and breathed in the fresh air that was all around. The summer breeze blew her T-shirt up just a little to reveal her stomach and she felt something tickle her skin. Sydney slowly raised her head to see what it was. Its bright skin twinkled in the light and she was careful not to make any sudden movements to frighten it. She carefully lifted her hands and scooped the butterfly into them. She cupped her hands, looking at the small beauty and then bent forward and told it a silent wish. Sydney opened her hands and she watched it fly gracefully further and further away till she could no longer see it amongst the rest of the world. She stood up and made her way to visit an old friend.

She wandered round the room thinking things through and then came to a stop as she heard someone coming towards the door. She stood near the entrance and awaited its opening.

“Sydney! You came to visit me.â€￾
“Of course I have Bâ€￾ she smiled.
The old lady’s wrinkles appeared to disappear for that moment in time and she smiled at Sydney. Sydney took her arm and helped her over to the bed where the pair of them sat down.
Her actual name was Barbara but in an atempt to "stay hip", as she put it, she'd demanded to be called B.
“I’m glad you’re hereâ€￾ she smiled back.
“How are you?â€￾ she asked making sure the lady was settled.
“Fine, fine, fine…â€￾ she said as she waved Sydney’s question away. “I want to hear all about you, what’s the latest gossip?â€￾ she asked excitedly.
“Hey, it’s only polite to answer…â€￾ but she was quickly cut of before the words had even a chance to form on the end of her tongueâ€￾
“Ah, foofy. Polite, sm’ite. Come on be nice to an old ladyâ€￾
“You old, never!â€￾
“Aw, stop trying to butter me up nowâ€￾ but she grinned. “So What’s the news?â€￾ she looked at Sydney as repeated, “What’s the news?â€￾
“News…â€￾ she mumbled to herself.
“Come on!â€￾ she cried impatiently.
“Well, give me a chance to think. Let’s see. Well I got my window fixed, and the leak on the roof…â€￾
“Sydney, you call that news? I couldn’t care less if you’re whole apartment got flooded. Give me the good stuff.â€￾
“Geez, thanks!â€￾
“You know I care. But being stuck in this place is exactly entertaining…â€￾ she frowned.
“Ok. Well. I met a guy.â€￾ She said examining her shoelaces.
“A boy huh? Now we’re talkingâ€￾ she replied as she rubbed her hands together
“And now there’s a date in the diaryâ€￾ she grinned, looking up.
“Aw Syd. This is the best newsâ€￾ she smiled.
“Yeahâ€￾ she blushed.
“Wellâ€￾ she said leaning forward and placing her hand on top of Sydney’s, “You better be back here to tell me every last detailâ€￾
“I will, that I can promiseâ€￾
“So, have you heard from you know yet?â€￾ she asked taking the subject in a different direction
“No, he hasn’t returned any of my calls yet…â€￾ she said looking down at her shoes again.
“He’ll be busy sweetheart, you know thatâ€￾
“I guessâ€￾ she put on a fake smile but B could see through that.
“Hey, I have a favour to ask you but I can’t fill you in on it properly yetâ€￾
“Explainâ€￾
“Well, there’s something I need to do soon and I’ll need your help.â€￾
“Whatever you need, I’ll do my best to helpâ€￾ she reassured her.
“You might change your mind in a second, I need you to help me organise a prison breakâ€￾
“What?â€￾
“I need to get out of this home to do something, not yet but I will soon and you know it would be nice to go somewhere without that silly nurse breathing down my neckâ€￾. She said with an expression on her face as if there was a bad smell in the air when she mentioned the word nurse. “So that’s where you come inâ€￾ she continued looking hopeful.
“B, I don’t know…â€￾
“Please Sydney, I promise that’s all you have toâ€￾ she pleaded.
“Will you tell me more?â€￾
“Nearer the time, nearer the timeâ€￾

When Sydney got home she headed straight over to check the answering machine automatically not actually expecting anyone to have called. So she was surprised to see someone had left a message.

“Hey Syd, it’s me. Sorry I haven’t had a chance to return your calls, work has been keeping me so busy. Therefore I understand I have to make it up to you. I have good news to give - I’ll be in town soon for a couple of weeks or so, want to meet up? Dare I ask, how could you refuse?â€￾

She smiled, how could she?</span>

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:28 pm

aww Sydney don't get yourself into trouble by helping her break out! but i wonder who that mysterious caller was?? i have a few ideas but i'll keep em quiet! lol MORE PLEASE!

Sarah
Supreme Member

Postby Sarah » Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:32 pm

<span style='color:deeppink'>ooh i wanna know who the caller is!!
i feel sorry for b, stuck in their all day, no wonder she wants to get out!
great chapter hun! :nod: update soon! :P </span>

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:05 pm

Aww poor B. I hope Syd helps her out. I like her, so she deserves to get outta that old home.

:whistle: *sings to the tune of Senorita* Old Lady B, I feel for you... :whistle:

:unsure:

Who's this mystery caller? Hmmmm? :thinking:

MORE pleeease? :D

EDIT: And yes Claire, I'll hunt you down like a celebrity if you don't update soon! :P
I LOVE this story! ;)

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:55 pm

awww she has to help B to hav a bit of fun, she has to hav a bit of freedom
Ohhhh who is the mystery caller?
dont keep us hanging :P

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:22 am

claire luv the story hun!!

update soon!!!