shortie17
Ultra Member

Postby shortie17 » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:14 pm

awww, they have to get back together
more please

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:56 am

<span style='color:limegreen'>:whistle: Lately... Have I told you I love you? Lately... Have I told you you still mean the world to me? :whistle:. Seriously, you guys with the compliments are awesome. I truly madly deeply appreciate you guys so frickin much. :wub: I'll be so sad when this story ends. But hey, at least we've got the sequel, right? :D Enough of me babbling. Y'all know I love ya. Here's the chapter. ;)

<span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='color:dodgerblue'>Chapter 43

Ten

Michelle’s heart was racing when she and Justin walked off the dance floor, and for all she knew, out of one another’s lives. She didn’t want to give up on him, but she didn’t know how not to. He did the one thing he promised never to do to her. When things got rough, he let her go.

Nine

Justin watched when Michelle retired to her dinner table with her party, which consisted of JC, Joey, Lance, Chris, and each of their dates. They seemed to have been entertaining her the entire night, but he knew that the smiles she plastered on her face and the chuckles weren’t authentic. Justin wandered aimlessly around the ballroom, wondering how to convince her to let him back in and make that smile reappear.

Eight

Michelle revisited the words they’d shared that night over and over again in her head. Each second of her their dance flashed through her mind like a nightmare mixed with a fantasy. She dreamed of being back in his arms from the moment he walked away, but once it happened, nothing but regret washed over her. Her head told her that going back to him would only prove her weakness. But not following her heart would make her a hypocrite.

Seven

Justin had paced outside to the cold night. He watched the snow swirl back and forth, landing on his red cheeks. As he thought of he and Michelle’s Christmas rendezvous, he shed a lone tear, blending with the melted flakes on his cheek. The snow falling was only a painful reminder of their happier times together. Not even a week before, they’d been the happiest two people on the planet. Where did it all go wrong?

Six

The night was becoming a blur to Michelle as her thoughts were consumed by confusion and sadness. It was unbearable to be away from him, stealing glances from afar. But being with him proved to be even more painful. His distrust deeply hurt her even when she tried to explain, and all he did was walk out. She didn’t want to hold a grudge, but how could she not?

Five

As the night grew longer, Justin’s frustration was mounting. He didn’t understand why two people that loved each other as much as they did were falling apart like this. He knew he was wrong, but isn’t that what apologies were made for? Why couldn’t she just accept that he made a mistake? It’s not like she was flawless… but at least she knew to trust him.

Four

Sean had been her downfall. He was the reason that she was so uneasy about everything in her life. He was the reason that she hadn’t been ready to say it back to him. Could those three little words have prevented everything? Never in her life had she wanted to take back a moment more than the second where she hesitated to admit her love for him.

Three

Justin walked back inside to the party where Michelle sat at her table, still seemingly happy with JC. If he hadn’t been an arrogant a**hole and just listened to her, she’d be sitting at that table, snuggled up to him and he’d be all smiles instead of tears, knowing that he was with the most beautiful woman in the room. If only he’d trusted her. If only he could turn back time.

Two

As the countdown came to a close, and Justin found his way back to his date, he and Michelle exchanged numerous longing stares, silently praying that the other would come and put an end to their unhappiness. But in adamant fear of broken pride, and uncertainty, they continued to gaze from afar while their surrounding entourage celebrated the commencement of 2004. Justin dreamed of starting anew with Michelle by his side while she subconsciously wished him happiness without her.

One

Happy New Year. Hopefully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Happy New Year New York, from your #1 Hit Radio Station, Z100! Elvis here and I’m sitting in the studio with our newest exchange intern from Orlando, Michelle Alexander. And guys, she’s gorgeousâ€￾

“Thank you,â€￾ Michelle said, in the background, putting on her headphones.

“Michelle, say Hi to all the beautiful people in New York,â€￾ Elvis instructed her playfully.

She sat down at her designated mic, slightly apprehensive, but confident nonetheless. “Hello New York,â€￾ she proclaimed, smiling.

It was New Years Day and Michelle was sitting at New York’s most popular Top 40 radio station, in the midst of her professional dreams coming true, yet her focus was inevitably diverted to the fact that 2004 began with the love of her life in someone else’s embrace. And she wasn’t sure if she was right for wanting him back or wrong for not taking him back.

“So we’re sitting here talking about Justin Timberlake’s gig the other night, down on Irving Place,â€￾ Elvis began. “Michelle, as I understand it, you’re a big JT fan? Is that true?â€￾

Michelle looked around nervously, unsure of what he meant. “Um, yeah,â€￾ she managed to get out. “He’s amazing.â€￾

“So you were at the club right? I hear he put on quite a show.â€￾

“Not that you could expect any less from that guy, could you?â€￾ Michelle laughed.

“True,â€￾ he agreed.

“No, but it was a great show. He did all the big hits, some *NSYNC stuff. He talked to the crowd, danced a little. The guy has an amazing stage presence.â€￾

“Yeah,â€￾ Elvis interrupted. “We saw him with Christina this summer. Did you catch that show?â€￾

“No, I was out of the country actually,â€￾ she lied.

“Oh, well I’m telling you, those two put on some crazy performances. The energy is insane.â€￾

“Yeah.â€￾

He noticed Michelle’s uneasiness. “So anyways, back to JT. I hear his club is a little X-Rated.â€￾

Michelle chuckled lightly. “I wouldn’t go that far,â€￾ she laughed. “It’s just a more raw show. He gives you a piece of the real Justin.â€￾

“That sounds awesome. We’re gonna take it to the phone lines and see if you guys out there have any questions for Michelle about the show.â€￾

“Oh God,â€￾ Michelle muttered.

“Okay, we have Charisse from Long Island here,â€￾ he announced. “Charisse, you’re on air. What’s your question, babe?â€￾

“Hi Michelle,â€￾ the caller initiated. “I was just wondering if you got to meet Justin before or after the show or anything and if so, is he really as stuck up as people say he is?â€￾

“Well um,â€￾ Michelle chuckled, “I did get to meet him, and he’s a genuinely nice guy. I can see where the rumors come in, but all in all, he’s cool.â€￾

“Thanks Charisse for your question,â€￾ the DJ injected. “Z100, Tammy from Queens, you’re on the air.â€￾

“Hi Elvis! Hi Michelle! I wanted to ask if Cameron was at the show Tuesday night,â€￾ Tammy exclaimed.

“Hi Tammy,â€￾ Michelle said enthusiastically. “Um, I didn’t see Cameron there. I’m not sure why she would have been, but I guess it’s possible that she was.â€￾

“Oh, good to know,â€￾ Tammy replied.

“Thanks for calling in Tammy. We’re on air, talking about Justin Timberlake’s club show, taking your questions for our intern Michelle, who was front and center. We’ve got Ashley from Brooklyn here. Ash, what’s your question?â€￾

“Hey y’all,â€￾ the caller started.

“Hi Ashley.â€￾

“Well I was on this message board today – abstracts.net – and they were talking about this drunk chick that got up on stage and harassed Justin. Is that true?â€￾

Michelle burst into laughter, almost scaring Elvis and the incoming caller. “Umm, I think that they were just having a little fun with each other.â€￾

“Wow, I’m sure there are plenty of girls that would love to get up on stage and assault JT, if you know what I mean,â€￾ Elvis joked.

“Yeah I know right,â€￾ Michelle said in oblivion.

“Ashley, thanks for calling in.â€￾ He looked at Michelle with a smile, then glancing up to the station manager. “Okay, so Michelle, as the newest member of the Z100 family, we have a little surprise for you.â€￾

Michelle watched him nervously, hoping they weren’t about to embarrass her on air. “Well okay…â€￾ she trailed off.

“We have this little initiation process,â€￾ he gestured to the station manager, as Michelle turned in confusion. “I’m gonna step out of the studio for a while.â€￾

“Uh-huh.â€￾

“And you’re gonna conduct your very first on-air interview.â€￾

“What!â€￾ Michelle blurted in surprise. “I mean… oh.â€￾

Elvis laughed, knowing that her heart had probably just jumped out of her chest. “And lucky you, we here at Z100 have so much faith in you—“

“Don’t have too much faith in me,â€￾ Michelle interrupted.

“We have so much faith in you, we’re giving you a big time act here. We’re not playin around either,â€￾ he smiled to Michelle, who was losing her mind at this point.

“No, no, let’s play around. Don’t leave me,â€￾ she pleaded, as her eyes widened and her breath became short.

“You’re gonna be fine babe. You’re doing great. Just keep it up,â€￾ Elvis reassured her.

Michelle sighed and wondered who was about to walk through the door. She was prepared for P. Diddy or Beyonce. Hell, she would even interview Michael Jackson at that point. But she prayed that it would be anyone but—

“*NSYNC is in the studio, ladies and gentlemen. Michelle, I hope you’re ready girl.â€￾

She watched as Lance, Joey, and JC walked in, following quickly behind Chris. Predictably last, Justin wandered into the studio, fixated on Michelle. She sighed heavily, seeing the determination on his face. “I hope so too.â€￾</span></span>

Hopefully the next one will kinda make up for the boredom elicited in this chapter :lol:. Y'all know what's up. B) </span>

Sarah
Supreme Member

Postby Sarah » Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:39 am

like i said on the Justin board the suspence is killing me girl! :lol:
i wanna know what happens between the two of them! :nod:
update soon!

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:27 am

ahhh shiiitttt i cant wait to see how this interview goes, although i bet since they are friends that the guys will help her through this interview, hopefully... as for new years i was totally thinking that they were gonna be ok but i guess not! more please!

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:19 pm

Man i so thought that they were gonna kiss at midnight...darn u Ash! lol but the whole caller thing when it got to Ashley I busted up laughin and the whole abstracts board :nod: good job gettin abs in here! but oh man this is gonna be one interesting interview with the guys...Ahh i gotta know whats gonna happen! MORE PLEASE!

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:35 pm

:o I thought they were gonna be back together on new years eve :(The phone in was funny :lol: but i do feel nervous for michelle having to do her first interview and justin being there :unsure: Ash please let them get back together!

KrazyK
Advanced Member

Postby KrazyK » Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:26 pm

So remind me again why these two haven't been fixed yet? Please do it soon. Its hurting my heart for them to be apart like this. It's just not right! :( Yay for the Abs shoutout though. That was cute! Next please!

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:53 pm

<span style='color:purple'>The countdown was major intense!! I can't wait to see how the interview goes...yay!!!</span>

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:10 pm

<span style='color:limegreen'>Thank you, thank you, thank you for the great feedback. B) Y'all are awesome, as you already know. Angel, I'm gonna miss ya babe. Hurry back to us. I'll try not to end before you get back! :D

This one is pretty damn long, so... Here we go again... :unsure:

<span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='color:dodgerblue'>“*NSYNC is in the studio, ladies and gentlemen. Michelle, I hope you’re ready girl.â€￾

She watched as Lance, Joey, and JC walked in, following quickly behind Chris. Predictably last, Justin wandered into the studio, fixated on Michelle. She sighed heavily, seeing the determination on his face. “I hope so too.â€￾

Chapter 44

“This is Z100, and when we come back, we’re live in the studio with our intern Michelle and *NSYNC!â€￾ Elvis finished as they went to commercial, getting up from his chair. He greeted the group and tossed Michelle a wink and a thumb up as he left the room.

As Michelle watched the guys strategically place themselves amongst two microphones, she decided to let her fears drift away and let professionalism calm her nerves. She gripped her locket, as if it contained her confidence, and smiled. She could see Elvis and the station manager, along with the entourage that *NSYNC had brought with them, through the studio window.

Justin sat directly in front of her with a mischievous smirk upon his face. “Don’t be scurred girl. We ain’t gonna bite,â€￾ he joked.

“Speak for yourself J,â€￾ Chris injected as he put on his headphones.

“Yeah, Chris and Joe just might bite,â€￾ Lance laughed.

Michelle was all smiles, knowing that she was about to be just fine. “I wouldn’t have it any other way.â€￾ One of the interns then shot into the room, handing Michelle a long list of questions to serve as an itinerary for the interview. “How long are you guys supposed to be here?â€￾ she asked, scanning the list.

“At Justin’s insistence,â€￾ Lance started, “As long as you need us.â€￾

She sighed heavily, taking notice of Justin’s smile. He was in an oddly good mood that day, and she couldn’t help but wonder why. “Well I guess I should say thanks? Or something…â€￾ she trailed off. Her glance fell to JC, who hadn’t yet said anything. “How are you today,â€￾ she grinned at him.

“I’m cool mama. How bout you?â€￾

“I’m fine, th---AHHH!â€￾ she grasped her armrest, when she felt the seat of her chair suddenly drop. She looked behind her to find Joey whistling innocently while the other four laughed hysterically. “Sit down, Joe,â€￾ she said jokingly, searching for the clutch to return her chair to it’s original position. She noticed the red ‘On-Air’ light blinking above her head and realized that she had to get back to business.

She watched the computer screen in front of her flash the countdown numbers and her nervousness was escalating again, but Justin gave her an encouraging smile and she was ready to go. “Hello New York, and Happy New Year again! That was Jay-Z and Pharrell with 'Change Clothes,'" she started cheerfully. “I am Michelle, your Southern Belle, and I’m here in the studio, my very first interview you guys, sitting in front of *NSYNC.â€￾ Michelle looked at each of them as they cued light cheers and applause. “How are y’all doing? Happy New Year!â€￾

“Well it’s much happier now that we’re sitting in front of you,â€￾ Joey started.

“Well thank you,â€￾ she laughed. “So just in case anyone out there was just born yesterday, why don’t we go around and you introduce yourselves really quick.â€￾

They did as they were told, and the questions began. Between Chris’s jokes, Justin and Joey’s flirting and JC and Lance’s plethora of information, the discussion seemed to be going very well.

“Alright guys, you knew it was coming,â€￾ Michelle began, sounding like a pro. “When do we get a new *NSYNC record?â€￾

“Ah, the question on everyone’s mind,â€￾ Lance chuckled.

JC glanced at his group mates, waiting for someone to respond. “Well um, we uh, we actually don’t know exactly when the album will be out—“

“But we are recording, as we speak,â€￾ Justin interrupted.

“No we’re not. We’re on the radio as we speak,â€￾ Chris retorted.

“What he means,â€￾ Lance corrected, “Is that we’ve begun recording. We’ve explored some demos that JC and Justin had done for their albums, we’ve enlisted a bunch of producers and when we get back from the holidays, we’re going into the studio full force.â€￾

“Yeah we’ve gotta get an album out before Chris’s vocal chords shrivel up,â€￾ Joey joked.

Michelle laughed heartily. “I’m sure your fans will be glad to know that. Can I ask what producers y’all got on this album, or is that still on the low?â€￾

Justin jumped at this question. “Well um, obviously, we have The Neptunes, and Timbaland, we’re trying to get Brian McKnight again. Then for a new little twist, we’re working with John Mayer.â€￾

“Oh really,â€￾ Michelle added, as if she didn’t already know.

“Yeah,â€￾ Justin smiled. “And there’s this amazing guy from Europe, his name is Tony Mirano, we’re trying to get him on the record, but he’s booked through November.â€￾

“Oh yeah, I’ve heard of him,â€￾ Michelle replied. “He did that new Outkast track, right?â€￾

“Yeah exactly. He’s like the Italian version of Pharrell,â€￾ Justin chuckled.

“I actually met him over the summer,â€￾ JC furthered. “He’s a really cool cat, so we’ve really got our fingers crossed that we get to work with him.â€￾

“Oh well I hope that works out for you guys,â€￾ she grinned at JC. “Are there any collaborations y’all are looking at?â€￾

“Well um, I’d love to get Chris Martin on a track if that were possible,â€￾ Justin began.

“Yeah, and I’d like to work with Gwen Stefani,â€￾ Chris suddenly added as the guys laughed.

“We actually have something written with Alicia Keys in mind to do this piano solo,â€￾ JC came in.

“Wow, quite a lineup there,â€￾ Michelle interrupted. “Speaking of Alicia Keys, we’re gonna play her latest right now. Have y’all heard her album?â€￾

“Amazing,â€￾ Lance replied quickly.

“The track she did with Timbaland is just sick,â€￾ Justin exclaimed. “It’s a great album.â€￾

“Definitely. Okay y’all,â€￾ Michelle started as the quick piano introduction came in, “This is New York’s finest, Miss A. Keys, with ‘You Don’t Know My Name.’â€￾ Michelle let out a sigh of relief, thankful that it was all going well.

Elvis peeked his head through the studio door to give Michelle brief words of encouragement. “You are doing great! Keep it up, you just might have my job,â€￾ he joked.

She waved with an immense smile of satisfaction. “Thank you!â€￾

Justin stared at her intently, captured by her glow. He was incredibly proud of her achievements, and how well she was doing, not that he expected any less. And after all, they were all friends with each other. At least they had been. But it was killing him to sit there and act as if he didn’t know her. After all they’d been through, after she had become his best friend, now, he had to waltz into the studio like he was on top of the world and be Justin Timberlake. And maybe JT was on cloud nine at that point. But Justin, well he was about ready to crawl into a hole and cry, and it was frustrating for him having to lead that double life.

“And we’re back,â€￾ Michelle declared as the song ended. “That was Alicia Keys with her first single from her latest album ‘The Diary of Alicia Keys.’ Michelle Alexander here, sitting in the studio with the guys from *NSYNC on this lovely first day of the year. We were talking about the new album from these guys. Now what I’d like to know from you two,â€￾ she said, glancing at Justin and JC, “Is if it’s been weird going back to the group after doing the solo thing.â€￾

“You know what, the weird thing was being in the studio without them,â€￾ JC stated, scratching his nose. “It’s a totally different experience not having to compromise, but um, I like them both for different reasons, I guess you could say.â€￾

“Yeah, I mean, like C said, it’s just different. You do a solo album, it’s all you,â€￾ Justin replied. “But I think that um, coming back to the group, there’s a dynamic between us that you just can’t find when you’re in that recording booth, or when you’re writing alone. And to be honest, I’ve missed these guys man.â€￾

“Awww,â€￾ Joey chimed in, “Isn’t that sweet. He missed us!â€￾

“Whatever, he’s lying,â€￾ Chris added. “Just before we got here, he was talking about leaving us to start a group with Christina.â€￾

“Yeah,â€￾ Lance laughed, “What did you say it was called?â€￾

“Justina,â€￾ Joey answered. “Justina Aguilerlake.â€￾

The six of them cracked up as if they had been best friends for a lifetime. Michelle was quickly realizing why millions of girls were so enthralled with them. “Okay so Justin,â€￾ she quickly started. “Grammy’s. You got 3 nominations, right?â€￾

“Yeah.â€￾

“Any predictions?â€￾

“Umm, I dunno. I don’t wanna jinx it or anything. Just coming off my first solo record and being recognized is enough for me,â€￾ he responded genuinely.

“But really, he wants Album of the Year,â€￾ Chris interrupted.

“Yeah, and he’s gonna get it too,â€￾ JC beamed.

“We’re totally rooting for him,â€￾ Lance added.

“I am too,â€￾ Michelle stated seriously, gazing into Justin’s eyes. “Umm, we’re gonna go to another song, and when we come back, we’re taking questions for the guys from our listeners. Give us a call y’all. 212-845-1000. Right now, this is,â€￾ she paused and giggled, “Britney Spears with her girl Madonna. It’s ‘Me Against the Music’ on Z100.â€￾

She sighed again, removing her headphones to take off her earrings, which had been irritating her the entire show. “Alright y’all, if we can just get through these callers, we’ll be all done.â€￾

“No rush,â€￾ Lance replied. “I think this is the first time I’ve actually had fun doing this.â€￾

“Dude, I just realized, we haven’t done this in forever,â€￾ Justin proclaimed suddenly.

JC smiled hesitantly, eyeing Michelle while Chris watched Justin. “Is it possible to take you on the road with us as our personal interviewer,â€￾ Chris directed to Michelle.

“Hell, I wish,â€￾ she laughed, putting her headset back on. “Alright New York, I’m taking your calls for *NSYNC. My very first caller, Amy from BX, what’s up girl?â€￾

“Hey *NSYNC!â€￾

“Hi Amy,â€￾ they replied in unison.

“My question is for Lance. I wanted to know if you’re still planning to go up to space any time soon.â€￾

Everyone’s head turned in Lance’s direction. “Um yeah Amy, I would love to still be able to do that. It looks like I’m gonna have to wait a while," he laughed lightly. "But in the future, I'd definitely love to still do that.â€￾

“Great question Amy. Thanks for calling in,â€￾ Michelle stated. “Next caller we have is all the way from Memphis, Tennessee. We’ve got Lynn on the line. Hello Lynn, what’s your question?â€￾

“Hey Michelle, great job you’re doing honey.â€￾ The Southern drawl was immediately recognizable, and the six people in the room smiled in delight when they realized it was Justin’s mother speaking. “I’ve been listening to the show online, and y’all just seem to be having so much fun. I just wanted to know if your New Year’s Eve celebration was as amusing as this interview here.â€￾

“Well um, Lynn,â€￾ Justin chuckled, “It actually wasn’t. It was kinda boring.â€￾

“Yeah,â€￾ JC added with a chuckle, “We were all together at this fancy dress-up party for our record label. It was cool, but nothing especially crazy.â€￾

“Oh,â€￾ Lynn replied. “Well how about you Michelle. Did you enjoy your night?â€￾

Michelle silently cursed Lynn for putting her on the spot like that. “Well, thanks for asking Lynn. I actually had a very nice night." She winked at JC, hoping Lynn would take that for an answer. "Thanks for calling in, but we’ve gotta get to the next caller.â€￾

“Okay sweetie, thanks guys.â€￾

“Bye Lynn,â€￾ the group countered simultaneously.

“Alrighty, Kendra in New Jersey, what’s your question babe?â€￾

“Hi guys. First of all, I wanna say congratulations Joey on your engagement.â€￾

“Thanks,â€￾ he quickly inserted.

“You’re welcome,â€￾ she laughed. “My um, my question is for Justin though. I hope you answer it.â€￾

“Try me,â€￾ Justin laughed.

“Well I just got back from London and the buzz over there is that you’re dating this woman named Paige Maxwell. Is that true?â€￾

Justin noticed when Michelle visibly flinched at the mention of Paige’s name. “No sweetheart, that’s not true. Paige and I are just good friends.â€￾

“Yeah, they’re friends all right,â€￾ JC muttered under his breath.

“Kendra, thank you for your question honey,â€￾ Michelle sighed. “I guess that leads us to the other thing on everybody’s mind: Dating.â€￾

“I’m single,â€￾ Chris suddenly declared.

“And we know exactly why,â€￾ Lance laughed.

“So who’s doing what,â€￾ Michelle asked. “Or who… or whatever. We know Joey over here is married with kids. How about the rest of y’all?â€￾

“I’m single too,â€￾ JC laughed.

“Single,â€￾ Lance replied.

They all turned to Justin who would have liked to stay silent on the subject. “Mr. JT?â€￾ Michelle asked hesitantly. “We know it’s not Paige Maxwell, but is there a special lady in your life?â€￾

He stared at Michelle. “Umm, there was a special lady in my life,â€￾ he answered, biting his bottom lip. “But she’s choosing not to be a part of it anymore.â€￾

“Oh,â€￾ Michelle replied. “Well I’m sorry to hear that. Umm, let’s see, our next call—“

“Can I say something else, really quick,â€￾ Justin asked.

“Sure.â€￾

“Well, to that woman in my life, if she’s listening, I just wanna reiterate the fact that I love her with all my heart and I’m sorry for what I did. I was just stupid and confused.â€￾

“There you have it ‘special lady.’ He’s sorry,â€￾ Michelle tried to maintain her enthusiasm while speaking.

“This girl, man she was amazing.â€￾ They could tell that Justin was about to start rambling. Michelle looked at the other guys in confusion, unsure as to whether she should stop him. She glanced at the station manager, who signaled for her to let him continue. “She just had this energy that captured everyone she came into contact with.â€￾

Michelle bit her own lip nervously. “So why’d you let her go?â€￾

“Stupid. I just made a stupid mistake,â€￾ he answered, shaking his head. “I thought she didn’t love me and I flew off the handle.â€￾

“So then, you know she does?â€￾

“Yeah definitely. As much as both of us were scared to admit it, we needed each other. We still do.â€￾ Onlookers watched in confusion while this heartfelt conversation was forming between the two of them. But no one wanted to stop them. “She was perfect.â€￾

“No one’s perfect,â€￾ Michelle quickly retorted.

“No, she was perfect,â€￾ he maintained, seemingly staring through her, to her soul. “You know why? Because perfection lies in that person who can find comfort in themselves, not in spite of, but because of their flaws. She was my perfect angel.â€￾

“Don’t you think that’s a little overboard?â€￾

“Not at all. I always knew that the moment I laid eyes on my angel, I’d know. Not because of her physical characteristics, but because of her aura. And I found her." He offered her half a smile. "She had a presence in which I could find my own serenity. And together, we were flawless.â€￾

“Then why aren’t you together?â€￾

“Pain is only temporary. We’re going to overcome our obstacles.â€￾

“How can you be so sure,â€￾ Michelle countered, trying to fight back tears.

“Because I love her. And she loves me. And she made me realize that because of love, we’re gonna make it through the rain.â€￾

“How did she do that?â€￾

“She told me that love doesn’t allow you to think. It makes you feel. So she may not see where I’m coming from at this moment, but I know that if she’s listening, then she can feel it. The magic; the electricity; the dream coming true. It’s all there. We just have to take notice and grasp it. Because you can’t deny your heart.â€￾

“I’ve seen—“

“Because when you look at that person,â€￾ he interrupted, “And you see the love in their eyes reflected back at you, and you know they have those butterflies too, well that’s when reality washes away and you get lost in a fantasy. That dream disables all those insecurities and idiosyncrasies about love that practicality would want you to have. And you’re left with the feeling of knowing that everything is gonna be all right.â€￾

Michelle wiped the tears from eyes, still staring at him because she couldn’t break their gaze. She wouldn’t. “Ladies and gentlemen, you’re listening to Z100. New York’s #1 Hit music station. Here’s the new one from your American Idol. It's Ruben Studdard. ‘Sorry 2004.’â€￾ </span></span>

I was really tempted to end this story here :lol:. But, I'm not, so feedback please my dearests. :blowkiss: </span>

angelpops13

Postby angelpops13 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:31 pm

Aww that was a cute chapter. I'm glad Michelle knows how he feels. It was funny when J was talkin about michelle but he didn't say her name. More plz.

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:58 am

:wub: :cry: that was great! Michelle has to get back with Justin :P Thanks Ash for not ending the story there cuz i luv it!

shortie17
Ultra Member

Postby shortie17 » Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:58 pm

aww that made me cry; I'm glad your not ending the story more :D

KrazyK
Advanced Member

Postby KrazyK » Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:44 pm

:clap: Awesome chapter. What a sweetheart that damn Justin has turned into. I knew he didn't have to be an a**hole. Just speak from the heart and look what ensues. :lol:

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:48 pm

OMG :cry: that was soo sweet! I have tears in my eyes man! I wish a guy would say something even half as sweet as that to me....

Justin sure has thought about things the past couple days hasn't he?? aww I need more Ash

Did i mention that I'm so happy you didn't end the story there?? :lol: MORE PLEASE!

Sarah
Supreme Member

Postby Sarah » Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:37 pm

that was such a great chapter!

i need an update now!! :P

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:42 pm

<span style='color:limegreen'>Sorry gals... That took way too long, eh? :huh: Anyways, I hope y'all like it! :D

<span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='color:dodgerblue'>Michelle wiped the tears from eyes, still staring at him because she couldn’t break their gaze. She wouldn’t. “Ladies and gentlemen, you’re listening to Z100. New York’s #1 Hit music station. Here’s the new one from your American Idol. It's Ruben Studdard. ‘Sorry 2004.’â€￾

Chapter 45

“And we’re back,â€￾ Elvis declared, after they’d returned from commercial. “You are listening to Z100. Happy New Year, New York. Our newest intern, by way of Orlando, Michelle has been interviewing the guys of *NSYNC. *NSYNC, say hi guys.â€￾

“Hi New York,â€￾ the responded simultaneously.

“Well Michelle has officially left the building. Yeah we’re sending her back to O-Town for a while,â€￾ Elvis added, while the group let out disappointed groans. “I can’t have her taking my job,â€￾ he laughed. “So guys, what did you think? Does she deserve a permanent position?â€￾

“Yeah, she has it down,â€￾ JC answered with a smile.

“I think Justin would like it if she had a permanent position,â€￾ Chris joked. “But only if it’s on top of him.â€￾

The guys, excluding Justin, laughed loudly, as Elvis continued. “Is that so? Mr. JT, you’re tryin to hook up with our Southern Belle?â€￾

Justin let out a fake chuckle. “Nah, it’s not like that.â€￾

“Come on, our listeners are dying to know these things,â€￾ Elvis coerced him. “We know you like a little chocolate in your milk. Is she your type?â€￾

“Justin is shy about these things,â€￾ Chris interrupted.

“She was a very nice girl. That’s all I’ll say,â€￾ Justin replied.

“Oh come on. You want her number, don’t you? We here at Z100 have a little pull. We can hook you up.â€￾

“Do have a long conversation on the phone, can’t get you outta my mind,â€￾ JC suddenly sang with a laugh.

“Baby, are you feelin’ me, feelin’ you,â€￾ the rest of the guys joined in harmony.

“Y’all ain’t right,â€￾ Justin said with a laugh, shaking his head.

“Alright, alright,â€￾ Elvis relented. “We’ll leave the Trousersnake alone. Guys, it’s been great,â€￾ he chuckled. “Thanks so much for coming through.â€￾

“It was our pleasure,â€￾ Lance injected.

“We’ve gotta say goodbye now.â€￾

“Goodbye New York,â€￾ Joey exclaimed.

“Can y’all do one last favor for our listeners before you go?â€￾

“Anything,â€￾ JC replied.

“Give us a little ‘Bye Bye Bye?’â€￾

They all let out a slightly annoyed sigh. “Alright,â€￾ JC began. “This is for the fans that have stuck it out through this little break and are still with us.â€￾

“1,2,3,4,â€￾ Justin counted off.

“Don’t wanna be a fool for you. Just another player in this game for two. You may hate me, but it ain’t no lie, baby bye, bye, bye. Don’t really wanna make it tough. I just wanna tell you that I’ve had enough. Might sound crazy, but it ain’t no lie. Bye, bye, bye,â€￾ they sang in perfect synchronized harmony.

“That was great,â€￾ Elvis beamed. “Thanks again for coming in. *NSYNC, ladies and gentlemen. New York, you’re listening your #1 Hit Music station. We’ve got a little old school from these guys. Here’s some ‘I Want You Back’ on Z100.â€￾ As they went to the song, the six men removed their headphones and popped up from their chairs as Elvis shook their hands over the console. “Sorry about that Michelle thing,â€￾ he stated to Justin, shaking his hand.

“It’s cool man. It’s your job,â€￾ Justin stated, nonchalantly, glancing at Elvis’s desk space. “Hey man, are those your earrings?â€￾

Elvis looked down in confusion. “Definitely not,â€￾ he chuckled. “Probably the intern. I’ll save ‘em for when—“

“Could I take them to her,â€￾ Justin quickly jumped in.

“Um,â€￾ Elvis looked at the other four guys hesitantly. “Sure?â€￾

Justin laughed at his uneasiness. “It’s okay dude. We know each other.â€￾

He let out a deep breath. “Well that explains a lot. Feel free,â€￾ he replied, handing him the pair of hoops. “Thanks again, you guys, for coming in. We really appreciate it.â€￾

“We appreciate being here,â€￾ Lance countered.

“Good luck with the album,â€￾ Elvis declared as the group exited the studio.

“Well that was fun,â€￾ Justin stated in the elevator to whoever was listening.

They headed back to the hotel, where Justin hoped Michelle had already returned to. After that intense interview, he wondered if she realized just how sincerely sorry he was about everything. He wanted to put it all behind them so that they could move on and be in love. But he knew trust was a big issue for both of them, and one that might be harder than he thought for her to overcome. As he trudged through the hotel to where JC indicated she was now staying, he silently prayed that she was ready to let him back in. He knocked lightly on her door, biting at his nonexistent nails while he waited for her to answer.

Pulling her curls into a sloppy ponytail, she headed for the door, inadvertently hoping it was Justin. “Hi,â€￾ she half smiled, seeing him standing there with his head down.

He looked up with a gleam in his dark blue eyes - one that hadn’t been there since Christmas night. “Umm, hey.â€￾

“What’s up,â€￾ she asked politely.

“Can I come in?â€￾

“I dunno if that’s such a good idea,â€￾ she replied.

“Are you busy?â€￾

She turned around to her empty room, unable to think of a reason why he couldn’t enter. “No, come on in.â€￾

He walked through slowly, wondering if she was as uncomfortable as he was. “So, how have you been?â€￾

“Fine,â€￾ she giggled, plopping onto the couch of the suite JC had gotten for her. “We just saw each other like half an hour ago.â€￾

He sat down next to her, but far enough for more awkwardness to not to overcome them. “Yeah I know,â€￾ he smiled. “Just making conversation.â€￾

“Oh.â€￾ They looked around the room while crossing and uncrossing their arms and legs, unsure of what to say. “So did you need something,â€￾ she finally injected.

“No, not really,â€￾ he answered, forgetting the earrings in his pocket. “I just wanted to see you.â€￾

“Oh.â€￾

“That was a pretty good interview you gave us.â€￾

“Thanks,â€￾ she replied smiling. “But you guys made it easy.â€￾

“We aim to please.â€￾ More uncomfortable silence. “I meant everything I said.â€￾

She nodded enthusiastically. “I know.â€￾

“So….â€￾ he trailed off.

“So what?â€￾

“Never mind.â€￾

“Okay.â€￾ She searched the room for the remote control, wanting to put an end to the deafening quiet of the room. “Wanna watch some TV?â€￾

“Sure.â€￾

She flipped through numerous channels while Justin watched her delicate fingers in awe as they pressed the buttons on the remote. “Oh, I forgot about that Spongebob Marathon,â€￾ she exclaimed happily.

He laughed nervously. “My brothers love this show.â€￾

“Yeah I do too,â€￾ she laughed. “How are your brothers doing, by the way?â€￾

“Good. They asked about ‘The Mizzle’ when I talked to them this morning.â€￾

Michelle smiled at the thought of them, and the rest of his family. “That was fun.â€￾

“Yeah,â€￾ he replied in a daze. He watched Michelle lean towards the arm of the couch, in the opposite direction of him. He began biting his nails again, watching her.

She sensed his stare. “What?â€￾

“Nothin’. You’re just beautiful,â€￾ he smirked.

“Justin, I—“

“Just say ‘thank you.’ Please.â€￾

She stopped and smiled. “Thank you.â€￾

“Michelle, I want you back,â€￾ he suddenly declared, almost wishing he could take it back.

She let out a heavy sigh, knowing that it was coming. “You know what? I think we should work on being friends first.â€￾

“Why?â€￾

“I dunno Justin. Maybe that’s where we went wrong – we just jumped into a relationship. Maybe friendship should always come first.â€￾

He nodded, fighting back tears. “Maybe so.â€￾

“I’m not saying it to be mean,â€￾ she started.

“No, I know that. You could be right.â€￾

“I just wanna save us from disaster.â€￾

“Funny you should say that,â€￾ he chuckled.

"Why is that?"

“Well," he started, "Because I’ve always said that the only way to experience love is to open yourself up to complete and utter devastation and destruction.â€￾

She raised her eyebrows at him, wondering where all of his peculiar, yet accurate theories about love came from. “Well maybe you have to have a relationship based in familiarity and camaraderie before you learn how to open up like that. Something we never had.â€￾

“Maybe so,â€￾ he shrugged.

“So, we’re gonna be friends from now on, right?â€￾

“Yeah,â€￾ he answered sadly. “Friends.â€￾

They continued to watch TV in silence for what seemed like forever, before Justin finally got an unwanted pang of guilt when he remembered that he’d slept with Paige and had yet to tell Michelle. “Maybe I should go,â€￾ he proclaimed, getting up from the sofa.

Michelle looked up at him in surprise, but rose from the couch with him. “Why?â€￾

“I just remembered there was something I had to do,â€￾ he lied.

“Oh.â€￾

He walked towards the door with her following closely behind. “Oh yeah,â€￾ he stated, digging in his pockets. “I think these belong to you.â€￾

“My earrings,â€￾ she gasped slightly. “Where were they?â€￾

“You left them at the radio station,â€￾ he handed them to her, accidentally letting one drop to the floor. They both bent down to pick it up, bumping heads harshly. “OUCH!â€￾

“Oh shiit, that hurt,â€￾ she hissed.

Justin wiped at his forehead as if he’d been cut. “Is it bleeding? Did you cut me?â€￾

“Stop whining, you baby,â€￾ she laughed, rubbing her own head. “It’s fine.â€￾

“I don’t think so,â€￾ he maintained, rising from the floor. “Look at it. Make sure it’s not bleeding.â€￾

She grabbed his face and searched his head, pretending to scan it for any bruises. “I see nothing,â€￾ she smiled, staring into his eyes.

“Nothing,â€￾ he asked in a daze.

“Nothing.â€￾ Her fingers trailed across his lips. She knew she probably shouldn’t, but it had been too long since they’d been in that position. She pushed him towards the wall, and still holding his face, she let her lips fall over his. Her tongue explored his mouth while her fingertips grazed the curls at the back of his neck.

He closed his eyes and let her do the work. Her hands trailed across his shoulders and he soon found his hands intertwined with hers. For the first time in a week, they felt as if they were one again. He felt the butterflies that were there when he met her and he smiled from the inside.

But reality quickly washed over Michelle and she pulled away as quickly as she’d grasped him. “I’m sorry,â€￾ she said grimly.

Justin’s eyes flew open in disappointment. “Why’d you stop?â€￾

“Because,â€￾ she began, opening the door for him. “We’re just friends now.â€￾

His face dropped and he slowly walked into the hall of the hotel. “Right.â€￾ He tried to offer a smile, but it ended up being a wince. “Friends.â€￾</span></span>

You know what to do... "Take me to the bridge. Maybe we'll fly the night away..." :nerd: Okay, I'm done bein a dork. :lol: Feedback girls. :please: </span>

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:23 pm

Man Ash that was evil! I thought that they were gettin back together and nooo you had to have Michelle stop it all :no: but their time will come again :nod: I know it! MORE PLEASE!

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:22 pm

I dunno Justin. Maybe that’s where we went wrong – we just jumped into a relationship. Maybe friendship should always come first.â€￾

He nodded, fighting back tears. “Maybe so.â€￾
:( Awww they have to get back together soon

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:10 pm

<span style='color:purple'>I am so damn impatient!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</span>

shortie17
Ultra Member

Postby shortie17 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:20 pm

come on put them back together

KrazyK
Advanced Member

Postby KrazyK » Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:03 pm

I just knew you hadn't updated, but I'm glad I checked anyway, 'cause ya did! Awesome chapter as usual baby girl. But what's with the lack of hooking back up. They kissed. It's supposed to be done now. They should be together! Put them back together!... Well at least they're friends now I guess. I'll be waiting for more babe. :)

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:23 am

<span style='color:limegreen'>Thank you girls again for the GREAT feedback. I really do love it. A lot. :wub:

<span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='color:dodgerblue'>Chapter 46

It was January 2nd and Jourdyn was sitting in the passenger seat of Michelle’s new and improved Honda Civic as Michelle drove erratically down I-95 South towards Orlando. They’d only made it to Virginia by that point, but it felt to Jourdyn as if they’d been riding for days in the deafening silence.

“So,â€￾ Jourdyn stated, “Do you mind if I turn on the radio?â€￾

“Umm, sure,â€￾ Michelle replied in a daze.

She scanned the radio, getting nothing but static, commercials, and country music. “Got any CDs?â€￾

“Jo, you know I don’t have a CD player.â€￾

“Yeah, you do.â€￾

“No, I don’t,â€￾ Michelle maintained.

Jourdyn pulled out her CD case from her bag in the backseat and popped in Justin’s album. “Yes… you do.â€￾

Michelle watched in amazement as the disc disappeared into what she believed to be the radio. “Where did that come from!â€￾

“You think Justin took two weeks to repair a fender bender?â€￾ she laughed.

Michelle’s face grew serious at the mention of his name, but quickly loosened to a smile. “I guess I didn’t notice.â€￾

“You’ve had this car almost a week now.â€￾

“Well I’ve been a little preoccupied,â€￾ she retorted, hinting at she and Justin’s breakup.

“Oh of course,â€￾ Jo laughed.

“Not only that, but it’s not like I was driving myself around New York,â€￾ she added.

“Fair enough,â€￾ Jourdyn replied, as she began singing along to the song. They continued to listen in friendly peace as Señorita played on Michelle’s new speakers. “It feels like somethin’s heatin up. Can I leave wit you,â€￾ Jourdyn imitated Justin’s voice.

“Can we turn this off,â€￾ Michelle abruptly requested.

Jourdyn looked at her confusedly, then giggled when realization hit. “You can’t avoid this song forever… Or him, for that matter.â€￾

“I can try.â€￾ She reached for the volume dial to turn the sound down. “Seriously, can we do another album?â€￾

“Okaaay,â€￾ Jourdyn ejected Justified and put in Schizophrenic to see a wide grin adorn Michelle’s face. She watched carefully as she sung the words animatedly. “Can I ask you something?â€￾ Jourdyn thoughtfully stated.

Michelle glanced at Jourdyn hesitantly. “Sure.â€￾

“What do you think of JC?â€￾

“I think he’s awesome,â€￾ she beamed.

“Anything more specifically?â€￾

“Well I don’t know him that well, but he seems like an incredibly sweet, down to Earth guy.â€￾

“Oh.â€￾

“That knows how to treat a woman right,â€￾ Michelle finished.

That last part raised Jourdyn’s eyebrows, but she said nothing.

“Why do you ask?â€￾ she inquired.

“Well because Syd kinda likes him, so I wanted your opinion,â€￾ she lied.

“Weird,â€￾ Michelle replied.

“What’s weird about that?â€￾

“Well nothing really. I just thought her and Trace were hookin’ up.â€￾

Jourdyn laughed wildly. “Umm, definitely not. I think he’s talking to that girl Emma that he met in London or something.â€￾

“Oh, really? I thought she was with Pharrell?â€￾

“She was, now that I think about it.â€￾ Jourdyn turned her head towards the window, watching the bare trees fly by. “I have trouble keeping up with them all. There’s also a Sarah, right?â€￾

“I thought her name was Helena?â€￾

“No, no, that’s the other one.â€￾

“The blonde,â€￾ Michelle asked. “I thought that was Emma?â€￾

Jourdyn sighed heavily. “Emma is the brunette with Trace now. Sarah is the brunette with Pharrell.â€￾

“So then who’s Helena?â€￾

“She’s the modely blonde chick that’s with Pharrell.â€￾

“Ohhh,â€￾ Michelle giggled. “He’s got two women.â€￾

“For now,â€￾ Jourdyn smiled sarcastically. “And poor Justin’s got none,â€￾ she added sympathetically.

“No, he’s got Paige,â€￾ Michelle quickly replied.

“I could kick you,â€￾ Jourdyn laughed. “But seriously, when are you gonna talk to him?â€￾

“I’ve talked to him.â€￾

“When?â€￾

“Yesterday,â€￾ Michelle retorted. “We talked. We’re cool. We’re friends now.â€￾

“Friends? That’s it?â€￾

“That’s all I have to give right now.â€￾

“Why? Because you think that’s how it’s supposed to go,â€￾ Jourdyn asked in an annoyed manner.

“I just think that’s what’s best right now.â€￾

“You’re so full of sh**,â€￾ Jourdyn said angrily, causing Michelle to almost hit the brakes.

“Say what?â€￾

“Yes, I said you are full of sh**.â€￾

“Take it back,â€￾ Michelle stated sternly.

“Take him back.â€￾

“Jo, I can’t do that.â€￾

“And why is that exactly? You’ve never fully explained to anyone what’s keeping you from him." She bit her lip and continued, "Besides your own foolish pride, I see nothing.â€￾

“It’s not that easy.â€￾

“You keep saying that,â€￾ Jourdyn yelled. “But really, it is. Stop shutting the poor boy out. He made a mistake. He’s not asking you to marry him. Just give him another chance!â€￾

“But what if I get hurt,â€￾ she asked softly.

“Then so be it,â€￾ she countered. “It happens. But you won’t know unless you try.â€￾

“But—“

“I don’t wanna hear any ‘buts’ Michelle. Let go of all that pain and let him light up your life.â€￾

Michelle peered at Jourdyn, absorbing her words. “Sounds to me like you’re the one in love.â€￾

Jourdyn rolled her dark green eyes at the girl next to her. “That couldn’t be further from the truth,â€￾ she replied.

“Uh-huh.â€￾

“Yeah, I love him to death. I’d lay down my life for that boy, but only because he’s my friend. And I’d do anything to see him happy. So don’t make me hurt you girl.â€￾

Michelle laughed at the persistence of her friend. “Thank you for taking this drive with me. Even if you are annoying as hell.â€￾

“I guarantee you it would be more annoying if you were alone,â€￾ she winked, turning her body towards the window. I’m gonna take a nap. Are you gonna be okay?â€￾

“I think I can manage,â€￾ she chuckled. Jourdyn was knocked out in minutes, while Michelle stopped for gas. She pulled Justin’s album from her own CD collection and put it in her CD player with a smile. She whispered to herself, dialing his cell phone number, “I guess I’m gonna have to take it from here J.â€￾</span></span>

:D Hmmmm, that was kinda short. Okay, it goes feedback now... More chapter later. :blowkiss:</span>

Sarah
Supreme Member

Postby Sarah » Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:44 am

<span style='color:deeppink'>:yay: im the first to post feedback on both boards! lol
well i think you know what i think about the whole thing,
they need to get back together, i hope that she's ringing him to tell him this :nod:
update soon hun! :P </span>

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:42 am

I hope she is calling Justin to get back with him as well :P Go jourdyn for getting it into michelles head that her and justin are meant for each other :D

shortie17
Ultra Member

Postby shortie17 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:15 pm

thank god for Jourdyn
Go Michelle :P

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:16 pm

Awww i hope that this phone call is a reconciliation call :nod: i think i spelled that right! lol what would we do without Jourdyn? There wouldn't be anyone to save Michelle and Justin :lol: MORE PLEASE!

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:24 pm

<span style='color:limegreen'>As promised, here's more for you wonderful people. B)

<span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='color:dodgerblue'>Chapter 47

Justin and Sydney greeted one another in the lobby of the Ritz Carlton Hotel, where he’d been in the midst of saying goodbyes to his band mates and other friends, as he was on his way back to Orlando to prepare for the second leg of his UK tour.

“Phareezy, man it’s been fun,â€￾ Justin smiled.

“As always,â€￾ Pharrell replied.

“It was nice meeting you Helena,â€￾ Justin directed to the young girl standing beside Pharrell.

“I’m Sarah,â€￾ she quickly retorted.

“Oh sh**, I’m sorry,â€￾ he grinned softly, offering her a hug.

“It’s quite alright,â€￾ she answered in their embrace. “I hope to see you again soon.â€￾

“Definitely. I’ll be in your area in the next few weeks. We should hook up.â€￾

“Well good then,â€￾ Sarah smiled.

Sydney was getting impatient with his incessant flirting. “J, we have a flight to catch.â€￾

He turned to Sydney, seeing her annoyed expression. “Okay, okay, I just gotta say goodbye to Paige.â€￾ He looked around, seeing she was nowhere to be found. “Where is she?â€￾

“She left after our interview yesterday,â€￾ JC declared.

Justin’s face dropped considerably. “Oh.â€￾

“Justin,â€￾ Syd insisted.

“Okay girl, damn. Let’s go,â€￾ he relented, picking up his backpack. The two of them followed closely behind Justin’s bodyguards. “I’ll catch the rest of you guys later,â€￾ he threw over his shoulder. The remaining group offered waves as they exited through the hotel’s revolving doors.

Justin sighed heavily once he and Sydney were in the back of the car, on their way to LaGuardia Airport.

“What’s wrong?â€￾ Sydney asked, staring sideways at him.

“Nothin’ really.â€￾ He laid his head on her shoulder and closed his eyes. “Did you have fun?â€￾

“Sure, I guess. Not that we did all that much.â€￾

He smiled to himself. “Ready to get back home, huh?â€￾

“Yeah. I’m just not looking forward to starting school again.â€￾

“f*** school. You should come on tour with me.â€￾

“I spent the whole summer on tour with you,â€￾ she chuckled. “I’d rather not do that again.â€￾

“But I’ll be in Europe this time. You’re not gonna wanna miss this,â€￾ he said enticingly.

“Tell ya what. I’ll come out for the first week.â€￾

He scrunched up his nose and licked his lips. “Okay. But you gotta bring Michelle with you.â€￾

“Ha, I’d have an easier time sneaking you into class with me.â€￾

“No, we’re cool now,â€￾ he laughed. “We’re um… friends.â€￾

“Friends, huh?â€￾ She rolled her deep brown eyes at the thought. “That sounds gay.â€￾

“I know right.â€￾

“So, when did y’all come to this decision?â€￾

“Yesterday,â€￾ he answered grimly. “She decided that that’s where we went wrong.â€￾

“You didn’t go wrong,â€￾ Sydney quickly retorted. “You just had a slight obstacle.â€￾

“Well you and I both know that, but she’s stuck on this friends bullsh**.â€￾

“Uh-huh,â€￾ Sydney raised her eyebrows. “So what did you say to that?â€￾

“Well I don’t wanna lose her,â€￾ he answered. “So if I only have choice between that, and nothing, then I choose friendship.â€￾

“Uh-huh.â€￾

“I mean, it’s only temporary,â€￾ he added.

“Yeah, so when she finds a new man, you can baby-sit their kids.â€￾

“Shut up.â€￾

“I’m serious J. It’s time you start calling some shots. Tell her it’s all or nothing. You can’t be expected to sit around and wait for her to come to her senses.â€￾

“Nah, I can’t do that,â€￾ he said thoughtfully. “If I give her an ultimatum, then she’ll run away.â€￾

“Maybe,â€￾ Sydney responded. “Maybe not.â€￾ She rested her cheek on his head. “You should call her.â€￾

“I will,â€￾ he answered groggily.

“I mean right now.â€￾

He sat up, searching his pockets for his cell phone. “Oh crap, I packed my phone in my bag,â€￾ he realized.

“Damn,â€￾ Syd hissed. “I packed mine too.â€￾

“I doubt that she wants to talk to me anyway. Maybe I’ll call her in a few days, before we leave for England.â€￾

“Yeah, I guess she’ll want a little time to breathe. Give her a call in a couple of days and see where things are.â€￾

“Yeah, a couple of days should be good,â€￾ he replied, drifting into sleep.

They arrived at the airport and rushed straight to the runway, where Justin’s private jet sat, awaiting their arrival, for immediate departure. He and Sydney sat together, continuing their conversation. She leaned against the plane window, fighting sleep, while Justin lifted the armrest between them and wrapped his arm around her small waist, clutching her as his personal pillow.

“Why do fools fall in love?â€￾ Justin suddenly asked.

Sydney smiled at his question. “I dunno J. Maybe the smart people know not to get caught up like that.â€￾

“Maybe so,â€￾ he chortled. “You’d think that I’d know better by now. But man… The very first time I saw her brown eyes, her lips said hello and I said hi,â€￾ he sang jokingly.

“And right then you knew she was the one,â€￾ Sydney continued with a laugh.

“I really do love that girl,â€￾ he finally declared.

“I know you do,â€￾ she replied softly.

“You know what? I think that when all this is over, we’re gonna be together forever.â€￾

She giggled at his boyish dream. “I’m glad I have someone like you in my life.â€￾

“What do you mean ‘someone like me?’â€￾

“Some that believes in forever.â€￾

“You don’t?â€￾ he asked in disbelief.

“I dunno. I’m just glad that you do.â€￾

“Why?â€￾

“Because,â€￾ she began, “People with that kind of hope exhibit their optimism in everything they do. And to be honest, after Britney, I thought you were done for.â€￾ He laughed lightly, remembering how broken he was when they split up. “I didn’t think you’d ever recover,â€￾ she furthered.

“Well honestly, I didn’t think I would either. But Michelle added something to my life that’s been missing for a while.â€￾

“I noticed,â€￾ Sydney stated, glancing at him from the corner of her eye. “What was it?’

“I’m not sure exactly. Everything about her just makes me happy. When we’re together, the world doesn’t matter. We don’t need words. I can feel the love in her touch. Her eyes say it all. Her kiss makes my knees weak. Her scent wraps me in a fantasy. Her voice sends shivers down my spine.â€￾ He sighed in amusement. “One smile, and she got me.â€￾</span></span>

:D Pretty cheesy huh? I guess that didn't do much for furthering the story, but I'd still like your thoughts. :lol: </span>

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:31 pm

:D I was smiling through most of that chapter, it was really nice :P (wahoo paige has gone :lol:)
“I’m not sure exactly. Everything about her just makes me happy. When we’re together, the world doesn’t matter. We don’t need words. I can feel the love in her touch. Her eyes say it all. Her kiss makes my knees weak. Her scent wraps me in a fantasy. Her voice sends shivers down my spine.â€￾ He sighed in amusement. “One smile, and she got me.â€￾

:wub: that was soo sweet, great chapter as usual Ash :P

Sarah
Supreme Member

Postby Sarah » Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:44 pm

aww Justin forgot my name! lol but :yay: he said we should hang out! lol
great chapter ash!
update soon!

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:05 pm

Justin mixed Paige and Helena up :rofl: Thats funny!

But oh no he left his cell in his bag and Michelle was gonna call him and now hes not gonna get the call and oh no....but that chapter was soo sweet! :wub: MORE PLEASE!

shortie17
Ultra Member

Postby shortie17 » Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:15 pm

that was a cute chapter
MORE PLEASE

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:39 pm

<span style='color:purple'>Awww...that was cheesy but great!! If only... :rolleyes: </span>

KrazyK
Advanced Member

Postby KrazyK » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:04 am

Umm... UPDATE please? :D :blowkiss:

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:01 pm

You made me do it ... now I'm over here begging for an update. Please! :nod:

:pray: :please:

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:54 pm

i'm baaaaaccckkkk! and man those were some great chapters to come home to! although i hope j doesnt issue any ultimatums after the sh** he pulled with paige! more more more please!

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:37 pm

<span style='color:limegreen'>I love you guys so much, it's just unreal. Thank you so much for sticking with me throughout my lack of updating and just being a lazy little bum. :lol: But now that Angel is back from her trip and Abs has harnessed it's chi, we may now continue. :nod:

Okay, enough of my rambling. Y'all might be just a little pissed at me for this one. Maybe not. But f*** it, I like it :P. *NJoy!

<span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='color:dodgerblue'>Chapter 48

The days went by, but things didn’t get better. Michelle never got in touch with Justin the day she called him on she and Jourdyn’s drive to Orlando. She figured he wasn’t quite ready to handle the “friendâ€￾ thing and opted not to push him into anything yet. Soon thereafter, she knew he was on his way to Europe, so she indulged herself in work and preparing for her last semester of school.

Justin headed back to England for another leg of his Justified Tour, this time, with Jourdyn and Sydney at his side. He tried calling Michelle once before he left, receiving no answer at her apartment or her cell phone. He chalked it up to the fact that she was probably ignoring him, so he moved on with a heavy heart and prayed that things would work out the way they were supposed to.

Justin, Sydney and Jourdyn, amongst a throng of dancers, the band, and crewmembers, sat on and around the stage at London’s famous Earl’s Court, awaiting instructions from the tour manager about the upcoming evening. Justin swung his legs animatedly across the front of the stage, barely listening to what was being said. He was tired, frustrated, and unwilling to concentrate on work.

A small crowd of people then entered the arena, and Justin hopped up from his seat, and headed backstage momentarily. He was relieved when sound check finally began, only because it signified that dinner was approaching. While he sang lazily to the diminutive audience, he unnoticeably and playfully winked and smiled at his two friends as they sat in the front row, dancing in their chairs in a desperate attempt to bring a genuine smile to Justin’s face.

“So uh,â€￾ Justin infamously started, sauntering across the stage. He looked into the audience, winking at random spots in front of him. “Now here comes the good part,â€￾ he grinned widely. “Y’all know everything there is to know about me. I wanna get to know you guys a little bit better. So who wants to share?â€￾ he inquired loudly.

Before any hands could go up, he headed towards the edge of the catwalk and picked out a girl that appeared to be very young, but her face was covered by a hat. “What’s your name, sweetheart?â€￾

The girl looked up timidly and grinned, causing Justin to smile wildly with her. “Maxwell. Paige Maxwell.â€￾

There was a light gasp through the murmur of the audience. Jourdyn turned sharply at the sound of her voice, while Sydney rolled her eyes dramatically. “What’s she doing here,â€￾ they said to one another simultaneously.

“It’s good to see you, girl,â€￾ Justin chuckled. “Y’all may not know this,â€￾ he directed to the audience with a sarcastic laugh, “But me and Paige here are good friends. And she just happened to leave me hangin’ in New York.â€￾ He stooped down to pull her into a quick embrace. “I’m glad you could make it.â€￾

She bit her bottom lip nervously. “I am as well, Timberlake.â€￾

He gave her a wink and moved back towards the main part of the stage, holding the mic close to his lips. “So, moving right along,â€￾ he started. Suddenly, a girl in the front row with a fairly large sign began screaming Justin’s name frantically. “Why are you yelling at me,â€￾ he playfully questioned.

“It’s me birthday,â€￾ she hollered back.

“It’s your birthday?â€￾ He feigned a hostile attitude. “So?â€￾

She was grinning from ear to ear, having a conversation with The Justin Timberlake. “So, I wanted to tell you.â€￾

“Well happy birthday,â€￾ he mocked her. “How old are you?â€￾

“Sixteen!â€￾

“Sixteen? You’re lying.â€￾

“No, I’m not,â€￾ she exclaimed.

“You don’t look a day over thirteen, baby.â€￾ The audience laughed, as he chuckled. “Nah, I’m just kidding. Happy birthday sweetheart.â€￾

“Thank you!â€￾

“What’s your name?â€￾

“Claire!â€￾ she responded happily.

â€￾Okay, on the count of three, everyone say ‘Happy Birthday’ to Claire,â€￾ he instructed the audience.

Sound check ended and Justin pulled Paige backstage with the rest of the crew for group dinner. However, he made it a point to spend some quality time with her before the show… alone.

“I’m glad you’re here,â€￾ he smiled, plopping onto the couch of his dressing room. He was inches from Paige’s lap when he dropped his head to the seating and let his legs dangle across the armrest.

“You said that already,â€￾ she giggled.

“Well then,â€￾ he considered, “That just shows you I really mean it.â€￾

“So, what is it that you’d like to do while I’m here?â€￾

He gave her a flirtatious wink and eyed the shirt she was wearing that affectionately read, ‘The Twins.’

“Put your eyes back in your head, Timberlake.â€￾ She elbowed the top of his head and laughed. “Why don’t we see what’s on the telly?â€￾

“Yes, let’s see what’s on the telly,â€￾ he imitated her British accent.

“You’re such an idiot.â€￾

“That’s why I’m so damn loveable.â€￾ He inched further up the couch until his head rested on her right thigh.

“I don’t love you.â€￾

“Oh yes you do,â€￾ he drawled. “You love me more than Dior.â€￾

“You wish!â€￾

“I know.â€￾ He eyed her as best he could, which was rather difficult at the given angle. But nonetheless, the Timberlake stare was in full gear. “Can I ask you a question?â€￾

“Okay,â€￾ she answered skeptically.

“Why’d you have sex with me?â€￾

“If I remember correctly, you’re the one that seduced me that evening.â€￾

He rolled his eyes briefly, nestling further into the couch so that he could see her face better. “But why’d you like… give in?â€￾

“I was pissed. I don’t really know,â€￾ she lied. “Why?â€￾

He shrugged nonchalantly. “I dunno, just asking I guess.â€￾ He turned towards the television to find himself plastered across it, on the famed European show Top of the Pops.

“Can I ask you a question,â€￾ she suddenly interrupted his TV spiel.

“Shoot,â€￾ he casually replied.

“Erm… what?â€￾

“Go ahead,â€￾ he chuckled.

“Why am I here?â€￾

“I think you’d know that better than I would.â€￾

She agitatedly brushed a few strands of her blonde hair behind her ear. “Okay, why are you glad I’m here?â€￾

“Who said I was glad you were here?â€￾ He pulled up from his lazy position and the couch and sat upright, unwilling to look at her.

“You did. About 20 times, I might add.â€￾

“Well I’m not allowed to be glad to see my friend?â€￾

“If that’s all it is, it’s well good then.â€￾

“What do you mean ‘if that’s all it is?’â€￾

She waved a dismissive hand and offered him a fake grin. “Nothing.â€￾

“Well okay then.â€￾ He tilted his head towards her shoulder, but was cautious not to touch her.

“Justin?â€￾

“What?â€￾

“What’s going on with you and Michelle?â€￾

“Why is that any of your business?â€￾

“Well it’s not really,â€￾ she passively conceded. “I just thought I’d ask.â€￾

“Well if you must know,â€￾ he scoffed, “We’re just friends now.â€￾

“Oh.â€￾

“Yeah,â€￾ he stated softly.

“So how do you feel about that?â€￾

“About what,â€￾ he snapped.

“About just being mates.â€￾

“I dunno. It sucks, I guess.â€￾

“I’m sorry,â€￾ she gently patted his thigh. “If it helps any—“

“Look Michelle, I really don’t wanna talk about this,â€￾ he said quickly.

She abruptly pulled her hand from his vicinity. “What?â€￾

“I said I don’t wanna talk about this.â€￾

“No.â€￾

“Yes,â€￾ he dragged the word out.

“No, what did you call me?â€￾

“Paige, what are you talking about?â€￾

“You just called me Michelle.â€￾

He laughed nervously. “No I didn’t.â€￾

“Yes, you did.â€￾

“No, I didn’t,â€￾ he insisted.

“Yes, you did.â€￾

“Well,â€￾ he began hesitantly, “Sorry.â€￾ She smirked, and unexpectedly started to gather her things. “What are you doing,â€￾ he asked in more imperativeness than general inquiry.

“I think I should go,â€￾ she stated sadly.

“Why?â€￾

She chuckled sarcastically. “It’s well obvious who and what’s on your mind. And I blatantly ain’t.â€￾

“Paige, I’m sorry.â€￾

“I am, as well.â€￾

“You don’t have to go though.â€￾

“Actually, I do.â€￾

“Paige—“

“Good luck with your show tonight.â€￾

“Paige—“

“Good luck with your life.â€￾

“Pa—.“ Before he could even finish getting her name out, she gave him a friendly peck on his unwitting lips.

“Justin?â€￾

“Paige?â€￾

“Go home.â€￾ With that, she walked through his dressing room door and right out of his life.</span></span>

Just so y'all know I mean business, a nickel for your thoughts... :D</span>

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:55 am

<span style='color:purple'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>GO BACK HOME DAMN IT!!!!!!!</span></span>

<_<

KrazyK
Advanced Member

Postby KrazyK » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:34 am

:lol: ^What she said! I suddenly got the urge to watch the Justified Tour :lol:. Great chapter m'lady. I loved the birthday thing. It was even funnier the second time around. Now... gimme some mo'! :D

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:55 am

BabyBlue2578 wrote: But now that Angel is back from her trip and Abs has harnessed it's chi, we may now continue. :nod:

awwww i help harness the abs chi?!? i :wub: you guys!

well as per justin and paige- ok first of all what the hell was he thinking inviting her there! i mean seriously did he think that his two watchdogs jord and syd were really going to let that happen?!? oh and was that a freudian slip or what calling her michelle! she is right though... JUSTIN GO HOME!!!!

Sarah
Supreme Member

Postby Sarah » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:41 am

:yay: we got an update!!
but they need to get back together goddammit!! :lol:
lol,great chapter hun
update soon!

shortie17
Ultra Member

Postby shortie17 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:43 pm

great chapter :D
update soon

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:52 pm

Paige :no: I was freakin out seriously I was like what the h*ll does she think that shes doing there??? But then she left so i was happy :lol:

And the whole birthday thing :rofl: I can actually see Justin doing that :nod: :lol: He'd be like and that makes you special why? :lol: oh boy

I must say tho my fav part was when he called Paige Michelle i was like YES! lol

MORE PLEASE

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:38 pm

<span style='color:limegreen'>Aww thanks for the feedback. Y'all are beautiful in every single wayyyy. :D Okay, this might kinda suck cuz I'm in a bad mood today and I had to get to 24. :lol:

It's funny you say that Heather, cuz the birthday thing actually did happen at his show in Memphis last summer. :rofl: But anyway, here goes...

<span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='color:dodgerblue'>Chapter 49

Two weeks later, Justin was finally on the return to Orlando. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to leave sooner, but work prevented that from happening. But instead of upsetting himself over it, he enjoyed the remainder of his tour and hoped that Michelle was enjoying herself as well, wherever she was at the time.

It was approaching noon when he arrived back at his Orlando mansion for the first time in what seemed like years. He assumed his mother had recently been there, for he was happily surprised to find his house clean and a pile of mail stacked neatly on his kitchen counter. He sifted through it carelessly, making sure to throw anything that resembled a bill to the side.

As he came across an envelope with Michelle’s return address, his cell phone vibrated aggressively in his pocket. Startled, he pulled the phone from his baggy gray sweatpants, and answered animatedly.

“Hey boy.â€￾

“Hey you,â€￾ he smiled.

“How come you didn’t tell us you were back,â€￾ Jourdyn spoke loudly into the phone.

“I just walked in the house,â€￾ he retorted.

“You usually call from the airport,â€￾ she huffed.

He chuckled. “What do you want, crack ass?â€￾

“To see what you’re doing.â€￾

“At the moment, nothing.â€￾ He dropped the envelope in his hand and slowly paced from the kitchen towards his bedroom. “Why?â€￾

“Wanna do me a favor?â€￾

“Does it involve me leaving my house,â€￾ he inquired with agitation. He sunk onto his oversized bed and sighed.

“Don’t be a lazy ass,â€￾ she laughed.

“Well let’s see how unlazy you are after touring England for 3 weeks.â€￾

“Whatever,â€￾ she drawled. “I did it for a week and I’m just fine.â€￾

“Yeah, and you’ve been sitting at home on your ass for two weeks since then.â€￾

“Semantics,â€￾ she smirked.

“So what do I have to do?â€￾

“Come with me to the mall?â€￾

“Jo,â€￾ he started.

“Before you say no—“

“No.â€￾

“Justin!â€￾

“Where’s Syd,â€￾ he suddenly asked.

“I dunno. At school I guess.â€￾

“She never has Friday classes,â€￾ he countered.

“Well she had no choice this semester. It’s a required course for graduation.â€￾

“That’s f***ed,â€￾ he chuckled.

“Yeah,â€￾ Jourdyn trailed off. “So come with me to the mall!â€￾

“Jo, I’m really not in the mood today. Can’t you take someone else?â€￾

“But I need you to go…â€￾

“Why!â€￾ he yelled louder than his intent.

“So, I can get you your birthday gift.â€￾

“You’re such a liar,â€￾ he laughed sarcastically.

“I’m serious boy. You have to try it on before I pay for it.â€￾

“Oh, hell no. You didn’t say I had to do all that sh**,â€￾ he whined.

“Okay then, no birthday present for you.â€￾

He sighed loudly before there was a loud beep resounding in his ear. “Jo, hold on a sec.â€￾

“Hurry up.â€￾

He clicked over to hear his manager’s voice on the other end. “Justin, I have Janet on the line for you.â€￾

“Klienbaum?â€￾ he scowled in confusion. “Why didn’t she just—“

“Jackson,â€￾ Johnny interrupted.

Justin’s fingers shook against the phone at the mere mention of her name. “Okay, hold on just a sec.â€￾ He clicked over excitedly. “Jo!â€￾

“Yeah?â€￾

“I’ll call you back! I got Janet on the other line.â€￾

“Klienbaum?â€￾ she asked in the same manner he had previously. “Why can’t you just—“

“Jackson!â€￾

“I’m on my way over,â€￾ she cooed.

By the time he’d finished his conversation with Janet Jackson, Jourdyn was seated comfortably on Justin’s bedroom floor, eyeing his plethora of shoes. He turned to her with a tired smile.

“What’d she want?â€￾

“Ready to go,â€￾ he asked.

She hopped up from the floor. “Yup.â€￾

“She wants me to do the SuperBowl with her.â€￾

“Liar.â€￾

“I’m dead ass serious,â€￾ he maintained.

Jourdyn walked towards her light blue SUV while Justin headed for his silver Audi TT. “So are you gonna do it,â€￾ she yelled across the driveway.

“I don’t want to,â€￾ he confessed.

“Good,â€￾ she subconsciously replied, hopping into her car. She was thankful that it wouldn’t ruin his surprise party the next day.

He pulled his cell phone back from his pocket and quickly dialed Jourdyn’s number as the two of them retreated from his driveway. “Why’s that good,â€￾ he questioned as soon as he heard her pick up.

“I dunno. You just seem to need some rest.â€￾

“Oh.â€￾ She was inches ahead of him when he spoke again. “We leave for Houston tonight at 8.â€￾

Jourdyn hit her brakes abruptly, causing Justin to do the same. “For what!â€￾ she yelled into the phone.

“Girl, you better be lucky I’m a good driver.â€￾

“What are we going to Houston for?â€￾

“The SuperBowl,â€￾ he said softly. “Is that okay?â€￾

“I guess,â€￾ she finally replied, running through her mind all the surprises for him that would be potentially ruined, including Michelle showing up at his party. “I thought you said you didn’t wanna do it.â€￾

“I don’t. But dude, it’s Janet.â€￾

“Miss Jackson if you’re nasty,â€￾ she half smiled, wondering how she was going to break the news to Sydney.

He let a chuckle linger in the air, as they drove the short distance to the mall. “So what do you have planned for tomorrow,â€￾ she asked, pulling into a parking spot in front of Neiman Marcus.

He pulled up adjacent to her. “What do you mean?â€￾

“Is tomorrow not your 23rd birthday Mr. Timberlake?â€￾ She climbed from her car, playfully grabbing hold of his arm when he approached her door.

Justin pulled his black visor beanie low over his curls. “I dunno. It’s SuperBowl weekend in Houston. I’m sure we’ll find something to do.â€￾

She stared at his face intently, with slight annoyance. “You know what you need to do?â€￾

“What’s that,â€￾ he asked, holding the door open for his friend and two older women behind them.

She turned towards him, affectionately slapping his face. “Shave, you hairy bastard,â€￾ she laughed.

They were walking briskly through the department store towards the main area of the mall. “Nope,â€￾ he retorted.

“Justin, you look like some kind of mountain man,â€￾ she insisted, referring to the thick hair that had now graced his face. “It’s not sexy.â€￾

“I don’t care. I’m not shaving until I win a Grammy.â€￾

“What! What if you never win one,â€￾ she whined.

“Gee, thanks for the vote of confidence.â€￾

“Justin, if you wait til next week to shave, you’ll look like a snowbeast.â€￾

“Shut up trick.â€￾

She laughed again. “But seriously…â€￾

“Okay. How about when I get Michelle back?â€￾

“You plan on doing that before next week?â€￾

“Hopefully.â€￾

“Uh-huh.â€￾

“Then I’ll shave,â€￾ he smiled.

Jourdyn sighed exasperatedly. “Y’all need to get together today then.â€￾

Just as her name was mentioned, the duo was passing by Abercrombie & Fitch. There she was, almost identical to when he first laid eyes on her. Standing in the doorway of the stock room with a pile of clothes. Everything that he'd felt from day one suddenly came rushing back to him and at that moment, time stood still.</span></span>

Feeeeeeedback puhleeeease? :blowkiss: </span>

shortie17
Ultra Member

Postby shortie17 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:32 pm

this just keeps getting better and better
more soon

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:28 am

<span style='color:purple'>YAY...go get her J!!</span>

AngelOfMusic
Abstracts Royalty

Postby AngelOfMusic » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:53 am

dont do it!!!! dont do the superbowl you dont know what is headed your way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh man now i cant wait to see what happens!!

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:17 pm

Did Justin really say that to a fan in the crowd Ash :lol:
Oh no he cant do the superbowel, thats not fair on Syd and Jourdyn :( he has to go to his party :P
Justin needs to go into a&f to talk to Michelle

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:06 pm

OMG Justin really did that :rofl: thats soo sad....I know his personaltity so well I know what he would and wouldn't do...this is sad :no: :lol:

I loved that chapter tho! Oh man now their plans are all messed up but if I know Jo and Sydney they will think of something...they are master planners like me :lol: and thats not always a bad thing either

But the superbowl...don't do it Justin don't do it! You're gonna get so much flack from the media...ahhh MORE PLEASE!

KrazyK
Advanced Member

Postby KrazyK » Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:59 pm

:lol: Ah, the birthday thing. It was so funny 'cause he was doing his little talk right before Still On My Brain and this girl was yelling hysterically and he just stops midsentence to have a little conversation with her. :lol: Good stuff.... Anyway, great chapter Ash. I'm mad at him for taking Janet's offer, but of course that's in real life too. :lol: Superbowl <_< That was the beginning of the end. At least Justin and Michelle are headed for reconciliation!

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:36 pm

<span style='color:limegreen'>:wub: Thanks guys for being such wonderful readers. Y'all are probably gonna hate me for this one, but um, yeah let me know what ya think. Next chapter starts now…</span>

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:times'><span style='color:dodgerblue'>Chapter 50

Michelle had been working since early that morning and she wasn’t exactly as sharp as she would like to have been, but when she spotted the familiar frame sauntering past her store, there was no mistaking who it was.

She quickly headed for the phone and dialed Jourdyn’s cell phone number, praying that she’d pick up without revealing to Justin who was calling.

Not recognizing the store number, Jourdyn answered cautiously. “Hello?â€￾

“Jourdyn, hey. It’s Michelle.â€￾

“Hey gi--.â€￾

“Shhhhhh,â€￾ Michelle suddenly hissed at her.

Jourdyn lowered her voice to a whisper, causing a perplexed stare from Justin. “Sorry. Hey girl.â€￾

“Hey, can you get away from Justin for a minute?â€￾

Jourdyn turned around in confusion, bewildered as to how Michelle could possibly know she was with him. “Where are you?â€￾

“At work, dumb ass. Stop looking around like that,â€￾ she laughed.

Jourdyn signaled to Justin that she was heading towards the bathroom, and moved quickly as she spoke, no longer whispering. “Damn girl, you are always workin’ somewhere.â€￾

“Shut up.â€￾

“So what’s up, hun?â€￾

“I wanna do it today.â€￾

A wide smile slowly adorned Jourdyn’s face as she leaned against the tile wall of the entrance to the bathroom. “Really,â€￾ she shrieked.

“Yeah.â€￾

“Wow. So okay, what’s the plan?â€￾

“Umm,â€￾ she looked around calculatingly. “Which one of y’all drove?â€￾

“We both did.â€￾

“Perfect,â€￾ Michelle exclaimed.

“What’s perfect?â€￾

“Okay Jo, all I need you to do is call me when you’re on your way out the door.â€￾

“What? Why?â€￾ Jourdyn hated to be left out of the loop. “What are you gonna do?â€￾

“Just do it.â€￾

“Okay,â€￾ she relented. “We should be done soon. Like right after we run to Foot Locker.â€￾

“Alright Jo, thanks so much.â€￾ Michelle hung up the phone, giddy with excitement. She was ready to get her man back, and nothing was going to stop her.

Jourdyn retreated from the bathroom beaming, sending Justin’s senses in a tailspin. “What are you up to,â€￾ he suspiciously asked her.

She laughed at how well he knew her. “Well if you consider peeing to be a crime, then I’ve been in on some illegal activity.â€￾ She nudged his arm with her elbow, hoping he’d leave the subject alone.

“You’re a dork.â€￾

“I learned from you,â€￾ she winked.

“So where’s my birthday gift?â€￾

“You’re so impatient that it’s like, not even funny.â€￾

“Like really?â€￾ he mocked her as she pulled him towards Foot Locker.

They laughed their way to the store, and soon, they were on their way out of the mall as quickly as they’d come. Jourdyn piled into her car, and as instructed, called Michelle to inform her that they were leaving.

Justin, who had been putting bags in his trunk, couldn’t help but wonder what his friend was plotting amid her numerous secretive phone calls. He wishfully thought that maybe she had been talking to Michelle, regretful that he hadn’t stopped in Abercrombie & Fitch to see how she was doing. However, he had been too tired to handle another rejection at that point and vowed to try again when he returned from Houston.

“What time do we meet you tonight,â€￾ Jourdyn inquired, interrupting his thoughts.

“Huh?â€￾

“What time should we be at the airport?â€￾

“Umm, 7:00 is good I guess,â€￾ he answered, opening the door to his car.

“We’ll be back by Monday, right?â€￾

He hopped into his car. “Of course,â€￾ he yelled.

“Later.â€￾

The two drove off in their separate directions, Jourdyn back to her apartment to pack, and Justin was exhaustedly headed for his own house, in hopes of finding a quick nap before his busy weekend commenced. However, when he halted at a stop sign as he exited the mall, and a driver behind him unexpectedly struck his car, he knew that wasn’t going to be possible.

I am ready for love

A frustrated frown quickly spread across his face, and he rubbed his weary eyes. He lifted his hat from his crown to massage his forehead. “You’ve gotta be f***ing kidding me,â€￾ he said to himself. He thought about blowing off the accident and driving off, but it wouldn’t be the most constructive thing to do. He simply let his head fall to the window and covered his eyes in fatigue.

Why are you hiding from me?

The person in the car behind him honked obnoxiously as if it were his fault. He rolled his window down, extending his arm and letting his middle finger protrude amongst his other fingers momentarily, until his cell phone vibrated. He chose to ignore it and roll his window back up. Still frustrated and completely drained, he rested his head on the steering wheel and let a million thoughts run through his head. Minutes later, his phone alerted him again, and he picked up without hesitation, not even lifting his head to glance at the Caller ID.

“What?â€￾ he barked into the phone.

“Hi,â€￾ a voice said awkwardly.

I’d quickly give my freedom
To be held in your captivity

Justin rolled his eyes exaggeratedly, not in the mood to play games. “Who is this and what the f*** do you want?â€￾

I am ready for love
All of the joy and the pain

“Well first of all, you might wanna calm down.â€￾

And all the time that it takes

“What do you want?â€￾ he yelled.

Just to stay in your good grace

“Stop sulking and look up b****,â€￾ the voice giggled.

He raised his head slowly and his dark blue eyes, which had been filled with pain and fatigue, infused with Michelle’s light brown and he would’ve sworn that sparks flew. He apprehensively bit at his bottom lip shaking his head in disbelief as he watched Michelle turn around and hop on the hood of his car.

Lately, I’ve been thinkin’ maybe you’re not ready for me
Maybe you think I need to learn maturity

“What do you think you’re doing,â€￾ he finally asked with a laugh.

They say watch what you ask for, ‘cause you might receive
But if you ask me tomorrow, I’ll say the same thing
I am ready for love

“I’m getting you back.â€￾

He turned around to see her black Honda Civic sitting mere inches from the back of his own car. “Now you know I just got that damn car fixed,â€￾ he smiled.

“Well,â€￾ she turned back to him and the car and winked at him. “Payback’s a b****, ain’t it?â€￾

“So that’s the only way you intend to get me back,â€￾ he asked hopefully.

Would you please lend me your ear?
I promise I won’t complain

“So you’re just gonna let me sit out here on your car like you don’t see me?â€￾ she ignored his question.

I just need you to acknowledge I am here

He slowly retreated from his car, wary of whether this was real, or if he had been imagining it all in his head. He was too tired to even be able to decipher fantasy from reality, but one thing he did know was that he wouldn’t be able to take another disappointment.

“What are you up to,â€￾ he inquired, still beaming.

She hopped off of his car and pulled him towards her into a hug.

If you give me half a chance, I’ll prove this to you
I will be patient, kind, faithful, and true
To a man who loves music, a man who loves art
Respects the spirit world, and thinks with his heart

“I love you,â€￾ she finally declared. “No bullsh**. No if's, and's, or but's.â€￾ She looked up at him and smiled expectantly, realizing how much she’d missed his face. “Even with this beard.â€￾

He rolled his eyes playfully. “I love you too.â€￾

I am ready for love
If you’ll take me in your hands

“I want this to work. I don’t want jealousy, or pride, or ex-boyfriends, and British whores - I don’t want anything to come between us Justin.â€￾

He draped his arm around her shoulder and leaned against his car with her, nodding. “It’s gonna be hard,â€￾ he admitted. “There will be times when you wanna slap the sh** outta me. And I’ll wanna throw your ass down the stairs or something.â€￾

“You bastard!â€￾ she laughed.

He flashed his famous million-dollar grin, shining as bright as the first day they met, even behind the facial hair. “But seriously.â€￾

“I know, I know,â€￾ she trailed off. “But someone wise once told me that love can overcome anything. And that when I look in your eyes and I can just feel how much you love me, then it’s real.â€￾ She tilted her head to the sky and closed her eyes as if her words were coming to her in a dream. “And he told me that we’re gonna be all right.â€￾

I will learn what you teach
And do the best that I can

He leaned down in an attempt to kiss her because of the mere fact that he’d missed the touch of her lips on his own. It had been way too long. But before he could make it to her face, she stopped him. “What,â€￾ he asked, puzzled.

“You are not touching my lips with that hillbilly beard.â€￾

“Michelle,â€￾ he whined.

“Justin,â€￾ she drawled, mocking him.

“Come on baby. You know you want this,â€￾ he joked.

She wrinkled up her nose and grinned before throwing her lips over his. He closed his eyes and effortlessly slid his tongue into her mouth, contented to taste her lips again for the first time in a long time. Michelle giggled into his mouth at the tickle of his beard on her face.

I am ready for love
Here with an offering of
My voice, my eyes, my soul, my mind

She pinched his cheeks teasingly, shaking her head. “I want this gone,â€￾ she proclaimed, referring to his fuzz. “When are you gonna shave?â€￾

He turned around, looking at the two cars sitting at their favorite stop sign. He chuckled and affectionately kissed her temple where her curly brown hair swayed in the light wind. “When you pay for my car to be fixed.â€￾

She giggled as she twisted her head to view the mess she’d just caused and suddenly dug into her pocket to offer him a dollar. “You know I got you.â€￾

Tell me what is enough to prove I am ready for love?

The End</span></span></span>

<span style='color:limegreen'> :unsure: For real this time. BUT there's an Epilogue coming soon! So don't kill me yet. :ph34r: </span>

Return to “Fan Fiction”