Never Mine

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Sun May 02, 2004 6:32 pm

Uhh...I started writing this, & I don't know. It's not really great, but I thought I should post it since I took the time to write it. I still have a lot of it to finish, but here goes..

Never Mine

What's so crazy about life is that you never know what's going to happen, and how things will turn out. Sometimes you'll walk into a coffee shop, and just expect to get your usual coffee but some idiot makes a mistake and gives you too much creme. Sometimes you'll meet a guy who seems so incredible, but on the date he's a complete jerkface. Sometimes you expect things to just be horrible, but they turn out great. Is it irony, or is just life.

I could hear the alarm banging on my brain, I had barely gotten any sleep last night. I shut off the alarm, and put my head back on my pillow. I could just feel her presence the minute she walked into my room. Then her I heard her motherly voice, "get up, hunny. time for school." I grumbled, and covered myself with my blanket. She nudged me a couple of times, and then I finally gave up.
"Fine, you win."
"I know dear, I always do." She smiled.
I tried to find something to wear from my pile of clothes, tee-shirt and jeans, comfortable is the way to go.
"You're such a mess you know that." She started to pick up my clothes, and folded them. "I need to teach you how to be more organized."
I grabbed the shirt she was folding and dropped it on the floor. "No, this is how organized I am." She gave me a look, and I smiled back. "We're totally different people, how we ended up being the best of friends I have no clue."
"It's cause we balance each other out. I'm the hot organized babe, and you're the messy, always late chick."
I laughed, "You hot? haha. If you're hot, then what am I."
"Cold?"
"b****."
"Thank you I try."

I finally got myself ready for class, and walked out of the dorm. It was just like every other day. I make it sound so boring, right? But it isn't. College life is exciting, its an adventure. I guess being there for 2 years already, I've experienced a lot.

I walk into my journalism class, head down. Professor Richman is so going to kill me, I feel his stares right down my neck.

"Miss Shah, nice of you to come."
"Uh no problem, Professor Richman."
"You know that you've been late almost every day this semester."
"Yes I am sorry sir."
He nods his head, I hate when he nods his head. He's going to fail me, I know it. "One more time, and you won't pass this class Marisa. Do we have an understanding?" Told you.
"Yes sir."
All the other kids in class hiss, I try to act nonchalant. Katie Wilson sits behind me, and whispers sh** to her other friends.
"I'm not deaf." I tell her back, and she shuts up.

Next, creative writing II. I never missed one day of this class all semester. It was my most favorite, and I was never late either. Professor Clarkson was a great teacher, its as if he knew me so well and we just clicked. I always tried to take one of his classes each semester.

"Alright I have an assignment for you guys today." I heard other kids moan, but a smile grew on my face. "I want you guys to do research." And my smile faded.
"Why research?" I declared. Creative writing doesn't involve research papers, at least thats what I think.
"no not like a research paper, but I want you guys to dig deep. I want you to find a core in something to write about. This is something that has to be researched, and found. Maybe research isn't the correct word, investigate is a better term? You guys don't have to be detectives, I don't expect you to figure out some huge mystery but I want something that requires work." Ew, the W word. I never liked that word. Writing was never work for me, but this seemed like work for sure. I still was a loss what Clarkson was trying to say. It was so vague to me.

After creative writing, I had to go see my advisors. She suggested I do some interning this year. I was pretty excited about that. I had no idea what I would intern for. I lived in New York City, so the possibilities were endless. I decided to apply for internship with the New York Times, and a few other places.
"Ok so New York Times is your first choice. Is there anything else you want to apply for? I think you should try for MTV."
"MTV, but thats so hard to get internship for."
"There are a lot of kids on the list, but I think you should still apply. You never know, they might pick you."
"Okay sure."

It wasn't a big deal to me where I worked because all the places I applied for seemed cool. After a few weeks passed I got the phone call.
"Is Marisa Shah there?"
"This is her."
"Hi, this is Melissa from MTV studios."
"Oh hi." Was this a rejection call?
"We've decided to accept your internship for MTV. You begin tomorrow, be here by 9 o'clock."
"What?"
"You have to come here at 9'oclock."
"At MTV?"
"That's just what I said."
"So I got the internship?"
"Uh yes."
"Omg, thank you. Yeah I'll be there."

I was completely bent after that phone call. I was so excited, I jumped on my bed and kicked my feet in the air. Then I realized I wouldn't really be doing much but handing out coffee. Isn't that what interns do? I didn't care though, I was going to work at mtv.

"What just happened?" my roommate walked in.
"Chelesa, I got it! I got the internship!"
"To New York Times? that's awesome!"
"No to MTV!"
And then I saw her face sank, she just stood there sad. Chelesa was majoring in television and film. She applied for the MTV internship too. Me and my big mouth.
"That's great." She barely let out.
"Oh, you applied too didn't you?"
"Yeah but its not big deal. I'm glad you got it."
"You sure."
"yeah, of course."
I felt bad, I didn't know what to feel. She was my best friend, and a part of me hated for accepting the internship.

The next day I walked into the studio, I was actually on time. It was exciting to walk into a place where so many famous people have been. I felt like a little kid walking into a candy store. This is ridiculous I told myself. I'm grown adult, I need to act mature. Then I saw one of the mtv hosts, I couldn't help myself I giggled when he walked by. I thought he'd stop me and say "What's so funny?"
But he smiled, and shook my hand. I felt so out of place.
"Hi are you the new intern?"
"Yup, that would be me."
"I'm sure you'll fit right at home. I'm Quddus by the way if you didn't know."
"Yeah I know, I've watched TRL a couple of times."
"Ok cool, well I gotta go to a meeting. I'll see you around."

I took a deep breath as I walked into one of the offices. I met one of producers and he started blabbing about TRL and all of it went through one ear and came out of the next. Then another producer who was woman told me what I had to do. I was pretty sure she'd be like, you'll have to give out coffee but she told me I was going to help air the videos and some other things. They showed me around the studio and after a couple of days I got the hang of it. I seemed to love doing this, it was great and the people were great.

I had been doing the internship thing for a few months now, and it was exciting. I met a few of famous people, some of them had huge egos others were really sweet. I didn't get to meet everyone because I worked behind the cameras. Sometimes I'd pretend I was going to the bathroom just so I could meet a someone. I found out that today Justin Timberlake was coming, and Chelesa begged me to get her into the audience so she could meet him.
"I'm going to meet Justin Timberlake today." Chelesa hollared down our dorm hall.
I laughed, "I can't believe you're still crazy about him."
"You can't deny the fact he is gorgeous."
"He's a cheesy pop singer. He doesn't even sing that great."
"Oh you just wait and see, he is performing today. You'll be blown away."
Me and Ches were really different. Our musical tastes were so different. We were into different guys, and dressed so different. People never got us, or our friendship.

I sat Chelesa down into the audience, and then I quickly made my escape to the back room. Before I could even get to the door, I bumped into a guy.
"Jeez, watch where you're going" I said.
"Sorry," he mumbled.
I looked up, and it was Justin Timberlake. "Oh, you're Justin Timberlake." I said nonchalantly.
"What's that supposed to mean?" I didn't mean to be rude.
"It means nothing."
"Right."
"Sarcasm?"
"Just a little."
"Wow."
"Do you work here or something?" Was he in a really pissy mood or what?
"Yeah I do."
"What's your name?"
"Its not any of your business."
"I'll make it my business."
"Whats your f***ing problem, dude. I didn't do anything to you. Stop starting sh** for no reason."
He gave me a sorry look, and then mumbled. "Whatever."

Talk about being a jerk. But I'm forgiving person, and I let it go. He's a superstar, he probably has bad days just like everybody. But no, he had to continue to be a jerk because that night I was fired from my internship. I asked them why, and they wouldn't answer. They just said "You know why." Because of Justin Timberlake thats why. I was so angry as I stormed off the studios. I loved my job, and just because of some egostical ass I was fired. I wanted to find him, and punch him in the face. I know I'm mean, but this was just not fair. I'd probably never meet him again, and all his 50 bodyguards I wouldn't even be able to get a confrontation. I just had to deal with it, forget it and move on.

I walked into the dorm room, and started screaming out of my lungs how much i hated Justin Timberlake. Chelesa walked in, and asked what was wrong.
"Ugh, I got fired today."
"What? How?"
"Because.." I became speechless. "You! your ass better run fast!"
"What whats going on, Mar."
"Him, what is Justin Timberlake doing here?"
"We went out on a date."
"ohh really?" I laughed in shock.
"She's your friend." Justin pointed to me.
"She's my roommate."
"I better get going."
"Oh no you don't." I stopped him.
"Look i'm sorry about what happened, I gotta go."
"You're a jerk, what did I ever do to you?"
"I'm not the one who got you fired, is that what you think?"
"uh, duh!"
"Your producers saw us fighting, he talked to me about it. I just told him what happened, thats all."
I grew quiet, "What did you say to him?"
"I just said, we kind of argued and uh you gave me attitude."
"Oh thanks a lot." I hissed.
Chelesa then budded in, "Justin's sorry, really Mar. Aren't you J?"
"Yeah, I am."
"Oh thats just peachy. You guys enjoy your date, I'm leaving." I stormed off, and left the room.

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Mon May 03, 2004 8:41 am

Please continue with this story. I :wub: it. I love how Chlesea is going on a date with Justin and Marisa is pissed off at him. That is going to be an interesting scenario to work with in this story.

Aww, but he shouldn't have said that and gotten her fired. That's not good! :no:

Great job! Keep writing this story please! :clap:

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Mon May 03, 2004 11:42 am

:yay: this fanfic is sounding real good :nod: you better keep writing it! this story is definately gonna get interesting, i'll keep reading :thumbup:

update soon!

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Mon May 03, 2004 11:52 am

I love it already :P
Justin did basically get her fired <_< Chelsea is already sticking up for justin :huh:
update soon

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Mon May 03, 2004 4:13 pm

Here's another update... I spent forever writing this. :lol: This is like really bad, haha. I didn't do any of my hw.

I wandered in the hallways aimlessly, I didn't know where I was going. It was dark outside, and wandering around New York City didn't seem like the smartest idea. But I needed to get out, so I went to the coffee shop downstairs and read magazines. My friend Joe worked there, he was a great guy. My freshman year I had really liked him, it was like a high school crush ordeal but he never felt the same way so we were just friends. I got that a lot, I was everybody's friend.
"Hey there, what are you doing here late at night."
I chuckled, "Long story."
"Ah. Well I don't really anything to do, I'd love to hear it." He pulled up a chair beside me, and sat down.
"Well, I got fired from my internship."
He gasped in shock. "The one at MTV?"
"Yup."
"What? How?" He asked.
"You know of a guy named Justin Timberlake."
"Dude, are you kidding. I'm Justin Timberlake's biggest fan."
I rolled my eyes at him, "You've got to be joking."
"I got his album, its pretty good. I got his dvd too, I be practicing his moves." He starts imitating dance moves. "Watch this." He gets up from the chair and starts randomly dancing.
"What are you doing?"
He stops, "Thats from Rock Your Body."
"Rock your what?"
"Girl, no wonder you were fired from MTV. You don't know you're music."
"Ohh shut up." I brushed my shoulder against his. He laughed back, I loved the way he laughed.
"Now I you know your musicology. It's just the Timberlake you need to down."
"Yeah yeah." I said. "Do you want me to finish the story, or are you going continue to give accolade to this Michael Jackson wannabe."
"Oh you're not nice, but okay go on."
"Well okay, so he was a guest today on TRL and we got into an argument. And guess what, he got me fired because of it. He said I had an 'attitude'" I quoted.
Joe shook his head, "That's not cool. "
"Yeah, and I was so angry but what could I do. I go home, and I find him in my dorm room."
"No way. Did he want to say sorry or something."
"Not even close, he went on a date with Chelesa."
"Damn, lucky girl."
I gave him a look of suspicion, could he possibly be gay? I shrugged it off, and laughed.
"Do you want to go on a date with Justin?" I winked.
Then it hit him, "Ohh no, man. No Mar, I'm not gay if thats what you think."
"Just checking." I giggled.
"I find you too hot to be gay." He said nonchalantly and took a sip of my coffee.
"Oh thats really sweet, now if you don't mind take your mouth off my coffee."
"No problem babe." he put down the cup, and patted my head. "I gotta go clean the rest of the tables. Let me know when you're down."

I finished drinking my coffee, and gave Joe a hug. Just before I left, I saw Justin at the window. He was with Chelesa and they were holding hands. He gave her a kiss on the cheek, and left. I would have loved to have ruined that moment, but I knew I couldn't do that to Chelesa. She saw me through the window watching and came inside.
"Hey."
"Hi." I acted like I didn't notice her, and pretended to read a magazine.
"Look I'm sorry what happened today. I wasn't being a good friend."
"It's cool."
"No it's not, I ditched you for a guy. Even though it was Justin Timberlake. It's just TRL had this thing win a date with Justin, and I won and they said that we get to go to dinner,...I just thought you knew."
"No, I didn't know. I don't get to watch the actual show, I just play videos and stop them. That's it. You know now that I think of it, my job was pretty boring. So I guess I have to thank your boyfriend for that."
"He's not my boyfriend, and I know you loved that job, so don't even say that."
I sighed, "Look whatever happened happened. I'll forget about, we'll forget about it. You can do whatever you want with Justin just don't bring him near me. Deal?"
Chelesa, tried to let on a smile and nodded. "Fine, but it was just one date. It's not like he's ever going to call me back."
"You're right, he probably has a hoe in every area code."
We both giggled, and went back into our dorm.

I was glad me and Chelesa made up. My internship was over, and even though it sucked I had more free time to do other things.

The alarm clock was loudly beeping through my ears. As I shut it off, I realized the time and ran into the bathroom. I took a quick shower, and ran through my closet to find something to wear. I was in my towel, soaking wet when I heard a knock on the door. I was hoping it would be Joe, I loved when he came early in the morning and brought me coffee. It was a really big man at the door, and to tell you the truth he scared me.
"Hi, uh can I help you," I hid behind the door.
The man pushed aside, and revealed a tall man in glasses. He was sure dressed to impress, and at first glance I realized who it was.
"What do you want?" I asked angrily.
"Is Chelesa there."
"No, she's not. She's gone to class. That's what people do in college."
"Wow, really?" he sarcasmed.
I gave him a fake smile, and shut the door. But he held the door; he was stronger than me, I tried to shut it but he let himself in. He walked into the dorm like he owned the place, and followed me into my room.
"Why are you following me? Do you want to see me undress?"
"No hunny, that's the last thing I want to see."
"Get out." I shouted.
"Hold up, i'll leave just tell me when Chelesa will be back?"
"I don't know call her cellphone."
"She's not picking up."
"Well i don't when her class ends."
"Can you find out? I need to see her before I go."
"Go where?"
"To LA."
I sighed, "I don't know Justin, how about you wait here all day until she comes back..if you're that desperate." He gave me a stern look, and then nodded.
"Okay, I'll wait here." He popped onto the sofa and turned on the tv.
I grabbed the remote from his hand, "Uh no. I was joking."
"No thats good idea, I'll just wait for her."
"You can't just sit here all day."
"Why not?"
"Because this is my dorm room, and I say so."
"Shouldn't you be in class?" he grabbed the remote, and turned the TV on again.
I hissed, "Fine, stay here. Don't touch anything. If i find out you laid your finger on anything of mine, you're dead. You understand?" He complied.
I quickly got ready, and left to go to class.

I walked into class, and Professor Clarkson began writing random words on the board. He reminded us of the research assignment that was given to us a few months ago. I still had nothing to write about, it was going to be due at the end of the semester. It was going to count as big final grade. Most of my classmates were already finished or almost finished with it, and I hadn't even started. He looked around the class to see our progress. He shook his head in disappointment as he looked over the few notes I had scribbled in my notebook.
"This is all? I expect more from you Marisa."
"I know, I'm sorry."
"You have a lot of potential, I hate to see you fail this class."
My eyes fell to the floor.
"I know you won't let me down now." He patted my hand, and walked to the other students. I just felt frustration build within me. I had no idea what to research about. No clue.

That night, I went back to my dorm room. I tried to think of ideas, but nothing good came up. After awhile, I realized that Chelesa still hadn't come back. I figured she would be out with Justin. I went to our note board where we always left notes for each other. I saw a new one, it said,

Mar,
I tried calling you, but you were probably in class. The weirdst thing, Justin was in our dorm room waiting for me! But anyway, he wanted to say goodbye. Well to make things short, he invited me to LA for the weekend. I hope thats okay, i'll let you know how everything goes. Call me as soon as you get this.
Love, Chelesa

Ditched again by my best friend. I wasn't trying to be selfish, it just felt that way. I couldn't help it. I gave her a call, and got her answering machine. I left a message, and told her to call me back. I wasn't expecting a call anyway, she was in LA with a famous star and it was all because of me. Because I brought her to TRL to meet him. She was probably falling madly in love with a guy she barely knew, and I was left in the dust. Go me.

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Mon May 03, 2004 7:47 pm

:( :cry: I feel bad for Marisa. Justin is still around bugging her and she can't figure out what to do for her school assignment. And Chelsea ran off to LA with Justin for the weekend.

But her and Joe seem to get along swell. :nod: He seems like a cool guy. Maybe she should hang with him more since Chelsea is hanging with JT. :shrug:

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Tue May 04, 2004 3:08 pm

:( aww poor marisa, assignment and her friend is out al the time.. although you cant really blame her :shrug: joe seems lovely though :nod:

UPDATE!!!

*PrInC€š§~R¶*
Supreme Member
Location: uh...Mars...it's really hot over here...burning up!!

Postby *PrInC€š§~R¶* » Wed May 05, 2004 2:24 pm

this is really good you should totally continue

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Wed May 05, 2004 2:32 pm

:( Aww Marisa, things aren't going good for her but at least she has Joe to lean on when Chelsea is out with JT :) She needs some happiness :P

zozon3
Supreme Member

Postby zozon3 » Sun May 09, 2004 3:49 pm

i like it :nod:

update soon alright! :P

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Mon May 10, 2004 9:05 pm

<span style='color:purple'>I can't wait for more!!</span>

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Mon May 17, 2004 6:51 pm

Another update, hope u like. I just spent like 2 hours writing this. It's really long. You better like it! :lol: I have so much homework to do now...now this when Fanfiction becomes wrong!

That night I had absolutely nothing to do. I flipped through channels hoping to come across a good movie or two, to keep my mind off how pissed I was at Chelesa. Friends don't do that to you, I kept saying. I shut off the tv, and walked into my bedroom and decided to start that stupid research paper. My mind lingered for about five minutes and I gave up. Then randomly it struck me. Just like that. What's a better than researching about someone well known...really well known, such as perhaps a celebrity. I got excited but then I realized the only celebrity I knew was Justin Timberlake and he wasn't too fond of me, now was he? But I couldn't let an opportunity like this slip away. If I have to kiss his ass I will, I'll suck up to him and make him want to sit down with me. Afterall he owed me, and its a major plus when your best friend is dating him. I started brainstorming ideas, and I figured I would first have to make amends with Justin before anything else. Just in case he is a total jerk and he wouldn't sit down with me. Luckily, Chels called me a few minutes later and told me all about her 'wonderful trip'.
"I'm having the time of my life, Mar. I just wish you were here with me. Justin is being such a gentleman. He took me out to a restaurant, and we danced, I met a few of his friends. It's been amazing."
I rolled my eyes, "That's really great, Chels. I'm happy for you. But you barely know him, just be careful."
"Oh don't worry, he has like ten bodyguards, and about what happened, he's really sorry about your internship. He says the next time he sees you he's going to make it up to you."
I grinned, "Oh really? How soon can he make it up to me?"
"Uhh..I don't know. Why?"
"Well I kind of need his favor, for a class assignment."
"Oh I'm sure Justin will definitely do it. I'll talk to him, maybe convince him to come back to New York with me. Is that good?"
"That's fabulous."
"Alright then, I better get going. Justin and I are going to head to party. You're going to be alright, right?"
"Oh why are you worrying about me now. I'll be fine, i've got some papers to finish up anyway. I'll talk to you later. Night hun."
"Good night."

Three days passed without Chelesa, she was supposed to be back now. It was aggravating, she called again today and said that Justin wanted her to stay an extra day. I already don't like this guy, and he's giving me more reason to hate him. First my internship, now my best friend. Jeez, and if he doesn't come to New York, I'll be a very unhappy lady. Since there's no Chelesa, i've been going to the coffee shop a lot. Maybe drinking too much coffee than I should be. Joe has been a really supportive friend, and he's really good with advice. I can tell him anything, and its great to have a guy friend like that. Sometimes I wish we were more, but I know he would never like me like that. Speaking of that, I haven't really said much about my appearance to you, have I? Well I'm average height about 5'4, brown eyes, I wear glasses and have brunette hair. I wear my contact lenses rarely. I don't date a lot. I'm not the most attractive girl in the world. But Chelesa? She's quite the opposite. She's stunning, she's everything I envy. She has shiny strawberry blonde locks, blue eyes, and she's immaculate. I've never been jealous of her, okay maybe a little. But what else would you think she looked like, afterall Justin Timberlake wanted her. Not only him though, almost every guy has wanted her. Even Joe, and when the guy you like was more interested in your best friend than you...ahh well it sucks. She didn't like him back though, and she knew I had liked him a lot, and she knew she couldn't do that to me.

Maybe it'll be a new revelation, I'll actually be liked by someone this year. Maybe not.

Another day, another day to wake up to the stupid alarm bell. I get out of my bed, and somehow I am extremely pissed at the world. I go into the bathroom, and luck would have it...PMS is kicking in. I rummaged through the cabinets trying to find the midol, where the hell is that midol? I finally find it, take it and then I jump into the shower. I heard someone knocking on the door, and got scared. Did I leave the door unlocked? Then I hear the familiar voice again, it's Chels. I shut off the shower, and she walks into the bathroom.
"Hey!"
"You're back."
"I know, it was such a long flight. But we made it back?"
"We?"
"Justin and I."
"Ah yes."
She nodded, "I'll let you get out of the shower." She walked out and closed the door. I put on my towel, and hurried into my bedroom. I didn't want another revisit with Justin seeing me in my towel. But somehow he's always a one step ahead of me, and the guy is sitting comfortably on my bed looking through my writings. My personal writings...my journal. He really knows how to piss me off doesn't he?
"What are you doing?" I grab my book away from him.
"I was just looking at your stuff?"
"Did I say you could look at it?"
"No but.."
"Didn't I tell you like a few days ago that if you ever touched my things, you'd die. Do you have no respect? And who said you could be in my room in the first place?" I put my hands on my hips...well not exactly, one hand on my hip and the other on my towel. Didn't want to fall off.
"I'm sorry."
"Yeah you better be sorry." I gave him a stern look. I was so serious, and the PMS didn't help my anger.
"Get out!"
"Sheesh." Justin hissed, and walked out.

Two seconds later Chelesa walks in and asks me about what happened.
"Your boyfriend had the nerve to come into my room, and sit down in my bed and look through my personal writings."
"Don't get mad at Justin, Mar. He asked if he could see your room, and I said it was okay. And those aren't your personal writings, they're just your class assignments. He just wanted to read some of your stuff."
"Same difference, it's still personal. I'll let it slide, because you told him he could..but don't let anyone into my room without asking me first alright?"
"Alright, I'm sorry."
"It's okay."
"Oh by the way, get dressed. Justin wants to take us out to breakfast."
I sigh, and smile. I find some clothes, and quickly put my hair up.

"Aren't we going to be bombarded by paparrazzi," I ask him. I really am not interested about being plastered in tabloids. I think I had seen one of Chelesa the other day. She was headlined as "Justin's New Fling". I wonder what they would call me. They'd probably just assume I was his publicist or something.
"No, hell f***ing no. I hate the f***ing parparrazzi. I know a good place in New York, they never find me. It's f***ing great." Wow, he's quite the speaker. I could just imagine what our interview would be like, he'd be letting out f-bombs like no day.
"Okay good. I'm not very photogenic." I joke. I crack myself up, nobody laughs but its okay.

We get to this tiny restaurant, and seems very secretive. We have to sneak around, and Justin has to go his own way to make sure no one sees us with him. Me and Chelesa go with one of Justin's other bodyguards. We finally get into the restaurant, and we sit down and order. Justin stares at Chelesa in this googly eye way, and I can tell he really likes her. I don't say much, and just listen to their conversation. I have to avoid talking, because whatever I will say will probably piss off Justin. They blabber about how wonderful LA was, and they tell me about what they did. I try to sound really polite, and just act like i'm really interested. Then Justin changes the subject...to me.
"So you wanna be a writer?"
"I think so, considering thats my major."
"What do you write about?"
"Anything I feel like."
"So why were you working at MTV if you wanted to be a writer."
"Because I was offered an internship. Who would refuse MTV?"
"that's true."
"But you know, now I don't have that internship because some prick got me fired. It's no biggie though." Did I have to go there?
Justin sighed and took a sip of his orange juice. I guess afterall this wasn't going to work out. "Look i'm sorry. I came to New York to make it up to you, and help with whatever you have to do for school. I had to reschedule a lot of things to come here, so i'm doing you a big favor."
I don't answer, I think he thought I just didn't care. He sighed, "What's your project on?"
"I don't know really, its just I have to write about something and I thought what better thing than to write about a celebrity."
"Oh. So wait, are you going to make me look bad?"
"Depends, whether you make yourself look bad or not. I'm just going to be straightforward and honest."
"You already think i'm an ass, and considering how stubborn you are, i don't think your idea of me will change."
"Then we'll make a new slate. I'm not going to let what happened before influence this. Is that good?" ..I am not stubborn, you ass.
"sh**, you guys I have to go class." Chelesa interrupted. "Hey, i'm going to be late so why don't I meet up with you guys later. Give my cell a call, okay?" She kissed Justin on the cheek and left the restaurant.
Now I was left alone with him...just me and him. This was awkward, and hated Chels for leaving me alone with him. I continued to eat my pancakes, and acted nonchalant. Justin then smiled at me, a weird smile, a suspicious one at that. It scared me for a moment cause it wasn't like his other smiles, it was actually genuine.
"You like the food?"
I nodded, and took a sip of my coffee.
"You're paying for the bill by the way." He uttered.
I tried to chew my food and then said "I have no money."
"Oh that sucks, they'll probably make you watch the dishes then." He smiled again. I gave him a stern look.
"I'm kidding, i'm not that much of a jerk."
"You sure about that?"
He chuckled, "We better get going, and start that assignment of yours. You want to come to my hotel room and do it there?"
"Sure, I just need to pick up some things from my dorm."

After we got the stuff I needed, we went to his hotel. Obviously it was long ass process because we had to come in different cars, and have to be followed by bodyguards. It was kind of annoying, but I knew it was the only way so that people wouldn't photograph us. When I finally got into his room it was jaw-dropping. It was a huge suite, and it was bigger than any room I had ever seen. Justin sat down on the couch, and signaled me to sit next to him.
"Why are you being so shy?" He poured himself a glass of water.
"What? I'm not being shy."
"You barely said anything after Chelesa left."
"Well..it's just a bit awkward."
"Yeah, I guess your right. You just seem a bit different right now, like nice."
I roll my eyes, "Well I figure the only way I can keep you, is if I be nice to you. And that's really hard, so I figure if I don't say anything at all it'll make things easier."
"Yeah, good idea." He laughed.

So then I started asking him questions. I started simple and then went complex. Justin didn't seem heistant to answer any of my questions. I had a notion that he would limit me from asking him a lot things such as his relationship with Britney Spears. He didn't stop me, and he didn't not answer. It's as if he wanted me to know everything about him.
"So why did you and Britney break up?"
"She cheated on me with a good friend of mine."
"Oh.." I grew silent. "I didn't expect you to answer that."
"But I did."
"Why?"
"I figure you should know, didn't you want all truth and honesty?"
"But, I mean you've never said it in interviews and.."
"Well this isn't exactly going national, is it?"
"Oh, very true."
"What's the next question?" He was such a pro at this.
"Okay, so now that you've been cheated on. How has your perception of women change?"
"My perception hasn't changed..i've been cheated on before, so i've been there before. It's just was Britney this time."
"What kind of relationship are you looking for now?"
"I don't know. I've been dating around. I want a girl, maybe not so much in the public eye. Someone I can connect with, and she can connect with me. Hopefully i'll find that girl, and fall madly in love again. At this point, it doesn't feel like it's ever going to happen."
What? He's never going to fall in love again? "Break from the interview, hello what about Chelesa?"
"What about her? I like her..a lot. You're friend is a great, Marisa, don't get me wrong. It's just i've been hurt and all, I don't think I can trust and love someone that much anymore."
"But you seem to be falling madly in love with her. I mean you are, aren't you."
He was silent, and I stared at him. "I.."
"She's falling for you."
"I know, it's just..hard. She lives here, I live there. I mean it was just a fun thing to do, to bring her to LA and just hang out."
I couldn't believe what I was hearing, "Are you going to breakup with her?"
"What else do you expect me to do? I live in LA. We can't have a relationship this way."
"Why not? If you could date Britney Spears and do it, you can do it with Chelesa."
He put is hand on my shoulder, "I know you're trying to be a good friend to her and I know you care about her. I know i'm going to kick myself for saying this but, i'm only physcially attracted to her."
"So bascially she was just a fling, a girl you could make happy and lead her on to think that there could possibly be a relationship for you guys. That's great, Justin. I have to go now, we'll finish this after, I can't do this now."
"Wait, I'm leaving tomorrow."
"Alright, then we'll finish it never. Goodbye." I shut the door, and left.

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Mon May 17, 2004 8:53 pm

<span style='color:purple'>Damn Justin for being such an ass!! Good for Marisa for standing up for her friend!!!!</span>

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Mon May 17, 2004 9:35 pm

:yay: Marisa is an awesome friend and Justin is just plain wrong for saying that Chelsea is just a fling for him. You don't tell a girl that, even if it is true. :no: :nono: HOW RUDE! :angry:

And just when we thought Marisa and Justin were making progress in the friendship department. :shrug: I guess not. <_<

Great update Rani. I appreciate you taking those two hours just to update for us. Now do that homework girl so you don't get in trouble at school. :nod:

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Tue May 18, 2004 3:14 pm

thank you for devoting two hours to that, it was definately worth it :nod: and we appreciate it :nod:

justin :nono: naughty boy, shouldnt lead a girl on. and :yay: for marisa sticking up for her friend.

update please

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Tue May 18, 2004 3:25 pm

Thank you Rani for updating! You're the best, we really appreciate the time you took to write that fab chapter :P Now get on with your homework! ;)

Justin, thats not on doing that to Chelsea :no: just as i thought him and Marisa were getting on he goes and says that about her best mate <_<

Sarah
Supreme Member

Postby Sarah » Tue May 25, 2004 1:22 pm

<span style='color:deeppink'>I didn't realise you had another story up!
im loving it so far! and what Justin is doing to Chelsea is just wrong! you dont lead a girl on like that!
great chapters! update soon! :P </span>

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Tue May 25, 2004 6:56 pm

The dorm room was empty, Chelesa was gone and I didn't want to imagine what was going to happen tonight. Any minute she was going to walk through that door, and I would have to sit here and act like nothing was wrong. A part of me felt guilty that I was somewhat relieved Justin was not going to be part of her life anymore. He was nice guy, don't get me wrong, yeah I haven't had the greatest moments with him, but I liked how our friendship was before. Before Justin came into her life or mine.
I shifted into my closet trying to find a good pair of shoes to wear. I figure i'd head to the coffee shop for a bit, and see Joe. Then I heard someone knock on the door. The familiar face appeared, and he looked sad. He had this remorseful expression on his face, almost innocent, and a bit sincere. I sighed, and let him inside even though I wanted to the shut the door in his face.

I crossed my arms, and stared at him. "Why did you come here?"
"I owe you favor and I'm not leaving til we finish. Look I know you're mad, there were somethings I shouldn't have said to you. I should have kept it to myself. So I came here to apologize," he walked closer to me and said genuinely, "I'm sorry."
Suddenly I felt my body get numb, a strange sensation traveled throughout me and I hated, yet felt enticed by the feeling. "It's okay." I whispered back. My eyes did not leave him, I felt the guilt build inside me. He probably thought I was so weirdo, but I just kept staring..until he brought me back to reality.
"Marisa? Marisa?"
I shook my head, "Sorry." I blushed, I probably turned bright pink. "I was thinking about something."
"Oh really what?"
"Uh..." yeah this is swell. I should just say, yes I was thinking about you but not in romantic way. No, no of course not. "What color I should paint those walls. White is such a dull color don't you think?" Wow, that was real clever.
"Yeah." He looked at me funny, and then laughed. "So you forgive me?"
I paused for a moment and then said "No, I don't forgive you. But i'll pretend I don't know anything and you'll pretend like I don't know anything, and that's how it will be."
"Sounds good."

I really hated talking with him, I hated knowing my best friend was going to get her heart broken tonight. But at the same time, I was having fun. We laughed, made jokes and probably goofed off more than we should've. My paper was barely finished.
"This was fun, we should do this again some other time."
"We're probably going to have to, I'm barely finished."
"What?" He was surprised.
All of sudden Chelesa walked into the room. We both became silent, and I had hoped she would be gone longer.
"Hey you guys. How's the paper coming along Mar?"
"It's...making slow progress." I chuckled. "But it'll be finished, it better be. It's due in 2 days."
"Two days? sh**, we better get cracking on this. I'm sorry Chelesa, I don't think we can go out tonight."
"No don't do that. You guys go out, don't let my paper stop you."
"Marisa its fine. Justin's leaving in the morning, and this is more important anyway. I'm going to go pick up some chinese food. You guys want some."
"Yeah." We replied in unison.
I felt relieved, maybe Justin wouldn't break up with her right now. Maybe he would wait until he saw her again. He didn't seem the type of a guy who would do it over the phone. I wanted to ask, but I knew it would just lead into another argument. But Justin brought it up himself.
"I'm still breaking up with her tonight." He said while looking through my writings. He said it just like that, like it was nothing.
"What? No, you can't. Wait until awhile, maybe when you come back to New York."
"I don't know when I'm coming back to New York it might be in 2 weeks or it might be in 2 months. I'll be just getting myself into a mess if I wait longer."
"Justin please don't do this. Give Chelesa another chance, see where you guys end up. Maybe she's the one."
"Why are you trying so hard for us to be together? You don't even like me."
"That is not true. After I've gotten to know you and stuff you're an alright guy. Plus, I think you're a perfect match for Chelesa. " I nodded. He wasn't convinced, and shook his head.
I couldn't believe how pathetic I was about to get, I got on my knees and kneeled down. "Please. Pretty please." I did the puppy face, and then I had to say those three awful words. "I'll do anything." I guess I was just trying to be funny, but Justin wasn't laughing.
"Get up." He said in sternly. Geez, he could have at least laughed a little.
"Are you angry at me?"
"Why are you pushing this?"
"Cause I don't want you to hurt Chelesa."
"I don't want to either, but do I have a choice."
"Yes."
"No I don't. You don't get this business, and you don't get me."
"No I do, after hearing blabber you for amount an hour. I know you pretty good."
"It takes more than an hour to get to know someone Marisa."
I rolled my eyes, "Whatever. I still know a lot about you than most people do. That counts for something."
"Yeah I guess it does." He got up, and stretched. I couldn't help but stare at his muscular body. I felt myself go numb again, but I shook off the feeling.
"Where are you going?"
"Well aren't we finished. I'm going home."
"There's still chinese food to be eaten."
"I'm not that hungry, i'll just order something from room service."
"So you're just going to leave like that and not even say goodbye to Chelesa."
"I'll see her in the morning before I leave."
"Fine." I said angrily, and shut my room door in his face.

"Marisa you are a pain in the ass. Open the door."
"No."
"I'm not leaving with you being angry at me."
"Oh well then you're never leaving I suppose."
"Why are you being like this?"
"Why do you care if I'm angry at you. You're going to break up with Chelesa and then parade off back into your world, and never see me again." I opened the door.
"That's not true."
"Yes it is." I chuckled. "C'mon Justin, why do you really care? why are you wasting time talking to someone you will never talk to again."
He sighed, "I don't know, maybe it's cause of this." And our lips suddenly collided like that.

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Tue May 25, 2004 8:25 pm

:o Oooooooh, I like that lips colliding part, even though I hate that Chelsea's going get her feelings hurt. Tough situation they're all in here. :nod: :(

Great update. :thumbup:

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Wed May 26, 2004 3:08 pm

trouble is a brewing...

but i kinda like the two of them together, but what about joe? and chelsea? they gotta think before they act :nod:

more please! :D

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:57 pm

Do u guys really like this, or ur just reading this to be kind? lol. Have any constructive criticism? I don't want to waste time to keep writing it, if you're not really enjoying it. & plleeaasee be honest. thanks :)

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:08 pm

I truly am enjoying this story. I'm terrible at critiquing things grammarwise and with regard to all those technical things, so all I can say is that everything seems just fine to me and I hope that you'll continue writing it when you find the time and inspiration again. :nod: :pray:

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:34 am

ive studied english language and english literature in college and i have to say this is a truly well written piece of work :nod:

your choice of vocabulary clearly expresses what you mean to say.

DEFINATELY continue please? :pray:

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:44 am

Ok thats not good :huh: Maybe her and justin are a bit more compatible but he is gonna break Chelsea heart. Rani this is a good story :P

*PrInC€š§~R¶*
Supreme Member

Postby *PrInC€š§~R¶* » Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:20 am

PreCiouSbAbY wrote:Do u guys really like this, or ur just reading this to be kind? lol. Have any constructive criticism?  I don't want to waste time to keep writing it, if you're not really enjoying it. & plleeaasee be honest. thanks :)

of course i like this...you like one of the best writers that i know. i love this story and your a great writer! and i am being honest. :nod:

Justin and Marisa...i think make a better couple than chels and justin.

ooooo they kissed something is going to happen and when chels comes and see them kiss and i'm sure there will be WWF smackdown going on!

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:17 pm

here's some more... I'll be gone to Cali for a few weeks, so I won't be able to update. Sorri.. :(

His lips on my lips, and I felt helpless, intangled between this moment and my best friend. It was surreal, but real, I felt it, I felt him but it wasn't right. My mind told me to break away, but since when did I ever listen to that mind. It seemed like hours could have passed by, and I would have hit oblivion. Just as suddenly we kissed, that kissed disappeared into a memory. A memory gone in the back of my mind, one that i would hope to forget. It was just a simple friendly kiss, a kiss that meant nothing. It was just a kiss.
I couldn't look at him anymore, and he just stared. We were awkward, and uncomfortable trying to search for something 'right' to say. Fortunately, there was nothing we could say. A second later Chelesa walked in, and I knew things couldn't possibly get worse.
"The Chinese food is here." she shouted. Justin immediately went to go help her get the bags out of her hands and put them on the table. I grabbed the chopsticks, some rice and escaped back into my room. I couldn't sit here and pretend like everything was okay. "I'm going to go eat in my room you guys, finish up on that paper." and I left for them two to fend off on their own. But my peacetime didn't last too long, and Chelesa came in for a 'talk'. I thought maybe Justin had told her, but thats not what she wanted to talk about.
"So what do you want to tell me?" I asked, trying to be calm as possible.
"I think...I'm in love with Justin." My jaw dropped, literally.
"You can't be in love with him. You just met him, give yourself some time girl." I retorted. "Love takes time."
"No really. I've been with so many guys, and I've never felt like this. I know this sounds cheesy but its like magical, I feel my world just ahh, its just amazing."
"Chelesa, this 'ahh' isn't going to last very long. He's going to go back to L.A. and back with his hoes, and everything's going to be be like it used to be."
"Well, jeez thanks for being optimistic. You really think he'll just leave and forget about me."
"He's a celebrity, he has his own life. I'm just being realistic you know."
"Yeah, real realistic." She was angry. "Cause a guy like him could never possibly like me right? But you never thought he'd ask me out again, or kiss me, or even ask me to go to California with him but he did. You know what Mar, I think you're just jealous. Because you can't get a boyfriend, or Joe to even like you, you're trying to push me away from a guy that really likes me. I can't take this, I'm leaving."
Before I could even utter word she banged my door shut. Okay what just happened. I figured I'd just let it be, and we'd just makeup in the morning. I needed to sleep anyway.

At 3 in the morning, my cell phone began to ring and being half asleep I couldn't find it. Finally I found it under one of my tee-shirts, and picked it up.
"Hello." I answered, quite drowsy.
"Are you sleeping?"
"No I just sound like this for fun."
I heard a sigh over the phone, "I'm sorry, I just got at the hotel room. Chelesa and I went clubbing for a little bit. Are you okay?"
"I'm fine." I yawned. "Why?" I asked.
"Chelesa was real upset, and at first I thought.."
"That I told her? no I thought I would leave that part for you."
"Well she was upset, and I just wanted to know if everything was alright."
"One its none of your business, and two even if it was I wouldn't tell you."
"Alright, I deserve that."
"Yeah you do, after that stunt you pulled today. I should hang up on you right now."
"On the stunt I pulled?" He seemed surprised...
"Yes, the one you pulled."
"It wasn't entirely my fault...you didn't pull away either."
"Cause it was totally out of the blew. I was caught by surprise, my thought was obstructed."
He chuckled over the phone, "yeah I bet thats it."
i sighed, "Look, what happened last night lets just forget about it and pretend like it never happened." Yes, thats actually what to say.
"Why?"
"Because its better that way."

Sarah
Supreme Member

Postby Sarah » Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:43 am

no Chelesa cant love him! lol
and was out of order of her to shout out Marisa like that she was only trying to make her see sense!
great chapter hun! update as soon as you get back! :P

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:09 am

oh my that is a tangled web... glad im not mixed up in it.

thank you for updating rani :thumbup: update when you come back and i hope you have fun

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:19 pm

:thumbup: Thanks for the upate. I hope you have a blast in Cali. Party hard, girlie. :party: :dance:

:huh: I feel bad that Chelsea is in love with Justin, but he does not have the same feelings for her. It's gonna break her heart to hear the truth. Poor Marisa, too. She's stuck in the middle of an awful situation. :(

*PrInC€š§~R¶*
Supreme Member

Postby *PrInC€š§~R¶* » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:08 pm

dang girl he likes you

more plz!!

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:02 pm

<span style='color:purple'>Still have to catch up... :( </span>

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:15 am

im sorry i never updated. i went to cali came bak, and forgot. i dont know if u guys remember the story still lol, but i'll see if i can update later.

Return to “Fan Fiction”