Paparazzi

Mariah111384
Advanced Member

Postby Mariah111384 » Tue May 18, 2004 11:56 pm

I've been toying with new ideas today and I felt like writing this one down. Let me know what you think and if I should continue.

Paparazzi

Chapter 1

She didn't want to do it, but good old Joel made her. She also needed the money. Since the singing thing didn't fan out, she wisely chose the back up. Photo journalism. OK, now she would have never in her wildest dreams ever imagined becoming what she is now. Well, at least she's not swimming in debt. At the age of 19, Angelina Jones was the youngest and most sought after of the paparazzi in West LA. Her current assignment: Justin Timberlake, pop star always on move. She was the fearless type, but something about this assignment rubbed her in all the wrong areas.

She had taken images of Demi Moore, Britney Spears, and Christina Aguilera, just to name a few. They were easy. She was taught by the best. Joel was her mentor. Her savior. Her messiah. He taught her all the rules, which when it comes to the jobs, really are none. A wad a papers stapled together was dropped on her desk.

She looked up into Joel's green eyes and smiled, "What is this?"

"Read it, study it, memorize it, do what ever you want with it, Angie. This is our big story. He is the big bucks for you and me," he sat down next to her.

Her eyes scanned the picture in front of her. Justin was sitting at a restaurant with current girlfriend Cameron Diaz. "Justin huh? What's so great about this guy anyway?"

"Well, he is the most sought after guy in the world and everybody wants to know everything about him. He's you're guy. I'm gonna let Joanna know this one's yours. I'm trusting you to handle this guy yourself. Can you do that?"

"Well, I-" he cut her off.

"Great, thanks, you're my key rookie. Don't disappoint me Angie. Here's the skinny on this guy's next whereabouts. Compliments of David Castle of course," he boasted as he pointed to the post-it note on the page.

She sighed, Joel was always right, "OK, thanks Joel. I'll see what I can do. I won't disappoint you."

"Good. Now, take that home and read it them tomorrow, I want you camera in hand, waiting there for Timberlake. Thanks again Angie."

"Sure, see ya later."

"Later," he scurried off towards his office.

She breathed in as she opened the packet and started skimming. 'Hmm, 23, blue eyes, tall, athletic, singer, dancer, songwriter, frequent dater. This guy's a joke. What can I possibly dig up from him?' Her eyes read over the sentence that said "worth over 46 million dollars." 'sh*t, this guy's loaded. No wonder people want him. Rich bastard.'

She got up, left her desk, and went to her car. As she got in, she thought for a second. "Why the hell did I agree to snap this loser! Its too late now. I'm stuck forever," she turned on the engine and drove out of the parking lot.

The next day, she walked to the specific place she was supposed to meet, Angelina was fixing her camera lens to the right zoom when she felt a tap on her shoulder. She whipped around and caught Joel. "Yeah?"

"Hey, just coming to see how you are. This is a big deal and this guy is big news now. Its important we get him good."

"I know all this. Suddenly you don't trust me? You practically made me do this against my will," she reminded him.

"Angie, I want everything to be perfect. Oh, look pretty boy's here. Have fun," he smirked, turning to walk away.

Angelina sighed, "I guess," she looked up and her eyes stopped.

She just stared at him until she realized she had something heavy around her neck and in her hands. She took a breath and adjusted the mid section and zoomed as she shot quickly. She took another from a longer angle. Than another, than another until she saw Justin and what looked like a blond with her hair in a mid ponytail walk away from the table.

"Damn you!" she cursed to herself as her eyes followed the couple sitting somewhere far out of her camera sight. 'They must have caught on. I'll show them.' She moved as she put her camera in her shoulder bag closer and walked into the place, trying to act like a patron. She noticed the couple in the far left table so she took a seat on a small table for two.

The waitress came over and asked her what she wanted and she said she needed a few minutes. Her eyes looked in his direction. When they found him, she found that his eyes were staring at hers. She offered a small smile and looked away from his gaze. She looked over a little without moving her head and caught his eyes still on her. 'What is this freak staring at? He's a millionaire, why would he stare at me?' She turned her head and looked at him again but his head instantly turned away. 'Odd.'

The waitress came by again so she just asked for a lemonade. Her eyes kept looking in his direction. Drinking in the image. Why is she staring? She's supposed to do her job. Not gawk. 'OK, Lina, behave. Be cool. Don't stare. Why is he looking over here though?'

Her drink came and she took a sip, letting the iced liquid cool her dry throat. She took out her notebook and pretended to be busy with it, stealing glances at him all the while. The big question is, why was she still following him even though she already got her shots? Who is this guy anyway? A project. Just an independent project. Nothing else. She gets a grade and goes home. She's paparazzi. Hated by all stars. Why would they wanna hang around her? She suddenly had a strange pain in her stomach and rubbed her eyes. She was tired. Today was not a good day to stalk people. Especially the good looking ones with bodyguards.

She placed some money down, picked up her stuff, and started to leave. As she got up her cell phone went unnoticed as it dropped from her jacket pocket onto the floor. She just left without a clue.

Justin saw the cell drop out of her pocket. He was watching her the whole time and didn't know why. He excused himself from the table and picked up the lone light blue cell phone and walked outside. He tried to spot her through the slew of people. He noticed the outfit he was looking for hailing for a cab. He jogged over towards the girl.

"Hey, wait, you uh dropped this."

'Who is that? That voice? Couldn't be, could it?'

She turned around to come face-to-face with her current model. She couldn't see anything and than blinked her eyes again. She than noticed her cell phone and gently took it from his grasp. "T-thank you," she jumped when it started ringing, "Pardon me," she clinked it on and turned from him, "Jones? Yes, I-I don't know. No, I can't. Because its too far alright? No, its 1:42pm now. Not yet, no. I know. Hey, I'm sorry. I can't make it in time. No, Joel told me I was doing that. Didn't he tell you? OK, fine. I'll be right there. Coming back on assignment. Great, alright. Bye Dave," she flipped it closed and turned around starting to call for a cab.

Justin tried not to listen, but there he was, standing there watching her in awe. 'She must like 25 or 27. On the phone she sounded much older. Like she could take care of herself. She seems harmless, plus she didn't scream in your face for an autograph. Talk to her.'

He came toward her, "Hey, everything OK now?" 'Could you be anymore lamer?'

She sighed deeply, 'go away now,' "Yeah, everything's good. Excuse me," she moved away from him.

'Hmm, strange. Maybe she doesn't wanna talk. Oh, well.' "OK, cool. Have a good rest of the day." 'It would be better not to talk, moron.'

"OK, you too. Thank you for my phone again." She said kind of dissmissively.

'Whoohoo! She's talking. OK, keep talking, maybe she'll talk too.' "Sure, I always lose my cell. That's why I have like 3, just in case."

"Good for you," she turned around and rolled her eyes.

He chuckled. 'This is interesting.' "What's your name?"

She finally got a cab and turned to him, "Its Angelina. Listen, I can't talk. I have to go. Bye."

"OK, see ya." he waved as she got in.

As she got in, closing the door, she clutched her stomach again. Why was she having so much pain all of a sudden? Weird. "Calabasas, take northwest," she said to the cabbie. He nodded and drove off.

The light turned green as the cab drove, another vehicle on the left opposite traffic rapidly ran the red light and crashed into the side of the cab. A small line of blood was trickling from her temple down to her cheek. Angelina closed her eyes.

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Wed May 19, 2004 8:26 am

:o Ooooooohhhhh, I like this story, too. You're a great writer Audrey, so of course, you need to continue with this story. If Justin is in the story, you know I'm here to read it. ;)

:angry: @ that bastard who ran the red light. Learn to drive people! :no:

Beach_Babe05
Advanced Member

Postby Beach_Babe05 » Wed May 19, 2004 4:17 pm

ooo it's good!! more please

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Wed May 19, 2004 5:35 pm

Aww i want her job :lol: I hope that shes ok though :nervous: d*mn people who run red lights....that was really nice of Justin to take her her phone though... i have a feeling this won't be the last time that they run into each other :lol: MORE PLEASE!

Mariah111384
Advanced Member

Postby Mariah111384 » Thu May 20, 2004 12:29 am

Thanx guys. Here ya go.

Chapter 2

"Oh my god! Are you OK?" she heard the voice. She didn't even need to open her eyes. That voice was memorized enough. The project of course.

She slowly opened her eyes to find the dark blue ones staring at her in worry, "What?"

"Sh*t, your bleeding. Here, come out, you have a nasty cut," his hand came out.

Her head came up slowly as she tried to get out the cab. She took his hand and got out. Instantly she fell from standing too fast but Justin caught her. "Whoa, you OK there?"

She nodded meekly, she could barely stand up. "I'm fine, its OK." she whispered in a low strained voice.

"OK, maybe I should take you to the hospital, just in case something might be wrong internally."

She managed a little smile, it still hurt as she sat on the bus bench. He sat down next to her, "I'm alright. Don't worry."

"Here, let me get to something for your cut. I'll be back. Stay here," he got up.

'Do I really have a choice?' "Um, alright. Thanks."

He smiled a little, "Its no problem, I'll be back," he left towards a small cafe and stepped inside.

She sighed. Her head pounding strongly. 'Why was he caring so much? OK, its common sense, alright I give him that. Still, he's acting so gentle to me. He doesn't even know me. I hate that. He shouldn't. He's just an image. He shouldn't care. I shouldn't care. Joel's only rule: hide and snap, no distractions what so ever. Justin is a distraction. I'm supposed to be working, not be gallivanting. Paparazzi don't have friends. They're all alone. They don't need anyone. No one. No temptations. Shouldn't even be an option. OK, try this, when he comes out just brush him away. Yeah. Maybe he'll get the point. I'm no one. He shouldn't care. Who would care to want to be friends with a struggling used-to-be-singer with no real life but to follow others and take pictures. An exploiter. A treasanist. An intruder. A liar. That's what this job is. It pays well, but its immoral. I lie everyday when I snap. Everyday.'

He came out with a wet rag and an ice pack. 'Oh jesus, this guy ACTUALLY cares. Stop thinking about that. He doesn't know who you really are. If did he wouldn't act this way. He'd spit on you. Just don't tell him. Great, another lie. I should write a book or go into politics. I could be President.' "Here, turn a little bit," his voice so soft, like velvet satin.

She sighed and turned as he asked. She felt the warm damp cloth graze her upper abrasion and winced loud, "Ow! Sorry, it hurts."

He gave a comforting smile, "I know. I'm sorry. Just turn a little be more. I'm almost done," the rag wiped at her temple again.

She tried to hold all the hissing, but she couldn't help it. "Ow!" she squealed.

"OK, I'm done. Here, hold still," she felt his warm breathe glide over the cut. 'Wow... this feels amazing.' Instantly soothing the throbbing pain. When he was done, he took the ice pack out, "Here, this is gonna sting a little, hold my hand if it hurts," he held out his free hand to her to which she shook her head indicating she didn't need to.

"OK, here goes," he placed the ice pack slowly over the cut and she cried out suddenly and abruptly she grabbed his soft hand tightly; almost making a mark from the grip.

She looked up at him apologetically, "Sorry if I hurt you. It hurts."

He shook his head, "Its fine, I knew you were going to do that. Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm OK. Thanks. I can hold it now. Don't let me keep you from what ever you were doing before."

His raised his eyebrows at her, "You're kidding, right? You just got into a car accident and you'll be 'OK'?! Maybe you do have a concussion. Let's go to the hospital and find out."

'Oh no, distraction alert. Abort, abort, abort! OK, just tell him no. Yeah, that's right, lie again, its what you're good at. Dammit, this guy really does care! About a complete and total stranger. Why? Doesn't make sense. He's got millions of cash, girls all over the world want him, and this idiot stays with me. No, get rid of him. Fight the generosity he drips with. Fight it. Do it. Tell him to piss off. Do it nicely though. Don't be a b*tch.'

"Umm, actually I-" her cell ringtone cut her off, "Excuse me, " she clicked it on.

"Jones? Yes, Why? NO, I can't. Cuz I'm freaking on the other side of the world Dave! No, its nothing. Because right now, this is the last thing I need. Tell Jo- huh? Why did you do that? Dave shut up for a second! Yeah I'm pissed. You have no idea- what? Shut up! Yeah, shut up. My turn to say something. I'm not there to see it yet. I will be. Its at home OK? Cuz I walked. No, long story. I'll be there. Wait for me, don't cop out. Fine tomorrow, printing. No, tomorrow. That's final, OK? No, Joel made it perfectly clear what he wants. Listen to him, Dave. You might just learn something. I gotta go home. OK, bye," she hung up and stood up with the almost all the way melted ice pack and threw it away.

She turned to a spaced out Justin, "Thanks a lot...um..."

"Justin. Call me Justin."

'Yeah, jackass, like I didn't know. Not what I was gonna say anyway.' "OK, Justin, I gotta go. Thank again for doing what you did. I'll never forget it. Well... bye," she turned around and started walking away. 'Success, I'm outta the woods. Just keep walking.'

'Did she actually walk away from me? Hell nah, she must be crazy. She was just in an accident, she could be hurt walking by herself. Go get her. Screw this.' He dumped the slightly bloody rag into the trash and his legs ran up to her as he called, "Wait, hold up! Angelina, wait! Stop!" he ran up and grabbed her hand to stop her.

"What are you doing? Let go of me!"

"Calm down. I'm not gonna hurt you, OK? I came to ask you if you'd like a ride?"

"No thank you. Let me go."

He released her and stepped back, "I'm sorry. I was just offering the ride. It still stands if you want it."

"No, I'm fine walking thank you. I'll be leaving now. Bye, Justin." She turned away and started walking back to her house. 'I hope its bye, go away freak.'

"Fine, have it your way," he shouted, smirking as he turned and walked to his car, got in, and began following her inconspicuously.

She began taking a short cut to her house unaware of a lone car trailing not too far behind her. She rounded a sharp corner, walked up the steps, and punched in her code opening the front door with a buzz sound. She, like always, was greeted by the doorman Tony. She nodded her hello and took the stairs to her room.

Justin came to a stop as his eyes stared at the small complex. His heart slightly broke that she lived such a cheap lifestyle. A beautiful girl doesn't deserve this life. 'Well, least I know that you're safe Miss Angelina and know where you live. Count on seeing more of me "accidentally" in this area. Stalk with style.' "That's a promise," he laughed as he turned the other way back to his house with a grin the size of Utah.

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Thu May 20, 2004 8:33 am

:lol: I see that Justin is becoming quite the stalker himself. Angelina can stalk him for photos and he can stalk her to try to become more friendly with her. It all works out perfectly. :nod:

I'm lovin' it. MORE!! :D

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Thu May 20, 2004 2:14 pm

I like that this story is from the perspective of someone from the paparazzi, its kinda different, Justin might not be so keen on stalking her when he finds out her 'profession'.
Keep the updating going :P

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Thu May 20, 2004 3:35 pm

I find it funny that he left Cam at lunch and went to chase after this chick :rofl: that cracks me up :lol: ahh I love how he was so caring towards her but she just pushed him away :wub: MORE PLEASE

Beach_Babe05
Advanced Member

Postby Beach_Babe05 » Thu May 20, 2004 9:29 pm

I love this sotry keep it up!!

Mariah111384
Advanced Member

Postby Mariah111384 » Fri May 21, 2004 1:02 am

Chapter 3

"You're serious? He's there now? OK, on my way, Dave. Gimmie a second. I gotta run to the store," she hung up the phone, hopped off the chair, and sprinted to her car speeding.

When she arrived at the store, she grabbed a push basket and went to the stationary isle. Just as she grabbed a couple notebooks, her cell rang, "Sh*t," she clicked it open.

"Jones? What? What do you mean he's not there? I'm at the supermarket now. You're kidding?! Holy sh*t balls! He's freakin' here? Like coming this way? How did that happen? You were supposed to watch the a**hole! Figures much. Just that -- oh nevermind. I got a problem now, hello? What am I supposed to do? Well, the loser is not supposed to see me duh! Please, I'm far more mature than you will ever be. Yeah, I'm mad. Its your f*cking fault. Joel is gonna be so pissed at me now. What if I see him again? Huh, what? No, I didn't say AGAIN. I said what if he sees me ADD boy? Please, I know what I said. He never saw me, alright? Listen, what have you got to tell me? He's parking now and getting out? How am I supposed to snap this a**hole now?" she dropped a blue ink pen package in the cart. "So, "you don't know" is that what you're saying? OK, alright. Oh god, stop talking! Alright, yo-you done? Wait, let's rephrase that, you're done. Look whatever goes down with this guy, I'm pinning all the sh*t on you. I told you why. Fine, I will. I'll try. Printing today, yeah? Uh, 4 total, discarding the two before. They were pathetic. I got 2 width, and 2 long angled. They're good. Ow!" she held her head, "Nothing, its my head. It hurts. OK, let Joel know. Thanks Dave. I hate you right now, but thanks. I'm signing off. Right, bye," she hung up and tossed her cell in her purse.

Her eyes scanned the shelfs for a stapler because her's went missing at the office. She found it and threw it inside. She pushed her chart without looking and crashed into another cart. She looked up and her jaw nearly dropped with drool seeping through. 'Dammit!'

He looked at her, just as "surprised," "Oh, hey! Fancy seeing you here."

'Who is this guy, Simon Cowell? When did he become Madonna?' She cursed softly, "Sh*t! Um, hi. Well, bye," she moved her cart away from his and passed him.

"Wait up, Angelina! Hold on. What's the rush?" he started following her.

"No um rush. Just shopping is all. Why are you following me?" she didn't really want to know, but than again, she was curious.

"Well, I spotted you in here I thought I'd say hi and ask how are you're feeling, you know, since what happened yesterday? I'm surprised you're walking and everything."

She stopped and turned to him with angry pissed off eyes, "Sorry to disappoint you Justin. I'm not pushing myself in a wheelchair to appease you. Excuse me," she whipped around and bolted away from him as far as she can.

'It felt good to say that. He needs someone to b*tch slap him with words. Or shrink that head of his. OK, I think I got everything,' She walked to the express lane for checkout and placed her items on the conveyerbelt.

A hand was placed on her bare shoulder, she turned around, "What?"

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way. I was talking about how quickly you seemed to heal. I'm glad you didn't get seriously hurt. I'm sorry you misread me," he sounded sincere at least.

'OK, the jerk apologized. Be gone with him. Away Wicked Witch of West LA!' "OK, I accept. I gotta go now. Bye," she got her change, picked up her supplies, and started leaving the store.

He made a dash to follow her, "Hey! I don't wanna say bye yet!" he shouted coming to her car.

She closed her door backseat and didn't even turned around, "I'm leaving now, goodbye." she circled the front, opened her door and got in.

He suddenly got a crazy idea and stood behind her car with a goofy smile on his face. 'Hopefully this'll work.'

She turned on the ignition, pulled the gear into reverse, and looked behind her, her heart jumping a million miles a minute, "What the f*ck are you trying to do?" she stared at him in shock.

"Language Miss Jones. I was trying to get you to talk to me but you-" she cut him off.

"By acting like a moron? I could've killed you just now. Don't you realize that?"

"But you didn't. I'm glad you didn't. Something inside you made you stop. You could've ran me over, but you didn't."

She turned off the engine, got out slamming the door, and walked up closer to her annoyance giving him a hard push, "Move or I really will kill you."

He laughed, "You know, for touching me just now, I should really have you deported, but we both know you wanted to touch me so that's a fair enough excuse."

"You're kidding? I wouldn't touch you with a 10 foot pole. You diguist me."

"Some might say its in the double digit inches. I wouldn't exactly say its 10 feet. But thank you."

"Ugh, you're so gross. Move the hell out of my way!" she got closer to him.

God, the sexual heat was thick in the atmosphere. He got closer and backed her against her car. "Make me."

She let out a long breath, "Go away now. I'm warning you I'll--" he cut her off.

"You'll what? What are you going to do?" damn that husky voice.

"What do you want from me?"

"I want us to hang out. Be friends."

"You do NOT wanna be my friend. I don't need a friend now."

"Another one couldn't hurt."

'Yeah, it could. I don't have any.' "Justin please. I don't want anything from you. You don't know me at all. Please move."

"I wanna know you. Why is that so hard?"

"I just can't. There's so much you don't know. If you knew more, you wouldn't care about being my friend. And all the things you did wouldn't matter. Just leave me alone already," she pushed him but he stood firm, holding her arms.

"What don't I know about you? Why don't you let me be the judge of my reaction? Tell me what I don't know?"

'OK, here we go. Defining moment of the show. Save your job or make a friend? I know its the second one, but I just can't take this man hating me. I shouldn't care about what he says, yet I do so much its like an obsession. I have to know what he thinks. No, don't tell. Its for the best. Really, it is.' She looked into his eyes, "Stay away from me," she growled and broke away with all her strength running to her car.

Tears immediately sprung from her scared eyes. She shakily turned on the engine. He appeared at the window, "I can't stay away from you. Tell me what I don't know? Please?" he took her hand from the wheel and kissed it.

She shook her head and stared at him, "No, you would hate me. You would want me dead," her voice, dead serious.

'What is she talking about? Dead?!' His face softened more now, "Oh god, never Angel. Tell me what it is? Tell me?"

'He called you Angel! That bastard! No one calls me that! No one. No one loves me to call me that anymore. F*cking a**hole!' "Go to hell, Justin!" she said through gritted teeth as she pulled her hand away from him, backed up, and drove home.

"Angel, Angelina, wait! Stop! Angel! No! I was so damn close. She won't get away next time. OK, calm. What did she have to tell me that would make her cry? Its gotta be something big. I'm gonna find out and her if it kills me," he trotted back toward his car, determined.

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Fri May 21, 2004 8:30 am

WATCH OUT ANGELINA! MAN ON A MISSION! MAN ON A MISSION!
:sprint:

Justin's not going to rest until he finds out all there is to know about Angelina. Somehow I don't think he'll be lovin' it when he hears what she does for a living. :no:

More please! :please:

Mariah111384
Advanced Member

Postby Mariah111384 » Fri May 21, 2004 12:28 pm

Working on the next part currently. :D :juggle:

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Fri May 21, 2004 1:45 pm

:yay: Thanks for the update status. I'll be looking for the next chapter. :nod:

Mariah111384
Advanced Member

Postby Mariah111384 » Fri May 21, 2004 1:47 pm

Here ya go Paige and everyone!

Chapter 4

She stormed in her office in rage and threw the first thing she saw at Joel’s office door, which was a pencil cup. She had never been so mad in her life. This boy, this man wanted to be her friend and all felt like doing was dying because she was so lonely. She really was. This job restricted her from any social life what so ever. She wanted so badly to say yes. She wanted to just cry when he said "friend." It’s just amazing that she hadn’t exploded on the spot. She collapsed on her knees and started crying her everything out. All the things she had wanted to say were coming through her eyes at the moment.

Joel opened the door and looked down at the torn teenager as he crouched down and tried to hug her. He was shocked beyond words. He had never seen her cry. She was always so strong when given orders. ‘What was wrong that made her cry like this?’ “Angie, what is it? What happened?â€￾

She got so mad and pushed him away with what strength she had left, “Out! I want out of this f*cking project! No more. Find someone else to do this.â€￾

Joel came forward a little worried at the thought, but had a pretty good idea, “He saw you?â€￾ It was more of a statement than a question.

“Yes! He more than saw me. He wants to be my friend, Joel! A friend?! Do have any clue how happy that makes me feel?! F*ck! Finally, someone actually wants to be my friend. I wanted to scream 'yes' over and over but I sacrificed that happiness because of you. Right now, I feel like hurting someone. Don’t even corner me with your stupid threats or rules.â€￾

He sighed and sat down, “I’m not. I know you’re angry. Go home and get some rest. I’m sure if you go rest, you’ll understand why this is for the best—â€￾ she cut him off.

“You and I both know this is NOT the best. I’m f*cking lonely, Joel! Lonely as in no friends! Working for your ass 24/7. And just when I think I can breathe, this freaking cell rings! I don’t feel happy with this. I’m putting my foot down now. I’m being treated like a work-o-holic and it’s just wrong. It’s not fair you do this to me. You know, you’re right, maybe I should take the rest of the day off. How about the rest of my life off? Does that scare you? You’re best rookie actually growing a brain. I won’t be used and tortured as I work for you. I’m 19, going on 40! I’m tired and fed up! I WILL have friends and there’s nothing you can do to stop me!â€￾ She concluded as she stood up, running out of there to her car.

She got in and drove to her house with a plan. She was going to have fun. She was going to live. She was going to have friends. It will all start now. She will have life. She got showered and changed into a much tighter outfit. She didn’t even know she had a great figure. She put on very little make-up. Just some lip-gloss and some light blue shadow. She was ready to go. She hopped into her car and drove to the first club she saw. She parked and stepped up to the front. She had major connections because of Joel at every club in the West LA radius.

She smiled and stepped into the loud club. She made a dash for the bar and ordered a virgin daiquiri. She got it and took a sip looking around at everyone dancing and smiled. ‘Wow, this is what it feels like to actually live. I could get used to this. No more listening to losers about how I should live my life.’ She placed her drink down and stepped onto the dance floor trying to keep up with the song pounding throughout the large club. She looked around and did was everyone else did. She was not a dancer by any means, so it was quite embarrassing. It was fun though and that was important. Suddenly, she felt someone slowly dance against her. Grinding gently as his hands planted themselves on her hips. She smiled and allowed the gesture, ‘Wow, this guy can move.’ Her hand came up and reached to the back of his neck. This guy was a giant to her 5â€￾6 stature. She felt his hips move faster with hers at a steady rhythm. She felt his breathing on her neck, which turned her on and made her feel things she thought had only existed in movies. She suddenly felt his lips on her neck, placing soft, gentle, persistent kisses. ‘Who is this guy? Turned around. Ask his name! Do something!’

“Who’s doing that?â€￾ is what she got out. ‘Wow, that sounded lame.’

He placed another kiss on her jaw and made his way to her ear, tugging a bit with his teeth. He started to say something, “I--â€￾

“J, let’s go now. Elisha’s trashed.â€￾ Another voice interrupted.

‘No, not now, Trace. God, this moment was so perfect. Damn you, Trace!’

‘J? No way, couldn’t be. Could it?’ She turned around and gasped, “You.â€￾ She whispered.

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Fri May 21, 2004 1:54 pm

:jawdrop: THEY MEET AGAIN! I love it. I truly do! :thumbup:

I'm glad that Angelina is stepping up and saying no to Joel and all those other overbearing people she works with. She's very young and deserves to hang out and party with people her own age.

Being burned out at age 19 is not a good thing. :yay: Put your foot down Angelina.

Great update! :clap:

Mariah111384
Advanced Member

Postby Mariah111384 » Sun May 23, 2004 1:48 am

Chapter 5

"Hi," he said shyly.

She just stared him. What was she supposed to think? He was... she was... they were... What was it? The feeling. Those lips... doing things. What the hell? Why? She broke away with wide eyes and ran toward the restroom, he was hot on her tail. "Angelina! Stop!" she closed and locked the door before he got to it. It was a single so he knocked softly, "Open please."

She wasn't ready to see him yet. She didn't have time to think of what she was going to say the next time she saw him. Why is this happening now? Why was he kissing her? Why did she like it? But why? Why him? Why now? Not him. Damn, if he found out who she is. She can't start a friendship with him. No, I can't. "Go away Justin. Just go away."

He sighed deeply as both of his hands found themselves on the sides of the door, "Angel? Please? You felt it. Your "NO" is not gonna make me forget what happened. Angel, open the door. I know you felt something. I know. Something you haven't felt, because you're afraid to love. What I saw out there was girl having fun and being free. You were yourself. Something or someone has made you afraid to be like that. Honestly, would you've let some random guy do that to you? I knew you thought it was me. Just understand please. I'm not gonna stop chasing you until you understand what I'm saying. I wanna be your friend. That's all."

'I do too, but its not that simple. If you knew me, you wouldn't want anything from me. I should just leave.' She wiped her eyes and went to the door opening it. They stared. She moved away. He just watched. His muscles weren't working. All parts were still and faded. She gave him one of those looks that made him want to cry. Her heart was lonely. Didn't take a genius to figure that.

He came forward to her at the bar, watching her. She put the drink to her lips and sipped slowly. "Quit it!" she bit.

"No, I can't. I wanna know what you can't tell me. Please, just tell me. Angelina!" he yelled suddenly.

"Piss off. Just leave me alone. I don't want anything to do with you," she turned her back to him.

He sighed as he took a seat on the stool, thinking about his next words. 'I should just be honest.' "I can't stop thinking about you. It's the truth. I try to get rid of you and here you show up again in my life. I just want you to at least talk to me. Tell me everything, starting from the thing you think I will get mad about."

"Try harder. I want nothing to do with you! Get outta my life already!" she threw some money down, picked up her purse, and leaving for good.

As she swam through the rough crowd she bump roughly into another girl, "Sorry."

"No, its my fault. Hey, do I know you?" the girl asked.

Angelina looked up, staring at the brunette in front of her, shrugging, "No, not really."

The girl than gasped, "Wait, Angie, is that you? It's Marcy K? Remember? Kat, from high school?"

Angie looked a little closer at the person. The eyes, oh my god those eyes. Those catlike eyes. It is her! Her eyes nearly popped out of her sockets as her fogged memory cleared up, "Kat? Oh my god. I can't believe it's you. What are you doing in here?" she gave her a hug.

Kat laughed, "I'm singing. Its open mic night. Are you still singing? You should have a deal by now. Tell me you're singing, Angie."

She laughed the first real laugh in a while. She couldn't believe it, her only best friend from high school was standing flesh and blood next to her. She was the first person to actually believe in her singing. Her parents had wanted her to have a real profession. She wanted to sing, but never got the support that people dream about when they want to do something that they love. She frowned as she bit her lip, "No, Kat. I'm not singing. It was a stupid dream. I'm never going to sing again."

Kat's eyes went huge suddenly, "You're kidding right? Dude, you had the best voice in our choir. I think you should sing with us tonight. Really, I think you should."

Angelina's hands gestured a no, "Oh, no. Never again. I told you. I'm not gonna sing ever."

Kat sighed, annoyed with the girl, "Dude, you're going to sing tonight because I will make you, now come on," she grabbed Angie's wrist and dragged her to the backstage area.

"Kat, you're crazy and f*ck. I'm not gonna sing and that's it!" she stomped her foot pathetically.

"All I heard was blah blah blah blah. Keep talking, you're singing girlie."

"Who's singing?" 'Oh no its him again.'

She turned around to face him. "No one is singing! Go away."

Kat looked up from her sheet music and she stopped. 'Justin Timberlake actually hitting on someone who doesn't want him. Man, where's popcorn when you need it?' "Huh, you guys know each other?"

"No! Yes!" their voices collided strongly.

Angie sighed, angry, "No, I don't know him. He keeps bothering me."

That made him chuckle, "Oh, I hardly call it bothering when I'm only trying to converse with a beautiful lady."

"Go to hell!"

"Wanna join me? They'll let ya in cuz you're hot," he grinned.

"Ugh! Someone get rid of him please! Kat, please do something?" she pleaded with her friend.

Kat was ruffling through some papers with words on them. She was done organizing and turned to face her friend, "Ok, I will doing something about Justin. If you do something for me?"

"What's that?"

"Sing this song, and I'll get rid of him."

Her fist clenched tightly, "WHAT?!"

"Sing this song in front of the whole club."

Justin but in, "You can sing? You DO know I'm a singer and I can help you--"

"Shut up!"

"Look, all I'm saying is if I hear you, and your good I can help you get signed?"

"I don't want anything from you!"

"I can still help you. Come on, I wanna hear you now. Seriously."

She growled as she sat on a chair, burying her face in her hands.

Kat thought of something, and jumped up when she came up with a good idea, "I know. " she came toward Angelina and whispered something in her ear.

Suddenly Angie was smiling, "Really? You sure?"

Kat nodded her head, "Positive. Go on, come on. You want to."

"Ok, only if you're sure." she eyed her.

"Yeah, I am. Its true. Let's go already. Time's awasting."

She smiled, "OK, what song is it?"

"Oh, your fav, Miracle. Remember when you sang that at the May recital? Everybody was so floored. Dude, you rock. Now go kick some ass."

She stood up, "Ok, where do I go?"

"Wait, 'til your called up. Oh, cool. He's talking now. Wait here, I'll go tell him the song."

She nodded and sat back down. Silence flowed through the room until Angie spoke again, "I'm really sorry Justin. I'm sorry I keep pushing you away. I'm sorry I'm just, afraid. I'm afraid of people. I lost trust in so many people. People lie. They hurt you. Psyically and emotionally. I've been used a lot for private ruses. I'm 19 years old, but they make me feel so much older." she confessed softly.

His attention was full on now, "You're only 19? Damn, I thought you were much older. Like in your mid 20s. It's alright. I understand you completely. I just want us to talk, you know?"

"Yeah, I know. I think they're calling me now. I'll see you later, I guess." She smiled a little and got up walking toward the stage.

"Angel?"

She stopped. For some reason, the name, the way he said it, didn't seem that offending. It was like a soft, gentle breeze people dream of. Reposing. Calming. She turned around a little. "Yeah?"

He smiled proudly, "Don't ever let me see you frown cuz I'm starting to fall in love with that smile."

She smiled and waved.

She approached the stage, nervous as hell. It's been a while. The music started with recieving a thumbs up from Kat. 'Here goes nothing.'

How could I throw away a miracle?
How could I face another day?
It's all of my doing
I made a choice
And today I pay
My heart is full of pain
How could you understand
The way I feel?
How could you relate to so much pain?
Seems as though nothing can comfort me
So today I pray
That someone should listen for

Nothing should matter
Not when love grows inside you
The choice is yours
There's a miracle in store
Nothing should matter
A voice of love is crying out
Don't throw love away

How could I let go of a miracle
Nothing could ever take its place
Thought I was looking
Out for myself
Now it seems the pain
Is all that I have gained
I wonder if I could be your miracle
I wonder if I could spare you pain

Seems as though nothing will comfort me
Less today I pray
That you should come listen

Nothing should matter
The choice is yours
Nothing should matter
Don't throw love away

Don't ever throw away your miracle
Don't let it slip away
Nothing should matter

Nothing should matter
The choice is yours
Nothing should matter
Don't throw love away
For you

She was staring at him the whole time, near tears. She tried to hold it back, but it was the truth. All of it. Maybe he was what was missing.

The crowd really loved her and that suprised her. She was smiling and finally happy. Than Kat came on stage and jacked the mic from her hands playfully.

"Wasn't she great yall? Give it up!" the crowd clapped once more, ever louder this time.

When they died down, Kat spoke, "So, I think we need a little more Whitney, what do yall think? Encore?"

A series of woos where heard, especially amoung the man.

Kat turned to Angie, wrapping her arm around her, "What do ya say? You got one more song in ya for everybody?"

Angie couldn't spot Justin, but she was thinking of him at that moment. His face. The picture. Everything that's happened. She smiled again and she thought of a song. She whispered into Kat's ear and she turned to the mic, putting it back on the stand while Kat got out the tape.

'If this doesn't get him to understand me, I don't know what will.' She walked up and spoke into the mike.

"Hey everyone. This next song is a very special song to me. Thank you." As the music peeled out slowly, she closed her eyes and saw his face once again.

I know that when you look at me
There's so much that you just don't see
But if you would only take the time
I know in my heart you'd find
A girl who's scared sometimes
Who isn't always strong
Can't you see the hurt in me?
I feel so all alone

I wanna run to you (oooh)
Won't you hold me in your arms
And keep me safe from harm
But if i come to you (oooh)
Tell me, will you stay or will you run away

Each day, each day i play the role
Of someone always in control
But at night i come home and turn the key
There's nobody there, no one cares for me
What's the sense of trying hard to find your dreams
Without someone to share it with
Tell me what does it mean?

But if I come to you (oooh)
Tell me, will you stay or will you run away?
Run away, no!

I need you here
I need you here to wipe away my tears
To kiss away my fears
No, If you only knew, how much...

But if i come to you (oooh)
Tell me, will you stay, or will you, run, away?

She opened her eyes and caught his. Nothing else matter anymore. Love came before her. That was when she knew that not everything was perfect. She was really ready for this. She can actually be happy. She can maybe be a part of him life. Maybe...

Miracle ~ Whitney Houston

Run To You ~ Whitney Houston

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Sun May 23, 2004 10:03 am

:clap: :yay: I'm so glad that Angie ran into Kat. I think she needed to see her to be reminded of her singing dreams and to realize that she still has her whole life to try to fulfill those dreams and hopes.

Don't give up Angie no matter what anybody says. If you truly have talent, then someone will find you and help you make your dream a reality. :nod: :thumbup:

I'm glad that Angie was showing some positivity and hope at the end of the chapter. If she's honest with Justin, I would think that he would try to understand her and still want to love her.

Great chapter. :nod:

Mariah111384
Advanced Member

Postby Mariah111384 » Sun May 23, 2004 5:21 pm

Thanx a lot. Eh Paige... should I continue? Feels like I'm only asking you, which I kinda am. Its kinda obvious no one besides you seems interested in responding. I'm not trying to sound selfish when I say that and I understand totally that people have lifes but I would like more than one opinion. God, that sounds so bad, sorry. I'm thinking that maybe I will send you the rest of the story via e-mail, if you want to. I feel like an idiot saying that, but its true. This is what sux about when I'm writing, I get great ideas but I'm always stuck in the middle. I don't know, but really, should I continue?

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Sun May 23, 2004 6:18 pm

:thinking: I honestly want you to continue this story. Although I don't personally write stories and post them, I can understand how you're feeling. It probably seems like a waste of time to spend your effort and time on something that no one is going to respond to. :nod:

Well, I just want you to know that you've always got me as a feeback buddy. I think that things often slow down around Abs during the summer b/c people are traveling, out of school, hanging with friends, and not hanging around on the computer, in general. I think a lot of our writers are going to experience a dip in the feedback levels they were used to in prior months. It sucks, but like you said, people have lives. Also, I know a lot of people limit how many stories they read b/c they get confused with characters and plot lines. :shrug:

I support your decision on whatever you decide to do. If you just want to send the story to me through email, that's quite alright with me. If you want to continue to post it, I will still continue to read and leave feedback.

One thing that might help you make your decision is that even though you aren't getting a lot of feedback, there are probably tons of people on the Net reading your stuff. They might not be registered users, but I'm sure they're enjoying your story just the same.

Keep that head up mami and don't give up on your writing! :thumbup:

Beach_Babe05
Advanced Member

Postby Beach_Babe05 » Sun May 23, 2004 7:30 pm

SORRY!!!! i've been busy.. pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeee keep writing!!! i love this story!!

Mariah111384
Advanced Member

Postby Mariah111384 » Sun May 23, 2004 11:17 pm

Paige, you rock. Thanx, I can always count on you. :D Its cool. I'm just getting off of PMS now, so I apologize for being a biatch. I'll continue with the story here I guess. ;)

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Mon May 24, 2004 8:23 am

Yay! I'm happy that you are continuing with the story. :yay: :D

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Tue May 25, 2004 4:20 pm

dont stop writing...the thing is that you update so often that i fall behind and can't ever catch up until the weekends so thats when most of my feedback is gonna come cause i can't read fanfics every single day so when you update everyday i fall behind...but don't stop your story cause I'm loving it!

Mariah111384
Advanced Member

Postby Mariah111384 » Tue May 25, 2004 6:12 pm

OK:D I honestly was PMSing that day so I apologize. I just have school and finals so I'll let u guys know when I update. Preferably after all my finals or sooner than u think. Sorry I update so much too. Its just as I'm writing I have certain days where I jus git ideas and I wanna write them down and show it so I won't be so frequent when I update. Sorry again if I had sounded needy and desperate. Thanx for reading. Be on the lookout for the next chap soon. :P ;)

sexyirishgurl
Supreme Member

Postby sexyirishgurl » Wed May 26, 2004 9:18 am

this story is really amazin ur a great writer dont stop please me n my mates r lovin this story it rox lol

Mariah111384
Advanced Member

Postby Mariah111384 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:23 pm

Hey guys! The rest of the updates for the story will be here: :D

nsyncfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1608http://www.nsyncfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1608

Return to “Fan Fiction”