Heart Of Music

Mariah111384
Advanced Member

Postby Mariah111384 » Tue May 25, 2004 11:29 pm

This is a new one. Sorry, I got like so many new ideas lately and I just wanna write them down and see what you think. I will finish the other two stories soon. Hope you like it. If you don't, keep it to yourself. J/k, happy reading! :D

The Heart Of Music

Chapter 1

Jewel had started her third year fall semester of 2004. Just 3 weeks into the class and she loves it every time because of the chill people in the music department. She loved going to school because of the music teacher Mr. Parnell. He kind looks like a mix between Jack Nickolson and Santa Claus. Just looking at him, made the class giggle. He was such a funny teacher, but he would get serious when it came to singing. He has a brilliant voice. One of the best she had heard in her life. Today in class it was different. He asked the class to be an extra 10 minutes early. Everyone understood but Jewel it seemed. She had a nasty rep for coming late.

As she arrived in the parking lot, she parked, and jumped out of her chair furiously. She knew she was late and busted. Just like any lovely teacher, he hates it when his students come late. Especially when he asks them to come on time. She ran past the hall and turned the corner. She spotted the door and ran toward it, opening it slowly. 'There's no way I can pull this off. He's gonna have my head.'

She tiptoed to her seat and sat down next to her best friends Faith and Sam. Thank the Lord the teacher had his back turned around. 'Score! I'm safe.' She did a little victory dance in her head as she sighed in relief, turning to Faith, "What's up, girl?"

She laughed, "Damn dude, you were so freaking close. Parnell could've ripped into ya big time. Nothing much, Walter keeps pissing about this song he wants me to sing in front of the class, but I don't wanna."

Jewel laughed, this was typical Faith. Excuses, excuses. "Well, I think Walter is right. This is a singing class, ya know?"

She scoffed, "He always does this. Ah hate it. I just have this stupid fear of singing solos. Anyhoo, what song are you singing for the quiz? Sam told me you were gonna sing Beautiful? Any truth?"

"True story. I love that song. Dwight is so b*tchin! He's the best piano dude eva! So, why did Parnell want us to meet so early?" Jewel took out her fruit punch Gatorade and took a long sip.

"Ah, he didn't tell us. He's acting like giddy weirdo suddenly. He said something about being on our best behavior cuz a special guest will be joining us. Whatever, I'm tired man. I'm gonna sleep through this whole thing. Wake me when something good occurs," she closed her eyes.

She shrugged, "Alright, doubt it. Have a good sleep. I'll wake ya when I sing."

"Dealio. Be quiet now," she smiled as she got more comfy in her cramped seat.

Jewel giggled, "Oh boy. I wish I could just sing right now." She turned to the brunette boy next to her, "Sam, you falling asleep too?"

He yawned, "Kinda. This betta be important to wake up this early for. I think Parnell's hiding a body or something. Wake me when I'm good and ready, would ya? And when ya sing?" he closed his eyes too.

"Great, everybody's falling asleep on me. Damn this morning! I'm so freaking tired. What the hell is he doing?"

Walter whispered in her ear, "He's getting our music and waiting for the new teacher's aid to come. That's all I heard."

She turned around with curious eyes, "What? We have a TA? When did Parnell get so diva all of a sudden? Who is this guy or girl?"

"It's a guy, that's what he said," Alexis piped into the conversation.

"Well, well. Now, I'm wide awake. Who is this guy that made us get up early so we could meet him?"

Alexis smiled, showing her dimples, "It might be him," she nodded her head in the direction of the back of some tall guy's head talking softly with Parnell.

All Jewel could see was the back of the guy's head. Her eyes traveled to his rear. 'Nice.' He looked tall, extremely tall. Maybe like 6 "2 or taller. He was dressed in kakis and a very tasteful polo shirt. Even his back was attractive. His black curly hair made her hands hungry to run through them. She hadn't even seen his face yet, but damn, she could wait all day for that.

Parnell faced the class as the curly haired man placed his shoulder bag on the chair with his back still turned to the class. Jewel licked her lips watching his every move. 'Turn your fine ass around dammit! I wanna see your face. Turn--' Parnell interrupted her thinking.

"Class, we have a new TA here with us. Please welcome Mr. Randell, is it? Justin Randell. What should the class refer to you by would you prefer?"

Justin turned around and smiled. "Mr. Randell or Mr. R. is fine with me," he replied very softly.

'Anything is fine with you, sexy.' Jewel eyed him closely.

"That'll be quite alright. Class, make Mr. Randell feel welcome. He will take roll while I carry on with copying your new music. Can you handle them, Justin?"

"Yes, Dennis. Don't worry about it. Is this the sheet?" he pointed to the green grid paper in the binder folder.

"Yeah, I'll be back. Try to stay alive, they don't bite... hard," he smiled a little.

Justin laughed, "Thanks for the warning, Dennis."

Parnell turned to the class, "OK kiddies, Santa will be back. Treat his new helper like you treat me."

The class giggled as Parnell left to make copies.

Justin cleared his throat a couple times while the class stared at him. Wow, this class was large. 'Oh, well, first impression, don't forget J. You're Justin Randell now. Pull it together.' "OK everyone, when you hear your name being called say you're here," he began reading the roster.

"Oh my god!" Jewel whispered loudly, she smacked Faith awake.

"What the hell? What gives? Orlando Bloom was just about to shag me. This betta be important," she rubbed her eyes.

She shook her head, "I don't wanna know. The freaking TA is a foxarama! Look at him!" she pointed to him sitting down reading.

Faith sat up and her eyes nearly bulged out of her sockets, "Dude, who is that? Ghetto man..."

Jewel giggled, "His name is Justin Randell and he's f*ckin' hot. I'd blow him real good."

Faith hit her elbow, "You b*tch! I dare ya to flirt with him. Do it."

"What do I get?"

"I'll burn anything you want."

"Anything huh? OK, you're on."

Justin read the next name, "Jewel Robbins?" his head lifted off the sheet for a second.

She raised her hand, "I'm right here, Mr. R." she winked, smiling.

He smiled a little, nodding as he went to the next name.

Jewel turned to Faith and laughed, "Damn, did you see that smile? Oh god, that sexy smile."

"You're crazy."

"I know, but its fun as hell."

As soon as Justin finished the names, he closed the binder and just sat. Jewel was getting impatient. She worked several hours with Dwight on her song and she wanted to sing so bad. She couldn't take waiting anymore, so she raised her hand. She cleared her throat loudly and that made Justin look up and speak, "Yes, Jewel is it?"

She put her hand down, "Uh, yeah. Do you think I can sing my solo now?"

"Uh, well, OK sure. You brought your music?"

She waved it up, "Yep, right here."

"Miss. Robbins actually has her music, be still my heart. You deserve 5 gold stars my dear. Go sing your song and quite bothering me already." Parnell's mock voice was heard as he opened the door and walked to a sit down in the audience seats.

Justin laughed along with the rest of the class. His attention was now focused on Jewel. He thought she was gorgeous, but can she sing? He would find out very soon.

Jewel gave her sheet music to Dwight and stepped toward the mic, "OK, everyone, blood, sweat, and Dwight went into this one. I hope you like it. It's called Beautiful by Christina Aguilera. Lyrics and music by Linda Perry. Dwight?" she looked at him for the cue.

As the 4 bar intro played up, Jewel began singing her trademark riffs to warm her voice up a little while keeping the right key. She caught Justin eyeing her closely. Very closely. She felt so much heat from his intense stare, she felt like jumping him right there but that first verse came up.

Everyday, is so wonderful
Than suddenly, it's so hard to breathe
Now and then, I get insecure
From all the pain
I feel so ashamed

But I am beautiful, no matter what they say
Words can't bring me down
I am beautiful, in every single way
Yes, words can't bring me down, oh no
So don't you bring me down, today

To all your friends, you're delirious
You're so consumed in all your doom
Trying so hard, to fill the emptiness
The pieces are gone, left the puzzle undone
Ain't that the way it is?

Cuz you are beautiful, no matter what they say
Words can't bring you down
You are beautiful, in every single way
Yes, words can't bring you down, oh no
So don't you bring me down, today oh

No matter what we do
No matter what we say
We're the song inside the tune
Full of beautiful mistakes
And everywhere we go, the sun will always shine
For tomorrow we might wake on the other side

Cuz we are beautiful, no matter what they say
Yes, words won't bring us down
We are beautiful, in every single way
Yes, words, they can't bring us down, oh no
So, don't you bring me down, today

Ohhhh, don't you bring me down today
Yeaaaaaaaah, mmmmh, ohh
Don't you bring me down, mmmh today

Beautiful ~ Christina Aguilera :D

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Wed May 26, 2004 7:41 am

:yay: Jewel picked the best song ever for her solo. Gosh, I :wub: that song so much. Sounds like a fun class she's in. :nod:

Woo woo for Mr.R. ;) I'd take him as the TA anyday. Actually, I wouldn't be able to concentrate, so that probably wouldn't be the best idea, but I would be having a lot of fun just staring at him.

Another great story, Audrey.

Don't leave us hanging. MORE! :)

Mariah111384
Advanced Member

Postby Mariah111384 » Wed May 26, 2004 11:09 am

I got one more chapter I finished yesterday so I'm putting 2 up now. Thanx!:D

Chapter 2

She sighed as she sung the last note. She could have done so much better. She hated not sounding perfect. She worked so hard. Still, that didn't seem to faze the class much. They loved her performance. She always sounded great, but not perfect. She wanted Mariah Carey's voice. She always felt she wasn't good enough with each song she sang. She judges her performance like Simon Cowell. She sounded absolutely dreadful. But, she was a good actress and put on a smile for the crowd in a "thank you." Still didn't make her feel better, but she didn't wanna show how ungrateful she was. Their opinions did matter, but hers was the one she lives for. If she hated it, she always felt horrible about herself no matter how much she pushed.

As the clapping slowed down, Justin was trying to organized his thoughts. He was in love with this girl. The voice. The power. The support. She could make Mariah, Whitney, and Christina all cry in the same room with having heard that voice. Damn, she was amazing. Just pure amazing talent. Not only was she beautiful, but she sounded that too. Her voice, what a set of lungs on this girl. If only Johnny was sitting next to him. He'd do anything to get this girl signed. She left him speechless in a long time. She weakened him with just one song. Just one. This was it. She was the girl Johnny was talking about. He found his talent. Now, if he could talk to her, that would be great.

"Amazing Jewel. Stunning as usual. Tell me again why you're not signed with anyone?" Parnell asked.

Jewel turned into her modest self, "I'm not ready for that stuff yet. That's for me to know," she giggled along with the rest of the class.

"Oh you're so nice when you say that. Who's next?"

Jewel grabbed her music and thanked Dwight as she went back to her seat. As the next singer, Francis come up with his guitar and strummed a few loose chords, she felt eyes on her. Instinct told her to turn her head to the left. His eyes were burning a whole in her head and she shivered under them. 'Gotta pull it together. Don't look at him.' She forced her head toward Faith. Faith had a goofy smile on her face.

"What?"

"You freaking like him, you b*tch!" she gasped.

Jewel gaped, "Please, sure he could make good lay but no, I do not like him. I don't know him, moron."

Faith shrugged, "Whatever, you know you do. I saw the staring when ya thought I was sleeping. You guys have a staring thing going on. You want more than that ass."

"La la la, I don't care. I don't know anything about him. Drop it," she propped her chin on her palm very bored.

"I know I'm right. You don't need to thank me for making you see. It's a matter of time before you see it."

Jewel yawned as she closed her eyes. She couldn't help feeling so tired. She stayed up late for her history midterm later in the day. When Francis finished, everyone clapped. His voice needed tweaking in Jewel's opinion, but other than that, the boy had BB King rhythm. He was the class clown. Actually, scratch that, Sean was the clown in the bunch, Francis was Vice President. Everyone always had a great time laughing and having fun, but when music came into the picture, focus and concentration were the key titles.

Jewel glanced on her cell for the time and it read 8:48am. 'Oh Lord, 12 minutes. What can I do with 12 minutes? I need to go take a leak first and reapply the gloss.' She walked up toward Parnell while the next singer was getting ready.

"Parnell, I'll be back, I need ta use the restroom."

"Come back when you used the potty. No ditching."

She laughed, "You know me."

He turned around and eyed her seriously, "Yeah, I do. Now, go away, you're bothering me."

"OK, kumbayah. Love you Parnell." she looked at Justin and caught him laughing a little.

Her eyes pinched together in a Renee Zellwegger gesture, "Something funny, Mr. Randell?"

'Oh god, she's speaking. OK, don't flug this up cuz you want her to work for you.' He looked up and smiled, "No, nothing funny."

"Thought so," she winked and turned up towards the stairs swinging her hips when she walked out the door.

He laughed shortly. 'Well, least she's funny. I can work with funny, and beautiful. Maybe that's the way to talking to her. Piece of cake.' He sat down in his seat next to the Parnell's podium.

Jewel came back, gloss fixed and all and sat in her seat. Sam and Faith were both asleep. 'Figures.' She started twirling a piece of her long golden stricken raven hair as the next singer was getting advice from Parnell. Parnell is so animated when he talks. Amusing sometimes. She took out her notebook and began writing a song. She was in a pretty giddy mood, so she wrote a funny one. When she finished writing a few stanzas, Parnell made an announcement.

"OK, children, next meeting we'll get to the new song cuz we ran out of time today. Have a good day and don't eat yellow snow," the class got up and began piling out.

Jewel was the first one out, waiting for her reposed friends to come. When they did, Jewel remembered she forgot something and ran back in. The class was empty so she went to Parnell's office. She needed to get the new music they were going to practice next week. She saw his desk chair was turned away looking at something in the shelf.

She knocked on the door, "Yo, Parnell. I need me some sheet music prontito."

The chair turned to reveal Justin seating in the chair smirking, "What was that, Jewel?"

'God, he knows my name already. This guy is gonna be trouble.' "I need the new music Parnell copied? Do you have it, Mr. Randell?"

He smiled, "Why yes I do," he took the xeroxed copy out of the black folder and held it out.

When she reached for it, he backed it away playfully, he grinned like a boy, 'Timberlake charm. Nobody resists.' "You didn't say please, Jewel."

She scoffed tired. She liked being funny. Not now. Now was not a good day. She missed hours of sleep because of this guy. Now, she feels like resting, "Please, Mr. Randell. I don't have time for this."

He nodded, noting she didn't look too good when she said that and handed her the stapled sheet music. She took it and turned away from the office. She had to get out of there fast. Like fast. His voice stopped her legs against her will.

"You sounded amazing today. I've never heard singing that great in forever."

'But it wasn't perfect, jackass.' She turned around, giving a thin smile and nodding her heard. She did that whenever someone would comment on her sing even though it was so bad. 'He's being nice. Don't listen.' "Thank you," she said softly, not really knowing what to answer. Suddenly she couldn't movie. Something stopped her legs. It was what she heard next that made her cringe.

"I mean it. You're better than any singer with a record deal. You have natural talent, Jewel," he stepped closer to her.

This advance scared her, she back away quickly, "Um, thank you. I really gotta go now. Bye Mr. Randell."

"Wait! Don't forgot you're beautiful."

'What?! Who does this guy think he is?' "What?!" she turned around again with shocked eyes.

Justin smacked his head dumbly, "Oh, sorry that came out wrong. You left you're sheet music for Beautiful here," he picked it up from the piano bench.

'Idiot. I'm so stupid. How could I leave that there? I thought I took it.' She giggled nervously as she came down and took her music from his, hands, brushing his fingers accidentally, "Thanks a lot. Well, bye," she turned around, this time actually trying to leave for good. Too much contact with this guy, not good. Not good.

His voice suddenly had powered on it's own, "Just because I didn't mean to say that you're beautiful, doesn't mean I didn't mean it when it was said."

She froze. 'No, don't turn around. Leave. Now!' She pushed her body out the door and ran to meet her friends. Hopefully still waiting there.

Justin covered his face in embarrassed, "Nice going J. Keep going this way. You'll blow your cover."

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Wed May 26, 2004 1:37 pm

Wooo wee, these two are sweating each other real bad. :nod: I wonder how they plan to make this teacher/student thing work cuz we all know that they're gonna get together. That's how it works in fan fiction. ;) :lol: Guy gets girl and vice versa. LOL!

Great chapter. B)

Mariah111384
Advanced Member

Postby Mariah111384 » Wed May 26, 2004 5:01 pm

Chapter 3

Jewel couldn't sleep that night. His face was burning her mind. Making her tired and delirious. She felt straggled when she was around him. The morning of Monday was more than she can handle. She would have to see him again. Hear his voice. Watch him lick his lips in thought. This--whoever this is, was driving her nuts. Why does she care he called her beautiful? Why did it sound so profound? It's been so long sense someone actually came out and said those words. She knew she wasn't ugly, but it felt that way sometimes with her peers. But god, the way it was said coming from his mouth, she wanted to melt or cry or do something to unbolt those hidden emotions.

As she got ready for her day she begun reading the local paper. Her eyes could barely focus on the words. She sipped her french vanilla coffee and closed her eyes for a moment. Her cell interrupted her sort of slumber. She picked it up and clicked it on. "What up? Yeah Faithie, I'm alright. Tired. Yeah, the movie was fun. I don't feel like driving, could ya be a sucka and pick a lonely girl up? My back hurts for some ungodly reason too. Yeah, OK. See ya babes," she hung up and stood up toward her couch.

She decided to take a short nap, but before she could close her eyes, her doorbell rang, "No, make it go away. Soilence oh one who is bothering me. Oh, god," she dragged herself off the couch, grabbing her school bag, and opening the door to meet Faith waiting inside her 2000 blue Hybrid.

Jewel got in tiredly and buckled her seatbelt. "Hey. I'm tired. Don't ask you don't wanna know."

Faith shrugged as she started to drive to school, "Aight, cool. Sam's sick today. Poor baby didn't come with us yesterday either. He said something like a cold so he's out."

"Aw, Sammy's sick. He's always sick."

"Yeah, he is and he knows it too. Sucks man, we were gonna sing that duet in class today."

"What were you gonna sing?"

"Uh, 'One Sweet Day' I think. Sucks assholes he won't be there, but someone will be. A certain Mr. R. a.k.a. lova boy. Damn, that boy is FINE."

Jewel scoffed, 'Not again,' "Dude, let it go already. Don't say his name again."

"OK fine. I got a few more in me for later. Ah coolness, I love coming early, you get the bestest parking man."

Jewel smirked, "You're so weird dude."

"Yeah, people love me that way," she parked and they both got out walking to the class.

Jewel dropped her notebook along with some loose pieces of paper on the floor. To make matters worse, it was windy. She can't lose them. She poured her heart and soul into those songs when she wrote them. She told Faith to meet her inside as she gathered up what she could before any flew away. She checked her pile by counting the pages. She was missing one out of the 10 she carried. She place her bag down on the papers to hold them still so they won't fly away and started looking for the missing page.

"Is this what you were looking for?" Justin's voice snapped her head around.

There he was. Standing with her words. Words she wrote about him. Her eyes widened as she realized he still had it in his hand. She ran over to him and grabbed the paper haughtily, "Thanks," she turned to her bag pack and stuffed the paper in its place.

She started to go in but he spoke again, "Are you singing again, Jewel?"

"Yes, I am Mr. Randell." she didn't say another word as she walked into the class with him watching and followed her inside.

Jewel took her usual seat and leaned her head back closing her eyes. She felt a nudge on her right side and opened her eyes to Faith grinning from ear to ear. She was looking at something over her shoulder and slight nodded her head. Jewel didn't follow, raising her eyebrow in question. Finally she gave up, "What?"

"I think she's talking about me, Jewel." 'Oh god no.'

Her turned slowly and her heart jumped out of her chest at a kneeling Justin next to her. She composed herself and put on the fake smile she honed, "Yes, Mr. Randell?"

"Sorry, I scared you. Um, you ran away so fast I forgot to give you something."

She was not following on bit, "Give me something? Like what?"

He pulled a small familiar cell phone when behind his back, "This. I think its yours, right"

She took it and smiled, "Yeah, it is. Thank you," she turned back away to face her right.

"So, what song are you going to sing next?"

She sighed and didn't bother moving her head as she answered, "I think you'll just have to be suprised like everyone else Mr. Randell."

He chuckled, "I see. OK, than. I'm sure you'll do great. See ya." he got up and went to the office.

'Finally, curly has left me. Now, I must sleep.'

Just when she was about to actually fall asleep, Faith shook her awake, "Dude, wake up. Parnell has cometh."

Her eyes opened reluctantly as she sat up, "OK, I'm up."

Parnell stood in front of his podium and started talking, "OK, people. Everyone get out "The Joys Of Love." I love french. Dwight, pick up to measure 5. Everyone, together now," the music stated. "The Joys of love..." he started singing but stopped as the class continued on.

E'er swiftly do depart
It's sorrows bitter through a lifetime prove

Parnell didn't like the sound he was hearing so his voice stopped them, "OK, stop! Everyone hold on. Dwight, hold on a sec." Dwight stopped.

"Has anyone been to the website and seen the music? It's there people. If you have Quicktime, you can download the music. Count people. My god, that was horrible. OK, Dwight again. This time, people try and sing out more. Sopranos I need more from support from you. You're always the melody. Basses, wake up please. Altos and tenors are the only ones doing things right. Now, let's go again. Sopranos, remember sing out." Parnell nodded his head to Dwight for the cue and he played.

Jewel felt like she was dying of something. Her eyes felt so heavy and she just wanted to sleep the whole time. Since she was in the Soprano group she had to sing out and be awake. She was their strongest singer. Right now, she felt like the weakest ever. She can't be sick. She analyzed all the possibilities she had. She came up empty. She couldn't stand it anymore. 'Maybe the nurse would know.' She nodded to that as she got up in the middle of the class switching songs and walked over to Parnell's desk, trying to wake up also. She sighed as she rubbed her eyes going in exhaustion.

"Parnell, I don't feel so great. Can I go to the office?"

Parnell looked up from his folder with concerned eyes, "You alright, sweetie?"

"Yeah, I need just need to go to the office. I'll be back."

He understood, "Don't worry. Take as much time as you need."

She smiled weakly as she went back to gather her things and walk out the door toward the nurse.

As she was walking she suddenly fell down. Her muscles weren't working at all. She heard foot steps behind her as she tried to get up. The footsteps were faster. She tried to get up again, but no success. Why couldn't she get up? Someone knelt next to her. She could feel the person immensely. She turned around. 'Why is he doing this to me? Feels like I'm in one of those bad farytales.'

Justin in her eyes, "Are you alright? Can you stand?"

She shook her head. She didn't have any energy to do much else, "No, I can't."

He licked his lips and held out his hand, "Here, let me help you."

She sighed. 'Oh what a picture. I bet this gimp act is amusing him terribly.' She through her BS aside and put her hand in his and tried to stand, but couldn't so she feel down again accidentally pulling him on top. His face had never been that close. There was something in those big brown eyes that spoke silent words. Something not right. They had all different colors in them. She thought she had spotted an azure-like color. Justin climbed off her and tried to pick her up now in his arms. Her eyes looked into his as her hands came to his neck as he carried her to the office. She started falling asleep again. He reached the door, putting down a little to open it and carried her to the couch. Laying her softly on it.

She opened her eyes a little, "What's going on?"

He took her hand and looked at her. Getting lost in those brown spirals, "You're gonna be OK. Stay here."

"No! Where are you going?"

"I'm going to get a nurse for you. Just rest. I'll be right back," he moved some of her dark hair away from her eyes and went to the front desk.

"Mr. Randell, is there a problem?" the receptionist asked.

"I have a student here and she's not feeling very well. Can you send a nurse here, it's urgent?"

"Right away."

He smiled his thanks and went to seat next to Jewel. She felt like that. A precious, fragile girl. Now, she was weak and she looked extremely tired. Hopefully its just sleep. 'God, I hope that's all it is,' she was now sleeping peacefully.

Later on as the nurse examined her, she diagnosed as fatigue. 'Thank god.' Justin stared at the nurse than back at Jewel, "Does she go home?"

The nurse nodded, "Yes, she needs to go to bed as soon as possible because her body is immobile and not responding. She needs sleep immediately. That's all it is."

"OK, thanks so much Karen."

"No problem, Justin. Doing my job. Take care of her."

"I will," he went toward Jewel and shook Jewel gently.

Jewel opened her eyes, "Mr. Randell, what's going on?"

He smiled softly, 'God, she looks so innocent', "You're going home now. The nurse said its best."

She nodded and tried to sit up. Least she could do that but her body was so tired, she couldn't stand. 'Damn, why can't I walk? I gotta try.' She tried to walk but fell over again but Justin caught her before she hit the ground.

"I think I'm gonna carry you, OK?"

If she wasn't this tired she's say hell no, but he was her only transportation at the moment, "Alright." he gathered her up again and carried her to his car outside the school. He brought her shoulder bag in and placed her body in the front seat. He lowered the seat recliner back a little. Her eyes ere still closed and her breathing was even. She was asleep again. 'Poor thing.' He buckled her up and closed the door.

He opened his door and got in turning on the engine. He started drove out of the parking lot when he remembered that he had no clue where she lived. He hit the steering wheel, "Damn! I don't want to wake her either. She needs the rest." He looked at her from the corner of his eye. There was always only place he could think of at the moment.

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Wed May 26, 2004 5:56 pm

:wub: Aww, that's very sweet of Justin to offer to take her back to his place to rest. I hope he doesn't get any funny ideas in his head. No hanky panky business Mr. R. :nono: ;)

Justin sure is intent on getting to know her better. If he wasn't so sexy, I think Jewel would be majorly freaked out. But his hot body makes up for the stalker tendencies. :lol:

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Fri May 28, 2004 8:36 pm

whoa I'm loving this story as usual...i always love your stories man!! Mr. Randell...so Justin's a scout for Johnny now huh? interesting :nod:

I wonder where he's taking her back to...probably his house but is that such a good idea? Afterall i mean hes only the TA and they shouldn't be taking students home :shrug: oh well :lol:

It would be soo cute if they dated but i doubt that will happen lol MORE PLEASE!

Mariah111384
Advanced Member

Postby Mariah111384 » Sun May 30, 2004 5:22 pm

Chapter 4

"Yes, Dennis. She's alright. She was tired. Yes, Karen said I should take her home. I apologize for leaving like that, but Jewel was in need of help. She could barely walk when I found her. OK, I'll let her know ASAP. Thanks a lot. Bye." Justin hung up the phone and went into his kitchen getting anything with alcohol in it.

Jewel stirred slightly in the vast bed. She licked her lips still dreaming a little. Her eyes ever so slowly opened and blinked a couple times. She turned on her side and tried to go back to sleep. Damn, she has this habit of waking up and taking forever to fall back asleep. She groaned inawkwardly, rubbing her eyes fully awake now. She was confused. When did she fall asleep? Her eyes looked about the room. 'Huh, weird. This ain't my room.'

She got up and noticed her heals on the floor. She put them on and walked out of the room. She came to the hallway and noticed there were pictures of a boy with sandy blond curly hair. The boy had the most endearing blue eyes she'd ever seen. She turned down the hallway. It was so beautiful. She found the bathroom and smoothed out her hair in the mirror. She heard a faucet running downstairs and her eyes crossed slightly. "Who is that?" She went down the stairs to found out.

Justin finished rinsing off the mug and put it in the dish rack to dry. How was he gonna pull this off with Jewel? He's found what he's looking for but its gonna be hard to get through to her. She's quite the spitfire. That'll be a problem. How was he gonna work with someone like that? It's definitely a challenge. He just hopes to god that she never finds out who he really is. Everything would be ruined. He's TA Justin Randell, not Pop star Justin Timberlake. His cell phone rang and he answered it.

"Yeah? Hey Mama. Yes, I have. I'm livin' with it. Its different. Johnny wasn't kidding. It's going quite well. Um, actually there's this girl with this amazing voice, Jewel. Yes," He looked around before he responded. "She's gorgeous, Mama. So beautiful. Especially when she sang that song. That voice. She has the best voice I've ever heard. She appears a little self-conscious about it but that's OK. Yeah, she's 19. When are you coming by again? Alright, I love you too. Bye Mama," he clicked off and sighed.

"I didn't notice you had an accent Mr. Randell." Jewel's voice made his body whip around to face her.

He blushed. 'Damn, how could I slip like that. Oh, well, think of something smart.' "Yeah, that was my mom, back home. How are you feeling?"

She yawned a little. Tired was revealing from the nap. "I'm feeling rested. Thank you for letting me rest in your house. Not that I'm not grateful but, isn't this against policy last time I checked?" she raised a curious eyebrow.

He laughed, "I realize, but I had no clue where you lived so I brought you here. I hope you didn't get scared. I just didn't know what to do and I didn't want to wake you."

She shook her head and sat down at the table, "Thank you," she said softly.

"Of course, I was really worried when I saw you leave the classroom. When you fell, I knew something was wrong."

"So, you really carried me to the office and to your car? And to your bed?" she laughed.

"I did what I needed to do. I'm glad you're feeling better. Would you like something to eat or to drink?"

'NO, leave this place now.' She got up, "No thank you. I should really get home and sleep. I'm still feeling not that great. I feel like I'm-" her words were cut off as she began to fall to the ground weakly, but she was scooped up by his arms. Her eyes opened to his.

Something happened. She saw something. Something she couldn't explain. She could feel it. God, she can feel it. Than she noticed his eyes. They always seemed to change colors. He suddenly picked her up and carried her to his couch, laying her gingerly on top, never breaking the stare. The stare. God, it was powerful. Two people. They were just two people. Searching for their ways. How did it come here? Was it really here? In their eyes? Could it be somewhere buried in the depts of hidden walkways. This was beyond breaking the law, even a kiss wouldn't compare with the intensity of the eyes. Eyes that bore into your very soul. Leaving no trace unseen. No squandering. Everything revealed. Pieces fitting. Birds flying in beauty. Making sense of all confusion. OH MY GOD! There is was! The friend. The lover. The song. The melody. The breath. The treasure. The prince. The princess. The savior. The mind. Their leaning forward was forgotten until-

Her Cell phone rang. Jewel sighed as she picked it up, closing her eyes, which gave Justin a way to come back to the world of now, backing off his knees and leaned against the wall.

"Hello? Hey. I'm alright. Sorry. No, not now. Yeah, later I will be. I have a ride, its cool. OK, see you later. Bye Faith," she hung up as her head leaned back on the couch pillow.

The room was dead silent, except for the breathing and vast amounts of it. They were both terrified. Scared to the core of what had almost happened. That didn't matter when she was about to do it. Never crossed her mind. Hearts went foremost and it made her feel liberated. He's a TA. She shouldn't be thinking that about him. She should just leave. She got up but damn, she still can't walk. Was this a sign? 'No way. Move legs. Get up, get out of there.'

"sh**! I still can't walk Mr. Randell. I really need to get home," she hugged her shoulders.

He finally was hip to the fact that she was talking, "Oh, um, I can carry you to the car. Come on," he went toward her and calmly picked her up and carried her outside. She watched as he licked those amazing lips. Tormenting her on purpose. She had almost felt them against hers. Almost. Almost doesn't count. She needed those lips. They were poison to her mind but she needed them. He leaned her against the car to open the door and placed her in. She looked at him and than turned away.

"Thank you."

"No prob." he came around and got in the driver's seat turning on the engine.

Again, so much silence took place. The only thing that wasn't silent was when he asked her where she lived. Suddenly one of his songs was heard on the radio. He smiled a little ad decided to ask her, "You like this song."

"No, I don't," her voice, monotone.

He frowned. He was looking for some ego stroking. Not everybody has to like him and his music but he wanted to know her reason regardless. "Why not?"

She sighed heavily. "Because the singer singing the song is a joke."

He was amused, "A joke? Why do you say that?"

'Do I really wanna discussed my complete hatred for this guy to him?' "The way he presents himself is immoral. He's too perfect. He puts himself out there like he doesn't have any flaws. Except for that "wardrobe malfunction." That was a genius line. That had me rolling on the floor," she giggled, despite herself.

"Well, there are so many opinions when it comes to that. Maybe it was an accident," he defended a little.

She scoffed, "Please, I've seen both Model Behavior and Poetic Justice, the first one out of curiosity and sympathy for the kid. Those guys are NOT great actors. It was totally planned, I just know it. And he totally showed his true age blaming it all on Janet. No honor in that. He should've taken responsibility for what happened."

"He did apologize. I think that counts. Sounds like you don't really like the guy that much," he laughed.

"When it comes to being human, than no. Like I said, the guy is a joke," her hand rested under her chin as she stared out the window. Just waiting for the car to stop so she can sprint out of there.

'You almost kissed that joke.' "I see. Which house is it?"

"Uh, two on your left. You can stop here," the car pulled to where Jewel was pointing to.

She unbuckled and turned to him, "Thanks for what you did. Nobody would have done that for someone they barely know. I'll see ya Mr. Randell."

"Justin!"

"What?"

He laughed, when he realized that sounded bad, "Um, you can call me Justin. We're not in the classroom. You can call me that."

She laughed and got her bag, "As long as you talk in that southern accent, I call you whatever you want me to. My uncle's from the South. I love those accents. Anyway, thanks again... Justin. Have a good day," she opened the door and waved as she turned to her front door.

He smiled widely when she walked in, but his mind telling him to wipe it off. 'That's a no no. She's a student. Bad, very bad. You're a 23-year-old man on a job assignment. Get your head out of the gutter before its too late. Thank god for that call. I could've f**ked up big time. Damn, listen to me, it is already too late.'

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Sun May 30, 2004 5:53 pm

Yikes, I think Justin's ego would be quite bruised after that car ride, but Jewel speaks her mind, so I'll give her credit for that. She's definitely no ass kisser. :lol:

Again, I commend Justin for taking her home and making sure that she was okay. Not many people want to take time and help out a person in need. :thumbup: :clap:

Great update. :hug:

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Sun May 30, 2004 7:07 pm

OMG that convo in the car :rofl: that was hilarious! Its ironic how shes talking to him and dissing him at the same time but she doesn't know that its him...as soon as you said curly brown hair and Mr. Randell i was like what does Johnny have justin doing now? :rofl:

At least he's being really sweet to her :nod: :wub: They almost kissed :yay: although its almost not a kiss <_< ahh MORE PLEASE!

Mariah111384
Advanced Member

Postby Mariah111384 » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:10 pm

Sorry its short. Here ya go. ;)

Chapter 5

That Saturday, Jewel decided to go catch a late movie by herself. She lay on her and closed her eyes. She opened them and groaned. 'This sucks assholes!' Faith and Sam were both busy studying, needless to say, she didn't want to. She hopped into her car and drove to the local plex. She parked and bought a ticket, waiting in the line as the ticket tearer teared her stub she walked up the escalator to theater 6. She waited in line to get some raisennuts and bonbon crunch with a small Sprite. When she got her items, she placed the candy in her shoulder bag and sipped the drink as she had found a perfect seat not too far and not too close.

She put her drink in the holder and placed her bag next to the vacant chair on her right. At least she thought it was vacant. Her head turned and looked straight into Justin's eyes, "Justin?! Wh-what are you doing here?"

He laughed as he gave back her bag, "Seeing a flick, as are you I presume. You aren't here with anyone?"

She rolled her rolled, "God, I wish I was. I've been ditched by both friends on a Saturday night. How about that?"

"Sucks. Sorry, you're stuck with me I guess."

She shrugged, "That's not such a bad thing, you know."

The pre-show entertainment commercials started up and his McDonalds promo came up. He smiled and couldn't resist as he turned to her, "Hey look, its your boy," he teased.

She looked and giggled, "Yeah, sure. I may have said the kid was blond, I never said he wasn't hot."

Justin spit up his coke, "What? You think that?"

"Of course. Being that you are not a female, you wouldn't understand. His body is amazing. The best part about it are his hands. They're like piano hands. Kinda like yours a bit. I love his hands," she blushed. 'Why am I telling him all this?'

'She loves my hands. Interesting. She must be a poet as well. Least she doesn't hate me completely. That's an improvement.' "Well, well, you think Justin is hot, eh? What specifically is hot about him?"

She laughed and turned away from him, "I said I thought he was attractive, I never said I obsessed with each body part. I think I've said enough," she opened her bonbon box and ate one.

He laughed as the theme song played. Suddenly, Jewel was cracking up which made Justin lift an weird eyebrow, "What's so funny?"

She laughed again and turned to him, "It's just, this stupid song is ba da da da I'm lovin' it on and on. That's the gayest thing in the world. Timberlake is if not a full on queerbait, he definitely has being metrosexual hands down."

'Man, this chic just loves to hate me.' "You really I- I mean he is? I don't think so. He's as straight as they get."

"Ah yes, I completely forgot about the famous devirginizing of Pop star Britney Spears. How could I forget that damned Barbara Walters interview? Don't ask me why I watched it, I was mildly curious. Doesn't prove a thing. The guy is gay with all forms of the word. Name a straight male pop star that doesn't get a mention on Will & Grace? You can't, don't even try," she popped another bonbon in her mouth.

He pouted, "Hey, he is not gay. I can assure you."

She smiled and winked, "Give it up, probably speaks homo fluently. Why am I always talking about him with you? Talk about important things. So, where're you from in the South?"

'Well, she already caught me so I can't lie on this one. Go along with it.' "Well, Memphis, TN originally. That's where my Mama lives. She's coming soon. That's about it. Were you born here?"

"Yeah, can't wait get outta here though," her eyes looked away.

He noticed this, "Why, you don't like it that much?"

"I feel like I can't breathe sometimes. Sometimes this place brings out the worst in what I can offer. I don't feel safe most of time." 'Yeah, cuz you don't have a boyfriend like the rest of the world.'

He suddenly openly took her hand and hand it, "Do you feel that way all the time?"

"All the time," she looked down.

He used his other hand to tilt her chin to meet his stare, "You can feel safe with me."

Looking at him, she's always noticing things. His nose looked strangely familiar and those lips. Something about those lips made her think of someone she'd rather not think about. She still wondered. She leaned in for a closer look and spoke, "You know, you nose looks so much like Timberlake's. It's almost identical."

He pulled away a little and swallowed hard, "Yeah? Funny. People tell me that all the time."

She squinted, "It's not just that weird nose, it's your eyes too. Though, Justin has blue eyes. They're so beautiful. They almost look black they're so dark blue. But you have brown eyes though."

He laughed, nervous now. "So now his nose is weird? Damn, is there anything halfway decent about this guy to you?"

She blushed a little, she's never this forward but something had suddenly made her feel free, "He's got amazing lips. They're actually perfect. Just like the rest of the jackass. You know, you have the same lips."

"Do I?"

She found herself drawn to him now. She was leaning in so close on those lips she dreamed of and nothing was gonna stop her this time, "Yeah, you do." so close, so close-

"And, now, our feature presentation." 'Damn that f**king PA on the screen! sh**! I was so close. Oh, no, I'm so embarrassed. He hates me. I'm just gonna go.' "I'm so sorry, Justin," she got up and pushed through the rows of legs, walking down the stairs.

She had to get out of there and drive home. She can't face him now. Not now. Her head was pounding as she ran outside. Just her f**king luck. It was pouring rain heavily. She heard her name being called and that made her sprint running as fast as her legs can go. She fumbled with her keys. She saw a figure running in her direction and that made her speed up. She got her key in the door but her arm was grasped before she could open it.

"Look at me, Jewel," she could hear his breathing and it was making her nervous.

"I-I can't. I have to go."

He sighed, still catching his breath, "No, listen for second. I have no idea what happened in there and I really need you to know something before you go."

Her hair was soaked now and her clothes were beginning to cling to her body. She slowly turned, "What?"

"I have nothing to say about what occurred just now," he came closer, something didn't look right.

She back away until she was against her car, "Nothing? What do you want from me?"

He couldn't wait any longer. She was there. He was there. Her lips were calling loud to be caressed. His lips did all talking as they came on hers slowly. Her eyes grew slight but she relaxed and kissed him back. God, she wanted this for so long and it finally happened. Kissing in the rain. Wow... They pulled away. He opened his eyes but hers had remained closed.

"Beautiful, Miss Robbins. Beautiful... Miss Robbins, open your eyes. Jewel?" his voice spoke. She heard a weird snap.

Mariah111384
Advanced Member

Postby Mariah111384 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:44 am

This is gonna be the last story I will post here. I will finish it here. I explained why here:
http://abstracts.net/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=47&t=33243&st=0&http://abstracts.net/forum/index.php?act=S...7&t=33243&st=0&

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:03 am

Like I said on the other board, I'm sorry to see your stories go away, but I'll definitely keep up with your writing by checking you out on the other sites. :nod: :hug:

:wub: Aww, they finally kissed. I think they've both been wanting to do that for a long time. :blowkiss: :kiss:

:ph34r: :( But what was that weird snapping sound? :thinking: Gotta have more so I can find out. :pray:

Mariah111384
Advanced Member

Postby Mariah111384 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:52 pm

I change my mind. I can't stand seeing people here respond to other stories while Paige is the only one that seems to care. I know I'm being selfish but I'm feeling like a complete sh*t of a writer now. Sorry, this is jus really bad now. I'm gonna post the rest at nsyncfiction.com. I'm not sure if I'll be coming back. Maybe I will... <_<

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:36 pm

Hey I respond too...it's just that there are only certain hours that i can be on the computer since i have school and homework and everything but i catch up whenever i can :nod:

They kissed in the rain :yay: I wonder what thats like...i've never done it myself...its on my list of things to do before i'm 21 :lol: They're soo cute...i wonder if shes going to finally figure out who Justin is?? ahh but what about that weird snapping sound :shrug: MORE PLEASE!

Mariah111384
Advanced Member

Postby Mariah111384 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:28 pm

I know you do and I thank you Ashley but I'm still gonna post the rest of the story as well as finish the other 2 at nsyncfiction.com. Sorry, I just don't want to come back here anymore. Its been fun people. Bye. Thanks for the feedback. :D B)

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:07 pm

<span style='color:purple'>Whoa whoa whoa...I'm sorry that nobody responded to your story. I for one am slowly easing back in after a brief vacation and am on my way! DOn't leave...sometimes we just suck at feedback!! I'm in the same prediciment as you right now!
If you do go...good luck!

I'm on my way
</span>

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:30 pm

<span style='color:purple'>This is great!! I can't wait to find out hwat happens! Is he going to tell her? Does he keep her guessing? DOes she go insane when she finds out??
YAY!! Great job!!
</span>

Mariah111384
Advanced Member

Postby Mariah111384 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:55 am

As I've said before, I'm no longer posting fics here ever. I don't feel welcome and that's it. Its not that u guys suck at feedback, its the LACK of total feedback in general. Its not a huge deal. I'll be somewhere else. Somewhere better. Thanks for giving feedback now. I understand that you were on a vacation. People have lives. But for the people who are not on vacation and who DO post here more than me are the real reason I feel this way. It's kool. ;) If you wanna talk and post to me im over at nsyncstudio mbs. I don't wanna make a huge thing out of this, so I'm just gonna say bye. Maybe I'll come back. Definitely not anytime soon. Bye everyone! ;) B) :D :)

Mariah111384
Advanced Member

Postby Mariah111384 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:35 pm

Hey people! The rest of the story will be posted here:

nsyncfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1663http://www.nsyncfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1663

Return to “Fan Fiction”