Something Magical

Mariah111384
Advanced Member

Postby Mariah111384 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:21 pm

This is a new one I started continuing the first story "The Risk." I need some feedback on it. The next 2 are longer.

If you didn't finish the first one from before, here's the ending:
nsyncfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1821&i=1The Risk

Something Magical

She knew she had to move on. Seemed reasonable. They both did. It didn't matter what she felt, she was back to being Melana Roberts: shy nobody who hates clubs. That life seemed so far away. She was getting used to the attention. The glamour of the life. His life. They didn't technically break up, but they never really were together anyway. Still, it just pained her to the core that they were no more.

She drove to her work in Studio City as random thoughts burst away in her mind. She invested too much into this as is. She will never be able to wipe it away. Despite the week that had past since the proud declaration of love, she should really give it time. Time is all she had left.

Waking up alone was how it was meant to be. What the hell was she thinking anyway? Princes and Princesses? Cinderella ending? Rags to riches? He'd come and save her from her life? Please... It's fun to read those stories, yes. They just never happen. Perfect is dangerous. Leave it up to Mr. Walt Disney to concoct a world of love that people dream of. He knew his sh**. He gives her dreams. Makes her smile at night. Until waking up not knowing who or what she is. Than she thinks about her decision. Did she make the right one? Was he thinking about her like she was him? Did he really mean what he said? The whole thing felt like a dream. Dreams were temporary. They never come true. Least not the feeling part. Who was she kidding? It was over. She was and has always been unlovable. It was her reason for all that she ever did.

Her cell phone rang and she knew she was running late, but she picked up anyway, "Hello?"

There was silence, then a slight sniffle, "Hello? Melana? It's Lynn Harless."

Her eyes widened, "Lynn!? What's going on? What's wrong?"

"Sweetie, something happened. There was a car accident and your Mama--" Lana cut her off instantly.

She couldn't breath suddenly, "What happened? Tell me now!"

"Lana, sweetie, she's in the intensive care unit."

She took a deep breath, "Where are you?"

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:30 pm

<span style='color:purple'>Good start... :lol: </span>

Mariah111384
Advanced Member

Postby Mariah111384 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:51 pm

Chapter 2

Melana sped straight toward St. Mary Joseph's Hospital. She parked her car and slammed her door as she ran through the automatic sliding doors toward the front desk out of breathe.

"Stephanie Roberts please! I'm her daughter."

The receptionist nodded and checked her computer, "She's in room--" she was cut off.

"Melana, honey, come here." Lynn was leaning against the wall, her face visibly upset.

Lana turned around and ran towards Lynn, "What is it? Is she OK?"

She sighed, "They don't know, baby. She's hurt pretty badly. Here, have a sit, they don't know what's going on as of now."

Bullsh*t, doctors don't know anything!"Ok, tell me if they say anything? Thank you so much Lynn. You really didn't have to come on New Years to be here," she sat down on the chair next to the coffee machine.

"Of course, sweetie. You're Mama is my friend now. I'll be back, I'll be in the restroom," she kissed her forehead and left.

Melana's mind was on overdrive. Was all of this really happening? Car accident? Mom? Why? She didn't do anything wrong dammit! She's a good person. I need to calm down. What I need is coffee.She heard the coffee machine making a weird nose. She looked over at the machine and an empty cup came and she jumped as it began to fill up. Weird. She looked from side to side and took the cup out. Maybe the machine is broken or something. Yeah, that's it.

She quietly sipped her coffee and closed her eyes. This is so exhausting. Why the hell does she have to wait? God, the only thing that could make this worse is if HE showed up. He would dare show up here if he knows what's good for his life. She's killed everyone in his body to make him pay for the damage he caused her. Just thinking about the iffy thoughts made her blood boil.

She placed her cup on the floor and went outside to catch some air. She lit a cigarette, inhaled and blew a puff of anger leaning against the railing. "Dammit! Why her? Why now? I'm nothing without her. She's the only who loves me. If I lose her, I'll lose love. I need love in my life. Please god, send me a sign! Something, anything to bring her back. She can't die! She's only one... the only one. Give me something. I--" her cell phone interrupted her. She clicked it on.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, hey, its me. Change of plans yet again, the CD signing was pulled cuz of a family emergency. I just wanted to let you know. It's just a regular day. Where are you anyway?"

She inhaled again and answered, "I'm at the hospital. My mom was in a car accident! That's where I am!"

"Oh my god! Are you -- is she OK? Are you OK?"

She blinked back tears, "I'm alright. They won't tell me what's going on! I don't know anything now, Scott. Who was the singer there anyway, you never told me?"

She could hear his voice in and out, than she heard, "...ake. Did you hear me?"

She shook her head, "No, say again once more."

"Its J--Ti--" the line went dead.

Lana looked at her cell, shrugging as she clicked it off throwing in her purse. She took another puff and roughly shook her head. This was bad. Real bad. This torment will never cease to end. She was starting to strongly hate who she is. She stubbed her cigarette on the floor and walked toward the desk, demanding some answers.

Before she could, Lynn ran up to her, "Baby, she's awake and she's asking for you!"

Lana's face lit up, "Really? Let's go. What room is she in?"

She took her hand, "Follow me."

They ran as fast they could to the room as Lynn opened the door, "Go ahead, I'll be outside."

Lana nodded, and gave a thin smile as she entered the room and saw what looked like praying. She gulped and made her way to her bedside and sat down. "Mama?"

Her eyes turned to look into her daughter's. Her face covered in light bruises. Her nose looked broken. Her lip had a strip of dry blood upon it. She licked her dry lips and took in a deep breath. "Hi sweetie. Don't cry for me. You know I love you."

Lana sniffed back, "Mama, please, don't talk like this. You're going to be alright. I know you are. You're all I have."

Stephanie took her hand, holding it, "You have Lynn, you have your friends, believe it or not, Lynn's been telling me about Justin and how he feels about you. He loves you baby--" Lana cut her off.

"No, NO he does not. He played with me, Mama. He played with my feelings. He doesn't know how to love someone. Mama, please don't talk about this. Lynn told me you were asking for me? Did you want to ask me something?"

She shook her head a little, "No, I wanted to tell you something. I know, I don't have much longer anymore and I've kept this from you for so long and you deserve to know now."

"Mama, I love you. Don't talk like that. This is all temporary. You're going to be OK. You're strong, I know it," she kissed her mom's hand.

She must know before I leave. "Baby, listen to me uh..." she took a deep breathe, trying very hard to concentrate on her words, "all your wishes will come true when you're ready to know who you really are. This is what happens to we when we are weak and not in love. We can't die. We don't die if we're in love. I'm dying, Lana. We're different. Just know that. We're powerful, strong, dedicated, and beautiful. We're not human. We have special gifts thought no one else possess. When we fall in love, we become the most powerful being on the planet. There are only a handful of us still living. When I leave, you will become your destiny. You will see things that you aren't used to. Feel things that will come when something gives light to you in return. You will be better. When you finally realize how you feel, you will know what I'm really saying. For now, that's all I should tell you. That's what you're grandma told me and she is exactly like us. As long as you love, you will live forever. I promise. Let Justin in your heart."

Whoa. What the hell is going on? Who the hell am I? "Mama, what are you saying? Why are we so different? If we're not human than what are we? Tell me?" she was crying now. All this was kept from her for so long. She didn't even know herself now.

Stephanie took a huge breath, "We are growing, learning, and seeking for love. It has found you already like it had found me so long ago. You just have to open your eyes. Welcome it, don't be afraid," her eyes started glowing a bright white light.

Lana's eyes were huge as she back away, "Mama! What's happening? What's going on?" Suddenly, two white beams of light surged northward through her blue orbs.

Stephanie started convulsing in bed. Shaking, stirring, turning as she finally got out, "He's coming! He's here! Remember my words. I'll always stay with you."

Lana watched as everything was still suddenly. "Mama! No! NO! Come BACK! No!" she collapsed over her body crying her eyes out.

Everything happened so fast as she was basically pushed off of her lifeless mother and the last thing she heard was that f*cking flat line. " NO! Let me in now! She can't die! NO!" she was taken to the waiting room.

She pulled her arm from the nurse's grasp and bolted out of there and went straight to her car. She had to get out. Get out now. Everything happened so fast. So fast. Too fast. Too damn fast! Everything was spinning as she opened the door and got in turning on the engine, only hearing the engine's dry heaves coming out, "Damn it! Start!" and it did.

"OK, this is f*cking weird now." She pulled out of the parking lot driving as fast as she could and didn't really care where she was going. "Who the F*CK am I?!"

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 pm

<span style='color:purple'>Very interesting...you have peeked my curiousity!!</span>

Mariah111384
Advanced Member

Postby Mariah111384 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:45 pm

Thanx a lot. Working on the chapter 4 today.

Chapter 3

She reached a dam and killed the engine. She closed her eyes and started thinking. What was she? All her life she was Melana Roberts. Was that really her name? The anonymity scared her strongly. She was afraid of taking the next step. Who was she? Really? She felt killing her heart. She wasn't even human. An alien? A monster? What? Who? Powers? She had powers? All that stuff she was told. She had to go home. Go home and do something.

She drove back home and pulled in her driveway. Running past the door, she went to her dresser and opened her top draw. "Spider Club! sh**, where did I put it? It was in my purse, than it was... dammit! Where are you? Ah-huh! Gotcha! You have to be there," she dialed the numbers and waited. This was her rainy day.

What a coincidence, it's raining outside. "Pick up, please!" she listen, than she heard the line being answered, "Justin? Are you there?"

"Lana?! Is that you? Oh my god! Are you OK? Mama just told me about your mom, what's going on?" his voice, frantic.

Her brain was mushing together. She was going crazy. What she said next, took guts, but she didn't want to go away yet. She breathed in and out and took another breath, "I need you. I feel like I'm going to do something bad. I need you now."

He ran his hand through his hair, "I'll be there. Don't do anything, I'm coming to get you," he hung up and drove to her place.

Her body fell on her made bed and she closed her eyes. Small tears came down her cheeks. She suddenly felt so tired. She wiped her cheeks and crawled inside the covers when she heard a persistent knock. She nodded. He's here. "Well, I already made the call, can't back down now."

She walked to the door and opened it slowly. She stared into those eyes, than turned to get her keys to lock up and followed him quietly to his car. She opened the door, got in and buckled up calmly. Suddenly, all pent up anger flew out of the window as she screamed at the top of her lungs. She didn't care if she was loud, she was upset and all Justin could do was hold her and speak softly in her ear.

The crying was unbearable. She hurt all over. Her heart was damaged enough. It just wasn't fair. Her mother died. Can't be. She was shaking. Damn, she couldn't help it. She sniffed, "I'm so sorry. I'm--"

"Shoo, it's alright baby. I'm right here for you. Here, lets go to my place. We can talk whenever you wish. Right now, I wanna be with you. I don't want you hurting yourself. It's inhuman."

Yeah, if you only knew the whole of it. She nodded and wiped her eyes pulling back a bit, still holding his hand, "OK, let's go."

Justin licked his lips as he pressed a kiss to her dewy forehead, "I love you, Lana. I always have and always will. It won't be long, just close your eyes."

There was that word again. Sure, he's taking care of her. Does he though? Really? Does she really have to have this painful debate now? She nodded again and curled her pink lips together as her eyes turned to the sprinkled window and dropped shortly. "I wish we were there right now."

Than she heard, "Whoa, this is weird. Looks like my house. Oh my god, it is! Lana, baby, Lana wake up," he shook her and she slowly opened her eyes.

"What? What's wrong?" she rubbed her red eyes.

"Lana, we're here. It's weird, I didn't even drive here. It's like I was brought here or something. Anyway, let's go. We're here, let's go inside," he took an umbrella from the backseat and opened it up.

He closed the door and ran over to the other side and opened her door. He took her hand and they got out and ran to his doorstep. Melana shivered slightly. The thin material of her jacket did not do justice to the cold. Justin unlocked the door and they walked inside. Melana closed the umbrella and Justin took it and placed it in the side bin in the the corner.

Melana felt slightly warmer as her swollen eyes met his vast abode. She couldn't help but gape at the enormity of it. "Wow. This is like all of my childhood houses combined. Do you really live here alone?"

He laughed a little, "Not all the time. I always have friends come over that basically live here. But now, its just you and me."

Her hands hugged her shoulders, "Thank you. Um, do you know where the bathroom is?" she spoke in a calm voice.

He smiled slightly as he took her hand and walked to the one his mother usually occupies. He opened the door and turned on the light. "This is the one my mom uses. This should be alright."

Lana shrunk back from him and ran to the front door. Where was her mom? Dead. And for nothing. Her hands covered her face as she cried into them. Her face. The pain she saw as she had witnessed her mother being taken away when she had so much to live for. He has a mother and I don't. What the hell am I doing here? I shouldn't have come. "I need to leave. Take me back now!" her voice scratched all the calmness that was in before.

Justin carefully came toward her. Unsure for a second. Than it made sense. She didn't have anybody. She was alone. She felt alone. Well, she won't be alone around me. He came closer and slowly placed his arms around her, not without a struggle from her part. "Baby, shoo. It's alright. Lana, people care about you. They love you. You're not alone. You called me to help you out and that's what I'm doing. Come on."

He was right. Why did she call him? Cuz she knew he would help her. He loves her. But why him? She could've have ringed Amy or Stacey, or Scott even. No, that's crazy. She can't be still in love with him. He lost that chance when he chose her over me. It's mom, that's what it is. "Everything happened so fast. I don't have family anymore. I have no one."

He cupped her face and stared intensely in her eyes, "You have me. You always will. I love you."

She shook her head and hugged him, "I'm so sorry. God, this is so bad. She's gone. She left right in front of me. I can't breath," she was clinging onto him.

"Do you wanna lie down now? Here, come here. Do you trust me?"

She looked in his eyes, "Yes, I trust you."

He picked her up and carried her to one of the guestrooms. He place gingerly on the floral bed and switched on the light. He turned to face her. She was staring at him with such strong passion. Passion she desperately wanted to get out. Why it was him, she didn't know. All she knew was that she wanted him, and suddenly she actually did. As he was taking off her shoes, she was staring at his hands. The hands that once touched her heart and made feel like the most beautiful girl in the world.

She sat up a little as he finished and he placed her shoes next to the bed. She licked her lips sighing, thinking about him. She caught him looking at her, his eyes lighting up. His hand come upon her naked neck. But that didn't fool him. He bought it, he should know what it looks like. He spotted the chain and revealed the rest of the familiar necklace. His face came closer as he examined just be sure. He smiled, "You're wearing my necklace. If you don't feel the same as I do tell me why you are wearing this?"

Even under the stare he's giving her, she couldn't succumb to his wishes and just tell him the real reason, "I wear it because I think its pretty."

He gulped, knowing she's lying. Why is she so afraid? "Is that all? Any other reason you have?"

The way he's staring. No! She can't feel for him. She shook her head slightly. She felt him come closer than he already was. She could breath his air. "No." she managed she get out.

He smiled. She still loves me. "I don't believe you."

She laughed, "That's too bad, Justin."

"Right, too bad indeed," his lips were seconds away from hers.

She leaned back on the pillow, "Justin? What are you doing?"

He licked his lips and spoke huskily, "Trying to kiss you."

"Why?"

"Because you haven't stopped me yet."

She swallowed, "Maybe I should."

"You can't. You're not. You missed it just as much as I did."

There it was, cocky Justin. She hated that guy so much. She ground her teeth so hard she thought she cracked a tooth. She got so mad she pushed him off the bed and that sent him against the dresser. She wasn't that strong. When did she grow muscles? Justin was more shocked than she was. He looked like he was afraid of her. Like an IRS agent coming to your house and taking your things when you haven't paid your taxes.

He laughed a little as he scratched his head getting up, "I'll uh -- see you tomorrow morning. Um... goodnight Lana," he closed the door and immediately went to get some alcohol.

Lana's head fell back and she closed her eyes. "Yep, I sure as hell wasn't human when I did that."

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:23 pm

He looked like he was afraid of her. Like an IRS agent coming to your house and taking your things when you haven't paid your taxes.

:lol: <span style='color:purple'>Hilarious...good job!</span>

Mariah111384
Advanced Member

Postby Mariah111384 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:15 pm

I've been thinking about who to pick for Melana and I saw this chic and thought she fit the part pretty well. Plus, she's beautiful.

fortunecity.com/skyscraper/bitmap/1203/kimpics/guess/guess002.jpgKim aka Melana

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:43 pm

She was in the 'Bye Bye Bye' video.

xoinnocentjrtgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby xoinnocentjrtgrl » Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:52 pm

purdy :) Wait.. she's the Kim from the Bye Bye Bye and Its Gonna Be Me video aint she? :unsure:

Mariah111384
Advanced Member

Postby Mariah111384 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:29 pm

Yeah, that's Kim Smith from the BBB & IGBM videos. That pic was from her guess shoot two years ago. I wanted to go with Amy Lee from Evanescense, but couldn't find any pics on her. Kim fit the person of what of was thinking of perfectly. I also liked her eyes. Like cat eyes. Anyway, I'm working on the next part soon. ;)

Mariah111384
Advanced Member

Postby Mariah111384 » Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:17 am

Chapter 4

Lana leisurely woke up around 9:30, still thinking as she lay in bed. Thinking about a lot of things. Mama tops the main focus. What was she going to do? Being an only child, raised and cared for by her mother when her father left them when she was just a baby. The bastard. She goes back to her apartment, she's still alone. Still alone. Cold and faded.

She stretched her tired muscles on the bed and flipped the covers half way over. She sighed seating up rubbing her eyes all the while. Her legs swung over and she stood up walking over to the dresser mirror. Looking at the person in the mirror, she shook her head. She looked so haggard, drawn-out, tarnished. Her eyes read of unresolved pain, shock, and swollenness. She walked over to the bathroom sink and began washing her hands. She dried them and went to put on her shoes. Her hair was a force to be reckoned with so she tied it up in a messy pony tail.

She walked out and closed the door only to bump into Justin. He quickly put some space between them, afraid of getting hurt again. When she held her hands in the air, he rested easy a little. "Whoa, don't hurt me girl."

She shook her head, "Excuse you but you did bump into me. I think there was a time or two when you did the exact same thing to me. Were you waiting out here for me or something?" she noticed he was dressed casually in regular jeans and an abercromie muscle shirt.

"I was going to see if you wanted some breakfast."

"Oh, um OK." she followed him silently to the kitchen, playing with her hands as she sat down.

As he was pouring the cereal, he started talking, "So, what are you doing today?"

She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and looked around, "Uh, going to the hospital. I'm talking a week off of work to make arrangements for the funeral."

He placed the bowels on the table and they started eating silently. As Lana eat she began thinking about the funeral. She doesn't feel she's ready to say good-bye. Its too soon. Way too soon. Than, she thinks about who she is. What is she exactly? She used to think she was a girl that fell in love with the most loved man on the planet. Was she still that girl?

She finished the last of the cereal and got up placing it in the sink. She slowly felt arms wrap around her body and a chin resting on her shoulder. "I'll take care of you, Lana. In these times especially."

She wanted to believe him. More than anything, wanted to love him. No, she couldn't. No more falling in love. She's done. She took his arms off her and walked to the door but not without him clasping her arm. "Don't please. I'm just trying to help you. This is all I want. The way I feel about you won't go away, I can't help it. Lana, you need somebody. I can help you through all of this. Just let me."

She shook her head. It was a hoax. She can't trust him. "No, I -- I can't. It was a mistake coming here and --" he cut her off.

"What?!"

She closed her tired eyes, "Please, none of this has anything to do with you. I don't want you involved in this."

"You already involved me when you called me, Lana. What, am I supposed to sit back and just drop you on the street without anything? I'm sorry I can't just do that. Weather you like it or not, you mean everything to me and I will stop at nothing until I feel that you're OK."

"Justin stop it! I can't let you -- just stop this! Please take me home, I have so much to do already and I don't need this too." She covered her face with her hands.

Justin sighed, calming taking her hands from her face looking in her scared eyes, "Hey, Lana? It's going to be alright. Come on."

He tried bringing her arms around for a hug but she pushed back and opened the door. She silently walked to the door of his escalade. "No, take me home now."

Justin was starting to get emotional now. It made it him think of that time in December when she was there for him. Now its like they're strangers. All because of his stupid mouth. He took a deep breath unlocking his doors as they got. She buckled up as he started the engine making the radio turn on to the perfect song at the moment.

And I never thought I'd feel this way
And as far as I'm concerned
I'm glad i got the chance to say
That I do believe I love you

And if I should ever go away
Well then close your eyes and try
To feel the way we do today
And then if you can remember

Keep smiling, keep shin --

She switched the station to Kiss FM. JoJo the DJ was chatting with none other than Miss Britney Spears about her engagement to back up dancer Kevin Federline. Justin's mouth formed a thin line. Britney. Well, he's happy for her. Still, they have unfinished business even though he came right out and told the world they had sex and joked about it. Who could forgot that trusty video making Brit just come out the unfaithful one and him smelling like roses. He handled everything badly. It seems everything he said turns back on him. Than, there's her song to him. Nobody even knew, he cried so hard when she wrote that song. Even listening to it now made him want to brake his radio.

And everytime I try to fly
I fall without my wings
I feel so small
I guess I need you baby
And everytime I see you in my dreams
I see your face, it's haunting me
I guess I need you baby

He couldn't take it, he went to switch the station when her hand reached out just in time to change it. Her eyes shifted upward penetrating his. Lana's finger turned off the radio as she pulled back but his hand was still on top of hers. For a moment there was a silence, than --

"Take me back, Justin."

He nodded slightly and started driving to her house. Man, that was a short ride. They pulled up to her sidewalk and Justin turned of the engine, glancing the girl who basically leapt from him running for her door, not forgetting his heart too. Something was so wrong about this. He saw something, he did. He knew he did. It was all when they touched. It was them. They were magnets. He found himself getting out and running up to her.

"Lana, hold up!"

She was so close. She turned around, "What?"

F*ck thisHe smashed his lips onto her without any permission and plunged his heart and soul into that connection. Lana was too shocked to breath, but who in the hell was she fooling? Yeah she wanted him. She wanted that kiss. She depended it first by seeping her tongue inside exploring what was missing all her curled up nights. She dreamed of this man. And no, she was not going to pull away. Oh sh*t, something was wrong. Her stomach gave out and she pulled from his scorching lips.

She doubled over in pain clutching her stomach whiled Justin looked on and tried to help, "Lana, what? What's wrong?"

She finally looked up as her normally ice blue eyes gave a pasty white glow on them, "I don't know exactly." She was breathing heavy too.

Justin backed up in a scared sh*tless fashion, "Holy f*ck! Lana, your eyes! What's going on? Tell me please!"

Her stomach smudged again and she groaned from the shooting pain. She still managed to stand up, "I have to go." And she left dragging her feet as fast as she could.

Justin grabbed his head. He was too freaked out to move anything else. "Oh my god! Something f*cked up is going on now."

That's What Friends Are For ~ Dionne Warwick

Everytime ~ Britney Spears

xoinnocentjrtgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby xoinnocentjrtgrl » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:47 pm

great chapter.. and I mean it. Sorry bout not postin feedback :)

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:31 pm

Wow, this sequel surely has got me intrigued. Especially with the words Lana's mom spoke to her and the glowing eyes aspect. I like the paranormal feel that you've got going. Very unusual and that's a good thing. :thumbup:

I feel so badly for Lana losing her mom and still being so confused and upset with Justin. She's gonna need someone in her life to lend her a shoulder to cry on and an interested ear to hear all of her hopes and dreams. Looks like Justin is gonna be that man, but they still have a lot of unresolved sorrow. He needs to finally show her and make her feel that he truly loves her. :nod:

This is all very good, Audrey. Keep up the good work. :)

Return to “Fan Fiction”