"just To See You Smile"

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:13 am

"Just To See You Smile"
I did not want to get up today. But as usual, I did because I wasn’t born Paris Hilton and have a job that pays money I desperately need. Then when I got to work, someone was in my space. Okay, so we don’t have “assignedâ€￾ spaces, but when you and everyone else parks in the same space everyday, I’d say they should be permanent. As usual Tony was a prick and I about ripped him a new a**hole when his hand “accidentallyâ€￾ rubbed against my boob. The bastard is screaming for a sexual harassment suit.

After work, I went to my yoga class and continued to drool over the piece of milk chocolate, Mike, that always seems places his mat next to mine. And I realized my day wasn’t so bad when he asked for my number. I went to the grocery store to pick up some essentials and made my way back home.

Oh yeah. I saw Josh.

Yes, that Josh. He was the first person I saw when I walked into the store. He was wearing a red button up shirt and jeans. I always loved when he wore button up shirts, especially when he rolls up the sleeves like he did today. The shirt brought out his blue eyes even more, the two bright hues contrasting in the right ways. Of course, my eyes made contact with his, making me turn to ice. However, I didn’t speak to him. I didn’t even smile. I turned down the first aisle that would get me out of his view.

I played the fool today. I just dream of vanishing into the crowd.

Why didn’t I talk to him, you ask. Well I’m going to ask why he didn’t talk to me. I’ll tell you why I didn’t talk to him. Maybe you’ll have my answer when I’m done. First of all, I had just gotten out of yoga. You can imagine how I looked. I’d rather the first man I ever loved not remember me so sweaty and tattered. Second, he was with someone. I imagine it was his latest girlfriend. He’s had a different one the last times I’ve seen him, which now a days, is once every two years it seems. Third, I didn’t talk to him because I had finally told myself that I was over him. I didn’t feel like setting myself back with just a simple conversation, coming back here reminded why I’m so hung up on him and how it’s not me with him, but another girl. Another girl that I can only hope loves him, which is still only a fraction of the time I have.

I'm alright, I'm alright. It only hurts when I breathe.

I wonder if he remembers. How can he not? It was four years when Josh befriended shy ol’ me. We met at a party through friends, and when I mentioned that I was a big Sting fan, it was if he were instantly attracted to me. We began talking everyday, about Sting and other things, and it became the highlight of my day. He made me laugh, smile and feel something that I never had before. He made me feel special. He sang little songs to me when I was the only one listening. He paid attention to what I had to say. He went out of his way to just tell me ‘Hi.’ He made sure that everyone knew that I was someone. The next thing I knew, I was hanging on every word he said. He was getting closer and I took note of how his skin felt when it grazed across mine.

And I can't ask for things to be still again. No I can't ask if I could walk through the world in your eyes.

Pretty soon Justin and Joey were asking what was going on between us. Another question on people’s minds was what was going on between Josh and Danielle Landry. If he wasn’t with me, he was with her. I knew it, I couldn’t do anything about it, I wasn’t his girlfriend. Was she? No. At least that’s what he said. But that’s all he really ever said about Danielle around me. But I knew in my heart he liked her. I just never understood why he didn’t tell me, why he just didn’t go for it with her, why all his closet friends acted as if I could be, and maybe was, the one...when I fell in love with him.

My window through which nothing hides and everything sees. I'm counting the signs and cursing the miles in between.

What happened after that? He never officially ‘got’ with Danielle, or me, for that matter. He began traveling a lot and we more or less lost touch after the first year. I still remember the way he looked when he walked out the door. I remember the way I felt: as if I would never have that again. I would never have another Josh.

Home, is a feeling I buried in you, that I buried in you.

I see him on occasions like this. The last time was about a year and a half ago. He was with a different girl. He asked how my life was going, and I did the same. He looked just as good as I remembered. His cologne set itself in my memory. And as he talked I only wondered what it would have been like to kiss his lips. I wish he only knew. I wish he knew that after all these years, he’s still the only one I want. He’s the one I see when I close my eyes. He’s the only person that has ever given me butterflies. He’s the only person that has ever made me stop in my tracks at the sight of him. He’s the only person that has made my chest tighten, my heart beat faster...taken my breath away. I wish he knew all of this. I wish he knew that I loved him...that I still love him.

It’s alright, I'm alright. It only hurts when I breathe.

“Hello?â€￾ I answered when the phone rang. It’s probably Mike.

“Kate?â€￾ Suddenly, all those previous feelings came rushing without warning. It wasn’t Mike. “It’s me, JC.â€￾

It only hurts when I breathe.

The End

NOW...please leave feedback and then go and vote!

Hugs,
Tash

Send votes too...

tendertoes@sympatico.ca

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:58 am

Dun, dun, dun ... I like the cliffhanger ending. You need to continue on with this story. Dont leave me hanging in a city so dead, held up so high on some unbreakable thread ... . :lol: It's obvious that she still has feelings for JC. I wanna know why he's calling her after all this time. Maybe he hasn't ever gotten over her, either.

I could relate to the dodging people in the supermarket scenario. I seem to hide from people in the supermarket, mall, movie theater. These are people you've left behind and it's awkward to have to see them and talk to them like everything is still the same as it once was. :nod:

My guess is that this is Miss Bubs' story. :shrug: :thinking:

xoinnocentjrtgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby xoinnocentjrtgrl » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:23 pm

I aint got no idea about who wrote this. Very good

JTnTN
Supreme Member

Postby JTnTN » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:54 pm

Wow, can we say suspense? :lol: Beautiful job.

I wish he knew that after all these years, he’s still the only one I want. He’s the one I see when I close my eyes. He’s the only person that has ever given me butterflies. He’s the only person that has ever made me stop in my tracks at the sight of him. He’s the only person that has made my chest tighten, my heart beat faster...taken my breath away.

I know that exact feeling, and passages like this conjure up way too much emotion for me to even be able to express, but they make me so happy and warm and tingly, and just... :yay:

I'm gonna guess Sharry on this one, too. :D Whoever wrote it, you better finish what you started. ;)

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:26 pm

Ohh left us hanging there :( So you better continue this one after the comp has ended :nod:

amy_byrd

Postby amy_byrd » Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:01 pm

:wub: awww a jc story! I love the way it started and gave the background and everything but how could you just end it like that! there's so much to find out. what'd he say, what did she say? Whats gonna happen now?

I really like this song too. good work. :)

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:20 pm

:yay: I suggested the song, so whoever wins needs to give me some credit. :rofl: Or else, I'mma beat you senseless. :huh: :D

Return to “Fan Fiction”