In A New York Minute

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:54 am

<span style='color:gray'>:yay: New story! Okay, so forgive me for being so freakin' excited, but like I said, this is my very first AU story, which means, for those of y'all that don't know, Alternate Universe. And basically, it's a story that takes place had *NSYNC never existed, Justin never famous, and sh** like that. I'm kinda nervous to see what y'all think cuz it's really differen't from my other stuff in that regard. But so far, I like it and hopefully, you guys will too. :pray: Oh, and it's nowhere near as long as the other two, so maybe there won't be any room for boredom here. :lol: Also, there's kinda like a lot of strong language, so if you're easily offended, you might not wanna read. :ph34r: All right, enough babbling. Here we go... :unsure:

<span style='font-family:Times'><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>
1 – The One Where They Meet

“Grande Caramel Macchiato with a shot of vanilla.â€￾

“Will that be all, sir?â€￾

“That’s all I asked for, isn’t it?â€￾

“Right away, sir. Your total will be $4.40.â€￾

“Fuuckin’ highway robbery.â€￾

The air was thick – a nasty thick, filled with the odor of coffee beans and conversation. Starbucks isn’t my kind of place, but it’s raining f***ing cats and dogs outside and I won’t make it to work without a pick-me-up, so I stopped at the Starbucks on Water Street by the South Street Seaport to get my fix.

I got my caramel motherf***er and turned around to a sh**load of tables and no empty chairs. Just my goddamn luck. Life in New York ain’t easy, and this is one of those “Fuuck itâ€￾ moments. I grabbed a New York Times off the newsstand, and took the first available opportunity at a seat.

I sat down across from this little slice of chocolate who was playing around with her cell phone. Acting like I didn’t see her, I just opened my paper and glanced over the sports section.

“Yo,â€￾ I heard from behind the paper.

Let’s see, NBA pre-season. Eh, who cares? Football. Shiit. Baseball!

There was another sound behind my reading material and a tap to follow it. “I said, ‘Hey.’â€￾

I peered over my paper to look into the eyes of the woman across from me. I was met with dark brown skin, short black hair, and with what appeared to be a nice, sizeable rack under her pumpkin-colored sweater. Fuuckable, definitely. I guess I could answer her. “Actually, you said, ‘Yo.’â€￾

“Bad morning?â€￾ she asked. The way the ‘or’ in ‘morning’ came out told me she was a native of this God-forsaken city.

“Do I know you?â€￾

“You can if you lighten up.â€￾

“I’m busy.â€￾ I reverted back to my paper.

“What’s in that paper that’s so much more interesting than me?â€￾

“Among other things, the Red Sox.â€￾

“Say what?â€￾

“Are you deaf or dumb? The Red Sox, baby. Beat the Yankees 5-2 last night. At home.â€￾

“That explains a lot,â€￾ she mumbled.

“A lot about what?â€￾

“Your attitude. You’re from Bahston, right?â€￾

“What gave it away?â€￾ Dumb ass. “The accent, or the red and gray tie?â€￾

“I’m to assume everyone wearing red and gray and likes the Sux is from Boston?â€￾

“The what?â€￾

“Are you deaf or dumb? Boston sucks.â€￾

“And what do you think you know about baseball, woman?â€￾

“I know the Sox suck, Yankees will kill your team in the rest of the series, and the only reason the Sux won last night is because Adams’s inconsistent pitching f***ed it up for Soriano’s perfect game when he hit his leg in the 6th. Not only that, but Posada was out. Otherwise, your boys were done for. Don't f*** with me about the Yanks.â€￾ With that, she hopped up from her chair, rising to what I’d assume to be about a 5-foot-9 stance – I always liked my hoes tall – and she escaped the Starbucks heat, exchanging it for the cold New York rain.

Damn. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t wonder where she was going, or whether I’d ever see her again. In fact, I’m a fool not to be following her, but the way I see it, hoes are a dime a dozen. Another one, probably bigger and better will pop up before the day is over.

Soon after, in solitude, I finished off my drink, my paper, and followed the lead of the broad. I hate the f***in’ rain – always have, always will. It ruins sh**. Makes people act like sh**. And as if New York doesn’t already smell like sh**, it smells even more like sh** in the rain. If I had half a brain, I’d take a cab down to the Financial District where my office is, but I have a whole brain, and this traffic would make me later than the walk.

Turning the corner of Water Street, I saw that b**** from my table, leaving CVS with a prescription bag, stuffing it into her big ass brown purse. Not only is she a b****, but she’s on drugs, too. Figures. Subconsciously, or maybe deliberately, I quickened my pace to catch up to her.

She turned around, underneath her umbrella, flashing a blazing white set of teeth at me, contrasting with the dark brown of her leather jacket. “You just couldn’t stay away, huh?â€￾

I rolled my eyes, knowing she was right. “I have better sh** to do than follow you.â€￾

“Then why are you?â€￾ She stopped in her tracks and waited for me to pass while I decided to do exactly the opposite. “Just as I thought,â€￾ she boasted.

“You’re in my way.â€￾ I winked when she stepped to the opposing side of the sidewalk. Not wanting and unwilling to keep going, I peered at her momentarily, letting the drop of the rain on our umbrellas speak for us. She had a weird gorgeousness about her. She wasn’t breathtaking, or even necessarily beautiful – just a normal pretty, I guess. There was something in her charisma that made her shine, though. Her bright brown eyes that matched her smooth, chocolate skin – they almost sparkled in spite of the dim, gray morning. They were inviting and warm; innocent and childlike. I would’ve stood there forever, merely gazing, if I were ever willing to let my guard down so quickly and easily. But I’m not. Instead, I sneered at her and resumed my walk to work.

“Good day to you, too,â€￾ she beamed.

On my trek to Wall Street, I continued peeking from my peripheral to view her Skittles umbrella. “Now who’s following who?â€￾ I asked, not turning.

“I’m going to work,â€￾ she answered in a ‘So there, motherf***er’ tone of voice.

“You actually have a job?â€￾ I retorted.

“Yeah, black people have jobs, too. Just like women watch baseball.â€￾

I swear to God, I’m gonna backhand this chick. “No sh**.â€￾

Finally arriving at 101 Wall, I was relieved to be getting rid of the b****. Ensuring not to say anything to her, I entered my office building and approached the receptionist desk where one of my many conquests, Lisa, sat at her computer.

Hearing the click of my shoes echoing through the hollow atmosphere of the high-ceilinged lobby, she looked up at me. “Good morning, Mr. Timberlake.â€￾ She hates me, but she always greets me with a smile.

“Any mail for me?â€￾

“Just the usual Playboy and FHM magazines.â€￾

“Cute.â€￾

She plopped the respective publications atop the marble counter between us with a roll of her eyes.

“Good morning to you too, sweetheart.â€￾ Winking, I grabbed my mail and headed towards the elevators – only to find my most favorite person of the day pushing furiously at the Up button. “Still following me, huh?â€￾

She turned in the direction of my voice and gave me a look of disgusted shock. “What are you doing here?â€￾

“Well let’s see, genius. I’ve got mail and an access card in my hand. Just maybe I work here.â€￾

She sighed as the ding of the elevator’s arrival interrupted our exchange. Under her breath, she muttered, “No f***ing way.â€￾

You can say that sh** again, sweetheart.</span></span></span>

Wow, that was shorter than I thought. So anywho, do ya loves it? Hates it? Tell me, tell me! :lol: :nerd:</span>

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:22 am

<span style='color:purple'>Great job! Very descriptive, I love it!</span>

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:32 am

love it :nod: very descriptive and a good sense of humour:
“Any mail for me?â€￾

bet that happens whenever he goes to the jive building :no:

i like this story, its very intriguing and itll be interesting to see how these two get along :nod:
The One Where They Meet
aww :wub: friends reference i presume? if not i'll just pretend it was :lol:

keep it up dear and the nobel prize will be yours in no time :nod: :thumbup:

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:52 pm

:thumbup: I love this story! :yay: It takes place in New York and Justin is a dick ... this is gonna be awesome! :nod: :lol: I had never even heard of an AU story until you explained it to us. Thanks for always giving us these varying perspectives and types of fan fiction.

Keep up the spectacular work! :clap:

P.S. Nothing could ever be too offensive for me. :rofl:

shortie17
Ultra Member

Postby shortie17 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:47 pm

I love it, keep it going

amy_byrd

Postby amy_byrd » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:42 am

:D I loves it. awesome Justin so far. i love how much a jerk he is. :lol: I'm thinking that this girl will be the one to change that though? can't wait to see where it goes with them.

As for an AU story, I've never read one either. i always wondered what it meant though :lol: Thanks for clearing that up. it's very intriguing and it seems like a good idea so you don't have to stick with Justin timberlake the pop star. :nod: keep it up!

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:52 am

I love it Ash!! I've been trying to read it since i posted it but i've had quite a few obstacles in my way the past couple of days :lol:

Two of my favorite things in the world are in this story...New York City and Justin...and hes not the usual nice guy so i love that! :nod:

“Any mail for me?â€￾

I was laughin so hard when i read that....awesome job mah dear! MORE PLEASE!

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:07 pm

<span style='color:gray'>Well m'ladies, y'all know how I am when I get on a roll, so here's the second update in like a day. :lol: Thanks y'all for the feedback. I was hella nervous about it at first, so hopefully y'all aren't bullsh**ting me when you say you like it. :unsure: :rofl:

<span style='font-family:Times'><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:darkblue'>
2 – The One Where They Go To Lunch

“Yo, could you press 10 for me?â€￾ I walked into the elevator behind the Boston guy, trying not to admire the way his left bowleg led his right as he sauntered into the small, glass car.

“Press it yourself,â€￾ he quipped, fidgeting with his coat. a**hole.

I noticed that he was riding to the sixteenth floor – The Getty Group. They’re this big stock firm in the building. He looks way too young to be a stockbroker. “You work for Getty?â€￾ I finally asked.

“Who’s askin’?â€￾

“I just did.â€￾

“Yeah.â€￾ I could tell that he was trying to think of the business that was located on my respective floor. “Burgess & Troy, right?â€￾

I nodded, moving closer to the door as I heard the ding that signified our approach to the 10th Floor. “I’m not Burgess or Troy, though.â€￾

“I think I knew that,â€￾ he stated, sarcastically. “What are you? A secretary?â€￾

The doors opened and I winked back at him, beginning to dig into my purse for keys. “Actually, I am.â€￾ With that, I walked off, leaving him to follow me down the corridor with his gaze. I even switched the hips a little more than usual to give him a show. “Nice meeting you,â€￾ I called back, hearing the doors closing.

With a sigh, I opened the double glass doors to Burgess & Troy Law Firm and plopped down at my desk, situated at the front of the huge office. One of my co-workers, whose workstation is directly across from mine, noticed my despair.

“Good morning, Dawn,â€￾ she greeted me. She smiled, watching me look for a place to tuck my soaked umbrella amidst the chaos of my desk.

“Hey, Sharry,â€￾ I answered, not bothering to look up.

“Everything all right?â€￾

“Yeah, girl. Just a long ass morning.â€￾

“Home life?â€￾

“On-the-way-to-work-asshole life,â€￾ I scoffed, shaking my head. “You’re lucky you live in the city. It’s always a b**** trying to get here from Brooklyn.â€￾

“I don’t know why you don’t just move. If I can afford it, I know you can.â€￾

“Girl, if it gets me any closer to assholes like the one I met this morning, I think I’ll pass.â€￾

As I finished my sentence, my boss came thundering through the room in her usual nosy nature. “What a**hole?â€￾

“Good morning, Liz.â€￾ Sharry and I always seem to greet her in unison.

“Hey gals. Dawn, I need for you to send these faxes,â€￾ she added, handing me a stack of papers. “Sharry, I need the callbacks from the Perry case as soon as possible.â€￾ With a smile, she hopped on my desk, crossing her long vanilla legs under her red skirt suit. “But nobody move until after you two spill. Who’s the a**hole and how cute is he? And don’t tell me he wasn’t cute because you wouldn’t be talking about him now if he wasn’t worth it.â€￾

Sharry laughed, indicating that this was my story to tell. “It’s Dawn’s ass today.â€￾

“Just some ignorant fool that I met at Starbucks today.â€￾

“Oh, really?â€￾

“Yeah, turns out he works in this building.â€￾

“Interesting.â€￾ Liz squinted her round gray eyes, seemingly trying to think of anyone that I could be referring to. “What’s his name?â€￾

“Oh, sh**, I don’t even know.â€￾

“Figures. You never come in with the good details, Dawn!â€￾

“Well sorry if the dude from the 16th floor isn’t high on my priority list.â€￾

Both Liz and Sharry glanced at one another, acting like they had a secret that I was being left out of. “16th floor?â€￾ Sharry asked.

“Yeah,â€￾ I confirmed. “He said he works for The Getty Group. He looks a little young to be there, though.â€￾

Liz chuckled knowingly. “By any chance does he have really short, curly brown hair? Clean-shaven, dressed impeccably? Thick Boston accent?â€￾

“That would be the a**hole,â€￾ I smirked. “You know him?â€￾

She rolled her eyes to the ceiling exaggeratedly, laughing, and climbed off of my desk. “All too well, Dawn.â€￾

“What’s so funny?â€￾ I smiled. “Is he gay?â€￾

“Not at all, Dawn. Not at all.â€￾ She walked off, chuckling to herself, and into her office. “Get back to work!â€￾ she yelled playfully, just before her door closed.

“She slept with him,â€￾ Sharry whispered to me, across the space between us.

I dropped my mouth in slight shock. “Liz? Are you serious?â€￾ She nodded in confirmation. “He can’t be older than twenty-five!â€￾ I hissed. “And she’s—“

“Forty-five,â€￾ Sharry finished. “I know, girl. Apparently, he’s gotten every woman in the building wrapped around his little finger.â€￾

“Fuuck that. He’s got ‘em wrapped around his dick!â€￾

“You said it.â€￾

We shared another laugh as I sat with my mouth dropped for a few seconds longer before attempting another question. “So wait, what’s this kid’s name?â€￾

Out of nowhere, Liz reappeared, answering my question. “Justin. Justin Timberlake. Now get back to work, for the last time.â€￾

The hours between the big revelation of the day and my lunch break went by incredibly slowly, and I couldn’t quite focus on anything that was happening from the intrigue of this Timberland character. Or is it Timberlake? Whatever – the Justin guy. There was something about him that I just couldn’t put my finger on, but hearing about him made me want to know more. As much as I wanted to, I couldn’t just label him as ‘that son of a b**** from Starbucks’ anymore. Something tells me that he’s that, and maybe a little more.

Seeing Sharry returning from lunch, I replaced my leather boots onto my size sevens, pulled on my jacket, grabbed my umbrella and headed for the 16th floor.

I’d only been up there once before, and it was very brief. I didn’t like it at all. The atmosphere was too stuffy for me. It was just a bunch of uppity white men in business suits and toting briefcases. Why I’m here now, I don’t know, but maybe this Justin guy will make it worth my while.

Just as I pressed the door buzzer to obtain access into their office suite, my favorite Bostonian’s over-six-foot frame came bustling through the door with, who’d I assume to be, a co-worker of the same stature and an apparent Italian descent.

Justin looked at me briefly before rolling his eyes. “You just don’t quit, do you?â€￾

“Aren’t you going to introduce me?â€￾ his friend interjected.

“What for?â€￾ he shot back, heading for the elevator. “Let’s go, Joe.â€￾

I extended my hand to the friend, admiring his hazel eyes. “Justin’s not in a good mood today,â€￾ I said, amused by Justin’s shock of me knowing his name. “You can call me DJ.â€￾

“Joseph Fatone,â€￾ he replied, shaking my hand lightly. “Justin’s never in a good mood, is he?â€￾

“Apparently not. But I came up here to see if I could fix that, and perhaps steal your buddy away for lunch.â€￾ I eyed Justin as Joseph and I advanced for the spot where he stood.

“I already have plans with Joey,â€￾ he retorted.

“I could just as easily have some Chinese delivered,â€￾ Joseph jumped in.

“No, no, if Justin doesn’t want to eat with me, I’d never even think of forcing him into anything.â€￾

“Good.â€￾

Joseph – err, Joey – looked back and forth between us and reopened the door to their office. “Justin, I think I’m gonna have to pass, buddy. I’m not really down for the rain.â€￾

“Just f***ing great,â€￾ Justin said loudly. We watched Joey disappear back into the suite and stepped onto the elevator, riding to the first floor in silence.

“Well, I guess you’re on your own.â€￾

“Fuuck you.â€￾ He shrugged his khaki-colored raincoat over his black suit and began to unwrap his little red umbrella.

As the doors to the outside world reopened, I glanced at the man beside me, taking notice of just how delicate his rosy cheeks and blue eyes made him appear. It was such a contrast to his biting personality. “This is your last chance.â€￾

“DJ, or whatever your name is, I wouldn’t go out with you if you paid me.â€￾

“Damn, it’s just lunch, yo. I’m not askin’ you to marry me.â€￾

“Well my answer is still ‘no.’â€￾

Yeah, I guess there’s no helping this motherf***er. “Suit yourself.â€￾ Into the rain, I went, unaware and uncaring of what Justin Timberlake’s plans were.

Seconds later, I heard his annoying-ass voice behind me. “Hey!â€￾

The raindrops blurring the distance between us, I didn’t bother to turn all the way around. “What?â€￾

“Wait up!â€￾

I waited for him to catch up to my spot on the middle of the sidewalk before commenting, “I’m not paying you.â€￾

He scoffed and almost smiled before catching himself. “Then don’t expect good company.â€￾

“I’d never ask of such a thing from you. I wouldn’t want you to strain yourself or anything.â€￾

“Where are we going anyway?â€￾

“Don’t tell me you’re tired of walking already.â€￾

“No. All the good restaurants are in the f***in’ opposite direction.â€￾

I cut my eyes at him, wondering if he could really be that dense. “I’m not really down with the bougie-man routine. I’m just going to get me an old-fashioned sandwich from the deli around the corner.â€￾

“Your attitude is really uncalled for.â€￾

“My attitude!â€￾ It’s official. People from Boston are insane. “Shut up and get in the damn store,â€￾ I replied, pushing him into the small confines of one of the many delis off of Wall Street.

“Don’t f***in’ touch me.â€￾ Sneering, he pulled down his umbrella, shaking the excess water onto innocent patrons.

“Yo, you really need to chill with that.â€￾

“It’s just water.â€￾

Sighing and exasperated, I ignored him and his obstinacy, and we ordered our respective sandwiches, planning to take them to the neighboring pizzeria to eat there.

They be tryin’ to bring you flowers
You prefer your roses blue
Others were tryin to get in your trousers
I was just tryin’ to get into you
I was just tryin’ to get with you, honest

“Can I ask you another question?â€￾ The two of us were sat comfortably in Giuseppe’s Pizzeria, chomping on turkey subs and attempting conversation.

He looked at me with boredom, dropping his sandwich to the wrapping underneath it. “What now?â€￾

“Well if you don’t want me to ask it, just say the word.â€￾ Something tells me that this son of a b**** is actually enjoying my company. He wouldn’t be sitting here otherwise, would he?

“Just ask the f***in’ question.â€￾

“Well, okay, you’re twenty-four, right?â€￾

“Right.â€￾

“How in the hell did you come to work for Getty?â€￾

He rolled his eyes slightly, but then gave me a hint of a chuckle. “My father actually got me the initial job. I’ve interned with them every summer since I was a freshman, so as soon as I graduated from Boston, I already had a job.â€￾

“What did you major in?â€￾

“I meant since I was a freshman in high school.â€￾

Holy sh**! He gives a new meaning to networking. “You’re kidding.â€￾

“Do I look like I’m kidding?â€￾

“Okay, okay – back to my question. What was your major?â€￾

“My father made sure that I focused on business, just like him.â€￾

“Is that not what you wanted to do?â€￾

“Of course it was. I’ve never wanted anything more than to be like my dad. It’s been my life goal ever –“ He suddenly stopped talking and picked at the shredded lettuce in his sandwich.

I looked at him, baffled. “Ever…?â€￾

“Why are we talking about this? We just came out to eat. Not talk.â€￾

When you find the time, how can I get to know ya?

“What’s wrong with being curious?â€￾

“Curiosity killed the cat.â€￾

Damn, what was that that brought it back? “Justin, I’m not asking for your life story. I just want you to finish your sentence.â€￾

“Just forget it, all right?â€￾

Your name, number, game, tell me anything
I gotta get to know ya

“Okay. I’ll let you off the hook for now. But don’t think you’re gonna push me away with that fake little b**** routine you have going.â€￾

“What makes you think it’s fake?â€￾

“Because if you were really as much of a b**** as you want to relay, you wouldn’t be sitting here with me because you wouldn’t have given me a second glance after I left the coffee shop this morning.â€￾

He took a long gulp of his fruit punch, his silvery blue eyes penetrating mine in the process, and nodded. “Why do you care?â€￾

I know that you’ve never seen me

“Why ask ‘Why?’ Just finish what you started.â€￾

“You’re a f***in’ b****. You know that?â€￾

I know that I’m not your style

“You are too, but you don’t see me complaining, do you?â€￾

He gives me a glimpse of an amazingly beautiful set of white teeth when he smiles slightly. “Funny.â€￾

“Yeah, I knew you had a sense of humor somewhere in there.â€￾ Beaming, I added, “And a gorgeous smile, too.â€￾

His grin immediately disappeared, but the twinkle in his eyes didn’t waver whatsoever. “Well, all I was gonna say is that I’ve admired my father ever since my mother left him when I was a kid.â€￾

Well sh**, I damn sure wasn’t expecting that. I looked down sorrowfully, regretting that I was so adamant. “I’m sorry.â€￾

“Don’t be. Me and my dad had a better life than that b**** ever could’ve given us.â€￾

I know that you don’t need me

My heart told me to take hold of his hand perched on top of the table, but my head told me to follow his direction and not touch him. After all, I don’t know him like that. Instead, I merely tried to comfort him with my gaze.

“Stop lookin’ at me like that,â€￾ he chided. “I’m not about to cry.â€￾

But you do

“Justin, the harder you push me away, the more I’m gonna pull you back.â€￾

“Why?â€￾

You’ve got my dreams

“I don’t really know. Something about the way you light up a room with your terrible attitude.â€￾ I finished off the last bit of my sandwich, which had dwindled to bread, mayonnaise and lettuce, and licked my lips. “I’m gonna bring you out of that hard little shell if it kills me.â€￾

I’ll be here, longing to know ya

Lyrics: “Gotta Get To Know Yaâ€￾ – Maxwell (Maxwell Now)</span></span></span>

Oh, and yes the chapter titles are my little hommage to Friends. Thanks for noticing, Helena. :lol: Now, let's see if y'all still like it. :ph34r:</span>

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:50 pm

Ahhh, that sucks that Justin's mom walked out on him and his dad. He's gonna have issues with chicks ... good lordy Jesus! I'm glad that DJ wants to take the time and get to know him and help him let loose a bit. :nod: He's an intriguing mofo to say the least!

MORE!

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:00 pm

I love this story even more man!

That sucks that Justins mom left him and his dad when he was lil...poor thing...so that explains all of his issues with women :nod: And Joey works with J :wub: so cute! I hope that DJ changes J for the good though :nod: MORE PLEASE!

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:32 am

boo hiss lynne :thumbdown: :o did i just say that? definately au :nod:

:yay: yay for friends! loves it :nod:

i loved how youve shown this justin to be a bastard and womaniser but still have a side to him the reader can sympathise with :nod: great work :thumbup:

now update :nod:

jts_senorita
Supreme Member

Postby jts_senorita » Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:45 am

:jawdrop: I love it! I love how descriptive it is and how I can picture everything happening as it happens, like a little movie or something. And it has that whole New York vibe to it, I can just feel it as I read. It's neat to read since your other story was more fairytale like. I love how Justin's not famous and everything. ( Exept he's mean.. :( ) But it's all good because it gives him depth, and I'm so interested. Is this like how you interpret Justin would have turned out if he grew up with his father rather than his mother? Cuz that's a cool idea. Anyways... keep writing!! I'm hooked!

Bluechic01
Ultra Member

Postby Bluechic01 » Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:46 am

:yay: to the titles of the chapters being a nice little dedication to our favorite six Friends in New York!

Awesome story :thumbup: And you did a great job with writing it!

And dude, I'm so bad at this feedback thing because I already know what's gonna happen and you already know how I feel about the story :lol:

I'll just say you're a great writer and I love you Biatch!! :D

JTnTN
Supreme Member

Postby JTnTN » Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:52 am

I read this yesterday, but my computer was being so ridiculous it ain't even funny. I just have to say that I LOVVVVVVE it! First of all, lil' mama is a Yankees fan so you KNOW that got me hooked. :yay: And then Justin is an a**hole from Boston. How fuuckin' perfect is that! It's set in NYC! :wub: And Sharry! ^_^ I guess this is the only way I'll be able to interact with the girl. :lol:

Hell, I even love the colors. Go Yankees! :lol: Awesome writing, girl. You never cease to amaze. The descriptions are too on point for freakin' words. I imagine Dawn looking like LaToya London :lol:. And Justin reminds me of my boy from Nip/Tuck. :ph34r: What a kick ass combo.

Why am I babbling? You know you rock. Gimme another hit, baby. :D

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:11 pm

“Among other things, the Red Sox.â€￾

“Say what?â€￾

“Are you deaf or dumb? The Red Sox, baby. Beat the Yankees 5-2 last night. At home.â€￾

:o Justin...from Boston? You won me over. :lol:

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:47 pm

It’s official. People from Boston are insane.

:rofl: Hey there now, Miss Dawn.

shortie17
Ultra Member

Postby shortie17 » Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:15 pm

I'm loving it, keep it coming

amy_byrd

Postby amy_byrd » Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:49 pm

Good grief girl, I don't even think i need to tell you how much i love this. The characters are so different. Dawn is all nice and considerate and then this justin is a big old asswipe. :lol: And then to top it off he hates his mom. That is certainly a big alternate universe lol.

This is great, ash. i'm totally hooked. MORE! :please:

sexyirishgurl
Supreme Member

Postby sexyirishgurl » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:55 pm

hooked already ,love ur wrting girl ,u have such a way with words.

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:58 pm

<span style='color:gray'>:wub: I love you guys so much, man. Thanks for the amazing feedback with this. :notworthy:</span>

<span style='font-family:Times'><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>
3 – The One At The Game

“So how long do you think it’ll be before you nail her?â€￾

Me and Joe are standing two inches inside my end-of-the-hall office, discussing the chick I’ve been hangin’ out with from downstairs. Her name is DJ, but I usually just refer to her as my b****.

I shook my head, looking down at my mug full of hot, black coffee. Heh, speaking of my b****… “I don’t know, man. It’s still early.â€￾

“After a week, you usually lose interest,â€￾ he laughed.

“That’s only if I don’t think she’s worth the wait.â€￾

“Well I have something that just might move the process along.â€￾ He reached into the inside pocket of his navy suit jacket and handed me an envelope. “Here.â€￾

I looked back at him with lack of amusement. “Joe, I’m not gonna pay her to f*** me.â€￾

“Open it, you jackass.â€￾

Inside the little white envelope, there were two tickets before me. I shot my eyes back to Joey, who was grinning wildly. “You’re f***in’ kidding me.â€￾

“I can’t go, so I hope you and DJ enjoy them. And get a little somethin’ afterwards too, eh?â€￾

I laughed and handed him my coffee mug, headed straight for the elevators. Checking my watch, I saw that it was closing in on a quarter to 10:00, so DJ was sure to be planted at her desk by now. Gingerly, I entered the 10th floor office, disappointed to find DJ’s desk being occupied by some fat blonde woman that I’ve never seen before, and hope to never have to lay eyes on again.

“Excuse me, but did you eat the woman that usually sits here?â€￾

She looked up from her game of Free Cell and removed a set of ear buds from her ears. “I’m sorry, can I help you?â€￾

“Yeah, where’s DJ?â€￾

She gave me a look of bewilderment and shrugged slowly. “I’m sorry. I don’t know who that is.â€￾

Of course they replace the fine piece of chocolate with this big blob of stupidity. “The woman that usually sits here,â€￾ I sighed. “Where is she?â€￾

If she was fired, I swear to God… “Oh, you mean Dawn? I believe she’s off today for some kind of appointment,â€￾ she answered. “Is there something that I can help you with?â€￾

“If I thought so, I would’ve asked for it.â€￾ Who the f*** is Dawn, anyway?

“Well, sir, I’m sorry that I couldn’t be of service.â€￾

“Yeah, thanks,â€￾ I mumbled, walking towards the exit.

“I think I have her cellular phone number here,â€￾ she called after me, consequently causing me to stop in my tracks. “Would you like it?â€￾

“You’re sure it’s hers?â€￾

“Yes, sir. Dawn James?â€￾

Oh, so that’s what DJ stands for. “Well then hand it over.â€￾

She scribbled a handful of numbers on a bright pink Post-It and shoved it across the desk for me to pick up. I grumbled another “Thanks,â€￾ on my way through the door.

I raced upstairs to my office to call ‘Dawn’ immediately, memorizing the numbers as I dialed them.

“Good morning?â€￾ I can tell that she’s the kind of broad that smiles when she answers the phone.

“Good morning to you, Dawn.â€￾

“Who is this?â€￾

“You don’t know? You mean my unbearable likeness to Will Hunting, as you so poetically put it the other day, doesn’t give it away?â€￾

There was a shuffle in the background before she put it all together. “How the hell? Justin?â€￾

“Don’t get too excited.â€￾

“Don’t worry, baby. What do you want?â€￾

“I’m just calling to find out why you’re not at work.â€￾

“Why? You miss me or somethin’?â€￾

“Heh, f*** no. I just think you should tell me if you’re not gonna show up so I can save the walk downstairs.â€￾

“Well, just to calm your nerves, I’ll be in after lunch.â€￾

“Don’t hustle in here on my account.â€￾

“I’m not,â€￾ she scoffed. “I’m coming in for the benefit of my bank account.â€￾

Yeah, you better. “Bye.â€￾

Well, I guess I’m on my own for lunch today. It won’t be the first time – just the first time since I’ve met her. Dawn, that is – or DJ. Whatever I’m supposed to call her. I’ll just trek it to Giuseppe’s and bring a couple of slices of pepperoni back here.

Lunchtime passed and I ate in solitude. I didn’t mind. I’ve been doing it on and off for two years. It was just different from what I’ve gotten used to all week. As annoying as she is, DJ is good company on those rainy October days when I want is someone to hear me talk. She wasn’t lying when she told me she listened well. As it turns out, though, she’s not just an aggravating b****.

Involuntarily hoping that DJ had made it to work by now, I headed for the staircase, not wanting to f*** with the idiot elevators in this f***ing building. The twelve flights of steps between us would take less time than the damn elevator. Happily, I strutted into the office of Burgess & Troy, seeing DJ chomping away at a salad.

“Yo,â€￾ she smiled, with a mouth full of food.

“Yo,â€￾ I imitated, slapping a ticket onto her desk. “Meet me at 7:30 sharp.â€￾ I winked and headed straight back for where I came from.

+++++++++++++++

At 7:29PM, I sat in my seat at Yankee Stadium, watching the throngs of fans pile inside. The night was pleasantly warm for this time of year – so much so that I was almost tempted to smile at the feel of the breeze against my cheek. Ordinarily, I wouldn’t dare set foot in this f***ing stadium, but the tickets were free and I still get to see my boys play.

Just as I was about to consult my watch for the time once again, the top of a navy blue cap, covering a short, oval, brown face, came bobbing up to me. “Wow! Timberlands and a leather jacket – I knew you could dress normal,â€￾ DJ exclaimed. She stood before me with her NY cap, peeling off her jacket to reveal a short-sleeved, dark blue shirt over a long-sleeved white one, and baggy black jeans.

“And you actually look halfway decent, yourself,â€￾ I retorted, rolling my eyes.

“Is that a complim—“

“You know, compared to the train wreck that you usually are.â€￾

“You just can’t stand to be nice for more than half a second, can you?â€￾ she laughed, indulging in the enemy territory. “It’s all good. I know you love me.â€￾

“Yeah, I love you as much as I love the Yankees.â€￾

“That’s two shocking admissions in one sentence. You better watch out before you admit that you love New York, too.â€￾

“Ha. Ha. Just sit down, all right?â€￾

“Whatever you say, sir.â€￾

+++

Silently amused, we cheered for the entering teams. I couldn’t quite root for the Sox as I wanted to, seeing how we were seated directly to the right of the f***ing Yankees dugout. I may be stubborn, but I’m no idiot. New Yorkers don’t play about that sh**.

I cheered to myself when Boston scored while the rest of the raucous crowd threw sh** at them. I had to hold my tongue whenever New York would get a run so that I wouldn’t get stoned. In spite of it all, and as much as I hate to admit it, I had fun with DJ, chowing down on hot dogs and popcorn. She recognized my excitement for the Red Sox and playfully shunned it while I did the same to her. Everything was going practically perfectly.

Until the Sox lost. We sat through twelve innings. Johnny Damon had been playing amazingly all night – Four runs and one home run. Myers had his pitching down to a tee. Not one walk. But that f***ing Giambi had to step in and f*** it all up. The motherf***er has been out all f***ing season, but tonight, of all nights, he chooses to come back. The bases were loaded when he hit a fly ball into left. We were done for after that.

“Yo,â€￾ DJ started, rising from her seat, “let’s go.â€￾ She’d begun to tap my shoulder, but I remained where I was, ignoring her before she hit me. “Get up!â€￾

I shot my eyes up to her after looking at the spot that she’d struck. “Are you insane?â€￾

“Are you? Get up before we’re stuck here all night trying to get out.â€￾

I turned to see the piles of people attempting to exit the stadium. “What’s the difference if we get up now or in five minutes. There’s a f***load of people up there.â€￾

“Stop being lazy,â€￾ she laughed. “It’s too late for me to be sitting here.â€￾

“Don’t worry. I’ll get you home.â€￾

“What? You’re offering to be a gentleman and take me home?â€￾

“Yeah, I’m not always a prick,â€￾ I chuckled back at her. “Besides, we’re riding the subway. Nothing extravagant.â€￾

“If you’re willing to ride all the way to Brooklyn, then that’s extravagant enough for me.â€￾

I looked at her like she was out of her goddamn mind. “Brooklyn?â€￾ I yelled.

“Yeah, where’d you think I lived?â€￾

“No further than downtown! It’s 1:00 in the f***ing morning. I’m not goin’ all the way to Brooklyn!â€￾

“Well then that’s why you need to get up!â€￾

Shiit, if I’d known she lived in Brooklyn, I would’ve left an hour ago. Now, I won’t get home until f***ing 4AM. “Come on,â€￾ I said, grabbing her arm and pushing our way through the crowds. I don’t have time for this sh**.

“Yo, where are we going?â€￾

“To f***in’ Brooklyn.â€￾

“Justin, you really don’t have to do this,â€￾ she screeched behind me. “I’m a big girl. I can get home alone.â€￾

I better get some major f***ing brownie points for this. “Just come on.â€￾

Finally making it out of the chaos of the stadium, we stood in the station of the Bronx’s most famous subway, with what looks like about five hundred people, waiting for the next train. It didn’t seem to want to come. We stood for minutes, waiting on a 1, 2, 3, or even a 9. The only thing that seemed to find this station were trains going to f***ing Queens.

“This is just perfect,â€￾ I yelled, waiting on other people to look in my direction in confusion.

“What’s your problem?â€￾ DJ shot at me.

“What do you think the f***in’ problem is? It’s almost 2 o’clock and I’m standing here.â€￾

“Justin, I told you that you didn’t have to do this. I can take a cab, and you can go on your way.â€￾

“You think you’re gonna find a cab out there that’s going to your neck of the woods?â€￾

“Well whatever,â€￾ she retorted. “I don’t need you with me. We were just – we had a good time, and I don’t want the night to be ruined because of this.â€￾

Heh, too late. I looked at her in sorrow, knowing that I was overreacting. I’m just pissed that we lost. “I apologize.â€￾

“Don’t even sweat it,â€￾ she said, rubbing my arm.

I shrugged her hand off of me. “Don’t touch me, all right?â€￾

Turning from me to watch the approach of the 3, she said, “This angry-at-the-world routine isn’t gonna shut me out forever, Justin.â€￾

“What are you talkin’ about?â€￾

“Just get on the train.â€￾

We rode through New York in silence. We had to stand all the way through midtown, finally squeezing into seats adjacent to one another once we reached the 14th Street stop.

“Where are we getting off?â€￾ I asked.

“Nevins Street,â€￾ she replied tersely.

I don’t know why I asked. I don’t know sh** about train stops in Brooklyn. “How many more stops do we have to go?â€￾ She glared at me with deep brown eyes and shuffled through her jacket pocket, handing me two one-dollar bills. “What is this for?â€￾

“Your fare to get home.â€￾ Without a second glance, she rested back into her seat and closed her eyes. “We have five more stops.â€￾

More silence enveloped us while we made our way through Brooklyn, unwilling to speak to each other, but unsure exactly why. Exiting the train station, I memorized our path through the quiet, empty streets. Damn, Brooklyn sure as hell is a lot quieter than Manhattan at 2AM. She walked ahead of me, briskly, her navy blue Timberlands making a quiet thump against the concrete. She switched her hips as if she were mad about something, but keeping it to herself in order to avoid drama.

“If there’s something on your mind, why don’t you just say it?â€￾ I called after her.

“Justin, I have nothing to say to you, okay?â€￾

“Then why are you acting like you do?â€￾

“If I had something to say, then I’d say it.â€￾

“You’re full of sh**, you know that?â€￾ I chided.

She finally stopped and turned around to look at me. She kept walking, but slowed her pace in order to walk backwards. “Because?â€￾

“Because you’re afraid to talk to me, but you act like you’re so keen on getting me to open up.â€￾

“Yeah, and you’re so stuck on being an arrogant, stuffy a**hole that you can’t recognize when you’ve had a good time and leave it at that. You always have to ruin sh** with your attitude.â€￾

“See? I knew you had something to say.â€￾

“Go home, Justin. I’m right around the corner from my apartment, so your obligatory company ends here.â€￾

“Now who’s pushing who away?â€￾

“Don’t you get it? I’m sick of you! I thought you were someone that I wanted to get to know, but as it turns out, I knew you for the jerk that you are when I first laid eyes on you.â€￾

I watched as she continued to walk, hardly paying attention to where she was going. “DJ, you need to, uh—“

“There you go again. Always telling other people what they need. You need to – Ow!â€￾ She can’t say I didn’t try to warn her. In the wake of her sentence, she went walking right into a street pole.

Before she could stumble off of the sidewalk and yell at me some more, I grabbed her and made a dive for her lips. I don’t know what compelled me to do it, but I figured it couldn’t hurt too much. At the very least, it shut her up for a minute.

When it was done, she lifted her slim, curvy eyebrow at me, licking her lips. “What was that about?â€￾

I backed off and looked at the car parked behind our exchange. “Yeah, I know right.â€￾

She sighed and turned to the cross street that was also situated behind us. “Justin, I—“

“Don’t say anything stupid,â€￾ I interrupted, jokingly.

“I uh, have to go.â€￾

She tried to dart off, but I grabbed her hand before she could. “Is everything all right?â€￾

“Yeah, fine. It’s just really late and I have to get up in the morning.â€￾

“I do, too.â€￾

“Yeah, so you should go, too.â€￾

“I could go… with you.â€￾

“Or you could go… home,â€￾ she said, relieving her hand of my grasp. “I’ll see you tomorrow, Justin.â€￾

I watched her rush off, into the darkness of Smith Street, not fully grasping the fact that she’d just shot me down. It’s a rare occurrence for me, but sometimes, it makes me just that more interested. “Yeah, see you tomorrow, Dawn.â€￾</span></span></span>

jts_senorita
Supreme Member

Postby jts_senorita » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:38 pm

Ooh, it's so good!! :wub: Can't wait for more!

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:41 pm

“Excuse me, but did you eat the woman that usually sits here?â€￾

:no: Damn! Justin, that sh** is harsh. But funny, nonetheless. :rofl: I feel bad for the women working in his office. What an ass. :lol:

Dawn walked into a pole. :rofl: :rofl: Hmmm, seems we have a clumsy little one here. :nod:

I'm glad that she doesn't put up with his crap and calls him out. She's not gonna be an easy one to tame, so he has his work cut out for himself. No sex for Justin on the first night! :nana:

shortie17
Ultra Member

Postby shortie17 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:50 pm

Man Justin is such a prick, but I like it.
keep it coming

SiMPLYiNSYNC
Ultra Member

Postby SiMPLYiNSYNC » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:50 pm

Whee, I like it...I like it a LOT.

I walked into a street pole once...:rofl:

JTnTN
Supreme Member

Postby JTnTN » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:10 am

Yes! Yankees kicked ass! :bootyshake: :rofl: :rofl: DJ walked into a pole. :rofl: Sounds like something I would do.

I love this story more with every chapter. ^_^ Could Justin BE any more of an ass? :lol: He cracks me up though. Ya know, besides trying to get into poor DJ's pants. :nono: Hey, I just noticed DJ - Dawn James, Derek Jeter. :thinking: I like!

I'm glad she ain't takin' his sh**. That little scene after the game was very ... I dunno, but I liked it. :lol: Update now, biitch. :P

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:18 pm

:wub: hes falling for her, you can tell, only a little but falling none the less, and anyone who makes justin less of a prick is okay by me :thumbup: although :rofl: at the comment at the other receptionist :rofl:

keep it coming my dear :nod:

sexyirishgurl
Supreme Member

Postby sexyirishgurl » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:13 pm

great chapter girl and tat bit were justin said "did u eat the woman that sits here " was so funny had me in stiches lol great stuff luvin it as usual.

u no wat 2 do

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:48 pm

<span style='color:blue'>Okay, this may turn into my fave story ever. ^_^ Not only because I'm in it, unless I'm the fat blonde who ate Dawn :huh: :nono:, but because the chick is a kick ass Yankee fan who doesn't put up with Timbersh** and he's a Boston loving bastard. ^_^ Aw, perfect in my eyes. Keep it up! Oh, and I noticed the DJ thing too... of course. :wub:</span>

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:05 pm

justins bubbles wrote: <span style='color:blue'> ^_^ Not only because I'm in it, unless I'm the fat blonde who ate Dawn :huh: :nono:</span>

^^Girl, how did you know? Sharry likes to eat girls! :blink:

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:54 am

:thumbup: I love it Ash! It's taken me long enough to read it :lol:
Very funny and different :wub: Great characters and description, can't wait for more!!!

amy_byrd

Postby amy_byrd » Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:31 pm

:rofl: what a hilarious chapter. That poor woman sitting at dj's desk. :lol: and then her walking into a pole. :rofl: How sad that she's trying so hard to be nice to him and he's just trying to f*** her and STILL be an ass about it. :nono:

i absolutely love this. More please! :D

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:03 pm

Aww :wub: I love it more and more after every chapter.....Dawn running into the pole :rofl: that is so something i'd do...no wait i have done that before...and i've run into doors, volleyball nets, oh the list goes on and on :rofl:

But at least he's trying to be nice taking her home...although we all know hte motivation behind that :no: He should know that she aint gonna give it up that easy to him :no: MORE PLEASE!

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:29 pm

<span style='color:gray'>:nerd: This is fun having all the replies in one place. ^_^ Glad y'all are enjoying it. It's sad that I need y'all for reassurance, but what-the-fuuck-ever. Y'all kick ass. :lol: Thanks so much for the feedback. And no, Sharry, you're not the big stupid blob. :kiss: This one's all for you, babe. :D</span>

<span style='font-family:Times'><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:darkblue'>

4 – The One With the Sexetary

“Damn. Rough night?â€￾ Sharry was never one to hold her tongue, I guess.

Then again, I do look like sh** run over a couple of times. “It most certainly was,â€￾ I replied, stumbling to my desk.

“Well what happened? You look terrible.â€￾

I looked at her sarcastically. I mean, does she not realize that I did look in the mirror before I left home – as if that wasn’t bad enough for my self-esteem. “I just didn’t get much sleep.â€￾

“Trouble at home?â€￾

I threw my hands across my short hair in frustration. “I went to the game last night with Justin.â€￾

“Justin? From the 16th floor?â€￾ she exclaimed.

Damn, girl. Calm down. “Yeah, that motherf***er.â€￾

“Dawn! You have to spill. Now!â€￾

“Spill what? We met at the game, watched it, the Sux lost, and then we came home.â€￾

“Together?â€￾

“No, Sharry. I went home to my apartment and he went home to his apartment.â€￾ I paused, pinching the bridge of my nose, and finally reconsidering. “Actually, I don’t know where he went, and I damn sure don’t give a sh**.â€￾

“Dawn. Am I sensing some sexual tension?â€￾

This girl. “Is it always about sex with you?â€￾

She laughed, watching the phone ring in front of her. “No, actually, it’s all about sex with him,â€￾ she winked.

“Answer the phone, whore,â€￾ I laughed back, glad that that conversation was over. I shuffled papers back and forth across my desk, trying to appear busy when Justin, decked out in a charcoal gray suit, his usual arrangement of a red and gray tie, and glasses perched on his nose, swaggered into the office with a box full of paper. If his presence didn’t annoy me so much, I’d say Damn, ‘cause that bastard looks good today.

“Yo, Dawn,â€￾ he addressed me, over-imitating my New York accent.

“Good morning, Mr. Timberlake.â€￾

“What’s with the formality? I’m still Justin.â€￾

“Well then I’m still DJ,â€￾ I shot back.

“Fair enough.â€￾ He let the box fall to my desk and began to place its contents on the empty, and even not-so-empty spaces of its surface. “I have some work for you.â€￾

I gave him a definitive scoff of dismissal. “I don’t work for you.â€￾

“Yes, that’s very true,â€￾ he calmly agreed, sitting on my desk and pulling off his frameless specs to stare at me as intensely as possible. “But I spoke with your boss and she informed me that I could use you at will, seeing how my secretary is out sick today.â€￾

“Use me, huh? You’re not done with me yet?â€￾

“Oh, I’m just getting started, sweetheart.â€￾

“Well then staht, so that you can finish, sweethaht,â€￾ I retorted, mocking his own annoying accent.

“Make fun of me all you want. Just do the work.â€￾

“Your wish is my command.â€￾

As Sharry hung up the phone, she smiled at the sight of Justin. “I think I like the sound of that, Dawn.â€￾ God, could she be beaming any more? “Hi, Justin.â€￾

“Good morning, Sheila.â€￾

“It’s Sharry,â€￾ I hissed at him, pinching his backside, which was sitting directly in plain view.

“Whatever,â€￾ he mumbled, rising from my desk. He gave his attention back to Sharry, sauntering to her work area coolly. “How are you today?â€￾

“I’m absolutely awesome,â€￾ she replied, tossing her long brown hair. “Although, I heard about the Sox losing last night. I was so damn upset.â€￾ That b**** didn’t even know until I told her!

“You a Boston fan?â€￾ Justin asked, replacing his glasses on his face.

“Oh yeah, man. We don’t have any teams back home in Tennessee, so the Sox are all I have.â€￾

He sat on her desk, facing her and nodding. “Is that so?â€￾

“Yeah. So did you at least have a good time at the game?â€￾

“Not really. I was actually pretty bored,â€￾ he said, making sure that his words were emphasized for my benefit.

“You know that’s because you didn’t invite me.â€￾

“You’re probably right. Anyone would’ve been better company than Dawn.â€￾

“Seriously,â€￾ she agreed. Oh, that b**** is goin’ on my list if she doesn’t quit.

“Justin, don’t you have some work you need to be doing?â€￾ I interrupted.

Without even turning his head in my direction, he casually said, “Nope.â€￾ With that, he moved in closer to Sharry, being sure to make me wonder what the hell he was doing. “You have the most beautiful brown eyes I’ve ever seen,â€￾ he told her. Ugh.

“Well thank you,â€￾ she giggled. “I’ve always admired yours from afar.â€￾

“Really?â€￾

“Yeah,â€￾ she nodded animatedly. “I’ve always loved blue eyes – the color of the ocean and the sky. Although, yours are a much deeper, darker tint – a mysterious blue.â€￾

What the f***? She stole those words, verbatim, from what I told her last week! “Justin, I think you need to go. You’re distracting Sharry.â€￾ And making her lose her damn mind.

“I think that if Sharry wants me to go, then Sharry would ask me to go,â€￾ he quipped. “Sharry, do you want me to go?â€￾

“Not at all. You can stay up here as long as you want, Justin.â€￾

Now how did I know she’d say some sh** like that. “Well you’re distracting me,â€￾ I shot back. “And I do have all this work to do, thanks to you.â€￾

“Dawn, you are so rude. I’m sitting here having a conversation with this beautiful woman, and all you can think about is yourself. How about if you stay over there and leave our business to us.â€￾

“Justin, you are not fooling anybody.â€￾

“I’m sorry, what?â€￾

“Nothing. Just do your thing.â€￾

He took heed and gave all his attention to Sharry, the damn Sexetary. “So Sharry, what are you doing for lunch today?â€￾

“With any luck, you.â€￾

“Today just might be your lucky day,â€￾ he chuckled, standing up to walk behind her. His hands crept over her shoulders, removing her suit jacket to reveal a low-cut, black wraparound shirt. He consequently began to rub her shoulders, whispering into her ear. Damn it, I wish I could hear what he was saying. She giggled, rolling her neck into the direction of his face, while his fingers lingered on her bare skin.

“Excuse me,â€￾ I interjected, “but this is an office. You two need to save the sex for the bathroom or wait ‘til everyone is gone like normal people.â€￾

Ignoring me, Justin’s eyes scanned the plunged neckline of Sharry’s shirt, smiling at the sight. She famously has a rose tattooed on her left breast, and today, it’s visible. “That’s a wicked gorgeous flower you have there,â€￾ he commented.

“Thank you,â€￾ she moaned at his touch.

“Would you mind if I took a whiff?â€￾

“I’d mind if you didn’t.â€￾ I watched her smile to herself while his nose took a dive for her cleavage and I immediately became sick to my stomach. I don’t know why. It’s not as though I like him like that. We’re just friends – if you could even call it that. But damn that bastard for looking so good today.

I thanked God when Sharry’s phone rang, startling the three of us, and causing Justin to back off of the little whore. “I’ll see you at lunch,â€￾ he said softly to her as she picked up the receiver, beaming. Walking over to me, he grinned rather maliciously. “Have that work on my desk as soon as possible.â€￾

I narrowed my eyes at him before rolling them. “Like I said, I don’t work for you.â€￾

“You work for anybody. You are, you know, just a secretary. Dawn.â€￾ With those last burning words, he was gone as quickly as he’d come.

A slight chill ran down my spine when he uttered those three words – just a secretary. It’s not like it was uncharacteristic of him. In fact, it’s a typical Justin Timberlake statement. I guess it stung so much because I was hoping that he saw more than that in me. If nothing else, I figured he thought of me as more than just a secretary. The more I thought about it, the more it pissed me off.

Without another second passing, I rose from my desk and stormed out of the office angrily. My frustration gave me the energy to ignore the elevators and run upstairs to the infamous 16th floor. If that motherf***er thinks he can talk to me like that and get away with it, I swear I’m gonna kill him and then beat him with my… “Where’s Justin!â€￾ I yelled, bustling into the Getty office suite.

The receptionist, who Justin claimed was out sick, pointed me towards a hallway to her left. “He’s in his office, ma’am.â€￾

“Thank you,â€￾ I mumbled, cautiously moving down the short corridor. At the end of it, stood a tall, gray door with his long, stupid name plastered across it. Banging on the door before throwing it open, I walked in to find him sitting at his desk with Joseph directly across from him. “Get out, Joey.â€￾

“Dawn, we’re talking here,â€￾ Justin directed to me.

“Dawn?â€￾ Joey asked.

“Yes. Dawn James – DJ. Now get the f*** out.â€￾

“Stay,â€￾ Justin countered.

Joey looked back and forth between us as if he were pondering who to listen to. “Uhh…â€￾

“Get out!â€￾ I yelled. I watched in satisfaction as he scurried out of the door like a little b****. I then glared at Justin, desperately wanting to knock those f***ing glasses off of his gorgeous little face. Instead, I asked, “What the f*** is your problem?â€￾

“Problem?â€￾

“Yeah, where do you get off talkin’ to me like that?â€￾

“Like what, Dawn? I was sitting here minding my own goddamn business before you came in here acting like you run sh** – my sh** to be exact.â€￾

“’Your shiit’ is right. Who the hell do you think you are?â€￾

“The better question is ‘who do you think you are.’ This is isn’t a playground, Dawn. This is an office, and this isn’t how we conduct ourselves in an office.â€￾

“Oh, and feeling up the secretary upstairs is?â€￾

“I haven’t interrupted anyone’s day.â€￾

“Yeah, except mine.â€￾

“Tough.â€￾

I rolled my eyes, plopping into the seat in front of his desk and leaning forward to peer at him. “Are you still pissed about the game, or what?â€￾

“No, Dawn. I’m not that immature.â€￾

Oh, I beg to f***in’ differ. “Is it about what happened after the game?â€￾ No answer. “Justin, I didn’t turn you down last night because of you.â€￾

“Oh, spare me the “It’s not you, it’s meâ€￾ speech. Just get out, all right?â€￾

Well actually, it’s not me, either. “That’s not what I was gonna say. But since you want it to be this way, fine.â€￾ I rose from my chair boastfully and strutted towards the threshold of his office.

“Fine, what?â€￾

“You like me, don’t you?â€￾

“What?â€￾

“You heard me.â€￾

“No.â€￾

“Justin.â€￾

“Maybe.â€￾

I thought so. “Right. Meet me at the entrance to the 23rd Street station – Nine o’clock tonight.â€￾

“What for?â€￾

“We’re going to dinner. And don’t be late, because I’m not waiting for you.â€￾ I didn’t bother to wait on his response because if it wasn’t some smart-ass comment, it would be an irrelevant one, so I left his office, closing the door and leaving him to his business.

And that’s how it’s done.</span></span></span>

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:47 pm

Ewww, Justin is so rude, but I find it strangely sexy and enticing. It's that whole "bad boy" image thing. You always want the ones who'll end up hurting you in the end. :no: :nod:

Sharry and JT ... need I say more? :rofl: That's some rose tat little missy has growing on her booberinsky. :lol: :thumbup: Loves it ... squared! ;)

I'm glad Dawn took Justin down for demeaning her with that secretary comment. :nono: She should've slapped him. :nod:

Can't wait to see how the dinner rendezvous goes.

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:32 pm

:rofl: Justin likes to get on DJ's nerves doesn't he :rofl: I'm sure thats all part of his plan though...but feeling up on Sharry come on Justin :nono: if you want DJ thats not the way to get her

but :yay: for her setting him straight...a man needs that every now and then...the whole Joey thing was priceless...i can see him being like that too :rofl:

And shes making the plans now....interesting i must say...MORE PLEASE!

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:15 pm

whaatt the Sox LOST! Sorry we kick Yankees assssssssss! The Sox better win next time, lol.

I like this Justin...he's so bad, I think he should make a stop in Boston eventually to meet up with his homegal Rani lol.

UPDATE soON! :yell:

SiMPLYiNSYNC
Ultra Member

Postby SiMPLYiNSYNC » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:36 pm

Whoo, that chapter was gurrreat.

:notworthy: to Dawn for setting Justin straight.

I can`t wait for the next chapter!

Bluechic01
Ultra Member

Postby Bluechic01 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:23 am

Damn is it just me but do I find Justin annoyingly sexy in this story :whip:

Its something enticing about his b****iness... :lick:

But :yay: Dawn for setting that bastard straight. Nice lil sexual tension they got goin on

Can't wait for dinner! and hopefully...dessert :yum:

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:15 am

:notworthy: dawn rocks. justin also rocks but for different things :drool: im with the annoyingly sexy too. i love it! this story has to be my favourite so far :nod: the sexual tension between them two is fantastic, i cant wait to see hwta happens at this dinner :nod: keep it up :thumbup:

update!

shortie17
Ultra Member

Postby shortie17 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:53 pm

do i sense sexual tension? I think so, I love dawn she's great
keep it up

sexyirishgurl
Supreme Member

Postby sexyirishgurl » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:15 pm

is it weird that i find this justin quite sexy?lol

lovin ur work keep it cumin great chapter,dj needs to knock j of his high horse.lol.dawn is such a great charcter no woman shud have a man treatin her like tht so u go girl lol

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:27 pm

<span style='color:blue'>Thanks for all the Justin play, but let me set two things straight. Never in a million years would I have a tattoo, let alone a flower of any sort, on my boob. :lol: Second, never in a million years would I even ACT like I was sad the Sox lost... even if I were gonna get Timberlake ass. :huh:

Otherwise, wonderful chapter! Keep it up... I can sense some very dominating agressive sex from these two. :lol: B) </span>

JTnTN
Supreme Member

Postby JTnTN » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:16 pm

Aww Sharry, that's why it's called fiction. You're not from Tennessee either, but the love is still there. :lol:

Ashley, I love you. This story kicks so much ass, as does Dawn. I love her personality. You know how I am about people that speak their mind. ^_^ And even ass STUPID as Justin is, I love him too. But dude, did you really have to give him glasses. I mean, that's like a walking orgasm. :drool:

Make Sharry go away. She's ruining the DJ/JT connection. :P And then gimme some mo'. :wub:

laura
Supreme Member

Postby laura » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:23 am

<span style='color:orange'>phew.... i made it that was ALOT of reading!!!!!111 but i did it and as usual ashley im totally hooked! oooh the tension i so cant wait to see what happens with those two...... hopefully he'll soften up soon, cuz damn hes a b****! :lol:

loves it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</span> :dance:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:43 am

JTnTN wrote: Aww Sharry, that's why it's called fiction. You're not from Tennessee either, but the love is still there. :lol:

Ashley, I love you. This story kicks so much ass, as does Dawn. I love her personality. You know how I am about people that speak their mind. ^_^ And even ass STUPID as Justin is, I love him too. But dude, did you really have to give him glasses. I mean, that's like a walking orgasm. :drool:

Make Sharry go away. She's ruining the DJ/JT connection. :P And then gimme some mo'. :wub:

<span style='color:blue'> :D Keep Sharry in it! She's cool. B) She knows how to get it. :nod:</span>

amy_byrd

Postby amy_byrd » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:20 pm

I love that dj is the kinda girl that doesn't take any crap. justin has a lot to learn about her, i see. I can't wait to see how this dinner goes, just like everyone has said, the tension between them is crazy. :lol: Hopefully theyll both teach each other about themselves and get them to loosen up and sh**. :please: either that, or she'll realize that he's stuck on stupid and leave him alone. :lol:

I love it. Can't wait for more! :wub:

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:42 pm

<span style='color:dodgerblue'>Okay people, here's the deal. First and foremost, thank you so freakin' much for this awesome feedback. ^_^ Every time I read another comment, I smile even harder. :blowkiss: So thanks for not only reading, but taking the time to tell me what you think. Yeah, even you, Bubs. :P :kiss:

So okay, secondly, there's this gay storm going on - maybe you've heard of him? Hurricaine/Tropical Storm Ivan. Yeah, I hate the motherf***er. <_< Anyway, the biitch knocked my power out at home, so I'm not sure when I'll be updating. Could be tonight, could be next Thursday. It's all up in the air. Hopefully, this won't last longer than tomorrow, but if it does, I thought I should let y'all know why I could possibly not be around. :shrug: The worst part is, the people across the street from me still have their power. It's like just the houses on our particular row in the neighborhood. :no: It sucks.

Anycrap, I also wanted to thank all of you's that voted for me in the NF.com Awards! :hug: Voting is over now, and the winners should be announced soon, so wish me luck! Next season is... I dunno when, but I'll be glad to nominate you guys if you have your stories posted on NF.com. They don't take stories posted at message boards. :rolleyes: But yeah, just let me know if I can help y'all in any way. B)

Umm, I think that's about it. Thanks again, a million times over. :wub: y'all! :D</span>

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:57 pm

Awww Ash i hope that your power comes on soon :hug: :blowkiss: it was raining cats and dogs here earlier <_< thankfully its stopped but its suppose to rain the whole weekend and we're suppose to get like 10 inches or something like that :blink:

I'm hoping and praying that you win an award at the NF awards...you deserve it Ma!

Get that power on soon!

JTnTN
Supreme Member

Postby JTnTN » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:56 pm

Damn the damn storm! Damn it to hell! <_<

No, I'm kidding. I hope that power comes back ASAP cus you know I need my story, girl. :P

And you best to win some awards, or I'll be kicking some NF.com ASS. :nod: I did what I could, so it's now in the hands of Vikki and Mia. :lol: And hopefully, CLYG will be a big contester next season. ^_^

Okay, now come back to me, babe. :pray:

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:21 pm

<span style='color:gray'>:lol: Thanks girls. :kiss:

So as we can see, the effin' power came back on, so let's get on with the show, eh? :D This one's a two-parter, so have fun with it. Or something. :P</span>

5 – The One At Dinner

“Well, well, well,â€￾ said a voice behind me.

I had been pacing back and forth across the cross section of 23rd Street and 8th Avenue, in front of GAP, wondering if DJ was trying to set me up to be stood up. It’s something I would do, so I figured anyone was capable of it. Fortunately, everyone isn’t as much of a bastard as I am, and I turned to find her walking up to me, donning a silky black camisole and blue jeans under one of her infamous black leather jackets. “You’re early,â€￾ I smirked after glancing at the clock on Chase Bank behind her. “You had another 4 seconds.â€￾

“One thing I learned in college is that ‘To be early is to be on time,’â€￾ she smiled. “Look at you getting all dressed up for me.â€￾

I suppose I should take that as sarcasm. I wasn’t dressed up at all – just jeans, a red and gray shirt and a dark gray jacket. “Likewise,â€￾ I winked. “So where are we headed?â€￾

“Well, I thought I’d let you pick, just to see what you’d come up with.â€￾

“Typical. Ask me out and then make me do all the work. I bet you’re even gonna make me pay, aren’t you?â€￾

“No, you cheap little b****,â€￾ she laughed, heading into the direction of the Chelsea Hotel. “There’s just about a million restaurants over here that I’m sure are your speed, and the last thing I need is for you to be actin’ all crazy if we go somewhere that you don’t like. This way, if you don’t like it, you can only blame yourself.â€￾

Smart. “Well I’ll still find some way to blame you for it.â€￾

“Oh, I know you’d try,â€￾ she grinned, pointing to the numerous options at our disposal. “Pick a place – anyplace.â€￾

“Come on, don’t make me do all the work.â€￾

“Just pick the first thing that catches your eye.â€￾

I scanned the calm streets, not really seeing anything that seemed especially intriguing. The only place I recognized was BBQ’s, and that wasn’t really a date-type-thing atmosphere. “How about there?â€￾ I asked, pointing to a quaint little joint on the corner of 23rd and 7th Avenue.

She looked back and forth between me and the restaurant, seemingly titled Taboo. “There?â€￾

“Yeah. Or is that not cool enough for you?â€￾

“No, that’s perfect,â€￾ she replied.

She casually walked inside, not bothering to wait for me to join her. I think that’s one thing I like about her. She’s on her own agenda and she doesn’t wait for anyone else to follow it. Wait, did I just say I liked her? Following her lead and waiting at the host stand with her, I decided that I don’t. But I do.

“What kind of food do you think they serve here?â€￾ she asked casually.

“Probably the average American grill sh**,â€￾ I absently answered, scanning the big chalkboard menu in front of us. “Good Lord, this place is pricey.â€￾

“Well then you better eat light, ‘cause I’m not paying for your sh** if it’s over fifty bucks.â€￾

I bet this is a cruel joke. I just bet she’s only gonna pay for her half of the meal and then try to leave me here washing f***in’ dishes. “I got you,â€￾ I smirked. “Now if only we could get some f***in’ seats,â€￾ I added loudly. Satisfaction came over me when a few stares were directed at us.

“I’m sorry, sir,â€￾ a hot little blonde dressed in black interrupted. “We can seat you now.â€￾

“Thank you,â€￾ DJ injected politely.

“Smoking or non-smoking?â€￾

“Whatever is less crowded,â€￾ I answered. “I came to eat dinner with her – not a bunch of strangers.â€￾

“Yes sir,â€￾ the blonde said timidly. “Right this way.â€￾

She led us through a bevy of occupied tables before we were seated towards the back of the restaurant where the bustle of the kitchen was sure to interrupt whatever conversation we might choose to have. “Oh, this is just perfect,â€￾ I said sarcastically.

“We’re just gonna eat,â€￾ DJ smiled. “We’re not living here.â€￾

Fuuck, she’s right again. “Eh,â€￾ I mumbled, kicking her chair out for her, just before taking my own seat. We scanned the menu for what seemed like hours before finally ordering anything that made sense. She chose crab cakes and I ordered the seafood chowder. “This is why you pick a place when you ask someone out.â€￾

“Quit complaining. It’s not like this is a formal date. If you don’t like it, we’ll go.â€￾

“Well I’ll be damned,â€￾ I chuckled.

“Your attitude certainly has changed from this morning,â€￾ she commented.

“Well so has yours.â€￾

“No, not really. I’m always cool.â€￾

“That wasn’t the case last night.â€￾

“Yeah, well when you pull your Jekyll and Hyde act, then I have permission to do the same.â€￾

“What are you talking—“

“And what was up with you last night, anyway?â€￾ she interrupted. “Using that tired ass ‘Hey baby, why don’t I go home with you?’ she scoffed after trying to imitate me – emphasis on try.

“Very funny. What about you and your crazy ass outburst in the middle of the goddamn street? You were on the verge of waking up every motherf***er in Brooklyn!â€￾

“You really ought to make it out to Brooklyn more often. We’re not as tame as we look.â€￾

“Well you were still too damn loud.â€￾

“Like you always are?â€￾ she laughed, slightly kicking at my shoe.

“Hey, keep those big ass feet off of me.â€￾

“Oh, sorry. I know that qualifies as touching you,â€￾ she replied, kicking me again. “And my feet are not big, motherf***er.â€￾

“They’re too big to be kicking me, Dawn. Grow up.â€￾

“My name is DJ,â€￾ she whined, sticking out her tongue at me.

“Do you ever act like the 30-year-old that you are?â€￾ She tried to kick me again, but I knew it was coming so I moved my foot to allow her to kick the table.

“You little b****! I’m twenty-eight. Don’t be tryin’ to make me old.â€￾

“If the shoe fits…â€￾

“You’re such an ass,â€￾ she giggled

“And yet, you’re still here.â€￾

“Well I guess I just have an affinity for assholes that treat me like sh**,â€￾ she said, playfully rolling her eyes – at least, I think it was playful.

“Damn, I’m not the first?â€￾

“Oh, I have a long, storied history with your kind.â€￾

“Is that so?â€￾

“That is so.â€￾ Her eyes darted around the small, dimly lit, but crowded restaurant. “But that’s not important. Anyway—“

“Anyway, what?â€￾

“Anyway, I gotta – uh – man, I gotta pee,â€￾ she said, rushing out of her seat.

“Well find some class while you’re in there,â€￾ I called back to her. Damn, it’s called using the restroom. While she took her precious time to relieve herself, our respective orders finally arrived, bearing portions similar to that of a child’s meal. “What is this?â€￾ I asked before the waiter could escape.

“Did you not order the chowder?â€￾ he asked.

“Yeah, but I believe the menu price for it was $22.95, so you’re missing about half a bowl.â€￾

“Well I’m sorry sir, but this is the standard portion.â€￾

“Yeah, you are sorry,â€￾ I told him.

At that point, DJ came back to the table in her usual manner of wanting to fix everything. “What’s your problem, Justin?â€￾

“The problem is that I ordered twenty-five bucks worth of seafood chowder and they gave me about twelve.â€￾

“It’s okay, I’ll handle it,â€￾ she said to the big lanky waiter. Sitting back in her seat, she glared at me. “Why do you make everything so difficult?â€￾

“Look at this!â€￾ I said, pointing to the bowl. “I’m not paying to get half a bowl of soup!â€￾

“Justin, you’re not paying at all! So calm the f*** down.â€￾

“It’s the principle of it all.â€￾

“Yo, what’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?â€￾

“In terms of what?â€￾

“In terms of anything.â€￾

“I dunno.â€￾

An evil grin spread across her little round face and her eyes cut between her left and right. “Are you up for a little bit of fun?â€￾

“I don’t think so,â€￾ I answered nervously. What is she up to?

“Come on.â€￾

“What are you thinking, Dawn?â€￾

“Well you don’t like your food, and to be totally honest, I’m not too much feeling this place—“

“And?â€￾

“And so, let’s bounce.â€￾

“Okay,â€￾ I said, raising my hand to signal the waiter.

“No,â€￾ she hissed, slapping my hand back to the table. “Let’s bounce. And that’s it.â€￾

“DJ, we have to pay for our food.â€￾

“No we don’t. We didn’t eat it.â€￾

“That’s illegal.â€￾

“Oh come on, man. You’d rather sit here all night and yell at the staff? Be spontaneous! Let’s just go.â€￾

I looked around at all the other seemingly satisfied customers, minding their legal business. “DJ, this is insane.â€￾

“Well, we can stay if you want – I’ll pay for it, but I’m not taking you to McDonald’s afterwards if you don’t eat now.â€￾

“Are you gonna eat?â€￾

“Justin, you’re making this too difficult. I’m gonna go to the bathroom again, and then I want you to walk out and wait for me at the Starbucks on the corner.â€￾

“You’re trying to get me arrested, aren’t you?â€￾

“Stop being stupid. When I go to the bathroom, I want you to leave, all right?â€￾

“Yeah, I got it.â€￾

She winked before rising from her seat and heading briskly to the restroom. I did as instructed and moved towards the door, trying my best to remain incognito. Casually, I walked down the narrow sidewalk, headed for the place that started this all – Starbucks, of course. It was a different location, but they all had the same galvanizing effect. Oddly enough, I don’t even think it’s the caffeine that does it. The place just has that hustle-and-bustle atmosphere.

And speaking of hustling, after absentmindedly hearing the approach of heels pounding the sidewalk, I found myself being whisked from the entrance to the coffee shop, and instead, thrown into the chaos of a crosswalk.

Just when I thought I’d been picked up by the police, Dawn’s tall, slim frame appeared at my side. “What the f*** are you doing?â€￾ I asked, almost jogging to keep up with her frantic pace.

“I’m getting us out of sight,â€￾ she replied, jaw clenched. “Damn, why don’t you just walk slower?â€￾

More sarcasm. “May I ask why we’re running across the street?â€￾

“Didn’t you hear me the first time? Or do you wanna get caught?â€￾

“Well sorry, but I’ve never committed a f***ing crime before. Forgive me if I’m not aware of how all this sh** is supposed to operate.â€￾

“Stick with me and I’ll have you a bona fide criminal in no time,â€￾ she laughed, finally slowing down. “Man, my feet are killin’ me.â€￾

“Heh, that’s what you get for tryin’ to be cute.â€￾

“Fuuck you. I don’t have to try.â€￾

“Yeah, you’re right. There’s no use for you, sweetheart.â€￾

“Yo, you’re breakin’ my haht, here,â€￾ she mocked me, smiling wildly. “So it’s,â€￾ she paused to check my watch, “9:44, and we still haven’t eaten. What do you wanna do?â€￾

Something tells me that this is another one of those nights that I won’t be getting home until 3AM. “We could try another restaurant – maybe uptown.â€￾

“Eh.â€￾

“Eh?â€￾ I asked. “Well what does Queen Dawn want?â€￾

“I’m not sure,â€￾ she said, exaggeratedly rubbing at her stomach. “But at this point, I’m about ready to go for that Mickey Dees deal.â€￾

“Some date you turned out to be.â€￾

“I’ve got it!

“Got what?â€￾

“When’s the last time you were in Harlem?â€￾

Harlem? Are white people even allowed on 125th Street? Last time I checked, my name wasn’t Bill Clinton. “Never. Are you kidding me?â€￾

“Well then we’re both in for a treat.â€￾ She grabbed my arm, against my will, and directed me into the train station that would eventually lead me to a realm that I never gave consideration to existing, much less being a part of.</span></span></span>

Return to “Fan Fiction”