In A New York Minute

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:42 pm

JT Fan Girl wrote:
“It’s Lydia. Now can I have the goddamn paper?â€￾

:whistle: "I tell everyone I smile just because I've got a city love, I found it in Lydia and I can't remember life before her name" :lol:

Love this story... keep it up. :P

Dude, Claire, you beat me to posting that. I was gonna do it earlier and then I decided that people would think I was crazy. :wacko: So now we can just think you're crazy. :lol:

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:47 pm

whatchagot4meMRJT wrote:So now we can just think you're crazy. :lol:

Eh, what's new? :lol:

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:49 pm

^^ :laughup: The same goes for me, my love. Yay for crazy people. :yay:

Bluechic01
Ultra Member

Postby Bluechic01 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:06 pm

:shocked: MARRIED?! ahhhhhhh my poor Justin and D.J. :hug:
But ah who cares, they are SO adorable!

Awww they are TOO cute! The way she went on the balcony and he put his shirt around her so she wouldn't be cold :wub:

They are so cute, I wanna cry :cry: She's making him into a better man and its so sweet that he's helping her get into law school :wub: What's happening to him? :shrug:

I feel love in the air :wub: :D

Hurry up and update ma'am! NOWWWW :kiss: :P

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:37 pm

ok so i completely suck at feedback :rofl: I promise that i'll get caught up very shortly thought....i'm making it my goal....i'm sensing a c&p into word and being sent to the printer action happening very soon :rofl:

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:42 pm

Y'all suck. :lol: ''City Love'' was SO the inspiration for this story and the song for the next chapter. Ah well, still usin' it. :P

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:05 pm

:nod: I knew it! :yay: I was gonna ask you if there was a correlation between the song and the story, but Claire beat me to that point.

jts_senorita
Supreme Member

Postby jts_senorita » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:27 pm

:jawdrop: !!! You can't be serious!! Wow, I never expected that! What is she gonna do?? Aw, and Justin was being so cute! :wub: His little hug killed me. Oh dear... we definitly need to be updated ASAP! :lol:

SiMPLYiNSYNC
Ultra Member

Postby SiMPLYiNSYNC » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:50 pm

:jawdrop: She's married?! I would of never thunk it. Great chapter like always. :notworthy:

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:08 pm

<span style='color:purple'>Ok...I love that you are using JOhn for reference..yay!</span>

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:07 pm

whatchagot4meMRJT wrote:  I was gonna ask you if there was a correlation between the song and the story, but Claire beat me to that point.

And don't you forget it. :lol:

:hug:

amy_byrd

Postby amy_byrd » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:59 pm

:jawdrop: No! No! No! She cannot be married. you ahve to be kidding me! :jawdrop: i'm so speechless. my god, what is justin gonna do? what's she gonna say? how will she tellhim something like that after they've gotten so close! :no: you HAVE to update asap! :o

JTnTN
Supreme Member

Postby JTnTN » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:22 pm

<_<

Can I have an update, please, ma'am. :pray: You can't drop a bomb like that and leave it hanging in the air. :nono:

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:26 pm

Yeah, what's that ho doing being married like that. :nono: I need to know how that all came about ... UPDATE NOW!

jts_senorita
Supreme Member

Postby jts_senorita » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:32 pm

I agree. We need an update extreemly soon.

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:01 pm

<span style='color:gray'>Well only because I know you guys are anxious to find out what the hell is going on. :lol: It doesn't do much for your curiosity, but I think it's a relatively cute chapter. ^_^ </span>

<span style='font-family:Times'><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>
9 – The One At The Club

She keeps a toothbrush at my place
As if I have the extra space
She steals my clothes to wear to work
I know – her hairs are on my shirts

It was an early Friday night in early November when DJ called me up and said that she was bored. I didn't know what to make of that since she always calls me and says she's bored. This evening, however, we decided that we were gonna cure her boredom by going out. I don't know if I'm supposed to call it a date or anything, but that's what it feels like. Before I got dressed, I had been tearing through my closet for hours before finally deciding on something. I don't go to clubs - I don't know what the f*** to wear. Sue me.

Just as I was spraying on the last bit of cologne, my cell phone rang and 'Queen Dawn' popped up. "What?" I answered.

"I'm downstairs. Let's go."

Knowing that cabdrivers have a tendency to leave your ass, I shuffled out of my apartment and downstairs to where DJ stood, halfway out of the car, smiling wildly in her leather jacket, tight ass jeans and high leather boots - the typical Dawn James attire. Before I even began to greet her, she looked at me awkwardly. "What?" I asked, noticing her uneasiness.

"What the f*** are you wearing?"

"Something wrong with my outfit?"

"Everything! You're going to a night club, not a country club!"

"Well we don't have time for me to change," I shot back stubbornly. Personally, I like my sweater and Dickies.

"It's only 10 o'clock. We have plenty of time. We'll just take the subway over," she added, signaling the cab's departure. "I know you have something cooler than that in your closet."

"What if I don't?"

"Well then we'll just stay in and watch movies," she laughed. "I've never been opposed to a Blockbuster night over being embarrassed to be seen with a dork."

We reentered my building and made our way upstairs, attached to one another's side like adjoined twins. As soon as she entered the apartment, she ran up the spiral steps to tear apart my bedroom searching for an outfit. "If you f*** up my room, you're gonna clean it up!" I called up to her.

She responded by throwing a pair of my Diesel Yokees over the balcony. "Put those on!"

"Don't toss my sh** around, either!"

"Shut up and get dressed." Seconds later, my black button-down Kenneth Cole came flying over my head, landing on the coffee table. "Put that on, too!"

"Dawn, if you throw something else, I swear to God I'm gonna clock you."

I moved out of the way when I saw black Timberlands flying at me. "You better be dressed when I get down there," she replied.

For whatever reason, I obeyed and quickly replaced my outfit by the time she reached the bottom step. "Oh, hell," I said, seeing her black and white pinstriped blouse. "We're twins."

She looked at my outfit and laughed heartily. "Well at least everyone will know we're together." Walking to the door, she threw my jacket back at me and exited the apartment. "Let's move, homeboy.â€￾

I never liked this Apple much
It always seemed too big to touch

We paraded through the streets of New York as if we owned the damn city. Not even the chill of fall-soon-to-be-winter was going to stop us. We headed straight to Penn Station and took the downtown 1 right to 23rd street. I didn’t know where the hell I was going, but all I need to know was that the name of the place was Suede and that I had DJ by my side to guide me.

I can't remember how I found
My way before she came around

The club, which resembled more of a hole in the wall than anyplace I’d hang out, was packed when we arrived. I’d always heard that this is the city that never sleeps, but never really believed it until now. In fact, it seems like the people in the motherf***er don't even stop to rest their eyes. The very second that we walked in, we were greeted with the typical club stuffiness of marijuana and sweat. Immediately, I was convinced that this isn’t where I wanted to be.

“What’s wrong with you?â€￾ DJ asked, throwing her jacket into my arms, trying to be heard over the loud music.

“Are you sure this is what you want to do?â€￾

“What?â€￾ she yelled.

“I said, are you sure that this is what you want?â€￾

“Yeah! You don’t?â€￾

“Not really!â€￾

“Why not!â€￾

“Well, I’m not much of a dancer!â€￾

She led me through the moderately-sized club, pushing past people that found the need to dance wherever there was a free space. It was all a big blur to me, but somehow, we landed in the corner just beyond the women’s bathroom. “Okay, now what’s your problem?â€￾ she finally asked, quietly.

“I was just saying that this isn’t really my scene.â€￾

“Well besides a baseball game and the New York Stock Exchange, what is your scene?â€￾

I rolled my eyes at her and turned towards the excruciatingly long line of women that was forming just next to us. “What’s your point?â€￾

“The point is that you need to expand your horizons. Loosen up!â€￾

“I want to go home.â€￾

“You’re really not about to stand here and whine about going home, are you? You just got here, Justin.â€￾

“Yeah, and I don’t like it.â€￾

“Give it ten minutes. I promise you, you’ll find some fun if you just lighten up.â€￾

“But Dawn—“

“Here, I’ll take your jacket,â€￾ she said, extending her arms to accept both of our coats. “I want you to head to the bar, get something to drink.â€￾

“I don’t wanna drink.â€￾

“Well, sh**, Justin. Find some pu*** and get the f*** out of my face. Do something with your miserable self.â€￾

“Don’t add insult to injury, here.â€￾

“Don’t ruin this night for us.â€￾ She smiled that hundred-watt smile and disappeared into the club’s haze, leaving me to entertain myself.

I tell everyone I smile just because I got a city love
I found it in Lydia

I took her advice and went straight for the one thing that I knew could always put a smile on my face – alcohol. By the time I reached the bar, I had no earthly idea as to where DJ could have possibly went. But then, by the time I’d downed a couple of shots of vodka, straight up, I honestly didn’t give a f***.

I made my laps around the crowded club, pretty much eyeing anything in a skirt. My mind told me to go after the pu***, as Dawn so eloquently advised, but my heart told me to back up off the whores.

And I can’t remember life before her name

“Justin!â€￾ I heard in the foreground. It’s a common name, I know, but I was positive that it was being directed at me. “Justin!â€￾

I peered in front of me until I finally found the culprit. A redhead of diminutive stature, who could’ve been blonde, deceiving me in the dim atmosphere, was staring back at me. “Do I know you?â€￾ I asked.

“You better! It’s Ani!â€￾

“I’m sorry?â€￾

“Ani! We went out last month! How come you never called me, man?â€￾

Oh, so now I’m supposed to call everyone after I f*** ‘em? “I’ve been busy,â€￾ I smiled.

She narrowed her light green eyes at me and lightheartedly grinned back. “You want a drink?â€￾

Eh, what the hell. I scanned the crowd quickly for DJ’s short haircut before being led to the bar by Anna. Or was it Dani?

“So what have you been up to?â€￾ she yelled, attempting to converse over the loud music.

“Working and sh**,â€￾ I replied, taking a drink of my Guinness.

She nodded in comprehension and glanced towards the dance floor. “Do you dance, or just hang out at the bar?â€￾

“The bar,â€￾ I answered, nervously.

“You’re not willing to give the dancing thing a try?â€￾

“Nope.â€￾ I took another swig of beer and immediately ordered another.

“Well what’s the point in getting drunk if random hookups aren’t going to be included?â€￾

I decided that she was right and hopped up from my seat, just as the year’s most popular ‘I-don’t-dance’ tune came blasting through the speakers.

“Yo, my b****es don’t dance. We just pull up our pants and do the rockaway!â€￾ I had been on the dance floor all of eight seconds when I recognized Dawn’s loud, intoxicating voice over the entire crowd. “Lean back!â€￾ I looked up to find her across the room on one of the couches that decorated the club, a cup in one hand, her other arm draped across the shoulder of some broad shaking their ass in front of her. “Now that’s what the f*** I call a chain reaction!â€￾

I caught her eye and headed straight towards her. When she finally spotted me below her, most of her composure was restored and she hopped down from the sofa happily, swaying back and forth as the song suggested. I followed suit, slightly, doing my best to lean back without looking like an idiot.

“Hey, you!â€￾

“Hey,â€￾ I laughed, taking notice of her inebriation.

“Havin’ fun?â€￾ she yelled.

“Not really.â€￾

“I saw you at the bar. You’re not f***ed up yet?â€￾

“Hardly.â€￾

“Here,â€￾ she began, handing me her drink, “take this.â€￾

I looked down at the neon blue substance cautiously. “What is it?â€￾

“Just drink it. You’ll be gone in no time.â€￾

I took the cup, as told, and squinted at the burn of the alcohol against the back of my throat. But by the time it hit my stomach, I knew exactly what she meant. That sh** was like a pick-me-up multiplied by a throw-me-the-the-f***-around. “Dawn, if you’re tryin’ to drug me, I swear to God—“

“Shut the f*** up and dance with me,â€￾ she laughed, taking her cup back.

I tried to warn her that I don’t f***in’ dance. Maybe it was the song. Maybe I was just in a ridiculously good mood, but the Spanish guitar of JC Chasez’ “Like I Love Youâ€￾ came on and I just had to move.

If you smile, then that should set the tone
Just be limber
And if you let go, the music should move your bones

I got behind her, she got in front of me, and the music took over us. We didn’t just lean back. Her ass mimicked the drum’s beat, her body fell into mine, and we became one entity, melting into the music.

Can’t nobody love you like I love ya
You’re a good girl and that’s what makes me trust ya
Late at night, I talk to you
You will know the difference when I touch ya

This is probably the most honest, purest form of fun that I’ve ever had in my life. I could just feel the smile on my face growing wider, turning into random bursts of laughter, expressing just how damn happy I was.

I can make you happy, I can change your life
If you give me that chance to be your man

As the song moved into the bridge, DJ turned to face me, laughing and smiling just as animatedly as I had been. She wrapped her leg around my waist and began grinding harder than she had before, making sure to get more than a rise out of me.

Maybe we’ll fly the night away

“I just wanna love you, baby,â€￾ she whispered to me, contrasting the falsetto of the singer’s voice.

Maybe we’ll fly the night away, girl

“I just wanna love you, baby! Yeah, yeah, yeah!â€￾ the crowd all sang along, imitating the song’s ad-libs perfectly.

The ‘break it down’ came and Dawn, well… broke it down. It was completely unsolicited and unexpected, but by all means, welcomed. She kissed me. When her lips touched mine, though it wasn’t for very long, it was as though time stood still. I dropped her leg, and cupped her face, understanding what DJ meant when she said that she wished some sh** could last forever. The few seconds that our lips touched, I knew nothing outside of the two of us.

She pulled away, smiling sheepishly. She licked her lips, finished off her drink and mouthed the last words of the song. “Now everybody dance.â€￾

And we did.

+++++++++++++++

Friday evening, we’ve been drinking
2AM, I swear, I might propose

We’d flown the night away for hours on the dance floor. We’ engaged in every move I never could’ve thought of, or even imagined myself doing. Then, we finally decided to back off on dancing and retired to one of the empty tables to drink this night to an end. Between vodka and whiskey, wine coolers and Jell-O shots, I really wondered how the hell we were supposed to make it home.

But we close the tab, split a cab
Call each other up when we get home

Apropos of Dawn’s hardly sober point of view, we hailed the first available yellow taxi, and demanded that it take us to Brooklyn first, before dropping me off at my midtown apartment. However, this all only occurred amid our intense make-out sessions from the street to the car, and from Manhattan to Brooklyn.

The second I stepped into my place, at almost 4AM, the ring of my phone scared the sh** out of me while making me smile in the same breath. I picked up the receiver, not saying a word.

“Just making sure you got home safely,â€￾ she said, sensing my wait for her response. Her voice was thick with fatigue and sounded groggy, but I managed to find it sexy.

“I’m home safely,â€￾ I answered, heading up my stairs to sprawl across the bed. I even produced a genuine smile at the fact that she’d dismantled half of my closet when looking for my outfit earlier.

“Did you have fun?â€￾ she yawned.

They say yawning is contagious. I believe it now. “Did you?â€￾

Falling asleep to the sound of sirens

“I asked you first.â€￾

“You didn’t have to ask at all,â€￾ I replied, yawning yet again.

I got a city love
I found it in Lydia

The next thing I heard was the calm of Dawn’s paced breathing and I smiled again. Not because she f***in’ fell asleep on me, but because she didn’t mind falling asleep on me. I switched the phone to my left ear so that I could lie on my right side as I always do. “Good night, DJ.â€￾ I didn’t hang up, but I left the cordless to rest against my cheek and waited for the serenity of her slumber to put me to sleep.

From the battery to the gallery
It’s the kind of thing you only see in scented, glossy magazines

I’m starting to think that some moments can last forever.

And I can’t remember life before her name

Lyrics: "City Love" - John Mayer (Room for Squares)
"Like I Love You" - Justin Timberlake (Justified)</span></span></span>

SiMPLYiNSYNC
Ultra Member

Postby SiMPLYiNSYNC » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:30 pm

i didn't read it yet but i wanted to be the first to reply. :lol: WHEEE WE GOT AN UPDATE!

SiMPLYiNSYNC
Ultra Member

Postby SiMPLYiNSYNC » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:40 pm

:o I went out with Justin ! Boy, I`m loving this story more and more. :D

Well, alls I have to say is that I hope Justin makes it last and doesn't screw up.

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:19 am

:rofl: love it! go jc! :rofl: i like this alternative reality world youre creating :nod:

i like that chapter a lot, although a married woman shouldnt do that :nono: but :thumbup: for the makeout sessions. and him falling for her more and more :wub:

:yell: UPDATE! i wanna know who shes married to :unsure:

laura
Supreme Member

Postby laura » Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:39 am

i swear i look forward to these updates more than my shows now! this would makea awesome tv shOW!!!!!! he totally loves her its right there!and now their making out and everything! can i just say! weeeeeee! but damn shes married, she must be separated tho right>>????

update chick,now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

loves it|!!!!!!!!!!

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:09 am

:wub: :wub: :wub: Ahhh, that chapter was so romatic. I loved the falling asleep on the phone part. Now whenever I play "City Love" (which I do on a daily basis! :lol: ), I'm gonna picture this chapter. Yay for having a mental image to go with my song. :wub: :kiss:

JC doing "Like I Love You" ... that would be really hot. I'm trying to envision him singing that in my head and I like what I've come up with. :nod: :thumbup:

Those two should've just done a Suede drive-by and then called it a night, though. :rofl: :rofl: That's what the real ballers do!! ;) ;)

Lastly, I love how every chapter features another one of Justin hos. And he never remembers her name. Mwuahahahahahaha! Too funny! :lol:

Who cares if she's married. She loves JT! :yay: :yay:

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:43 am

<span style='color:purple'>Great update! Love JC CHASEZ'S, Like I Love You! :rofl: Very funny!

I absolutely love the fact that one of my fave songs and stories can be blended together! Yay!
</span>

sexyirishgurl
Supreme Member

Postby sexyirishgurl » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:44 am

awww that was so cute ther so much in love ,how cute was them fallin aslepp on da fone awwww :D lol and jc's like i love u ,gotta love that lol,update now please gotta find out who she is married to ????luvin this story ,its amzin ur writing is so addictive how u do it i will never no ,ur so talented.

laura
Supreme Member

Postby laura » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:03 am

:D please update during the weekend, i hate monday mornigs and as i have 2hours 2 um...."study" itll brighten up my day! thanks

Bluechic01
Ultra Member

Postby Bluechic01 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:40 pm

Now DAWN, that is not the way a married woman is supposed to dance with him :nono:

You use both legs :P . I love her :thumbup:

Awww I :wub: this chapter :yay: They're so cute that I just get so happy! :yay:

And I lovvve the Like I Love You by JC Chasez...that's a nice lil song he got there :rofl:

And she kissed him, :yay: :wub:

I can't wait for more makeout sessions :crossfingers:

Update nowwww biatch! :kiss:

jts_senorita
Supreme Member

Postby jts_senorita » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:41 pm

Aw, that was just the sweetest thing ever! :wub: I love them... I love how there's always a new twist on pop culture without Justin every chapter, it's so funny. Oh God though, I wish she wasn't married! I just want them to be cute and happy forever! Anyways, can't wait for more as always!

jts_senorita
Supreme Member

Postby jts_senorita » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:05 pm

Aw, that was just the sweetest thing ever! :wub: I love them... I love how there's always a new twist on pop culture without Justin every chapter, it's so funny. Oh God though, I wish she wasn't married! I just want them to be cute and happy forever! Anyways, can't wait for more as always!

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:15 pm

<span style='color:blue'>Double post! :nana:

I'm way sad because I never have any time to read this! :cry: And the whole bootleg internet deal... :lonely: But I'm sure it's going well... I'll have to go print it off and read! Love ya doll... :kiss:</span>

amy_byrd

Postby amy_byrd » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:41 am

This is absolutely too good for words. i refuse to believe that dj is married. :no: she can't be! She's so in love with justin and he's falling faster for her with every minute that's passing. :wub: :wub: it's sooooo cute! I'm loving the alternate universe! Jc's song. :rofl: i can't get enough! :wub:

:pray: please get her divorce Now! :lol:

jts_senorita
Supreme Member

Postby jts_senorita » Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:52 pm

:nerd: Eww... I hate double posting...:lol:

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:25 pm

guess who'se finally all caught up :yay: ME!!! I had like 4 freakin chapters to read but they were all freakin amazing! The vapor rub....dang that girl is lucky getting to rub him down....and the dancing at the club....what i wouldn't do to grind my body against his and then falling asleep on the phone :wub: thats soo freakin cute! i'd make this longer but its 11:25 and i'm being yelled at since i have school tomorrow but i just wanted you to know that i'm all caught up :yay: MORE PLEASE!

laura
Supreme Member

Postby laura » Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:05 am

ok why is there no update!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok now my monday sucks! :(

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:30 am

<span style='color:gray'>Well, it's almost 4:30AM, but I didn't want Laura to have to come in with nothing on a Monday, so babe, I hope you see this before you go! I didn't edit it, I'm sleepy and I'm barely cognizant of my name, much less what's going on in this chapter, but from what I remember, it ain't all that great. :lol: But Laura, I hope you enjoy it. :kiss: It's all for you. Happy Belated. :hug:</span>

<span style='font-family:Times'><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:darkblue'>
10 – The One With That Guy

“So what are you doing on this lovely Friday night?â€￾ I asked, walking up the steps to my brownstone.

Justin sighed lightly as I could hear shuffling in the background. “I have a date-kind-of-thing.â€￾

A pang of jealousy shot through my stomach, but I guess I don’t really have room to talk. “Oh.â€￾

“Yeah. It’s with this girl I was reunited with at Suede last week.â€￾

“So what’s on the agenda? Fuuckin’ and a movie?â€￾

He laughed heartily – genuinely. “No, probably just some dinner. I’m only going because I didn’t call her back after a date or something last month.â€￾

“Ah, a sympathy date.â€￾ I smiled all the way up the grueling three-flight walk to the foyer of my apartment, but the grin quickly faded at the sight before me.

“Yeah, something—“ Justin began to reply, but I hung up on him before he had the opportunity to finish.

The sight of Mike’s luggage at the landing of the steps sent my stomach churning and my heart dropping. I turned my phone on silent and placed it on the mail table along with my purse and peered into the living room where the TV was blasting a rerun of Martin. I knocked on the bathroom door, treaded through the dining room and finally made my way to the kitchen where I found my husband at the kitchen counter making a sandwich.

“Hey, Mike,â€￾ I said skeptically.

As usual, he didn’t bother to stop and look at me, but greeted me nonetheless. “Hey.â€￾

“What are you doing here?â€￾

“I live here.â€￾

“Well – I know that. But I was under the impression that your trip was going to last at least another two weeks.â€￾

“I know I said that, but it turns out we closed the deal early.â€￾

“Oh?â€￾

As he finished slicing his sandwich in half, he finally faced me. “Yeah. So I’m home for the next month or so.â€￾

“Oh...â€￾

“Yeah. I might not be around for Christmas, though. They want me in Tokyo before the New Year.â€￾

Figures. “Oh.â€￾

“So,â€￾ he started, walking past me, back into the living room, “where’s Sky?â€￾

I followed after him absently, wandering past the foyer where my phone was blinking incessantly. “I’m sorry, what?â€￾

“Our son? Sky? Where is he?â€￾

“Oh. Um.â€￾ I began to scratch my hair in perplexity. My God, I must be the most terrible mother that ever existed. He’s been with the babysitter so much, I don’t even know. “He’s… with – he’s staying with your mother this weekend.â€￾

“Again? When I talked to her last week, he was with her, too.â€￾

“I know.â€￾

“Dawn, what’s your problem?â€￾

“Nothing. What do you mean?â€￾

“I mean why are you too lazy to take care of our son?â€￾

“I’m not, Michael. I’ve just been busy working.â€￾

“Yes, I’m sure that being a receptionist is very time-consuming.â€￾

“You wanna talk about being consumed by time? When’s the last time you saw this apartment, much less your son?â€￾ I yelled.

“At least I have an excuse! I’ve been in Boston. You’ve been sitting your ass in Brooklyn and can’t give him your time!â€￾

“I have a job, too, you know! I can’t take him to school and pick him up and be on time for work!â€￾

“Well there’s no rule that says he has to go to school all the way in f***ing Park Slope!â€￾

“I told you that when we enrolled him in that goddamn school!â€￾ As the house phone rang loudly amid the chaos of our argument and the television’s commotion, I motioned to answer it before Michael’s hand abrasively stopped me. “Michael, you’re hurting me,â€￾ I informed him.

He hesitantly let go and stared at the caller ID. “Sorry.â€￾

“It’s okay,â€￾ I answered, sitting down at the edge of one of our two gray loungers.

He picked up the cordless and retreated back to the couch. “J. Timberlake,â€￾ he announced, flipping through the received calls. “Have they been calling often?â€￾

“Who?â€￾

“212-673-1454 – J. Timberlake. Were they calling for me?â€￾

Dammit! All that work erasing his number for nothing. “I’m not sure. How many times is it on there?â€￾

“Just once.â€￾

“I guess that’s it,â€￾ I shrugged, settling back into my chair.

“I guess so,â€￾ he demurred. He located the remote to flip through channels and started on his sandwich. “It’s relatively early. Maybe we can call my mom, get Sky, and go out tonight.â€￾

Merely to avoid another confrontation, I conceded. “Yeah.â€￾

“You call my mom,â€￾ he instructed, “and I’ll get ready to go.â€￾

“Okay.â€￾

“And call Justin back before your cell phone explodes.â€￾

My head shot in his direction before my eyes began to dart around nervously. “What?â€￾

“Don’t play dumb. Just let him know that he can’t be calling you now – I’m back home.â€￾

Silently, I rose from my seat to call Mrs. Banks – Michael’s mother – and tried to mentally prepare for some sort of family night.

All right, so basically, the deal here is that I’m not exactly having a fairy-tale marriage. In fact, I’ve been cringing over this entire ordeal since the day we tied the knot. I’ll be honest – we only got married because I got pregnant. It’s been six years that Michael and I have been together. Six years that Dawn has been slipping away from me, slowly but surely.

Michael Banks – big shot accountant for Microsoft. Michael Banks – too busy for the wife and kid. I used to be in love. When we met in college, I was convinced that Michael was truly made for me. I guess that was before I got to know him. I realized that we were polar opposites, bonding only over the fact that we were natives of the Bronx and had big dreams. But nine months later, it was too late for regrets, too late to turn back time, and too late for dreams to come true – mine, anyway. Sky was born, and DJ died. I don’t resent anything that happened – I just wish it could have been postponed sometimes.

Nowadays, I spend most of my time trying to regain some shape of normalcy. I rarely add Banks to my last name. I wear my rings on a necklace underneath my shirts. I never tell anyone I’m married. But hell, my husband is so absent, they’d think I was lying anyway. But Sky, he’s my little secret to instantaneous happiness… when he’s here. We have a babysitter here to help me out during the week when Michael’s gone on business. But in the past month or so, I’ve been neglectful, putting him off on either my or Mike’s parents. I know. I haven’t been the mother that I could or should be. There’s just so much that I feel I missed out on with this unplanned family deal. Justin has allowed me to live outside of that for a while. Justin. My God, what am I going to do about Justin?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The 7PM hour had come and was reaching its halfway mark when Michael, Sky, and I were retreating from Toys ‘R’ Us in Times Square, bags in hand, heading for the famed Bubba Gump’s Restaurant just across from MTV Studios.

Weekends in Times Square are always a b**** – especially this damn restaurant. But Sky is adamant about running with Forrest, and at the very least, he deserves to eat with his family wherever he wants. However, the entrance was wall-to-wall packed. By the time we even reached the hostess stand where a ‘Miss Michelle’ stood to greet customers, an extra ten minutes had been added to our wait.

Just when we’d decided to browse the neighboring GAP to pass the time of the 50-minute delay, we were met with the fall of rain. We hadn’t anticipated precipitation, so umbrellas were certainly the last things in our possession. “Oh, this is just perfect,â€￾ Michael mumbled.

I pulled out a few crumpled dollars from my jean pocket and handed them to him. “Why don’t you run outside and get us a couple of umbrellas?â€￾

“Perhaps you didn’t notice, Dawn, but it’s raining outside!â€￾

“I’m not asking you to run to 44th Street. Just go to the corner!â€￾

“Don’t yell at me, Dawn!â€￾

“Then you stop yelling at me!â€￾

“Dawn!â€￾

“Okay,â€￾ I relented. “I’ll go get the umbrellas.â€￾

Michael took hold of Sky’s hand, directing him towards the souvenir shop of the restaurant. “We’ll be over here,â€￾ he finished.

I bucked up, preparing to head into the cold rain, preparing to ruin my hair, and preparing for an insanely long night. I turned numerous times just trying to locate the exit amongst the crowd. Then, just when I thought that this night couldn’t get any worse, the familiar head of a tall guy with thick, curly hair came shoving through the crowd. He was facing the direction about 90º opposite of me, but if he turned back around, I’d be the first thing he’d see. I watched him cautiously, and it was as if time were moving in slow motion when I saw his face gradually spin back towards me. Immediately, I followed my first instinct and dropped to the floor.

Crouching, I prayed that no one above me would get the urge to ask any questions. This astounding feeling of guilt washed over me when Justin’s feet, covered in dark gray Nikes, went inching past me, but I just couldn’t let him see me – I’m not ready to tackle that surefire catastrophe quite yet. When I heard his loud, overbearing voice requesting a table for two, I finally returned to my normal 5’9 stance.

“What are you doing?â€￾

My heart leaped out of my chest at the boom of Michael’s voice behind me. “What?â€￾

My six-year-old looked up to me in bewilderment, almost breaking my heart. “Why were you on the floor, mommy?â€￾

“Well, because I dropped a little bit of my money and I was trying to find it,â€￾ I answered softly. I winced at the notion of lying to my son.

Michael threw another dollar at me and rushed me out of the restaurant. “Hurry up. I can’t stand around here for an hour.â€￾ I glanced back to where Justin and his date stood, seemingly impatiently. Yeah, me neither, Mike.

I rushed through the rain to the corner of 42nd and 7th Avenue where the vendors always set up shop. I purchased two umbrellas for two dollars and immediately headed back for the restaurant. I took three steps before walking into the long arms and strong chest of… “Justin?â€￾

He looked down at me in puzzlement, probably expecting to see one of his whores. “What the f*** are you doing here?â€￾ he smiled.

I put up my umbrella to shield us both from the relentless rain and nervously smiled up to him. “I was just on my way – um – I was going over to Cold Stone.â€￾ Yeah. That’s good.

“For ice cream?â€￾

Uh. Sure. “Yeah.â€￾

“DJ, it’s freezing out here.â€￾

“Well I don’t think so,â€￾ I replied, trying my best not to shiver.

“Are you all right?â€￾

“Yeah, I’m fine. Why?â€￾

“No reason, I guess. I got worried when you didn’t call me back. Who are you with?â€￾

What? Why is he asking me this? “No one?â€￾

He frowned at me and looked towards the ground. “So do you always walk around with two umbrellas?â€￾

“Oh,â€￾ I chuckled. “They were a dollar, so I figured ‘What the hell?’â€￾

“Yeah.â€￾

We stared at one another quizzically before a passerby slightly knocked me into him, breaking our gaze. “So,â€￾ I finally began, “what are you up to?â€￾

“Oh, me and Ani are waiting for a table at Bubba Gump’s.â€￾

“Long wait, huh?â€￾

He rolled his eyes knowingly. “Half an hour.â€￾

“Damn.â€￾

“Yeah, I was actually on my way to buy an umbrella,â€￾ he added.

“Oh, I didn’t mean to stop you…â€￾ God, this is awkward.

“No, I was – since, you know, you have an extra one, you could save me a dollar and a walk.â€￾

Damn it, Justin. I need it. “Oh, no please. Take it.â€￾

He made a motion to kiss me, but I painfully turned my head so that his lips landed on my cheek. “What’s with you?â€￾

“Nothing,â€￾ I smiled, returning the kiss to his opposing cheek. I just ate a burger – with onions. That’s all.â€￾

“All right. Well, I’ll call you when I get in.â€￾

“No!â€￾ Dawn, calm the hell down. “I mean, I’ll call you.â€￾

“But you don’t know when I’ll be home.â€￾

I sighed heavily, avoiding the temptation to start bawling and telling him everything right then and there. “Just let me call you, okay?â€￾

He smiled comfortingly and walked back in the direction of the restaurant, me following somberly behind.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“Good evening, my name is Beyoncè, and I’ll be your server tonight,â€￾ our curvaceous blonde waitress began.

I looked at Michael, hoping to share a chuckle with him about her ridiculous name, but realizing that he wasn’t Justin, I returned my attention to the server and her spiel about the restaurant’s method of operations. Eventually, she shut up and we placed our orders, gazing impatiently at the scenery to pass the time. We had already conversed as a family on the subway ride into the city, so dialogue between the three of us was limited.

More out of boredom than necessity, I suddenly announced, “I think I’m gonna go to the ladies’ room.â€￾

“Do you really have to think about it?â€￾ Michael quipped, sarcastically.

“Sky, are you all right, baby? You don’t have to go, do you?â€￾ He shook his head No, taking gulps of his Coke and playing with the ‘Run/Stop Forrest’ sign at the head of the table. “Mike, could you make sure that he doesn’t drink his whole soda before the food gets here.â€￾

“Go to the bathroom,â€￾ he answered.

As always, I obliged. Our table was at the end of the restaurant where the restrooms weren’t, which meant that I had to vigilantly trek past every patron in the place to be able to escape just half of what I‘d been dreading about this evening. The other half sat at the table perpendicular to the bathroom entrance.

Justin’s facial expression exhibited something a little past boredom, which almost made me smile, before I realized that I’d soon be approaching him if I didn’t find a detour. The fact was, there was no way around passing him. So I licked my lips nervously and sauntered towards the facilities, hoping for a miracle.

“DJ?â€￾ he said with inquiry in his tone.

I jerked my head towards his voice and acted as if I were shocked. “Hey, Justin.â€￾

“What are you doing here,â€￾ he asked for the second time tonight.

“I’m having dinner.â€￾

“I thought you said you were alone.â€￾

“Oh, yes. I am. Alone.â€￾

He gave his date a polite, pleading smile. “Would you mind if she joined us, Ani?â€￾

“No! Justin, please. I don’t want to interrupt.â€￾

“You wouldn’t be interrupting,â€￾ he contested. “I wouldn’t feel right knowing that you’re eating alone.â€￾

“Justin, you’re on a date.â€￾

“It’s not a date. Ani, you don’t mind, do you?â€￾

“Well actually –“ the date began to say.

“Ani, I’m so sorry,â€￾ I interjected. “Please, Justin, I’m gonna go on my way.â€￾

“Dawn, you can’t eat by yourself.â€￾

“Why not?â€￾

“Because—“

“I just wanna take my shrimp plate and go home,â€￾ I replied, beginning to plead with him. I absolutely refuse to spend this night like Mrs. Doubtfire.

Suddenly, their waitress, whose name appeared to be ‘Kelly R.’ came walking up to the table and its ensuing chaos. “Is there a problem?â€￾ she questioned in a thick, southern accent.

“Not at all,â€￾ I answered. “I was just on my way to the restroom when I spotted my friend here.â€￾

“Yes,â€￾ Justin added, “and she’ll be joining us, so could you get her some silverware for when she comes back?â€￾

“No, that won’t be necessary. I have a table over in Bianca’s station, so I’ll be getting back there now.â€￾ I smiled at Kelly and then at Ani, desperately trying to avoid Justin’s glare and spun on my heel to go back to my family.

“I’m calling you when I get home,â€￾ Justin yelled to my back.

Now what am I supposed to do when I want you in my world?
How can I want you for myself when I’m already someone’s girl?

God, just make this madness stop! I’m driving myself half crazy trying to make it through this night, not to mention life, without being thrown off the trail by overwhelming guilt or embarrassment. Before last week, everything was fine – I knew I wasn’t doing anything wrong. Justin was my friend and if I liked him a little more than that, so be it. But last Friday, we kissed, my stomach gave off a butterfly effect, and I knew that things would never be the same. I knew that I was falling, and soon, I’d need someone to catch me. I’d need Justin to catch me. But after all is said and done, the biggest question will be, will he even want to?

I guess I’ll see you next lifetime

Lyrics: “Next Lifetimeâ€￾ – Erykah Badu (Baduizm)</span></span></span>

<span style='color:gray'>:unsure: So that was kinda sucky, but I needed to tie up a few loose ends before the next chapter, as this story is soon coming to a close. Not quite yet, but we're getting there. Anyway, the next one is good. I promise! :nod:</span>

laura
Supreme Member

Postby laura » Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:50 am

awwwyou just made my moring,,girl what are you doing up at 4;30...u mad woman go to bed...its 1/4 to ten in the morning, im supossed to be doing research,but this is so much better,thanks ash...why are you ending it??? nooo its too good....not so soon!!

i love how you have destinys child as waitresses! too funny! shes gotta tell justin tho...her husbans seems like such an ass!!!!!!! :angry: dont like him.///..

more soon.you know after you get some sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:01 am

wow. i dont know what to say about that marriage, but she does sound like she isnt being the best mother she could be to sky :no: and justin really does need to know about this marriage and mike needs to know shes been tempted, so that he either makes her fall in love again or lets her go, there isnt gonna be a happy ending with one of the relationships :( although mike doesnt exactly sound head over heels

:rofl: beyonce and kelly :rofl:

update soon :nod:

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:36 am

Love the waitresses. Yo Beyonce, get me a refill on this coke, girl. :nod: That's funny. I'm always lovin' these alternate universe changes that you've got going on in each of the chapters.

I don't want the story to end so soon! :cry: But you gotta do what you gotta do. :nod:

Mike seems so cold and abrupt. I'm not feeling him, but the turmoil of a strained marriage can mess a person up, so I can understand a little bit. :nod:

Something has to come to a head. Dawn either breaks up with Mike and goes with Justin, or she tries to work it out with Mike and goes back to her husband and her child. :shrug: That's the only way I see this deal, but I can't wait to see what you present to us next. :yay:

sexyirishgurl
Supreme Member

Postby sexyirishgurl » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:47 am

first of all that wasnt sucky and 2nd i dont wanna this to end :( but all gud things cum to and end unfortunetely,im sure u got more great stories lined up for us :D luvin the beyonce reference,so funny lol and i dont like mike in the slightest i mean be a man and get the umbrealles for ur wife n kid lol and :no: to dj bein a bad mother to sky and mike also never bein ther ,i think they shud separate for gud,ther both unhappy with da situation.she needs to let justin no wat is goin down.and i want her to end up with justin and i want sky to b with j n dj they wud b great parents.and yeh to justin bein bored on his sympathy date lol.

keep it up girl,cant wait for wat happens next. :P

JTnTN
Supreme Member

Postby JTnTN » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:34 pm

Damn, mama. You can't end it soon as I start falling in love with it! <_<

Seriously, this is just too much for me. Justin is so f***in' head over heels for Dawn. I can't believe how cute Chapter 9 was. ^_^ God, that was AWESOME!

I feel bad for DJ having to be in such a loveless marriage. He so doesn't deserve her. BUT Sky does deserve a mother. It's so confusing. What to do... Dump Michael and start the new family with the new Justin. He can't let her go... I just want her to be honest with him. Not even an a**hole like Justin deserves this. :lol: :no:

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:18 pm

awww Ash you can't end this....i freakin love it!

It doesn't sound like Dawn has a good marriage to this Michael dude :no: he's never home...what kind of marriage is that? And she has a son :jawdrop: dude Dawn needs to get her priorities straight in her life...her son should be the number one thing on that list :nod: thats hilarious though that she ran into Justin at the restraunt :rofl: MORE PLEASE!

SiMPLYiNSYNC
Ultra Member

Postby SiMPLYiNSYNC » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:37 pm

I'm so damn slow with replying. Sorry.

As much as I hate saying this, I want Justin to drop me and and go for DJ :lol: and DJ needs to drop Michael and go with Justin and have live happily ever after with him and Sky.

GREAT UPDATE! :thumbup:

Bluechic01
Ultra Member

Postby Bluechic01 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:01 pm

Oh Dawn sweetheart, get it together! She's a wreck! :no:

And poor Justin has no clue in his mind that she's there with her family, and man, he's falling hard :wub: She really needs to tell him

And girl, take care of your son, he should be the first priority.

My poor Justin and Dawn :no: And the umbrella part was so adorable :wub:

Update nowwww! :yell:

laura
Supreme Member

Postby laura » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:15 am

:phonecall: <span style='color:red'>ASHLEY!!!!!!! UPDATE!!!!!!! </span> :D

jts_senorita
Supreme Member

Postby jts_senorita » Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:22 pm

OMG... This can't end soon. I love it way to much. Yeah, I definitly think Sky and Dawn should leave Mike and join Justin. But is Justin ready for a kid... does he love her enough to take in her whole family? And how will he take the news of her being married? See? There's so much to explore! It can't end soon! :P Oh, and this story better have a happy ending. My heart was broken at the end of Can't Let Me Go! :heartbreaker:

:lol: I get so into your writing. It's so amazing. You should, like write a novel and publish it or something. Or write screenplays. I can totally see some of your ideas in movies.

Now.... After all that flattery, I think I deserve a chapter... :lol: Just kidding, take as much time as you need. :)

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:47 am

<span style='color:purple'>Woohoo, great chapter! I love how things are now beginning to all into place! More please?!?!</span>

JTnTN
Supreme Member

Postby JTnTN » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:42 pm

<span style='color:hotpink'><span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>UPDATE!</span></span>

sexyirishgurl
Supreme Member

Postby sexyirishgurl » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:44 pm

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'> :wub: Please :D </span></span>

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:24 am

<span style='font-size:30pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:green'>NOW!</span></span>

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:07 am

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:orange'>OR ELSE!!!</span></span> :P

sexyirishgurl
Supreme Member

Postby sexyirishgurl » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:28 pm

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>The ppl have spoken ,u have no choice now</span> lol</span> :)

Bluechic01
Ultra Member

Postby Bluechic01 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:53 pm

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>YEAH, UPDATE b****!</span>
Or, I'm calling to cuss you out :phonecall: :lol:

Return to “Fan Fiction”