In A New York Minute

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:42 pm

<span style='font-family:Times'><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>5 Part 2 – The One In The Park

You’re here, I’m pleased
I really dig your company

Sylvia’s was a popular soul food joint located in the center of Harlem, and apparently, DJ thought that I needed to pay her a visit. I have to admit that I was skeptical at first. The only fried chicken I’ve eaten is ‘Kitchen Fresh,’ and collard greens and cornbread were only known to me in movies like ‘The Color Purple.’ Not only that, but hot sauce has never been my condiment of choice – until now. After DJ proceeded to sprinkle it on every food item on my plate, and force me to taste it, I was hooked. I know why they call it soul food – that sh** gives your soul a makeover. I’m officially coming to this restaurant every f***in’ week.

“I take it you enjoyed your meal?â€￾ DJ asked, devouring a slice of sweet potato pie.

I leaned back to loosen my belt a little. “Thoroughly.â€￾

“See? All you have to do is trust me – I’ll never lead you wrong.â€￾

Your style, your smile, your peace mentality
Lord, have mercy on me

“Yeah, I guess you’re right again.â€￾

“I always am,â€￾ she grinned.

“And that’s gonna be why I’ll never love you.â€￾ This time, it was my turn to stick my tongue out at her.

“No, you’ll never love me because you’re scared to.â€￾

“Are you f***in’ kidding me? What is there to be scared of about you?â€￾

“I didn’t say you were scared of me,â€￾ she smiled. “I said you were scared to love me.â€￾

“That’s ri—“

“It’s not ridiculous. You’re scared to love me because you don’t want to find out that you have a heart somewhere in there – that can be broken. You wanna be invincible - scared to even be vulnerable. You’re scared to find out that you’re not as much of an a**hole as you’ve led yourself to believe all this time.â€￾

“Thanks for the psychoanalysis, Dr. Phil. But none of that is true because I’m not scared. I have no reason to be.â€￾

“It’s okay to have a flaw, you know. If I were to be totally honest, I’d say that you’re my weakness, too.â€￾

“Dawn, what are you talking about?â€￾

“Your mother left you and it hurt. Pain isn’t necessarily a bad thing, Justin.â€￾

“All right, Dawn, it’s now time for you to officially shut the f*** up.â€￾

“Typical,â€￾ she mumbled. “You ready to go?â€￾

“Look, I don’t want to skip out on anymore checks, all right? If you don’t want to, then I’ll pay for it.â€￾

She looked at me in bafflement at first, finally catching my drift. “Shut up. I was planning on paying this time.â€￾

We laughed in unison at our antics before she began to stare at me curiously. “What?â€￾ I asked.

“Nothing. I just – I know I said it before, but you have an amazing smile.â€￾

I continued to grin at her, not even knowing why. She just makes me want to smile, I guess. “Thanks.â€￾

I was blind, now I can see
What a queen’s supposed to be

“So are you taking me home again, or was that a one time deal?â€￾

“As far as I’m concerned, that’s an every time deal. I can’t let you walk home in the dark by yourself.â€￾

“Well aren’t you—“

“Even if you are ugly enough to scare off any potential danger.â€￾

Before gathering her jacket and wallet as she rose from the table, she punched me in the arm for my comment and laughed. “You’re not funny, Justin.â€￾

“Which is why you’re standing there laughing, right?â€￾

“Right.â€￾

Baby, I feel free, come on and go with me

+++++++++++++++

It was nearing midnight when the two of us reached Brooklyn. Instead of walking straight to her apartment, we took a detour through Prospect Park. The night was cool, but the breeze was calm, swirling the fallen leaves at our feet. I admired the colorful reds and yellows as Dawn animatedly debated why Britney Spears is twenty times better than Christina Aguilera.

“Well so what if Christina can’t sing,â€￾ I protested. “She can—“

“Not only can’t she sing,â€￾ she interjected, “but she lip synchs! How dare you get paid to sing and then get on stage and be an actress?â€￾

“But the girl can dance her ass off.â€￾

“She can follow the directions of a choreographer. Big whoop.â€￾

“Why do you hate her so much? What did she ever do to you?â€￾

“Nothing. I just don’t think Britney gets the attention she deserves when her voice is so much better than ‘Xtina,’â€￾ she scoffed, using the typical quote fingers.

“If Britney were so great, she’d have the attention she deserves.â€￾

“No, it’s all because Christina came first. Britney even had to dye her hair black to step out of the girl’s shadow.â€￾

“Oh, God forbid.â€￾

“Don’t make fun of me,â€￾ she laughed, playfully shoving me to a park bench. “I don’t understand how you can think that that’s okay.â€￾

“I don’t understand why you care,â€￾ I chuckled, taking a seat on the green, wooden and concrete seat.

“Well. I don’t – really. I’m just making conversation.â€￾

Let’s take a long walk around the park after dark
Find a spot for us to spark
Conversation, verbal elation, stimulation

“You’re funny.â€￾

“You’re funny-lookin’.â€￾

“Yeah, that’s mature.â€￾

“Oh, so was that crack about me bein’ ugly enough to scare off any potential danger.â€￾

I smiled, thinking of how funny that was. “I never thought I’d say this, but I’m startin’ to like you.â€￾

“Oh please, you’ve liked me since I cursed you out at Starbucks last week.â€￾

There she goes again with all her f***in’ assumptions that seem to never fail to be right. “In your dreams, b****.â€￾

“In reality, b****.â€￾

Share our situations, temptations, education, relaxations
Elevations, maybe we can talk about Revelations 31:18

“Well… maybe.â€￾

“I knew it!â€￾ she shrieked, scooting closer to me – not so much that we were touching, but enough so that we could feel each other’s warmth. “So why have you been acting the part of an a**hole all week?â€￾

“Oh, I wasn’t acting. Just because I’ve admitted that you’re cool doesn’t mean I’m gonna be.â€￾

“You’re pitiful,â€￾ she smirked. “It’s all right, Justin. I have nothing but time.â€￾

“What’s with you? You think that if you wait long enough, I’ll just let go?â€￾

“Justin, I told you, I have plenty of experience with b****es like you. I bet if we sit here long enough, you’ll be able to tell me something you’ve never told anyone before.â€￾

Your background, it ain’t squeaky clean shiit
Sometimes we all got to swim upstream

“You can sit here all night waiting for that moment if you want, but I’m not saying sh**.â€￾

“That’s cool. I’ll just sit and wait.â€￾ She crossed her arms over her chest and smiled at the dark scenery. “Nothing but time, baby.â€￾

I watched her ignore my obstinacy. We sat in silence for minutes, despite the stiff coldness of the air surrounding us. I took a deep breath and leaned forward to my knees so that we were side-by-side. “I don’t want to hate her, you know.â€￾ I paused when she looked back at me with a comforting stare. “I’ve tried so hard not to, but every time I think of how f***ing selfish she was – still is – I get pissed all over again..â€￾

DJ’s head dropped and she stared at the ground but rubbed my thigh when she spoke. “When’s the last time you talked to her?â€￾

“I don’t know. It’s been years.â€￾

“You’re kidding.â€￾

“Last time I saw her, she was at my high school graduation and I told her to f*** off.â€￾

“Justin! That’s your mother!â€￾

“I don’t care. She wasn’t there for me. Why should I act like she’s the sh** because she showed up in my life for a couple of hours?â€￾

You ain’t no saint, we all are sinners

“I know. I just can’t imagine holding that much contempt for someone that gave you life.â€￾

“Well that’s because your mother didn’t walk out on you and the man that loved her more than life itself.â€￾

“So did she just go out for cigarettes and never come back?â€￾

“No. But she cheated on him with some short fool named Paul, and then, after my dad found out, instead of trying to work through it, she left us. Just packed her sh** and went.â€￾

“Wow.â€￾

“She claimed that she was ‘in love’ with him,â€￾ I scoffed. “What a load of bullsh**.â€￾

DJ chuckled nervously. “Well Justin, you can’t help who you fall in love with.â€￾

“No, Dawn, f*** that! She wouldn’t have fallen in love with someone else if she weren’t f***in’ him in the first goddamn place!â€￾

“I know,â€￾ she said quietly. “I know.â€￾

“She was wrong, so don’t even try to defend her.â€￾

“I’m sorry. I’m not.â€￾

But you put your good foot down and make your soul a winner
I respect that, man you’re so phat
And you’re all that, plus supreme

“Good.â€￾

“I wish there was something I could do,â€￾ she added, rubbing my back.

“You can. You can stop touching me.â€￾ She punched me in the back of my neck when I laughed. “That, and don’t ever bring this up again – not to me, or anybody.â€￾

“Done.â€￾ She rose from the bench and began to stretch with a yawn. “I told you that you would talk to me. I should be a f***in’ psychologist.â€￾

“You’re doing better as just a psycho,â€￾ I retorted, hopping up from the bench.

“Well this psycho needs to get to bed, so let’s go, homeboy.â€￾

Then you’re humble, man I’m numb
Yo, with feeling, I can feel everything that you bring

We continued our promenade through the park, continuing to discuss any random sh** that our brains seemed to come up with. I even pretended to listen while she rambled about her old demons and past decisions. There’s something about the way she seems so passionate when she speaks. She just makes me want to know more, even though I probably don’t f***ing care one way or the other.

We were approaching the same street as we had the night before when we slowed to a halt in the middle of the sidewalk. She intertwined her fingers in front of her and extended her arms so that they were centimeters from my chest. “Thank you for not being a total b**** tonight.â€￾

“I should be thanking you,â€￾ I smiled.

She shook her head, staring at me. “God, where did you get such gorgeous teeth!â€￾

“I guess that’s one thing I can thank my mother for,â€￾ I laughed.

“Well then you owe her a huge thank you, homie.â€￾

“Heh, it’s the least she could do.â€￾

“Well like I said, thanks for being cool.â€￾

“May I ask why we’re standing here?â€￾

“Because I’m trying to think of something cool to say before I scurry off into the night.â€￾

“But why are you trying to be cool? I like you so much better when you’re yourself.â€￾

“Ha. Ha,â€￾ she rolled her eyes, plucking my shoulder. “I’m trying to be cool so that you’ll have the yearn to do this again sometime.â€￾

“Yeah, maybe next time you can pick the restaurant that we illegally evacuate.â€￾

A smile spread across her face – a huge, bright one that lit up Nevins Street more than any of those damn street lights could. “Or maybe you can just pick a place that at least one of us would want to eat at.â€￾

Or maybe we can see a movie
Or maybe we can see a play on Saturday
Or maybe we can roll a tree and feel the breeze and listen to a symphony
Or maybe chill and just be, or maybe
Maybe we can take a cruise and listen to the Roots or maybe eat some passion fruit
Or maybe cry to the blues
Or maybe we could just be silent

I got the irresistible urge to kiss her again, but we actually did have a near-perfect night and for once in my life, I cared too much to f*** that up. “Good night, DJ.â€￾

She grinned and nodded knowingly before harshly punching my arm for about the millionth-f***ing-time tonight. “Good night, Justin.â€￾

And for the millionth-f***ing-time tonight, I smiled back.

Lyrics: "A Long Walk" - Jill Scott</span></span></span>

<span style='color:gray'>Well I didn't exactly edit this chapter, so I'm not sure how coherent it is, but yeah. :lol: Keep up the great feedback, y'all. ^_^</span>

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:58 pm

DJ is wearing Justin down. :nod: It's cool how she got him to open up and let her in on his mama situation. That's damn sad what his mom did. :( Justin is gonna work through this one day and it looks like DJ is the one to help him loosen up and live freer.

Ash, you write the best couples. I just love the dialogue and interaction. It is so realistic and it makes it easy for me to picture exactly whats going on in the chapter. You know retarded folk such as myself need things made accessible like that. :lol:

SiMPLYiNSYNC
Ultra Member

Postby SiMPLYiNSYNC » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:18 pm

:D I loved how you switched Britney and Christina.

I effin` :wub: DJ & Justin. Can you say BEE-YOU-Ti-FUL COUPLE?!

GREAT UPDATE!

Bluechic01
Ultra Member

Postby Bluechic01 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:24 am

:rofl: I :wub: the whole Britney/Christina reversed thing. That was was genius! :thumbup:

And :yay: for them leaving that gay ass restaurant! Take him to get some real food homie!

And I'm so happy that he finally opened up to her about his past with his mother. It shows that he really trusts and appreciates her to share such details that he hasn't with anyone else.

They're the best couple in fan fiction history! :wub:

Can't wait to see what happens next! :crossfingers:

Hurry and update now now NOW Biatch!

jts_senorita
Supreme Member

Postby jts_senorita » Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:00 am

Awww... I love this story! :wub: And I love them together... and how he's opening up. And the whole Britney/Christina thing. Just ditto to what every one else said. :)

Aw, and I was the restaurant!

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:00 pm

But you put your good foot down
:rofl: is it wrong that i wanted to bring to bring that to everyones attention? :no:

i loved the chapter. again. predictably. like i can tell you i'll love the next chapter :nod:

:yay: britney rocks! :ph34r:

i like that shes giving justin the opportunity to open up about his past because i doubt a girl has ever done that in the past, theyd probably just give up :( lynne sucks :thumbdown:

keep it coming, you have no excuses now! :lol:

shortie17
Ultra Member

Postby shortie17 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:41 pm

loved the whole Christina/Britney thing
I feel bad for Jusitn with his mom and everything
i'm lovin it keep it up

sexyirishgurl
Supreme Member

Postby sexyirishgurl » Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:09 pm

great chapters as usual but u already new that. lol.justin n dj so cute 2gether u have such a way wit words that can actually make me imagine da scene.keep it up girl.gud luck with da awards.luved xtina n brit thing was funny lol

laura
Supreme Member

Postby laura » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:37 am

kiss her kiss her damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok i dont need to say this again.....but i will...........damn ash i :wub: this story, i hooked plain and simple! muah. more soon....................i mean it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

amy_byrd

Postby amy_byrd » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:37 am

:rofl: I'm still laughing at them ditching their restaurant. :lol: they're awesome man. that, and their conversation about britney and xtina. :rofl: they're definitely the funniest couple ever. :wub: Oh and I love sylvia's. she has the BEST fried chicken ever!

i'm glad that justin trusts her enough to open up and let him in on his life. dawn is very intuitive lol. awesome job. DJ and justin kick ass! :yay:

Angelpopstar7
Abstracts Immortal

Postby Angelpopstar7 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:25 pm

:rofl: :rofl: Ash those chapters were freakin hilarious!!! They ditched their restraunt :rofl: That waitress is gonna be pissed cause shes gonna have to pay for their food out of her check :rofl: i loved the getaway though...i couldn't stop laughin...and the whole convo on Brit vs. Keena :rofl: i loved how you switched the roles there...very clever i must say :nod: And that lil punching thing she does :wub: I have a feeling that she does that when she wants to kiss him...i could just be wrong but i hope i'm not lol....they're soo cute together! MORE PLEASE!

JTnTN
Supreme Member

Postby JTnTN » Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:15 pm

Ash, you know I absolutely love this. They make me so happy and make me laugh my ass off. :rofl: I love that DJ is getting him to open up when he's been this closed off a**hole for most of his life. His mom sucks for ruining him. :nod: I love that they're learning how to relate. ^_^ I'm with Heather. I think DJ is hiding her feelings just as much as Justin. :thinking:

Make her own up to her feelings and then they can fall in love and :yay:. :lol: More please, ma'am. :D

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:12 pm

<span style='color:gray'>Ahh, you guys kick so much ass with this feedback. ^_^ You got me... speechless. :lol: I really do appreciate it. I don't even know how much I can stress that. I just love y'all to death. Thanks so much. :blowkiss:</span>

<span style='font-family:Times'><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:darkblue'>
6 – The One With the VapoRub

“Good morning!â€￾ I walked into my office cheerfully for about the fifth consecutive day. I don’t know why, but lately, the days have just been more pleasant.

Sharry at her desk in her usual ‘I’m busy’ state, but grinned back at me as I took my seat. “I see Justin still has you all smiles.â€￾

“Oh, please. He doesn’t affect my mood whatsoever.â€￾

“’Oh, please’ is right. For the past two weeks – ever since y’all went on that second date – you’ve been skipping around here like cupid hit your ass.â€￾

Well okay, I have been happy for the past two weeks or so. But it’s not only because Justin and I have gotten along so well. “Can’t I just be happy?â€￾

“Nobody’s that happy unless they’re getting some.â€￾

“Oh, see now that’s where you’re wrong,â€￾ I protested. “We’re just friends. No kissin’-touchin’-f***in’ is going on up over here.â€￾

She rolled her eyes, signifying that she didn’t believe me. “Okay, Dawn.â€￾

“Sharry, I’m serious! Justin is just my homeboy. My life isn’t at a place where I need anything more than that.â€￾

“Oh, everyone can use a f*** buddy.â€￾

I know that’s right. “Well I don’t,â€￾ I retorted, finally removing my Yankees jacket, and preparing to head upstairs. “Has Justin been down here yet?â€￾

Sharry glanced at her computer before replying, “Nope, not since I’ve been here.â€￾

“Oh.â€￾ He’s usually sitting at my desk when I walk in, so maybe a little wishful thinking made me ask.

“Maybe he’s actually doing his job,â€￾ she smirked.

“Yeah, maybe so.â€￾ Dazed, I left my desk to head back for the bootleg elevators in this building and wait to be carried upstairs. I entered the Getty suite, greeting their receptionist and then Joey when I passed his office while on my way to Justin’s.

Before I could reach the end of the hall, Joey cut me off in the short corridor. “Hey, uh, Justin’s not here today.â€￾

I eyed him carefully and then Justin’s door, wondering if he was telling me the truth. “He’s f***in’ a girl in there, isn’t he?â€￾

He smiled widely while shaking his head. “No, he actually called in sick about fifteen minutes ago.â€￾

“Oh, so he’s just f***in’ a girl at home.â€￾

“Justin wasn’t lying when he said you were hilarious,â€￾ he laughed.

Wow, Justin actually gave me a compliment. “Well you should’ve known he wasn’t lying.â€￾ Wait a minute, Justin actually gave me a compliment?

“Yeah, I guess that’s true. But yeah, he sounded pretty sick when I talked to him.â€￾

“Well that’s just too bad,â€￾ I replied, walking towards the exit. “I think I’ll go back downstairs and give him a call.â€￾

“I’m sure he’d get a kick outta that.â€￾

“Thanks, Joe.â€￾ With that, I went right back down to my office and gave Justin a ring before anything could get me off track.

Coughing and stuffy, he answered the phone. “What?â€￾

“Say that again?â€￾ I giggled.

“Say what again?â€￾

“Say ‘what’ again.â€￾

“Dawn, now’s not the time to play games.â€￾

I giggled again at his congestion. “You sound like Mickey Mouse.â€￾

“Did you call to harass me? Or for once in your life, do you have a purpose?â€￾

“I actually called to see how you were doing, Mr. Timberlake.â€￾

“Well I’m just peachy, Ms. James. Me and Minnie are having a great time over here.â€￾

“Well tell Minnie that she better bounce before I get there, ‘cause I’m coming over on my lunch break.â€￾

“Why?â€￾

“Because I want to, so get over it and get ready.â€￾

“Wait, do you know where I live?â€￾

“That’s what you’re about to tell me.â€￾ I smiled at Sharry as Justin and I spoke, knowing that she was hanging onto my every word. I think her crush on him gets bigger the more I get to know him.

Just as he began citing his address, my boss, Liz came ripping through the office. “Dawn, get off the phone. I need you.â€￾

“Okay Justin, I gotta run. Leave your address on my voice mail.â€￾ Hanging up, I followed Liz into her office, desperately counting the seconds until lunchtime.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Clouds were gathering in the sky when I left the office for lunch. It was half past noon before Liz relieved me of officious duty, but she also gave me an extra half-hour, so I wasn’t even close to complaining. Through the bustle of Manhattan, after stopping at Rite-Aid and my favorite Chinese joint, I made my way to midtown. By the time I reached his apartment on the quiet end of 34th Street, rain had made its gloomy presence known, essentially soaking my poor white blouse.

I pressed the buzzer, appropriately titled, Timberlake, and waited to be let in. Through the elegant lobby, I went, taking the elevator up to his third floor apartment – 3C. I knocked on the door and waited another few minutes to gain access to the final door between Justin and me.

He swung the door open, and he stood before me with his eyes about ¾ closed, mouth hung open, and his short curls in adorable disarray. Somehow, in spite of his sickness, he looks sexily dressed down in his white Boston shirt and gray sweatpants.

I had to resist the urge not to giggle at his misery. “How are you feeling?â€￾ I asked, walking into his huge apartment behind him.

“Like sh**,â€￾ he answered hoarsely.

“You look it,â€￾ I lied, gawking at his place. His apartment was a Pottery Barn dream. High ceilings, wood floors, spiral steps, accentuated by dark brown furniture to match the wood. I dropped my bag of food at the kitchen counter to my right and watched him hobble up the staircase to where I assumed his bedroom was. “Am I supposed to just wait here?â€￾

He peeked over the balcony upstairs to look at me where I stood in his living room. “Whatever.â€￾

From my past experiences with Justin, I decided that ‘whatever’ means that I should wait for him to say something more, so I headed back over to the kitchen area and pulled out my chicken lo mein.

Before I could even get the first forkful to my lips, he yelled back over the balcony, “Get up here, DJ!â€￾

I quickly left my noodles to get cold and ran upstairs, where the only room that existed was his very gray bedroom. “Nice place you got here.â€￾

“You come to critique my apartment or keep me company?â€￾

“Well, a little of neither, but plans change.â€￾

“What’d you bring me to eat?â€￾

“Some cough drops,â€￾ I said, plopping onto the foot of his queen-sized bed, realizing that my shirt was uncomfortably damp. “Yo, you got a t-shirt I can borrow?â€￾

“What’s wrong with your shirt?â€￾

“It’s wet.â€￾

He eyed me and the length of my torso. “It doesn’t look wet to me.â€￾

“So you think I just want one of your shirts for the hell of it?â€￾

“Maybe.â€￾

“Justin, gimme a damn shirt.â€￾ He slowly picked himself up from his comforter to search his dresser drawers before eventually throwing a large gray and burgundy sweatshirt in my direction. “Damn, do you have anything that doesn’t say ‘Boston’ on it?â€￾

With a stuffy “Nope,â€￾ he climbed right back into his bed, flipping on his plasma television. “Remind me why you’re here again?â€￾

I stood up to pull the sweatshirt on and strategically pull off the wet shirt underneath without revealing too much of anything. “Have you taken anything yet?â€￾

“What?â€￾

“Have you taken any medicine?â€￾

“Yeah, mom.â€￾

“Ha. Ha. What have you taken?â€￾

“I dunno. DayQuil or something.â€￾

“Or something,â€￾ I chuckled. “You could be on vicodin and you wouldn’t even know.â€￾

“I’m pretty sure that’s not it.â€￾

“Well I brought you a few surefire remedies.â€￾

“Like what?â€￾ he sneezed.

“Bless you,â€￾ I answered, handing him his box of tissues. “Like some Vick’s.â€￾

“Who is that?â€￾

“Take off your shirt,â€￾ I laughed, heading back downstairs.

“For what?â€￾ he yelled.

“Because I said so!â€￾

“I’m really not in the mood to f*** right now.â€￾

Bouncing back upstairs with my Rite-Aid bag, I rolled my eyes at his boorishness. “I’m not either. I just want you to be nice and naked when I tie you to your bed.â€￾

“Cute.â€￾

“You have to take your shirt off for Vick.â€￾

“Who is that?â€￾

I removed the small, navy blue jar of medicine from the plastic bag and inched towards Justin’s spot on the bed. “Take off the shirt or I’m gonna take it off for you.â€￾

“You always struck me as the type that liked it rough.â€￾

“Justin, take off the damn shirt.â€￾

“Why?â€￾

“Why are you so f***in’ difficult. Take it off!â€￾

Slowly and hesitantly, he removed his oversized white t-shirt to reveal the most beautiful, chiseled pack of abs that I’ve ever seen in person. I thought sh** like this only existed in movies starring Brad Pitt. Damn.

“Stop looking at me like you’re about to bite into me,â€￾ he said, sniffling.

Well it’s official – he can read my mind. “How bout you shut up and open this for me.â€￾

“Vick’s Vapor Rub,â€￾ he read off of the label. “What is this?â€￾

“It’s what’s gonna make you feel better. It opens up your nasal passages and helps you breathe and all that sh**.â€￾

Removing the lid, he took a whiff of the light green substance. “Dawn, this smells like sh**. What are you gonna do with it?â€￾

“I’m gonna rub it on your chest.â€￾ If I don’t have a damn orgasm first.

“I swear to God, if this makes me feel worse, I’m making you eat this.â€￾

“Trust me, all right? I use it all the time on my – I use it all the time.â€￾

“I’m just warning you.â€￾

“Sit back and shut up,â€￾ I retorted, pushing him onto his pillows. I carefully took a dollop of the gel and placed it at the crevice of his neck, slowly circling my fingers around his collarbone. I watched in content as he closed his eyes at my touch and finally began to breathe again. “See how fast it works?â€￾ I said, softly.

“Yeah, just hurry up.â€￾

I added more to his chest with one hand while trying to fan myself with the other. I tried to tell myself that this was all very innocent and I was only trying to help him, but the more I think about it, the warmer it gets in here. And this damned sweatshirt isn’t helping. His breathing is getting better while mine quickens with every touch.

Be wise, be smart
Behave my heart
Don’t upset your cart when he’s so close

“How long do you have to do this for?â€￾

Okay, so rubbing this sh** onto his chest put me into a trance. “Well, I guess I’m done.â€￾

“About damn time,â€￾ he sniffled. Before he could say another word, a huge sneeze came flying out – onto me.

Mortified, I moved away from him, taking a couple of tissues with me to wipe his… sneeze off of my face. “Please get me a washcloth.â€￾

“That’s what you get for bein’ all up in my face,â€￾ he smiled, walking to his neighboring bathroom as he pulled his t-shirt back on. A few seconds later, he returned, handing me a lukewarm wet towel to wash my face with.

“Well Justin, as gross as that was, I think I’m gonna bounce. I just wanted to make sure you were okay.â€￾

“Leaving so soon?â€￾

“Yeah, I can’t afford to catch your cold. The last thing I need is to get my little boy sick. And then I’ll be missing work and sh—“

“Wait, a minute,â€￾ he sneezed. “Your little boy?â€￾

“My little boy?â€￾

“You have a little boy?â€￾

Damn, did I really just say that? “Oh, yeah, my little boy. You know how they have those big brother/sister programs at the Boys and Girls Club?â€￾

“Sure. I guess.â€￾

“Yeah. Well yeah, I have a little brother with them. You should meet him sometime.â€￾

“Yeah.â€￾ He sniffled and headed down the steps, leaving me to follow him. “You bought this for me?â€￾ he yelled upstairs.

“Bought what?â€￾

“The Chinese.â€￾

No, motherf***er. It’s my lunch break. I walked downstairs to find him chomping away at my food. “You’re lucky I don’t beat on sick people.â€￾

“So you didn’t bring it for me?â€￾ he asked, purposely coughing over the entire container of lo mein.

I pulled on my jacket and shook my head at him. “I should’ve just let you be sick.â€￾

“But then you’d suffer at work everyday without me coming to visit you.â€￾

“I can live without you harassing me for a few days.â€￾

“Which is why you rushed over here to make me better, right?â€￾

I rolled my eyes playfully and headed towards the door. “I’m taking your umbrella.â€￾

“No you’re not.â€￾

“I’ll bring it back tomorrow.â€￾

“Hey.â€￾

I turned around to him after opening the door. “What?â€￾

“Take my keys.â€￾

“Why?â€￾

“So I don’t have to let you back in tomorrow.â€￾

“What if you have to leave?â€￾

“Then I have another set. Take them and get the f*** out.â€￾

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Lunch the next day had approached, and while I usually wait for Sharry to return before I leave, it was almost 2PM and I wanted to get back to Justin’s place to check on him before the day was over. That, and I wanted to return his keys, umbrella and sweatshirt before he cursed me out for having them too long.

I happily strutted down 34th Street in the sunny day, anticipating seeing that man’s gorgeous little face again. No, I don’t like him, and yes, he’s still just my friend, but that doesn’t change the fact that the man is fine. I went the same route as yesterday, stopping for Chinese – for both of us, going past Rite-Aid and finally reaching his building, glad to not have to awkwardly stand in the rain waiting for him to answer.

Unfortunate for me, however, I seemed to have picked an inopportune time for Justin. I opened the door to find Sharry standing jaw-dropped in front of me. I frowned at the sight of her and looked up to Justin’s balcony in disgust. “Fancy meeting you here.â€￾

She chuckled nervously and grabbed her purse from the kitchen counter. “Dawn. This isn’t what it looks like.â€￾

“Looks like you got a little dessert with your lunch today.â€￾

She gave me a fake grin – one of those grins where you don’t even show teeth – and pulled on her powder blue peacoat. “I’m sorry.â€￾

You should be. “Don’t be.â€￾

“Well, um, I’ll leave you two alone. Justin, I’ll see you later,â€￾ she yelled up to him.

“Later,â€￾ he replied, not even finding his way to the overlook to say goodbye.

“I’ll see you back at work, Dawn.â€￾

“Yeah.â€￾ I didn’t bother to turn and watch her leave. I was too pissed off to move. I merely waited to hear the elevators take her away before informing Justin of my presence. “Yo, I’m leaving your sh** here on the counter,â€￾ I yelled.

“Dawn?â€￾ He leaned over his balcony to make sure he heard right. “I didn’t know you were here.â€￾

“Yeah, just walked in.â€￾

Making his way downstairs, pulling on a dark blue sweatshirt, he greeted me happily. “Hey.â€￾

“I thought you were sick.â€￾

“I still am. Kind of.â€￾

“Oh, so I guess Sharry was part of your remedy.â€￾

“You could say that.â€￾ He smirked at me rolling my eyes as he moved closer to me and grabbed my waist. “You know, you could be the other part of that remedy.â€￾

Damn, I like the sound of that. “Is that so?â€￾

“Well you’ve already seen me half naked. Why not finish the job?â€￾

I smiled – mostly at the feeling of his fingers on the bare skin of my sides. “I’d love to finish the job.â€￾

Be soft, be sweet
But be discreet

“In that case—“

“But, I don’t wanna catch a cold,â€￾ I finished, elbowing him off of me.

Don’t go off your feet when he’s so close for comfort

“You’re a wicked moron.â€￾

“Yeah well.â€￾ I smiled and pulled out the Chinese food cartons. “I bought us some more lunch.â€￾

“More lo mein?â€￾ he whined.

“No, you big baby, I bought us some General Tso’s and Sesame Chicken.â€￾

“And rice?â€￾

“Some chicken fried rice and then I think they added a carton of white.â€￾

“Damn, girl, you know what I like.â€￾

“I aim to please.â€￾

Cheerfully, we pulled out the food and piled it onto our respective paper plates, sitting at the kitchen counter. Conversation was even going relatively well until the phone rang. “Justin Timberlake,â€￾ he answered professionally. I had no clue who he was talking to, but by the end of the conversation, I concluded that it was another one of his whores. “I’ll see you tonight,â€￾ he finished.

“Going out?â€￾ I asked once he returned to our meal.

“Oh. Yeah.â€￾

“You’re such a bastard,â€￾ I chuckled, shaking my head.

“What the f*** did I do now?â€￾

“You just had Sharry in here like 20 minutes ago, and now you’re making a ‘date’ with a new b****.â€￾

“Damn. Jealous much?â€￾

“I’m not jealous. I just don’t understand you.â€￾

“It’s not your place to understand me, Dawn. It’s not like I’m committed to anyone.â€￾

“I’m not saying that you are. I’m saying that the way you treat women is just – it’s deplorable.â€￾

“What the f*** have I done to them? Sharry came over here on her own free will. Rachel just called me because she wanted to. I’m not twisting any arms here.â€￾

“Whatever.â€￾ I took a bite of my chicken and stared at the view behind him.

“Just because you don’t take an interest in me doesn’t mean that no one else will.â€￾

“Don’t take an interest? What the f*** am I sitting here for?â€￾ I yelled.

“You tell me, Dawn. What do you want from me!â€￾

“What the f*** are you yelling at me for!â€￾

“You started yelling first!â€￾

“Well. Whatever!â€￾

He narrowed his eyes at me and gave me a frown of bewilderment. “You’re not making any sense!â€￾

“You want some sense? Stop being a motherf***in’ whore!â€￾

“I’m not attached to anyone – especially not you, who won’t even give me a goddamn kiss, so I can do whatever the f*** I want!â€￾

“Is that what this is about, Justin? You’re still mad because I didn’t kiss you two f***ing weeks ago?â€￾

“No, Dawn, that’s not what this is about! This is about the fact that you can’t tell me sh**, because I don’t owe you sh**, because you and me aren’t sh**!â€￾

“What?â€￾

“Like I said, I can do whatever I want. You’re not my mother. You’re not my girlfriend. Contrary to what you think, I don’t have to f***in’ answer to you.â€￾

I nodded, licking my lips – probably because I know he’s right. But at the same time, he’s so wrong. “Well you can do whatever you want… without me.â€￾ In that same breath, I grabbed my jacket from the couch and stormed through the door.

Too close for comfort, please not again
Too close to know just when to say ‘When’
He’s much too close for comfort now

Lyrics: “Too Close For Comfortâ€￾ – La Toya London (American Idol, Season 3)</span></span></span>

<span style='color:gray'>Y'all know I can't write a story without the drama. :lol: And yeah, I know the song is Frank Sinatra, but I'm using La Toya's version here. :unsure: Anywho, keep it comin' gals. :D</span>

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:47 pm

<span style='color:blue'>Okay, so I just got done with chapter 5, but so far everything is great. I love how you're making everyone that is still cool bad...ie Christina and Lynn. :lol: Anywho, I'll catch up with 6 sometime... :crossfingers:</span>

JTnTN
Supreme Member

Postby JTnTN » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:18 pm

Oh hell. I guess it never fails. Fanfic Justin always has to fuuck up a good thing. Oh wait, that's real life Justin too. :lol: But seriously, did he have to go off the handle like that? And Dawn too. Where does she get off telling him what to do? He's right. She's right. Ughhh, this is all so damn frustrating. They're both breaking, but they don't want to. :nono: :wacko:

I love that she came to take care of him though. Justin, she wants you. Take her! :lol:

Keep it up, babe. :kiss:

Bluechic01
Ultra Member

Postby Bluechic01 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:15 am

Wowww drama drama! :lol: Geez, I dunno whose right or wrong! :shrug: they're so

confusing and yet sooo adorable :wub:

They both want each other and they know it. What a bunch of stubborn mofos.

All this sexual tension is just building up. I wish they'd climb on each other and just hump each other already :whip: :whip:

And ooo I'd love to rub vapor rub on that sexy hot body :drool:

More please babe! :kiss: :D

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:36 am

i was smiling in the first half because theyre obviously hooked on each other. but then sharry... :nono: justin you suck :no: i love the vaporub bit, i decided to visualise that part :P

hopefully with dawns absense justin'll realise how much she means to him and try to get it straight.

more, more, more!

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:39 am

:no: :no: Justin, the f*** machine. :lol: He sure knows how to schedule in his daily sexcapades. I was hoping that Dawn was starting to make him realize that he could be a better person, but I see that there are more lessons that he must learn about the world and himself. :nod:

I hope that they get over this little dramatic outburst and see how good they are for one another. :pray:

I, too, loved the Vapor rub scene ... great for visualization purposes. ;) :thumbup:

laura
Supreme Member

Postby laura » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:06 am

awww ok first, i was soooo loving the vicks thing, so cute, plus him topless always a good thing :wub:
but damn justin and dj, just get to it already, nah i like the build up ash, it keeps us guessing, which i love!!!!!!!!!!

p.s if ya get time check out my fan fic......

loves it as always..............

more NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:34 pm

<span style='color:mediumvioletred'>Okay, so can I reiterate how much I love you guys? I can't say it enough. Thank you so much for all of your love and support. The awards for the NF.com Season One have been anounced and :yay: I won a few things! So for the millionth time, thank you guys for voting. :wub:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/babyblue2578/astounding_stand-alone.jpgAstounding Stand-Alone

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/babyblue2578/brilliant_descriptive.jpgBrilliant Descriptive

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/babyblue2578/supreme_newbie_award.jpgSupreme Newbie

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/babyblue2578/spectacular_povrunner_up.jpgRunner Up - Spectacular POV

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/babyblue2578/intriguing_work_in_progressrunner_up.jpgRunner Up/Tie - Intriguing Work In Progress

Y'all can see the rest of the winners nsyncfiction.com/awardshere. Season Two starts Thursday, so again, if y'all want me to nominate you for anything, post your story and I'm on it! :D Again, thanks so much. I shall be updating soon. :nod: :blowkiss:</span>

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:12 pm

:clap: :yay: :clap: :yay:

DAMN! That's a lot of awards you won right thurr! :wub: You deserve every one of them and I hope that you realize that you are da shiit when it comes to fan fiction (and everything else in this world!), so let me just take a moment and bow down to the queen, my queen. :notworthy: :notworthy:

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:34 pm

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

i voted for you :yay: and you so definately deserved to win :nod:

:clap: we're proud of you girl :wub:

shortie17
Ultra Member

Postby shortie17 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:27 pm

I'm thinking its the sexual tension that has them both so angry, but who knows.
post more soon
and congrats on your winnings :D

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:21 am

<span style='color:blue'>So yes, I know it's about damn time I catch up, but hey, what can ya do?

Love it! :blowkiss: Love that Sharry had a little lock-jaw going on. lol But seriously, when is she gonna find that second half? </span>

sexyirishgurl
Supreme Member

Postby sexyirishgurl » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:33 am

its gettin hot in herrrrrrre lol and hey ive tried the vicks sure does work but i dont mean clearin airways. lol :P

next chap please , luvin it

congrats on ur awards ,u totally deserve them n alot more after them. :)

amy_byrd

Postby amy_byrd » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:12 am

Ah, that was some hot stuff! That vaporrub will do it everytime. :lol: I feel Dawn's pain. geeze, i wouldve fainted with all that rubbing and wow! :lol: Just when i thought they were gonna be happy and stuff, he just had to f*** the secretary. :no: I'm gonna need them both to stop being so stubborn!

anyways, congratulations on your awards, girl! you SO deserve them and more. I only wish i could've voted more than once lol. :hug: I'll definitely be nominating you this time so get redy for more campaigning! :lol:

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:11 pm

<span style='color:purple'>Finally caught up...great story!!
But..I'm with Bubs...when is she going to get to the second half??? :lick: :drool: :chew: :chatter:
</span>

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:26 am

<span style='color:gray'>Thank you guys again for being so AWESOME. :wub: I still love y'all. And so, I kinda wrote this one in a bit of a hurry, so if it sucks, feel free to tell me how much. :lol:</span>

<span style='font-family:Times'><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>
7 – The One On The Boat

I haven’t talked to Dawn in a week. I haven’t even been downstairs to ignore her, and I’m not even sure why. But then, she hasn’t bothered to talk to me either, so it seems like we’re mad at each other. The last time we even uttered a word to one another was the day after I returned from my sick leave and I brought her the blouse that she left at my place.

Tonight is the building’s annual Remember November Ball on the South Street Seaport’s Zephyr cruiser. After last year, I swore I’d never show up again, but I changed my mind, somewhat hoping that DJ would show up. Don’t tell her though, ‘cause I don’t want her thinking that I like her or any bullsh** like that.

It was near 8PM when a group of us guys from the Getty office were crowded in a huddle at the end of Pier 17, waiting to board the boat. I laughed absently at the idle conversation we were having while inadvertently searching the boardwalk for Dawn’s tall frame. Instead, I spotted her boss heading in my direction.

“Good evening, Justin,â€￾ she whispered heavily, fingering the collar of my coat.

“Good evening, Liz.â€￾

“Save me a dance, handsome.â€￾

“Yeah, sure,â€￾ I replied, noticing the silhouette of Dawn’s head approaching on the passenger’s side of a big, dark blue Dodge Durango. I couldn’t make out exactly who was driving, but I was sure that it wasn’t a woman. “Hold that thought, Liz.â€￾ I moved out of the vicinity of the group and tried to inch towards the street while watching her get out of the car – thankfully, alone.

She swayed towards where I stood, wearing a navy blue suit with silver pinstripes that didn’t become noticeable until she walked past me. She glanced at me knowingly, but didn’t say a word. Hold the f*** up. Why is she walking past me?

“Hey, Justin,â€￾ said a voice to my left.

I turned to see Sharry and another woman whose face I recognized, but whose name escaped me. “Hey.â€￾

“You look great tonight.â€￾

“Thanks,â€￾ I answered, my gaze following Dawn to where she started to get onto the boat, which would momentarily be departing.

Another voice called after me as I walked to the end of the pier. “Hi, Justinâ€￾ was all I heard on my path to wherever Dawn had finally stopped. I don’t want to talk to her, but I’ll be damned if I let her f***in’ ignore me without her knowing that I’m ignoring her, too.

I made it onto the swanky boat, trying to maintain my balance when the floor tipped with my steps. Just my f***in’ luck, before I could get to the second level of the triple-tier cruiser, I was stopped by a group of women that seem to be part of my goddamn fan club tonight. “Hey, Justin, I’m saving a seat for you at my table,â€￾ one of the women said. If I’m not mistaken, she’s the blonde that works in the mailroom on the first floor, but who the hell really knows. Better yet, who cares?

“Thanks,â€￾ I replied, peering behind her to the staircase. If I could just get past her, I know Dawn went upstairs, damn it. “Could you hold that seat at the table?â€￾ I added.

“Oh, yeah. Sure. I’ll be right over there,â€￾ she smiled.

“Yeah. Uh, what’s your name again?â€￾

“Leslie.â€￾

“Right. Leslie. Stay here, and I’ll be back.â€￾

“Don’t take too long,â€￾ she said, waving as I departed to the steps.

Just as I turned around, another broad coming off of the staircase caught me. “Hey Justin.â€￾

“Hey. Uh, Jenny, right?â€￾

“Jamie,â€￾ she smiled.

“Right. Jamie. If you’ll excuse me…â€￾

“Sure. Hey, when you come back down, how ‘bout I buy you a drink?â€￾

“Whatever you want,â€￾ I smiled back, removing myself from her path. Finally, I made it upstairs to where the dance floor was staged. I thought the first level was crowded, but the second was f***ing packed. It wasn’t a huge boat, but I’d planned to be able to sit my ass down once we took off floating down the Hudson River. “I’m never gonna f***in’ find her,â€￾ I said to myself.

“She’s upstairs,â€￾ a new voice said behind me.

I spun on my heel to find Joey grinning at me. “Hey, man.â€￾

“You look like you’ve had a rough night already,â€￾ he laughed.

“Man, who knew that this many hoes worked in our building?â€￾

“Apparently you did. You’ve f***ed them all, haven’t you?â€￾

“No way. I don’t even know half these b****es.â€￾

“Well they know you.â€￾

I rolled my eyes at the thought and looked at my watch. “So you said Dawn is upstairs, right?â€￾

“Yeah, she was sitting at a table by herself, too.â€￾

“Did she look pissed off or anything?â€￾

“Nah, she looked kinda happy actually.â€￾

What the f*** is she so happy about? “Oh.â€￾

“She looks good, too, man.â€￾

Yeah, no sh**. “I didn’t notice.â€￾

“Stop kidding yourself and go talk to her,â€￾ he prodded.

“Well if she’s so happy, why should I go f*** that up?â€￾

“Because that’s what you always do. Go on up there, man.â€￾

Eh, he’s right. I handed Joey my coat, figuring that he’d be on his way to the coat check sooner or later, and I swallowed my pride to make it to the top of the boat. Just as Joe had informed me, she was up there, sitting at a table. But she most certainly wasn’t alone. It would be totally out of character for me to say that my heart dropped when I saw her engaged in lively conversation with Alex from Accounting, but… well you get the point.

I figure two can play this game, so I grabbed the nearest woman and sat her down with me, about two tables behind Dawn and Alex. “Just pretend we’re talking,â€￾ I said to the woman, anxiously peering at the table ahead of us.

The woman, whose big, dark blonde bouffant-style hairdo was blocking my line of vision, giggled at my unfunny comment. “Nice to see you again, Justin.â€￾

“Do I know you?â€￾

“Yeah? It’s Natasha from the 4th floor.â€￾

Who? What? “Oh, yeah. Natasha.â€￾

“So how have you been?â€￾

“Could you do me a favor and make your hair smaller? I can’t see the woman behind you.â€￾

She turned to see what my attention was so focused on before smiling back at me in an awkward, nervous manner. “Are you serious?â€￾

“Yeah, I really can’t see.â€￾

“Well, she seems kind of busy. You could, you know, pay attention to who’s in front of you,â€￾ she stated sharply. She continued to talk, but I basically ignored her for the most part, not giving a f*** about whatever it is Natasha felt the urge to lecture me on.

“Hey, you wanna dance?â€￾ I interrupted.

She finally stopped yapping and gave a bashful smile. “There’s no room to dance up here.â€￾

“Yeah, I was thinking we could go downstairs.â€￾ Where the normal people exist, I hope.

She stood up and silently waited to grab my hand and guide me down to the second level. There, the sound of Stevie Wonder pulsated through the boat’s speakers while co-workers swayed to the beat, acting as though their relationships were more intricate than ‘Hi-and-Bye.’

Natasha and I danced for two consecutive songs while she rambled my ear off about her cat, before I told her that I needed a break. The fact of the matter is, I saw DJ come downstairs and escape to the outside of the boat where most people stood to puff on cigarettes.

I relieved myself of Natalie – or Natasha? Well I left the b**** and went outside to where Dawn stood, gazing at the water rippling past us. “Who the hell do you think you are?â€￾

She hardly glanced at me before replying, “Hi to you, too, Justin.â€￾

“Stop being a jerk and answer me.â€￾

“Why are you talking to me?â€￾

“I asked you a question.â€￾

“Dawn James.â€￾

“What?â€￾

“You asked me who I thought I was. I’m pretty sure that that’s me. I’m Dawn James, who’s tired of Justin Timberlake’s bullsh**.â€￾

“Who was that that dropped you off at the pier?â€￾

“I don’t think that’s any of your business.â€￾

“Dawn, I’m f***ing serious. Who was he?â€￾

“Why, Justin? Why do you care? Why do you give a f*** who I’m with or what I’m doing?â€￾

“Because I do. Why can’t you answer the f***in’ question?â€￾

“It was my brother, okay! It was my goddamn brother!â€￾

“Dawn, you’re making a scene.â€￾

“Justin, you’re making me sick.â€￾

“If it was your brother, then why are you making such a big deal about answering me?â€￾

“Because I don’t have to answer to you. What was that you said? You can’t tell me sh**, because I don’t owe you sh**. Isn’t that right? Because, and I quote, ‘you and me aren’t sh**.’â€￾

“Why are you acting like a b****?â€￾ I retorted.

“You know, as often as you ask me that, you’d think by now that it’s not an act,â€￾ she answered, leaning over the railing of the boat.

There was a long, uncomfortable pause between us before I spoke again. “I don’t like when you act like this.â€￾

“Justin, I’m standing here minding my business. Why don’t you try it?â€￾

“Are you still mad about Sheila?â€￾

“Her name is Sharry!â€￾ she yelled. “The girl’s f***ing name is Sharry!â€￾

“So it’s about her?â€￾

“No, motherf***er. This sh** is about you. You cannot keep projecting your faults onto other people. You can’t keep pushing people away with that horrible attitude and then all of a sudden become offended when they finally get sick of you! You have to stop with the f***in’ hot and cold act, man. It’s confusing. It’s frustrating. It’s heartbreaking! God, open your heart, Justin. Open your f***in’ eyes! Find a good woman to occupy your time and to keep in your life instead of constantly f***ing with mine!â€￾ And by the end of her speech, she had stormed back inside to piss me off even more by dancing with another motherf***er.

I kept my distance for the majority of the song playing, mainly because I wasn’t really in the mood to dance to it, but as Dawn and her dancing partner, Paul, made their way closer to my wallflower position, I decided to take a stand – well, a dance. “Move,â€￾ I said to Paul, tapping his shoulder.

“Don’t move,â€￾ she shot back to him.

“Paul, if you know what’s good for you, you’ll move.â€￾

He quickly bid DJ adieu and scampered off leaving me to dance with her. “Justin, you have no right to—“

“Sorry,â€￾ I interrupted.

“What?â€￾

“Sorry,â€￾ I repeated.

“You talkin’ to me?â€￾ she asked, sounding like DeNiro, though I doubt it was deliberate.

“Dawn – DJ, I’m sorry.â€￾

Be firm, be fair, be sure, beware
On your guard, take care while there’s such temptation

She nodded and I could tell that she was content to have received an apology from me. They only come about once a year, so it looks like she got lucky. “I’m sorry, too.â€￾ I could feel her muscles relax and she let her body rest against mine. Silently, we rocked back and forth to the resonance of the speakers playing Alicia Keys’s youthful voice singing her first song. “Justin, what are we doing here?â€￾ she asked softly.

One thing leads to another
Too late to run for cover

Falling…â€￾I dunno, DJ,â€￾ I sighed. “Just dance.â€￾

She’s much too close for comfort now

Lyrics: "Too Close For Comfort" - Frank Sinatra (Come Dance With Me)</span></span></span>

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:14 am

^_^ bless the arsehole ^_^

justin seems to be a real ladies man :no: but it appears dawn may just be the one to tame him, infact it sounds like hes never truly been in love, perhaps he'll be lucky.

the chapter didnt suck at all :thumbup: i thought it captured justins true nature very well :nod:

more!

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:18 am

IT'S SHARRY! :rofl: That was hilarious. :rofl: I wish he could get all these chicks' names right, but that doesn't look like it's happening anytime soon. That's what you get for being a playa! :no: :nono:

I agree with Helena about him never really being in love. He thinks he knows love, but it definitely isn't having casual sex with every woman working in your office building. At this point, he's only known physicality, and I hope that Dawn helps him to understand the depths of love that he has yet to experience. :nod: I love them together ... what a great dynamic ... when they aren't fighting, that is. :lol:

megzrsa
Supreme Member

Postby megzrsa » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:36 am

I'm all caught up :yay:
Right, he needs to lay off the sluts and get with Dawn who actually cares about him, he needs to let her into his heart :nod:
Loved the chapter where they skipped the restaurant :lol: and the vicks one was hot :P
Finally he apolygised to her and it seems like they are falling in love :wub:
I'm curious about the 'little boy' thing tho :huh:
Update soon Ash!!!! :P

JTnTN
Supreme Member

Postby JTnTN » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:46 am

Justin, you idiot! Ugh, he's so frustrating with his b****iness. But I love it. :lol: I'm too happy to see that he pulled his head out of his ass long enough to apologize to her and perhaps listen to something she had to say. :nod: And dude, I want her suit. Sounds pimp. :pimp: :lol:

I love how every time he turns around, another woman is falling at his feet, but the only woman he wants is cussing him out. :lol: This is just AWESOME. Now gimme more! :pray:

Oh, and congrats again on the awards. You rock, baby. :D

jts_senorita
Supreme Member

Postby jts_senorita » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:15 pm

Sorry I didn't reply to the last chapter... I read it, but I was to busy to reply. Anyways. This chapter was good! I love how he dropped his a**hole act and appologised. I love it when a guy usually acts like an ass, but then he does something sweet and you realise that he's really a sweetheart deep down inside... But we all knew Justin is a sweet heart. Keep it coming... I get so happy when I see a knew chapter. It's so exiting!

sexyirishgurl
Supreme Member

Postby sexyirishgurl » Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:05 pm

justin is such a pimp lol,didnt even no half ther names,thank god j apolgised to dj ,he def needed 2 he was bein an a**hole.loved that chap it didnt suck.

u no wat to do :D

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:43 am

<span style='color:purple'>Alrighty...I'll keep my remarks about Natasha to myself...hmph <_< and move onto the story...:P

I'm glad that he got his head out of his ass long enough to apologize!! I love their relationship even though I'd like to slap them around sometimes!
Great job!!
</span>

Bluechic01
Ultra Member

Postby Bluechic01 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:26 pm

Awww a nice boat ride :wub:

Did I mention that I love this couple? :D

I'm finallllly glad Justin decided to apologize for being such a prick to DJ and he's quite the playa :pimp: Damn, I wanna f*** him. He's so evil that's its tastefully attractive :drool:

I'd give anything to be one of his whores :lol:

And DJ rocks :headbanger:

More pleaseeeee :kiss: :D

Bluechic01
Ultra Member

Postby Bluechic01 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:27 pm

Awww a nice boat ride :wub:

Did I mention that I love this couple? :D

I'm finallllly glad Justin decided to apologize for being such a prick to DJ and he's quite the playa :pimp: Damn, I wanna f*** him. He's so evil that's its tastefully attractive :drool:

I'd give anything to be one of his whores :lol:

And DJ rocks :headbanger:

More pleaseeeee :kiss: :D

amy_byrd

Postby amy_byrd » Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:46 pm

Ah, ash i swear you just get better and better with every new chapter. I just adore the relationship b/w dj and justin. i think it's beautiful the way he's opening up for her and the way she's learning how to relate to him. They really kick ass. ^_^ Thank goodness he FINALLLY apologized! :yay:

girl, you know I need mroe!

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:11 am

<span style='color:blue'>You know, this Justin sounds like a guy I knew in high school... and the funny thing was he was a Bosox fan and me, of course, and we fought all the time. :lol:

Great chapter! Loved it as usual... and dude, he keeps fallin', in and out... of love... with her... lol :thumbup:

And shameless plug: For those of you who care, I'm working on the next chapter of J&J. :shrug: Better late than never I guess. Sorry. </span> :ph34r:

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:31 pm

For those of you who care, I'm working on the next chapter of J&J
:jawdrop: :yay:

and more ash, more! :P

jts_senorita
Supreme Member

Postby jts_senorita » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:50 pm

^ :yay: for more J&J chapters!

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:08 am

<span style='color:gray'>Well, today has been an unbelievably bad day, so I did what I always do and dived into my writing and this is what I came up with. You'll have to forgive me if it sucks, but I'm in an odd headspace today. :lol: I can't stress enough how thankful I am for your feedback, though. Keep it comin'. :blowkiss:

<span style='font-family:Times'><span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:darkblue'>8 – The One With The Wish

“Dawn, I need you,â€￾ Liz called from her office.

It had been a long, harrowing day, and I certainly wasn’t in the mood to deal with any of her bullsh**. She’s been calling my name since I walked in this morning, citing a crisis involving her biggest, most recent case. I swear, if she spent half the time on her cases that she did bugging me about unnecessary sh** like Justin, she’d be a much better lawyer. I pretended to be on the phone and ignored her catcall, knowing that she didn’t really want anything.

“Dawn,â€￾ Sharry whispered, “Liz is calling you.â€￾

I haven’t said much of anything to Sharry these days. Hell, half the time, I’m tempted to call her Sheila. “Yeah, I know. I just don’t feel like dealing with her.â€￾

“You better answer her, or then she’s gonna start calling me!â€￾

My thoughts exactly. “So let her bug you for once. Your side of the office is never busy.â€￾ Liz’s partner, Julian Troy, tends not to come in on days that end with the letter ‘Y.’

Liz finally retreated from her office to where Sharry and I both sat, ignoring her.
“Dawn, didn’t you hear me calling you?â€￾

For the ninetieth f***ing time today, of course I did. “No, I must have been on the phone,â€￾ I smiled.

“Oh, well if you’re busy, I can just use Sharry. Shar, can you come to my office for a few minutes?â€￾

I smiled in satisfaction when they departed, Sharry sticking her tongue out at me. I wasn’t like I was lying – I had been on the phone…at some point that day. And I was busy. I had to finish up the piles of paperwork that Justin threw at me a few weeks ago. I don’t know where he gets his nerve, or why I even opted to finish it, but Dawn James doesn't start something that she’s not gonna finish. Usually.

Relieved and exhausted, I piled the work into a stray paper box and headed upstairs to greet Justin with it. When I reached the Getty suite, I was stopped, for once in my life, by the receptionist, Drea. “Hey, Dawn. Justin’s in the middle of an appointment.â€￾

For the first time ever, he’s actually doing something productive? Unbelievable. “Oh, okay. How much longer do you think he’ll be?â€￾

“I’m not sure. He’s interviewing for the new intern position.â€￾

Justin, of all people? Those poor aspiring interns. “Well I just wanted to drop this box off with him, so could you just let him know that I came by and give it to him?â€￾

Drea’s response was interrupted by the ring of the phone in front of her, but she waved me the go-ahead to take the box to his office. I turned the corner just in time to see Justin’s door opening and a short, caramel-colored guy with a baby face shaking Justin’s hand. “Thank you for this opportunity, Mr. Timberlake,â€￾ the guy said, genuinely.

Justin pulled off his glasses and smirked at the guy. “You’re welcome, Mr. Usher.â€￾

“It’s Raymond,â€￾ he corrected Justin – Uh, bad idea.

“What?â€￾

“Oh, I was just saying that my last name is Raymond. It’s Usher Raymond.â€￾

Justin rolled his eyes and smiled when he saw me at the end of the hall. “Whatever. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to offer you a job with us this semester, but I’ll see what I can do about a recommendation for the summer.â€￾

I inched down the hall to where the two men stood, amused by the fact that Justin held so much power at such a young age. With a bowed head, the Usher Raymond kid advanced down the hall and presumably out of the suite.

“Usher? What kind of f***ed up name is that,â€￾ Justin commented, waiting for me to walk into his office before him.

“I know right,â€￾ I laughed, plopping down into his big leather swivel chair.

“So what can I do for you?â€￾ he asked, sitting on the cluttered surface of his dark cherry wood desk.

“Well I finished the work you gave me.â€￾

“What?â€￾

I picked up the box full of papers and sat it on his lap. “I believe I was supposed to file the tax returns for this case and then invest the dividends for your company after Liz or Julian okayed it.â€￾

“Dawn, you didn’t really have to do that.â€￾

“Of course I did.â€￾

“I gave you this work because I was mad at you. You weren’t even supposed to be able to do it.â€￾

“I’m sure you counted on that—“

“How in God’s name did you finish this? To be able to even calculate the annual income, you needed access to Lexus which you don’t get until you pass the bar.â€￾

I turned from facing him to play with his computer while he looked at me in amazement. “Well it seems that I’m more than just a secretary, doesn’t it?â€￾

He began flipping through pages of the stacks of work in utter disbelief. “DJ, what the f*** are you doing posing as a receptionist?â€￾

“I’m not posing,â€￾ I chuckled. “I had aspirations to become a lawyer. But sometimes sh** just doesn’t work out the way you plan.â€￾

“What happened?â€￾

“Life happened.â€￾

He kicked his chair so that it turned to make me face him again. “Talk to me. Why aren’t you a lawyer?â€￾

“It’s a long story. I just – I dunno.â€￾

“You went to Syracuse, right?â€￾

“Yep.â€￾

“Dawn, they have one of the best law schools in New York.â€￾

“Justin, I can’t afford to go there. I can’t go to school and make money, and I really need a job.â€￾

“What about scholarships?â€￾

“What about no?â€￾

“What about, this is obviously what you were meant to do? Why don’t you want to do it?â€￾

“Justin, do me a favor and don’t push this, okay?â€￾

“How about if we make a deal?â€￾

“What is it?â€￾ I asked, rolling my eyes.

“I’m gonna make a few calls to see what I can do about getting you some scholarship money—“

“No, Justin, I really don’t have time for anything like that.â€￾

“You can go part-time. Plenty of people do it, and these are people with families and sh**. It’ll be a breeze for you.â€￾

Yeah, a breeze. “Justin, I’m begging you not to push me into this.â€￾

“No, we’re not arguing about this. What the f*** is the problem? You pay nothing, you get to law school. Mission accomplished.â€￾

“It’s not that simple.â€￾

“It is,â€￾ he smiled. “Now get up and get out. I have another appointment in about five minutes.â€￾

“I guess I have no choice.â€￾

“Goddamn right you don’t have a choice. Tomorrow, I’m gonna see who I can talk to at SUNY about getting you some money, and then you can come over tomorrow night and we’ll do some mock interviews and sh** – get you prepared.â€￾

“Prepared?â€￾

“Yes, Dawn, you have to meet people when you’re asking them for handouts,â€￾ he laughed.

Slowly, I rose from the chair and made my way to the door, wanting to argue with him, but knowing that there was really no use in trying. “Justin, why are you doing this?â€￾

“Because I can,â€￾ he said boastfully, not looking up from his computer.

“You just want some ass, don’t you?â€￾

“Well yeah, but that’s not why I’m doing this.â€￾

I suppose there are worse things in the world. “I’m going home.â€￾

“I’ll call you when I get in.â€￾

In a sing-song voice, I bid him good night and trudged downstairs to be on my way home.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Who would’ve thought of it?
That I might feel like this
Some kind of wonderful, there’s nothing quite comparable

Tomorrow somehow became today, and all of a sudden, I was trudging through the lobby of Justin’s apartment building once again, bearing food and a giddy grin that just won’t go away. I reached the third floor to find him waiting for me in front of his apartment door. I swear to God, the man looks better every damn time I see him. Yes, I just saw him at work, but he managed to get cuter in the past hour.

As I playfully pushed past him to walk into his place, I noticed the extra curl in his hair and his overbearing Polo scent, and I concluded that he’d just taken a shower. “You can wipe that grin off your face,â€￾ I told him, setting the pizza box on his kitchen counter and taking off my jacket. “This pizza is mine.â€￾

“Go on somewhere,â€￾ he laughed, pushing me into the wall where the oven was located. “You know you’re not allowed in here unless you bring me food.â€￾

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. You just pimp the sh** outta me, man.â€￾

“You and everyone else that works on 101 Wall Street.â€￾

“No sh**,â€￾ I replied, fiddling with the oven buttons. “Okay, help me out with this thing.â€￾

“Damn, girl, you can’t even turn on an oven? I feel sorry for whoever has to marry you.â€￾

“Just shut up and turn on the goddamn oven.â€￾

As he heated up our pepperoni Sicilian, I made my way to the living room where he’d situated a number of ‘How To’ books on the coffee table. Along with them, there were several applications for financial aid and other non-academic scholarships. I scanned the papers while he hustled and bustled through the kitchen.

“You should look through those scholarship requirements and see what you’re eligible for,â€￾ he yelled back to me. “They have some interesting sh** in there.â€￾

The thing about it is it’s all so innocent
I wasn’t looking for it
Came knockin’ at my door

I picked up one of the sheets whose title caught my eye. “They have scholarships for women over five-foot-seven?â€￾ I commented in amusement, walking back to the kitchen.

“Apparently they have ‘em for damn near anything. They give them out if you have a scar on your left hand – we just gotta find them.â€￾

“Well sh**, I could give myself a scar.â€￾

“Exactly,â€￾ he smiled, passing me a paper plate. “Oh, I didn’t know how many slices you wanted, so I just heated the whole thing.â€￾

“That’s such a You thing to do,â€￾ I chuckled, waiting for him to serve me.

“What’s that supposed to mean?â€￾

“I just find it funny that you’d rather do sh** yourself than to ask a simple question.â€￾

I’m tryin’ to do things right but I’m about to lose the fight

“Here’s a question – why are you sitting there holding that plate out like my name is Geoffrey?â€￾

Ha, he took it old school to the Fresh Prince. “Boy, you better gimme a slice of pizza.â€￾

“Last time I checked, your legs weren’t broken.â€￾

“What you doin’ checkin’ my legs?â€￾

“Well as long as those b****es are, they’re kind of hard to miss,â€￾ he winked, finally handing me that coveted piece of the pie. “You’re lucky I’m in a good mood today.â€￾

“Yeah, I’m surprised too. This has to be the first time you’ve been in a good mood since… ever.â€￾

‘Cause spending time with you
Well it feels so good, and that’s the truth

“You just make me wanna be a better man, I guess.â€￾

No, don’t say sh** like that! “What movie is that from?â€￾

“That is from a movie, isn’t it?â€￾

We took our plates and root beer bottles to the living room and sat down on the hardwood floor. “That’s what I just said.â€￾

“Well who cares. We have some work to do.â€￾

“You know, I think I’m okay with my interviewing skills.â€￾

“How can you be so sure?â€￾ he asked, devouring his first slice of pizza.

“Well talking to you everyday is like being on the damn witness stand.â€￾

“Yeah, I guess. As long as you know to speak in whole sentences and tone down the swearing, you should be all right.â€￾

“Shut up,â€￾ I smiled, kicking his sock-covered foot. “I’m not as dumb as I look.â€￾

“You don’t look dumb. You are dumb.â€￾

I was about two seconds from throwing my pizza crust at him when he smiled and made it all better. I swear – it never fails. “I bet you wouldn’t get away with half the sh** you say if you didn’t have that face.â€￾

“Well I have it, so get over it.â€￾

And everyday with you
I swear it brings me closer to my only reservation
It’s you, my sweet temptation, baby

“All right, so we’re skipping the interview bullsh**, so stop talking and find me some scholarships.â€￾

“I knew you really wanted this,â€￾ he said, shifting the scattered papers on the coffee table. “I don’t even know why you tried to argue with me.â€￾

“I still don’t know where I’m gonna find the time to do this, Justin. I have to work.â€￾

“You don’t have to work,â€￾ he quipped.

“Are you kidding me? How do you think I’m gonna live if I don’t work.â€￾

“Hey, maybe some handsome, generous Bostonian is willing to help you out.â€￾

My heart is calling
I’m falling for you

“Hey, maybe so. You know someone like that or somethin’?â€￾

“You know, you’re not even close to funny.â€￾

“Yeah, I’m just f***in’ hilarious,â€￾ I cackled, almost spitting out my root beer.

“I guess you are,â€￾ he admitted.

“So are you really willing to help me out if I go to law school?â€￾

“I’m sitting here, aren’t I?â€￾

Who could imagine it?
I’d find my happiness in someone I barely know
When I like to take it slow

“When the hell did you become so cool?â€￾ I smiled.

“When I entered the world.â€￾

“That must have been right before you woke up, huh?â€￾

“Shut the f*** up and start filling out those applications.â€￾

“Well there are like a hundred pages here. Which ones are we doing?â€￾

“You make everything so difficult,â€￾ he stated, sliding the papers out of my reach to his side of the table. He positioned the first application in front of him and began to write. “What’s your middle name?â€￾ he suddenly asked.

“How about if I fill it out myself?â€￾

“Stop being stupid. I’m not gonna laugh.â€￾

“No, I think it’s really best if I do this myself.â€￾

“I’m gonna find it out when you write it anyway. Just say it.â€￾

But you’re so different, boy you’re breakin’ all my rules

“It’s Lydia. Now can I have the goddamn paper?â€￾

“No, Lydia. I’m calling the shots here.â€￾

I rolled my eyes and stared at him as he intently filled out my scholarship applications. “You’re an a**hole, you know.â€￾

“I’m aware. What’s your social?â€￾

“Justin.â€￾

“Dawn.â€￾

“119. 38. 2093,â€￾ I answered sharply. “Please let me do this.â€￾

“What is the big deal? Get off your power trip and let me finish.â€￾

“You know, as much as I like you, I really hate you right now,â€￾ I laughed.

What is it in your smile that makes me feel the way that I do?

He grinned absently and continued down the sheet of paper. “You’ve never been married before have you?â€￾

“What? Why would you say that?â€￾

“Because I don’t wanna put the wrong thing under Marital Status.â€￾

“Oh. Um, yeah whatever,â€￾ I answered, quickly rising from the floor. I wandered into the kitchen to clear my plate before escaping to the outside terrace that overlooked the city of New York. The chill of the night was beginning to make itself abundantly clear and I regretted not bringing a jacket with me, but I’d suddenly felt the need to get away from the wrath of all those damned questions. I sighed and took in the scenery of the city.

“You know,â€￾ I suddenly heard behind me, “if you’re gonna run away, you should at least be smart enough to bring proper attire.â€￾ He closed his balcony door and draped one of his shirts over my shoulders.

“Thanks.â€￾ I let my arms accept the shirt’s sleeves and eventually began to rub my arms in hopes of warming myself up. “It’s colder than I expected.â€￾

“Well we don’t exactly live in California,â€￾ he chuckled. Totally unexpected, he enveloped my waist in his embrace and nuzzled his face into the crevice between my neck and shoulder.

I smiled to myself at his soft, endearing touch, just before a tear left my eye to slide down my cheek. We’ve never had a moment like this. There used to be a time when he wouldn’t even let my hand grace his shoulder. “I guess you’re right,â€￾ I finally replied.

I’m tryin’ to live my life, and I’m tryin’ to live it right
If I desire you, well it ain’t because I’m tryin’ to

“Dawn, what’s wrong with you?â€￾ he asked, pulling away from me.

“Nothing,â€￾ I lied. “I just – I wish some moments could last forever.â€￾

“You know what I do?â€￾

“What?â€￾

He turned to his right, repositioning me along with him and he stared into the sky towards the Empire State Building. “This sounds corny as f***, and I don’t tell anyone sh** like this, so brace yourself…â€￾

“I’m braced.â€￾

“Well, sometimes, I come out here and look to the Empire State Building and start making wishes. I don’t know why. I guess it just seems like something big enough to make my dreams come true.â€￾

My God. Of all the things he could’ve said, I never would’ve expected that to come out. “That’s beautiful.â€￾

“Well, whatever is bothering you right now – and I hope you don’t think I’m stupid enough to believe that it’s nothing – I just want you to believe that you can wish it away.â€￾

“Justin—“

“Don’t argue, Dawn. Just do it.â€￾

I’ve given it consideration
And it all adds up to you
I won’t deny this heart is calling for you, baby
I’ve given it a lot of thought
And it all adds up on you, my sweet temptation
God knows I’m falling for you

After another tear made its presence known, I closed my eyes and envisioned the red, white and blue of New York’s most famous building. I stood there, freezing my ass off, determined not to cry, and tried to wish away my problems. I imagined Justin’s curious, innocent face behind me, wondering what the hell was wrong with me. I pondered the catastrophe that I was pulling myself into and perpetuating as the seconds passed. God. I’ve never wanted anything in my life more than I want this. I just – I wish I weren’t married.

Lyrics: "My Heart Is Calling" - Whitney Houston (Preacher's Wife Soundtrack)</span></span></span>

:unsure: Yes, you read correctly. :ph34r: No, this isn't a result of my bad day. It was originally planned. Soooo.... Whaddya think? :lol:

And then after y'all read this, go read June and Jo on the JT board and make Bubs update. :nod:</span>

laura
Supreme Member

Postby laura » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:43 am

sweet jc, shes MARRIED!!!! nooooo! ok this is gonna be soo interesting(as always dudette!)

plus julian troy...has someone been watching niptuck....he is sooo fine!!!

loves it!!

more!

now!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :wub: :wub: :lickout: :D

mtvjunkie
Abstracts Royalty

Postby mtvjunkie » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:50 am

first things first: :hug: :kiss2:

second: :jawdrop: married? :unsure: just when they were getting it on, the talk between the two of them is so endearing and cute and kinda sexy. married :o :no: this cant be good, and now im kinda dreading the next chapter :unsure:

third: usher :rofl: :rofl: anyone named after a seat finder aint anything special :rofl: does this mean that if justin wasnt famous then usher wouldnt be? or is the reason justin isnt famous because usher isnt? :confused: i think i hurt my head :blink:

update anyway :nod:

and :hug:

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:11 am

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: MARRIED? Oh my stars, sweet jesus! I never expected her to drop that bomb, and that's a big ol' bomb. :blink:

I think mean Justin is starting to crumble away. I would never have expected him to offer to help her with scholarships and to help her with her financial situation. :wub: He has a great heart ... it just needs to come out more frequently. :nod:

Great chapter, m'dear. Keep up the great work and I want another UPDATE now! :please: :hug:

sexyirishgurl
Supreme Member

Postby sexyirishgurl » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:08 am

“Usher? What kind of f***ed up name is that,â€￾ Justin commented, waiting for me to walk into his office before him
rofl

omg shes married :jawdrop: cant wait for next chapter

update now!!!! lol :D

lovin this story

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:36 pm

<span style='color:purple'>WOW...great twist, I also wasn't expecting that. :blink:
I can't wait for more!
</span>

JT Fan Girl
Supreme Member

Postby JT Fan Girl » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:51 pm

“It’s Lydia. Now can I have the goddamn paper?â€￾

:whistle: "I tell everyone I smile just because I've got a city love, I found it in Lydia and I can't remember life before her name" :lol:

Love this story... keep it up. :P

tendertoes
Supreme Member

Postby tendertoes » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:53 pm

"I tell everyone I smile just because I've got a city love, I found it in Lydia and I can't remember life before her name"

<span style='color:purple'>I love it Claire!!!! B) YAY!!!</span>

JTnTN
Supreme Member

Postby JTnTN » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:21 pm

:jawdrop: :shocked: You've gotta be effin' kiddin' me. Seriously. WHAT? NO. She cannot be married. I simply won't allow it. <_< Ugh, I knew that wasn't her 'brother' that dropped her off. Is it sad that I still love her? Because, really she hasn't done anything wrong... besides fall in love. I guess. :( Poor Justin. :no:

:rofl: Loved Justin turning Usher down for an internship. Blow the fire on this story, cus it's hot! :lol:

I really need an update, like NOW cus you can't twist sh** up like this and leave it there.

Return to “Fan Fiction”