The Beauty Of Vaudeville

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:01 pm

So this is my story. FanFiction? Maybe. It is story nonetheless. Maybe no one will read it because it does not have the word of hot male celebrity plastered in beginning of it, but I promise its in there somewhere lol. I don't know what this was initially about. Maybe you will think it is very stupid, but frankly I don't really give a damn.. :lol: If it something you are willing to read, then I will continue giving you the story. Its not finished, but hopefully I will get in done. So here it is for you...

<span style='color:purple'><span style='font-family:georgia'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>The Beauty of Vaudeville</span>
The rain was pouring faster and faster, as the melancholy of the night formed. The window left a broken image of memories, as if the reflection in the glass told a story back to me. The world was running past itself and as the people ran holding their umbrellas and books over their heads, it made me wonder when life would simply take a breath. Maybe I was the one who was so compelled to breathe because in this chaotic world that I was wonderfully situated in, it was only driving me more over the edge. I used to be this happy girl, in this happy world, and just content at being me. Rainy days are just a time for nostalgia for the days of what used to be.
Another door opened and I saw a figure of an old man with a beard walk in. He held his cane with a tight grasp and walked slowly to the counter.
“I want a coffee.â€￾ He mumbled, and put down a few coins. He only had twenty-five cents on him, but I gave him the coffee anyway. It was too cold and too rainy a day to deny a man his coffee. After all it was my own remedy to life.

Our most customers come on days when the sky is gray and the water droplets fall from the clouds. They find Soul’s Café as a safe haven from the dankness and the cold. McDonald’s and Bailey’s Sandwich Shop is down the street, but no one goes there for the rainy days are reserved only for Soul’s Café. The good thing is in the town of Vaudeville it always rains, and it’s great for business. I saw the familiar faces walk in one by one through the door with the laughter and smiles on their faces. The people here always have some story to tell or something to say. It is like a collective group of people who join together occasionally to speak about their heartbreaks, loves, and losses. I never actually join in on the conversations but it is always fun to hear the customers chatter away.

Mrs.Chimein is always the first to initiate the process of conversation, and does not let herself be held back.
“Hello my darling dear Kara, how have you been?â€￾
I smile at her as a sign of my listening ear, and pour her a cup of coffee. Before I can even answer, Mrs.Chimein begins at her usual revelations of her love life.
“Douglas is the first man who has ever treated me this well. I think this is the first time in a long while that I am happy.â€￾ She goes on about Douglas, who is a mechanic at the local gas station, and all the wonderful things he does for her and eventually ends up talking about all the things he doesn’t do for her. At the end of week, it is the “we aren’t together anymoreâ€￾, and next week it starts all over, only another man.

“Today we must make a special toast,â€￾ announced Mr. Herald. “I want everyone to know that I will be a new man after two weeks. I will be marrying the love of my life, Cecilia.â€￾ Mr. Herald is that odd character in Vaudeville who always has something to say, and toasts to make. He has been making the same toast for a month now, and letting the world be known of his engagement. No one in Vaudeville has been invited to his wedding, so no one in the room pays the man much attention. I listen to him and smile,; he always wears the same somnolent expression.
“Will you stop the marriage announcements, we know and we’re not even invited. So just shut it!â€￾ quipped Richard Burkes. He was one of those unlikely few in this town who always displayed a character of resentment. Everyone thought he was a man who was far too lonely to be living in Vaudeville.

Elizabeth Schaffer walks in seconds after and I remain expressionless as usual. She is the pretty girl in town who is always seen as an object of all the young men’s affections. I never understood her, and it was never a matter of jealously. Although most of the people who have heard me mention her name think that that is what is exactly on my mind. The people in Vaudeville are quite peculiar because outside in the rest of the world Elizabeth would be categorized by what they call as “b****.â€￾ She is the epitome of the word, with the eyes rolling and smirks glistening through her pearly white teeth. When no one is looking at her she makes it her duty to make eye contact with me. I refuse to look at her, because I know it will eventually end up with “I know you were looking at me cause you are jealous. I am so much prettier than you.â€￾ Yes, to some that may seem unrealistic but that is exactly word for word what she said. I simply do what is easiest and that is ignore her. Elizabeth does not seem to be a fan of the silent treatment, for her it’s the worst of its kind. Poor her.

Being the kind waitress that I am, I approach her table and present her my smile. If it ever gets too hard to smile, Vaseline always does the trick.
I wait patiently as she stares at the menu, pointing at each thing and then saying “no.â€￾ She tells her friend to answer because obviously she needs more time. I take both their orders and kindly snatch the menu from Elizabeth’s hands. I guess the whole sweet act isn’t all that easy as it seems.

By now, Elizabeth has taken all the energy out of me. Four orders later, and she isn’t still satisfied, but I carry on. If it wasn’t for Bradley I think I would have broken down in front all the customers. Bradley is the only guy in Vaudeville who isn’t in love with Elizabeth and who else would be more perfect for me. We both share the same dislike of her and he is a pretty decent guy. “You always want what you can’t have,â€￾ oh and Elizabeth wants Bradley if that doesn’t say much. I think that’s where most of her hatred for me stems from. Bradley doesn’t want her, and because he has shown an interest to be my friend, she despises it.

But the line of friendship has always been a solidarity thing for me. I never would want to wreck something so valuable as that. I once did, and I never forgave myself for it. Many of the people who live here don’t know much about me. I am the mystery girl who suddenly appeared in the town, and simply joined with no questions asked. I think people sometimes just come here to figure me out, to gain some kind of information in hopes to cure their curiosity. But I have kept my story to myself for so long that I sometimes have forgotten why I ever came here… but I have never truly forgotten. Like I said, the reflection of the glass reminds me just like the rain does. Wherever I seem to go, the memory of him just follows. Every time I try to escape it, the memory revisits stronger than ever.

“Hi beautiful,â€￾ Bradley stared down at me. He was too tall, and my poor neck ached from looking up so high. I smiled and pointed to his usual table in the back.
“Or you know you can sit right beside the really beautiful Ms. Schaffer.â€￾ I winked. He gave his say-what look, and shook his head. “Sorry, I just had to.â€￾

I handed him the menu, and he began to peer through it as if it was his first time here. “Any day now Bradley, after all you are the only customer.â€￾ I said sarcastically.
“Hm, I believe I want a double cheese McChicken with fries.â€￾
“Alright, now go outside and walk three blocks and your meal will be waiting there.â€￾
“But I want it here.â€￾
“Sorry, that is the only way you can get it.â€￾
“Will you get it for me?â€￾
I gave him a look, “I’m not walking down to McD’s to get you a burger.â€￾
“I love you,â€￾ he said with his cheesy sad face.
“No.â€￾ I shot back a look.
“Alright fine, then give me a BLT and I’ll be happy.â€￾
I smiled and gave him a kiss on the cheek. In the corner of my eye, I saw Elizabeth twitch and I secretly giggled my way back to the kitchen.</span></span>

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:54 am

I enjoy any kind of story, and this is a great story, with or without a hot male celebrity. :lol: I'm really intrigued about this other guy that she is always reminded of -- he must have made a major impact on her life in one way or another. Please continue the story. I really want to find out more about Kara, Bradley, and even biitchy Elizabeth. I love the small-town gossip aspect that you have going on in the story. :nod: :clap:

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:51 pm

Yay for Paige for being my one & only reader! :lol: Thank u for taking the time to read this, and be honest with the story. The only way for me to become better at this is to take the criticism and learn from it. And so we continue on...

<span style='color:purple'><span style='font-family:georgia'>The rain began to pour even harder, and my stomach began to feel sick. Most of the people had emptied the café with a few still eating their meals. Bradley watched as I cleaned each table and took away plates. Tonight the air felt eerie and ill-fated with my intuitions driving me wild. I never know whether to trust it or not, but sadly it has never yet been wrong.

“Why are you waiting for me?â€￾ I asked him, dreading what could possibly happen next.
“I want to take you home.â€￾
“But I’ll be here for another hour or so,â€￾ I lied.
“I highly doubt it will take you an hour to close this place up.â€￾
I nodded, “Oh yes it will. I still have to wash the dishes, and…â€￾
“Then I will help you.â€￾ He took out a washcloth and began drying the plates.
“No, don’t,â€￾ I took the plate from his hand. “This is my job, I don’t want you helping me.â€￾
“But if I help you’ll get out much faster. I know you’re tired, why don’t you just let me help you.â€￾
“That’s really sweet and all, but I want to finish this on my own and don’t worry about me getting home. I don’t want you to wait.â€￾
He sighed, but still pulled out a chair and sat on it. I grew more nervous with him staring at me like he was trying to read my body language. What body language anyway, the one that washed tables and cleaned the guck out of plates. I tried to ignore his glances at me, and tried to pretend he wasn’t there, which was no help at all.
Before I knew it, he was already moving towards me and I could feel his presence behind me. He was ready to say something, something I was not ready for. How I remembered the moment so vividly, as I retraced it back two years ago.

“Oh come on, stop being so silly. What’s on your mind?â€￾
“You really want to know?â€￾
“Why else would I be asking?â€￾
“I don’t want things to change between us though. I mean I love how we’re such good friends that I can rely on you for anything, you’re my support system Mar, and I love you for that. I love you so much it sometimes hurts, and I didn’t think love would hurt. I guess all I am trying to say is, I hope that somewhere there’s a place for me in your heart like the way you’ve stolen my heart.â€￾
I stood speechless, with the tears flooding through my eyes. “I...I don’t know what to say.â€￾
“You don’t have to say anything at all.â€￾ And with that his lips crashed into me like the ocean waves of summer.

“Boo!â€￾ I broke out of my daze and suddenly jumped out of my body.
“God, you scared the sh** out of me!â€￾ I punched Bradley in the arm.
“Sorry babe, it was getting a little too quiet in here.â€￾ The rain was enough noise for one day.
“It’s okay.â€￾ I went back to cleaning the table, and I could sense the frown on Bradley’s face.
“You better not have a sad face on.â€￾
There it was, nicely plastered for all to see. “You really don’t know how to quit do you.â€￾
“Can we please just leave?â€￾
“Bradley I said you could go, I have work to finish.â€￾
“That’s your last table Kara, what else do you have to do? I will do it, just let me do it. I want to do it.â€￾
I put my hands on my hips, and sighed “Alright, take me home.â€￾

The car ride home was silent, except for the rain and the funny noises Bradley’s car made. I could feel the tension in the air. He was thinking, and thinking hard. What was on his mind? I hated having to read a guy’s mind, because I never could presume anything. Tonight, I felt it though more than ever. The car stopped in front the building where my apartment was situated. Be strong Kara, tell him nothing but the truth. I tried to fight off my guilty conscience, and tried to listen to my heart. The heart that suddenly sank inside when all he said was goodbye. Goodbye? No, I was sure he was going to confess his love for me. He has to, I felt it and my intuition is never wrong. I didn’t no whether to praise the lord or break out in tears. I wanted to feel loved, but not break someone’s heart, but I much rather be loved. I gave him a hug reluctantly, and trotted my way up the elevator. I could think this is like those cheesy romantic movies where he’ll suddenly stop the elevator from closing and there he was, “I love you.â€￾ But no the elevator closed abruptly, and I watched the clock on my hand move in slow motion. The tick-tocks of the second hand felt like eternity, and finally a minute later I arrived at my apartment door. I should sigh with relief, an unexpected relief but I was not sighing. I opened the door to the apartment, and without taking my wet coat or purse off I fell to the floor and cried. It was a cry of confusion and too many emotions.

The door was left open, and I heard the sound of footsteps. The footsteps began louder and louder until it stopped near my door. He was there piercing through me and again my intuition kicked in. He saw my tears and how I fell helplessly to the floor. Bradley closed in on me, and kissed my forehead. Before I knew it, I was caught in the trance and I had committed the unforeseen. We kissed until I could barely breathe. Bradley’s sight of happiness put a damp on everything. What was I doing? I was entangled again in what I had tried to run away from.
“Please go.â€￾ I whispered.
“What?â€￾ Bradley said startled.
“Just go!â€￾ I shouted, and he leaped out the door before I could say anything else.

</span></span>

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:42 am

:huh: Oooooh, I like the suspense in your story. :nod: You always leave me wanting more, more, more at the end. The flashback was definitely helpful ... I'm starting to understand her emotional background. Looks like Kara is afraid to love again and fall too deeply. Let's see if Bradley can break through that wall or if his persistance only pushes her farther away. :thinking:

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:10 am

<span style='color:purple'><span style='font-family:georgia'>I woke up the next morning, numb as ever. My body was as immovable as a rock. I crept out of bed and went into the bathroom. I turned on the radio because music supposedly soothes the soul. I turned on the shower, and unexpectedly the song I wished to never hear was playing.

You were my sun
You were my earth
But you didn't know-

I pressed the off button and the song quickly disappeared: out of mind and out of sight. But it still had the ability to not leave my brain. As I jumped in the shower I began to unknowingly hum the tune, and felt ashamed when I caught myself singing.
I slipped into my bathrobe and turned on the television. I could not remember the last time I had ever watched TV. It had been so long trying to run away from the world.

“Coming up next on Access Hollywood. Justin Timberlake in a love triangle?â€￾ I felt my fingers go numb as I held the remote control. I angrily shut off the TV and vowed to never watch it again.

I furiously began to hang a sign to sell my television. It is just useless crap piling up anyway.

“What are you doing?â€￾ Steve, my landlord, said as he walked out of his office.
“I am putting up a sign to sell my TV.â€￾
“You do know that nobody in Vaudeville watches TV, right?â€￾
“Well, so what? Someone needs to keep track of the news. It is a good source of information.â€￾
“We all just read the papers.â€￾ This place is sometimes too strange even for me. No one watches television? Granted, I don’t watch it anymore but I had my reasons.
“Jesus, well have you ever watched TV?â€￾
“Nope.â€￾ He said nonchalantly.
“You are so missing out Steve. I think you will love reality shows. They depict so much realism and excitement. Want to buy my TV?â€￾
He cocked his eyebrow, and gave me a long stare. “Ah, hell why not? I guess I could give it try. Plus the wife is always out of town, I don’t have much to do.â€￾
I jumped in joy, and sold him my television. At least now I could sleep in peace without wondering about love triangle’s and such. Celebrities are such a bore.

I went back into my room to finish getting dressed. Today was my day-off, and I was going to spend it the best I could. First, I would apologize to Bradley, we would make up and then hopefully go out to the local pool bar.

As the elevator opened, I saw Steve glued in front of the brightly-colored screen. He was laughing and pointing at the TV. I think he really liked the television. Before I knew it, he was thanking me for opening his eyes to a new world. Television was wonderful, and he began declaring that everyone in Vaudeville should own one. As if his long speech wasn’t enough, Steve began to tell me all the gossip in Hollywood.
“No, one more! I will stop talking about Jennifer Lopez. This one is about Cameron Diaz.â€￾
I sighed, “What about her?â€￾
“Ok well someone says that she is marrying Justin next week. Can you believe that? But other people say he is still in love with Britney, but she is married too.â€￾
“Wow…â€￾ I tried to sound interested but it was rather hard. “Justin who?â€￾
“Um, I don’t know. They said Justin.â€￾
“…Timberlake?â€￾
“Yes, that’s him!â€￾ I stared at him blankly and made a quick exit before Steve could dish me anymore on Celebrity gossip. I think I just created the devil. </span></span>

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:12 am

<span style='color:blue'>:wave: Hi!

I like this story. :nod: I'm very interested in her and Justin's story, as well as where here and Bradley will go...

And yes, there's Elizabeth. :chatter:

Keep writing! I'll keep reading. :) </span>

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:15 am

:rofl: @ Steve and the television. She sure did create a monster! :lol: Once you get into the world of tv, you never go back. :P She needs to figure out her feelings for Bradley so that he's not being led on and she's not uncomfortable around him.

MORE! :please:

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:13 pm

<span style='color:purple'><span style='font-family:georgia'>It never rains on a Saturday in Vaudeville. The sun gleams its rays across the town, and the light is good enough to get a tan. Of all the places she could have run away to, she picked this place. She could have gone to Austin, Miami or even New York but she needed somewhere where she could live in isolation. A place where her darkest, deepest secrets would never be revealed. Over the past few months, Kara grew a strong attachment to Vaudeville. It became her home.
She found herself in front of Bradley’s door in hopes that their falling out the previous night could be mended. She waited, until finally the door opened. Bradley stood tall before her with a solemn face.
“I’m sorry about the other night, Kara. I shouldn’t have kissed you.â€￾
She wanted to be the first to apologize, but instead of saying sorry herself, she told him it was okay.
“Friends?â€￾ He agreed wholeheartedly.
She was taken aback; no one was so willing to agree to be friends with her just like that. She did not ask questions, but she lingered for some answers. It seemed the town of Vaudeville was a greater mystery than she was herself.

The Soul’s Café was bustling with people, and Kara hurried to get the orders of all the customers. Sunday nights were the busiest time of the week.
“Kara!â€￾ shouted Elizabeth Schaffer. “I want my meal.â€￾
Today felt like a longer day than usual. No one chattered about their lives and Mrs. Chimein had yet to show up. Kara’s landlord Steve suddenly showed up and the crowd inside the café began to cheer.
“Thank you Steve.â€￾ Random men began to clap, and a few said “You the man!â€￾

“What is going on?â€￾ Kara asked Cindy, the other waitress.
“Nothing, it is just great old Steve coming in. He was the genius who told everyone to buy a TV. Now everybody watches TV here.â€￾
Kara cocked her eyebrow, and tried to forget what she had just heard.

Mrs.Chimein walked in, but she looked odd today. She strutted around in high boots, and a skirt. She brought in a little puppy dog with her that she kept in a purse.
“Mrs.Chimein?â€￾ Kara said in shock.
“You like my new look? I saw this beautiful girl on TV and I thought I must look just like her so I went shopping.â€￾
“Who was the girl? Paris Hilton?â€￾ I chuckled.
“Yes! Yes, it was.â€￾
I shook my head, and continued pouring her coffee. The Soul’s Café was no longer a place to chat about life, but a new place to chat about other people’s lives.â€￾
“No, no. They said Paris Hilton went to the club in New York, and then she met with Lindsay Lohan.â€￾
“Oh I love that woman on the Real World, what is her name. She has a big fro.â€￾
“Did you hear Jennifer is pregnant? Ben must be so sad.â€￾

Kara was near frustration of hearing all the celebrity gossip in the room.
“No, Justin Timberlake did not marry Cameron Diaz. He is still too young. Grandma Bomar doesn’t like Cameron anyway so he wouldn’t marry her.â€￾

In complete frustration, Kara jumped onto the counter of the café and screamed as loud as she could.
“What is wrong with you people! Why are you so involved in other people’s lives! Don’t you have something better to do. I used to love this place when people would talk about their own life, their history, it was real and it was honest. Stop talking about celebrities, they are just people like you and I!â€￾

The room suddenly became silent, and the people stared at Kara. The mysterious girl had finally revealed herself, well at least a part of herself. Kara suddenly turned the shade of crimson, and quietly removed herself from the counter.
“Wow, that was something.â€￾ Said Cindy.
“Sorry, I’ve just had a rough day.â€￾ She said, hoping everybody heard her.

An unknown man suddenly got up and made a burst of his own.
“Well that’s funny, you liked hearing us talk about our stories but you never gave us one of yours. Why should you listen to our lives, when you couldn’t unveil yours? Plus, it’s much easier listening and talking about other's lives then your own. I think you would agree with me Miss Kara, now wouldn’t you?â€￾

She stared at the man with sadness, not because of what he said, but because it was the truth. “I have my own personal reasons...â€￾

The whole entire room chanted “Yeah, yeahâ€￾ in unison.
“I do! I came to Vaudeville to leave my past behind me, if I open the door to that life again, it may never shut.â€￾
“You don’t think we know you are running away Miss Kara. The mysterious girl who comes to town without a reason, and begins to work at a café. Vaudeville ain’t that big of a town, and we know when someone new comes here. But we expect that if we give a little, you give a little. We ain’t going to shun you away. We love everybody, and we are all caring people.â€￾

“Yeah,â€￾ the room chanted.

I sighed, then Bradley suddenly emerged from the door. This place began to feel like a zoo, and I was the animal locked in the cage.
I threw down my towel, and gave in. “You want to know my life, the one that I ran away from. I will let you know, just so those of you who so desperately want to know can rest in peace. Just so I can be left alone, and that mysterious girl in town can finally disappear. I was a girl who had everything. I met a man, who became my best friend, the next thing you know, our friendship grew into love. I gave up my world of security to be with him. I risked everything, even the respect of my own parents. Somewhere along the line we grew apart, and he met another girl. A girl who could love him better than I ever could, and I swore that I would leave forever so that he could be happy. Because that is what love is about, being able to let go and all I want is for him to be happy. I could not cope in his world where he lived, and I could not cope in the world I lived. I only knew one thing to do and that was to leave.â€￾

A tear slowly slipped from my cheek, and left me cold. I stood there before the room, naked and barren. I felt I had given someone my soul, and I so badly wanted it back. The expressions on everyone’s face were of silence, and my intuition was empty. I began to hear the sorrys, but nothing could cure the hollowness inside of me. Someone had taken the life out of me, and it was nobody else’s fault other than mine. Running away wasn’t a cure, it was just a painstaking reminder of the life I was missing.
</span></span>

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:41 pm

Wow, that was a lot for Kara to reveal. It seems so hurtful for her to replay and relive those memories ... must've been an absolutely breathtaking relationship she had with her ex-boyfriend. If she can't have him, I hope that she eventually finds a man to treat her as well, and that she finds closure and fulfillment in her life. That's what she deserves. Kara seems like a kind, goodhearted person.

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:54 pm

<span style='color:purple'><span style='font-family:georgia'>Rain, rain go away…come again another day. I can hear myself chant it over and over again. The rain sucks, and it doesn’t help when I have to walk a mile in the rain. Class is in 2 minutes and I still haven’t left this place. Where the hell are my books…Intro to Biology, oh how I am ecstatic. Here it is, and yes I did forget to do the homework, didn’t I? Maybe I can take a taxi, then it wouldn’t be so bad Although some money would help…and yes, I am broke.
It keeps pouring, the sh** just doesn’t stop. My hair is wet, great and the cute boy in the second row will never dare to look at me again. sh**, and I am officially late. Well, at the speed I am going I might as well just skip class all together. Coffee sounds good…

Oh, too many people in here. I don’t have the patience to wait, and wait, oh and wait some more.
“How many?â€￾, this girl works at a coffee shop? She doesn’t look a day over 12, I can’t get a job because of a 12 year old? My day is fabulous, let me tell you. “Just one.â€￾ Yes, one person, single person, lonely person whatever you may want to define my “onenessâ€￾ as. Maybe I should have just gone to class…ah, no and face the crazy professor, coffee is a much better choice.

I’ll sit here, pretend I am waiting for my boyfriend…my gorgeous boyfriend who doesn’t believe in punctuality. Yes, let me pretend. Oh no, people glaring. I’ll read the newspaper, about sports? No. Obituaries? Next page. Weather? Never accurate. Music? Ah, more like it. “What would you like?â€￾ Wow that was quick, uh…what do I want, a coffee. “Coffee, lots of sugar and cream.â€￾ Smile, and go back to pretending to read.

The clock is not moving, I believe time has stopped. Where is my coffee? More people are crowding the shop, hello claustrophobic here. Finally, coffee has arrived and salvation at last. The waitress walks slower than my grandmother, hurry it up. I need to caffeinated. Five, four, three, two, one…and bang. The waitress has collided disastrously with a man who is now wearing my coffee. I now lack in caffeine, I think I might just yell at somebody. Sorry, so sorry, okay give it up. The word “sorryâ€￾ is useless, the poor 12 year old doesn’t get it. “It’s okay, just get me another.â€￾ I stare at the other man wearing my coffee, and shake my head. “You could have just ordered a coffee you know, instead of trying to take mine.â€￾ I joked, apparently he didn’t get it cause he wasn’t laughing. Okay, and the awkwardness ensues. But then he smiled, what a goofy smile…hey, wait he’s kind of gorgeous. Oh wow, I think I might actually like him. No, don’t please say anything, pretty men make mind go blank…â€￾Sorry about the coffeeâ€￾, silence…oh no, say something! Want to blurt out “You are cute!â€￾ but no, he’ll run away faster than speedy Gonzalez. “It’s alright…â€￾ that’s it? Say something else, how are you…maybe what is his name? No, asking names is too trifling. We need to get into the deeper things like Are you available Friday nights? No, that’s jumping the gun. Just say your name…name, what the hell is my name. “Hi, I’m Marisa.â€￾ Ah, that wasn’t so bad now was it. “Justin.â€￾ Justin is cute, no he is more than cute. The more I stare into his blue eyes, I feel a closeness to Ryan Philippe. Maybe they are brothers, he can introduce me and I can become Mrs. Ryan Philippe. Great, now I am thinking about marriage. Men think about sex all day, and I think about marriage. It’s been two minutes of silence, please say something. “I think I am going to take my coffee to go, it was nice meeting you and again sorry about the coffeeâ€￾, oh no he is leaving. The man of my life is leaving, and all I can do is smile. Stop his feet, grab him, do something! “Oh don’t go. Sit down with me.â€￾ He pauses, oh no he thinks I am crazy, lunatic. He nods, is that a yes or is he just twitching?

He sits down in front me, in the seat. I am nervous, real nervous. He looks at me and puts sugar in his coffee. How cute, he takes his time. One by one, I usually just dump it all in.
“Do you live around here?â€￾ I nod. “What about you?â€￾ He says he’s from Los Angeles. Well that says a lot…the day he goes out with me is… never. I smile at him, and he laughs back. Since when did I become a comedian? Maybe, I have something on my face. Please, I hope not. “So how old are you?â€￾ Old? Age? What is that, oh yeah that thing with a number. “I’m nineteen.â€￾ “You?â€￾ “How old do you think I look?â€￾ he said it with a smirk. Oh no, not the how-old-do-you-think-I-look game. What if he is really old, that’ll be bad. Or really young like sixteen-no, that’s too illegal. “21?â€￾ “I’m twenty. Almost there,â€￾ he chuckles in a cute way. Don’t chuckle back, that’ll make it obvious. I couldn’t hold it in, I chuckle to myself, and he sits there smiling. “I don’t usually sit down and drink coffee. This is abnormal.â€￾ What? Never? Who is this guy? “You’ve never sat down and drank coffee?â€￾ “No, I always take it to go. I’m afraid people will hound me.â€￾ Am I being turned off? Which people is he scared of? I hope he doesn’t say he sees dead people. “Oh, there’s nothing to be afraid of, not everyone in the world is badâ€￾ I tell him sincerely. “All the girls start crowding me, that’s why I wear the disguise. But it never works.â€￾ A disguise from girls? Could he possibly…no, he can’t be…maybe he is gay. He isn’t wearing disguise right now though, that’s all I can say. Nod, don’t ask, don’t ask, “Are you gay?â€￾ blurts out so beautifully. “What?â€￾ he laughs, “No, no I am definitely not gay. I like girls, very much in fact. Why else do you think I am sitting here with a beautiful girl like you right now.â€￾ Oh he isn’t gay, oh wait did he just…he called me beautiful. “But why are you afraid of girls?â€￾ He laughs again, “I am not afraid of them. Where did you get an idea? Okay, maybe some of them are crazy but no I love my fans.â€￾ Fans, what? So horribly confused. He can sense that I am at a loss, look at him he’s laughing even more. “Let me introduce myself again, hi I’m Justin Timberlake. I used to be in a boyband but now I am a solo artist..â€￾ The dots are still connecting, I shrug at him like “So what?â€￾ and then finally it hit me. “Ohh you’re famous! I get it now. Ok, sorry I am not very music oriented.â€￾ Don’t say that, he likes music, he’s now going to leave cause you don’t like music. “No, I listen to music but I don’t know everything in music.â€￾ I pick the paper, “See I was just about to the read the music section.â€￾ The headline reads “Justin Timberlake, All On His Ownâ€￾. Yes, and embarrassment sinks in. “I’m sorry,â€￾ yes, I am sorry cause I don’t know who you are. “No, it’s cool that you don’t know me. It’s nice to not have everybody know who you are at first glance.â€￾ I smile because that’s all there’s left to do or say- he lives in LA and is famous…now there’s a fantasy. “It was nice meeting you,â€￾ leave before you feel any more hopeless. “Already? That was only 5 minutes, and you didn’t get your coffee.â€￾ I shrug, “I have to get to class,â€￾ pathetic much? “Oh yea, you must go to college.â€￾ Yes, that’s what the Un-Famous people do. “Bye,â€￾ I get up hesitantly, and he puts his hand up to wave. But he looked sad, I left him all by himself, and now he’s the one who’s alone. Walk slower and he might think you don’t want to get out of here. “Wait,â€￾ oh he wants me to wait. “Can I have your number?â€￾ , no this isn’t happening. Number? Number? I don’t have a number…oh no but wait, “586-723-2332â€￾ Yes, just blurt it out and act more desperate. “Hold up, say it againâ€￾ what a nice cell phone, uh yes, the number “586-723-2332â€￾. “Bye,â€￾ I proceed to giggle like a maniac. This isn’t happening, what am I saying, He may never call. Well, at least I am one step closer to the fantasy. Right now it’s pouring outside, and the rain never seemed so beautiful. </span></span>

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:36 am

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Yay. A crappy rainy day turned into something interesting and damn good. :yay: Now I wonder if Justin will really call her. :thinking: He better ... at least he knows that she doesn't want him for his fame. :lol:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:40 am

<span style='color:blue'>Dammit! I'm behind! :lol:

:unsure: Would it be too much to ask to not update until I read? :lol: Promise it won't take long! :lol:

:P Just kidding, you don't have to. :unsure: </span>

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:53 pm

<span style='color:purple'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Ah sorry, I haven't had the chance to write more. I am buried in college applications because I am such a good procrastinator, so I'll try to update this as soon as possible.

BTW, the italics are of flashbacks, just so you know...

and tell me what you really think. I was trying to go all Billy Faulkner-streamofconscious-crazy, but I am not very good lol. If its really confusing I won't write like that anymore, but I just wanted to try it out.

and more ppl get your asses here to read my story, I promise its not that psychotic! </span></span>

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:59 pm

Ahh, I'm on my way upstairs now because it is freeeezing down here :sick: but I started reading this the other day, and I vow to finish it tomorrow. It's the first day that I have absolutely nothing to do, so I plan to do lot's of catching up. And I love your writing, so I think this will be the first one I get to. :nod: :wave:

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:54 am

Ahh, I'll remember that about the flashbacks. Definitely something for me to pay more attention to.

Stream-of-consciousness writing is good. I found that very interesting when I studied it in school. Just let your mind go and let it all come out.

You're doing a great job. Very intelligent writing. :nod:

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:12 pm

:wave: Hi. I'm baaack. And yeah, I kinda like... LOVE IT! :lol: Like I said, I love your writing. It's so witty and descriptive. And those last couple of updates were freakin' hilarious. Well, aside from Kara breaking down in front of the town. :heartbreaker: I love the portrayal of how Vaudeville was tainted by the evil television. It's just a beautiful depiction of how it's f***ed up the rest of the world, eh? :no: It's definitely a nice twist, to say the least. :nod:

But, you've definitely got something interesting going with that stream of consciousness writing. ^_^ I love that. It's very honest. Definitely do more of that. :thumbup:

I can't wait until more of the pieces start coming together and the connection between Kara and Justin... and now, Marisa? is finally revealed. And I hope that whatever demons that Kara is holding onto, she finds the capacity to let go a bit and allow Bradley into her life. He seems like a pretty spiffy motherfella. :lol: I'll be waitin' on that update, Rani. College apps aren't that important. :P So don't leave me hangin'. :D

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:32 am

<span style='color:blue'> :lol: Everything Ash said was basically stolen out of my mouth. I love your style. :nod: It's not something you see everyday, which I love. And the fact that you've gotten us so intrigued with this character and still so confused is great! Well... since I caught up with everyone, continue.

:lol: I'm just kidding. Just jot some crap down... college is overrated. Just go to the parties. :lol:</span>

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:25 pm

<span style='color:purple'><span style='font-family:georgia'>“Are you lost in some trance?â€￾ Cindy asked.
“Huh? What?â€￾ I asked trying to remove myself from the memory that stayed vividly in the back of my mind.
“You’ve been cleaning the same table for the past 10 minutes. Is everything okay?â€￾
“Yeah,â€￾ I nodded in certainty. “I just get lost in my thoughts sometimes.â€￾
“Does it have anything to do with last night?â€￾
“No,â€￾ I lied. Of course it had something to do with last night. Last night, the day the mysterious girl broke down her walls. It was front page news in Vaudeville, literally. I never read the newspaper, but with my face plastered across it how could I miss it? The whole newspaper was covered in celebrity gossip and then there was my graceful criticism taking steam. “She’s atrocious,â€￾ one woman said. “She should just get out of here.â€￾ Did I suddenly become on Vaudeville’s Most Wanted List. I guess there’s no such thing as freedom of speech, just cause I voiced my opinion they’ve let their daggers run through me all day. Cindy is so far in oblivion I don’t think she’d notice a homicide even if it was happening in the café. But who could blame her, the people here were all half-oblivious, half-crazy, me included. But that’s not what was keeping my mind occupied those past 10 minutes. It was something else, or someone else more like it. Sometimes I wonder why I do this to myself, when it is so obvious and clear. So black and white, so conspicuous and yet there is this unseen force pulling me away.

“Please, don’t go?â€￾
“No, I don’t want to be a distraction.â€￾
“You’re not, you’re helping me. It’s keeping my brain and lungs functioning.â€￾
“You’ll still be alive when I am gone...â€￾ He kisses me.
“No, I never will because I can’t breathe when you’re not here, I can’t think when you’re not beside me, I am at loss without you.â€￾
“Shh, don’t say that. C’mon, I’ll only be gone for a little bit.â€￾
“And yet it feels like eternity.â€￾
“I’ll see you soon,â€￾ he whispers.
“Define soon.â€￾ I hold onto his hand.
He looks at me with a forlorn expression, and I know the answer.
“I love you,â€￾ he nods and walks away.

I open the door to my chilly apartment, the distinct smell of wet rain accumulated in the room. I sighed and sat on my bed, my lonesome bed and stared out into the night. Through the window I saw the clouds darken, the rain continued to pour and the lightening flashed.

My hair is soaking in the rain as I walk through the streets, but I can’t help it. I need to smile, I want to smile. It’s that never ending elation one feels. I feel stupid, I feel silly, no I feel really happy. Like that time in high school when I got high and I felt like I was on the top of the world, but this has no correlation to Mary Jane, only it holds similar effects. I am so damped by the rain, but I am oblivious. “Do you need a ride?â€￾ What, who said that. I peer over, and a window is open and the familiar face reappears. “Hi.â€￾ I smile. He gives me a strange look and then smiles. “Get in the car.â€￾ Huh? “Why, the rain is beautiful.â€￾ I do the famous 360, and he laughs. “Get in the car,â€￾ He says it again. I shake my head, and continue being damped by the rain. “You’re going to get sick, please. At least let me drop you off,â€￾ he says it with pleading eyes. I am helpless, and so I agree. I am drenched, I can feel my body shiver as I enter the warmth of the car. “Had fun?â€￾ I nodded. “You are so strange.â€￾ He laughed. Told you so, I read that face from a mile away. “Aren’t you cold?â€￾ “A little,â€￾ I say “But I like the rain.â€￾ “Really?â€￾ “Well no not really. Only on the good days. The good days are the ones worth staying in the rain.â€￾ “And this is really good day?â€￾ “Didn’t you see me in the rain?â€￾ He laughed again, “Yeah, but what’s so great about today.â€￾ “Skipped class to get coffee, met a famous singer, and now he’s taking me home. I think that can be classified as good.â€￾ “Yeah, I guess your right. That is good, but don’t forget I am wearing your coffee.â€￾ “Oh its okay, it looks good on you.â€￾ We both laugh, and I think of how corny our conversation really is, but I don’t really care.

I jumped inside the covers of my bed and shut off the light. My eyes stayed wide open, as I perused the room. Slowly I felt the sleep take over, and my eyes beginning to close. Seconds later I heard the piercing sound of the phone.
“What?â€￾
“Hey…â€￾ echoed through the phone.
“Bradley?â€￾
“Yeah, it’s me. Were you sleeping?â€￾
Feeling half-embarrassed, half-apathetic, “No, not at all…just lying down,â€￾ I replied.
“Well I was wondering if we could get together if you’re not busy. Everyone’s getting together to watch the TV show.â€￾
“What TV show?â€￾
“You know that TV show.â€￾
I roll my eyes, “How about we go for a walk instead.â€￾
He pauses for a moment, “Yeah, okay fine. I’ll be at your place in five minutes.â€￾
Before I say anything else, he hangs up.

Knock, knock and the door opened. He stood there 6 feet 2 inches with his boots, blue jeans, and cowboy hat. I was quickly reminded of old western films, Bradley must have been watching too many of them lately.
“You look handsome.â€￾ He smiled and tilted his hat towards me.
“Thank you, ma’am.â€￾
“Oh shut up, Bradley. Don’t ever call me ma’am. Ya hear?â€￾
He nodded obediently, “Yes, Miss Kara.â€￾ I chuckled to myself then shook my head.
“You need to stop watching TV, it’s screwing up your head.â€￾
He touched his head, “My head is just fine, what are you talking about?â€￾
I rolled my eyes, and grabbed my coat. “Let’s go.â€￾

The air was much cooler than before and the rain had calmed down. I saw the full moon in the distance behind the trees and imagined the moonlight reflecting across the lake.

“So where do you live?â€￾ “Around the corner,â€￾ I say as I stare out the window, trying my best to avoid his pretty eyes. “Oh by the lake?â€￾ “Yeah, have you been there?â€￾ “Awhile ago, with a,â€￾ he hesitated “my ex-girlfriend.â€￾ Gulp. That ugly word, must he mention it? I was having an incredible day. I nod, because I have no interest in his ex-girlfriend. I bet she is a model, an actress or some famous singer and he’s still in love with her. I bet she’s gorgeous, and why am I here with him. He probably wants to make her jealous, and so he’ll use me and throw me out. Stupid bastard. “Do you want to go for a minute?â€￾ “Huh? Oh the lake?â€￾ He nods, I watch him as he asks the driver to pull over. No, I don’t want to go into the lake. This is where you went with your ex-girlfriend. Is he attempting to impress me? He’s going to reminisce about the past, and I am going to pat his shoulder and be like its okay because I am supposed to care about some superficial plastic bimbo. I am such a mean person, good thing I never speak what’s on my mind. “Alright,â€￾ I say because he’s wearing the expression little boys have when going to the zoo, so impatient, and so excited. “You don’t mind the rain?â€￾ I ask, maybe he’ll reconsider. “No, it’s been a good day so far.â€￾ He smiles, stop doing this to me. He pulls me out of the car, and again I am soaking in the rain. As the rain drenched every inch of his body, it’d be an understatement to say he looked gorgeous. Damn, he looked hott. Now what to do, we are both standing in the rain wet. “Come on,â€￾ he sure likes to get things moving. The memory of whatever he mentioned that made me angry before, I have forgotten all about. Rain has stopped pouring, and the sun came out. The sh** is blinding my eyes go away, I can’t see him anymore. He looks like a blob of a huge light bulb flickering constantly. I walk in every direction until I can see him in sight, ah there we go. “Hey, it stopped. I guess I have the magic touch.â€￾ I smile, cause talking is so overrated. “I love coming here, its great.â€￾ “Can you see your house from here?â€￾ I nod, and point to the left. That ugly house with green shutters that’s mine. “Cool.â€￾ No, not really but he’s just being kind. I look at the dirt and pick up a pebble. It’s always fun to throw it in and make a wish. They never do come true, but its fun. The pebble ripples through the water, the circles become bigger and bigger. I close my eyes, please, I only ask for one thing…hoping He knows, I see my new famous friend imitate me and throw a pebble. “Make a wish.â€￾ “I already did.â€￾ “What is it?â€￾ “I can’t tell or it won’t come true.â€￾ “They don’t ever come true, so what’s the point in keeping it a secret.â€￾ “Hi, aren’t we being a little pessimistic?â€￾ “Wait until you get to know, you’ve seen nothing yet.â€￾ I smirk at him, and he laughs. We’ve got this laughing thing on lock down, he puts his arm around me. For an instant I feel this electricity travel throughout my body, as if that’s the ‘spark’ or chemistry of love…but then I realize he just shocked me, and the arm was just a friendly arm. Not the I-want-to-kiss-you arm. “Let’s get you home,â€￾ and he escorts me to the car and I feel my body cave in. Yes, reality is he’ll never want a girl like me. </span></span>

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:50 am

:huh: Her face on the newspaper ... wow, this is a small town. Gosh, I can imagine that all the older folks are going to treat her like she's a lunatic. :no: And I see that Bradley has gotten carried away with the television obsession, as well.

I loved the flashback of her and Justin walking in the rain. Very romantic! ^_^ She might think she's not his type of girl, but he ought to want a girl like her. :nod:

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:23 pm

<span style='color:purple'><span style='font-family:Arial'>I feel like I haven't written in centuries. With vacation and all, just haven't had time to update. I wish more ppl would read my story, maybe that would make me more enthusiastic. But I will try to update soon, just for you paige. ^_^ :blowkiss:</span></span>

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:26 pm

Just for me! ^_^ ^_^ Aww, thank ya, babe. :kiss: Take as much time as you need ... I completely understand being pressed for time and having a million other things to do instead. :lol:

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:21 pm

<span style='color:blue'>:wave: I'm reading! I'm reading! I just missed the last chapter... I'll get RIGHT on that! </span>

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:52 pm

<span style='color:blue'>I loved the scene in the rain. Oh how I love the rain. And oh how I love Justin. *gasp* That's between you and me. ;) :lol: Love the latest chapter... but you know us. WE WANT MORE!! :yell: </span>

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:49 am

:wave: I'm reading, too! If you'll notice, the coolest people on the board are all up in this mofo. :lol: :P

I can't express to you how much I love the stream of consciousness stuff. I like knowing what's really going on in her head versus what she's really saying. It's a perfect addition to the awesomeness of the developing plot. :nod: I'd love this even if Justin weren't in it. I think it's just an incredibly creative way to go into fiction. ^_^ I can't wait for more.

And :rofl: @ Bradley in the cowboy hat. :rofl:

Mariah111384
Advanced Member

Postby Mariah111384 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:22 pm

<span style='color:blue'>i was reading before but forgot to reply. i really liked the last line. this is really creative. post more when you can. the writing is really cool.</span> :)

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:48 pm

<span style='color:purple'><span style='font-family:georgia'>My mind was restless as my hand caressed the water in the lake. I stared at the reflection of a young girl I once knew.
“Why are we here?â€￾
“Because it’s so beautiful.â€￾
Bradley paused for a moment as if the realization had just hit him, “Yeah, your right…it is beautiful.â€￾
“I am always right.â€￾ I chuckled.
He chuckled back, and then cleared his throat. “Kara?â€￾
“Yeah?â€￾ I tried to make out his face, but the darkness had taken over. I allowed the silence to speak for itself.
Suddenly the words spurted out of his mouth, “I love you, Kara.â€￾

I wasn’t speechless, it was one of those awkward where-do-I-go-from-here moments. “I know you do Bradley.â€￾ I smiled at him, and I could only imagine him smiling back at me. I sat there with my palms firmly indented in the dirt, hoping that there was nothing else left to be said. Tonight I felt myself craving for tranquility, as I glared across the moon.
“Why won’t you say it back?â€￾
Suddenly my still thoughts fell. “What?â€￾
His voice was angry, in a way I never heard before. “You heard me.â€￾
“Bradley, I…â€￾
“Forget about it. I know the answer. I don’t get why you’re so afraid of me. I don’t get why you never talk about yourself. Maybe I’m just in love with a stranger. All I know is, I can’t pretend just being friends with you is okay. Cause you’re the first girl I ever felt something for, and when we kissed-I know it meant something to the both of us.â€￾
“I’m sorry, I don’t want to hurt you, but I can’t lie to you either.â€￾
“You mean lie to yourself? I may be dumb, but I’m not that dumb Kara.â€￾
“We’re just two different people-“
“…From two different worlds. Yeah I get it.â€￾
The silence erupted, I felt like I had crushed his heart into a million pieces, a feeling I was so well aware of. I heard his feet kick the sand and his footsteps as he walked away. I looked back and he was farther in the distance than I had imagined. I tried to chase him, but there was no use, he was gone.

“Wait, where are you going?â€￾ “Back home.â€￾ “Please don’t be angry with me.â€￾ “You make it too easy.â€￾ I felt my head bang into the wall a thousand times. Great job, you know exactly how to push him away. He’s the only constant thing in your life. Parents, forget about it. Friends, they’re gone too. But he, he refused to go away. Refusal. Yeah, maybe it was just patience. He has a hell of a lot of patience with me. I can’t even understand me, and where me is going to end up. One minute it’s love, another minute it’s hate. I’m stuck in-between and he’s staring at me like I’ve transformed into some sort of monster in disguise with long brown locks and pleading eyes. Don’t cry now, don’t be the quintessential too emotional girlfriend, Don’t be so rigid either, you can see the sadness melting in his eyes. But I’m stiff as a rock, and tears as of right now would be perfect, but nothing. You give and you take. I can’t be perfect, say it, I’m not perfect. But he thinks it anyway. He’s too good, way too good for me. I beat him down, and he beats me back up. I push him away, and he pushes closer. I tell him hate, and he only knows of love. Why let this go on? Truth is, I never did deserve him. I want it to rain so bad, just so I can feel something again. Let me feel again, and the walls I’ve built fall down.

The loneliness was in full motion as I walked back to my apartment. I felt chills up and down my spine, and to be honest, I was scared. It’s easier to detach yourself from the world than actually confront it. Bradley was right, but since when did I ever do what was right? I’m the poster girl for mistakes, and Vaudeville was my escape.

The 5 A.M. alarm went off, and I began to quiver. It was getting too cold again. It was still dark outside but without the rain pouring, today seemed empty. I sat in bed for awhile, before falling back asleep. When I woke up, I realized time had flied. I jumped in the shower, put on my clothes, took one last look in the mirror and dashed out the door. I couldn’t be late for work, punctuality was my best friend. Customers were already lining up at the door, and I started my ‘sorrys’ as I grabbed my keys out of my pocket and opened the door.

“Dear, what took you so long!â€￾ Mrs. Chimein, attired in her hooker boots and too short skirt, made me squeamish. She’s a bit too old to wear clothes of that sort, but she seemed to think otherwise.
“Sorry, the alarm clock didn’t work.â€￾ I lied, and began to turn on the lights. I ran into the kitchen and turned on every machine, and started making the coffee.

“How have you been since you-know-what?â€￾ Mrs. Chimein asked as I served her toast.
I gave her a strange look, and then continued to leave her unanswered.
“No toast for me.â€￾ She pushed back the dish, and I sighed.
“Why, you love toast with jam?â€￾
“Not anymore, Atkins.â€￾
“What’s that?â€￾ my eyebrow furrowed.
“The Atkins diet! You don’t know it about it? Oh my darling Kara, you have been so deprived of the television. I am trying to lose weight, so no carbs for me.â€￾
I took another look at her bony body, I think she was the one more deprived than me, deprived of food that is. “You’re so skinny though. You need to eat toast, trust me.â€￾ Hollywood people will do anything to shove new diets down the public’s throat.

Suddenly, the room became silent and someone’s voice took over the room.

“Today on Access Hollywood…â€￾
I saw all the eyes glare up at a television screen nicely situated in the back corner of the café. I couldn’t believe it; someone actually put a TV in our café. Welcome to the apocalypse.

“First Brad and Jennifer. Who’s next in the line of celebrity couple breakups. News has emerged that Cameron Diaz and Justin Timberlake have ended their 2 year romance. More on the story coming up next. “

The entire room became aghast, with “oh nosâ€￾ and “finally!â€￾

I angrily walked over to the television suspended above me and pressed the power button. The screen shut off, and everyone hissed at me as I walked back to the counter.

“Miss Kara, please put it back on.â€￾ An unfamiliar face pleaded from his seat.
I shook my head, and ignored all the requests to turn the television back on.
The unfamiliar face ignored what I had said and marched in front of the screen and put it back on.

I sighed; this was going to be a long day. </span></span>

BabyBlue2578
Abstracts Royalty

Postby BabyBlue2578 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:14 pm

Oh poor, dear Kara. She's so fragile. And she has to live with these Vaudevillean idiots that let Hollywood dictate their lives. :no: How sad. And Bradley. :unsure: He's just his own ball of confusion added to her life. What a sucky existence.

But hey, now that Camstin is back to Cam and Stin, maybe we can get some clarity. Oooh-ooh ooooh, Oooh-OOh ooooh. :lol:

Seriously, the more I read, the more intrigued I am. Keep it up. ;) :clap:

EDIT: Hey, I'm first for once! Yay for me! :yay: :lol:

Mariah111384
Advanced Member

Postby Mariah111384 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:10 am

this is really good. keep it going im really enjoying this stuff. :D

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:50 am

Wow, I feel badly for Kara having to shoot Bradley down like that, but at least she's telling the truth and not leading him on. She doesn't love him and she shouldn't have to pretend to love him just to make him feel better. Some relationships can only be on a friendship level. I'm just wondering if he'll still want to be her friend, knowing that she won't ever see him in a romantic light. :thinking:

The folks of Vaudeville are too much, but I do love them. :lol:

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:54 pm

<span style='color:purple'><span style='font-family:georgia'>Tick, tock. Tick, tock. The second’s hand of the clock moved as if in slow motion. Time was passing by measured in eternities, and I felt like I was awaiting trial. I blocked out all the chatters and noise coming from the café because that was my only way to sanity. Tick, tock, tick, tock…

When is this clock going to move. I need to get out of here. Kid is snoring to my left, girl is writing a love note to my right and I’m pretending to listen. What did you say? Atrias, blood, something something, Oh no, professor is glaring in my direction. He’s got his eyes locked down on me like a hawk. He’s smiling creepily, wow stop it. Bell, please, ring. I’m vibrating, what is this…phone is vibrating. I can’t find my cell phone, ah there it is. Don’t make it obvious. Private caller…private, ooh no one’s ever called that’s been private. Secret admirer? Stalker perhaps? Or maybe it’s just a random wrong number. I have an urge to call this person now, but the bell needs to ring. Raise your hand to go to the bathroom, that’ll make it less obvious that you care more about a phone call then what’s it called-college? Unless I’m having a heart attack he won’t let me leave. That bastard. Wipe that nasty look off your face before he glares again in your direction. Kissing his ass is the only possible way to passing. It must be done. RING. Salvation at last! See you later Marisa. Bye. Who are you? Its funny I don’t know anyone in my class of 300. Everyone dash leave, so I can patiently call my private caller. Ring, ring, ring, ring, ring…ok, nice if you could pick up. Come on pick up! The suspense is killing me. Hey I’m not here right now, but leave a message and your number and I’ll get back to you. The familiarity of the voice, the voice that makes my heart skip a beat…could it? No, no way. He called me! I know I have a look of elation plastered across my face and no, the professor does not miss it. Did you just win the lottery? Ha, really you’re funny. Nope, no lottery-can’t a girl just smile and be happy? Nope, for Professor Alden its impossible. Wipe that goofy grin off yo face. It’s nice to see you smiling Mar-is-a. Nod faintly. I’m worried you’re distracted. Really, from what? I’m all ears now. You seem out of place. You seem like a stick is up your ass all the time, but I don’t say anything. Good thing my thoughts are kept to myself, no need to open Pandora’s box. Let me help you. How kind of you! Here’s all my numbers. Wow, look at you, all snazzy with your card. Dude even has a screenname: ProfAlden. He’s now winking, hold up buddy what are you exactly insinuating. I ain’t calling his ass, he wants a booty call. Feel free to call me whenever you like. I’m sorry? Listen, don’t worry about it, nobody needs to know about this. About what?! Easy grade, easy task, take it. He’s coming closer, wow officially this teacher’s a jackass. I’m not having sex with you so I can get an A in your class. He laughs, okay. Who said anything about sex…but now that you mention it…Slap him, just do it. Who cares if he gives you the F. Walk out, before he pisses you off anymore. Out the door, and relief sinks in. What if I. No don’t think about it. He’s not that bad looking…no! Can’t, think, him, anymore. Vibrating again, hello? Hey it’s Justin. Oh hey, what’s up. Just busy with work, uh I was wondering if you want to get together tonight like for a date? A date, oh my God he is asking me out. Of course, spills out. Great, so you won’t mind going out with my friend? What friend, who’s friend, when did the word friend suddenly appear in our conversation. My friend Trace, you guys can double date with me and Sarah. Who the hell is Sarah? Sarah? My uh ex-girlfriend, she and I are getting back together. My heart fell to the floor.

“Holla!â€￾ screamed Mr. Dangerfield from the back of room.
“I need my coffee fo shizzle my nizzle.â€￾
“Excuse me?â€￾ What the hell was he saying?
“You know how we get down. Drop it like it’s hawt. Coffee right hizzle.â€￾
“Yo, quit it. You need to chizzle.â€￾ Ms. Haltem replied.

My head was pounding. I needed aspirin, hell I needed vodka. Anything that would get my mind out of here.

Sadly, the only person who was actually normal in this town was Elizabeth. She looked exactly the same, and that’s not saying much but it was nice to see something stay the same-even if it was Elizabeth.
“Oh Kara, come here!â€￾
“Hi, Elizabeth.â€￾ Smiling wasn’t that hard, it was actually nice to see her.
“I am so sorry about you and Bradley. He told me everything and I feel awful. He came to me, and I comforted him. He asked me to go steady, and I’d like to, but I thought I’d make it sure with you.â€￾
I was speechless from her words. Was she really asking, I thought how sincere and sweet she was and that maybe all the animosity I felt towards her was wrongly given. “It doesn’t bother me.â€￾
She smiled, and then her facial expression changed. “That’s good, I was going to go with him even if you said no.â€￾ She cackled. “Don’t get too jealous. We make the perfect couple.â€￾

That…that, b****. </span></span>

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:24 am

Whoa, I loved that flashback in the classroom. :lol: Reminds me of those days when I couldn't wait for the bell to ring so that I could get the hell out of there. :lol: And Professor Alden is creepy. :huh: I had some creepy male teachers like that ... Dr. Laib liked to tell girls to flash him. :no:

Elizabeth ... damn, she is a b****! That was too much. :P

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:04 pm

wow, this story has gone to page 2.

...Now that's sad. :lol:

ashleybull

Postby ashleybull » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:36 pm

i love this story update more i love to read it

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:58 pm

<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>so, i don't know whereor how to go with this story anymore. Seems like it's gone into oblivion. But I do want to keep writing it. Hopefully something will spark my interest soon...real soon. </span></span>

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:07 pm

Don't let it go into oblivion. I'm hoping that your creativity is sparked soon. :please:

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:45 pm

This story is in dire need of editing lol. I am sorry, I just don't have time to edit it, and stuff. So bear with me. I could write a lot better, I swear. The last chap/post whatever u want to call it, is kind of ehh. So I've been having a hard trying to continue the story and be cohesive. But anyway, here goes.

<span style='color:purple'><span style='font-family:georgia'>Vaudeville had a tender place in my heart. I fought my feelings through time if this was where I wanted to spend the rest of my life. There is an unbelievable attraction to living in such a unique place-as if the rest of the world didn’t exist, that Vaudeville was the only place in the universe. It has been awhile since I left the ‘outside’ world, of busy streets, cell phones and of people too consumed with their lives. I left my family: a father, mother and an older brother to come here. Maybe it seems like my story has hit a wall because I never delved into the truth of why I am here and how I got here. It wasn’t simply that I packed my bags and left. I guess it was a long journey of uncertainty and one of growing fear. Those who knew me probably knew me well and I don’t think anyone hasn’t tried to find me. It was July of 2003 when I went missing in New York City. A big city with a big crime rate and I became the part of another statistic.

My life before Vaudeville consisted of a number of Broadway shows and night gigs here and there. As an NYU student, I lived for the stage and for acting. It allowed me to be someone different, to escape the realities of life. So when I met him, everything changed right? He became an acquaintance, then a friend, and then something that today I still cannot define. He’s like a haunting image that I want to erase, but deep down it’s my only chance at survival. Life is a funny thing, let me tell you. One minute everything’s just perfect, you think you’re at the top of your game. I was ready to finally hit it big, I was in love, and I had an amazing family that supported me. So what went wrong?

“Smile for the camera baby, it’s your birthday…we gonna drink Bacardi like it’s your Birthday!â€￾
“Thank you,â€￾ I meekly replied.
“What’s wrong?â€￾
“Nothing at allâ€￾ I said, trying hard to make out a smile.
“No, something is definitely wrong with you.â€￾ He suddenly grabbed my hand and told everybody that we’d be right back.
“Wait, where you taking me? We can’t just leave with all my friends hanging there.â€￾
“They won’t mind.â€￾
He took me outside where the air was chilly and I could see my breath.
“It’s your birthday and you look like you’re at a funeral. Did something happen today that you’re not telling me?â€￾
“No.â€￾
“Then what’s wrong!â€￾
“I don’t know! Why are you attacking me.â€￾
“I’m sorry, baby.â€￾ He put his hands on my shoulder. “I just wanted to make your birthday special, and I-I guess I failed.â€￾
“It has nothing to do with this. I love it, I really do.â€￾
He shot a look of uncertainty at me, “Do you want to go home?â€￾
“What? No, I want to be here.â€￾
“We’re going home, I’ll tell the guys. We’ll do this another night, when you’re more up for it.â€￾
“No! I want to be here. It’s my birthday, it only happens once a year.â€￾
He shook his head and went inside, I followed and before I could utter a no, he told everybody that we were going home.
“Why did you do that?â€￾ I angrily mumbled on the ride home.
“Cause you aren’t feeling well.â€￾
“I’m feeling fine. You didn’t have to embarrass me in front of my friends.â€￾
“You didn’t need any of my help,â€￾ he mumbled under his breath.
“What did you say?â€￾
“You heard me. You were being pretty rude by the way you were acting, I didn’t need to say anything. I thought I was doing you a favor by ending the party soon.â€￾
Stiffened by his words, I gave him the silent treatment the rest of the way home and well, for the entire night.

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating

She stared at the pallid walls around her, examining the room. She twiddled her thumbs contemplating whether to stay or go.

Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
'Til then I walk alone

She fidgeted, and ran her fingers through her hair. She peered over to the suitcase that lay wide open and unfilled. She took a shirt from her drawer and placed it inside. She shook her head, and removed it from the suitcase. Frustrated, she took out a pen and began to write the note.

I'm walking down the line
That divides me somewhere in my mind

I love you more than life itself. I can’t tell you why I’m doing this, but just know I will always be with you, in your heart. Please don’t look for me, thinking that I’ll somehow find my way back to you. I want you to be happy and live your life. There are greater things out there for you.

With love,
Marisa

On the border line
Of the edge and where I walk alone

She ripped up the paper, and went over to her drawers. She grabbed her clothes and threw them in a suitcase. If she was leaving, she wasn’t going to look back.

Read between the lines
What's f***ed up and everything's alright

And here she was, nearly a year and a half later...thinking the same thoughts. The suitcase lied in the corner, and she staring at it with no end. The rain began to pour, growing heavier and heavier.

Check my vital signs
To know I'm still alive and I walk alone

She closed her eyes as if to block every thought traveling through her mind. With determination, she began to throw the clothes into her bag, fiercer with each motion. After everything was thrown in, she attempted to close it. With no such luck, she sat on the bag and pulled the zipper. She wiped the small tear that fell down her cheek. She took the few books that sat on the nightstand and put them in her bag. She made sure she took everything, and with the suitcase in her hand, she took one last look at the room and shut the door.

I walk alone
I walk alone</span></span>

PreCiouSbAbY
Supreme Member

Postby PreCiouSbAbY » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:26 pm

<span style='color:purple'><span style='font-family:Arial'>I'm thinking I need to start a new story... :(</span></span>

ashleybull

Postby ashleybull » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:24 pm

nooooo!!!!!! I <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>LOVE</span> THIS STORY KEEP GOING

whatchagot4meMRJT
Abstracts Royalty

Postby whatchagot4meMRJT » Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:29 pm

Marisa seems so lonely ... not that being alone and taking time to really get to know yourself is a bad thing, but it just seems like she needs to get back to the people she left behind, if only to see them to prove that she's okay, and making it on her own. I'm sure people are worried with her taking off and not staying in touch.

And now she wants to leave again. :huh: I don't know where she's gonna go that these same feelings aren't going to keep coming back. You can only run so far.

Return to “Fan Fiction”