Lord Of The Rings Ships For Gba And Xbox

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

Postby dazed410 » Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:38 pm

Vivendi Universal Publishing on Thursday shipped The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring for Xbox and Game Boy Advance. The new titles are part of VU Games' agreement with Tolkien Enterprises to develop interactive entertainment based on J.R.R. Tolkien's novel, The Lord of the Rings, for multiple next-generation platforms and the PC. The content of the first two Lord of the Rings games derives from The Fellowship of the Ring, the first installment of Tolkien's literary epic. Vivendi's Black Label Games also plans to publish Lord of the Rings for PS2 and the PC in October.

Developed by Seattle-based WXP, Lord of the Rings for Xbox is a third-person, action-adventure title featuring three members of the Fellowship - Frodo, Aragorn and Gandalf - as playable characters, each with his own special abilities. In a storyline said to be faithful to Tolkien's masterpiece, players perfect stealth moves as Frodo, fight enemies as Aragorn and cast spells as Gandalf as they journey from the peaceful Shire through the dark depths of Moria all the way to the River Anduin. Orcs, Black Riders, the Balrog and more than 20 other types of enemies stand in their way in this first leg of the quest to destroy the fabled One Ring of Power.

Developed by U.K.-based Pocket Studios, Lord of the Rings for GBA is a single-player role-playing game with a turn-based combat system. Players follow the storyline of the first volume of J.R.R. Tolkien's saga and control the members of the Fellowship, at times directing the actions of up to nine characters at once during battle sequences. Gameplay takes place across backgrounds faithful to Tolkien's descriptions. The semi-linear structure of the game allows players to experiment and explore the world of Middle-earth while staying true to Frodo's quest to keep the One Ring from the hands of the Dark Lord Sauron.

lancesgrl
Abstracts Royalty

Postby lancesgrl » Thu Oct 31, 2002 5:25 pm

that would be cool... i've got a ps2. :P i wonder if it is similar to gauntlet. i love that game!!! i know... i'm a dork!!! :lol:

It-Aint-True

Postby It-Aint-True » Sun Nov 03, 2002 10:24 pm

The main reason why I'm buying Playstation 2 for myself this Christmas is just to play that Lord of the Rings game, and also to play Final Fantasy 10, 11, and any other Final Fantasy game. They all rock.

~The Cynical One~

Return to “Orlando Bloom”