The hotties of Middle-Earth

dazed410
Abstracts Royalty

The hotties of Middle-Earth

Postby dazed410 » Sun Dec 22, 2002 2:09 pm

Moviegoers are flocking to theatres all around the world to see the latest Lord of the Rings instalment, The Two Towers.

The attraction is clear: A rousing tale of good vs. evil, effects far beyond special, plus a three-hour escape from the holiday bustle.

But a goodly portion of the female contingent of the audience, as well as some men, have a different sort of excuse for immersing themselves in the magic of Middle-Earth. Namely, the men of The Rings -- as well as the elves, hobbits and, yes, even that grousing barrel-chested dwarf Gimli.

Devotees of Tolkien's books have been drawn to these literary heroes for nearly half a century. But a cinematic alchemy happened last year when, in The Fellowship of the Ring, virile Viggo Mortensen brought alive valiant human Aragorn and pretty-boy Orlando Bloom embodied elf Legolas.

Call it a crush or outright lust but plenty of smitten Rings watchers are swooning again.

canada.com/vancouver/theprovince/story.asp?id={55591634-FED3-4EC6-9EF4-E2194B165D21}

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Dec 22, 2002 6:49 pm

Well, that's interesting: do you separate the man from the role?

I otherwise agree that the men are hotties, and I give recognition to all of them, but...you all should agree that hobbits are the finest race and their actors as well are great people!
Hm, and I also find Elrond quite good-looking...hm, though he's very, very old...this doesn't matter, his actor Hugo is also really intriguing.

That's what I think.

orleez#1babe

Postby orleez#1babe » Mon Dec 23, 2002 11:49 pm

I don't know.... i don't think of hugo weaving as an elf mnost of the time, probably because he was a bad guy in the matrix.
Alas, viggo is the man for me. orlando looks simply gorgeous, and elijah's eyes are like huge saucers, making you gaze into them, but viggo has everything you need for a husband. good looks, good talent, and good companionship skills. And has a child. :blink: :lol:

Milla

orleez#1babe

Postby orleez#1babe » Mon Dec 23, 2002 11:51 pm

HEY, YOU GUYS!!!! LOOK!!!!
I'm like half-way too not being a newbie!!!!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Oh, yes, and i think elves are the more superior race

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Tue Dec 24, 2002 5:33 pm

Milla, elves are superiour in a way that they are the most developed race. Hobbits are unique in a way that their way of life is amazing as well as their way if thinking is really unusual.

And I think Neo and Agent Smith in the Matrix are one of the best feuds ever!

Milla good luck with the member status!
B)

orleez#1babe

Postby orleez#1babe » Tue Dec 24, 2002 11:36 pm

thank you. u r so sweet Claire!!!!!!!! :) (about wishing me good luck)

and i agree aboiut the fued in the matrix they should be awarded something.

Maybe so abou the elves. i don't know. i just type whatever comes to mind. i change my mind alot. :D :P

milla

orleez#1babe

Postby orleez#1babe » Tue Dec 24, 2002 11:38 pm

wow... you know that emotion icon you put on your post? it's been qite some time since i used one of those babies. maybe it's because..........................WE NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY IN THIS DAMNED SEATTLE :angry: (about the sunglasses)

oh well. god made it that way for a reason.

Milla

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Thu Dec 26, 2002 1:31 pm

OK, so why don't we rank the "hotties of Middle Earth" ?

Give me your top three guys!

Oh, better don't - I'm mad about ranking and charts, the others are not obliged to fo it, right?

Moi
B)

justins bubbles
Abstracts Royalty

Postby justins bubbles » Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:30 am

<span style='color:blue'>I like the elves because they are very mysterious...and Legolas is too cool compared to a plain ol' hobbit... B) </span>

orleez#1babe

Postby orleez#1babe » Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:33 am

Hobbits are not plain!!! :o
but i agree... legolas is pretty intruiging.(i'm not sure if that's spelled right)

Lotsoflove,
Milla

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Fri Dec 27, 2002 4:51 pm

Hobbits are the greatest little guys. That's why I was mad their part in this movie didn't seem to be so great. Especially in this book the central character is Aragorn, the king, and he'a human, so it's more human and also dramatic book. I think one of Tolkien's ideas was to put hobbits as a kind of card board characters, kind of middle point, and he gave them great part. To check this you should read "The Hobbit" to see why Bilbo is the most extraordinary hobbit. And why he is friend with everybody - elves and dwarves (who are feuds otherwise but are friends of Bilbo!) and also humans and wizards (Gandalf). Bilbo is the greatest hobbit.

As for great elvish history check out "The Silmarillion" - it's interesting and retells the story of the stone that's in Elrond's crown. And also tells about a lot of elvish heroes. There you get a lot about the Elvish people.

Well, sorry if I'm off topic again, but I thought this information could be useful to anyone!

Actually we're talking about the hot men in Middle Earth here...

Moi B)

orleez#1babe

Postby orleez#1babe » Fri Dec 27, 2002 6:01 pm

very nice summarized information, claire. bravo.
that was a great start for some people who don't have a vast knowledge of Middle Earth. good job.

Milla

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sat Dec 28, 2002 9:42 am

orleez#1babe wrote: WE NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY IN THIS DAMNED SEATTLE

you are not alone, Scotland can get really depressing.........It's day at 8.30am and night at 15.30 :(

......but I still love it! ;) My friend is currently in the same state in Eugene, never heard her complain....maybe if I stopped complaining she'd manage to do it :lol: chatty me!

I personaly think Viggo is hot only as Aragorn, saw pics of him without the dirty sticky hair and the beard he positively sunk my boat. I think I love the mysterious faithful Lord, and the look for the film. That's all.

I think Elves are the most superior. Not only for LOTR but in all stories involving elves, don't know why

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Sat Dec 28, 2002 6:50 pm

Do you enjoy living in Scotland? My folks are born and raised in Glasgow but I can't imagine ever actually living there

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sat Dec 28, 2002 7:35 pm

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:purple'>IT IS FUUCKING GREAT!!!!!!!!</span></span>

I so much love it, I took the plane back to france to see my family and all I was thinking of was......."I'll be back in 3 weeks, be strong, it's not that long" :wub:

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Sat Dec 28, 2002 7:55 pm

Really? My only regret is not being part of the family in Scotland. I could not tolerate that much rain. I suppose others could not tolerate the snow but I feel we get the best of all the seasons, cold winters with hot summers.

What part of Scotland are you in?

Oh and for Orlando fans, I highly recommend the special edition of the DVD, the audio commentaries and interviews of the cast are amazing. And Orlando's voice sends shivers down my spine

orleez#1babe

Postby orleez#1babe » Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:16 am

you speak the truth, helena. i have the extended version too. it is superior. and god, orlando,you even sounds sexy.
boy, i just want to eat you up! you would taste sooo good!!! :lol:

anyways, about the weather, yeah. i've lived here quite a few years, it's not that bad. yeah, sure, it rains like literally every day, and there is absolutely no day without going through a cold, strong, long, chilly wind, but the people are really talkative.

Coming from cali, I somtimes get depressed and long for the days when i can atually just simply walk outside in my pajamas, and go say hi to my friends next door. aaahhhh...(slap on the face) get over it milla. it's not going to happen.

Now about viggo, yeah, i agree. i can personally say he is only super-hot as aragorn. i am a sucker for the mysterious, strong, sexy kind of type (like orlando). has anybody seen him in whats it called...uuhhh...oh yeah!a perfect murder? isn't it the one with gwenyth paltrow and micheal douglas? i think he played the secret-lover to gwenyth. i'm not sure. my mind is pretty vague in that area.

Lotsoflove,
Milla

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:10 pm

Helena- I live in Aberdeen, east coast, it's the other end of the country but Scotland is such a small country that I can be in Glasgow by car in just a few hours. It's not that rainy, and not colder than France in the winter. It is quite grey in the Autumn/winter, but I moved there in September, and the weather was awsome until November, there was sun, threr was warmth.......with the beach and all that, it was GREAT!!!!
What I love the most about Scotland, apart from the breathtaking landscape the culture and the history, it's the people of Scotland. The Scots are the nicest, most welcoming, tolerant, loving, helpful, funniest, easy going people of the world. I am in love with the 5 million of them. I am truly having fun and I love it. The rain and the cold days are nothing compared to all teh good Scotland has to offer.

Milla- Orlando is hot as a brunette no matter the film :lickout:

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Dec 29, 2002 3:46 pm

orleez#1babe wrote: that was a great start for some people who don't have a vast knowledge of Middle Earth. good job.

God, I'm trying.... :( but they still don't listen...

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Sun Dec 29, 2002 3:49 pm

i know laura... don't worry. :D

it didn't say anywhere that i thought orlando was hot only as legolas.
in fact, i think on the total contrary. he's kind of hotter regularly. :lol:

Lotsoflove,m
Milla

P.S. i was orleez#1babe for a while, but i changed because of technical problems.
so pleeaaasse. don't send me private messsages saying, "welcome newbie" or anything like that. it bugs the hell out of me.

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Sun Dec 29, 2002 3:50 pm

claire were her together!

Milla

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sun Dec 29, 2002 5:33 pm

I know you never said it, I agree he is always hot except as a blond, I was referring to that other thread where I was saying that Viggo is hot only as Strider as opposed to Orlando who is always hot! **drool*drool** :lol:

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Sun Dec 29, 2002 6:02 pm

ok, i get it now.
you have to know me...i'm kind of slow :lol:

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sun Dec 29, 2002 6:11 pm

I think we're at teh same speed.........perfect for me!! :lol: English is not my first language, so it sometimes takes very long to reach my brain and I might phrase things in a very French way :lol: and make it tough for you to understand!! sorry about that!

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Sun Dec 29, 2002 11:29 pm

english is not mine either.... but i'm pretty sure i know how to write... i think.
how old are you?

Milla

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Mon Dec 30, 2002 6:03 am

:lol: I am 22! and yourself?

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Mon Dec 30, 2002 12:46 pm

Whenever my relatives come here, they forget how big Canada is. They think two weeks is enough to see all of Canada. I have never been Aberdeen as most of our family still lives in Glasgow. My uncle lives near Inverness, in a small villiage called Dingwall. I am sure thats the name. Our great grandmother came from the isle of South Usiet in the Heberdies. She spoke no english when she moved to the mainland. She met and married an Irish man, Thomas Gallagher who had fled Ireland because of the violence. His family was part of the IRA and he wanted nothing to do with it.

I went to Scotland in Feb of 2000 to visit my family. My one aunt lives near Pollok House. I believe thats the name. In fact, she lives next door to a small castle that has been converted into a children's musem. It was called Hagg's castle but I just read online that it was sold and made into a private hom. I remember going to some of the night clubs and being floored at the cost to get in. I live in small town in Ontario and its only 3.00 to get into a bar. Whereas they were asking for 8 pounds which is over 16 dollars. Shakes head. Even the cost of a two litre pop killed me. Here, they cost between 99 cents and 1.99. There they were a two pounds.

My grandparents rented a small house from the City of Glasgow in Cardonald on Allenton Drive. I can't recall how to spell the street name. When my Papa died in 1999, the house reverted back to the city. We were lucky as my parents paid for us to go there or had our grandparents to come out. That way, we were still connected to our family. My parents came to Canada in 1966, three days after they were marrieed. They were only going to stay a year but loved it. When they lost one of their babies to a heart disease, they did return to Scotland and lived in Endiburgh. Yet, they came back here. Nice thing is, since our Dad is also from UK, we can have, European passports (I believe thats what they are called, they are reddish purple)

I also don't mind France. We have gone there to visit our Aunt. She is now more French than Scottish having lived there since she was 20. She is now 63. I love the history in France. One year, we simply traveled up and down the Normandy coast. When I was thirteen, my Dad wanted me to up the Eiffel tower . I said no because I was scared it would fall down. What can I say, I was a kid. We were in France that time, when the airlines were on strike. I don't recall why, but the army was in the airport. Coming from hicksville to THAT always freaked me out. Another time, we came when someone was on strike. Can't recall who, but it took a lifetime to get out of the airport.

The people of Scotland really are wonderful. A friends sister was talking about how "cheap" the scottish are and I had to say, thats a complete myth. I have yet to met someone from Scotland that is not the most generous soul

Viggo is hot as Strider only. That really is true. I think Orlando on his own is salty goodness

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Mon Dec 30, 2002 1:15 pm

I don't know what your friend meant by "cheap" if she meant "stingy" then I must say it's kind of true but they're not stingier than the English or the french. They're just careful with their money, and the cost of living is so high that I personally don't have the heart to bear a grudge against them for that.
I've never been to Glasgow. It's supposed to be a fascinating city, but very industrial. I'm going there next year, I want to go to the Isle of Skye so I'll stop in glasgow, just to see.
I love Edinburgh.....no, that's an understatement, I am head over heels over this city: it's the most beautiful place ever, the city centre looks like the perfect setting for a fairy tale, with princes and fairies.....the old buildings, the castle on Princes Street, everything is absolutely wonderful, but Scotland as a whole is so beautiful. I'll never stop advertising for this country, it deserves being known for all its great things, not only for whisky, whool, and sheep-shagging :lol:

Helena, if you come back to Scotland, the prices will do more than just floor you!! It cost me £1.65 for ONE Apricot Danish, you get it for £0.55 in France! The other day I wanted raisins, I saw a small bag and checked the price, it was £4.49!!!! These are just examples I can recall. That is the one and only reason why I will never settle in the UK forever. Otherwise, I'd be applying for a Scottish nationality right now and stay there forever.

If I were you, having so much family history in Scotland, I would tour the whole country. The Heberdies and all the islands must be great. I read a book by Virginia Woolf which takes place in the heberdies it's entitled "To The Lighthouse" I have to visit a few islands before leaving Scotland.

The Irish must be the largest foreign community in Scotland, they all flew to Scotland in the 1880s, all went to Glasgow especially to work in the factories. Your family's history is interesting because the Scots were quite hostile to the Irish waves of immigration, there was above all a religious problem. I do Scottish studies and I would really like to know what your religion is if you have any, I mean Scotish-Irish marriages were not very popular especially because of the Irish Catholics, but if your grandfather was a Protestant Irish then he must have had no trouble with that.

Aberdeen is a very beautiful city, with very rich people in it!! :lol: Life is more expensive here than in Inverness or Dundee!! To quote from Ian Rankin "it's a city with money but no style" I love it though. You should go visit it, it's the home town of two of my favourite poets: Lewis Grassic-Gibbon and Lord Byron!! People are angels as everywhere in the country and the city is really cool. Lots of pubs!!!!!

I've been ranting about Scotland, but I love France too. It's my country. You should've taken the lift in the Eiffel Tower. The view is unique!! Go there again and you'll just love it! I am not a big fan of Normandy, it's very beautiful though but my favourite part of France is the west, I know Normandy is, but further south from Brittany all teh way down to the Pyrennees mountain. Honestly people, I know everyone yearns to go to the french riviera, but it's sh** compared to our West coast, the fod, culture, way of life, the people in the south west are the sweetest of the country........and their accent!!!! :wub:

You know, strikes are a national tradition, whenever you coem here, there will always be a strike!!!

My freind went to Vancouver the other day and loved it, but she is Canadian at heart!!!

I think Orlando is British am I wrong? I could be wrong :lol:

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Mon Dec 30, 2002 2:29 pm

No she ment that they were very ungenerous and I am sure thats not even a word. We took the train down to Edinburgh when I was 18. It was a laugh on the tour bus trip when I got onto as a child fare. I loved Edinburgh, it really is quite beautiful but my heart belongs in Glasgow. I have traveled up and down some of sites in Glasgow. I am sure there is still family in the islands as my Great Grandmother went back there to die. The highlanders are truly interesting folks.

My great grandfather was an Irish Catholic (think thats what the IRA religion is)as was my great grandmother. What I really know of my great grandparents is that despite being a "Catholic" my grandmother held onto the old ways. She would pray with her rosary and perform the ancient festivals. I guess it drove him mad. But they were very happy together. She was quite the character and used to have her grandchildren up for the summer. One year, she had my mom, and got her bed all ready. She was muttering about Penny (my grandmother) wants you to have the best, and the best you will have. She then said, these are the sheets of the dead, the ones the dead bodies are wrapped in. She was kidding but that was her werid sense of humour. She would even take her to the grave yard to show her the ancient stones, invite her to come close, knowing full well that the ground was not solid and would sink my mom down a little. LOL.

My papa's home life was not as happy. His father was an abusive alcoholic who sold him to a family in Canada as a farm worker. He lived in Quebec until he was 21 and then stowed away on a ship. He worked his passage back to Scotland. His name is very strange. Toye. Somewhere in the family history it had been changed to Toye from Toy. So somewhere, there must be asian in our family.

France was beautiful. We stuck to the coast of Normandy because my aunt lived there. Now, she lives near Belgium, but I have never been to see her new place yet. She is a sweet, kind child like lady who has been a nun since she was 17. I have no idea how she was able to live that life.

Since I have only lived in Canada, I can say I love it. Its a quiet peaceful place to live. The bigger cities are more inclined to be "violent" but my hick town nothing happens.

Orlando is British, he was born in Cantabury England. God, never call my father British. Once, someone made the mistake of calling him english, don't wanna relive that one.

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Tue Dec 31, 2002 2:11 am

correct me if i'm wrong, but personally i think that living in europe is very valuable because you learn the cost of money, and how lucky you are to have it. having lived in almost every continent of the world, i can see that americans take everyting for granted. little elementary school kids throw away their luch that consists of a least an apple, sandwich, juice, and some kind of treat if they don't like it, and then with their large allowance, they go buy junk food from the vending machine. when i was little in like 4th grade, i almost screamed "stop!" because my friend was going to just simply throw away a perfect lunch. i already knew the pain and hunger little children go through, and i had a few experiences myself. especially my parents. i amd proud of my history, and that is why i speak for audiences in seattle. i give lectures at colleges, and afterward i feel good about myself. before, i felt like i wasn't doing anything important, but after finding out that one of my audience members, who had known nothing about this situation the world is in, actually traveled half way around the world and she herself gave actual food to the actual people with her own hands. i felt proud. one less hungry person equals one piece of a better world.

and i'm not one of those people who don't beleive in "spirituality" or any of those hippies. they freak me out. in fact, i'm sort of the anti-hippie. i love clothes, buys, and i have like a milion hair products, makeup, clothes, posters, and magazines where i live.

my family has a loooooooooooooooooong history.

and yup yup yup! orlando's british ! that should be clear.

lotsoflove,
milla

P.S. i didn't have enough energy to read every single word of your guys' loong posts buti got a lot of it!

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Tue Dec 31, 2002 2:31 am

North Americans eat way too much fast food thats for sure. I have never known anyone here to do that with their lunch. But school for me was a life time away.

Here is my current wallaper, off topic but lets enjoy the salty goodness

http://members.fortunecity.co.uk/obfan/wallpaper/orliwalltanuki-t.jpghttp://members.fortunecity.co.uk/obfan/wal...alltanuki-t.jpg

iluvorlandobloom

Postby iluvorlandobloom » Tue Dec 31, 2002 12:01 pm

Most moviegoers aren't lovestruck fools? Well, I'm just not most moviegoers, then...<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>CUZ I LOOOOOVE ORLANDO!!!!</span></span> ^_^ :P :D :lol: :rolleyes: :wub: :biggrin: :hug: :blowkiss: :lonely: :please: pLEASE send orli to me! :pray: :whistle:

iluvorlandobloom

Postby iluvorlandobloom » Tue Dec 31, 2002 12:34 pm

Claire-Top 3 of middle earth: number 3 is Haldier of Lothlorien, number 2 is Aragorn, number 1 is LEGOLAS (derr)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CUZ I LUV ORLI AND LEGOLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and yes, I do know they are different ppl and I DO seperate the man from the actor. yea, I think I've gone mad... :P

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:07 pm

yes, iluvorlandobloom, you have gone mad. where were you born, how old are you, why did you move to orli's hometown, and, most importantly, wuts up???

lotsoflove,
milla

P.S. it would be great if you gave me a name so i don't hav to type that long account name of yours, plus it's just better.

Lovvee!

And nice choice for your wallpaper. i have something like it, but it's in color. :D

iluvorlandobloom

Postby iluvorlandobloom » Wed Jan 01, 2003 3:01 pm

1. I was born in North Carolina
2. I'm 25, 26 on January 13 (same as Orli!!! yay!)
3. I moved to Canterbury because I wanted to spend a year in England after I got out of college and I just never wanted to leave (especially since I'm waiting for Orli to visit his mum's), and
4. Not much. I am bored beyond the valley of Bordi-ness and into the Universe of the Dull. and you?
5. name=Kalalaine, but that's really long, so my friends call me Kally (go figure).

lots o' luv,
Kally

iluvorlandobloom

Postby iluvorlandobloom » Wed Jan 01, 2003 3:10 pm

Oh! and my wallpaper is hilarious. I can't find it on the web, so I will just describe it. It is two black and white photos of Orli, one of him chewing a thumbnail and the other is of him bracing his arms on a car, sorta staring off. they are on a grey background and it says on it: I'm looking for this guy, has anyone seen him? And then it says Orlando on one pic and Bloom on the other. It looks quite good.

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Thu Jan 02, 2003 5:48 pm

Hey, Kally! (born the same date as OB!)

And you seem to love elves!

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Thu Jan 02, 2003 5:52 pm

And, Laura, if you're from Scotland, do you have that amazing accent? I'm studying it, but only from a show on TV. I think it's harder to understand than British E and even Irish. I've never met Scottish, but I've met English and Irish (live!) and I get on well with them, but I want to see Scottish also.....

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Thu Jan 02, 2003 5:54 pm

...oh, and people are going lovestruck in theatres - for hobbits...

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sun Jan 05, 2003 10:58 am

I am French, I've been living there for more than 4 months, and like most immigrants, I very quickly caught teh accent. So, yes, I have a slight Scottish accent. It's not very difficult to understand, what's difficult is Broad Scot and the variety of dialects. But it's really funny to hear, and the accent is really cute. Scotland is really interesting and worth studying. If you want to talk with Scots and no more about it go there scotland.com/forums.........;posts everyday and very cool people!!!!

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:36 pm

Oh, thanks again, Laura! SO, you - immigrant?

I'm trying out the accent tomorrow at school....

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:24 pm

Good luck for tomorrow. It's quite simple, they have a few words which are typically Scottish like "glenn" which is a valley, "wee" which means "little" in the Grampian (north east) and they roll their "r" but not like Italians or Arabs, it's softer. Also the pronounce the "h" in every word starting with "wh". They don't say "wiski" but "h-wiski" to say "whisky" do you know what I mean? Anyway, just wanted to give you some substance for tomorrow ;)

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:37 pm

Ooh, great thanks for the tips! :)

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:52 pm

"nae bother lass!" Here to help, hope it'll be usefull! :)

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Jan 05, 2003 4:59 pm

It's a funny line! :)

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sun Jan 05, 2003 5:03 pm

Hell yeah! Scottish words are so cute, they sound so funny! A lass in the east coast is a girl, in the west coast it's a boy and "lassie" is the girl. "Mannie" is a man and "loon" is a boy in the east coast.........Now I think I seriously should stop with that, I just love all Scottish related things :wub:

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Jan 05, 2003 5:07 pm

And the Scottish guys, too?

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sun Jan 05, 2003 5:19 pm

:lol: :lol: that's my girl!!! very good questions. teh sentence "Hot Scots" makes sense only in Glasgow and a little bit in Edinburgh, that's where all Hotties live. The hot ones where I live are South American or Carrabean immigrants............who's complaining???

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

</span>

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sun Jan 05, 2003 5:28 pm

Oh, God... :o

Laura is always getting the guys... At least seems to. :( Here is like total amoc - all the guys around me are computer buffs, football players or the total nerds...

laura l
Supreme Member

Postby laura l » Sun Jan 05, 2003 5:33 pm

:lol: Claire my dear, I decided long ago that Europe was not the right place for guys, at least for my kind of guys. So I very seriously plan to move to South America, to a porr country which will probably be in a civil war, but the guys ARE worth it!

Return to “Orlando Bloom”