Mistakes in 'Two Towers' do fans an injustice

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:22 pm

Hola!

Hey, hi, and don't bother for me in here I sometimes lead crazy o/t hobbit conversations :lol:

Great that you're new and you came exactly here! Welcome!

And and I agree with you about the changes - great movie, totally exceptional, but not quite the same. Still doesn't bother my sense of appreciating it! :lol:

Hi, once again.

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:16 pm

jeez, give the producers a break! they all worked really hard! i don't think anybody can actually tell the story the same way that tolkein did. it's virtually impossible. the written word is so much different. that's what i think. feel free to object, agree, and/or argue about the silliest of things. that's what i do.

lotsoflove

misilva17

Postby misilva17 » Wed Jan 08, 2003 2:07 pm

There are too many things to wory about than what some people may think of the movie, I am 30 and I loved the movie. Sooooooo.........Whats up with that?

Achtung Baby

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Thu Jan 09, 2003 6:33 pm

And don't forget there is difference between "changes from the book" which are intentional of course, and "mistakes in editing" which only total dorks notice and really doesn't matter.

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Thu Jan 09, 2003 11:31 pm

you girls read my mind. :D

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sat Jan 11, 2003 5:04 pm

Yes? The changes from the book kill me. Sometimes. Just when I think about it.

blueberry

Postby blueberry » Sat Jan 11, 2003 7:12 pm

I have to agree with claire. only dorks notice the mistakes. personally i don't understand how people can watch the movie and come out listing all the mistakes.

hope im not butting in.

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Sat Jan 11, 2003 7:50 pm

Like I said, being a dork means nothing regarding the book. The books are amazing and I was disappointed with how they ended the movie vs how they ended the book. But that does not mean I don't love the movie

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sat Jan 11, 2003 7:55 pm

Helena wrote: Like I said, being a dork means nothing regarding the book. The books are amazing and I was disappointed with how they ended the movie vs how they ended the book. But that does not mean I don't love the movie

Sometimes you just read my mind here.

And I was also disappointed of the end. Like it was cut in fromt of me. I expected a scene with the Palantir and they never explained throughout the whole movie what was the connection between the two towers (and that's the title after all, people ask themselves questions) I think the bond between them is important so the palantir scene should be in this movie. I'm not even sure they will keep it...

And I love the movie too...

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Sat Jan 11, 2003 8:23 pm

I thought they did? There was a part when Christopher Lee was talking about the union of the two towers, the tower of Isengard and the tower of MOrder. Who would fight them. Let me find the transcript

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sat Jan 11, 2003 8:29 pm

Well, I don't think they mentioned the palantir. They showed it, but the exact function of this wasn't explained. That's what I meant. Actually most people didn't pay attention to it. And they showed the tower of Barad-dur just once. Most people wondered, because they hadn't read it, that's all.

I just wanted that scene for myself. Pippin would be fun, holding such an important object. :lol:

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Sat Jan 11, 2003 8:36 pm

Yea I remember those parts. I think perhaps some of the second book will be carried into the third movie.

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sat Jan 11, 2003 8:46 pm

Oh, yes, Shelob for sure will be there! And I hope for a Pippin scene!

I'm waiting for so much from ROTK, like the character of Denetor for example, or Merry/Pippin like superheroes (finally!), Sam/Frodo - uber-dramatic sequences and of course - THE Happy end (clue - wedding!)

A Big cheer for everyone as impatient as me :)

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Sat Jan 11, 2003 9:22 pm

Have you seen the pictures from The Return of the Ring calander? It will answer at least one of your concerns. I have not finished reading Return of the King yet. I hope Leggie Lulu has a big role

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sat Jan 11, 2003 9:33 pm

Oops! You haven't read it to the end! I will never spill spoilers again.

I saw the calendar photographs. The Aragorn one is great. And of course the Merry/Pip and Sam/Frodo ones!

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:57 pm

lol@genna on you not being the writer!

still i enjoyed reading this.....it's been so long since i read the books that it was nice reading over the stuff the writer said....and this is why i'm no noticing any of the stuff you guys are....

Nessa P

Postby Nessa P » Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:25 am

Even though parts were missing i still loved it. The part they left out was not only those but where Aragorn rejects Eowyn that was in the TT book but is going to in ROTK. But i guess they cant put everything in there otherwise it would exceed 3 hours.

Orli

Postby Orli » Fri Jan 24, 2003 11:28 pm

I think that some importent parts were left out, and other ones not so important put in. I mean I understand that they (movie people) have to adapt it to be playable and apealing to people but some times you shouldn't mess with a novle. I really wanted to she Shelob in TTT but that is left till RotK. I mean they are just leaving a lot til lthe 3rd movie.( how long will that be) I still love the movie, but there could be a lot of changes.
Adios

Return to “Orlando Bloom”