Script Review Of Troy!

marine*
Supreme Member

Script Review Of Troy!

Postby marine* » Sat Feb 15, 2003 12:15 am

here you go......

The Stax Report: Script Review of Troy
Stax looks at the script for the upcoming historical epic starring Brad Pitt and Eric Bana, to be directed by Wolfgang Petersen!

November 14, 2002 - Stax here with my reaction to the screenplay for Troy! This 157-page draft by David Benioff (Stay, The 25th Hour) is loosely based on Homer's The Iliad. Brad Pitt, Eric Bana and Orlando Bloom will star for director Wolfgang Petersen. Recent reports suggest that Claire Forlani (Meet Joe Black), Emilio Estevez (Mission: Impossible), and Oscar-nominee Michael Clarke Duncan (Daredevil) are also in negotiations to join the Village Roadshow/Warner Brothers project. Troy will film in London, Malta and Morocco this spring for a 2004 release.

Troy is only loosely based on The Iliad, Homer's classic tale of the Trojan War. Deleted from this account is much of the Greek mythology that peppers Homer's story. The gods, although often mentioned, are not characters here at all; gone, too, are such famous episodes as "the judgment of Paris." Instead, Troy offers a realistic depiction of a historical event – the Trojan War – long thought to have been a mere myth until Heinrich Schliemann proved otherwise.

movies.ign.com/articles/376/376848p1.html

crappologist

Postby crappologist » Sat Feb 15, 2003 5:08 am

hey claire forlani is kinda cool, i dont mind! heh

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Sat Feb 15, 2003 1:08 pm

Helen? Is that me Helena?

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Sat Feb 15, 2003 1:18 pm

Yep, you have the same name! :D

marine*
Supreme Member

Postby marine* » Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:51 pm

<span style='color:purple'>HELENA!!! take your chance girl.................kick forlanis butt and do it yourself!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lick: :drool: </span>

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Sat Feb 15, 2003 4:07 pm

No I know who Helen of Troy was or is. I thought the name Helen and Claire were ment for posters of the board. I thought it was addressed to me

marine*
Supreme Member

Postby marine* » Sat Feb 15, 2003 4:17 pm

Helena wrote: No I know who Helen of Troy was or is. I thought the name Helen and Claire were ment for posters of the board. I thought it was addressed to me

nasty girl!!! :angry:

you didnt read the whole post at first...............

sorry it wasnt you they are talking about!!!

but we will see....................never say never :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:54 pm

thanks for posting....interesting article and the movie sounds really good.....when is it suppose to come out?

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Sun Feb 16, 2003 9:07 pm

May 21st, 2004

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Sun Feb 16, 2003 9:14 pm

thanks helena......oh, :huh: 2004 huh?

Helena
Abstracts Royalty

Postby Helena » Sun Feb 16, 2003 9:32 pm

Yea they have not even started filiming it. They will start in August of this year I beleive.

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:33 pm

First they had to start right after the Oscar fever passes, somewhere between April and May this year, but then put it off a lttle, cause they don't have Illyssius yet, and some of the locations are not arranged.
They have to start right after Eric Bana promotes "The Hulk" in June.

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:39 pm

The best thing about Troy will be that they are gonna put a lot of money in it, and make it worth-watching. Lots of effects, all-star cast, experienced director and probably memorable sets.

The worst part is that the script requires to be much different from Greek mithology - the Gods are removed from it. And in Greek mithology, the Gods are like 50 % of people's life. I don't know how Achilles is going to handle it! Against Hector I mean. Hector was always my prefferable character. Sorry, if the others find Achilles' dramatic performance more appealing.

PervyHobbitFancier
Advanced Member

Postby PervyHobbitFancier » Sun Feb 23, 2003 9:41 am

claire, youre right. it will be worth watching, and it does leave out a lot of stuff without the gods.

i remember in 7th grade we had to do these mythology dictionary things, it took forever to get all the gods and myths behind the gods, and what the gods were for, so the movie would probably be extremely long if they didnt leave the gods out.

if i remember correctly....one of the gods was protecting troy, but they didnt give a sacrafice one timr or something, so the god left them, and thats a kind of big part also, because the gods did favor some people over others, and thats one of the myths about how troy was able to be defeated. im not sure which god it was...i think it was actually a goddess....ill try to find my old papers....

....wow....shut up much?.....

Claire
Supreme Member

Postby Claire » Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:12 am

It's Athens. Or Athina? I don't know her name in English, but she was the goddess supposed to protect Troy, but she got angry with them and started protecting the others. Achilles. It was 8th grade here! And that epic is really extremely long. it will be much shorter in the movie, probably.

They start in April, it won't be delayed!

PervyHobbitFancier
Advanced Member

Postby PervyHobbitFancier » Thu Feb 27, 2003 3:42 pm

heh, yeah. I couldnt remember, that was a while ago and i cant even remember yesterday! :lol:

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Thu Feb 27, 2003 8:36 pm

it's athena. and to just bring controversy to tis subject, i don't think forlani is beutiful enough to be helen.

marine*
Supreme Member

Postby marine* » Sat Mar 01, 2003 2:39 pm

yeah milla i agree!!!

what about salma blair???

i mean shes also not the perfect beauty but far more interesting then forlani

and a better actress.........with some hair extensions[we all know thats easy to do :D ]and the right dress she would be less boyish and probably do a great job......who knows

Return to “Orlando Bloom”