Who Plays Helen Now

marine*
Supreme Member

Postby marine* » Sun Mar 02, 2003 12:41 pm

http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/manhattan/enigma/_group_photos/dougray_scott3.jpgsaffron burrows
Heartbeat, why do you skip? However big their American stars, almost every epic film needs one special X-factor to help ensure box-office allure. One of those? An irresistible British leading lady, of course. Bodacious Mr Brad Pitt has already signed up to star as Achilles in Troy , Mr Wolfgang Petersen's forthcoming adaptation of Homer's The Iliad. Beefy Mr Eric Bana will occupy Hector's house. But the febrile cinematic world is still alive with excitement. Who on earth is to play minxy Helen of Troy when filming begins later this year? 'Wolfgang's poised to secure Saffron Burrows,' confides our fly-on-the-wall above the Warner Brothers' casting-couch. 'She's stunning. And she's got all the elan that gives a movie true class.' Could anyone who saw scrumptious Saffron in Timecode or Deep Blue Sea possibly disagree?

<span style='color:orange'>so what do you think???</span>

chamorru81

Postby chamorru81 » Sun Mar 02, 2003 7:37 pm

from what i know saffron is playing hektors wife . something that begins with an A :D i cant remember lol it would be cool if she did play helen though but i dont think helen has been cast yet or at least not announced. :P

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Sun Mar 02, 2003 7:40 pm

ummmmm....that's helen?

Orli

Postby Orli » Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:12 am

:blink: errrrrrr ok. I dont know who should play Helen but I cantr wait to see this movie. I love greek and Roman mythology! I mean I loved all the stuff we have had to do for school it just all is sooo interesting!

chamorru81

Postby chamorru81 » Mon Mar 03, 2003 2:50 am

this is what the orlando bloom fans message board has as the confirmed cast list:

Orlando Bloom .... Paris
Eric Bana .... Hector, Prince of Troy
Brad Pitt .... Achilles
Sean Bean .... Odysseus
Peter O'Toole ....Priam
Saffron Burrows ....Andromache
Brendan Gleeson .... Menelaos
Brian Cox .... Agamemnon
Julie Christie .... Thetis

im excited for this movie im sure whoever helen is it will be good. its so hard to chose someone since everyones idea of beauty is so diff, so hopefully whoever it is will be pretty but also a good actress.(and hopefully married lol just kidding!!!) :P

Ranaiel

Postby Ranaiel » Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:59 pm

She looks real pretty (too pretty, in fact, I better blind-fold Orli if he's going to work with her...lol, just kidding........or am I?). <_< :huh: ;) :lol: :D :P

Anyways, I can definitely see the elegance that Petersen is talking about.

Orli

Postby Orli » Mon Mar 03, 2003 7:12 pm

Yeah Sean Bean is going to be in it? YEah I love sean bean he is soo cool!!! Eh, i don't like brad pitt (fights a gag reflex) bu tthis looks like a cool movie, lots of fight sequences i bet. So cool i love adventure movies! This rocks!

PervyHobbitFancier
Advanced Member

Postby PervyHobbitFancier » Mon Mar 03, 2003 7:38 pm

orli, how can you not like brad pitt? psshh...i thought you were cool.

ha, jk jk. but i gues she is pretty, but i dont think pretty enough to be the most beautiful girl in the world, which is what helen is supposed to be, but she isnt really that bad looking....

Orli

Postby Orli » Mon Mar 03, 2003 8:08 pm

How can I not like Brad Pitt? Let me count the ways! LOL I just don't. I don't really like "Blonde" boys, I go for the darker kind of man, you wanna see go check out For the Ladies on Other actors, ahhhhhh Raul! lol

PervyHobbitFancier
Advanced Member

Postby PervyHobbitFancier » Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:04 pm

Orli wrote: How can I not like Brad Pitt? Let me count the ways! LOL I just don't. I don't really like "Blonde" boys, I go for the darker kind of man, you wanna see go check out For the Ladies on Other actors, ahhhhhh Raul! lol

hehe :lol:

PervyHobbitFancier
Advanced Member

Postby PervyHobbitFancier » Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:11 pm

According to columnists Marilyn Beck and Stacy Jenel Smith, via Coming Soon, the search is on for the right actress to play the female lead of "Helen" in director Wolfgang Petersen's forthcoming epic, Troy. Brad Pitt and Eric Bana will star (as "Achilles" and "Hector", respectively) in the Warner Brothers project. Production will commence this spring in London, Morocco and Malta. The screenplay by David Benioff reportedly draws liberally from Homer's The Iliad.

so, they have no helen!

Orli

Postby Orli » Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:09 pm

Now is that what they say? Because they could still have her, she just prolly wont have any speaking parts in it, you know like just a prerunner for background info of the story. (like what they did in LOTR)

chamorru81

Postby chamorru81 » Thu Mar 06, 2003 1:47 am

do you mean helen wont have any lines??? i doubt it. im pretty sure she will have a decent amount of screen time and lines since she is a pretty big part of this war. besides i dont think they would not have scenes with orlando and her together to steam it up :P plus they probably wanna put as much of her in it as possible since there will so many guys they need a woman to make it more marketable. im thinking they either really dont have a helen yet(which sucks cuz i hope they dont just pick anyone since filming starts soon), or they have someone but want to keep it secret as long as they can to build interest in the movie. :D

PervyHobbitFancier
Advanced Member

Postby PervyHobbitFancier » Fri Mar 07, 2003 7:05 pm

chamorru81 wrote: do you mean helen wont have any lines??? i doubt it. im pretty sure she will have a decent amount of screen time and lines since she is a pretty big part of this war. besides i dont think they would not have scenes with orlando and her together to steam it up :P plus they probably wanna put as much of her in it as possible since there will so many guys they need a woman to make it more marketable. im thinking they either really dont have a helen yet(which sucks cuz i hope they dont just pick anyone since filming starts soon), or they have someone but want to keep it secret as long as they can to build interest in the movie. :D

for real. I mean, Helen and paris going away together caused the entire freaking war....

Return to “Orlando Bloom”