Elvish Writing

iluvorlandobloom

Postby iluvorlandobloom » Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:27 am

I've been dying to learn how to write in Elvish. I don't just mean the language, but the alphabet as well. Does anyone know where I can download it as a font for Word or something? If you do, that would be great! If I get it, I'll send it to anyone who asks for it! I love you all!!

May dreams of Orli fill your head! You know, the kind that make you blush because you're embarrassed that your mind could possibly conjure up such thoughts...what? You were talking to me? You want me to shut up now? Ok, can do! :lol: No, I'm not completely and utterly mad, just not entirely right in the head.

Orli

Postby Orli » Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:56 pm

HEhehehehhe i thouhg i was the only one (well besides some of my friends) who wanted to do that! Ok there are lots of sites to do this at. 1st thing that you need to download a fond onto your comp is winzip.(well it depends what i kind of computer you have if you have a PC then i can help if you have a Imac i have noooooo clueee) Ok if you dont have WinZip then type it into the search engine and download it. (its free) Then you need to find sites with it on, here is one. barrowdowns.com/Fonts.asp?Size=http://www.barrowdowns.com/Fonts.asp?Size= OK so click on the one that you want, so far I have only been able to fing tengwar ( the one taht appears on the One Ring) Ok so anyways click on the fonf and click save, then when it asks you were to save it to click my computer then go to drive C then open the windows folder and in there there is a folder called FONTS save it in there. Then to write with it just open Microsoft word and go to fonts and just change the font. It sooo cool i have lots of font from tolkien but have only been able to find tengwar whick kinda sucks because there are lots of really cool ones. And i know how to actually write in a elvish font. Quenya, its soo cool. My friend bought a book from Borders about the languges that tolkien invented and it had it in there, soooo cool.
Well thats about it if there is anything i can help you with just ask

toodles!!!

PervyHobbitFancier
Advanced Member

Postby PervyHobbitFancier » Fri Mar 07, 2003 7:08 pm

iluvorlandobloom wrote: I've been dying to learn how to write in Elvish. I don't just mean the language, but the alphabet as well. Does anyone know where I can download it as a font for Word or something? If you do, that would be great! If I get it, I'll send it to anyone who asks for it! I love you all!!

May dreams of Orli fill your head! You know, the kind that make you blush because you're embarrassed that your mind could possibly conjure up such thoughts...what? You were talking to me? You want me to shut up now? Ok, can do! :lol: No, I'm not completely and utterly mad, just not entirely right in the head.

hehe, you guys crack me up! :lol:

iluvorlandobloom

Postby iluvorlandobloom » Sun Mar 09, 2003 7:23 pm

Thanks, Orli! I luv ya! I got it up and running. I'm so proud of me...thanks again!

Milla
Ultra Member

Postby Milla » Sun Mar 09, 2003 11:28 pm

i don't need to bother with my computer.....there's these boys down the street that speak to one another in elvish. all i need is to send them a little note, and they'll give me their dictionary. i know the letters and sounds and stuff, cuz they sound exactly like arabic! whoo!

Orli

Postby Orli » Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:25 pm

Whoa that is sooooo cool. Actually i think that elvish (well it depends on which one) sounds a little like spanish. Like the vowles and stuff. I mean i can read it(when it is english font) and pretty much have a good pronouceation. Its soo cool though. See it wasn't that hard to do huh? HEheheh it tok me like 4 days to finally figure it out. The site that i got it from didn't have directions up so i spent 4 days trying to do and i finally did. The nafter i was finished i felt real dumb about how easy it was.Hehehehhe

Naneth lîn mant hû nîn. Here is a little bit of elvish.(Quenya)
Anybody know what it means? HEhehhee

Return to “Orlando Bloom”