Just A Rumor! (((strange)))

marine*
Supreme Member

Postby marine* » Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:54 am

<span style='color:purple'>found this on a movie discussion board...no idea if this is relieable!!!
who is TIEN? the one with the third eye on his forehead?</span>

HUGH JACKMAN ROCKS!!! B)

Cast?
The most interesting part of the news, it seems that neither of the fan favourites Jet Lee and Jackie Chan have been cast. The cast is quite... weird. Hugh Jackman, who plays Wolverine in X-men and it's upcoming sequel, X-2, has been cast as Goku, <span style='color:red'>and Legolas lovers will rejoice in the news that Orlando Bloom has been cast as Tien. </span>Jessica Alba from the hit series "Dark Angel" has been cast as Bulma, but rest assured, she WILL have blue hair. Vegeta has not yet been cast, but negotiations are taking place with Ray Park, who played Toad in X-men and Darth Maul in Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace. There has also been a fan-petition to cast Jack Black, Tenacious D's lead singer, as Yajirobe, and after the first week 500 signatures were sent to FOX. Oolong, Puar and King Kai will be Computer Generated.

Storyline?
Alright, this has some shocks, so brace yourself. The flick will be based on the Saiya-jin Saga, but for the most part FOX and script-writer Tedi Sarafian have created their own story for it. After Goku is sent to earth as a baby we see him grow up, until the point where he meets Piccolo, who after an all out battle teaches him to use ki blasts and tells him about the dragonballs. We skip ahead a few years where Goku wins a martial-arts tourny by beating Krillin, Tien, Yamcha and... brace yourself... friggin' BULMA! Yup, Bulma's a fighter, because FOX wanted at least one female fighter. It depends on how this is done, but if done tastefully it's a fine change, as Jessica Alba is cast as Bulma. Skip ahead a little more to Raditz's Arrival. Apparently the evil Saiya-jin kills Krillin, before getting killed himself, and when Goku talks about reviving Krillin with the Dragonballs Vegeta hears it through the Scouter. It takes the Royal Saiya-jin two years to get to earth in which Goku has married and gotten a son, namely Gohan. I think we all know what happens next.

georgyporgy
Supreme Member

Postby georgyporgy » Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:34 am

A Dragonball movie? That is odd! But I'm an avid watcher of it too, the anime series that is.

Tien must be the bald-headed guy. But he's bulky, Orli doesn't have the body to portray him.

marine*
Supreme Member

Postby marine* » Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:42 am

OK.....i could find out who they are talking about!!!
yep,its the bald headed guy with the third eye on his forehead!
the full name is TIEN SHINHAN,thats why i didn't got it at first!

here some pics!!!
animecowboy.com/gallery/Dragon_Ball/Tien/ten7.jpgno°1
animecowboy.com/gallery/Dragon_Ball/Tien/tena4.jpgno°2
animecowboy.com/gallery/Dragon_Ball/Tien/tenb4.jpgno°3
compare yourself...i think he could do it!!!
theorlandobloomfiles.com/pictures/candid/cannes5.jpgno°1
theorlandobloomfiles.com/pictures/candid2/cannes11.jpgno°2
theorlandobloomfiles.com/pictures/tv/sizzlin16/sizzlin10.jpgno°3
((( CUT 'N PASTE!)))
man...i wonder how they'll put all those special effects into that movie.
but i like the idea of OB with one more of his beautiful eyes ;) :lol:
...im not a dragon ball fan but along with vegeta,that small crappy badguy
i like tien best!!!hell alright look at the muscles...OB will have to shape up
to play him... :drool: cant wait!

for the insiders:
this is so cute...reminds me of V-man and the VEGETARIAN-thingy!!!theorlandobloomfiles.com/pictures/tv/regis/orlandoregis67.jpg:wub:°°°OOH!
*t h i n k i n g*

georgyporgy
Supreme Member

Postby georgyporgy » Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:10 am

Yep, the special effects should be awesome. The anime series involves a lot of flying & fighting. It's gonna be quite a challenge to try to put it into a movie with real characters.

marine*
Supreme Member

Postby marine* » Fri Apr 25, 2003 4:12 am

haha i just read that a lot of dragon ball fans are all f***ed up cause they
want mostly asian or at least asian looking actors to play the characters!!!
but since this is not going to be one of those more "traditional" chinese martial arts movies ì'd suggest to mix it all up!!!
and like in most animes,the animators made the most characters look more
european...there you go!!! hugh jackman as son goku is just perfect...
ok he has the same hairstyle as wolverine in X-Men but also brings enough
cheekyness to get it done well...remember KATE&LEOPOLD,there he was kinda cute and funny!!!

i really wonder if all that is true!!! hmmm..... :rolleyes:

marine*
Supreme Member

Postby marine* » Fri Apr 25, 2003 4:15 am

im imagining hugh jackman copying son gokus eating habits!!!
definetely the hardest part of it!!! poor guy...he'll end up as an anorectic
cause he cant see any foods after the movie is done!!! :huh: :lol:

sing_for_the_moment

Postby sing_for_the_moment » Fri Apr 25, 2003 5:49 pm

that is really strange.

georgyporgy
Supreme Member

Postby georgyporgy » Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:36 pm

Hugh as Son Gokou should prove to be a challenge. Wonder what he'll look like when Gokou transforms into a Super Saiyan with the blond hair & all?

~*~ArWeN~*~

Postby ~*~ArWeN~*~ » Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:28 am

ok first of all, that rumor is false, well the hugh jackman part of it. he will be commited to playing in the Australian stage show, "Rio" that will be done in New york strangely and that will take up the next 15 months. Also, he is just putting finishing touches on his movie that will be released during the time he will be doing the stage production!

I love dragon ballz, but i really don't think they will be making it into a movie Sorry guys!

little_aims

Postby little_aims » Wed Apr 30, 2003 7:35 am

Ugh.... Dragonballs... I really, really hope Orlando is NOT doing it, or I will find him and projectile vomit all over him! I can't stand animae....

leg_less_lass

Postby leg_less_lass » Wed Apr 30, 2003 12:40 pm

neither can i

iluvorlandobloom

Postby iluvorlandobloom » Sun May 18, 2003 6:27 pm

I just can't see him doing that...personally, I hope he doesn't. :no:

Lydstar4

Postby Lydstar4 » Mon May 19, 2003 2:36 am

Speaking of strange movies with Orlando Bloom, apparently he's been sent the script for "Revelations" some strange movie about the world ending or vampires or something. They've also sent the script to Jessica Alba. It says "the trilogy" will be shot back to back. As well as that there's rumour of him being involved with the "West Memphis Three" who were accused of murdering some eight year old boys, and every-one thinks are innocent. Some how I don't think he's going to do that one since the director said he was cosidering him, and I think the guy he was going to portray has an IQ of something like 75. AND he's apparently also going to be in "The Remains of the Piano" where he will play Daniel Day-Lewis. Yes. I am afraid.

georgyporgy
Supreme Member

Postby georgyporgy » Mon May 19, 2003 3:29 am

^^ Thanks for posting! Those are really weird movies.

Lydstar4

Postby Lydstar4 » Fri May 23, 2003 3:11 am

Oh, and there was another rumour about him wanting to do the Dan Eldon story, who was a journalist who was killed in Somalia in 1993. On the official website it also said Dan Eldon's mother also thought Orlando was a good choice.

georgyporgy
Supreme Member

Postby georgyporgy » Fri May 23, 2003 7:54 am

That's interesting! It should be a good vehicle for him to showcase his acting prowess.

iluvorlandobloom

Postby iluvorlandobloom » Sat May 24, 2003 6:45 pm

Hey, Lyd, d'you have the URL for that site you mentioned earlier? I sorta want to see it. It sounds interesting! His second movie about Somalia in '93...think he's starting a trend? If he takes the role, that is. His career is really jump-starting! :clap: :yay:

Lydstar4

Postby Lydstar4 » Sun May 25, 2003 5:26 am

can't make links. there's the address for it. http://www.daneldon.org/resources/news_events/film.htm

Also Geoffrey Rush has also signed on for "Remains of the Piano" if any-one is interested.

Lydstar4

Postby Lydstar4 » Mon May 26, 2003 3:32 am

Have also made mistake about "Revelations" which I mentioned earlier, the official website for it is here: http://www.thetruthishere.com/ and it's... strange I guess. I read the original screenplay for it, and I'm not sure whether the book is different, but it doesn't seem as though there are many main parts. It's v. strange, maybe some-one else could give it a read? :blink:

Personally I think he MIGHT do "Remains of the Piano" and I think there's a good chance he'll do the as yet untitled Dan Eldon film. Am quite sure he won't do other films afore mentioned.

And just another thought: if Orlando is going to be in "Remains of the Piano" with Geoffrey Rush, doesn't this mean Geoffrey Rush is like, stalking him? There's "Ned Kelly", "Pirates of the Caribbean:Curse of the Black Pearl" and now maybe this. Or maybe it's the other way around... :P

georgyporgy
Supreme Member

Postby georgyporgy » Thu May 29, 2003 2:24 am

Let's hope it's pure coincidence. :lol:

Return to “Orlando Bloom”