Troy

PervyHobbitFancier
Advanced Member

Postby PervyHobbitFancier » Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:57 pm

ok, i remember a while ago we were talking about the movie Troy, and we didnt know who was playing Helen. well, its Diane Kruger. And i am having a hell of a time finding a good picture of her. also, the lists of actors i looked at (2 or 3 different ones) didnt say who was playing Cassandra and Helenus, and they are REALLLLLY important for the story, so they cant leave them out, because well, they wouldnt have had the Trojan horse idea. Does anybody know who plays them?

georgyporgy
Supreme Member

Postby georgyporgy » Sun Aug 10, 2003 7:35 pm

No idea at all. But I know its tentative release date is in May.

Lydstar4

Postby Lydstar4 » Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:51 am

I found out the Diane Kruger thing ages ago. Guess I forgot to mention it.. Yeah, I wonder who is playing Priam's children (well not all of them, the main ones!) It's always about Hector and Paris (and Achilles. I am really sick of him. Brad Pitt sucks). I was talking to my history teacher the other day (she seemed very interested in Orlando Bloom.. I'm a bit wigged out) and she asked the same thing.

PervyHobbitFancier
Advanced Member

Postby PervyHobbitFancier » Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:38 pm

found a picture! woohoo me.

online-shrine.com/kruger/index.phpIts here if anybody wants to see it.

i mean, she is v. v. pretty. but i dunno about pretiest woman in the world...but hey, that would be REALLY hard to find, wouldnt it. :)

renee
Abstracts Royalty

Postby renee » Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:00 pm

she is pretty....i can't wait to see this movie

georgyporgy
Supreme Member

Postby georgyporgy » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:54 pm

Brad plays Achilles? So what is Orli's character?

PervyHobbitFancier
Advanced Member

Postby PervyHobbitFancier » Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:24 pm

Orlando plays Paris. The prince of troy who comes and steals Helen away from sparta. This being the reason for the war. but it really does have a good cast. I think eric bana is in there, and he was the guy in The Hul i think. And Sean Bean is going to br Odyssius.

But ive heard somethings about my question. some people say that they might just have Odyssius think of the horse instead of Helenus.
But i think that Elijah Wood would have made a very good Helenus if he had his hair Frodo style.

Lydstar4

Postby Lydstar4 » Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:14 pm

Yeah, Eric Bana is in The Hulk, and this will be his second film w. Orli (Black Hawk Down being the first). I don't know about Eric Bana being Hector, I used to watch him on this Australian skit show, and I can't take him seriously now.

georgyporgy
Supreme Member

Postby georgyporgy » Sat Aug 23, 2003 1:01 am

Wow, Orli's playing a love triangle with Brad. He's getting meatier roles. And I read he did more scenes for ROTK. Maybe next year he'll be topbilling a Hollywood movie on his own. :)

I remember the story of Helen, Paris & the Trojan War from my English Lit. class but it was some time ago I forgot the characters & the details of the story already.

PervyHobbitFancier
Advanced Member

Postby PervyHobbitFancier » Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:45 pm

i cant wait for this movie. it 2 of my obessions in one! First being Orlando, of course, and Greek Mythology is another obssesion, particularly the Trojan war. But i really cant imagine how they are going to put it all together. There are so many different versions. In some Helen has only 1 or 2 lines, but one of my favorite book's 'Escaping the walls of Troy' does the book from the view of helen and cassandra, who both have very few lines in other tellings. Im just so excited about this movie!! :lol:

Lydstar4

Postby Lydstar4 » Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:41 am

Wow, Orli's playing a love triangle with Brad.

Wha-? Love triangle with Brad? Didn't Paris nick (or abducted, either way) Helen from Menelaus? As far as I know Achilles had nothing to do with it, and they said his love interest was Brisies (played by Rose Byrne).
I still think they should've included the gods in the story-line.

georgyporgy
Supreme Member

Postby georgyporgy » Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:50 am

^^ Told you my Greek mythology is rusty. :D Now that you've mentioned it, I remember now that it's not Achilles who was involved in the love triangle. I really need to read the book again.

PervyHobbitFancier
Advanced Member

Postby PervyHobbitFancier » Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:45 pm

Lydstar4 wrote: and they said his love interest was Brisies (played by Rose Byrne).

Wait, Achillies was in love with cassandra's sister? I cant remember her name at the moment and cant find my book, but wasnt her name like, polyxena or something?

Lydstar4

Postby Lydstar4 » Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:33 am

Well they said she would, and if she is, then it's not the first time that the movie hasn't stayed true to the book. Maybe they're wrong, but they (whoever they are *looks around*) say that Rose Byrne was playing Brad Pitt's love interest. Whether she's playing Brisies (I'm sure they spelled it different) or Polywhatsit :D

georgyporgy
Supreme Member

Postby georgyporgy » Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:29 pm

The thing that struck me the most about the story is how airy Helen was. She'd go where the men told her to go. <_<

PervyHobbitFancier
Advanced Member

Postby PervyHobbitFancier » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:02 pm

georgyporgy wrote: The thing that struck me the most about the story is how airy Helen was. She'd go where the men told her to go. <_<

Well, I dont know how well she could fight it, going off with Paris, i mean, the gods promised Helen to Paris, plus he was like, the prettiest guy in the world so...

georgyporgy
Supreme Member

Postby georgyporgy » Sat Sep 06, 2003 6:30 am

The Iliad just shows how women are regarded during those times. Fickle & spineless.

I wonder if the movie is gonna show the judgment of Paris.

PervyHobbitFancier
Advanced Member

Postby PervyHobbitFancier » Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:22 pm

Ok. I found my little mythology book, so about the Achilleslove interest...
Briseis was just some pretty maiden who was given to Achilles after the war was over, and it was Agamemnon who was in love with her. But he did fall in love with Priams second youngest daughter, Polyxena, and she got sacrificed at his feuneral.

but ya never know what they are gonna do with it in the movie.

georgyporgy
Supreme Member

Postby georgyporgy » Sun Sep 14, 2003 6:07 am

I just love how Homer depicted the characters in his story. They're all gorgeous heroes & heroines. :D

PervyHobbitFancier
Advanced Member

Postby PervyHobbitFancier » Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:59 am

Oh no!!
They might have to delay the rest of filming for Troy, because they are running out of money! Im trying to find the site that i read that on..... :(

Lydstar4

Postby Lydstar4 » Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:13 am

And they're over schedule! They were supposed to finish filming in July! And if that isn't bad enough, Orli's had to turn down film roles because of filming Troy. Seems they've had quite a bit of bad luck with the filming of it, considering that guy who died, and since they're over budget..

georgyporgy
Supreme Member

Postby georgyporgy » Sat Sep 20, 2003 2:03 am

That's bad news! But I thought they already finished shooting? Or is it just the Morocco location they finished filming? Good thing Orli has a few movies lined up until early next year.

olivepie

Postby olivepie » Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:13 pm

georgyporgy wrote: That's bad news! But I thought they already finished shooting? Or is it just the Morocco location they finished filming? Good thing Orli has a few movies lined up until early next year.

which is great!!!

that means more pictures!!

Return to “Orlando Bloom”